• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A YAMA story - Updated 3/24 with Chapter 5

• Thread starter Yasou Wakayama
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Y

Yasou Wakayama

The Changes Within

Isoroko had returned to his stone fortress in the icy tundra valley that the Yamamoto’s had claimed for their own. Only the necromancer Obake still kept a home near Umbra, but that was more of a necessity as it allowed their group to watch the comings and goings of friends and foes … Umbra was for all it’s darkness and shadows … a fairly busy place.

Obake was awaiting Isoroko … and Kumui as always sat off in the shadows. The deathtalker motioned for Isoroko to join him at the table where tea was set before them … Obake muttered a spell and his skin turned from the white of the dead to a normal healthy shade. The Admiral grimaced, necromancers were creepy he preferred those that were dead to stay dead but he could not tell this to his brother.

“Some strange things are happening with our brethren in the Wakayama Clan Iso … the high priestess was not pleased with a discussion regarding an arranged marriage and through trickery and magic has changed the focus of her Clan.”

Isoroko raised an eyebrow in perplexed amazement. “Please go on brother.”

“It seems a charm was used on at least one member of the Clan as Takeshi spoke not of a dowry and to who the priestess was to be married but instead an elaborate plan to expand the empire and the influence of the Wakayama Clan. As he spoke the Shogun and those in attendance sat in amazed silence at the sheer possibilities of such a plan. Clearly, while the priestess’s intent may have been to change the course of the conversation, this diatribe was not what she expected.” The deathtalker stopped speaking and smiled at the Admiral.

“Brother can this be the plan that we discussed nary three months ago … the one that would stretch the capabilities of their clan and strengthen our influence within it?” Isoroko asked.

Obake smiled broadly … “You have no idea how great our influence will soon be my brother.”

Kumui leaned from out of the shadows … “It took me these three months to spread the idea amoung the rank and file. Some opposed, but the ones we needed to bite have done so. You will be amazed what the promises of power and glory do to some people.”

Kumui continued, “I had first planted the idea with one of the newer members of the Clan … a young elf maiden named Ariana. She had been spending some time with the warlord Hugibear learning the ways of combat. I used her to plant the idea to the warlord – the one who always wants more combat then the Shogun is willing to allow. Hugibear convinced the wizard Wakka and man-at-arms Weinan that this idea viable and promised them combat. And it seems that after Takeshi spoke his diatribe the word reached the three who immediately requested a meeting of the Clan.”

… Flash Back to several hours earlier …

Wakka, Weinan, and Hugibear are joined in council by the Shogun, Ibichi, Shabba, Squid, Takeshi, Athena, Squid and several others. There is clearly tension on the faces of most assembled.

Hugibear rises … “Shogun … myself and the other members of the Clan have been informed of the speech that was made by Takeshi but a few hours ago. Many of us believe that this is what we have been waiting for – the one true recognition that will make our city and our kingdom known and feared …”

The Shogun raised his hand cutting him off as he rose. “My warlord, you have served this clan well with the power of weaponry and presence on the battlefield, but is recognition and FEAR what we aspire to?”

The assembled mumble – some in agreement – some clearly not.

“I will agree that what was proposed this morning is both ambitious and potentially extremely satisfying. I only question at what cost will glory come? We have had uneasy peace with many of the established towns now, a move of this nature could end what little peace remains. Those who had shown us support before may turn their backs forever … this is a big and unforgiving step.” The Shogun looked at those assembled … and then to the High Priestess.

“Your priestess has already foreseen the outcome of this meeting. So we have sent our two emissaries … one to small group from the north that calls itself the Strong Arm Steady gang … they are brigands but have pledged their force to the cause we may be undertaking now as well. Bruener has gone to speak with their leader and should return shortly.” The Shogun again looked over the faces of those assembled. “I have also sent Kisho Wakadaichi to the Castle of Lord British to speak to the royal emissary.” About a third of those assembled stomp and howl in approval. “I have given Kisho the authority to reassemble the ancient order – the Wakadaichi Sect on the condition that Ibichi be his seer.” There is some applause and stomping again from about a third of those assembled.

Shabba stood slowly with a concerned look on his face, “Shogun with all due respect … if your seer, the priestess, is with the Wakadaichi sect and away from your side who will give you counsel? And what will become of our current allies if they do not agree with our path?”

The Shogun smiled, “Good questions both … as you know there is no one else among our Clan with the gift of foresight, yet there is one close to our clan who has this ability and I will call on him to aid me while we pursue this crusade.” As the assembled looked at each other perplexed the Shogun continued. “You will notice our ninja’s are absence from this conclave … they are delivering messages and summoning others to our city. Akane has ventured to the tundra wastes where the Yamamoto Clan dwell … Obake will be my seer in the absence of the Priestess.”

Angry shouts rose up … no one assembled looked happy at this news. Xavier stood with a look of sheer displeasure on his face. “Shogun that man is a deathtalker, he is also been known to do unspeakable acts to those that have fallen before him,” Xavier shook his head as he sat down.

The Shogun waved for silence … “My selection of seer is non-negotiable.” His eyes met Ibichis. Kanaye has gone to find our allies DR … they have the ability to stand on their own and carve out their own niche. It will be their choice as to how their future will play out but our future does not include being a crutch for our friends in DR while we focus n greater tasks.”

Most assembled nodded in agreement.

“I expect a number of you will take the oath of the Wakadaichi sect. Remember in doing so you pledge to server two lords, two kingdoms. In doing so you pledge to enforce a set of laws which may be met with opposition … from friends and potentially former friends, and foes.” The Shogun said all of this while looking at Hugibear.

“While I can not sit in council with Lord British himself, by our oath to assist his knights in True Brits, I have made a pact, a treaty which should strengthen our sovereign kingdom and grow our influence. Know that those that due not recognize his authority will now be our enemies … the Silver Serpent Knights of Mithras … the denizens of Wispwood Shire … and all those that openly defy Lord British will be faced with our wrath. This is the oath we must pursue, there has been no taxation for too long and the TB coffers run low – we pledge to seek the usurpers in the lost lands and exact taxes for their lawlessness … and to annihilate all who support one of the opposing factions be it Minax, Shadowlords, or Council of Mages. Lastly the horde of vampires that run unopposed in the Islands of Tokuno and the lands of Ilshinar will be snuffed for their murder of innocents and for sheltering the helpers of Minax.” The Shogun appeared to be radiating from within …

Yasou raised his right arm to the heavens and looking upwards yelled “SAKAE!!!”

And all assembled sprang to their feet, some drawing their weapons and shouted the same … all but one whose eyes were cast downward and teary eyed …

M

Mandolin

Well done, Yasou. This is my favorite installment thus far! *claps*

C

Chessy

"“While I can not sit in council with Lord British himself, by our oath to assist his knights in True Brits, I have made a pact, a treaty which should strengthen our sovereign kingdom and grow our influence. Know that those that due not recognize his authority will now be our enemies … the Silver Serpent Knights of Mithras … the denizens of Wispwood Shire … and all those that openly defy Lord British will be faced with our wrath. This is the oath we must pursue, there has been no taxation for too long and the TB coffers run low – we pledge to seek the usurpers in the lost lands and exact taxes for their lawlessness … and to annihilate all who support one of the opposing factions be it Minax, Shadowlords, or Council of Mages. Lastly the horde of vampires that run unopposed in the Islands of Tokuno and the lands of Ilshinar will be snuffed for their murder of innocents and for sheltering the helpers of Minax.” The Shogun appeared to be radiating from within …"

Does this meen that all "unoffical" alliances are off ???If so it should finally get intresting....

Evil

C

Chim

all unofficial alliences and some official ones are nearing an end.... thus things come full circle...

G

A small bird landed on the windowsill of the great pagoda, and chirped noisily at Xavier. Upon inspection, he found a small scroll neatly tied to it's leg with a dark blue ribon.

Immediately, a second bird landed on the ledge on the far side of the room, where Dante sat. This, too, had a small scroll, similarly tied.

The two warriors looked at each other, and took the scrolls.

Both said the same thing:

"Ye have been away too long brothers.
Return home before your souls are consumed by darkness.
It would be a sad day indeed, if we were forced to place your names on the scrolls of death."

There was no seal, no mark, and no name, but they knew who had sent it.

Both sat and stared at each other glumly, their Shogun's recent words still ringing in their ears...

<center>
</center>

G

“While I can not sit in council with Lord British himself, by our oath to assist his knights in True Brits, I have made a pact, a treaty which should strengthen our sovereign kingdom and grow our influence.

Know that those that due not recognize his authority will now be our enemies … the Silver Serpent Knights of Mithras..........

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Twisting in the winds of time, the descent of mankind is observed by many whom twist with the twisting in the winds of time. No matter tis far easier for mankind to downward spiral than to upward spiral. No matter whom ye swear your alligance to ..this week ........nor make ye pacts with....some nary twist nor blow in the winds of time. They remain steadfast never waivering nor will they ever bow to the false king. Eradicate them all ye wish twill not change their strong make up and backbone to stay their course and stay their loyalties. Death is only temporary inconvenience an utter non issue, for much more is at stake and more valued than life itself as friendships, loyalties, alliances with those like minded whom also remain steadfast in serving the Virtues. Harder row to hoe in the garden of life but the fruits of our labors far outweigh the thorns on any tumbleweed blowing in the winds, entering our gardens.

