• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Add Passive Detect to Siege

Do you support passive detect?

• Total voters

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pot + Kettle = Draxous

That's pretty funny considering you MIGHT have a active account but only log into SP once a month...even people that was in your guild can verify that...not to mention when you was the guildleader of ^S^ how long did that last for till Forsaken had to pick up the slack ( 3 weeks tops??) of you never being on and become guildleader...

You have always worried more about ATL and even played ATL more to my understanding so why are you so worried about what happens on SP?
QFT

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As i posted earlier http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-siege-perilous/211931-passive-detect-changes.html Me thinks 35.38% isn't a majority. /thread
Poll options 2 and 3 are of no importance because we ALL know that the devs won't adapt stealth to the siege ruleset so that's a comical poll to begin with...maybe
(yes) should have had three more options to it :lol: ...see your wanting to group in three different yes options into yes when those three yes options had very different meanings...it was a epic fail on polls...next time make sure the no option has three different meanings too...it's hard to understand why the devs don't take these forums seriously when you got polls that are just laughable...

F

Førsaken

Learn to use the skills to counter Stealth. We are tired of YOUR crying.

BFF = biggest collective group of legendary crybabies this shard has ever seen! Whaaaaah, nerf stealthers, Whaaaaaah, nerf smoke bombs, Whaaaaaaah, make it so people can't run in the house, Whaaaaaaah, we were outnumbered, Whaaaaaaaah why you gotta use pets, Whaaaaaaaah, nerf tamers, Whaaaaah nerf pet balls and make tamers use their siege bless to bless their pets, Whaaaaaah nerf dismounters, Whaaaaaah, I don't wanna farm, Whaaaaaaaaah, make my armor cheaper! Whaaaaaah, whaaaaaaah, whaaaaaaah!!!

If you're the best pvper's on the shard, you shouldn't need so much help from the devs.
Lol funny but true.
Let me just start off by saying; You're both very bad PvP'ers. Secondly, I personally don't care if passive detect is implemented or not. Would I want it? Yes. Do I know how it works and how NOT nerfed stealth is on prodo shards? Yes.

I own face on prodo/test center with a stealth bok and it is because smoke bombs and such allow me to rarely die to ganks. Ru, I'm sorry, you're nothing great and would never beat me on a mirror'd stealth template. Sure, you can beat the mediocre players with a zomg tracking ds'er or ns/ds'er, but that should honestly be an easy mode-rollyourfaceoverkeyboard template for even the likes of Cheapsuit or Kat. Sadly, it isn't, because we just have a shard full of bad players.

Ultimately, the stealther either wants to fight or pancake out and hit the 'easy button' and that's up to them...I certainly hit it when being dismount ganked or just severely ganked in general. Too bad that isn't the case on this server, majority of our stealthers smoke bomb 1v1 and will either wait for the gank squad, or leave.

p.s. WHAAAAAAH now back to changes that matter...Like my list.

B

Black magick

Poll options 2 and 3 are of no importance because we ALL know that the devs won't adapt stealth to the siege ruleset so that's a comical poll to begin with...maybe
(yes) should have had three more options to it :lol: ...see your wanting to group in three different yes options into yes when those three yes options had very different meanings...it was a epic fail on polls...next time make sure the no option has three different meanings too...it's hard to understand why the devs don't take these forums seriously when you got polls that are just laughable...
A yes is a yes, no matter what's attached I'm still correct in that those who want nothing done are a minority. However, I do agree that we need a poll with a straight up yes or no.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me just start off by saying; You're both very bad PvP'ers.
How does this matter? This shard isn't strictly about pvp, much as you'd like it to be.

Methinks you just had to get that insult in there, massage your ego a bit. Attitudes like yours, BR's, Elmer's, et. al. are what drive people away from this shard.

/thread

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A yes is a yes, no matter what's attached I'm still correct in that those who want nothing done are a minority. However, I do agree that we need a poll with a straight up yes or no.
In this thread, the nays have it. Oops, someone voted...

total yea = 17
total nay = 17

neither a majority or minority here, but the thread is young.

Previous thread you linked to...

total yea = 28
total nay = 37

again...maybe im using the formula wrong...enlighten me.

H

Hugibear

How does this matter? This shard isn't strictly about pvp, much as you'd like it to be.

/thread
It matters because this shard lost most of its pvpers. There are still alot of role players, farmers, and what nots. The pvpers are the consumers, when they leave then it effects everyone.

And to quote Critical Gaming
"BR, you knew you were starting a **** storm when you made this thread aiming at the very people you know will disagree with you. I'm almost positive you get a boner from arguing with *******."

B

Black magick

total yea = 17
total nay = 17

total yea = 28
total nay = 37

14 of your "total nay" count are for passive detect, but if it's adapted to siege.

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
14 of your "total nay" count are for passive detect, but if it's adapted to siege.
And for ****s and giggles i'm gonna ask you this...

Do you think the devs will adapt stealth to SP honestly??

And if they don't and just try to throw passive detect on sp what are those voters voting now?

This poll was dumb and was not thought out very well...

