• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration - Ongoing Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hello Rumpy,
I think in your case the first thing you would want to do would be to get the e-mail associated with the account back to an e-mail address that you have access too. In order to do that you will need to send an e-mail to [email protected] or use the contact us form on uo.com and select the account/ billing category. In the e-mail you want to include details regarding the account including the e-mail address it is currently linked to. The list bellow contains all the info you should include so they can verify account ownership.
Name of the account:
First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account:
Any codes activated on the account:
Any character names found on the account:
Phone number on the account:
Secret Word:
After they verify account ownership they should be able to change the e-mail address for you. If you run into any issues, send me a PM.

Last edited:

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have several accounts I'm trying to retrieve. The passwords are going to an old work email address and I tried calling EA but was on hold for eons. I just want to reactivate these accounts! Please help! The new system has been such an absolute nightmare. It took me an entire day to figure out how to get my other accounts added under the "master" account. Now its declining a perfectly good credit card. Frustration does not begin to describe this mess. Why change something that wasn't broke in the first place? Gah!!!!

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is your account currently active? No. Looking to reactivate account.

What is the given cause of your problem? EAMythic master password rejected. Attempted to change password a number of times to find that no reply emails are getting back to me.Not even in my spam folder.

What steps have you taken to address the problem? Attempted to change password. The password that I know to be the right one is rejected by the account management page.

If you rang EA please give the contact number that you dialed? ~~

Did you get the name of the person you spoke to? ~~

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hey folks,

Hope this is the right thread for this. I can now be bothered to deal with a minor issue, hoping there is an easy fix.

I have two accounts that have existed for at least a few years. They are both active (subscriptions running) and I'd like to link them both under my Master Account. My main UO account is tied to my Master Account, but my secondary UO account I can't seem to Link. I know the User/Password to play on that account in the UO Client, but that same information doesn't seem to be correct for linking it (Get a password error).

I can see this other secondary account listedon the Link page though. I suspect I should not specify the name of the account out loud, but I do recognise the name displayed... albeit it's not what I would have expected - in other words, it's not AT ALL the same name I use to login with on the UO Client to play.

So I'm kinda confused, and not sure how to fix it :/

I welcome a PM or post response from any Staff here that can assist :) Thanks!

~ Izzy

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to let others who may find themselves in the same position know... Recently my renewal came up. Dropixel was very kind to offer advice and help w/ the new account management & even PMed me to help get things straight:) . Usually I just call EA/UO by phone but I wanted to try to figure out this new system.

Managed to get passwords and info set up on Wednesday:thumbup1: . Thursday after class I logged onto Origin.com's UOStore to purchase 6months. Spent over an hour typing and retyping info, kept saying my card info was wrongo_O . Tried 3 different cards. No where does it say that the store is closed or no longer does game transactions... it just says your card info is wrong. Thats helpful right?:wall:

Now I go to the new account info page and look around. Wow ! Right there is the option to purchase game time - GREAT ! I enter my info & after a few error messages it finally accepts payment and even shows right on the site that my game time is credited. Awesome - done!:danceb:

I'm not so naive as to think this is going to work. Friday comes and I'm going to CALL EA/UO ON THE PHONE just to make sure my account is safe since its set to expire over the weekend. UO/EA hours for customer service DOES NOT EXTEND OVER WEEKENDS. (650-628-1001)

I call Friday afternoon and sure enough the very nice gentleman on the phone tells me even tho the website shows credit for 6mons... the charge didn't go through. Even tho it plainly says on the website my account is fine/safe... it WOULD have expired over the weekend had I not called :eek: . The polite gentleman walks me through the steps that I had done the prior day to get game time and...... nothing. "I don't understand but its not showing... even tho the website says your fine there is no charge going through. Lets try again." The second time around he says "Ok, now its showing. That must have done it."

I check my Credit Card statement - double billed :cursing: . Look on the website and it shows the 2nd billing for 6months to take effect directly after the 1st billing ends. I did not intend on paying for a year but if this keeps me from having to deal with your billing system for 12mons I consider it a blessing. I would recommend that everyone CALL the phone number (when dealing with renewals) to make sure things are right or you just may lose your account. That's been my experience, thanks....

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to let others who may find themselves in the same position know... I would recommend that everyone CALL the phone number (when dealing with renewals) to make sure things are right or you just may lose your account. That's been my experience, thanks....
Mine wasn't a similar problem. My accounts were closed without notification. I had the accounts set up to automatically pay from CC. Yet .. they didn't auto-pay and as a result, no billing information. Luckily I wrote about the problem in UHall and someone got it fixed. It pays to pay attention to good advice like to keep checking your accounts and their status to make sure they are getting paid and that the billing information hasn't been removed.