To my brothers whom once were in our clan of KSS, tis time again, CHOOSE ye what masters ye serve, what loyalties ye want to keep, what virtues if any burn in ye souls, what friendships mattered to ye more,for your master, has now proclaimed your former brothers and sisters as ye enemy to mercilessly slay.

CHOOSE YE my former brothers, for now you can not swim in two canoes and expect a serene ride down the descent of man down that river of no return straddling two canoes as friends of both !

Sol Invictus... my kin or former kin, or kill me, since ye now must obey ORDERS of your master and shogun ! Your choice my former brothers, for ye were given a free will ! Choose ye !

H

Hector of Europa

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Hector walked past Ruth Thompson's armor works. He did not know the lady, but, gazing at the metal clad mannikins at the front of the shop, he knew two things: He knew what a woman's form looked like, and he knew that the female plate armor shown there looked really uncomfortable!

He walked on, past the Wakan pagoda, and noticed that rot had begun to set in. Strange, in a fairly new structure like that. Perhaps a good architect could be found to effect repairs. That, however was not his concern.
Onwards to the market!

M

Mandolin

The Vampire called SpyderBite by most, Elg'cahl by the Drow.. sat in his bone throne rolling the parchment between two pale white fingers, lost in thought.

So.. the Shogun, Yasou, has finally chosen Chaos as his guide. This man he called 'friend' had finally given in to the bloodlust of his brothers.

Shaking his head, he took a deep breath to calm himself. This did not bode well for him. Or Katharine for that matter. The sound of plate clad footsteps on the stone of the Tomb floor drew his attention.

"So, Brother", spoke the woman from the shadows. Her dialect was thick with Elven, yet different, "I suspect you've heard the rumors already". She stepped in to the light of the chamber, her flowing white robes and cape contrasted her pitch black skin and obsidien eyes.

Spyder looked up at his half-sister, Mri'Kulssin, and bared his fangs when he smiled, "Aye," he hissed, "I have heard it first hand. By the Shoguns own pen". He tossed the the small scroll that had arrived by pigeon an hour earlier, on to the floor.

The Drow Swords Maiden bent over and picked up the missive. Unrolling it, she read it with interest. To the Vampire's surprise, she smiled in mirth.

"You find this funny?", Spyder hissed.

Mri looked up at her brother, seeing only the little boy she'd raised deep in the caverns of her kin, "Yes I do".

The Vampire stood and turned towards a window overlooking Gravewater Lake, "How is it humorous?", he turned and looked at the Drow and smiled sardonically, "I do not play with politics, Mri. You know that. Yet once again, I am forced to choose sides amongst my friends who fued with each other".

Mri'Kulssin crossed her arms, her face suddenly serious, "You know what I must do, Elg'cahl".

SpyderBite turned back to the window and watched a Skittering Hopper scamper through a patch of moonlight, "I can not raise a sword against either side", he shook his head again, "and there are so many sides".

The Drow walked over to her brother and placed a hand on his shoulder, "You know what I must do, Brother".

The Vampire turned and studied the woman's face before speaking. "Aye, I know. How soon til you leave for Wintermoor?".

"I shall pack my things tonite, Elg'cahl. Fear not, Brother. While your friend seeks Glory and Power, Mithras is watching him". She smiled softly at the man before her. His skin was milky white, his eyes glowed red; but he was still a man.. still her brother. "You have met Lord British in the Void, Elg'cahl. You know that he is weak and no leader. Any fools who follow him and his delusional ways must be stopped".

Spyder watched her as she turned in whirl of white robes, and strode towards the entrance of the Tomb. Without turning, she spoke.

"Stay off the battlefield, Brother", she paused before speaking next, "You are a non-factor in this fight. I, on the other hand, will be taking up the white robes of the Knights and fighting back for those who oppose the False King's rule".

SpyderBite watched his half-sister vanish in to the shadows. He felt helpless, but knew she was right. Once again, as many times before, he found himself on the fence, watching friends battle.

Y

Yasou Wakayama

A YAMA story - The Dowry (part3)
The Deception

“What an interesting tale my brothers”, Isoroku was at the edge of his seat the entire time Kumui had recanted the story. “I am just perplexed as to know how do you know of this turn already? Surely no missives have been received from the shogun.”

The deathtalker rose and smiled at his brothers … Kumui smiled as well, further confounding their youngest brother. The former Admiral and then feared pirate looked between his two brothers as his anger mounted. “Out with it you damned fools!”

“Do you think we would put all our eggs in one basket brother? Play all our cards when our rivals hand has not been shown to be strong? Surely you know we are better masters of deception and trickery then you are giving us credit for.” Kumui smirked.

“Your cousin has been among the WAKA clan for some time now. His skills with the polymorph spell are mindblowing … he can walk in here as myself if he were so inclined. How they had not discovered his true lineage is a question I will not ask but he is not pure of either of our blood and in fact came to us and even we did not know it was him.” Obake continued.
“You see brother … we knew that we could put the “story of glory” to Ariana and she would run with it to Hugibear and get him fired up. What we also counted on was that she would also reveal parts of the same plan to some of the clowns from Wintermoor. And it seems she has been spending much time at the tavern in Wispwood Shire and has often cavorted with Daan Mor so we believe the White Council is aware WAKA’s path.”

“Our problem however,” interjected Kumui “was that we needed someone else to take this story to the Shogun, preferable without his seer present. Your cousin placed a woman of the WAKA clan under a deep trance for several days and then cavorted with her neighbor Takeshi. Takeshi is just a brute but he often sits at the table of the Shogun and we thought he could introduce the idea directly. The way it presented itself was even better then we imagined.”

A figure stepped into the room, in dark robes and facing down. He did not look up but spoke words that Isoroku had not heard in decades and in the tounge of his long deceased father “In your search for redemption - Greed and lies become the savior - Through the lecherous eyes disgust withstand - For are not these the windows to your soul?”

Isoroku shuddered – the one and only time he had heard these words from his fathers lips the next thing that came was murder … his father had placed a weapon in the 12-year-old’s hand “his birthright” and brought him to the fringe of town where his father identified the mark – a man that was an enemy of the Yamamoto’s his father had said … shoot him through the heart he had whispered … but in the dark Isoroku had missed and instead shot the man through the throat and the man had fallen gurgling while he struggled to breathe … his father then struck the mans skull with a club and the man stopped breathing ….

“Father?” he asked – and for the first time in nearly two decades Isoroku felt fear.

The man removed the robes to his shoulders revealing a handsome man that Isoroku recognized as a member of the Wakayama Clan and formerly of the Serpent Knights of Wintermoor. Xavier spoke “Your father, became my guardian after you left for the high seas. He said I was your cousin though my lineage was never discussed though I did ask many times. Your father was the most evil man I had ever met but his loyalty to his clan was unwavering and cost him his life. His words stayed with me as I have been seeking redemption since the day I reached these lands. An attaché is on the way to seek Obake to Wakatown to be the new seer … I must depart shortly”

Isoroku looked at his brothers, “Unbelieveable!”

Obake motioned for him to get some sake “There is more my brother.”

- Several hours earlier in Wakatown –

The assembled shouted “SAKAE!!!” in unison … “Glory” and then some began to sing songs of past triumphs and battles, and heros that made their names in battle.

Only Yasou noticed the tears that streamed down Ibichi’s face as she turned and walked out onto the veranda where she sought solitude from the revelers. She was surprised to find she was not alone as one man was bent over the ledge vomiting over the side into the courtyard.

She could not read his mind or even get a feel of his emotions. She watched him wretch and then stand up stock straight. He said nothing to her did not look up or remove the cloak that covered his face and she could not see who he was though she tried to see past the cloak with her subconscious.

“OUT” she heard at an incredible decibel – knocking her backwards and yet the man said nothing, though she knew this impenetrable anger came from him …

She watched him enter the room of revelers and pass through as though invisible … only the Shogun seemed aware of his presence and the look of recognition on the Shoguns face racked the Priestess with fear. What was happening here?

(edited sorry left off last couple lines in the copy and paste)

M

Mandolin

SpyderBite watched his sister ride off across the Umbra lands towards the Moongate in town. His thoughts wandered back several seasons to a wedding in Iantown where he had met the man called Xavier. Once a Knight, now a member of the Wakayama clan. He remembered the excitement in the man's eyes when he and Severina had welcomed him to these lands that night as two Iantown citizens spoke their vows.

The Vampire stormed down to the cellar of the Tomb to replace the armor he'd lost the night before to several of the Wakayama clan. Eager he had been to ride along side them again, only to find himself caught off guard and chopped down by those he sought to assist.

Baring a fang, he rummaged through his armor and weapons. The inventory was growing low. He'd contact the Lady Maleeka to replenish the supply in the morning.

For now, he took what was left of the rag tag leather pieces and prepared for a long road of violence and bloodshed.

There were no sides anymore.. no right or wrong.. only redemption.

G

Shaking her head sadly, the diminutive woman read the far to short missive. war was all it said to her.

The last year had been hard on their numbers. Many Knights and Soldiers had gone on soujourns to far lands. Those that stayed had been hunted to near extinction. But the few that remained were hardened and tempered. War was nothing new to them.

She walked to the roof of her keep to release pigeons to the Knights of Mithras. If war was called, she would be the first to ride forth. Peace was a dream to her, but there was a long bloody path between here and there.