B

Black magick

hell no they won't. Which is why I agreed that we need a straight up yes or no poll.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Works both ways, if a yes is a yes, a no is a no, no matter what's attached.

The subject matter as it's been discussed most recently has been "prod shard PD" or "no prod shard PD"

As it stands, the majority *do not* want prod style passive detect...

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

total yea = 17
total nay = 17

total yea = 28
total nay = 37

Can you imagine the work involved in just trying to get people to agree to what is the "Siege" adaption lol

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me just start off by saying; You're both very bad PvP'ers.
How does this matter?
It matters when people who are horrible at this game are talking like they're experts on it.

I'm sure Steven Hawking usually considers people who are horrible at quantum physics for input on space and time.

Only in your world...

PS. A majority clearly wants something done about hiding/stealth. I'm sure that won't stop you or the other doofs in this thread trying to derail this change from posting more misinformation though.

PPS. An empty shard looking even more barren because the handful left are mostly invisible drives players away. An empty shard with naked stealth tamers, invisible gank squads and tons of other broken crap drives players away.

My attitude doesn't drive anyone away. My attitude is shared by those who have left, leaving or want to leave unless this shard changes. This broken shard is what drives people away. This community is why this shard is broken.

You love my style.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It matters when people who are horrible at this game are talking like they're experts on it.

I'm sure Steven Hawking usually considers people who are horrible at quantum physics for input on space and time.

Only in your world...

PS. A majority clearly wants something done about hiding/stealth. I'm sure that won't stop you or the other doofs in this thread trying to derail this change from posting more misinformation though.

PPS. An empty shard looking even more barren because the handful left are mostly invisible drives players away. An empty shard with naked stealth tamers, invisible gank squads and tons of other broken crap drives players away.

My attitude doesn't drive anyone away. My attitude is shared by those who have left, leaving or want to leave unless this shard changes. This broken shard is what drives people away. This community is why this shard is broken.

You love my style.
Seriously how do you run such a spin-job without getting dizzy?

Is it genetic?

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering that a ton of people that actually play Siege (and not just visit the forums) don't post or even visit Stratics...this post for far shows this:

17 people who wish no changes at all
10 people that wish to copy production rules on passive detect
8 people that are thinking a change to passive would be good....IF it could possibilly be tailored to Siege rules...whatever those Siege rules might be.

Clearly not the overwhelming majority...or even straight up majority...thus next topic for drama 101

Smoke Bombs!!

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We already had that in BR's first poll and the No's dominated nearly 2 to 1.

Beli Mawr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm... I have 8 active accounts, four with stealth four without.

Been here ten plus years, on SP.

pvp in the early days. vendored in the recent past, now just play fo the fun of it.(mine)

Decent pk's don't seem to have a problem getting me.

Those pk's that run around like a chicken with his head cut off, never find me. an I have 220 points of my skill invested in it.

I vote no to any changes to stealth on all 8 accounts of mine.

Have a nice day.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's both sad and stupid is the very ones (BFF) who ruined our shard with their faction arty hoarding, trashing, selling back to *only* friends are the first ones to abandon our shard after screwing it up. They screw things up by making sure they're the only ones wearing the superman suits then cry cuz they have no one to fight against. You win UO! Now how fun was your victory really?

Oh that's right give us better monster loot so you guys can have better loot after someone dies to you. Another suggestion to benefit yourselves only. *shakes head*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's both sad and stupid is the very ones (BFF) who ruined our shard with their faction arty hoarding, trashing, selling back to *only* friends are the first ones to abandon our shard after screwing it up. They screw things up by making sure they're the only ones wearing the superman suits then cry cuz they have no one to fight against. You win UO! Now how fun was your victory really?

Oh that's right give us better monster loot so you guys can have better loot after someone dies to you. Another suggestion to benefit yourselves only. *shakes head*
I can't say that I disagree with anything you've said here, Cheapy.

H

Hugibear

Ya you ladies are correct it is the fact that I pwned all your faces and yall rage logged. That isnt my fault, people shouldnt have been wearing what they couldnt afford to lose. This is siege the hard shard, I kill you I loot you. It is your fault for dieing.
I personally think it the fault of the devs, and anyone with a brain cell will agree. The devs neglect is why this shard is so dead. The shard is broken, and you guys dont want to change anything. I havent heard one good idea from anyone in this thread to get people back here. Why not focus your efforts on getting people back here and not shootin other people down. Oh I know that would be more difficult and you scrubs dont want a challenge. You two will now pick a line or two from this post and hammer me for it while ignoring what you want to ignore.

S

Sunchicken

Personally I don't have an opinion on stealth. I don't feel qualified to give one. Most of "the people I associate with" seem to have no opinion either. I am saying that passive detect issue has the shard hopelessly divided and you should concentrate on something else, like smoke bombs.

As for your throwing the toys out of the pram routine, while I and many others have expressed views on faction, faction items or other things, I'm not pushing for any changes here because it is something that would be equally unpopular with a good portion of the community. Further, the changes to things like faction items were suggestions at trying to assist your side of the player base (PvPers) to get more action going by levelling the playing field a bit.

