• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And yet another pet goes POOF

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted that my blue beetle went "tame" after a Corgul, when it was bonded. Am I sure it was bonded ? Yeah, friends had to rez it twice. I posted here, no one cared.
Must have missed that one.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a bit of a non issue, they're only pets, it wasn't all that long ago when you couldn't even bond pets, when they're dead you get another one, pets now are very disposable, there is nothing unique about them, just tame and train another.

I don't really understand the complaint about the pet bonding potion usage also, why would you buy so many? just keep it in the stable for a week. It's like 30gp.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The list of bugs people are finding with pets is getting to be rather long. Some you can work around others like this poofing there is not much you can do.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think this is a bit of a non issue, they're only pets, it wasn't all that long ago when you couldn't even bond pets, when they're dead you get another one, pets now are very disposable, there is nothing unique about them, just tame and train another.

I don't really understand the complaint about the pet bonding potion usage also, why would you buy so many? just keep it in the stable for a week. It's like 30gp.
Uhhh it has been a long long time since you could not bond pets. I guess if you just tame a pet and train it to GM with out putting scrolls into it to they are disposable. The comparable would be losing a plat or more suit that you had insured or blessed that just went poof. The weeks bonding we will just call normal insurance and the pet bonding potion a pet bless deed :) IF peoples PvP suits were going Poof while blessed or insured there would be some serious outrage. No different than a tamers pets going poof. And yes different pets are and builds are quite unique and expensive.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the difference between a pvp suit, and a pet is, you can tame another pet and make it the exact specification as it was before in no time. Whereas legendary artifacts are unique. I don't know where you got the figure of 1 plat from, you're buying powerscrolls from the wrong vendor.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the difference between a pvp suit, and a pet is, you can tame another pet and make it the exact specification as it was before in no time. Whereas legendary artifacts are unique. I don't know where you got the figure of 1 plat from, you're buying powerscrolls from the wrong vendor.
Figure up the value of 40 scrolls spread across 13 lost pets at current prices. On the low end a scrolled bonded pet going poof is going to burn you 120-150 mil

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not saying it's ok to not fix bugs, but: You loose one pet, laughs on them. You keep going and loose 10 pets. Laughs on you.

Reminds me a bit of that silly "insanity" quote: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

I don't like this "wait a week" penalty to taming or the 500 gold bond potion (should be 100 and quest). No other ability in this game is restricted and taming should be no different, furthermore with this new pet training in place + pet slot bugs and pet creations gone wrong by human miscalculations you think broadsword would do the right thing and at the very least have a massive discount on pet bonding potions until this system is perfected.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not saying it's ok to not fix bugs, but: You loose one pet, laughs on them. You keep going and loose 10 pets. Laughs on you.

Reminds me a bit of that silly "insanity" quote: "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
Well I guess in that case following your logic I should just stop being a tamer and and not play what are my main templates and take up a gimpy skill set.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I guess in that case following your logic I should just stop being a tamer and and not play what are my main templates and take up a gimpy skill set.
That's what I would do if my slayer scrappers went *poof* every now and then. Let UO being UO for a couple of weeks and do something else. Hopefully it will be fixed then.

I know it sucks :/

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My husband lost a chief paroxysmus swamp dragon in a champ spawn last week. He died, and logged out to save his mount from dying. When he logged back in and ressed the pet was just gone. Not it stables, not anywhere, and using a crystal ball would just yield some message of it not having a pet linked to it.

I think I had read somewhere that they were working on a "fix" to prevent people from bypassing their pets death by logging out. Maybe as a result of this "fix" the pets are just vanishing instead??

@Kyronix @Bleak Some official comment regarding this would be nice. Or at least, a specific to what is causing it. It would be nice for us players to avoid losing our pets until your team can address this issue. Replacing a chief swamp dragon is a pain, but to lose a pet that has months of work into it... yeah that just isn't cool =( And I'm not a big tamer fan to begin with! But even I can see the need to solve this ASAP before we lose more people in our game... even if they are smelly tamers :lick:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tyrath , can you tell us what happened, what you were doing when you lost all your pets, (to the best of your memory).

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Soooooooooooo After deciding to close some accounts......... I picked a master acct that has nothing but junk house holder accts under it that I log into every few years to update the CC info. I guess I forgot the PW for it..... No big deal right, just use the forgot PW option get the email and reset the PW............... WRONG!!!

View attachment 69050
I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago. Took me several emails (including that hugely overloaded form), then jumping through hoops between Broadsword support and EA support to get it fixed so I could even change the password. (And I'm still 100% sure the password I was giving it before trying to change it was the correct password.)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Because a pet bonding pot is 5.00, and well worth the cost if you don't want to wait 7 days, and have a job. ;-)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband lost a chief paroxysmus swamp dragon in a champ spawn last week. He died, and logged out to save his mount from dying. When he logged back in and ressed the pet was just gone. Not it stables, not anywhere, and using a crystal ball would just yield some message of it not having a pet linked to it.

I think I had read somewhere that they were working on a "fix" to prevent people from bypassing their pets death by logging out. Maybe as a result of this "fix" the pets are just vanishing instead??

@Kyronix @Bleak Some official comment regarding this would be nice. Or at least, a specific to what is causing it. It would be nice for us players to avoid losing our pets until your team can address this issue. Replacing a chief swamp dragon is a pain, but to lose a pet that has months of work into it... yeah that just isn't cool =( And I'm not a big tamer fan to begin with! But even I can see the need to solve this ASAP before we lose more people in our game... even if they are smelly tamers :lick:
Wasn't there a bug that made the Chiefs swampy disappear that they sort of fixed but any obtained before the fix would still disappear? Can't recall more than that much.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ran into the same problem a few weeks ago. Took me several emails (including that hugely overloaded form), then jumping through hoops between Broadsword support and EA support to get it fixed so I could even change the password. (And I'm still 100% sure the password I was giving it before trying to change it was the correct password.)
On the account PW reset problem I am certain as well that the PW I entered is correct I have not changed in forever and have it written on the wall above my shop computer :) But hey they insist its wrong and how hard can resetting the PW be right.............

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lost a pre-publish Cu in Shame. No client crash. It just died and went poof. It was bonded and I had it for years. I thought the bug had something to do with using pre-97 pets or Shame, but I guess it is wider than that.
I understand that this bug would probably be insanely difficult to track down simply because it happens rarely enough where duplicating it is a problem. However, at least an acknowledgement from the Devs would be nice. Despite the bug's rarity, permanently losing one's pet was a huge thing before the publish. Now, with the scroll situation being what it is - a single pet can cost 100M gold for scrolls alone.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My husband lost a chief paroxysmus swamp dragon in a champ spawn last week. He died, and logged out to save his mount from dying
so he was abusing the very game mechanics that were put in place to prevent people from losing pets, seems like he got his just desserts.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so he was abusing the very game mechanics that were put in place to prevent people from losing pets, seems like he got his just desserts.
I find it puzzling that people keep calling this an abuse of game mechanics when it's been this way for years. If they don't like it, they can change it, otherwise why wouldn't I take advantage of it?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Until we can gate from any place you can tame, it needs to stay. Am I supposed to tame something and feed it and guard it for 7 days until it bonds? Boy that would be a fun game.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
no, part of the fun is getting the newly tamed creature out from its wild location. That is how it always was. I actually tamed a Ossein Ram and took it out of deceit and was commenting to a friend how much of a pain it was, when he said to me, why don't i use the pet log exploit? i didn't realise until recently that it also works on non bonded pets.

You don't even have to heal it when you tame it, you tame it and the health is auto to 100%, tell me why that is if the object of the game is to insta log out and stable it??
Health on freshly tamed pets is NOT "auto to 100%". If the pet has taken damage in the taming process, when tamed it still shows the damage! Not sure where you are taming, but the last 5 pets I tamed still showed it. Including a dragon wolf that was almost dead.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This game is so trammelised, there is no challenge anymore. tame a pet, have it insta bonded with a pet potion so you NEVER lose it no matter how much it dies, in fact, the pet doesn't even die anymore, you just log out when it's near death, and even if the pet does die, it used to lose 1% in skill points or 2% if someone else ressed it, then it was 0.2% if somoene else ressed it, now it loses 0.1% only, and it's not even perma loss. You can just train it back again, and you have the animal taming mastery so it gains 3 x faster.

Thsi game is a joke.

You tamers can't even tame a pet for the first time without using cheats to auto stable it from location and claim it is how the game is supposed to work.

Last edited:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Help i need to have everything 100% guaranteed all the time because i am deaf and blind and want to play UO on a 56k modem. Might as well just turn it into test centre so we say "give everything"

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
no, part of the fun is getting the newly tamed creature out from its wild location. That is how it always was. I actually tamed a Ossein Ram and took it out of deceit and was commenting to a friend how much of a pain it was, when he said to me, why don't i use the pet log exploit? i didn't realise until recently that it also works on non bonded pets.

You don't even have to heal it when you tame it, you tame it and the health is auto to 100%, tell me why that is if the object of the game is to insta log out and stable it??
Hm, I've never even tried some of these things. If they are actual game exploits, I guess you've just violated the ToS :wink:

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I find it puzzling that people keep calling this an abuse of game mechanics when it's been this way for years. If they don't like it, they can change it, otherwise why wouldn't I take advantage of it?
What i find interestig is that i was told about this "feature" by a GM. Most tamers that I know, know about it, tell new tamers about it and use it themselves.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have used it from time to time for pack animals. I don't consider it an exploit, and I dont think anyone should consider it an exploit. We are playing the game the way they coded it.

If we shouldn t play it this way, they should change the coding. Simple.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah, seriously guys please stop with the religious stuff. It's against the Stratics rules of conduct to post it here. I have copy/pasted the applicable section below.

Prohibited Activites:
"Engage in real-life political or religious discussions anywhere on Stratics or associated properties."

Some posts have been edited to remove the religious parts or deleted if there was nothing except religion in them.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used it from time to time for pack animals. I don't consider it an exploit, and I dont think anyone should consider it an exploit. We are playing the game the way they coded it.

If we shouldn t play it this way, they should change the coding. Simple.
This is :bdh:since there have been multiple threads about it over the years and it is still here. What is different now days are the pets just vanishing. I lost exactly one pet back in 2001 or 2002 and it was not a bug a truck hit the pole with my electric transformer on it the day before TG and it was the Friday after before they could get a new transformer for it. The Mare was gone and I was a ghost when I finally logged back on. Wasn't exactly happy about it but hey it was explainable and a tough break. Did not lose another pet until after pub 97 and the pets started randomly going poof in client crashes and disconnects, which is not explainable and seems to have no rhyme or reason beyond the crash or DC. It is possible that the auto logging has something to do with it or it could be totally something else. While it is fairly rare it is often enough to cost a good chunk of gold now with the scrolls and pots involved and I am obviously not the only who has experienced this.

Not directed at you Uriah in a negative way quoted you because you sum it up nicely.

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this bug would probably be insanely difficult to track down simply because it happens rarely enough where duplicating it is a problem.
That is the biggest problem with bugs like these, they are so random and the circumstances so varied.... how do you even begin to duplicate it other than maybe put a character in the same area and crashing the client over and over again until it happens. Might happen on the 1st time or it might not happen until the 10,000th time. Since I don't run any 3rd party programs including the legal ones, those can at least be eliminated from the equation :) OS does not seem to matter as it happened on all three of my machines running 10, Vista and XP on the shop computer. About half of the lost pets I did have a second account and client running on another machine that did not crash and could see the pet go poof like it auto stabled in a log out, but was just gone when I got the client back up and logged back in, with follow/control slots at zero. Not a whole lot more info I can give other than "And there I was butt deep in lesser hiryus and rev lions and the client crashed and the pet was gone." I had actually thought it had been fixed since it had been like a month since I had lost a pet before losing this one. Finding it very difficult to summon the motivation to take another pet out of the stables and use scroll points on it and train it up to replace the lost one :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im out looking for colored lessers near the server line and two weird things have happened.

This pic is the ghost of a wild Lesser. Thats his body below it. The ghost was there a long time before i took the pic. Both the lesser and my pet were frozen. I thought I disconnected. I was able to run off the screen and come back 3 times before my pet finally moved.

upload_2017-7-17_22-10-27.png

Then I had a wild speeder lesser chase me and it froze. I brought another person to look at it and it was frozen to them also.

We could not attack it with a pet, spell or bow. Then it unfroze and acted normal.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now I have a lesser following me. I am invised so it should not be this color. It wont attack me and I cant attack it. Its following me around.

I think it is light green but I cant tell.

upload_2017-7-17_22-48-22.png

Is this stuff normal for this area?

The thing finally moved and I damaged it and it froze. I was able to tame it while frozen. The Gamen is walking around wondering whats going on.

upload_2017-7-17_23-43-23.png

Now i have a new light green lesser.

upload_2017-7-17_23-45-15.png

Last edited:

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All kinds of buggy things happen at that area. Has for a long time and I reckon it will for a long time to come lol
Hehe part of the reason I live there on a couple of shards, its always exciting and full of unexpected things :)

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah the speeding lessers tend to occur when you hit the server line from what I've noticed. Same with the freezing and non attacking.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe part of the reason I live there on a couple of shards, its always exciting and full of unexpected things :)
It really is an under rated area. Too far one way you have to deal with regular hyiru another way you playing an oni throw in the server line bugs and the occasional ninja its actually pretty fun.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really is an under rated area. Too far one way you have to deal with regular hyiru another way you playing an oni throw in the server line bugs and the occasional ninja its actually pretty fun.
Only house I like better is the Tsuki Garden. I don't have the Hiryu house on Origin anymore but it is the oddball, it doesn't have the server line in the tree line to the SE and two full Hiryus that spawn instead other shards single one. The Legends Hiryu house on the other hand has like intersecting server lines that is like the Bermuda triangle all kinds of weird stuff can happen there above and beyond normal server line weird. Have had grey hiryus turn colored and colored turn gray, Hiryus chasing me dupe themselves, Super speeders that made the un nerfed phoenix look slow, funniest was two lessers chasing me and once across the line started fighting each other in a high speed battle. Not provoked or tone tamed just one started attacking the other. The Oni is a wild card and you never know where he will turn up. Kind of a off note but I and Don both have noted that the pre patch Hiryus tamed there are the ones that don't have Bushi as option, while most of them tamed West along the coast do get Bushi as a option (Pre patch tamed only). Weird weird happenings in that part of the world :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the speeding lessers tend to occur when you hit the server line from what I've noticed. Same with the freezing and non attacking.
I promise on Siege and Legends if you don't hit the server line at a dead run with 7-8 lessers and a full chasing you.............. you won't make it to the house porch. Seems like the more that chase you across the faster more of them go and a couple always get froze in the server line.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was alone fighting Navrey so I dropped the rocks. I was mounted at the time. It duped my pet.

upload_2017-7-19_19-34-36.png

Thats a 5 slot Hiryu im riding and its clone. Clone killed Navrey and when I dismounted, The one i'm riding disappeared.

I could lore the clone and I was moving at riding speed.

I couldn't keep the clone so I guess its ok to post.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I was alone fighting Navrey so I dropped the rocks. I was mounted at the time. It duped my pet.

View attachment 69423

Thats a 5 slot Hiryu im riding and its clone. Clone killed Navrey and when I dismounted, The one i'm riding disappeared.

Had that same thing happen at Bellfry (sp) quite a few times trying to kill that Drag.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

View attachment 69423

HAXXOR :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just made a discovery on how to not lose the pet in one of these crash/disconnect events when your follower says 0 and your pet is not there. Going to have to try it more and see how consistent it is. I have been spending several hours per day forcing client crashes and disconnects trying to find anyway to recover lost pets. Here is the only thing I have found that gives you about a 5 in 7 chance at recovering the lost pet. I have forced 870 client crashes and 903 disconnects and managed to lose 11 pets (Just junk stable bonded pets) I Perma lost the first four before remembering that wherever in the world your pet is under normal circumstances boarding a ship via the mooring lines makes the pet appear on the deck of your ship when you board itusing the mooring lines.

When you log back in after a client crash or disconnect and your pet is NOT there and the Followers shows ZERO on your stat bar.

#1 DO NOT LOG OUT and BACK IN as would make sense in a hope that your pet will reappear. I believe this is where your pet becomes Perm Lost, is the log out and back in.

#2. DO PLACE A SHIP THAT IS A ORC SHIP, BRIT SHIP, TOKUNO OR GARG SHIP IT HAS TO BE ONE THAT YOU BOARD USING THE MOORING LINES. The old boats DO NOT WORK FOR THIS.

#3. TRY USING YOUR PET SUMMONING BALL BEFORE BOARDING THE SHIP USING THE MOORING LINES. just on the odd chance that the pet wandered off :)

#4. If the pet ball tells you it can't contact the pet BOARD THE SHIP USING THE MOORING LINES and the pet has a high chance of materializing from whatever void it was in. This is NOT 100%

#5. When the pet appears it is like it is a shade, you can't mount it, lore it or command it, the pet just stands there on the mooring line. DO NOT LOG OUT.

#6. Take control of the ships wheel manually and move the ship left or right one space, NO MORE THAN ONE SPACE. IE DO NOT USE A MACRO OR TYPE RIGHT OR LEFT!!!! ****THIS IS IMPORTANT**** you want to move the ship toward the pet or move the center of the shop to the pet. If you move the ship away from the pet it will slide off the boat and go POOF. ONE SPACE TOWARD THE PET the shade slides off the mooring line and becomes your normal pet again. and comes to you normally (MOST OF THE TIME) some of the time it slides and goes poof anyway 1 out of 5 in my testing did that and was just gone.