As did so many, a friend lost every thing after 15 years of hard work. All her accounts were closed and billing information removed without notification during the early migration of accounts. EA didn't send her any E-mails warning her that she needed to link her accounts to BioMystic. She assumed all was well and automatically paid as done for 15 years. She won't come back to UO. *sigh*

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dropixel, I just got off the phone with a CS rep who is a real asset to the dept. After getting a call back this morning which amounted to 'can't help ya, here is ea's email address' response and getting no where with that I decided to send another message asking for a call back referring to previous issue.
The gentleman that called me back saw where the issue was and knew what had to be done to fix it. And thanks to that God of a man I am not going to lose the plants that I've tended every single day on Magincia for almost two years now. If this had to wait till Monday they would have died. I know it seems like small beans but two years worth of daily going down the drain would have made me a tad grouchy. Which makes my husband grouchy. Then I get grouchy in game and that makes others grouchy. Then their families get grouchy etc. So just think of all the people that are going to have a good weekend due to the man who called me back this afternoon.
Give that man a big wet one for me. :heart:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
For those who are having trouble this page contains links to the UOHerald guides on the account management and also detailed information on how to change/remove your credit card information.

Account Management
I followed the instructions contained in the above link [I wanted to remove info on an old, long-expired credit card]. However, the page that let's you edit account info is gone!

My account was inactivated, according to the email I received, because my credit card was declined. I went into account management and immediately re-subscribed, at which time I saw that an old expired card was still in my account info. I need to remove the old info because I'm sure they goofed and tried to use my expired card, instead of my current card, to renew my account. [When I contacted my bank, they were clueless... said they checked my present credit card account and could not find any evidence of any charge being declined.]

I really want to remove the old credit card info so that this won't happen again. Since the page I need is no longer available, how can I edit my account information?

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I followed the instructions contained in the above link [I wanted to remove info on an old, long-expired credit card]. However, the page that let's you edit account info is gone!

My account was inactivated, according to the email I received, because my credit card was declined. I went into account management and immediately re-subscribed, at which time I saw that an old expired card was still in my account info. I need to remove the old info because I'm sure they goofed and tried to use my expired card, instead of my current card, to renew my account. [When I contacted my bank, they were clueless... said they checked my present credit card account and could not find any evidence of any charge being declined.]

I really want to remove the old credit card info so that this won't happen again. Since the page I need is no longer available, how can I edit my account information?
bump

Anvira

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sooooo aggrivated...Every time i try to log in it errors out, then locks my account. Then i try and reset the password, error again. Then it takes days to get to the f&*&(*&& thing to work....Am I the only one that's having this issue?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Rumpy,
I think in your case the first thing you would want to do would be to get the e-mail associated with the account back to an e-mail address that you have access too. In order to do that you will need to send an e-mail to [email protected] or use the contact us form on uo.com and select the account/ billing category. In the e-mail you want to include details regarding the account including the e-mail address it is currently linked to. The list bellow contains all the info you should include so they can verify account ownership.
Name of the account:
First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account:
Any codes activated on the account:
Any character names found on the account:
Phone number on the account:
Secret Word:
After they verify account ownership they should be able to change the e-mail address for you. If you run into any issues, send me a PM.
My computer had Fatal Failure .. motherboard. Nothing could be recovered from the harddrive. Another one of those 3 year warrantees that ran out right after the disaster. Now I have serious problems with the game. I checked the UO ACCOUNTS last month using my son's lap top AND ALL MY ACCOUNTS WERE OKAY AND PAID FOR.

TONIGHT i BORROWED MY SON'S LAP TOP TO CHECK MY ACCOUNTS WITH UO AND ... HORRORS: MANY ARE CLOSED. no billing information.

So I tried to subscribe again and again and a again and got: ERROR! Go Back to home page. No explanation. So I came here to seek help. I think the problem may lay in the fact that I haven't had E-mail for the past month or more.

And I won't be able to get my new computer up and running until I buy it. lol

So what now? I am so tempted to just let all my accounts to stay "CLOSED"
Some are paid up for six months, and others are not. I thought the billinging department was automatically going to be paid every month as promised.

