• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anti-Cheat code: will it also take care of previous resources script-gotten ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The anti-cheat code will, hopefully, bring to a halt scripting and hacking and cheating in UO.

Great, a tad late, IMHO, but better late then never....

Thing is, I wonder, what about the huge abundance of resources gotten via scripting already ?

The end of scripting will again make resource gathering a viable activity for those players who wish to do it since it will make the resources scarcer and bring prices up to a level which more justifies the time spent by a player who actually does it and does not use a script.

BUT, those scripters who have tens, hundreds of thousands of resources already stocked up, will also benefit hugely from the increased prices post anti-cheat code.

This is not fair and I think the Devs should find a way to address this, somehow.
Perhaps, and this is what I hope, this is why they have been monitoring accounts for a while now and why there is a nice Excel file telling which accounts have been operating out of the rules.

I would really hate to see it end up like when the Library Collectibles were realeased; the scripters who had large caches of Frostwood gotten through scripting where the ones who made HUGE profits by getting the items easy, with frostwood and selling them at absurd prices because they were new and usefull.

I do not think that allowing cheaters to benefit from their resources gathered with scripting a go-go is a good thing for the game and definately, it ain't fair towards all those players who DID play by the rules.

At least, that is what I think.

Jean-Loot PKard

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you trolling? you know damn well that it is technically impossible to determine what resources are gathered via scripting.

dukarlo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if it stopped anyone from speedhacking first.

M

Myna

i dont believe the dev monitored anything and they wont do anything against cheating.

they just talk about it .... since years ... to show "hey look we do something against it" ....

we are not talking about rocket sience ...

Status
Not open for further replies.