I

imported_Daan Mor

The dark skinned elf studied the note which had arrived moments before, before putting it to one side and walking to his storeroom. With which could more blood be drawn? Sword, or axe?
He weighed them in his hands, there was a time and place for each.
Grasping them both he mounted the large black stallion which was tethered outside his Wintermoor home and rode to meet his Regent...
War was upon Wintermoor, and in the battle line of the Silver Serpent is where he would stand, to the end...

M

Mandolin

Mri'Kulssin arrived in Luna just before the sun broke upon the eastern sky. The stench of the sewers that ran through the city caused her to gag slightly. She reined her horse around some of the local filth that populated the streets. The guards watched her warily, almost eager to leap upon the Drow at the first call of distress.. warranted or not.

She ducked in to the doorway of the tailor shop and watched as the vampire called WyRm rode past. She dare not risk being recognized by her Brother's Maker. Not so close to Wintermoor.

When the street was clear, she urged her mount back on to the street. The sound of flapping wings drew her attention to a small black bird which spiraled down from the sky towards her. She extended her arm and allowed the creature to land on her armored sleeve. Detaching the missive from its leg she tossed the bird back in to the air.

Unrolling the note she read it quickly, daring not spend too much time out in the open; a target for any of the opportunists that would try their sword against her.

Sister,

I have received word from Otto that your request to wear the Blue Robe has been declined. The reasons seem to be personal, but have nothing to do with you. Please return home immediately. The three of us have much planning to do in light of this news.

- Elg'cahl

The Drow Sword Maiden, crumpled the note in her gauntleted hand and her coal black eyes burned in anger and frustration. With war almost upon them, what could three outcasts hope to accomplish? As she turned her steed towards the Moongate she wondered what her Brother was up to. As the stench of Luna fell behind her she suddenly remembered something. Two messages on his writing table addressed to Lord Py Lethius and the Shogun Yasou.

The Drow launched herself in to the Moongate and began her journey back home at double speed.

G

Spree stood stoically at Kelmo's desk. Her eyes were the only thing moving as nothing ever seemed to escape Spree's attention. Kelmo scanned over the reports again, looking for any details he may have missed.

Skirmishes in Umbra, hunting parties being raided, the details kept pouring in as Kelmo's network of informant's actively searched for more information. The Waka clan was indeed in flux. The odd outbreak of fighting was one thing, but this? This could lead to war.

Neutrality has always been an important goal for Iantown. War has blown across the town before, but never with such a bitter chill.

"Damn it." Kelmo muttered. "You realize what this means, Spree?"

Spree only nodded once.

The Shire and Wintermore has always stood by Iantown in times of need, yet Kelmo counted many folks of the Clan Waka as friends.

"Spree, alert the citizens to be wary. Let's be cautious. I will visit with Shad and Enigma and get their thoughts on this matter. Oh, and please let me know when the Dragon reports in."

Kelmo sighed. Perhaps a visit with Sissy and Miss Tea are in order. They always seemed to cheer him up.

Y

Yasou Wakayama

The Ides of War

Kisho Wakadaichi and a group of nearly a dozen Wakayama’s gathered in western Umbra. Together they changed the crest on their shields and armor from the Wakayama Clan to the Imperialistic crest of The Wakadachi … “Those borne in blood”. As they typically did they all worked in silence. Hugibear however had stopped working and sat in silence …. He looked down at his robes and cloak of royal paladin blue – the colors of the armies of Lord British … he looked at the crest of the missing king and he felt no adoration or desire to serve. The warlord looked at the men and women who had pledged to take the task the Shogun requested, all were capable and willing to die for any cause put forth by the Shogun; and he knew they would look to him as Warlord to lead them to victory.

As he glanced around the room several stopped their tasks to observe his actions. As he met each of their eyes they would cease their dressing and look to him. Soon he had the attention of all but two, the Priestess Ibichi who had her back to them all and was working silently in the corner, and the old man Kisho who was unfortunately, often these days, oblivious to his immediate surroundings.

The Warlord cleared his throat and the two turned to face him. Unlike the others Ibichi had done nothing – she still wore the crest of the Wakayama Clan – surely she would know what he planned to say – yet she looked withdrawn and weakened … Hugibear rose to speak. “Brothers and sisters when the Shogun spoke to us he spoke of loyalty to an absentee king. I want to be clear with all of you that I focused on one line of his speech, the one line that should mean everything to all of you, “a treaty which should strengthen our sovereign kingdom and grow our influence.” I am certain the Shogun only wants this … recognition and respect for our kingdom, and fear in the hearts of our enemies.”

Weinan nodded, “I will wear the colors of the paladins of Lord British. However the Wakadachi crest will hold my cloak about my neck.” And he pulled aside his cloak to reveal the Waka crest over the left side of his chest. “And the crest of my brethren will always be closest to my heart.”

Most of the group nodded or made exclamations of agreement … only Ibichi sat silent as Kisho slowly rose to his feet.

The old man spoke, “You young men with your bold talk drawing assumptions over the “true calling” in this plan of the Shogun? The orders were clear … we must strike down the enemies of Lord British and all who violate the old rules. We must decimate the enemy factions …”

Hugibear interrupted him, “I am not disputing the who’s and how’s … I am just stating that this is just politics, our shrewd leader his once again pitted us into a battle that will strengthen our kingdom. This war is not for the glory of some fallen king, but for the glory of the Wakayama Empire.”

The rest of the group rose and cheered … Ibichi shuddered as she stood and pulled her cloak tight about her body.

---- Miles away in Wakatown ---

The Shogun sat with two of his most trusted, Iragael the subtle and Shabba the humble. They awaited the arrival of the new seer, the fourth member of an inner circle that contained five members of the WAKA clan. With two members of the inner circle now absent, with both the Warlord and Seer in service of the Wakadachi … two new people would become the circle.

Iragael spoke of missives that were to be sent to a few of the tribes that had shown support of the Empire in the past. None of these missives were positive as the Shogun had requested. Four in total had been drafted by the pen of Shabba and by the approval of the shogun. Each awaited the two missing signatures, that of the seer and warlord of the Wakayama Clan.

“The parchments will not be delivered by pigeon my Lord as per your request they will each be delivered by hand.” Iragael informed the Shogun.

“Most excellent, I have specific members of the Clan designated for these tasks. Hopefully we can get past the formalities this evening.” The Shogun responded.

“Aye, most can be completed this night; however the one pact we do not want to break until the 90th day as per our promise. We shall nullify that agreement in three days time for our word is bond.” Shabba added.

“Indeed wise one,” the Shogun responded. “We have always been true to our word and we shall not break that pact before our commitment has ended.”

The curtains parted and a man stepped inside. Shabba motioned for the man to take a seat at the table. Wasabi sat at the spot designated for the warlord. All four of the men filled their small mugs with sake and drank in unison.

“And it is now so,” the Shogun spoke “Wasabi will be the warlord for our clan while Hugibear is in the service of Lord British.”

Wasabi picked up the quill and signed the parchment addressed to Shad of the TnT tribe. He nodded in agreement as he signed the parchment addressed to Otis of the DR tribe. A smile spread over his face as he signed the parchment to the remnants of the White Council … the document addressed to Siofra. The fourth document brought a perplexed look to his face and he read it briefly because the wording was different then the other … he signed his agreement at the end and matched looked around the table. “We are missing one more.”

And with that as his introduction the curtains parted and Obake Yamamoto entered the room.

S

Shad-SP

The wind of the dragon's wings announced her arrival and took Shad's eyes off the shimmering red sun settling to the west. As the air was pushed over him, the sands swirled about and stung is soulless eyes. He turned to meet Kat and as he did so, she deftly slid down the beast and landed on the desert's sand with the grace of a deer. She searched the horizon, then her gaze settled on Shad and he saw in her eyes why she had been chosen by the Ancients as an equal to him; he saw the strength of a Hiryu and the fierceness of a Rune Beetle. Definately an able leader and worthy warrior.

A concerned smile crossed Kat's face, "So, old man, why have you summoned me back to our desert? I was enjoying myself at a demons expense when your thoughts entered my mind. So, as always, I hastily returned to find you in the middle of the desert and with no drink for me. What hospitality is this and for what reason?"

Shad's dry skin cracked and his throat emitted a raspy chuckle, always one to enjoy Kat's pointed ways. "Young one, I am sorry to have disrupted your hunt and I hope Voodoo can forgive me for delaying his fun." With that the white beast uttered a growl, the stench of rotting demon flesh filled the air. "But your presence is necessary and appreciated."

Sensing the seriousness of the moment, Kat sat on a dead tree and asked "What troubles you?"

"Nothing troubles me, for the sands of time fall inevitably. Eventually all roads come to crossing points, eventually destiny's reason and the Ancients wisdom is revealed. That time is near, very near." Glancing to the blood red sun, its light spread out into the haze of the deserts storm coloring the horizon in a floating sea of blood. A scorpion settled on Shad's foot and he continued, "The Ancients whispered to me last night, and the omens surround us this day. The horsemen of War and Death are readying their mounts for a long ride. The set from the east and seek to soak the west in blood. Their thirst for power is overriding and they are strong. Their greed for conquest blinds their vision and all becomes red in their eyes."

