• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

AFK event trains are at absurd levels... GMs do nothing

Frizzman

Visitor
It would almost appear as if cheating during the event is permissible as the same afk trains are running daily 24/7. Youd think there are zero GMs today cleaning up the problems.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It would almost appear as if cheating during the event is permissible as the same afk trains are running daily 24/7. Youd think there are zero GMs today cleaning up the problems.
They unlike the common innocent player know the super secret criteria necessary to avoid the detection system
That's because the "afk trains" look to them like they are active players at the keys. Multi botting can't be stopped via any kind of dumb "afk code" they put in. That only jacks up the people who dare to sit in game in the area to run take a leak real quick... I mean those people being truly afk just sitting there is killing the game right? :rolleyes:

just another way folks show they honestly do not know much about what happens in game to be blunt.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup there's 2 on great lakes a thrower and Archer 24 7 that sit in the same spot with the orcs and move a little then back every min...

Sent from my SM-F936W using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Unfortunately, whatever AFK code that's been added has been unsuccessful - it ends up catching more legit players than it does stopping the AFK Bot Trains.

The only solution would be submitting report, tagging players and hope a GM actually shows up to deal with it. But even that... my guess here is that the GMs have been told not to issue bans or suspensions to accounts doing this out of fear of lost subscriptions. What's really needed is some middle-ground discipline measure that's harsher than a 30 minute damage time out, but not as far as a suspended account. Perhaps something along the lines of stopping the bots from getting drops for a period of days instead of less than an hour - or forcing account bound drops to players that are tagged by a GM for doing this so it hurts the income stream of the farmer. Could be any number of things - but theres got to be a better way here.

The developers are aware of what's happening - but seems clear they lack the manpower (and willpower) to forcefully address this.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately, whatever AFK code that's been added has been unsuccessful - it ends up catching more legit players than it does stopping the AFK Bot Trains.

The only solution would be submitting report, tagging players and hope a GM actually shows up to deal with it. But even that... my guess here is that the GMs have been told not to issue bans or suspensions to accounts doing this out of fear of lost subscriptions. What's really needed is some middle-ground discipline measure that's harsher than a 30 minute damage time out, but not as far as a suspended account. Perhaps something along the lines of stopping the bots from getting drops for a period of days instead of less than an hour - or forcing account bound drops to players that are tagged by a GM for doing this so it hurts the income stream of the farmer. Could be any number of things - but theres got to be a better way here.

The developers are aware of what's happening - but seems clear they lack the manpower (and willpower) to forcefully address this.
I totally agree that hitting with AFK penalties innocent Players is VERY wrong from every PoV.

What I frankly don't understand is what is the real problems with the bots-farming of the ToT Events Drops (that are an UNLIMITED Resource, not a LIMITED one as are, e.g., IDOC items, so noone risk to have less of them if somone other farm them massively), considering that the fact that they churn out a massive volume of Items (both Drops and the derivate Rewards) is de facto the ONLY thing that keeps those Items in a sensate Price Range on Vendors.

And, NO, I don't use bots, EVER.

Last edited:

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The other issue is that many people don't understand the difference between multiboxing and multiclienting. I run with a couple of throwers on auto follow and they just auto attack whatever happens to target them. There is even an official post on the UO forums about it. I still get reported constantly because people fail at reading comprehension. I agree with @SteelRust. Who cares if people bot farm these events? It's an unlimited resource. It's not like they prevent you from getting anything. I had someone from UHOH guild run up to me last night and ask for my multiboxing script. I figured I'd post it here for everyone. First you log in a couple of characters. Then you hold the alt key and click on the character you want them to follow. Yes that is sarcasm :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The other issue is that many people don't understand the difference between multiboxing and multiclienting. I run with a couple of throwers on auto follow and they just auto attack whatever happens to target them. There is even an official post on the UO forums about it. I still get reported constantly because people fail at reading comprehension. I agree with @SteelRust. Who cares if people bot farm these events? It's an unlimited resource. It's not like they prevent you from getting anything. I had someone from UHOH guild run up to me last night and ask for my multiboxing script. I figured I'd post it here for everyone. First you log in a couple of characters. Then you hold the alt key and click on the character you want them to follow. Yes that is sarcasm :)
It's very clear who is multiboxing vs multiclienting because attacking for defense (ie being targeted by a monster) versus offense is clear as day. I'll use ATL as an example.