Last edited:

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooooo aggrivated...Every time i try to log in it errors out, then locks my account. Then i try and reset the password, error again. Then it takes days to get to the f&*&(*&& thing to work....Am I the only one that's having this issue?
Nope. Reset password doesn't seem to work...at all.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My computer had Fatal Failure .. motherboard.
TONIGHT i BORROWED MY SON'S LAP TOP TO CHECK MY ACCOUNTS WITH UO AND ... HORRORS: MANY ARE CLOSED. no billing information. I tried to subscribe and renew billing information and got: ERROR! Go Back to home page. No explanation.
After much work and asking questions

I FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!

My CREDIT CARD HAS BLOCKED PAYMENT to my automatically paid UO ACCOUNTS because of a SECURITY SYSTEM ISSUE. My CC IS NOT ABLE TO RECOGNIZE the LATEST CHANGES to the NEWEST EA /MYTHIC Company which is trying to collect payments from my Credit Card. I carefully made sure autopayment to EA/MYTHIC was set to pay the UO Accounts to the RIGHT company before I completely lost my computer to the motherboard critical failure.

I left the game for a few months thinking PAYMENT was SECURE, all set and capable of handling ALL my UO-Accounts during my absence so I could take the time needed to carefully learn about/find/purchase two new computers -- one for my son and one for myself for Christmas.

Why is the name of EA/MYTHIC, or whoever is the game's UO billing company being changed so often? I was not advised they (EA MYTHIC ETC) were going to change their billing-company name on any future date when I set up the automatic payments. EA/MYTHIC Company name change has disrupted the auto payment on ALL of my numerouls UO accounts - - and this couldn't have happened at a worse time - - a time when I would not have my computer available nor my E-mail. I can't imagine how many other players this affects in all games being paid automatically by credit cards.

PS: In case anyone from accounts management reads this: THE CREDIT CARD IS UNBLOCKED NOW.
I hope maybe someone in Stratics could tell them this for me because I can't seem to contact anyone to fix the situtation. I still can't get in to reinstate billing infor. LOL which leads me to think perhaps I won't be playing UO much longer if at all.WARNING: NOW more bad news: The computer I am using, MY SON's LAPTOP, is CRITICALLY FATAL. Typing is extremely slow etc ... :next:

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And it can hold a bit of a charge? Next step, try something like CCleaner to take care of file buildup and registry errors. The step after that, wipe the hard drive, repartition, reinstall Windows.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whether or not my son's lap top functions properly isn't the question here.

I am still unable to get EA/MYTHIC at [email protected] to do anything about my closed UO Accounts. I write them and nothing is done. I get an e-mail from them but no action.

My credit card is NOT denying payment. There is enough money in the bank. I can't re-subscribe because when I subscrite to the closed accounts, using manage accounts in Account Management, I get this message:
Return to the homepage

I write [email protected] Again.
Again I get another e-mail with a new Ticket number. NOTHING is DONE.

I send more E-mails to them. They send me the same letter with a new case ticket number (as below).
AGAIN NOTHING IS DONE TO CORRECT THE SITUATION.

EG: COPY OF ONE LETTER RECEIVED from SUPPORT:

Thank you for contacting Ultima Online Support.

If your email is about a Technical Support or Billing issue you should expect a response from the Technical Team within 72 hours. Please be sure to have any e-mail spam filters properly configured to allow [email protected] through (so that further responses are not blocked).

If your issue is to report a bug, it will be investigated by our Quality Assurance Team. You will not receive an email response.

IMPORTANT: If you are having a problem in-game, you must use the HELP interface in-game to get help. In-Game Support is available
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You will ONLY receive a response from this e-mail address for technical or billing related issues.

You can contact the Technical or Billing Support departments by e-mail at [email protected]

A ticket has been opened for you in our CS database: NEW CASE NUMBER

Thank you,
Ultima Online Support
Mythic, A Division of EA

Correct me if I am wrong but would I be getting these e-mails from support ultimaonline IF my e-mail spam filters were not properly configured to allow support@ultimaln

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The situation is WORSE than I thought. On further checking my UO Accounts' Status I have found ALL MY ACCOUNTS with UO are in Danger still of being closed. I can't contact anyone in Account Management to fix the problems.

I have an active MASTER CARD that is NOT BLOCKING PAYMENT TO EA/Mythic.

I have THREE E-mail ADDRESSES WITH ALL MY UO-Accounts linked to EA/MYTHIC Account Management.

All accounts on the first E-mail are closed allready .. with one that will be closed soon.
All UO Accounts on two e-mails are paid BUT ALL ARE DUE PAYMENT required on the 19th of December 2013 and into next year, with most UO ACCOUNTS due in January since some are prepaid for 6 months.

So .. if they won't let me re-subscribe, then I stand to lose all my UO ACCOUNTS.

Everyone will be having a great time with all the IDOCS coming up soon. :)

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now explain this: Some of the UO Accounts were PAID today. My credit card is being accepted. But the accounts on the first E-mail are not paid, can't pay them, and they are closed. I give up trying to understand this Account Management that can't be reached.

If I phone from Canada, I would have to pay while stuck in que for a long time

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason I'm offering PC advice is because that's something you can control and do yourself. With your account management issues, hopefully Mesanna or someone can step in. After that it would take divine intervention.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The reason I'm offering PC advice is because that's something you can control and do yourself. With your account management issues, hopefully Mesanna or someone can step in. After that it would take divine intervention.
Thank you Zog. I do appreciate your advice very much. Sorry I wasn't making that clear. Your advice is good for any computer = new or old.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No need to apologize. :) And if anyone is going to wipe the partitions and reinstall Windows, it's a good time to install an SSD.

I didn't see the part where you said some of your accounts are now paid. Who can figure out how EA does things, sheesh! I thought I was having problems last night with Comcast...

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I check to see if anything is done about fixing my UO ACCOUNTS linked to E-mail # 1 .. and discover nothing done. Why can't I write more here? .... it stops recording what I am writing.

Last edited:

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have said this in jest before but I am really beginning to believe that the new account system is some kind of back handed way to get us (UO that is) to go away! And it seems to be working!

Jade have you tried the online chat help? Although I would suggest waiting until Monday, their weekend support for Ultima Online doesn't seem to be so great. You do have to have an Origin account to get into it but it might be better than emails.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have said this in jest before but I am really beginning to believe that the new account system is some kind of back handed way to get us (UO that is) to go away! And it seems to be working!

Jade have you tried the online chat help? Although I would suggest waiting until Monday, their weekend support for Ultima Online doesn't seem to be so great. You do have to have an Origin account to get into it but it might be better than emails.
Thank you Miri of Sonoma. My son and I are both of the same opinion re: " I am really beginning to believe that the new account system is some kind of back handed way to get us (UO that is) to go away! And it seems to be working!" He was showing me the superior graphics on a new game he is presently playing.

UO will always be unique because of its continuing number mind boggling number of programs that make it a never-ending source of entertainment. There is always something one can enjoy in the game despite all the set backs. I have too much work sunk into this game from over 15 years of non-stopping and supporting UO. So like every other long standing veteran, I find it HARD to let go. At this point, I am prepared to let them do what they like even though I think I have perhaps found a solution to the problem. The Bioware/Mythic Account Management is not accepting the CC because it claims I am NOT the primary holder of the card. Why they came up with that excuse I will never know because all my accounts have been paid with the same CC for 15 years. Go Figure.
They have blocked payment on all my accounts and are closing them as payment comes due.

To fix this I have ordered a NEW card from the CC Company which will be used ONLY for Paying UO-accounts. It is limited & better protection against hackers or continued automatic payment on accounts which go over the limit for any reason. Also this card can be cancelled at any time by me to stop payment on the game only IF THEY ACCEPT MY NEW CARD and let me pay for my UO Accounts

Also THanks and bravo TO Mesanna who works so hard helping us. She has miraculously been keeping my houses from going into IDOC - - so I check them every day to make sure they are still standing and not in IDOC until my new CC arrives.

Again thank you Miri of Sonoma for replying.
and THANK YOU MESANNA

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- - and further more on the subject of Miri of Sonoma's comment: "I am really beginning to believe that the new account system is some kind of back handed way to get us (UO that is) to go away! And it seems to be working!" - - Despite all efforts to buy the upgrade codes for High Seas Booster for OVER A YEAR NOW, I (Jade of Sonoma) have NOT been able to upgrade any of my extra UO-Accounts to High Seas Booster. EA Store accepts my order with all my information and CC and then NOTHING happens. No response.

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOLUION: My CC Company issued a new credit card with a low limit for me to use to pay for my UO Accounts.
Accounts Management accepted the New Card.

(I still can't understand why the CC I have been using for over 15 years wasn't accepted by Bioward Mythic.)

THANKYOU MESANNA FOR ALL YOUR HELP KEEPING MY UO ACCOUNTS SAFE.
SPECIAL WISHES TO YOU ALWAYS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS 2013, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, SEASON'S GREETING, AND A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!

