• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Castle Customizing Pics?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
All I've found so far was in one post by Kyronix. Would love to see what people are up to. Even if it's unfinished. Figured I'd try wandering test center but the last time I did this everyone seemed to have their castle locked up.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Work in progress..slow going, a lot of granite and carpel tunnel to the max :/

But FUN!

upload_2015-10-10_13-22-13.png

upload_2015-10-10_13-23-22.png

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Yes wanted some ideas before I start burning granite. I see a gap there by the spider web, I assume there's no way around that? Still haven't got a grip on putting walls on western walls yet. Something about bags and gozas and? Got read up on that again lol

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Oh and having no circle of transparency is a major bummer. I think they've shorted us on a lot of available pieces also....

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Does this work for Keeps also?
Works for anything, the pieces are like rubble. Just make them with your carpenter (having read the stone crafting book), place them and lock them down. Have to double click them like carpet to lock them down.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No pics right now as my castle looks like a mess, with half of the deco removed but feel free to visit it on Siege.

Go to New Mag, find Yong Travelers Inn north of bank, just follow the water north. Take teleporter on step to Safe Haven Vendors and you will end up in my castle.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i hate to be negative but i'm just not seeing much benefit to the new housing add-ons. i would like a tool to delete all my interior doors, not add more doors. i would also like the blocked views unobstructed....you know how the view changes once you move 3 tiles to the left or right of the castle courtyard steps. i also want to be able to tear down the knee high interior walls to the right & left of the castle front doors. and i would love to add a moat to my castle.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
i hate to be negative but i'm just not seeing much benefit to the new housing add-ons. i would like a tool to delete all my interior doors, not add more doors. i would also like the blocked views unobstructed....you know how the view changes once you move 3 tiles to the left or right of the castle courtyard steps. i also want to be able to tear down the knee high interior walls to the right & left of the castle front doors. and i would love to add a moat to my castle.
Yes this 'construct rubble" system is a complete mess. I'm just trying to do something with what we have. I'm trying to stay positive and do something with this, but I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing. Working with the pieces is a complete pain. If your place is heavily decorated it just adds to the fun. I normally like messing with stuff like this, but this is almost too much.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
what a pain to put up walls on the edge. needs to be a easier way.
Piece of cake. Strip everything outta your castle. Run downstairs, place a goza. Run to town grab about 500 pouches. Run all over trying to raise the goza. Place wall in pouch and ax the pouch. Decide you don't like it there. lol You gotta be kidding me. What the hell... then the view is totally blocked the little area you have to work with and circle of transparency doesn't work. I'd like to know if they had a plan "B" or what lol.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Piece of cake. Strip everything outta your castle. Run downstairs, place a goza. Run to town grab about 500 pouches. Run all over trying to raise the goza. Place wall in pouch and ax the pouch. Decide you don't like it there. lol You gotta be kidding me. What the hell... then the view is totally blocked the little area you have to work with and circle of transparency doesn't work. I'd like to know if they had a plan "B" or what lol.

Its a lame compromise to what it should have been. which is full customization.

However with that said, the truly dedicated deco people will be able to do some amazing things with what little they got.

TIP: Put in 3 goza floors in your castle before you do any deco. bottom, second and roof top. That way if you need to raise a Goza to place an item its already close. When done placing the new deco items, axe gozas. :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I "get it". Certainly not intuitive lol. Here's what I'm doing to get the hang of it in the picture below. Now here's a new twist. If you try to make the wall straight across at the top you get this circle of transparency effect. So I guess you pretty much have to have the top edge with the notched effect like the top of castle walls are currently. You pretty much have to line up the bottom of the new wall with the top of the old wall. Which is ok I guess. I have a feeling as i continue this out things aren't going to line up though. But I'm trying! *smh*

Untitled.jpg

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Those wooden railings would have been nice to fence around the top of steps. Half walls would have been nice. The small brick pieces to make a border would have been nice. If they put some effort into this it would have been nice ;)

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the room on top of the keep, how many levels can you add to your house?
The stone pavers that form the top roof where I'm standing are raised up 20 above the original top roof of the Keep. During construction, I needed to raise some of the stone pavers higher for visibility. When I raised them up another 15, I received a message that I couldn't build.

