• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Account Migration - Ongoing Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannes Erich

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Hannes! I like to try and help anywhere I can. :) I sent you a PM with some suggestions for your friend.
Hello again Dropixel, tonight I passed your PM on in full to my guildmate. He sent an email to customer support right away. A thousand thanks for your quick response, and I'm sure he'll be thanking you too (for anyone reading this, Dropixel PM'd me only about half an hour after I wrote my post--I'm the slow responder!).

S

Sevin0oo0

For those who are having trouble this page contains links to the UOHerald guides on the account management and also detailed information on how to change/remove your credit card information. Account Management
I tried to change my card information, following the guide in the above link
"Billing information can be updated by selecting the UPDATE RENEWAL or SUBSCRIBE"
There was NO Update Renewal only Change Password, Activate Key, Subscribe buttons
I did the "Manage Accounts" Account details for [email addy]
there is only "Add a new credit card" or "Add a new paypal account"
NO EDIT as was shown in the picture - No CC details, if i click add, then it simply starts down that path

Is there another way that works?
I can log into the game and I'm Pd for almost 6 more mths

S

Sevin0oo0

And what is a "Master EA ID"? is that anything to do do with my actual UO account? I used it a few places, and anywhere it said Master - all I got was Invalid

EDIT: I have not tried to call 1-650-628-1001 yet. This is, over the next few months, to determine if my business relations with EA will continue.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is your account currently active? NO

What is the given cause of your problem? Misapplied Game Code caused by the EA/Mythic website pushing me toward a new account,which I thought was the creation of the "Master Account",and not the intended account that I wanted.

What steps have you taken to address the problem? None at this time.

If you rang EA please give the contact number that you dialed? Ringing EA just to be told they can't/wont help with a misapplied code would be pointless.

Did you get the name of the person you spoke to? See above

S

Sevin0oo0

EDIT: Also one of the screens, I think the one that says Manage Accounts Account details for [email addy]
it also says:
You don't have saved accounts.
There is no account activity to display
I don't remember seeing a Save button.

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
EDIT: Also one of the screens, I think the one that says Manage Accounts Account details for [email addy]
it also says:
You don't have saved accounts.
There is no account activity to display
I don't remember seeing a Save button.
Hey Sevin0oo0,

I am sorry to here of the troubles you are running into. I sent you a PM that may help to get things sorted out.

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Is your account currently active? NO

What is the given cause of your problem? Misapplied Game Code caused by the EA/Mythic website pushing me toward a new account,which I thought was the creation of the "Master Account",and not the intended account that I wanted.

What steps have you taken to address the problem? None at this time.

If you rang EA please give the contact number that you dialed? Ringing EA just to be told they can't/wont help with a misapplied code would be pointless.

Did you get the name of the person you spoke to? See above
I sent you an PM as well Hunters' Moon. ~ No phone calls needed. :)

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Credit card declined for renewal of an account paid with the very same credit card - again.
Since this is my oldest game account, I am really (use any word harder than unhappy here yourself)!!!
Seems my time in this game is really coming to its end due to all the pains to pay.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Credit card declined for renewal of an account paid with the very same credit card -
I just had this problem with one of my accounts. No idea whats wrong. Using Same CC for years and all info is uptodate. :(
All accounts billed fine 6 months ago.

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Credit card declined for renewal of an account paid with the very same credit card - again.
Since this is my oldest game account, I am really (use any word harder than unhappy here yourself)!!!
Seems my time in this game is really coming to its end due to all the pains to pay.
Hey Olahorand,

I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing. I do not have access to billing accounts and cannot confirm what the issue is, but I do know that sometimes the number of accounts tied to one card can cause the card to be declined due to fraud prevention guidelines. I don't know if that's the cause of the issue, but I strongly suggest sending an e-mail to [email protected]. They are usually very good at getting these types of situations resolved.

~Dropixel

S

Sevin0oo0

UPDATE: This is what I got as a resolve to my problem...

"In response to your inquiry, we reviewed your account records and see that, on April 23rd, 2012, you processed a de-linking of your account and relinked it
When an account link is severed, all Billing information for the account is completely wiped to avoid any potential account compromises. Thus you will not see any credit card information at all when you log into the Account Management website."