Jade

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OH OH .. My Second Oldest UO ACCOUNT is CLOSED. The Problems are starting all over again.:(

Our new computers arrived. They are specially built with all the latest bells and whistles.
My son disconnected and removed his portable laptop on which I had established active E-mails. I expect to get the E-mails on the new Computer BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN because the windows 8.1 froze on the start up and we had a few bugs to tend with plus an whole new way of operations.
While the New Computer was being installed and no active Valid E-mail available, an auto-payment UO Account was NOT made for some reason. Perhaps the billing information was lost, or EA/Mythic/bioware or whoever is in charge of the UO Accounts management, won't let me pay if I don't have an active E-mail account. So EA/Mythic may have blocked my new CC which means I will have to get another new CC activated as fast as possible once I get the E-mail up and working again, to pay for the accounts that are coming due fairly soon. Some of the accounts were paid AFTER the day this one was closed .. but those will probably be closed also if I don't get the E-mail working on the new computer.

Meanwhile .. without e-mail .. EA can't accept auto-payment for established long-existing UO accounts? They certainly are NOT trying hard to keep customers.

Poor Mesanna is going to kill me if I keep needing her help. So I hope I can solve this problem quickly.
At least this time I am not waiting months for a computer to be bought!
I may be able to get something accomplished before my whole UO game blows up and everything is lost.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OH OH .. My Second Oldest UO ACCOUNT is CLOSED. The Problems are starting all over again.:(

Our new computers arrived. They are specially built with all the latest bells and whistles.
My son disconnected and removed his portable laptop on which I had established active E-mails. I expect to get the E-mails on the new Computer BUT THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN because the windows 8.1 froze on the start up and we had a few bugs to tend with plus an whole new way of operations.
While the New Computer was being installed and no active Valid E-mail available, an auto-payment UO Account was NOT made for some reason. Perhaps the billing information was lost, or EA/Mythic/bioware or whoever is in charge of the UO Accounts management, won't let me pay if I don't have an active E-mail account. So EA/Mythic may have blocked my new CC which means I will have to get another new CC activated as fast as possible once I get the E-mail up and working again, to pay for the accounts that are coming due fairly soon. Some of the accounts were paid AFTER the day this one was closed .. but those will probably be closed also if I don't get the E-mail working on the new computer.

Meanwhile .. without e-mail .. EA can't accept auto-payment for established long-existing UO accounts? They certainly are NOT trying hard to keep customers.

Poor Mesanna is going to kill me if I keep needing her help. So I hope I can solve this problem quickly.
At least this time I am not waiting months for a computer to be bought!
I may be able to get something accomplished before my whole UO game blows up and everything is lost.

It would be a separate issue from getting a new computer, which won't affect an existing e-mail address. Unless you're hosting your own domain and mail server at home, your e-mail address still exists and would not be bouncing back messages. If it's web-based, the e-mail address and its messages are very much still there on a server. If you're using strictly POP3 or IMAP e-mail, the e-mail address likewise still exists, and the messages are waiting to be downloaded from the server, regardless of a functioning machine. Either way, your e-mail shouldn't be bouncing back any messages.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
um ... it seems too much of a coincidence that the E-mails and lack of same have coincided with UO Account Management shutting down and closing my UO Accounts since August 2013, and starting now again in January 2014.

Being a self taught computer operator, I seriously am burdened with guesswork on how things work with most of the new technology. So at the risk of repeating myself I ask these question. I expect most of it can be analyzed

WHY when I didn't have my computer or E-mail, from August to December 2013, were all my UO-Aaccounts being CLOSED for non-payment when they were supposed to be set up to be paid automatically on a valid credit card. Seems the UO Accounts changed their name and my credit card company didn't recognize who was trying to collect the bills so blocked EA/Mythic being paid and then in return, resulted in UO-Account Manager blocking that valid Credit card which I had already re-authorized to Pay UO Accounts.

Solution: We put my E-mail on my son's lap top temporarily while I was using it until such time as we were able to buy new computers during Xmas Sales. So using my son's laptop with my E-mail and a new credit card, EA/Mythic/bioware accepts payment and finally I had all my closed UO Accounts paid for and up and Activated.

Why did Mesanna have to work so hard for so long on helping me save my UO Accounts until I got the new computer?

Now what am to think???

We get our new computers and are setting them up.
Thus My E-mail accounts are NOT available on the new computer YET and - -

Why is it that WHILE putting up the new computer, and WHILE we didn't have a chance to activate my E-mail account,
my oldest 1997 account had an auto-payment DUE, and suddenly CLOSED for NON PAYMENT ???? I checked with the credit card company and they had not blocked payment. It is valid.

Ok I have got E-mail on the new Computer now. It took the Telus Tech Support, myself and my son pver four hours to get it installed and working since many other things were being taken care of at the same time. I notified Mesanna of the new problem and she has somehow opened the account again for me. I was able to again subscribe and submit the payment info on this account for the four time and now it is up and working.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You've been having a number of purely credit card issues, and you should look to those first. It is in fact coincidence that it happened to one account as you got new computers.

You can take my word for it as a computer expert: nobody at EA, in billing or otherwise, would have any idea that you weren't able to check e-mail messages on a new computer. You aren't hosting your own e-mail server at home, right? Then a new computer has no effect on your e-mail address becoming inactive. It is flatly impossible for your e-mail address hosted on someone else's server to bounce back messages just because of one of your computers at home. Even if you were hosting at home, the worst that would happen is that EA's mail server would continue to attempt delivery for a few days.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I need an expert like you here to figure this out. AGAIN >> another account is being closed. What is going on here???? (see Bioware Mythic E-mail received a short time ago today below)

My CC is valid. My Master Card did NOT decline payment to Bioware Mythic.
'End of Subscription Notification', of my 3rd oldest account, said the credit card on file was declined. Who declined it?
My credit card did not decline payment.

Now back to wasting more and more time re-submitting all the billing information.
I know how Flutter must feel. I have been spending all my time on FIXING problems with the computers, the game, the cc .. so much so for the past two or more years, I am going to dump the computer out the door and over the balcony.
:facepalm:

Bioware Mythic
End of Subscription Notification

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account XXXXX has ended for the following reason:
  • The credit card on file was declined
If you did not authorize this, please contact the Support department.
You may contact Support via help.ea.com. Click on “Contact Us” and follow the simple steps. If you are based in the US, this website allows you to leave your phone number for us to call you back.

This is an automated email from the Account Management site for Bioware Mythic.
Games Workshop, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, ™ and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2014. Used under license by Electronic Arts Inc

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found another major account closed but they haven't sent me an e-mail advising me of the closure. This is crazy.

When I got my new credit card activated a few weeks ago, I put ALL my accounts on the new Credit card.
Bioware Mythic still closes my accounts when payment comes due, because the credit card on file is being declined.
So I am re-subscribing using the same CC that is on their files which they decline when payment is due and which they accept again when I resubscribe.

It has to be a glitch. :crazy: Doesn't make any sense.

Here's the e-mail I just got this evening:

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account XXXXX has ended for the following reason:

I'll keep working on it for awhile before I give up and will not bother these forums again I hope.

Happy New Year everyone.

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't make sense at all. I was going to suggest a pre-paid card like someone did a while back, but then I read your mention of a new card. Name, address, CCV are correct?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything with my NEW CC (to be used for paying this game only) is in order, and actively working on most of my UO Accounts now.

To ensure no more accounts are closed on their due date, I have re-subscribed to each and everyone of my UO-Accounts again using the new CC which is valid and which, the Credit Card Company assures me is not the problem.

The problem, as far as I can see, has something to do with UO Account Management system saying it will automatically collect dues but isn't automatically doing so again AFTER they collect the money each month, each 3rd month and each 6th month due dates.

Once paid, I have to renew the subscription information just before the payment-due-dates. Then they (Accounts Management) will automatically charge your card on the upcoming DUE DATE only .. not the next time around.

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In brief:

I think there's a GLITCH in the new EA/Bioware Mythic Account system.
It doesn't understand the full meaning of the term: automatic-payments.
The glitch seems to be in their programmers thinking 'early payment-information submitted before payment is due, will allow Account Management to automatically charge your credit card ON THE DUE date' ..
but unless you renew your subscription again before the next DUE DATE, they don't automatically charge your credit card on the NEXT Due Date.
That is when they close my accounts if I don't have E-mail notifications to alert me to the problem.

Conclusion: I must renew my UO-Account subscriptions to everyone one of my UO Accounts after payments, to cover the NEXT Payments due.

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another account has been closed due to credit card being denied. This is starting over on the same accounts linked to the same E-mail which Mesanna spent so much time saving for me.

It is a never ending saga of my UO Accounts being closed because of my credit card being denied by EA/Bioware/Mythic again, and not by my Active valid CC.
Despite all that I have done and all that Mesanna has done to help, the problem of paying for my accounts continues. Another END OF SUBSCRIPTION NOTIFICATION in the E-mail today (See copy below)

It is again rather coincidental that my internet service was down earlier today thus stopping any E-mails from being received during the time of there wasn't an INTERNET CONNECTION. The Internet was reconnected later in the afternoon by our service company Telus. So perhaps that thing about having no e-mail available is actually affecting the UO Account payments when they come due if the internet is down for any reason? I wonder if anyone else is having that problem? (pulls out hair) :fight:

Once again I will renew the subscription and see if that corrects the situation. I renewed the subscriptions billing information for all my accounts a few days ago, including this one, just to be sure those accounts would get paid.