"A war looms? But who and when?" Kat had stood and unconciously began to run her fingers along her magical blades of ancient times. Shad cackled hoarsely, "That I do not know yet, only that the horsemen ride soon. But I do know this is what we of our clan have been preparing for, the very reason we are here. To engage in this struggle and take back some of the treasures stolen from the Ancients, this is merely one more step on our path. And I welcome it as I welcome all forms of death."

Shad turned and began chanting incantations to the Ancients. The sand began to shift and boil, seathing just before the Necromancers feet. A large serpent grew from the sand and hissed, spitting venom from its fangs. Shad grabbed the beast, swiftly drew his kryss and seperated the head from the body. Holding the head above his body his stone white hands gripped held stongly despite the death throws of beast, bursting the poison gland. The green poison flowed with the blood over Shad's face, its acidity boiling and burning his white flesh. He dropped the head and turned to Kat, "We are favored and will prosper in this conflict." Again he knelt and began speaking ancient tongues into the wind.

Kat, always a bit uneasy with Shad's ways, stepped back. "We must notify Omni and Vaype, to gain their council and their help in readying our clan for battle. I will also speed forth on Voodoo's wings to initiate council with our clan's friends, Enigma and Kelmo. For their support of us and assistance will lend greatly to our cause. I will return when arrangements have been made."

Kat began striding to her beast with fiery determination and silent strength. Suddenly, Shad stopped his incantations and spoke. "Kat, be sure the garrisons are fully stocked of armour and potions. Have Dominatrix and her minions begin working full time to sharpen and repair all weapons. Be leary of new names at this time, spys are everywhere. Make sure the mages have plenty of gems to power their words." Kat answered, "It will be so" and continued to her mount.

Staring into the distance, Shad spoke one last time "Young one, you will get that drink you desire. You will drink our enemies blood from the tip of our spears and the goblets of victory. It will be warm, plentiful, and sweet". With a cackle, he began his incantations again....his mind traveling to a different time and plane to converse with the Ancients.

Voodoo's wings roiled the air as she lifted her master in flight. Barely audible over the beating of her wings, the strange tounges could be heard whispering in the wind. As she traveled further, another noise began to whisper in the cool night's air. She could hear far in the distance the sound of two horses pummeling the ground and the laughter of their masters. Setting her face in stone and anchoring her soul in belief, Kat whispered "Aye, Death and War will soon ride. And I too welcome them...for the glory of the Ancients."

A small child awoke with a start in a humble village, she heard a fearsome growl overhead and a maniacal laugh. Her parents ran into her room and grabbed the child tightly, staring at the ceiling and unseen death high above. "Momma, Im scared." And as the child stared into her parents eyes, she knew she should be.

M

Mandolin

"There will be war, Katharine"

The Vampiress looked up from her goblet of warm blood at her husband, eyes wide, "You think?!".

SpyderBite snickered and raised his head to meet her gaze, "Always the wise arse, you are". His own goblet sat untouched on the bone table, the blood within long since quagulated.

Kat placed a hand on his own pale white fingers, "What are your thoughts, my Chosen?".

The Vampire dragged his fingers through his long black hair and sighed heavily, "I just don't know, Love". Shaking his head he continued, "There are only three of us and we don't even know whom is friend and whom is foe yet". Standing, he grabbed his goblet and poured the contents in to the burning fire of the hearth.

The ancient dialect of the Drow drew the couple's attention to where she had stood silent in the shadows until now.

"You both think too much on this", stroding from the shadows, garbed in blood red plate armor and white robes, Mri'Kulssin crossed her arms as she spoke, "You have each been touched directly by Mithras. You, Elg'cahl, have seen Lord British and know what drove his tyrannical deeds. These War Mongers, seek to defend the Evil that seeks to unleash Chaos on the lands". She looked at her Brother and his wife her fierce pitch eyes never leaving the pair, "You can not turn your back on Mithras. To do so would be to laugh at the Blessing that was bestowed upon you".

Katharine and Mri both jumped slightly as SpyderBite threw his goblet in to the hearth fire in a clang of ash and sparks. Spinning he turned to face both women, "What would you have us do? We are not welcome to ride beside the Knights! Grot still holds ill will towards Katharine and her choices!".

The Vampire took a deep breath before continuing, "Any battle that we aid will make us targets by both sides. Yasou has made it clear that all but their Clan and Allies shall be targetted".

The Drow warrior failed to stifle a laugh behind her gloved hand. SpyderBite spun on her growling, fangs bared, "You laugh at our situation?!".

"Nay, Brother", she replied, still smirking, "I laugh at you".

Katharine only stared at the siblings, confused.

Mri sat herself down in one of the two bone thrones, lying her blade across her lap. Looking up at the two who now both stared at the Sword Maiden, she smiled broadly.

"You'd think that either the Damned or Mithras would have at least had the forsight to gift you with some common sense", shaking her head, her smile broadened, "The answer is quite clear".

Both Vampires looked at each other and then to Mri'Kulssin, who stood before them and unsheathed her long Drow scimitar.

"Fight them all".

I

imported_Castor

First Blood

Castor looked at the grim faces at the war council. At one time, the vast table was filled with knights and tales of battle and justice. But now, their numbers were but a harden few. They were the last of their order, one of the few lights left in the land for justice. And whether they liked it or not, war was at their doorstep.

The Knight Regent Siofra briefed the knights on what she knew, the expansion of the wakayama empire, the raids of the shiremen, reports of the wakayama samuri aligning with the forgotten king. The knights mutterred to themselves as they learned more of the evil creeping their land.

But Castor was not listening, he had heard all he needed to hear...War with the Wakayama empire. That is all that mattered to him He found those words distasteful together, and had hoped it never would have come to this. He sipped his ale and watched the fire. He had counted many of the wakayama as friends and even Castor's own welp rode with them, and now he faced the prospect of meeting them on the battlefield......

His brother's voice at the meeting arouse Castor's attention. As the Mayor of Zento, Pollux was charged with protecting the citizenry, who have become ever more fearful of the wakayama clan. Many of the Waka had established outposts around the town, harrassing the citizenry for taxes and tribute for their shogun. The citizens of Zento were mostly farmers and tradesmen, not warriors, and they had very little means of protecting themselves from the wakayama army. Pollux needed aid.

Siofra looked around at the Knights and her gaze fell upon Castor. There was no better choice.

"Castor...you are charged with the protecton of Zento and are the field commander for the Samuri lands" Castor nodded grimly.

Tales of woe greated Castor as he patrolled through the village. The Samuri were more aggressive than originally feared and the villagers were frightened. Although they welcomed Castor's help, they were fearful to provide aid to him, fearful of any repurcussions. They would just stand by and accept whatever was their fate.

Castor rode through the empty town and as he entered the market square, his eyes fell upon a fearful sight. It was the warlord of the Wakadaichi, It was Hugibear himself. Their eyes met for a moment, two warriors each with their own duty and each serving their own master, and with that they charged at each other.

Castor struck the warlord first casting his foul magic. Hugi felt icey hands around his throat, strangling him..For a moment, his guard was down and Castor took advantage, driving his poisoned kryss deep in the warlord's shoulder. But the warlord was a stout warrior, himself a veteran of many wars and although Castor inflicted a heavy blow, it was not sufficient to halt his attack.

With a mighty swing he drove his weapon into Castor with such force, it caused his steed to buckle as it carried him away.

The frightened townsfolk watched as the two warriors attacked and reattacked each other. The watched the wakayama patrol pour through the Zento gate joining thier Warlord in battle. And they watched the tide of the battle turn against the knight.

Castor pulled hard on the reigns of his steed, trying to turn away from the onslaught. He was able to to dodge some of the blows, but not all as he struggled to get away. As his ebony steed turned away from a wakadaichi on a snarling spirit hound, he turned straight into the attack of the Warlord, straight into his fearsome deathstrike. Castor had time to see the Warlord raise his blade and swing at Castor....and then the world went black.

Castor slowly opened his eyes and was met with the insane eyes of one of Minax's healers..

"Im in hell" Castor mutterred to himself when he saw those lunatic's eyes

"Nah boy, Your in Magencia!!!", the insane one exclaimed.

"I am in hell then" Castor replied. He stuggled to his feat. Although the crazed one was able to return him to flesh, he was unable to completely remove the pain of the battle. He made is way through the gate back to zento. All that was left of the battle was a pool of Castor's own blood, some battle supplies and the carcass of his horse. He struggled his way back to Pollux's house, for aid and respite.

Pollux met his wounded brother at the door and helped him to the bed. Many a night he would bind his brother's wounds and he was as skilled a healer as he was a beast master.

"They drew first blood tonight Pol, but the war is far from over....far from over, he said as he drifted into sleep."

I

imported_Felinious-CWS

Felinious sat in his home and listened to what the animals told him by the windows of the happendings in Wakatown. Often times, birds and foxes, would come to the elf ranger and tell him of doings in the lands, this was some of the most ill news they had brought. He was truly confused on why the Shogun of Waka had decided to seek war. The Shire was a place that truly believed in the 8 Virtues that Lord British had set forth to the lands, and defended them at all costs. When the Waka had come to these shores, The White Council had invited them into the depths of Shame to fight the dreaded Harrower, and shared their spoils with them, but now they fought over the same spawns, and sometimes fought daily, but sometimes fought side by side, with the common enemy. A truly confusion lot, he told to a red fox that had curled up at his feet, but if it was war they sought, the old ranger would do his best to make life hard on them, and hunt them in the wilds as much as possible, to report their positions back to the allies he had made his family. He hoped they would learn to fear his bow, as much as his abilty to find them in hidden places....

Jeanna Blackwood fought for he life against Bo of Waka, on the isle of Isamu. It was a long, even enjoyable battle, both seemed incapable of killing each other, although sometimes Bo would do terrible damage, and Jeanna would heal her self quickly, not seeming able to damage the warrior much in return. But then the Shogun susprised her, she assumed he was a Shogun, much like a Knight in her world. Another Waka came, then another Waka came, she evevn heard the chanting of the conjuring of a revernt, surely 3 waka and a summoned evil, was not needed to kill the likes of her, so unskilled in the sword that she was. She got away from two of them but when the third joined in with his spells, death came quickly. She found a nice monk in her ghostly form, he brought her back to life, she sat by a tree and gathered her thoughts. Why had the Shogon, a represenative of the great leader Lord British, attacked her, and why when there was such an honrable fight, did he feel the need to call in help, the young warrior asked her self out loud...the monk did not give much of a responce. Jeanna headed back to Wispwood, and readied herself for the next fight, as she learned the news from her friend Felinious.

G

Grot

The old man sighs deeply as he tosses the missive from the silent one into the hearth. "And so it happens again."

The old parrot perched beside the chair looks over quizically.

'Dene," the old man asks, addressing the parrot, "what is it that causes men to war?"

"War" replies the parrot.

"Perhaps, but I fail to concede that war for the sake of war is justification enough to any rational being. There must be something else."

"Justification" squaks the parrot.

"I can somewhat understand the orcs and possibly even the drow. They have been saturated in violence and a hatred of humans and elves from birth. But that doesn't explain this situation."

"Violence" says the parrot, as he shuffles to the other side of the perch.

"That has proven to solve nothing. History has shown that groups who try to rule by violence will fall. Consider the Undead Lords. Consider the Guardian's Chosen. Consider all the others who have raged across the land, only to fall from within, consumed by their own violence. How could any rational person not see this?"

"Undead" rasps the parrot eerily.

"Yes, but the undead are driven by an unnatural lust for blood or souls or power. That is not the case here, these are alive. They have familes to go home to and to worry about. "

"Home" croaks the parrot, before scractching an itch under his wing.

"This can't be about a place to make a home." replies the old man. "They live far away. There is plenty of land for the taking around their town. Plenty between them and us. There must be another reason."

"British" squaks the parrot, ever so softly.

The old man starts and stares at the parrot oddly. After a moment, he shakes his head slightly. "British isn't the cause of this, he's just a scapegoat. The Ministers of Taxation used the same excuse, but it was well known that he would not protect them from their own actions, nor did he sanction them. It is easy to claim to follow the decree of someone who is absent and unable to say otherwise. You know as well as I that taxation under the guise of murder and war is not right in any reasonable man's eyes."

"Right!" squaks the parrot loudly.

"I wonder that sometimes myself. Am I right? Do we still uphold the right principles? Have we strayed? I think not. Over the years the fighting has made us harder, but we still follow the Virtues. Wispwood is still worth fighting for. Our friends still follow the same principles. Everyone changes, but our core remains the same."

"Hard" says the parrot as he pecks at the perch.

"Yes, it's hard. Nothing worth fighting for comes easy. So again, we sharpen our swords. Again we oil our armor. Again we saddle our mounts. Again we defend Wispwood and its people."

"Wispwood!" yells the parrot, flapping his wings wildly.

"Aye, Wispwood. For as long as there is one Citizen, the Shire will exist, and as long as there is one, that one will fight. And there will _always_ be one."

"Old" squaks the parrot.

"Aye, so very old..."

The old man stands up slowly. "Time to call the council. The Citizens should be warned of this war. Thinking back though, have they ever truly known peace?" He glances at the parrot on its perch. "Sorry I missed our talk tonight, Dene, I was lost in thought. Soon, I promise."

With that, the old man lights a candle and climbs the stairs slowly.

"Peace" the old bird squaks longingly, watching him go.

M

Mandolin

The Vampire SpyderBite.. the Day Walker.. stormed from the Tomb unable to accept Mri'Kulssin's words. To wage war on the war itself was not the answer. Silently, he summoned his ghostly steed, a Unicorn as dark as the shadows themselves. He rode hard towards the Umbra Moongate, a missive he'd not answered yet, clutched in his leather clad grip.

The Knight studied the Vampire in his ice white robes and blood red armor. The wicked Kryss at his hip, corroded by the toxins that had been applied to it so many times. He was suddenly aware that the Undead man before him was watching him.

"So", started the Knight, a little uneasy having been lost in his own thoughts, "What do you say, SpyderBite".

SpyderBite smirked, shook his head slowly and stood. "Aye, Aeric", he said, extending a ghostly white hand to the Knight of MYTH, "We shall back join you and the others. We will fight back those who oppose Mithras".

Aeric Horn breathed a sigh of relief and smiled, "Excellent!", taking the Vampire's hand, he shook it vigorously.

"Know this Aeric", SpyderBite's face grew suddenly serious, "Katharine, myself and Mri will fight with you and the other guilds too small to choose a side in this war. However, we have been outcasts for a very long time. We will be cautious and watch for betrayal".

"Of course, My lord. Give to Trust for now though. It's all that us with little power in these lands have in this time of impending war".

The Vampire, SpyderBite, nodded slowly in acknowledgement.

"We will put our Trust in you Aeric. Do not fail us.. and we shall not fail you".

With that, SpyderBite leaped upon his undead mount and bolted towards Luna to share the details of the meeting with his wife and sister.

Y

Yasou Wakayama

The Parchments

The four parchments had been signed – Yasou reviewed them each… he called in Weinan to deliver the missive to Shad. The wording of this parchment was clear, WAKA consider EB2 the enemy – word at reached Wakatown that Shad and the knights of TnT had signed a cooperative pact with this enemy. Most of the WAKA clan considered TnT a non-threat if not exactly a friend but to lie with wolves begat wolf like tendancies. This would be dealt with now …

Shad, and your Clansmen in TnT, greeting. It has come to the attention of the Wakayama Empire that your clan is in legion with our enemies in EB2. If thou thinks that this alliance shall continue unimpeded you are mistaken. Mayhaps your clan should leave this alliance forthwith or thou shall face the wrath of our fury. Thou hast this choice. Leave this alliance so that we shall continue to have security and peace amoung our clans. Or stay and and deal with the consequences. Our armies are pledged to assist in restoring the laws of Lord British on these lands – up to now your clan has not been listed as offenders. However if any of your clan are not paying their lawful customs; or if you or your clan are exacting from the citizenry any new customs or duties which they have not been accustomed to pay and which they ought not to pay. And if any one should maliciously transgress this order, full justice will be done to him without delay.

Make your decision …

Yasou Wakayama, Shogun Iragael Shabba Wakayama
Wasabi Wakayama Obake Yamamoto
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The parchment to Otis and the Devils Rejects was of a different tone. The parchment to their clan effectively ended their participation in the WAKA alliance. He handed the missive to Akane to deliver.

Otis Driftwood and our friends in DR …

Our time of cooperative partnership has ended. There will be great turmoil in the coming months with our Clan and our allies as we pursue those who have violated the rules established by Lord British. While we shant explain our reasoning behind this partnership with the vacant king – we will say that it is for the benefit of our own Empire and we are certain you can relate with this. We request that you do not violate the laws – pay your taxes upon request – and inform the Waka Clan of any forays into the Lost Lands. We do not wish you as an enemy.

Fair thee well …

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shogun looked at the large list of violations that had been presented to him by Kisho Wakadachi … the White Council it seemed had long ago dispatched the standing laws and taken on a set of rules for themselves. This was not going to be pleasant as he personally had a good rapport with several of the citizens of Wintermoor, but an oath came before friendship, and if a friend must be taxed … well then so be it … he nodded and rolled the parchment handing it to Makani for delivery.