NOT TRUE
There is NO DE-Linking button, anywhere.
The ONLY mention of Link anything was this:
"We found an account that may be yours. Login below to link to this EA account. [my email address]
The following accounts were successfully linked to [my email address]:
[account name_uo] [account name]"
The first time in, when you select the account, THAT de-links the automatic actions performed in the past migration, and a "relink" happens

following these instructions...
You can update your credit card information by setting up a new recurring subscription plan. After logging into the Account Management site (Bioware Mythic | Account Management) with your EA account, select the 'subscriptions' tab. Locate the account you wish to edit the credit card information for and select the 'Subscribe' button. From here, select the billing cycle you wish to use. You will then be prompted to either use your saved credit card information or provide new information. If you choose to provide new information, you can use the same credit card you previously used but with your updated expiration date.

At some point you will see the following...
"Billing information can be updated by selecting the UPDATE RENEWAL or SUBSCRIBE buttons located under each game account.
You can access the list of game accounts at any time by selecting the SUBSCRIPTIONS tab."

Note: You may not see a 'Subscribe'.
Note: 'logging in' uses the email associated with the account
Note: Keyword = Saved. If 'you' have not saved a card, one will Not show here, even if one is currently associated with the account.
Note: Across the top of screens, there's 'Buttons' for UO, warhammer, etc. These have Nothing to do with the account process.

Use the Subscribe button, follow the steps to enter card information. Saved, Done.
To see the saved card information later, follow the Same path, selecting time (1,3,6 mth), as done originally
Then you will see any saved card informations (mine was different than pictured).

Almost immediately after entering 'new' card information, I received email - Bioware Mythic - Account Change Notification?
WHY did I never receive 'notification' of the account change for the "de-linking" ???
Received email - Bioware Mythic Purchase Notification for 6mths of service
Note: Keyword = Notification - of what will be billed at the next billing action.

Sympathy for anyone going in, especially those without a lot of computer and online experience.
Thanks to Dropixel for being there for those of us having problems. My problem has been resolved for the most part.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to update my card number. My card expires 2022 and the drop down int he update options only goes to 2021. Am I going to have to call support?

Also how do you delete old cards? I looked in the FAQ forum which shows screen shots with an "x" next to old cards. I can't see that anymore.

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to update my card number. My card expires 2022 and the drop down int he update options only goes to 2021. Am I going to have to call support?

Also how do you delete old cards? I looked in the FAQ forum which shows screen shots with an "x" next to old cards. I can't see that anymore.
Hey DJAd,

You may have to e-mail our support at [email protected]. They should be able to remove the old cards for you after verifying account ownership and card information. Also, if that scroll down box doesn't let you type in the 2022 expiration date, they would need to add it as well.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem resolved:) An help.ea.com UO support tech called me back within 15 minutes and helped a very confused person here:)

Kudos to UO help desk!

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, this is frustrating :(

My account is inactive, has been for about two years now. Trying to reactivate it. Successfully migrated my account (I think), my email hadn't changed at all and I remembered my password, but I can see no "Reactivate a Closed Game Account" option nor do I appear to have any active game accounts at the bottom of the page :(

EA, y u no want my money?

EDIT: OK, scrap that. Just migrated hubby's old account and I mistakenly filled out the "New EA Account" side of the page instead of the "Mythic Master Account" side. Here's hoping I can put it right :s

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do I de-link an account?
I'm not sure if there's another way to do it, but I'm in the process of getting my account delinked to hopefully fix a screwup of mine - I emailed the support team (the address is somewhere near the top of this thread).

EDIT once more... removed my frenzied ranting... my sharp-eyed husband spotted that which I had overlooked in my confuddled angst. Three accounts successfully Migrated and Linked.

However, could someone please pass on to the support folks that I think there might be some hinky code with your email system (at least when the recipient is using Gmail): when replying (as requested) to an email sent from [email protected], somehow the intertubes messes around with things and sends one's reply to [email protected]. Not so fun when it takes ones email 14 hours to tell you your reply didn't go anywhere :s

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Hobo Sapien - Samaira was correct. You may want to send an e-mail to [email protected] with your account details. Send me a PM if you run into any issues or have any questions.

Samaira - Thanks for the notice about the e-mail address. I'll see if I can get some eyes on the problem.

-Dropixel

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may have to e-mail our support at [email protected]. They should be able to remove the old cards for you after verifying account ownership and card information. Also, if that scroll down box doesn't let you type in the 2022 expiration date, they would need to add it as well.
No luck. They got back via email and can't do anything!

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
No luck. They got back via email and can't do anything!
That is strange, usually the only reason that they will be unable to assist is if they cannot verify the owner of the account. Can you send me a PM with the e-mail address you sent them a e-mail from?

DataCymru2011

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi all, so heres my problem:
I contacted EA And they gave me 2 of my accounts back, one of which is redundant and i dont care about, the other is my first and original and is the one am having issues with.

So, they sent me my username with the _uo thing at the end and a random password, the usual, but when it came to actually linking my accounts, the first account i didnt want linked, but the second account would not link at all, i have tried using the Mythic master lost password but to no avail it just says username or password incorrect etc nothing new there as has already been stated in another post.

I dont know what to do? I really want my account back so i can play....

DataCymru2011

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok this is the email Mythic said me last night at 11:43
Changed the account names for obvious reasons.

Hello,

Please make sure that when you are logging in to the accounts management centre, you are using the account name of account1_uo in order to log in the accounts.eamythic.com website. Please make sure you are using the master account password. Upon logging in, you should get a message saying that you will need to either create or link an EA account. You will need to do so in order to log in to the account completely.

Once you have logged in, you will be able to alter the account information for your subscription, in order to resubscribe your account.

If you are not able to log in to that account, please reply to this email with the following information:

How far are you able to get?
What error message are you receiving?
What account name are you using?

If you would like for MyUO to be accessible from the Uo herald again, please submit feedback via the Herald at uoherald.com/feedback

You can also contact Technical or Billing Support via help.ea.com. Click on “Contact Us” and follow the simple steps. If you are based in the US, this website allows you to leave your phone number for us to call you back. If you are not located in the United States, then unfortunately, we do not have a phone option at this time.

If you have any further questions or would like to speak to a Technical or Billing support staff member, please feel free to reply to this email.

You can contact the Technical or Billing Support departments by e-mail at [email protected]

Thank you,

Ultima Online Support
BioWare Mythic, a Division of EA

This was my reply to them this morning:

Ok, so to be sure, I clicked the following link: accounts.eamythic.com I get the following error messages when using my username and password you guys provided:
The username or password you entered is incorrect. If you recently registered with SWTOR.com the password that you created there has become your new Origin/EA.com password.

I have tried using the "Forgot your Mythic account password?" it seems to change the password but it does not fix the problem, it will not recognise the username of account1_Uo.

I have also tried logging in using my EA account which I link the UO accounts to, account2_uo linked to this email address but account1_uo wouldn’t. This is the error message:
Invalid Account Name or Password

Any suggestions?

No reply as of yet, feel like am banging my head against a brick wall. Never had so much trouble trying to give a games company money.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
here is what I said in another thread. I've "lost" 20 some accounts and even some houses over this...

"so, I tried to log into UO today and it said my main account has been blocked. Weird, my CC has been just fine. Well, after about an hour of trying to decipher this HORRIBLE new Ea log in crap, I finally get to reactivate my account... With the same CC on file (why did they shut it off? they are lucky only one of my houses fell). Anyways now here is where I need help...

I was able to link 3 of my UO accounts (I have 20+) with my accounts I'm able to "log in" via UO (I say "log in" because it seems EVERY account I own was canceled?) and it says my account has been blocked (so it's the right account name and right password. check) well when I try and "link" them to my email address it says it's not valid. Yet it IS my UO account names and it IS my UO account passwords. Anyone able to explain why I can link 3 accounts but no more? This new website honestly looks and feels like it was created BEFORE UO was released."

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I managed to update my hubby's account yesterday - it's the first time I've had to do that one, the cc expiry date needed updating.

I had a problem at first with it not accepting - then I realised. When my hubby's email account was made the address was *****@googlemail.com. Since then Google have changed that to *****@gmail.com. EA Accounts still wanted it as googlemail.

Once I realised that it was plain sailing.

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
here is what I said in another thread. I've "lost" 20 some accounts and even some houses over this...

"so, I tried to log into UO today and it said my main account has been blocked. Weird, my CC has been just fine. Well, after about an hour of trying to decipher this HORRIBLE new Ea log in crap, I finally get to reactivate my account... With the same CC on file (why did they shut it off? they are lucky only one of my houses fell). Anyways now here is where I need help...

I was able to link 3 of my UO accounts (I have 20+) with my accounts I'm able to "log in" via UO (I say "log in" because it seems EVERY account I own was canceled?) and it says my account has been blocked (so it's the right account name and right password. check) well when I try and "link" them to my email address it says it's not valid. Yet it IS my UO account names and it IS my UO account passwords. Anyone able to explain why I can link 3 accounts but no more? This new website honestly looks and feels like it was created BEFORE UO was released."
Hello Derium,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles the Origin billing system is causing you. I will assist you in any way I can. Please check your PMs.