Katrena

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those wooden railings would have been nice to fence around the top of steps. Half walls would have been nice. The small brick pieces to make a border would have been nice. If they put some effort into this it would have been nice ;)
I would love to have the wood railings added. My goal was to see how close I could make the addition look like the original Keep.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is there no way to use the steps to make a stairway over the half walls just inside the door of the castles? Seems a tragedy if they didnt do something for that.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
BTW people... when you say have a wall piece locked down and turn it, it makes corners and columns and such :)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After waiting with so much hope and then finally getting to test what we got......well erm.....
I hate that you cant see thru the blocks with COT and after building a room with the stuff I absolutely cannot stand the fact that I have yellow highlighted blocks everywhere my mouse cursor goes. :mad::rant2:

If the Dev's would make it possible for an 18x18 to have the storage of a Castle, i'd drop my Castle in a second.
Hell, put an option in the shop and charge $50 if you like....
No, for me it's a fail and I doubt i'll even bother with my Castle on Europa shard.
So now i'm stuck with a castle because i'm a hoarder and can't fit it all in an 18x18. :shots:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, just to be clear, this system became an "in addition to" with no method for removing any of the existing structure?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, just to be clear, this system became an "in addition to" with no method for removing any of the existing structure?
Correct, you can add things but cannot remove things.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its alot of fun if you are patient and stubborn and have a plan . Remove more old deco than you would like. Esp the bottom walls south and east side towards courtyard. Start at the north and west side and raise floors. Row after row, no shortcuts..lots of coffee.. End for the day before you are too tired to think. It can be very hard if you make a misstake to correct it next day. The floor tiles are much easier to see if they are at the right hight than gozas. I had liked an empty plot better ofcourse, but you can do alot of improvements and extra rooms with this.
Im still making a first floor above the turrets to make it flat . North side will have another floor high as the towers . I can show some pictures in a day or two.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
IMHO this was a total waste of DEV time. This is not customization, this is a farce.
Waste? not at all, it's so cool, I love it!
Sure I can't remove that short wall to the right & left of the castle front doors and place doors but I can finish the wall so there are no holes there.
Also, if you are tired of the color of your floor, place colored floor tiles on it. They won't be a pain, when you try to place stuff on them, like carpers are.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMHO this was a total waste of DEV time. This is not customization, this is a farce.
Maybe it will lead to something better.
I will say this, I would have been been very content for a hundred hours or more reforming my castles and keeps under this system if it were a true alternative to the current floor plans. As it is, I can make a lot of stone gargoyle armor.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have a bar in-game thou?......with a sink and a sign and everything ;)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, this just occurred to me. Each floor tile...each wall piece..these all count against lock down space?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Um, this just occurred to me. Each floor tile...each wall piece..these all count against lock down space?
They are locked down like carpets, by double clicking the piece instead of actually saying the "I wish to lock this down" command. Since carpet does not take lockdown space I'd think these pieces don't take lockdown space either.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe it will lead to something better.
I will say this, I would have been been very content for a hundred hours or more reforming my castles and keeps under this system if it were a true alternative to the current floor plans. As it is, I can make a lot of stone gargoyle armor.
IMHO this will lead to nothing more than what it is. The DEVs just appeased you all, LMAO.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So is there no way to use the steps to make a stairway over the half walls just inside the door of the castles? Seems a tragedy if they didnt do something for that.
Because of the height of those little walls, it is impossible to put stairs (with either the new stone steps or goza) to go over them. Anything you put there and you will be bonking your head on the ceiling.

I've seen some creative ways to get "through" them, but not over them.

For the most part, I view that area as being a sort of foyer.. or protection from invaders... instead of knocking down one set of doors, they need to knock down 2.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to get from a new floor level over the little wall going to the corner castle turret. What am I doing wrong? I did build steps lol.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm trying to get from a new floor level over the little wall going to the corner castle turret. What am I doing wrong? I did build steps lol.
There is no getting "over" those little walls without hitting the ceiling. if that little was was only 1-high, would work. The total height of those little walls is like 5z from the floor, which it "too high" for steps.

Here's what I did...:

Attachments

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
A picture is worth 1000 words :) I'm trying to get from this new floor on the top of the castle to the top corner we use to need ladders to get to. Over this stupid pre-existing wall.

3.jpg

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ooooh! :D

you need to go one more tile S
you need another set of steps, AND then you need to put the block atop the wall to get over it.

remember, the walls cannot be stepped on, but stepped over - either with tile or something that can be walked on.
upload_2015-10-10_14-58-38.png

and then you need steps on the N side of the wall so was to step up onto the block to get over the wall

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
ooooh! :D

you need to go one more tile S
you need another set of steps, AND then you need to put the block atop the wall to get over it.

remember, the walls cannot be stepped on, but stepped over - either with tile or something that can be walked on.
View attachment 37764

and then you need steps on the N side of the wall so was to step up onto the block to get over the wall
Okay. I'm a little confused but I think I get the idea

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Okay so I need a step, then a floor tile or something over the wall I can walk on, then a step? So it's a 3 spaces that are used up? I was hoping for 2 spaces :p