[Selling] Addie Doll, book and bag that came with it, and Addie Painting

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Dread Pirate Robert

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 12, 2009
Taking offers for the set of Addie Doll, book and bag that came with it, and the Addie Painting from recent event. If you need a picture of any items, let me know and can post here.

O

Oaka

I'll bid 500 mil.

I got your pm. I'll message you after work unless I break out the laptop.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 16, 2007
Sosaria
I am interested in the items as well please post pictures etc.

Dread Pirate Robert

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 12, 2009
Well, painting pic didn't turn out like I thought it would. If you want a better shot of it with description let me know, but plenty on the other posts on Rares Collector as well.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Toad Town
Unfortunately, when Dread was unlocking his Addie doll, a stealth by the name of Whisperer who was camping his house for days had snagged it. Stay clear of this thief if you ever encounter him.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 3, 2008
Unfortunately, when Dread was unlocking his Addie doll, a stealth by the name of Whisperer who was camping his house for days had snagged it. Stay clear of this thief if you ever encounter him.
HAHAHA Thats EPIC....

I remember seeing the picture one of you toad town posted of it locked down on the door step of one of your houses, if your gona be so dumb to lock it down on the door step in a public house then you gota expect someone to write a script to stand outside trying to pick it up till the owner releases it ROFLMFAO.

I remember seeing the picture here and then the doll when i went to the last auction and thinking... Damn there advertising they wana get robbed!

Thunderz

Dread Pirate Robert

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 12, 2009
Yep, epic blunder of the ages. Thankfully, have the second one for sale still... At least I have the bag and book from that one as a memento of what NOT to do in the future, lol...

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 3, 2008
I just had "Lubwig Beethoven" try doing it to me, someone at the bank asked to see my painting im spamming selling, went home to unlock it, did detect hidden and he was stood there waiting to steal it ROFL.

Im glad you posted as iv become quite placent but not now its happened to donnar and you in like 2 weeks.

Looks like since that guy [cant remember name] sparted posting about hidding and taking items for "taxes" on uohall everyone is trying to do it. Or its him again lol. Be carefull.

Thunderz

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 16, 2007
Sosaria
ill start the bidding at 200 Mill for the extra addie doll!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
I just had "Lubwig Beethoven" try doing it to me, someone at the bank asked to see my painting im spamming selling, went home to unlock it, did detect hidden and he was stood there waiting to steal it ROFL.

Im glad you posted as iv become quite placent but not now its happened to donnar and you in like 2 weeks.

Looks like since that guy [cant remember name] sparted posting about hidding and taking items for "taxes" on uohall everyone is trying to do it. Or its him again lol. Be carefull.

Thunderz
Been busy irl. I've heard of TONS of copy cats. These inept posers tend to be unscrupulous and greedy. Most of them get on another name and make offers for ridiculously rare items that nobody would just be spamming for.

The King of Thieves does it with class, no lure, no bait. :p But yea. Be careful with folks that will spam for something so rare. They are usually pretty transparently trying to take your stuff. They'll make silly huge offers, or will only make a minor half hearted attempt to bargain.

Dread Pirate Robert

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 12, 2009
High bid is at 500M, had an offer of 525, but haven't heard back from them. I believe the owner will be trying to sell before this weekend.

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
Toad Town
Remember bidders, this is a rare & unique 1 out of 10 item that can be related to the Mesanna Doll (subtracting the speaking proc), and it also obtains a unique hue. Atlantic items for the win!

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 23, 2008
Southern Ontario, Canada
Sadly, here's no way I can afford to buy it... But if possible I would love an inscribed copy of the book for my collection :)

E

Evil_Wear

Dread Pirate Robert was kind enough to try and sell these items for me, but his real life is pretty busy at the moment so I will be taking over the sale. Please excuse this being my first post count, as I always lurk these forums, just stay away from posting.

Anywho, that being said I have and would like to still sell the Painting, and the Addie Doll (Complete with book and bag it came in).

We can discuss the details of the transaction over PM or ICQ, whichever is easier for the buyer. My ICQ is 334039568.

I took these pictures earlier this evening of the items earlier this evening, if you need anymore (of the writing in the book or whatever else) please feel free to post here and I will add them post-haste.

Addie Pic 1
Addie Pic 2
Addie Pic 3
Addie Pic 4

Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to talking with anyone interested very soon.

Oh! Almost forgot, Lady Faeryl, please hit me up on ICQ or in PM and I will be more than happy to inscribe a copy of the book for you.

E

Evil_Wear

So, the doll is no longer in my possession. I for the first time in UO got scammed.
Basically the guy I guilded tonight was not who he said he was. I got an offer in General Chat about the doll, so I went to talk with him. When I get to the location (Jhelom Gate Tram), the guy who I guilded earlier, pops out of nowhere and before I knew it, he had stolen the doll.
Long story short, some people will take anyone's kindness and turn it around on their ear. Please do not buy the doll without the bag and the book, and be very careful if you decide to sell it.
Peace

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aug 30, 2009
So, the doll is no longer in my possession. I for the first time in UO got scammed.
Basically the guy I guilded tonight was not who he said he was. I got an offer in General Chat about the doll, so I went to talk with him. When I get to the location (Jhelom Gate Tram), the guy who I guilded earlier, pops out of nowhere and before I knew it, he had stolen the doll.
Long story short, some people will take anyone's kindness and turn it around on their ear. Please do not buy the doll without the bag and the book, and be very careful if you decide to sell it.
Peace
Damn that sucks :( I was still holding out hope that youd reconsider my offer

E

Evil_Wear

It is, what it is. I only got scammed out of pixels, they (or he/she) still have to look at themselves in the mirror and realized they got scammed out of a life. Take that for what it is too, not trash talk, or anything like that. I just hope that maybe one day, they'll figure it out. Treat people how you would like to be treated.

Anywho... off to bed!

Night!

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Apr 29, 2009
Under Ur Bed!
Ouch, sorry for the loss. Guess this thread has a few lessons to be learned in it and hopefully anyone that reads this that didnt know this stuff could happen will now. I for one do my trades/deals usually with a character not guilded due to these situations as there are many untrustworthy people out there that try and take advantage of good people. Also of course follow the "guide to safe trading" stickied above.

E

Evil_Wear

I definitely agree. The dudes plan worked, and I know he reads the forums so I really hope that I am not the only one who learns the lesson. I will keep expecting the best out of people, hopefully he will one day realize that he doesn't have to be a worthless drain on society or in a community.

Here's to hoping!
Cheers!

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 16, 2009
Denver CO
Reading this thread I can't help but wonder, How the hell did Dread and Evil manage to get both of these dolls stolen from them? OMG, I can't help but shake my head.