Thank You,
-Dropixel

DataCymru2011

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Derium, i am still having trouble to, apparently my account is suspended for some reason thats why it will not link?

Had to contact Mesanna who then told me to contact the UO Dispute team to get it back.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This happened to me today for the third time. I pay monthly because I cannot commit for six months for two accounts to a game I may quit at any time as my frustration level mounts. I got an email again today saying my CC was declined (same one I've been using for years and years). Easy fix, logged in and reactivated my subscription picking THE SAME CREDIT CARD THAT WAS REJECTED from the saved CC list and my account renewed just fine - even got the purchase email. I'm getting very tired of this. No other company I pay money to has these kind of billing problems.. none. My other account is supposed to auto renew on the 4th so I'm expecting another rejection. :(

If it's a problem with my bank (which they, of course, deny and no other auto pay systems I use this card for have this problem) I'd love to know so I can give them some evidence but as it looks now something is buggy within the renewal system for Bioware Mythic. Is there anyone specific (customer billing associate or someone?) I can call about this?

-PE

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 more accounts on Credit Card went down during the last 4 weeks without prewarning, not renewing automatically.
It really seems EA is trying to migrate the last paying UO subscribers out of game by force.

DataCymru2011

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My issue is now resolved and i have my old account back, although it looks like someone else had access to it, its a bit of a mess but with an Elder tamer and 3 sampires i aint gonna complain.

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
This happened to me today for the third time. I pay monthly because I cannot commit for six months for two accounts to a game I may quit at any time as my frustration level mounts. I got an email again today saying my CC was declined (same one I've been using for years and years). Easy fix, logged in and reactivated my subscription picking THE SAME CREDIT CARD THAT WAS REJECTED from the saved CC list and my account renewed just fine - even got the purchase email. I'm getting very tired of this. No other company I pay money to has these kind of billing problems.. none. My other account is supposed to auto renew on the 4th so I'm expecting another rejection. :(

If it's a problem with my bank (which they, of course, deny and no other auto pay systems I use this card for have this problem) I'd love to know so I can give them some evidence but as it looks now something is buggy within the renewal system for Bioware Mythic. Is there anyone specific (customer billing associate or someone?) I can call about this?

-PE
Hello Prince Erik,

Do you know if your bank showed an attempted charge? I am wondering if the wrong e-mail was sent and it was supposed to be a notice that the account was about to expire. Have you tried sending an e-mail to [email protected]? Send me a PM with the details or after you send them an e-mail and I'll see if I can find out whats going on.

-Dropixel

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra FydeUOSS Managing Editor
Peerless Chatterbox

Please only post here if you are stil having problems with the account management system.​
Please Tell us:​
Is your account currently active?​
Answer:​
BioWare Mythic CLOSED the account.​
What is the given cause of your problem? (ie cc not accepted etc)​
NO REASON GIVEN.​
No E-mail was send advising me that the account was closed.​
There is NO Reason for the account to be closed.​
Billing information has vanished.​
What steps have you taken to address the problem?​
NO BILLING INFORMATION was on the account when I checked the UO-GAME-Accounts linked to E-mail/EA Bioware Mythic Account Management.​
Yet many months ago, after many days and hours working to establish links for all my UO GAME Accounts with EA BIOWARE MYTHIC .. I made sure BILLING INFORMATION, automatically paid by CC, was submitted for ALL UO Accounts linked to EA BIOWARE MYTHIC accounts. And all was okay for the past few months until now.​
Further Steps to take:
Submit BILLING INFORMATION AGAIN! - - which I MIGHT do right now or else I might drop the account accordingly.​
Then - check ALL other UO accounts to make sure they aren't closed and if they are ... well ..​
Summer time in Canada is time for me to be for outdoors while the short span of good weather lasts. Winter months are best for me to play UO. Lately though I wonder about it since it has become more work than fun to keep up with the changes.​
If you rang EA please give the contact number that you dialed?​
I don't phone them because Long Distance Charges apply. I phoned them once and that was the last time I did that because I was kept in que for a long time before the person who answered my call answered and then could not help after spending a long time with me and checking with other staff. So .. no more calls to their support department.​
Did you get the name of the person you spoke to? (only answer yes/no here - do not publiclly name the EA rep)​
No.​

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jade of Sonoma,

Have you tried e-mailing [email protected] from the e-mail that is tied to the account that was closed? If so, can you send me a PM with that e-mail address? I can see if I can get some billing reps to take a look at the account.

-Dropixel
Jade of Sonoma,

Have you tried e-mailing [email protected] from the e-mail that is tied to the account that was closed? If so, can you send me a PM with that e-mail address? I can see if I can get some billing reps to take a look at the account.

-Dropixel
SORRY I HAVE TAKEN SO LONG TO REPLY Dropixel. I must appologize for what is going to be a very long response. I have tried everything to get two issues settled.
Because this summer has been extremely busy in real life I almost missed checking my accounts to be sure all was okay and now -
I have a NEW ISSUE with EA/BioWare/Mythic ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT.

RE: NEW ISSUE: They changed my second oldest account Payment Plan from a 6 Monthly Auto Payment, to a MONTHLY after it came due this month, on 02 August 2012. I had set this and other very old accounts to be paid every six months at the basic price of 59.99. More about that later in this blog.

RE: The ACCOUNT they CLOSED: In order to NOT lose the house on my account, I re-supplied the Billing Information and paid for the account, opening it again. At present I am emptying houses on this and other accounts, and planning on closing numerous accounts. I am not having fun any more in the game and can't spend the amount of time checking to be sure I am being billed properly.

My latest problem is that I suspect they are waiting for all my accounts to finish their paid-auto-6month-time paid so they can revert them back to one month billing at the higher rate and hope I don't notice. I don't know what they are doing but it is so lame it makes me paranoid. I don't need this.

EG: I was paying auto for 6 months the price of $59.99 plus taxes -plus all their state taxes and currency exhange.
My son's account was paid 6 months ago, which brought it to 02 AUGUST 2012. Now the billing information is changed to $12.99 plus all the taxes and exchange rates for ONE MONTH. I didn't change it? WHY did they change it to that when I supplied the billing information to be paid auto every 6 months at the cheaper rate?

I expect the number of accounts that I have kept and paid automatically for 6 months at a time, will now be changed, when due, to One Month Payments. Afterall, they can collect more money off everyone that way, can't they, especially if we, the players, don't examine our account status every time payments are due.

Sorry for the sarcasm but you can't blame me for feeling very disappointed with the new account management. Seems all Mesanna can do these days and all the people in stratics, is work to get things straightened out and help keep Ultima Online from losing more and more players.

I am very disappointed with the way the new account system works because who-ever these new management people are, they do not understand the UO game obviously and are thinking it is like all other games with a beginning and end. After losing so many friends who could not deal with linking their very old accounts to the new account management system, they lost everything, including their hard earned castles and grandfather houses, and/or Keeps, because of no billing information supplied and their accounts were simpley closed without BioWare mythic sending any warning.

When you think of the 15 years they have played .. and longer if there were here for betta testing .. hey .. they are all fifteen years older than when they started playing Ultima on Line with their kids, also before and after retirement age, these Veterans are not computer literate any longer but enjoy their old UO game, and would support it if they had only known how to migrate their accounts.

My loss of information which I already supplied got this answer to my first E-mail asking them WHY the account was closed without warning. Also I proceeded to suggest that a contact phone number be created so players from Canada could call Free.
I also suggested that BioWare Mythic EA - - to whom it may concern - - out of that group of names, to simply send a notification via an e-mail when an account is being closed because of NO BILLING INFORMATION. Here are are the responses I received :
______________________________________________________________________________________
06/08/2012 8:21 PM
Hello,

Before we can assist you with your issue we will need to verify your ownership of this account. Please reply to this E-mail and provide us the following information to verify your account ownership:

Name of the account (Product Account Name):
Secret Word:
First and Last name on account:
Email on account:
Date of birth on account:
Any character names found on the account (name and shard):
Phone number on the account:
Date when account was opened and closed:
Country of residency:
Last four digits of credit card on account:

If you have any further questions or would like to speak to a Technical or Billing support staff member, please feel free to reply to this email.

You can contact the Technical or Billing Support departments by e-mail at [email protected]

You can also contact Technical or Billing Support via help.ea.com. Click on “Contact Us” and follow the simple steps. If you are based in the US, this website allows you to leave your phone number for us to call you back.

Thank you,

BioWare Mythic Support
BioWare Mythic, A Division of EA
______________________________________________________________________________________
Hello, 14/08/2012 9:56 AM

We understand your frustration, and we apologize for it. However, please understand that it is the responsibility of the player to stay apprised of their account's subscription status and ensure that their account is rolling forward as they designate. If a charge fails, it is usually due to one of the following reasons:

-Insufficient funds/limit on the payment card
-Expired expiration date
-A change in billing address
-A potential 'flag' by the financial institution
-A possible hold due to a large amount of transactions

If a charge does not go through, your account will enter into "Closed" status. Your account was not closed erroneously or with malicious intent. You mentioned that you discovered this by accident; in the future, we would advise that you regularly stay apprised of your subscription status each month to avoid account closure again.

You can also contact Technical or Billing Support via help.ea.com. Click on “Contact Us” and follow the simple steps. If you are based in the US, this website allows you to leave your phone number for us to call you back.

Thank you,

Ultima Online Support
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Even after HAVING ASSURED THEM THAT MY CC WAS VALID and that ALL OTHER my UO ACCOUNTS WITH THEM were successfully BEING AUTO-PAID BY THE SAME CARD, and asking WHY they LOST the auto-payment Billing INformation, and suggesting that they should at least have the courtesy of notifying the customer that their account was in danger of being closed for NO BILLING INFORMATION.
So, whether or not they are responsible for losing the billing information on my one account, I had to re-supply the information in order to find out if I had lost my house and all my belongings on that account. Meanwhile, .. here are the replies sent to me from Support - -

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Greetings, 17/08/2012 5:41 AM

We would be unable to make such a change as support representatives. However, the form at http://www.uoherald.com/feedback is a means to provide feedback and you may certainly suggestion that such an automated message be sent when a charge fails for an account subscription.

Thank you for your patience,

BioWare Mythic Customer Support

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello, 17/08/2012 3:26 PM

We do apologize for any inconvenience, and we can pass along that this is a desired service from our end, but submitting feedback via the Herald in regards to a change in our procedures is the best course of action in this case. Any new information regarding this matter will be posted there for all players.

Thank you,

Ultima Online Support
________________________________________________________________________________________
So the old issue .. disolved because I was forced to re-submit the billing information to be sure I didn't lose the house and all contents because that account was CLOSED WITHOUT WARNING. <<< that I have asked over and over again to be fixed.

* WARNINGS would have saved many players from losing their accounts.

NOW I want to know WHY ON EARTH they are changing the BILLING INFORMATION and LOSING IT and then are TELLING ME it's my fault and my responsibility?

Again I apologize for the long unedited post. I do hope someone can bring results to the two Issues that I have faced, and which others have or will face. For me it isn't a problem any longer. I am closing numerous accounts. Having placed another Castle, I will keep only what I can afford to manage easily without working for numerous hours learning how to fixing problems with a game-support system that doesn't seem to know what their Account Management is all about so can't help you since they can't make suggestions on how to improve a game they don't understand. . :banana:

Of course, I wrote Support about my Old Account auto-payment every 6 months, being changed without my approval to a monthl payment. Once again their long auto-response system went into motion. I am so very, very tired of replying to a robotic message system which means no one alive has even read my very short, polite and concise question about the issue at hand. All the information they need is on my ticket number which they supplied during my length attempt to have something done about that last issue of having an account CLOSED because of no billing info which had been supplied, and to which they gave no warning.

ARGH!

Excuse all the unedited errors and repetitions, please :) Have a great day. Thanks for listening. Good Luck to everyone.

Last edited:

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
@JadeofSonoma

I am very sorry to hear about the issues that the account management site is causing. :(

When EA Origin took over BioWare Mythic's billing, they were unable to provide reoccurring 6 month subscriptions. Unfortunately, this means that when the 6 month subscription comes due, Orgin is unable to apply a 6 month charge. I do not know why your billing info dropped off. It may have had something to due with the contractual legalities associated with mythic and origin and them just automatically charging you the monthly renewal rate. Though the billing info will change to the monthly subscription fee, the actual billing info drops off to prevent it from charging the monthly fee without customer approval.

This is all speculation though. I would need more of your personal info to have a billing rep take a look at the account to see if he can determine what happened. I also see you made another post on UHall saying that it was fixed now? Is that the case? If you need me to try and get more info on exactly what happened, please send me a PM with your e-mail address.