Siofra, the fallen knights of the silver serpent and the tarnished souls of the White Council alliance …

We, the Wakayama Clan have declared a pact with the armies of Lord British and have sworn to uphold the laws of the kingdom. I repeat in part the directives given to us by the representative of Lord British where the list of your combined crimes, which to now have been unpunished have been listed. Please take note that it is our prerogative to seek the rectification of each item listed therein, be by exacting in taxes or blood matters not. Consider the easier method … if in due time you have not made amends financially expect the spilling of the blood of your brethren …

The Crimes of the White Council
These be the points, cause and mischiefs of gathering and assembling of us, the king's loyal servants, which we trust to Almighty God to remedy, with the help and the grace of God and of our sovereign lord the king, and the poor commons of Sosoria, and else we shall die therefore: We, considering that the king our sovereign lord, by the insatiable, covetous, malicious persons that daily and nightly are about his highness, and daily inform him that good is evil and evil is good:
Item. They say that our sovereign is above his laws to his pleasure, and he may make it and break it as he pleases, without any distinction. The contrary is true. (The towns of Wintermoor and Wispwood Shire make their own laws and refute the king as proper lawmaker) For this volition a tax of 2.5 million gold pieces is levied on each township – in addition their “mayors” much swear allegiance to the proper king – Lord British.
Item. They say that the commons of Sosoria would first destroy Lord British’s friends and afterward the remnants of his kingdom, and then bring the Py Lethius to be king so that by their false means and lies they may make him to hate and destroy his friends, and cherish his false traitors. (In the absence of the true King – Py Lethius and the White Council tried to establish themselves as lawmakers and law enforcers of the lands) For this violation Py Lethius himself must ante 1 million gold coins and stand in public for flogging. After this public humiliation he will stand in servitude as a True Brit until he has regained favor.
Item. They take advantage of public transportation and the usage of public facilities and yet do not do any servitude to the kingdom or pay taxes for their usage. (Moongates and banks are used frivolously by the members of the White Council without thought to their financial upkeep). A safe estimate at 10gp per use over the course of the past year – 800k to clear this violation.
Item. The town of Wispwood Shire hosts a weekly tournament of combat. Yet the vassals of Lord British have not seen any taxes generated through smithy and tailor repares, percentages of revenue from the events or any taxes whatsoever. As the violators are both the Shire and a citizen named Hoffs both are charged a penalty of 500k and Hoffs must also hold a public tourney at the Wrong Arena where taxes for the kingdom may be collected.
Item. The town of Wispwood Shire hosts a weekly gathering at their tavern and yet have made no tax payments for the spirits consumed within. While the laws state that there shall be no taxation on food – all spirits carry a tax of 2gp per bottle. Judging by the condition of some attendees for the past year – a fee of 200k will suffice to clear past debt and a fee of 500gp per night for each future Story Night shall be collected.
Item. The White Council guilds are venturing into the Lost Lands without first informing the kingdom or paying the necessary tax. (The Lost Lands are offlimits until a proper method of taxation has been established – for now a permit can be issued upon prior consent). Any White Council member seen in the Lost lands will be escorted out or forcibly removed unless a permit has been issued.
Item. We will that it be known we will not rob, nor plunder, nor steal, but that these defaults be amended, and then we will go home; wherefore we exhort all the king's true liege men to help us, to support us, for whatsoever he be that will not that these defaults be amended. As some of the citizenry has complained as to the behavior of certain White Council members as to plundering the fallen in Luna – an investigation will begin. Opportunistic looting is frowned upon – if a crime has been committed and the foes is dispatched – looting is a right … however to pick the corpse of a fallen where you took no action in his/her dispatch will be punished.

So sayeth the Servants of Lord British.

As Representatives of the absent King we take the above items as our mantle to carry.
Make your decision …

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Shogun looked at the 4th and final parchment – he would have liked to deliver this one himself but he instead called Wing in to deliver the missive … this one had confused those in the room but in the end they had signed and agreed.

Maleeka, the proprietors of Crafters Corner, and other crafters of the lands …

There will be great turmoil in the coming months with our Clan and our allies as we pursue those who have violated the rules established by Lord British. While we shant explain our reasoning behind this partnership with the vacant king – we will say that it is for the benefit of our own Empire and we are certain as business people can relate with this. In this time of warfare we will need perhaps more goods and services then in the past. We are willing to contract certain goods which will give you immunity from any past infraction against the laws of the land. We also request that if you see any violations of the laws you communicate this to us as well and we will ensure justice is served and a reward will be furnished to you.

(Maleeka make sure Gwendar and the other crafters of the lands are made aware of this notice at your next meeting of the Crafters Guild)

To our Mutual success …

The Shogun looked around the room … their four parchments had been sent to be delivered yet something seemed wrong. He looked to his new seer, “Why is it that I am feeling we have more yet to do to prepare?”

Obake nodded, “There are two more parchments that must be delivered … one to Kelmo in Iantown … and one to Aeric Horn of MYTH.”

The five men huddled around the table as the discussed the contents of the next two missives. The Shogun looked at the hourglass … nighttime was still several hours away, they could get these out today as well.

M

Mandolin

Aeric Horn and the Vampire SpyderBite looked at each other and nodded in acknowledgement. They turned to Nuriko and signaled her to ready her sword. The former crafter looked slightly nervous, yet excited at the same time. This would be first blood for the woman.

The trio leaped through the Moongate at the shrine of Spirituality. Weapons ready they found themselves in the middle of a skirmish around the Yew portal. SpyderBite wasted no time and launched himself at the first Wakayama clan member he sighted. Aeric and Nuriko followed suit and joined the battle screaming "For Mithras! For the Circle of the Flame!".

The three were no match against battle hardened Wakayama and the other opportunists that came at them over and over. Falling several times to the followers of the False King, they retreated in quick order to re-arm. While bandaging their wounds and pride, they looked at each other and soon were laughing heartily.

"Spyder", laughed Aeric between grunts of pain as Nuriko stitched up a large wound on his arm, "You have certainly lived up to your reputation tonite".

The Vampire grimaced as he applied a strip of cloth to arrow wound in his calf, "How so, Aeric?".

Aeric and Nuriko looked at each other, then at the Vampire, unable to hide their mirth. As one they said, "You truly are the worst warrior in these lands!".

SpyderBite bared his fangs and hissed at his two commrades as they laughed at his expense. His growl quickly turned in to laughter as well and soon all three were laughing and speaking of the battle long in to the night.

As the Vampire lie on the ground just outside the glow of the campfire, his thoughts were of Katharine. She would have enjoyed the failed raid this evening. He had almost woken her for it, but she had been sound asleep after an active day in the company of the Priestess of the Knights.

The war had not yet come to any official announcement.. but the Circle of the Flame had certainly made it clear on which side they stood. Still small in numbers, SpyderBite hoped that Aeric's plan would remedy that. An invitation to the smaller guilds who wish to stand against the tyranny of the Wakayama and their ilk. To oppose the False King. As individual guilds they could not sway the conflict with much influence. But, as one force, certainly they'd catch the attention of the White Councel.

The Vampire smiled as he fell in to a slumber, muttering to himself, "Outcasts.. perhaps. But many outcasts.. that's an army".

M

Maleeka

Maleeka read the missive a third time, making sure she understood what Yasou was presenting her with. How could he ask her to turn her back on her customers, many of which opposed the Wakayama's intentions? How could she turn her back on her friends? She looked out the window, across the desert where the Tomb stood. Where SpyderBite and Katharine slumbered. Slowly shaking her head, she set her quill to the parchment before her on the desk.

Dearest Yasou,

You ask much of me. Almost too much, my love. You would ask me to betray my friends... my Family.

She looked back out over the desert at the Tomb, then continued writing with a sigh.

Of course, there is nothing you can ask of me that I will not do for you. Please do not take advantage of that influence you have over me, Shogun. You are asking me to give up much for your cause. If you can live with that.. then tell me what you wish me to do and it shall be so.

Much love,

Maleeka

After sprinkling fine sand over the ink so it would set, she rolled up the note and whistled for the white dove that sat near by on a perch. She attached the missive to it's leg and set it loose through an open window. Watching the ivory bird take flight in the direction of Waka town, she pulled her robe around her tightly. She was unsure if the chill was from the cold Umbra breeze or an uneasiness of events yet to unfold as a result of her actions.

S

Shad-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Shad, and your Clansmen in TnT, greeting. It has come to the attention of the Wakayama Empire that your clan is in legion with our enemies in EB2. If thou thinks that this alliance shall continue unimpeded you are mistaken. Mayhaps your clan should leave this alliance forthwith or thou shall face the wrath of our fury. Thou hast this choice. Leave this alliance so that we shall continue to have security and peace amoung our clans. Or stay and and deal with the consequences. Our armies are pledged to assist in restoring the laws of Lord British on these lands – up to now your clan has not been listed as offenders. However if any of your clan are not paying their lawful customs; or if you or your clan are exacting from the citizenry any new customs or duties which they have not been accustomed to pay and which they ought not to pay. And if any one should maliciously transgress this order, full justice will be done to him without delay.

Make your decision …

Weinan stood across the table from Shad, Kat, Vaype and Omni, even the brave and honorable warrior felt unease staring into the eyes that had just heard an ultimatum from his master. Between the hissing of the rune beetle, the glimmering blades on Omni's belt, the magical fire swirling around Vaype's hands, and Shads dead eyes, he knew death could visit him in an instant. But as always and with honor, he carried forth steadfastly in the mission assigned to him and strove to show no weakness.

"Honorable Weinan, leave us for a moment. Go and enjoy an ale in the Tavern and allow us to discuss this message that you have brought us. We will be but a moment I believe." Weinan, somewhat surprised, nodded and with that Shad stood, stride across the room and embraced him. "Thank you brother Weinan". Weinan smiled, "Tis my honor, Sire".

As Weinan turned to leave, he believed he heard a familiar incantation from Vaype. Suddenly, he felt an invisible hand grip him in a vice and his ability to move was frozen. Every muscle in his body strained to retrieve his weapon, but not even his mouth could be made to utter words.

The four walked into the view of the living statue. Vaype continued to usher forth commands that controlled the etheral void's grip on the frightened messenger.

Shad spoke "You dare to walk into my dwelling to tell us how to behave or live our lives? Your master thinks he has that power or that we were friends? Nay, foolish one. Your clan simply served a purpose for awhile, that you thought we were fond of your kind is a part of the illusion necessary. Did we ever sign an alliance with you? Or did we merely stall you and make use of you when it served the purpose of helping our clan? Arrogance and pride blinds the wise and makes all foolish. You follow a fool and will be lead to a fool's end." Shad spit in the face of the man who knew his fate was near.