If for some reason when I subscribe again, they continue to reject my valid active CC which is not blocking them from collecting payment for my UO Accounts when payment is due, I will continue to report the problem in here. If all goes well I will stay away until next time.

See the notification below:

PS: THEY DID ACCEPT MY CREDIT CARD TODAY when I re-subscribed to my UO Account. This is NOT how automatic payments should work. So what is wrong with their account management system?

Bioware Mythic
End of Subscription Notification

Your subscription for Bioware Mythic Ultima Online for Game Account XXXXXXXXX has ended for the following reason:
If you did not authorize this, please contact the Support department.
You may contact Support via help.ea.com. Click on “Contact Us” and follow the simple steps. If you are based in the US, this website allows you to leave your phone number for us to call you back.

This is an automated email from the Account Management site for Bioware Mythic.
Games Workshop, Warhammer, Warhammer Online, Age of Reckoning, and all associated marks, names, races, race insignia, characters, vehicles, locations, units, illustrations and images from the Warhammer world are either ®, ™ and/or © Games Workshop Ltd 2000-2014. Used under license by Electronic Arts Inc

Last edited:

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent an Email to [email protected] to update my Email and my credit card on 2/16/2014

As of yet i haven't seen any returned response of any kind. What am i doing wrong?

I am fairly sure [email protected] is the correct Email even know stratics and UO.com hasn't been updated yet:
You go too account management at uo.com then click on support it gives you an error message
https://accounts.eamythic.com/
http://help.ea.com/en/warhammer/warhammer-age-of-reckoning//

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Ox

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who are having trouble this page contains links to the UOHerald guides on the account management and also detailed information on how to change/remove your credit card information.

Account Management
I have had a battle going on with this since the change. I will start from time we changed to new billing system.. I was not told that it would be better one account per one e-mail. I am stuck with more than one under same e-mail. I was told way back on phone that he felt it unsafe to unlink the accounts as I might not get them back. Next problem is ordering off orgin. If you order then try to order for another account I get a message you already own this. That has left me without some upgrades. now recently they say my cc was declined and close account. I got on phone right away my CC company said that none was billed. I tried to let them know in e-mail but no solution at this time. I really do not see many solutions. we should be able to buy by our account not e-mail. Or find a safe solution to unlink. You have left this to drag on and on. I wish you could fix this problem. Please can't someone help me.

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please only post here if you are stil having problems with the account management system.

Please Tell us:

Is your account currently active?

What is the given cause of your problem? (ie cc not accepted etc)

What steps have you taken to address the problem?

If you rang EA please give the contact number that you dialed?

Did you get the name of the person you spoke to? (only answer yes/no here - do not publiclly name the EA rep)
I could not find where to start a new post Sorry You can move me if I am in wrong place. I have been having issues from day one. Still trying to resolve altho I sent a cry for help again. So far it is in e-mail. Last e-mail required more private info. I have not had a reply they even got it no idea where to look to follow like we used to. They gave me a ticket number but it does not show up in ea's info. I believe it is BroadSword that responded. Any idea how I can follow up. I sent an e-mail requesting if they had gotten the info. Still no response. I have no idea where we find our ticket number. I really hate not being able to call them. They must log our service info somewhere with ticket number?

Leeda

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried to ring EA. I could not get thru it said use e-mail service
I could not find where to start a new post Sorry You can move me if I am in wrong place. I have been having issues from day one. Still trying to resolve altho I sent a cry for help again. So far it is in e-mail. Last e-mail required more private info. I have not had a reply they even got it no idea where to look to follow like we used to. They gave me a ticket number but it does not show up in ea's info. I believe it is BroadSword that responded. Any idea how I can follow up. I sent an e-mail requesting if they had gotten the info. Still no response. I have no idea where we find our ticket number. I really hate not being able to call them. They must log our service info somewhere with ticket number?
I tried to ring EA. I could not get thru it said use e-mail service. I now have 3 ticket numbers on same problem. I had 4 accounts closed was able to save them manually but I had it on auto. I am not sure what the problem is with Discover or American express neither is allowed to be used. They even denied a CC that had been paying all along. Saying it was declined my CC company said nothing had been sent thru. One person suggested buying from orgin as I told the person if I get lucky and the code works without problems it is only a temp fix. If you have more than one account on a e-mail it will decline service saying you already bought it. I am so tired of having to deal with this. I hope it can get fixed and I can get back to playing my game without worry. Please get it fixed. Still like to know where are ticket numbers are to check them and what is going on. The tickets are not on EA site any suggestion where I might find them. Thank You

Cole Dorian

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is your account currently active?
No (After a two year break, I got bitten by the UO-bug and wanted to play again).