There are trains of archers/throwers chaining AI on every target they hit as soon as the monster pops up (before it targets anything). This is clearly multiboxing. If they were to use the "self-defense" multiclient that you say you use, they wouldn't do very well as nothing is living long enough to actually target them. The only thing that might actually target them is a paragon which attacks anything that comes on the screen. Nothing else is going to target multiple chars or target them fast enough to have more than 1 thrower do something.

I haven't seen how your train works so I won't say that you are multiboxing but if you are running around with multiple throwers hitting multiple targets all spamming AI without you needing to stop your lead char then there is a very good chance you aren't being 100% truthful at what you are doing.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I totally agree that hitting with AFK penalties innocent Players is VERY wrong from every PoV.

What I frankly don't understand is what is the real problems with the bots-farming of the ToT Events Drops (that are an UNLIMITED Resource, not a LIMITED one as are, e.g., IDOC items, so noone risk to have less of them if somone other farm them massively), considering that the fact that they churn out a massive volume of Items (both Drops and the derivate Rewards) is de facto the ONLY thing that keeps those Items in a sensate Price Range on Vendors.

You don´t understand what´s wrong with AFK cheating?

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
The bigger question here is if @Stranger aka Lord of the Dance would approve of the bot conga lines...

Please add dancing to the game!

No, I'm serious!* Make it a real skill!

You could unlock a new dance move every 20 points!

0 = The Woah I'm Falling Over!

20 = The Squash The Bug

40 = The Running Man

60 = The Macarena
Sorry, picture unavailable! :thumbup1:

80 = The Robot
Use savage skin paint for the best effect!

100 = The YMCA

Imagine getting a group of 6 GM dancers to stand in a row!

And yes, it would be useful in PVM!

But seriously, it could distract monsters and lower their defense.
Or scare them and make them run away.
Or heck, make the monsters dance!
Like, imagine if you and your girlfriend just got done watching a movie at the local theater and all of a sudden a group of monsters surrounded you?
WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Or it could buff party members!
Or it could cause other players to start dancing too! This would be great during PVP! :lick:
Or you could dance for NPCs to earn gold! Don't beg, earn your gold! (Imagine the naturalists little clap/woohoo sound, LOL!)

Oh, and after we're done dancing we're going to need the ability to sit down!

Hahaha I can't draw but you get the idea!

*I am not actually serious! I mean, yes I want dancing in the game, but it doesn't have to be an actual skill or distract monsters, curse monsters, give buffs, or anything like that. I just want to be able to dance at EM events, the bank, during weddings, other special events, and in the privacy of my own home (Ala Risky Business).

As a wise woman once said, "Just dance, gonna be okay, da-da doo-doo mmm and just dance."

This post was brought to you by:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You don´t understand what´s wrong with AFK cheating?
I was speaking of MBoxing farming ToT Items, not of AFK.

Anyway, in the case of an UNLIMITED Resource? No, frankly no.

Moreover, I find a little funny the there is not marginal consensus that Sellers that ACTIVELY SCAM unaware Players "salting" the Items they sell with 10x and 100x priced ones are acceptable and in the "Spirit" of the Game (lets leave the TOS aside), but MBoxing an unlimited Resource is "Wrong"...

Last edited:

Bonly1

Visitor
The other issue is that many people don't understand the difference between multiboxing and multiclienting. I run with a couple of throwers on auto follow and they just auto attack whatever happens to target them.
This seems very disingenuous.

