• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And yet another pet goes POOF

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF we're in the cloud servers now, someone please explain to me why we still have server lines ?
From the technical point of view, the cloud server is a big term for VM platform. The cloud sever hosts many small servers inside.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trained a dread spider only to realize that for some reason poisoning is not longer working. It is 74.8 on the list but not listed in the lore and knowledge section. It will not raise and it says they poison has no effect. We need more freedom to re-customize our pets, because mistakes happen.
You chose a differnt magic ability so poisoning went bye bye.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You chose a different magic ability so poisoning went bye bye.
Yeah i figured something like that happened but it was unintentional to say the least. i tamed another one though and wont make the same mistake. I will use the plan option more in the future for sure though.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I Still believe this is some kind of glitch in the auto stabling and I have not been able to figure anything that triggers it to occur that I am doing. It does seem to a higher % chance that a pet will poof with 2 clients open on the same computer or even with two or more computers with clients open on the same wireless router. Data packets getting mixed up server side? that is just a wild guess as that is well out of my area of knowledge :)

I am done testing this stuff for a while........... It is BORING AS HELL forcing your client to crash, restarting the client and hoing a pet went poof :) and forcing DC and logging back in is about as exciting as watching the grass grow. Now that I have found a reasonable way to recover pets that have gone who knows where, I am going to try actually playing now :)
Kudo to you, sir for doing this. The most important thing is that you were able to recreate it. That means the devs should be able to as well. That means they should be able to fix it. And with a bug of such severity, they should be fixing it ahead of everything else.

I hope you reported the bug and your finding via official email.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Am I really stupid, or does it actually make sense to anyone to have poisoning as a magical ability? Surely poisoning is a physical thing for animals, a sting or spider venom they carry on them? Makes no logical sense to me that poisoning is magical!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I really stupid, or does it actually make sense to anyone to have poisoning as a magical ability? Surely poisoning is a physical thing for animals, a sting or spider venom they carry on them? Makes no logical sense to me that poisoning is magical!
Guess they just drain the spiders venom glands at server up every morning :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kudo to you, sir for doing this. The most important thing is that you were able to recreate it. That means the devs should be able to as well. That means they should be able to fix it. And with a bug of such severity, they should be fixing it ahead of everything else.

I hope you reported the bug and your finding via official email.
The question is are they going to invest the time required to duplicate it :) It was a solid 14 hours before I got the first pet to disappear. LOL I were using one of my fully trained and scrolled pets, it probably would have gone poof in the first hour, that is just how my luck goes LOL. In reading various other forums and FB groups this bug has impacted a lot more people than just those of us that post on stratics. That last Hiryu I lost at the sleeping dragon really annoyed me, first because I just wanted to sit down and relax after a hard day in the field. Second I HAD JUST FINISHED TRAINING IT SKILLS TO 120s so there was a time and 8 scrolls just gone. So I had motivation to find someway to get pets lost in the future back. Or atleast a good chance to get the pet back.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did forget to mention one thing with the boat mooring line pet recovery trick. The boat has to be placed on the same server, IE IF you cross a server line the pet is gone for all time. Don't know about gate or recalling I didn't get around to testing that. I keep a tokuno ship in every tamers backpack now. Leaving a dungeon (Yomatsu Mines in my case) did not cause the same problems as crossing a server line. I used the mines for testing because the sea is close by and no server lines to be crossed to get to the boat.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
This morning, I logged in to my house, was riding my red Cu named Dippy Do and went through my house teleporter to my other house. When I came out the other side, I was no longer on the Cu and she wasn't anywhere to be seen. It was like she was taken from me. She was bonded and trained. The pet slot bar shows 5/5. I tried to use her Pet Ball. No messages to tell me anything and she did not appear. I checked the stable. she wasn't there. I relogged several times and rebooted the game. Pet Slot still shows 5/5 and I cannot remove another pet from the stables nor can I cast EV or any spell that requires a Pet slot.

As of now, my Tamer/Mage is in fact quite useless if she cant cast or take a pet out.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Wow that totally sucks! Maybe try calling a GM? I hope you get your pet back, this is a horrible bug! Have the Devs said they are looking into this issue? :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This morning, I logged in to my house, was riding my red Cu named Dippy Do and went through my house teleporter to my other house. When I came out the other side, I was no longer on the Cu and she wasn't anywhere to be seen. It was like she was taken from me. She was bonded and trained. The pet slot bar shows 5/5. I tried to use her Pet Ball. No messages to tell me anything and she did not appear. I checked the stable. she wasn't there. I relogged several times and rebooted the game. Pet Slot still shows 5/5 and I cannot remove another pet from the stables nor can I cast EV or any spell that requires a Pet slot.

As of now, my Tamer/Mage is in fact quite useless if she cant cast or take a pet out.
silly idea I know, but did you return to the first house in case she was there?

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Yup, tried that too, went back to the house in which I had gone to via the house teleporter and returned to the original house. I did do this several times. She isn't there. Her health bar is no where to be seen. I walked all over the island (Tram side Barrier island) with a guildmate and we couldn't see her.