-Dropixel

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@JadeofSonoma

I am very sorry to hear about the issues that the account management site is causing. :(

When EA Origin took over BioWare Mythic's billing, they were unable to provide reoccurring 6 month subscriptions. Unfortunately, this means that when the 6 month subscription comes due, Orgin is unable to apply a 6 month charge. I do not know why your billing info dropped off. It may have had something to due with the contractual legalities associated with mythic and origin and them just automatically charging you the monthly renewal rate. Though the billing info will change to the monthly subscription fee, the actual billing info drops off to prevent it from charging the monthly fee without customer approval.

This is all speculation though. I would need more of your personal info to have a billing rep take a look at the account to see if he can determine what happened. I also see you made another post on UHall saying that it was fixed now? Is that the case? If you need me to try and get more info on exactly what happened, please send me a PM with your e-mail address.

-Dropixel
Thank you Dropixel for your kind offer. I will contact you if there are any further problems. For the time being, I have managed to overcome any problems with Account Management, but I am aware that I need to watch out for similar problems in the future.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Dropixel for your kind offer. I will contact you if there are any further problems. For the time being, I have managed to overcome any problems with Account Management, but I am aware that I need to watch out for similar problems in the future.
Another TWO accounts have lost automatic billing information and willl be closed shortly without any warning.

TWO accounts already that have no billing information, I closed today. Their billing is due tomorrow Sept. 4.

Tonight I will be checking and working on any of my UO accounts which have lost their billing information. I expect I will have to supply billing info on some of the accounts for another month. It makes me wonder how many more accounts will be closed out of my original 24. It seems our new Account Management just doesn't care about this happening.

Why is it so hard for EA/BioWare/Mythic to send out warning notices to let customers know that their billing information isn't available and that they have to reinstate their subscription. But to do absolutely nothing?
Don't they even listen to people who work so hard on Stratics to help players and keep players informed?

No wonder so many VETS have vanished from UO.

SINCE POSTING THIS >> ALL THE INFORMATION HAS BEEN RENEWED ON MY ACCOUNTS which had NO BILLING INFORMATION ! Someone in Stratics is working overtime, or Account Management is listening and/or reading these forums. :confused:

Last edited:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In a Thread Below which I started to warn others about lost billing information on their accounts, a reply from Basara may have substantial value in dealing with the problem I and many others have encountered:

Basara said:
I've never had an issue with it, after the first couple days - and even back then, they ADDED more time to my account than I paid for, for some reason, without me complaining (I DID, however, complain that their action without asking made it to where my 3 subscriptions all fell within 20 days for 3 6-month charges, when I deliberately had them spaced 1 month apart, to fall in the 6 months with the lowest utility bills).

I do think, though, that I may have spotted an issue that might be the cause. If the system is interpreting your DD/MM/YY format as being MM/DD/YY (the US standard), it could be going nuts trying to figure out how to charge for "Negative Time Subscribed", and losing your info as a result. In which case, someone in the programming needs Gibbs-slapped.

S

shadowpanther

I am having the same problem as NewThunder on page one, where he tried to link accounts, emailed support and promptly received an email saying the matter was closed without any explanation, help, or anything. This was NewThunder's post and I am now in the same position, dying to get back with my fav character and cannot. Can anyone help?

Original Post:

I have two accounts I can't link; I can not remember the passwords, I called the CS service ((650) 628-1001 answered by a CS rep in Orono, Maine) number friday morning to be told they could not get into the system to help me, he asked for my phone number and said he was going to call me back at 10:00 AM EST Sunday morning; well that time has come and gone, I suppose I will have to call the CS number again and wait and wait. I was pretty sure I remembered the password for the accounts, I knew them for my other accounts. I can't understand who designed this system or how it is supposed to me anyone's life easier.

I just checked my Email, I got an email:

Subject: Thank you for contacting EA help (Case #XXXXXXXX)

Priority: Normal Date: Friday, November 11, 2011 12:07 PM Size: 9 KB

This support case is now closed.We have assigned a case number to this interaction and included it in your case history so you can refer to its details as needed. Your case number is XXXXXXXX. Please note that you may need to log in to view your case details.

As always, we strive to provide you with the world's best customer experience for the world's best games. By taking a short survey about your experience with EA, you can help us improve our service to you:

Click here to take Survey

Should you require additional help with this particular question, feel free to contact us right away and reference your case number. Your satisfaction with our products and the EA experience as a whole is our highest priority.

Sincerely,
inContact D.
EA Customer Experience​

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here something completely different: A friend of mine opened a test account about one year ago - he played for 30 days but left without paying for a longer game time. He had some nice items on his chars I gave him and he wanted to give me his account info so that I can log in and use his chars - or perhaps link his account with my EA-master account - it would become my 3rd account.

I tried to login but it didn´t work - I expected this. However, I wasn´t able to login to account management with his login-data for entering gametime. Here are my questions:

1. Is it possible to refresh dead test accounts (trial accounts)?
2. How would you do this if you were in my situation? My friend never used the new account management system...
3. Can RTB be used for this dead trial account?

Thanks alot for your help!

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Log in for some account management and agree to the new TOS. Then grey screen comes up with"
ELECTRONIC ARTS PRIVACY POLICY

Effective Date: September 4, 2012​
no tab to managing accounts. Relog in and grey screen with same

and no tabs to accounts to be managed. Hit the UO tab and just takes you back to herald. Security so high speed now even having the username and password not enough? Again the beer companies win out over EA for my mad money. Will try in another six months if still playing. With the current account management will have to cancell card and get a new card account just keep the EA fools hands off my money. Not like any the store goodies nned to be bought if cannot see any my account status. 7th slot with storage funds buys a nice bottle of rum.​

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Here something completely different: A friend of mine opened a test account about one year ago - he played for 30 days but left without paying for a longer game time. He had some nice items on his chars I gave him and he wanted to give me his account info so that I can log in and use his chars - or perhaps link his account with my EA-master account - it would become my 3rd account.

I tried to login but it didn´t work - I expected this. However, I wasn´t able to login to account management with his login-data for entering gametime. Here are my questions:

1. Is it possible to refresh dead test accounts (trial accounts)?
2. How would you do this if you were in my situation? My friend never used the new account management system...
3. Can RTB be used for this dead trial account?

Thanks alot for your help!
Hello Eaerendil,

I'm not sure how long trial accounts stay in the system. Does your friend know what e-mail he had used to set up the account? If possible, I would have your friend try e-mailing support from that e-mail account to see if he can have the password reset. (If the account still exists in the system.)

Dropixel

EA Community Rep
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Log in for some account management and agree to the new TOS. Then grey screen comes up with"
no tab to managing accounts. Relog in and grey screen with same​
and no tabs to accounts to be managed. Hit the UO tab and just takes you back to herald. Security so high speed now even having the username and password not enough? Again the beer companies win out over EA for my mad money. Will try in another six months if still playing. With the current account management will have to cancell card and get a new card account just keep the EA fools hands off my money. Not like any the store goodies nned to be bought if cannot see any my account status. 7th slot with storage funds buys a nice bottle of rum.
Hello Warpig,

This sounds like a technical issue with your browser and the EA Account Management Site. What browser are you using and do you have any script blocker plugins for your browser?

-Dropixel

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am so ticked off right now. I had a 2nd account that was linked to a different email and I wanted to combine all under the same email. So back in Sept, I emailed to have the account De-Linked. WOW WHAT A DAMN MISTAKE.

Now not only can I not link the account to my EA/Mythic account or whatever the hell it is called. If I go into the email address it was under, it keeps saying my password is not working now. WTF IS GOING ON.

This is the email I got after it was delinked back in Sept:

"To reset your Mythic Master Account password to allow for linking a Mythic Account to your EA Account:
*Please visit the account center, https://accounts.eamythic.com/
* Select the "Forgot your Mythic Account Password?" link.
*Input the Mythic Master Account name in question and an email will be sent to the email associated with that account, containing a link to reset your password.

To reset your Product Account or In Game Login password:
*Log into the Mythic Account Center, https://accounts.eamythic.com/ Log into the account center using your EA Account name and password
*Select whichever Master Account has the Product Account in question in it from the “Current Account” Drop Down menu.
*Scroll down the webpage until you locate the Product Account whose password you wish to change.
*Select the "Change Password" button located at the lower left corner of that Product Account. This will direct you to a page where you may set a new password for your In-game Login.

If you have forgotten your Master Account name or email address associated with your master account, please contact our Billing Department. You can contact the Technical or Billing Support departments by e-mail at support@ultimaonline.com"

So what does this mean? I hit the reset button, but I don't even remember the info for that email address. DId that screw up my password? I have sent 2 emails now and I am just about over it. This game is not worth this much frustration.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried to call. I got pushed off. Told all support is email only and they can only "merge accountS". EA Wins. I give up. This is not worth the stress and frustration. I JUST WANT MY ACCOUNT.

Status
Not open for further replies.