The vast majority of players who are running trains are actively targeting spawn. Running scripts using non OSI clients does not fall into the multi client category that is discussed in the post that you referenced as a defense for your actions. When multiple characters are following one character, they do not all "defensively" attack the same target.

@SteelRust , you are not providing a service to the population by blatantly abusing the rules. The concept that you even think that should disgust everyone, even yourself.

From what I am seeing, @Cork and @SteelRust are attempting to justify actions that both know are wrong.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This seems very disingenuous.

The vast majority of players who are running trains are actively targeting spawn. Running scripts using non OSI clients does not fall into the multi client category that is discussed in the post that you referenced as a defense for your actions. When multiple characters are following one character, they do not all "defensively" attack the same target.

@SteelRust , you are not providing a service to the population by blatantly abusing the rules. The concept that you even think that should disgust everyone, even yourself.

From what I am seeing, @Cork and @SteelRust are attempting to justify actions that both know are wrong.
So, again: DIRECTLY SCAMMING UNSUSPECTING BUYERS is ACCEPTABLE, MBoxing UNLIMITED RESOURCES isn't?

Obviously you have any right to your opinion, but, please, be so kind to avoid morality advises, thanks.

ADDENDUM - Just to be crystal clear: MBoxing is a violation of the UO ToS, so BS has any right to prosecute the Players that do it.
But is it "wrong" in the case of Unlimited Resources?
IMO, no.

Last edited:

Bonly1

Visitor
So, again: DIRECTLY SCAMMING UNSUSPECTING BUYERS is ACCEPTABLE, MBoxing UNLIMITED RESOURCES isn't?

Obviously you have any right to your opinion, but, please, be so kind to avoid morality advises, thanks.

ADDENDUM - Just to be crystal clear: MBoxing is a violation of the UO ToS, so BS has any right to prosecute the Players that do it.
But is it "wrong" in the case of Unlimited Resources?
IMO, no.
At any point, did anyone say scamming is ok? You are attempting a false equivalency.

These are not unlimited resources. They may not be limited by number, but are limited by time.

Ore is be an unlimited resource. Gold is an unlimited resource.

Based on your addendum, you are aware that this is a violation of the TOS and have chosen to justify your choices. Your next excuse would be, "everyone is doing it"?

I am quite comfortable with my "morality advises". You are in a state of denial and can excuse any action because the rules do not apply to you, IMO.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At any point, did anyone say scamming is ok? You are attempting a false equivalency.

These are not unlimited resources. They may not be limited by number, but are limited by time.

Based on your addendum, you are aware that this is a violation of the TOS and have chosen to justify your choices. Your next excuse would be, "everyone is doing it"?

I am quite comfortable with my "morality advises". You are in a state of denial and can excuse any action because the rules do not apply to you, IMO.
Maybe we should move this to unleashed since certain whiny people will be reporting anyone with an opposing view soon

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Maybe we should move this to unleashed since certain whiny people will be reporting anyone with an opposing view soon
Think i have made it obvious that this is PG11teen so let us continue! Does this mean Conga lines aren't going to get the respect they deserve? Is it a real dance? Does it need attended ppl to do said dance. Should they not gain drops while doing Conga? Is any one suspicious of @Stranger for multi boxing? Does ToS restrict the use of dance? Have you been scammed or recently questioned your or another's morality over conga dancing? The questions go on and on and I find myself wondering is "Congo" same as "Conga"? I feel I want to say Congo but Google sends me to conga... paged the GMs asked for clarification and no reply! I mean it's just blatantly obvious they are dancing with no regard to anyone and without clarification of the spelling of the dance!

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

Please:

1) "Limited by time" IMO has no sense, considering that in no way the MB Farmers subtract any unique Resource to other Players (as, e.g., happens in IDOC);
2) "illegal" (or, in this case, "not legit") is one thing, "immoral" another;
3) for the second time, please be so kind to abstain to give judgment on ME, and stick to the Topic, thanks. As I wrote, I don't do MB, ever. I simply don't find it morally wrong.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Please:

1) "Limited by time" IMO has no sense, considering that in no way the MB Farmers subtract any unique Resource to other Players (as, e.g., happens in IDOC);
2) "illegal" (or, in this case, "not legit") is one thing, "immoral" another;
3) for the second time, please be so kind to abstain to give judgment on ME, and stick to the Topic, thanks. As I wrote, I don't do MB, ever. I simply don't find it morally wrong.
If you're a real man/woman and have any shred of self respect left you would weigh in on the conga line being legit dance....
This OP was sidetracking us with a narrow point of view, when we obviously had so much bigger fish to fry and is trying to keep us away from the truth.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you're a real man/woman and have any shred of self respect left you would weigh in on the conga line being legit dance....
This OP was sidetracking us with a narrow point of view, when we obviously had so much bigger fish to fry and is trying to keep us away from the truth.
I don't dance the "Con(ga)sensus" ball, and if I had any self-respect left pro'lly I wouldn't waste my time posting about a 26 years old "niche" game... but, fair enough: "The Truth Shall Make You Fry!"... :p ;)

Last edited:

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
I don't dance the "Con(ga)sensus" ball, and if I had any self-respect left pro'lly I wouldn't waste my time posting about a 26 years old "niche" game... but, fair enough: "The Thuth Shall Make You Fry!"... :p ;)
Just cus I tried to guilt trip you into stating conga line dance status doesn't mean you have to point out we all have no self respect left... low blow bro. Low blow... *Frying *

mihali

Sage
Hard to believe there are AFKers in this event : Forest area AFK=O0000 easy, and no rate of drops. Desert area AFK= would be super low rate of drops. Snow-Spur area AFK = A super easy Ooooo, and again Ooooo, and over again, so no drops. So also I have not seen any significant AFKers, likely because the way the event is spaced. To get any drops of significance anywhere you hunt, you need most importantly:
1-The Fortune potion that costs RL $, and ALSO :
2- Run around to catch (or be caught by) mobs.
I would like to see an AFKer, come here and tell us that he/she accumulated what drops. At the same time that they risk BAN or actioning. IMO the anti-ark code is not needed, NOT FOR THIS EVENT, and because of gimpy programming is like to affect honest players. I think the event itself is anti-AFK. Its just some wannabe AFKers did not realise it. Too bad for them since they will get no significant drops.
Also I suspect that multi-bagging would be a nightmare and exercise in futility in all the 3 event areas, and not worth the effort, of controlling 2-3-4 characters at a time, and Rezing and healing etc etc.
Whatever dishonest/out of TOS/rude behaviour these sad folks may have, they will not stop me from having fun, I just ignore and ignore. Not worth spending time on being upset, angry etc.

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well the problem is that the bots run around in the area, where I and the people I play with, get the most items, well its probably best area at all, the lady of the snow ice area. I can be fast killing, but they can all the time. So they come hitting the monsters you aiming for, dragging paragons you fight away from you or bring a heavy load of them towards you and they often switch target to you, bringing you in serious danger. They bring paragons i like to fight outside of the ice area, where I would have to search for them. So I could kill more monsters, would have less trouble and would die less without those bots running around. Today there were 7 bots running around this area, normally there is an average of 4-5. One day we got a call that one bot is running around in the desert area only hitting none paragons and dragging the rest arond the area, so we had a look and he had 20-30 paragons following him, so a lot of people couldnt really fight there until we killed those. And thats on a small shard like Drachenfels. I wonder how much worse it is on more popular shards.

So as a result, yeah bot farming is a real problem, because everyone else gets less drops there or by moving to a less good area. And if there is no punishment given soon, it will get worse and worse in the future.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And if there is no punishment given soon, it will get worse and worse in the future.
Everything is shard bound. Either they are selling the drops below market price, they live there, or they will do nothing with them.