I have no idea where the pets go when they poof but after using this method closing the status bar and reopening the controlled followers will show however many slots your pet is again (Assuming you had a successful pet recovery.) I will take 5 out of 7 over ZERO ;)

I Still believe this is some kind of glitch in the auto stabling and I have not been able to figure anything that triggers it to occur that I am doing. It does seem to a higher % chance that a pet will poof with 2 clients open on the same computer or even with two or more computers with clients open on the same wireless router. Data packets getting mixed up server side? that is just a wild guess as that is well out of my area of knowledge :)

I am done testing this stuff for a while........... It is BORING AS HELL forcing your client to crash, restarting the client and hoing a pet went poof :) and forcing DC and logging back in is about as exciting as watching the grass grow. Now that I have found a reasonable way to recover pets that have gone who knows where, I am going to try actually playing now :)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I promise on Siege and Legends if you don't hit the server line at a dead run with 7-8 lessers and a full chasing you.............. you won't make it to the house porch. Seems like the more that chase you across the faster more of them go and a couple always get froze in the server line.
IF we're in the cloud servers now, someone please explain to me why we still have server lines ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just made a discovery on how to not lose the pet in one of these crash/disconnect events when your follower says 0 and your pet is not there. Going to have to try it more and see how consistent it is. I have been spending several hours per day forcing client crashes and disconnects trying to find anyway to recover lost pets. Here is the only thing I have found that gives you about a 5 in 7 chance at recovering the lost pet. I have forced 870 client crashes and 903 disconnects and managed to lose 11 pets (Just junk stable bonded pets) I Perma lost the first four before remembering that wherever in the world your pet is under normal circumstances boarding a ship via the mooring lines makes the pet appear on the deck of your ship when you board itusing the mooring lines.

When you log back in after a client crash or disconnect and your pet is NOT there and the Followers shows ZERO on your stat bar.

#1 DO NOT LOG OUT and BACK IN as would make sense in a hope that your pet will reappear. I believe this is where your pet becomes Perm Lost, is the log out and back in.

#2. DO PLACE A SHIP THAT IS A ORC SHIP, BRIT SHIP, TOKUNO OR GARG SHIP IT HAS TO BE ONE THAT YOU BOARD USING THE MOORING LINES. The old boats DO NOT WORK FOR THIS.

#3. TRY USING YOUR PET SUMMONING BALL BEFORE BOARDING THE SHIP USING THE MOORING LINES. just on the odd chance that the pet wandered off :)

#4. If the pet ball tells you it can't contact the pet BOARD THE SHIP USING THE MOORING LINES and the pet has a high chance of materializing from whatever void it was in. This is NOT 100%

#5. When the pet appears it is like it is a shade, you can't mount it, lore it or command it, the pet just stands there on the mooring line. DO NOT LOG OUT.

#6. Take control of the ships wheel manually and move the ship left or right one space, NO MORE THAN ONE SPACE. IE DO NOT USE A MACRO OR TYPE RIGHT OR LEFT!!!! ****THIS IS IMPORTANT**** you want to move the ship toward the pet or move the center of the shop to the pet. If you move the ship away from the pet it will slide off the boat and go POOF. ONE SPACE TOWARD THE PET the shade slides off the mooring line and becomes your normal pet again. and comes to you normally (MOST OF THE TIME) some of the time it slides and goes poof anyway 1 out of 5 in my testing did that and was just gone.

I have no idea where the pets go when they poof but after using this method closing the status bar and reopening the controlled followers will show however many slots your pet is again (Assuming you had a successful pet recovery.) I will take 5 out of 7 over ZERO ;)

I Still believe this is some kind of glitch in the auto stabling and I have not been able to figure anything that triggers it to occur that I am doing. It does seem to a higher % chance that a pet will poof with 2 clients open on the same computer or even with two or more computers with clients open on the same wireless router. Data packets getting mixed up server side? that is just a wild guess as that is well out of my area of knowledge :)

I am done testing this stuff for a while........... It is BORING AS HELL forcing your client to crash, restarting the client and hoing a pet went poof :) and forcing DC and logging back in is about as exciting as watching the grass grow. Now that I have found a reasonable way to recover pets that have gone who knows where, I am going to try actually playing now :)

Thanks. I guess you are done but, instead of the mooring thing could you run into blackthorns and get the same result? That same grey pet is what appears in the stable there.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks. I guess you are done but, instead of the mooring thing could you run into blackthorns and get the same result? That same grey pet is what appears in the stable there.
Didn't try that :)

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I trained a dread spider only to realize that for some reason poisoning is not longer working. It is 74.8 on the list but not listed in the lore and knowledge section. It will not raise and it says they poison has no effect. We need more freedom to re-customize our pets, because mistakes happen.