Any news on the next publish?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Since Dec 1st is just a few days away, has anyone heard anything about the next publish? Are we going to test it on TC1 or are they just going to go live (yet again) without anyone testing it?

Reactions: Tildi Daintree

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 13, 2010
Britain
gl.uorpc.net
Unlikely to be any real testing, the content and art has been in the client since at least the last publish. The Artisan Festival is pretty much the same as last year, with a few tweaks (new rewards, reversed city order, less downtime and lower top-tier point threshold).

There will have to be a map patch if they're going to turn on snow this year though...

@Kyronix

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2008
I wouldnt look for a new publish until EJ comes out. Festival and Holiday Rewards are all that has yet to be activated which will last until the first of the year. Next would be the release of EJ which would be right around the corner.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2006
Every year at around the 2nd week of December the Dev go on hiatus for the holidays.. they have family and need some time off as do we all.
Don't expect them to return till about the 2nd week of January.
This is what I have seen for nearly every year I have played.
Its not to say they might put out some work as they been working.. but I would guess the next publish will be in March.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oct 17, 2013
Awards
I really like the snow and yes I do play a t-hunter a lot of the time, I still like the snow! We get less and less snow in real life so I look forward to seeing it in-game and less chance of me falling over and breaking my limbs....:p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Publish 98 included Halloween, the Anniversary, holiday gifts and the artisian festival - 2 of these aren't yet live but the festival is essentially the same as last year, so not really anything new to test.
Publish 99, according to the last newsletter is EJ, also the new town crier, destined to be 'spring 2018' so I wouldn't expect to see anything on test center till well after the New Year.
What, exactly, are you waiting for?

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2005
Great Lakes
Publish 98 included Halloween, the Anniversary, holiday gifts and the artisian festival - 2 of these aren't yet live but the festival is essentially the same as last year, so not really anything new to test.
Publish 99, according to the last newsletter is EJ, also the new town crier, destined to be 'spring 2018' so I wouldn't expect to see anything on test center till well after the New Year.
What, exactly, are you waiting for?
We do need and want to test the Artisan Festival!!!! Two biggest concerns is how many Points is really needed this year since they supposedly reduced the requirement. I would also like you, Petra, to find out since they ignore me, will the items be given from last year as well and the new items?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I think you missed the notice where I quit Stratics staff back in October 2014. I'm not a player liaison any more, not my responsibility to chase devs to answer other people's questions. I don't, personally, need the answers to your questions. I'm happy to wait and find out.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
We do need and want to test the Artisan Festival!!!! Two biggest concerns is how many Points is really needed this year since they supposedly reduced the requirement. I would also like you, Petra, to find out since they ignore me, will the items be given from last year as well and the new items?
I'm interested to hear at what point you thought the second half of this post was okay?

Tildi Daintree

Adventurer
May 17, 2017
Wow @Shandara. I have been gone for 12 years & back for about 6 months.
Your post DID come across as rude towards @Petra Fyde .
Maybe you hadn't picked up that they were "just a player now"?
Since my return, I have found any New Info, to be extremely sparse & slow.
No matter what "we" would like, it is, what it is....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Just no snow PLEASE NOT UO SNOW!!!!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
It will all be revealed on the 1st of December...
And then the bugs with it will be fixed mid December...
so Christmas will run until mid January-it's the UO way

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2005
Great Lakes
My apologies if I came across as rude! It did offend me personally for anyone to post that something does not need testing! I have put in three separate threads asking for Publish 98.2 or 98.3 to be placed on the test center. I am the one who personally made it possible for all eight trees being advanced on Great Lakes last year. All gold out of my own pocket for resources! My email has also been unanswered as well. I will never ask Petra for help again! This has hit a real nerve with me. Remember how the Writing Table was not tested. The Jewelry Box has real risk of our valued baubles going poof since it was not player tested either.

Reactions: Capt. Lucky

Shandara

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 9, 2005
Great Lakes
from the TC1 shard post in TC1 not working? on November 9th
"We can now copy characters to Test Center but it says current Publish is 97. @Bleak @Kyronix When will Publish 98.2 be active on Test Center? I would really like to test the Artisan Festival to see how many points will be needed to advance the trees. The Jewelry Box testing would make me happy too incase there is a glitch and it eats my fancy baubles." So you can see I have been doing this myself. But have had no responses.
There are other players who would have posted that they would like to test the Jewelry Box as well.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2006
Its a bit late for testing it as it will be active in 2 days from now....
A lot of people took credit for advancement of trees last year...
That's great you helped move the trees to the final phase...
But...
Dont take too much credit... so modest...NOT
Sorry to burst a bubble...
A lot of people helped
As for snide remarks about not asking for more from Petra....
Petra should be respected for her time she put in to Stratics...

There is a reason the Dev didn't answer the inquiry, they get nearly 3 to 6 k in e mails a day...
90% are untitled which means they have to sift through the pile.. do you know how long it takes to clear that much???
The ones titled then can be dealt with.
Think of it with your own e mail... all the junk that gets sent you never asked for.....
If you think the inquiry was special...
I got news for all..
They do not owe a reply.
The part about judging the points to advance is part of what you do when the quest begins.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 20, 2006
She said so when she was answering a player at one of the last meet and greets. (She = Mesanna )

Reactions: Yadd of Legends

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sep 21, 2014
My apologies if I came across as rude! It did offend me personally for anyone to post that something does not need testing! I have put in three separate threads asking for Publish 98.2 or 98.3 to be placed on the test center. I am the one who personally made it possible for all eight trees being advanced on Great Lakes last year. All gold out of my own pocket for resources! My email has also been unanswered as well. I will never ask Petra for help again! This has hit a real nerve with me. Remember how the Writing Table was not tested. The Jewelry Box has real risk of our valued baubles going poof since it was not player tested either.
Apologies seem less than sincere when you make them about you.

Aside from this, giving orders and asking for help are two different things entirely.

Good luck with the crafting.

Reactions: ShriNayne