It was like she was taken from me as I walked through the teleporter. I haven't had a chance to check after the server reset because I am in the UK and at work. Cross fingers.

Honestly, if the pet is never found, so be it. Right now, the problem is my tamer/mage is showing all 5 pet slots are used and that means I cannot take any pets out of the stable, cast any spells requiring pet slots, nor can I, if it came to it, use a soulstone to transfer skills off this character to another because I would not be able to take any out of the PETS out of the stable I worked hard to train.

I am more worried that my character (Kyo) is bugged and stuck with 5/5 Pet slots.

PS called a GM at 2 am Eastern Time but had to give up after an hour because , again I live in the UK and had to leave for work. If I am still bugged with the screwed up 5/5 Pet Slot I will try paging a GM again.

I do not hold my breath that It will be fixed and whilst there are a small handful of people who would rejoice at this statement, if this character is completely banjaxed, it would be game over for me and I would leave UO.

Last edited:

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Oh yea, I even went to Castle Blackthorn to try and see if she was stabled, but 5/5 still and I even committed suicide. Nada. As of 3 am Eastern time, Dippy was still MIA.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that is a whole new pet poofing situation to me! Might try the getting on a boat via the mooring lines. That works for me most of the time when nothing else does. But what you describe sounds like a totally different pet poofing issue than the disconnect or client crash pet poofing issue.

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Now that is a whole new pet poofing situation to me! Might try the getting on a boat via the mooring lines. That works for me most of the time when nothing else does. But what you describe sounds like a totally different pet poofing issue than the disconnect or client crash pet poofing issue.

Yup. I have had her go MIA before at Dragon Turtle and I did the poor man's pet ball (log out and back in) and she came back to me but this is a whole new kind of WTF. Totally vanished out from under me. One hour to go before I can get home to log in and see what's happened and if the server down reset fixed anything.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup. I have had her go MIA before at Dragon Turtle and I did the poor man's pet ball (log out and back in) and she came back to me but this is a whole new kind of WTF. Totally vanished out from under me. One hour to go before I can get home to log in and see what's happened and if the server down reset fixed anything.
Hopefully it did/does I have a bugged character with a totally different problem that they can't figure out, or hadn't the last time I logged onto him and it is very frustrating to be unable to do what the character was built to do.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe try to initiate a character copy to TC and see if it brings your pet back?
I forgot that I played around with that in my pet poofing testing and it had some success. Problem I ran into with it was "You can't copy a character at this time."

Aeneas

Adventurer
Oh yea, I even went to Castle Blackthorn to try and see if she was stabled, but 5/5 still and I even committed suicide. Nada. As of 3 am Eastern time, Dippy was still MIA.
Poor Dippy. I remembered that he likes to run all over the place at champ spawn. Check Humility champ, he may be wandering around the area :)

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Hopefully it did/does I have a bugged character with a totally different problem that they can't figure out, or hadn't the last time I logged onto him and it is very frustrating to be unable to do what the character was built to do.
My biggest issue will be the Pet Slot still reading 5/5. If they are when I log in to Atlantic shortly, then we have a Problem, Houston. If the pet is lost, fine, ok, I will pout a bit but I will train a new one. The Pet slot being stuck is the issue. As you said its frustrating having a useless character. o.0

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Poor Dippy. I remembered that he likes to run all over the place at champ spawn. Check Humility champ, he may be wandering around the area :)
Funny you say that! I did check for Dips there before I gave up this morning! LOL

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Happy ending for me and Dippy Do! She was not there when I logged back in and pet slot was still at 5/5. I paged the GM and GM River popped in and found Dippy! Thanks for the help everyone! River said he (she?) didn't know what happened. No clue where in the realm she was. But she is happy and back with her mommy ! :cheerleader:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well that is great news, I'm happy you got her back! GM River is so cool... :D

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Happy ending for me and Dippy Do! She was not there when I logged back in and pet slot was still at 5/5. I paged the GM and GM River popped in and found Dippy! Thanks for the help everyone! River said he (she?) didn't know what happened. No clue where in the realm she was. But she is happy and back with her mommy ! :cheerleader:
GM River is awesome. :ten:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
And hooray for a happy ending. :D
o.0

Did not realize that was a service they offered... does it cost extra? Glad they started offering "happy endings" though, the game will live on forever if that is the case :devil:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I quit logging in months ago after my fully trained mare pooffed and snow leopard.
Any eta on the slot jump and despairing pets fix?
Hopefully this up coming event and anniversary will be enough to keep paying for all my accounts down to 5 and looking to close 3 more soon.

Need bug fixes first and foremost and a new leadership direction imho..
I feel this team is working very hard but I don't feel they are listening to what the players want...
they seem to only listen to a few selected people....

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tyrath and all, I don't know if this will work as a boat, but the rowboat has a mooring rope. It might be a little more affordable and easier to steer due to the size.