What is the given cause of your problem? (ie cc not accepted etc)
Cannot reactivate my account due to my faulty memory (cannot remember password) and faulty Account Management Page (cannot reset; keep getting an error with every attempt)

What steps have you taken to address the problem?
Emailed support team and answered their questions (Name, Secret Word, DoB, etc...).

If you rang EA please give the contact number that you dialed?
The only number that I could find referred me to the website/email support.

Did you get the name of the person you spoke to? (only answer yes/no here - do not publiclly name the EA rep)
No

Is it usual for them to take more than 24 hours to reply? Perhaps I am being impatient.
I would be grateful for any helpful hints or assistance.
Thanks.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't make sense at all. I was going to suggest a pre-paid card like someone did a while back, but then I read your mention of a new card. Name, address, CCV are correct?
I did this today, bought and activated a prepaid card. And I wanted to leave a note. The card company I purchased from allows you to buy a temporary card at several store fronts. Walk in- pay cash, all is well, right? Not so fast there, Humbolt. The Origin Website and store are both considered International Merchants, a fact that I thought might surprise some of our European friends who seem to have problems spending money with the company, and therefore are only approved for payment once you apply for and receive a personalized version of the card, that's a week to ten days. *sigh*

This, in conjunction with some rather alarming things I have been reading about House refreshing and falling seems to have changed somewhat has me nervous. And I was just ready to come back for a nice long stretch too. Have friends coming back and everything. Anyway, that's it.

This is not so much a site issue as it is a payment system issue, but I thought folks might benefit from knowing that some companies do not make all funds accessible to our account management sites right away. Plan accordingly.

WoWGracchus

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have accounts 10 years old. Support wants all this information I cannot provide.

How's this for a suggestion. Ask me for my state approved ID and see if my name is on the account?

Ultima Online is already lacking subscribers. How about making it a lot easier to reactive old accounts?

EA is just shooting itself in the foot. Frankly, I was mad as hell when they wanted all this information such as the credit card number I used 10 years ago.

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have accounts 10 years old. Support wants all this information I cannot provide.

How's this for a suggestion. Ask me for my state approved ID and see if my name is on the account?

Ultima Online is already lacking subscribers. How about making it a lot easier to reactive old accounts?

EA is just shooting itself in the foot. Frankly, I was mad as hell when they wanted all this information such as the credit card number I used 10 years ago.
They asked me for a bunch of stuff as well, I think I just supplied character name, shard and email because it was all I could remember and they were able to find it. Good luck :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm, not even sure what my old email account is. The good thing was that I was able to remember my account name and password so I could play this past month. Bought a 1 month game code...BAM. Account tied to master account? Huh?

Sent Messana an email last night to see if she could help (I don't trust general support emails...I'd rather deal with someone I know :))

Come on EA...let me give you my money...la

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Hail & well met!

I used to play some time ago, left early in 2011, before all this confusing nonsense came about. Anyway if anyone could advise I'd appreciate it...

I know my old account name, which was used for both logging into the game and the account management website.
I have read numerous places that the new account name is the old with "_uo" on the end.
At some point towards the end of 2011 while I wasn't playing/subscribed. I believe I migrated my account (for the sake of it mainly), and on the current account management page I can login using some old information, when I do it lists two accounts, one is named with just my old account name but shows no subscriptions/features, the second lists my old account name with "uo3d_uo" on the end and lists 'most' of my old expansion entitlements, and I'm hoping is the account that my characters and stuff still exist on.

Anyway...

Didn't know the old password as it was a random string, so I reset it, and can login to the account management page and resubscribed. Also downloaded and patched the game, however, neither; my original account name, my original account name with "_uo" on the end, or my original account name with "uo3d_uo" on the end with the new password will allow me to login to the game.

I am thoroughly confused by all the different companies involved Origin/EA/Mythic/Bioware, and all their different passwords master passwords and accounts.

What do I have to do to login to my old account?

Have sent a support thingy but thought I'd ask here as it used to be quicker.

(P.S. for those who remember, I am the same Lord GOD who brought you the Throwing Wammy, and Stone Form Slasher soloer etc... if not, nevermind lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.