• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) About some pvp skills

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still trying- without much success- to buy any archery pinks and blues.

Is archery that much used here?

I've made a career out of training the rogue skills. Now, I'm trying to build a pvp template of sorts. To pursue the elf thing I picked archery (still. 80's sigh) and spell weaving. I've also got poisoning, ninja, and fencing to play with in that mix. Tactics is at 90- should I go higher? I have always used ninja for stars and darts, smoke bombs, but since you can't cast a darn thing in animal form- even special moves- I'm thinking itight be limited for over-the-counter pvp.

If I am participating in mass pvp with my guild, hiding and stealth would not be much use I'm guessing- replace with healing/anatomy?

Please, any suggestions would be much appreciated.

And- has anyone else ever tried the SW/archery thing? How did that turn out?

If you don't want to give away template secrets but would still
Be willing to offer help, please private message me. I want to be an asset to my guild, and a fun challenge to my opponents

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If I am participating in mass pvp with my guild, hiding and stealth would not be much use I'm guessing- replace with healing/anatomy?
If your guild doesn´t already have one, you can be a stealth dismounter.
They can be very useful when timed right.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What are your guildies advising you to do? Stealth/archers are definitely nice for group fights. Not so nice for solo fighting.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't really asked- I should. How does archery stand up to one vs one? I see some bows have nice specials- dbl strike, mortal, armor pierce, paralyze.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't really asked- I should. How does archery stand up to one vs one? I see some bows have nice specials- dbl strike, mortal, armor pierce, paralyze.

Archery can do fine 1v1, especially with the changes to bows. Just run a comp bow and stack stam/mana and AI spam them. The best thing is dismount/aarmor ignore/armor ignore and chase with moving shot.