Why not get your items somewhere else? Beetlescape has plenty of spawn and respawns quickly.

mihali

Sage
Well the problem is that the bots run around in the area, where I and the people I play with, get the most items, well its probably best area at all, the lady of the snow ice area. I can be fast killing, but they can all the time. So they come hitting the monsters you aiming for, dragging paragons you fight away from you or bring a heavy load of them towards you and they often switch target to you, bringing you in serious danger. They bring paragons i like to fight outside of the ice area, where I would have to search for them. So I could kill more monsters, would have less trouble and would die less without those bots running around. Today there were 7 bots running around this area, normally there is an average of 4-5. One day we got a call that one bot is running around in the desert area only hitting none paragons and dragging the rest arond the area, so we had a look and he had 20-30 paragons following him, so a lot of people couldnt really fight there until we killed those. And thats on a small shard like Drachenfels. I wonder how much worse it is on more popular shards.

So as a result, yeah bot farming is a real problem, because everyone else gets less drops there or by moving to a less good area. And if there is no punishment given soon, it will get worse and worse in the future.
Are you sure that these are bots? Really hard to believe that they can be unattended and last a few seconds in the ice area, of the bots to have the intelligence built in to play like a regular player! The reason is that there are unpredictable things that happen, spawn changes and paragons target you and the bot dies etc, then need to rez. Those bots are likely sampires that cannot handle the paragons. How can you tell they are unattended bots? You say that the bots can "recognize and avoid paragons? And specific paragons at that?

knagisa5

Visitor
Some definitely are bots. I was the only one casting Rising Colossus in the snow area when I was farming that area and if there are no enemies nearby, the train will stand beside the Rising Colossus for the entire duration and not move because I guess they are set to target hostiles but can't attack it. It was amusing to see the first time around so I chained one after another to see how long it'll last. The area re-spawns quickly enough though so it didn't last very long until other targets started popping up. Plus I don't really care so I just went back to farming my own stuff.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only solution would be submitting report, tagging players and hope a GM actually shows up to deal with it.
This has always been the single most greatest possible way to impact the AFK players.

The actual problem with this method is that there isn't staff on to verify the AFK activity at the time it is caught.

If there was somehow an automatic system in place that can handle player reports, tag someone who is playing AFK, then do a check - that would be a step in a positive direction.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything is shard bound. Either they are selling the drops below market price, they live there, or they will do nothing with them.

Why not get your items somewhere else? Beetlescape has plenty of spawn and respawns quickly.
Don't believe those are the only 2 ways. Sorry

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Where's Beetlescape - the east coast? I have a Beetle tali and a Beetle slayer spell book I could use...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where's Beetlescape - the east coast? I have a Beetle tali and a Beetle slayer spell book I could use...

It's in the red square NW? A healer at the Dojo and one near the mages.

I use a fire undead weapon and the tali. You can make a loop in the clearings. You can drag dragons away so you just have beetles as the main things, plus the easy spawn, including undead walking around. There are probably ships on the coast, find the public ones for regrouping yourself.

Takes some time to get used to the area. Archers work great there. I run with EoO on beetles so you don't want to run up on dragons without turning it off. That's why I move them away.

The respawn is fast so you can stay near the coast.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This thread is so off. The AFK is a non issue honestly. It's the MULTIBOXING that allows ONE person to control several chars at once that is the issue. And don't come at me with they are all "following" because you and I both know it's BS.