But the sad truth is that the Devs have no intention of giving us any time. Furthermore, even if your stealth change went in it would almost certainly do little to revive Siege. The population has reached the tipping point where there are too few players to encourage new players (hardly any vendors, no PvP action, etc) and returning players find a dead shard. In all probability, only a concerted effort by the Devs in making a few changes and promoting Siege has any hope of bringing it back from the brink.

This is true.

Honestly i dont see how anyone could argue that hide stealth is not overpowered when you get full benifits with 80% skill devoted to said combo.

Im tired of pushing my side because like the poster said its come to the point were it doesnt matter one way or the other.

Ill just log in make a round in siege wont see anyone. Log out.
Log on diffrent server. Between Atl and Gl there is always a fight i can get involved in.

I hope yall get it straightend out.

E

Elmer Fudd

I can't say that I disagree with anything you've said here, Cheapy.
So here it is....the truth finally comes out...it may have taken a while, but it came out...Whahh...BFF is better then us and we cant beat or compete with them....dont let them take the only thing that we can survive on...our precious Stealth Smoke Bomb Easy button....or we will die faster...Whahh:sad2::sad2::sad2:

I cant believe they actually posted this...We wrecked the sahrd>>>>LMAO...omg you two need to to be voted the leaders of our fan club...lol

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We all know its overpowered for skill investment. But it opens up templates to have it low. And those who run thier template with 75, wont want to have to sacrifice. So if we drop passive detect, and boost detect via two avenus.

Increase its success rate, and give it a broader range on tiles (IE be withing 2 tiles, any direction from person, and poof).

Make it so they cant instantly go poof again.

If you want to keep the insta poof after reveal, fine. Then lower the timer to 5s (half of hide).

Now Kat is gonna come on, and say its 6, but I cant get that to work unless I preload the skill. Ill keep testing.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI Cheapsuit ran both 120 and 80 stealth, the only reason why he's running 80 now is because I accidentally deleted my 120 stealth stone. So I'm not trying to exploit stealth benefit from low skill, I just don't feel like that ROT crap all over again.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We all know its overpowered for skill investment. But it opens up templates to have it low. And those who run thier template with 75, wont want to have to sacrifice. So if we drop passive detect, and boost detect via two avenus.

Increase its success rate, and give it a broader range on tiles (IE be withing 2 tiles, any direction from person, and poof).

Make it so they cant instantly go poof again.

If you want to keep the insta poof after reveal, fine. Then lower the timer to 5s (half of hide).

Now Kat is gonna come on, and say its 6, but I cant get that to work unless I preload the skill. Ill keep testing.
Oh for cryin' out loud. Set up a UO macro. Use Skill - Detect Hidden - Set to a hot key. Press hot key, target ground and 6 seconds later you can target again.

What you are doing is simply "activating" the skill to get the crosshair, but not using it, which causes a 10 second delay before you can "activate" the skill again. Consider it a penalty for failing to use the target or mistargeting. You simply cannot "precast" detect and run around until you decide to target something, like you might do with a flamestrike.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk about your mission impossible getting folks to agree about stealth/passive detect or some new revealing stealthers skillz yet to come down the UO pike some yr.

So... here ya go passively detect this !!!

[youtube]IEj0Cz1wm9Q[/youtube]

:) My Queen 'Zen' here, has 105 stealth +gm ninj. skills, never uses smoke bombs. I worked hard for her skills. I don't pvp, I probably could [ if I was in the mood to pvp again.]

My guild title for Queen Zen here on Siege is " SILENT MOTION " & trust me it is very hard for me to move slowly & 'silently.'

Some of us just respect the time honored rl artists of the rl ninj. skills and made our SA chrs. toons, to kinda fit that expansion !

One of 4 of my chrs, here is a stealther, if ya wanna find her, do what some of the others have done, to 'reveal' her, to pk her, lol.

The really talented folks here on Siege, DO reveal my chr from time to time though.

It is only then, I see the words..."YOU have been revealed !" :) OoOOOoo

[youtube]Kx9ZS4j-tdw[/youtube]

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW, on Atlantic I only have the 20 human detect, and I never passively reveal anyone. I run right the hell over them and get the invisible message.

So either they're running higher stealth, or you don't have passive detect without actually having detecting hidden.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if this 3 week 10k post debate was all over misinformation?

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, i have something more important that is ten times more alarming...has anyone noticed that Draxous is starting to type just like QueenZen??

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell, i have something more important that is ten times more alarming...has anyone noticed that Draxous is starting to type just like QueenZen??
LOL

Maybe, he is my long lost talkative adopted foster, son.

We tossed him out of the home, and shipped him back to an orphanage in felucca when he was just a wee lad, cuz he was a tad egotistical, & he kept shouting walls of text to everyone, saying...'you like my style, whilst cussin' & flippin everyone, everywhere, the bird'.

Twas nothing we could do any longer for the lad..cept for us to give up and return him to some orphanage on ATL.

We haven't seen him since we kicked him out at age 9. He was truely an unruley child.:sad4:

rolleyes:

:grouphug::lol: