• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Castle Customizing Pics?

Galethien

Visitor
In most places I used 4 rough blocks to get the height that was needed, A couple place I use 5 blocks high. I rarley used gozas to raise. I do say it takes a lot of patience and a lot of trial and error. As I learned quickly build starting from bottom and work your way up. This castle was done EC

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A last target macro is your friend, then you only need to hit a key and not the mouse to raise the tiles.
And do second floor before you start on 3th, then you can raise from second floor.
Also start with NW, when you do 3th floor.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I spent most of yesterday doing one section of my castle and learning the ropes. When I was done I decorated it. All the campion flowers I had were under the floor tiles this morning. I'm certainly not going to log in after every reset and raise 30 campion flowers. So unless someone has a tip for me on what I'm doing wrong I'm gonna rip the whole thing down and forgot about it. :)

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After waiting with so much hope and then finally getting to test what we got......well erm.....
I hate that you cant see thru the blocks with COT and after building a room with the stuff I absolutely cannot stand the fact that I have yellow highlighted blocks everywhere my mouse cursor goes. :mad::rant2:

If the Dev's would make it possible for an 18x18 to have the storage of a Castle, i'd drop my Castle in a second.
Hell, put an option in the shop and charge $50 if you like....
No, for me it's a fail and I doubt i'll even bother with my Castle on Europa shard.
So now i'm stuck with a castle because i'm a hoarder and can't fit it all in an 18x18. :shots:
I agree 100%. Make it per account. I would gladly get rid of my castle. I am slowly trying to get rid of stuff and move it over to my two custom houses so I can get rid of the castle. Soooo much stuff though.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
What I set out to do was raise the east and west walk way between the towers. It took time to do and learn at first but it went ok. My only issues were at the arrow I see no way to connect the new wall to the existing wall. It would need to cut into an existing wall and I just couldn't get it to pop in there. I could get the wall slightly above where it needed to go but was unable to lower it into place. So I have a lot of campion flowers (clearly lol) that were all under the floor tile this morning which is unacceptable. I could live with the gap (which is annoying) but the flower problem is a deal breaker. I was waiting on my flower beds to pop to move that around a bit and I had some grand ideas. Also the far east row of floor tiles I can't put in because they stick through the outer wall. You can't step there anyway but it looks kinda odd if you really look at it, a minor gap. So I ended up lowering the floor to hide that gap. In the past I could click on that and place flowers so you got this path effect. So I lost one row of tile to the flowers I placed which I use to be able to use as open space. So the little straws are dropping on my back to the point where, I can't really do what I want and should be able to do so screw it :) I was looking forward to messing with this and decorating and such. But in my opinion it's broken on many levels and will probably annoy the hell outta me over time, lol. So I don't know.... a little pic to give an idea of where I was heading with this.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent most of yesterday doing one section of my castle and learning the ropes. When I was done I decorated it. All the campion flowers I had were under the floor tiles this morning. I'm certainly not going to log in after every reset and raise 30 campion flowers. So unless someone has a tip for me on what I'm doing wrong I'm gonna rip the whole thing down and forgot about it. :)
I posted the other day about locking down grass tiles on the stone pavers. When you log out and then back in, they are below the stone pavers. They all have to be raised up one to be visible. It sounds like flowers are going to be the same.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I posted the other day about locking down grass tiles on the stone pavers. When you log out and then back in, they are below the stone pavers. They all have to be raised up one to be visible. It sounds like flowers are going to be the same.
So if I raise the flowers once after I place them on the new tiles they should "stick"?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I don't suppose there's a way to recolor existing castle walls, is there? It would be very nice if you had a colored stone wallpaper skin to match your new floors to the wall.
Or make a completely shadow iron colored castle ^^

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't suppose there's a way to recolor existing castle walls, is there? It would be very nice if you had a colored stone wallpaper skin to match your new floors to the wall.
Or make a completely shadow iron colored castle ^^
Not my thing but I understand you can dye them. Not sure if it's plant dye or what.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if I raise the flowers once after I place them on the new tiles they should "stick"?
The grass tiles stayed visible after they were raised up one, and items locked down and looked normal on the grass. I raise flowers all the time, but once you have them where you want, log out and back in because some flowers will change. If they do change, just raise or lower again and they should stay. This happens a lot with flowers in planters. What you have built and decorated in your picture looks fantastic.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can dye them with plant & clean-up dyes, but they have to made from colored stone (DC, Shad, etc) and not plain granite and you have to do it before you place them.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a quick question.. when doing the North and West walls on the top floor of a castle.. how on earth do you get the walls to go on top of the existing? Normally when I deco I put a table and it does the trick with raising but with the walls I cant seem to do that.. do we have to build blocks in order to place or use gozas? Ty in advance :)

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
did not know about the dyes, thanks!

But I meant the pre-built tiles when you place your house.
It would be so cool to just slip a colored wall paper or something over them ( the blocky gray ones )

That way I could pretend to be king inside of a valorite stone colored castle
....or green.... or black... or neon purple if I so choose hehe

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have a quick question.. when doing the North and West walls on the top floor of a castle.. how on earth do you get the walls to go on top of the existing? Normally when I deco I put a table and it does the trick with raising but with the walls I cant seem to do that.. do we have to build blocks in order to place or use gozas? Ty in advance :)
I believe the trick is, go outside, lockdown a floor tile, get it on target, (you can cast a spell and target it), now go to your step, use last target to raise it enough to be able to see it from inside.
When you get the floor tile all the way up, you should be able to place a new wall on it.
If you just lockdown the tile from outside, you won't be able to see it from inside, that's why you need to raise it a little standing on step, where you still have it on last target. A teleport tile outside on step may work too, so you still have last target, when you get inside.

Last edited:

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the trick is, go outside, lockdown a floor tile, try to raise it, it will refuse, now go to your step, use last target to raise it enough to be able to see it from inside.
When you get the floor tile all the way up, you should be able to place a new wall on it.
If you just lockdown the tile from outside, you won't be able to see it from inside, that's why you need to raise it a little standing on step, where you still have it on last target. A teleport tile outside on step may work too, so you still have last target, when you get inside.
Im a little lost :( the floor im trying to create is on the top level of a castle. I can get the south and east on top of the existing small walls... Its the back and the one to the west giving me problems.. I cant even get it to place anywhere :/

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So now when a castle will be "for sale" someone will need to visit it carefully before they buy it because the designs are going to be so different (some great, some so so), and I think the next owner won't be able to undo what the previous owner did?? This customization thing is only for castle's keepers I believe...:confused2:
No because anything that was done will be easily removed, these are not permanent changes to the structure.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
The grass tiles stayed visible after they were raised up one, and items locked down and looked normal on the grass. I raise flowers all the time, but once you have them where you want, log out and back in because some flowers will change. If they do change, just raise or lower again and they should stay. This happens a lot with flowers in planters. What you have built and decorated in your picture looks fantastic.
Well I'll try it. If I can get the flowers to stay I'll probably waste a few more days on this :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
So now when a castle will be "for sale" someone will need to visit it carefully before they buy it because the designs are going to be so different (some great, some so so), and I think the next owner won't be able to undo what the previous owner did?? This customization thing is only for castle's keepers I believe...:confused2:
You can replace it and old granit tiles will poof.
Im a little lost :( the floor im trying to create is on the top level of a castle. I can get the south and east on top of the existing small walls... Its the back and the one to the west giving me problems.. I cant even get it to place anywhere :/
As I said, you need to go outside your castle, use circle trans, place a floor tile at bottom of wall West or North and then raise it the whole way up. When you have the floor tile on top of the North or West wall, you can place a wall tile on it.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can replace it and old granit tiles will poof.

As I said, you need to go outside your castle, use circle trans, place a floor tile at bottom of wall West or North and then raise it the whole way up. When you have the floor tile on top of the North or West wall, you can place a wall tile on it.

Ok ill try that ty FrejaSP :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Here is one castle that I had done,

Top Floor
I just have to ask - I've been hearing we can't build a third and fourth floor on a castle as it will end up being deleted at server up. Did yours stay as it is or disappear in the morning?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Started building my towers a floor more, will do the same with the center roof. As you see, it is possible to build on the old walls. The corner Pillar was a pain to place.

Grrr the tile I stand on and the one side by me stay visible, so I guess I can't get roof in this side of the tower. Maybe a stair won't be visible. Only the 2 rows west will block my neighbor, so I have to solve that problem if I will keep my corner tower. I removed the trouble floor tiles again.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I just have to ask - I've been hearing we can't build a third and fourth floor on a castle as it will end up being deleted at server up. Did yours stay as it is or disappear in the morning?
It will tell you, if you build to high. I believe as long it is not visible if you entre an other house and then go back and look, it's ok. Don't place vendors or other visible thing up there.
Special keep owners will love a floor more. Large towers can't get a floor more, that would be to high.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when doing the North and West walls on the top floor of a castle.. how on earth do you get the walls to go on top of the existing?
Easiest way I'm finding is to just go outside (as Freja described), drop down some of the floor tiles and go back inside and use object handles to lock them down and raise them. Only issues is if you have a lot of crap in those areas, in which case object handles gets kinda messy.