Ivonna Seasmore

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you can always do like others in Game, use a script along with Now Follow button.......Those are the Greedy ones that are taking all the kills in this Event. And I am sick of it, so if it isn't stopped I might have to learn how to script like the others in game.. I don't care what it's called....it's not fair to the rest of the players...multi boxing or multi clienting.....IT'S NOT FAIR and nothing will be DONE...and then people wonder why others quit playing UO..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or you can always do like others in Game, use a script along with Now Follow button.......Those are the Greedy ones that are taking all the kills in this Event. And I am sick of it, so if it isn't stopped I might have to learn how to script like the others in game.. I don't care what it's called....it's not fair to the rest of the players...multi boxing or multi clienting.....IT'S NOT FAIR and nothing will be DONE...and then people wonder why others quit playing UO..
I have lost 0 kills in this event and I just use CC with noting else. Seems like a lot of un warranted fear mongering here.

Grugot

Journeyman

If you have bots farming that kinda destroys the market for those that wish to farm for real and then sell. A massive dump into the market of event items causes prices to drop. Eventually they go back up if the user base is high enough to go through the overstocked market, but that is a big "if"

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Easy solution, block EJ accounts from participating in the loot table or event areas as a whole.

If someone wants to pay for 5 accounts to auto follow them, that's fine by me.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Build a bot army, the development team has indicated its ok.

Stop complaining and win, if you want to.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Easy solution, block EJ accounts from participating in the loot table or event areas as a whole.

If someone wants to pay for 5 accounts to auto follow them, that's fine by me.
I thought that is what the next patch is supposed to do. Limit 1 EJ per IP, but still allow infinite paid accounts per IP

I supposed it might stop massive ej bot farming in other areas, but they’ve already made event drops like these account bound for EJ.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
If you have bots farming that kinda destroys the market for those that wish to farm for real and then sell. A massive dump into the market of event items causes prices to drop. Eventually they go back up if the user base is high enough to go through the overstocked market, but that is a big "if"
Absolutely true, and this, from the PoV of Buyers is REALLY good, considering that the stupid Shard Bounding of the ToT Drops has, as its unique market effect, brought an inflactionary spike of 3x/5x in the initial Drops prices on Vendors.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see tons of opinions on what should be OK and what shouldn't be etc.

I don't see many people expressing how they are effected.

Over 30 years of playing mmorpgs one thing I've come to realize as I got older is that comparing yourself to other players doesn't really get anywhere. There will always be people who put in more or less time, effort and money into a game than you. As far as competition goes, there is PVP for that.

What I'd like to know is - How are you (the single account holders) directly effected by people who are farming these areas with multiple accounts. Are there not enough mobs to go around?

The only argument I can think of is that the items being farmed become less valuable because the market gets flooded with them, however each of those items will still hold the same value.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Over 30 years of playing mmorpgs one thing I've come to realize as I got older is that comparing yourself to other players doesn't really get anywhere. There will always be people who put in more or less time, effort and money into a game than you.
Exactly! Then add in players who know every game mechanic and have better button pushing skills and faster reflexes.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I see tons of opinions on what should be OK and what shouldn't be etc.

I don't see many people expressing how they are effected.

Over 30 years of playing mmorpgs one thing I've come to realize as I got older is that comparing yourself to other players doesn't really get anywhere. There will always be people who put in more or less time, effort and money into a game than you. As far as competition goes, there is PVP for that.

What I'd like to know is - How are you (the single account holders) directly effected by people who are farming these areas with multiple accounts. Are there not enough mobs to go around?

The only argument I can think of is that the items being farmed become less valuable because the market gets flooded with them, however each of those items will still hold the same value.
As a "pure" Armor Sets Deco Collector & Buyer, any reduction in prices is OK for me.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
As a rule of thumb I try to farm fast early and sell as much as I can. Then wait to buy things back near the event end.

I’ll also store up pieces that flood the market but will likely become sought after in a year. (Didn’t work out so well with the yuki earrings. Might have worked with mark of destroyer and that vine sash)

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Full nuclear option would be to make all the drops and rewards account bound. People get what they want and move on.

Fwiw, I don't participate in these sorts of events for various reasons. Last time I bothered was the first run of tot after release.