"When you awaken in the next life," Kat said demurely "remember that we bend our knees to no mortal or fake god, we take direction only from the Ancients and are only loyal to those the Ancients have brought to us in the dream world. This army, tax, and false king you reference are the very reasons we have entered this realm; the very focal point of our wrath." With that, Kat uttered a command to her beast. In the blink of an eye, the creatures fangs ripped open Weinans armour and belly. His entrails fell to the floor and the poison took deep hold into his system. His eyes began to dialate with sheer terror as the posion brought foam to his silent lips. In his mind, the pain was horrific and all consuming. He began to scream, but no noise escaped...only in his mind did he hear himself.

Omni removed his blades and crossed his arms as he raised them, resting a blade on either side of the messengers neck. "Remember these words when you awake again. Remember these blades as they will seek you out again." And in a swift motion, Omni severed the head from the dying body.

As the last bits of oxygen cycled through Weinans brain, he realized he was looking up at his tormentors and he could see his crumpled body on the floor. Above the terror, he remembered his training and committed the message to memory..."War it will be". He felt one last searing pain to his temple as darkness enveloped him.

Shad kicked the head and it rolled across the floor to rest in the corner. "Omni, prepare to send our message back to the fake empire. If his horse was good, it will know its way home." Omni picked up the head and started to shoulder the body on his body. "Wait!" Kat spoke out, "We wouldnt want them to not fully understand our feelings or not be diplomatic." With that she crumpled the parchment and stuffed it into the mouth of the recently departed. She began to chuckle and the others joined in, "You are the diplomatic one, Kat!" Vaype said in a roar of laughter.

"Very well, our course is set. Inform the others and ready the garrisons. The horseman have shown themselves and their intent is clear. War it will be with those of the East and their allies. I am sure Kelmo and Enigma are well aware, but still send a carrier pigeon with our intentions. Their support is known, but lets be sure they know ours. Vaype, after Omni sends the 'message', you and he need to take personal charge of readying the clan for war. Kat, you and I have some additional business to attend to at this time."

Shad and Kat began to stride to the Temple, when Vaype called to them. "I understand that on the field of battle we will now being siding with knights that support false gods and governments, Myth and Silver Serpents adorning their armour. How is this right?!" Kat answered, "It is right as it supports the vision the Ancients have given us and they can help us at this time." Vaype listened intently and nodded his agreement, albeit a bit reluctantly as the sense of independence was strong in him. Omni paused under the weight of the 'message' and asked, "And if we find these 'necessary friends' away from battle that will rage with the Waka warriors?" Shad and Kat looked at each other and grinned; Shad answered with a cackling laughter "Well, aside from the field of battle's necessities, nothing has changed. So if the fancy strikes you, then kill them all and claim our treasures for the Ancients. We will only honor our true allies that the Ancients have given us; and only them will we honor at all times."

Vaype and Omni smiled, "Aye, that is good."

With that the four set out with specific tasks and with one common thought...War.

G

*Miranda pens a tiny missive*

It appears that the scent of war has created a form of diseased self annihilating insanity amongst the citizenry.

Shad and Kat began to stride to the Temple, when Vaype called to them. "I understand that on the field of battle we will now being siding with knights that support false gods and governments, Myth and Silver Serpents adorning their armour. How is this right?!" Kat answered, "It is right as it supports the vision the Ancients have given us and they can help us at this time." Vaype listened intently and nodded his agreement, albeit a bit reluctantly as the sense of independence was strong in him. Omni paused under the weight of the 'message' and asked, "And if we find these 'necessary friends' away from battle that will rage with the Waka warriors?" Shad and Kat looked at each other and grinned; Shad answered with a cackling laughter "Well, aside from the field of battle's necessities, nothing has changed. So if the fancy strikes you, then kill them all and claim our treasures for the Ancients. We will only honor our true allies that the Ancients have given us; and only them will we honor at all times."

Shad and Kat looked at each other and grinned; Shad answered with a cackling laughter "Well, aside from the field of battle's necessities, nothing has changed. So if the fancy strikes you, then kill them all ...............

Nary expect that the citizenry of KSS are fools nor clowns Sire and Mam. Ye just professed ye intentions towards us *off the battlefield* ....that if ye fancy strikes ye all to kill us then kill us.

So whilst ye lookin for that heal or cure even from me out there as ye health deteriorates remember ye words and know why I shant ...cast upon ye to save ye lives in battle with Waka nor res which I can do. Nay I shant do these tiny tasks for anyone that finds fancy suiting them to kill myself nor my brothers and sisters. I will just refrain from assisting thee as ye lives deteriorate before ye eyes. For ye see even in war, ye can not have ye cake and eat it too ! One can not USE people for their own asssistance while toying with exterminating them when ye no longer need their help. No one in my fold tis such a fool to be so ...USED by others !

*bows*

Miranda, humble craftswoman of the KSS

T

Tark_Smash

Vaype pulled the skull from the couldron and placed it on the table. “How nice of Weinan to give me another additon to my collection”, he hissed.
Turning around he spoke to the group that had gathered in his private quarters, “we are on the verge of a war my friends, the Wakayama’s have seen fit to tax our lands and try to take the gold that is rightfully ours”. “The roads and hills will run red with blood”, he grinned, “ may the Ancients have mercy on their souls”.

S

Shad-SP

*chuckles*

And if on the field of battle you find that it suits you to not heal or help your enemie's enemy, then you are very much the fool you profess not to be.

As far as when we are away from the common enemy, then what has changed? Nothing. What makes you think this is any change from our existing ways? Just because we have or not cross swords in the past, that could be due to nothing more than our fancy at the moment. As I said, nothing has changed. And had any of my clan decided to take the head of one of your mates prior to this, it would of been perfectly acceptable to me. Nothing has changed on that front.

As far as using your magic to help or hinder us, then please feel free. It makes no difference to me as I wouldnt rely on one who worships false gods nor would I expect such individuals, so entrenched in their absolute values, to understand the Ancients ways.

So act however you please, and we will as well. As I have said, your words and hollow threats stir no fear in my heart or concern in my mind. But I believe you understand me correctly, this is a necessity in this hour and nothing more or less.

G

Miranda pens another tiny missive.

Shogun:

The world and it's history is full of empires who's leaders have gone insane or mad with the drink ! Mayhaps ye have had way too much sake in your blood stream of late.

I can not speak for all my sisters nor brothers but let me say, the day ye see a KSS bow to you or Lord British, or to permit or accept public humiliation as some form of your punishment or justifications for ordering such is the day I no longer remain KSS. IE COLD DAY IN HELL that we will just lamely permit ourselves to be publically humiliated as servile clowns to ye and your insane empire. But that is just me I can not speak for the rest of my kin.

As I said to ye when I fired me tiny wimpy arrows into ye loins the other day, this humble crafter whom can not fight would rather DIE a thousand nay million deaths a million times over than to be bowing to tyranny or crazy manmen or petty dictators.

Ye see the one thing ye do not fathom is ye can kill a body a million times over, you can never kill their spirit their soul their faith, nor their beliefs in fact history is also proven martyrdom oft win more to the side of truth and justice and freedom, than butchers can ever win over.
Ye can win the battles, ye can kill the bodies many times over, yet ye will never win "the" war, nor the souls nor minds nor spirits of freedom, within sane and decent mankind.

Sol Invictus

Miranda, Willingly a Martyr for TRUTH HONOR HONESTY FREEDOM &amp; JUSTICE !!!

G

And if on the field of battle you find that it suits you to not heal or help your enemie's enemy, then you are very much the fool you profess not to be.
Oh no sire tis not me that is the fool. There have been some within your fold that have been friends of mine a long time and nary once harm me or mine nor us them. Nor hath we used each other. . mutually respecting differing beliefs and opinions between us.

That has now changed. I do not heal mine enemies at all nor the enemy of mine enemy when they profess to "now" wish to kill us for a whim or to try to USE us.

Call me the fool all ye wish, does not make it so, but then mine loyaties and friends in this realm do not twist in the wind like tumbling tumbleweeds using their loyalties or others, nor changing their public image, with every new breeze that comes around in the world.

Yon Kat hath never been harmed/killed in Wintermoor nor anywhere when I had all me shoppes, nor have I harmed by her...tis changed now, as per your own decree to use us in the battlefield as is convenient for ye all, and then kill us willy nilly off the battlefield now as it suits ye all.

Tumbling tumbleweeds changing direction, image with the winds of war.

S

Shad-SP

*chuckles more*

Ahh, now a crafter of KSS speaks for its military ambitions? I see.

And what makes you think we have not been using you up to this point? What makes you think you have not been the fool all this time, stocking our armories so that we might use them against you or giving us runes to your locations?

Again, nothing has changed in our thoughts of the knights misguided loyalties to a false god. Take that for what you will.

As far as changing positions as a tumbleweed rolling across the ground. Again you speak the words of one who only see's a little and has even less understanding. We are steadfast in our ways and philosophy, nothing has changed.

G

Ahh, now a crafter of KSS speaks for its military ambitions? I see.

Nay sir I speak from the heart not the militaristic avenues of the guild.