So far so good.

EDIT: Just realized you can double click and lock them down from outside - even faster.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Place a block (stair) first, then the wall, lockdown wall, remove block, lower wall

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Flowers stayed today :) Didn't fall. Appreciate the tip!

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I got part of the wall up ty! However I'm having a problem getting the wall that's near the stairs on the 2nd level. Ive removed all the deco thinking it was blocking but its still not going.. any suggestions? Ty :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
anyone know off hand how many times you have to raise a tile from the ground level to be even with the 2nd floor?

25?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone know off hand how many times you have to raise a tile from the ground level to be even with the 2nd floor?

25?
By my count 20 is the height of the 2nd floor, but you need to raise a floor tile to 28 to clear the small crenulations on castles, and 29 to clear the higher crenulations.

And in case it helps anyone....

If you're standing on top of a normal ladder and place a goza on yourself, it's 17 high, so drop a floor tile and you only have to raise it 3 times. If you place something like a stone paver or grass tile on an existing floor you can only raise it 15 times if you're on the same level. To raise it the last 5 you have to be on a higher level than the floor on which you placed it.

Last edited:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
By my count 20 is the height of the 2nd floor, but you need to raise a floor tile to 28 to clear the small crenulations on castles, and 29 to clear the higher crenulations.

And in case it helps anyone....

If you're standing on top of a normal ladder and place a goza on yourself, it's 17 high, so drop a floor tile and you only have to raise it 3 times. If you place something like a stone paver or grass tile on an existing floor you can only raise it 15 times if you're on the same level. To raise it the last 5 you have to be on a higher level than the floor on which you placed it.
look at the pic below.
dosnt 26 tiles up look more inline with the 2nd floor level??
20 is well below the existing floor - 26 is dead even with it.

Snowdrop

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would anyone know what all i use to match a sandstone home?
Id of thought copper lightest but its way to dark and more brown and ive tried dying it with light orange, ice orange and yellow dyes.
Any and all help is appreciated :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Maybe a light yellow plant dye, I will look at my pics, when I get home

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
look at the pic below.
dosnt 26 tiles up look more inline with the 2nd floor level??
20 is well below the existing floor - 26 is dead even with it.

Sorry, you are correct in that it's 26 is from the outside "ground" in the courtyard - before I saw your picture I interpreted it as the "ground" floor. So if you step inside your castle and raise from the existing tile floor it's 20, or if you are raising from the 2nd to 3rd floor it's 20 and in normal customized plots it's 20. But from the actual grass (which is the flat ground you placed your plot on) it's 26. Thanks for clarifying.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Sorry, you are correct in that it's 26 is from the outside "ground" in the courtyard - before I saw your picture I interpreted it as the "ground" floor. So if you step inside your castle and raise from the existing tile floor it's 20, or if you are raising from the 2nd to 3rd floor it's 20 and in normal customized plots it's 20. But from the actual grass (which is the flat ground you placed your plot on) it's 26. Thanks for clarifying.
ah, k ya i was thinking to myself that was probably what you where thinking when i noticed the difference.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so thought id share what im doing.
im not as design gifted as a lot of the people i see in here doing stuff.
my 3 things im gonna do / start with are practical changes.

step 1 im going to make a mezzanine level on the back side of the main area that is equal to the 2nd floor.
on this mezzanine im going to put my garden shed.
why?
because while i love the look of it in my crowded castles i cant find places to put them.
so i added this mezzanine level yesterday and my garden shed will go on it as it was just dead wasted space.
(it will go where my guy is standing)

step 2 im going to add a mezzanine to in front of the main area on the 2nd level - much the same as the one for the garden shed - this will be for my light tower which is currently in that spot but on the ground.
this will again use up dead wasted space and give me that area back on the ground level to use for more clutter.

this im going to work on next day or too.

step 3 - and this is still in the development phase (its in my mind but havnt experimented with it yet) is i have about 200 manikins with suits on and im kinda thinking that i should be able to put them up in a kind of 'garage wall' on the West and North walls.

the above 3 steps im going to do on both my castles.
my keep ive got some ideas to move stuff off the roof out onto mezzanine's as well - im thinking the garden shed again and the lighthouse and maybe even the garden beds.
but im gonna leave this until i get the castles squared away.

so nothing massive on my end, just some practical tweaks.