And what makes you think we have not been using you up to this point? What makes you think you have not been the fool all this time, stocking our armories so that we might use them against you or giving us runes to your locations?

If ye have all used me and my mates, go you ! For ye see when ye all asked me if I would join ye ranks when my own guild was diminished I declined. I value the fact that my guild uses NOT other citizens like they are means to our own end. We do not USE people.

I speak only for myself sire, I remain always steadfast loyal to KSS, for their moral fiber, their virtues and for other reasons you and yours would never be able comprehend. Congratulations upon using me or my brethren thus far, if ye have. Unlike ye we shant return that form of deception nor treachery onto innocent others.

I shall end my comments to ye here and now for good for this is a Waka made war, as the shogun has proclaimed upon all here, death, dying and destruction awaits us all.

Good Day Sir !

G

Ginsu-SP

Aeric rode into the darkness....

It was a long ride from Luna to Myth, and he had a lot of time to reflect on recent events.

It had not been long since The Guardians of Myth returned to Siege lands... Aeric had hoped to bind MYTH to KSS... the people and beliefs of KSS being very close to his heart... but that was not to be. Aeric's memories of his time in KSS were his favorite ones from these lands. Memories, however, are very often polished by time. Even though a binding of the two groups was not to be, they still shared common beliefs, had the same enemies, and the same ultimate goals. And so MYTH had built their village of Myth just outside Wintermoor.

These had been bittersweet days... having to prove to old friends that he was indeed honorable, building this new village, and building and training a new guild. Joy and sadness at the same time. But joy had been the victor in the battle for his spirit... for The Guardians of Myth were like family, ever ready for adventure, and always brightening Aeric's outlook when the sadness of the past cast it's shadow.

And now... war was upon the White Council. Aeric felt honorbound to aid the WC in anyway he could. But his group was small, and new to combat... they would be of little use alone. And so Aeric began to think of other small groups who would also fight alongside the WC.... Spyderbite, and Severina immediately came to mind. Without even consulting his mates he called these friends together and formed the Circle of The Flame alliance. Nuriko had been close at hand when this alliance was formed, and as an inaugural event Aeric, Spyderbite, and Nuriko had assaulted a Wakayama position unsuccessfully... yet made their presence and intentions known.

It was from these battles that a weary Aeric now rode... toward Myth, and his waiting mates. How would he explain this... his dedication to the WC, enough to plunge them into war... and an alliance with vampires?

As the hour was late, he expected everyone to be asleep... but the lights in The Golden Ingot Saloon shone brightly, and lively music and happy voices could be heard at a great distance.

After stabling his mount, Aeric strode into the saloon and Nuriko grabbed his hands and spun him around dancing to a lively tune. She had beaten him back to town by using her magic. Aeric had needed the ride, and night air to help him organize his thoughts.

Drexton was the first to speak.
"Nuriko says we are now allied with vampires? I believed we were to hold to the virtuous path brother."
Aeric took a deep breath.
"Aye, tis true, our allies are vampires... but they are not the same as some others. They are daywalkers, and live among us trying to live as honorably as we do. What is important is that they are our friends, and they oppose the tyranny of British, and Wakayama."
Skada the Haakun scout then spoke up.
"Why is this war even neccessary? British's minions do not bother us here in Myth."
"We must stand for what we believe in, or tyranny may well expand to even our secluded home. If we are to raise The Ancient Order of Myth, and be respected as honorable knights in these lands... we will have to stand NOW against tyranny."
Everyone grew quiet... the prospect of war was grim, but these were brave and honorable people and Aeric knew they would stand beside him.

Aeric took the ancient sword of Myth down from it's place of honor, held it out and shouted "BY THE BLOOD OF KRILL HATCHETT!!" which caused the sword to glow amber. He then rested the point of the sword on the tavern tile and his hand on the hilt. "Who will stand with me!?" And immediately there were ten hands on top of his own.
"STRENGTH AND HONOR!"
and this was answered by the sweetest chorus Aeric had ever heard....
"STRENGTH AND HONOR!"

Y

Yasou Wakayama

Obake entered the guardtower at Yamatown shortly after nightfall. Isoroku and others were gathered and drinking sake as was their usually afternoon custom. He looked over their eyes and most were already glazed with hours of drink … excessive drink was not the custom but today perhaps there was a reason that his brothers and sisters were so frivolous in their revelry.

“Arr brother thou hast returned,” slurred Isoroku, “Join us for some ale. Xavier has once again brought us good tidings this is a happy day.”

Xavier was seated at a table alone from the crowd. His cloak was pulled low over his eyes but Obake knew that he was stone cold sober. “Speak to me brother.”

Xavier looked up. “Seems this talk of war has raised the ire of many. The threat of violence against the WC has sprung some support from unlikely sources. In addition it seems the WC may also need to watch their backs against the EB2 alliance and TnT.”

“I can see why everyone is pleased. To get the various alliances pitted against each other as well is exactly what we hoped for. Besides WAKA fighting multiple fronts and multiple alliances, those same disjointed alliances will have to watch each others backs.” Obake smiled and reached for the sake. “Xavier my brother it is only a matter of time and you will be sitting with me in the house of the Shogun.”

Xavier sat ramrod straight and showed no emotion … he stared above the deathtalker into the vast nothingness that only he could see.

---------- Hours earlier ---------

Yasou handed the parchment to Kanaye. “Leave this on the door to the mayors home.” He handed him a sack with a severed sheeps head. “Place this on the stoop. Use stealth and make sure you are not seen.” Kanaye nodded and then vanished.

Mayor Kelmo …
You have been harboring enemies of the Wakayama Empire within the borders of your village. Shake hands with Waka emissaries with your right hand while holding a sharpened dagger with your left. A declaration of war has been sent to the group you give safe harbor to. We expect that you and your citizens will ride with them into battle. No quarter will be shown to you nor any of the I^A clan. Our sources have made it clear that Iantown is not the peaceful enclave it claims to be. The streets of your village will flow red with the blood of your citizens. When you are sick over the carnage you may seek a parlay … until then let the blood flow.

Prepare for war…

Wasabi passed a parchment to Mizo. “Their village lies south west of Wintermoor. Find any villager and give them the document instruct them to find this Aeric Horn. Perhaps remain in dog form until you see a child.” Mizo took the parcel and some candy and disappeared.

Aeric Horn …
It has come to the attention of the Wakayama Empire that you are gathering small tribes together as an alliance. Our understanding it is your intent to aid the White Council in their war against our kingdom and the forces of Lord British. As evidenced from your skirmish with our forces around Yew a night past, your men and your combined forces are not yet up to the task. Rumors have reached us of the odd make-up of your group … misfit vampires that walk in the day … tamers of the Ruby Grail … A misfit gang that we doubt would be seen favorably by the judgemental White Council. Think carefully before you throw your sword into the conflict, is the risk worth the reward? Know that any strike against a member of our Empire will result in the bloodflow of three of your number.

Choose your actions well…

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Old knight groaned inwardly as he sunk into the chair behind his desk. This was
the fourth patrol he had led since the announcement of the WAKA hostilities. Only twice had he even seen the WAKA soldiers, their bodies laying on the ground next to thier VMP allies. He shook his head thinking about how he used to think WAKA was honorable, seems the "good" shogun will fight beside anyone, as long as he furthers his egotistical dreams. His weary hand trembled slightly as he penned his report.

Knight Regeant,
I have patrolled the lands of sosaria with soldiers of the white council, and I have yet to come upon more than 7 WAKA/YAMA/VMP/SAS forces. I am not sure if they are formally allied, but I am positive they fight together on the field of battle. It would seem there main battle tactic would to make a running fight until they close upon one of thier tamers with the invisible spell masking them, and upon the instance of either a person being judged red or grey under Lord British's laws, the tamer will "all kill" and the invisible mare and beetle will leap out on top of the unfortunate victim. He has truly embraced the laws of lord British and uses them to his advantage! Outside of Lord Britsh's strongholds though, we have only come across a few scattered corpses and no substantial presence.
In closing Regeant, I do not see any reason to muster all our forces at this time. I have not seen enough of a threat to warrant sending anymore than just Miranda to fight them at this time. It might also benefit us sending a healer to see if the shogun has caught syphilus from one of his new lands concubines, thusly making him delusional, and see an army that does not exist.
I will continue to patrol normally till I hear your response to this missive.

Rizarium

Folding the report carefully, The old knight removed his signet......pouring wax onto the fold...sealed the letter with his seal. He hands the report to his squire...knowing it will be delivered immediatley....

M

Mandolin

SpyderBite dreamed.

Contrary to the ingnorance of most Mortals; Vampires dreamed. They dreamed of their pre-life.. before they were Turned.

Visions of many battles passed before the Undead one's sleeping mind. Battles he'd fought along side the Shogun. Aside the Lord Commander Py Lethius. Smaller skirmishes too.. laughing and running close behind the Sherriff Spree of Iantown, as the uncivilized Vampires rode close on their trail.

In his sleep, the Vampire smiled. He longed for the battles of honor again.

With a small scream, SpyderBite sat up straight in his bed. He looked down on Katharine who slept soundly, undisturbed by his outburst. Touching the golden locks of her hair, he smiled sadly at her. She would follow him back in to the Void if he only asked her to. She would enjoy the battles to come. Almost too much, he thought, grinning.

Reflecting on the visions of his dreams, he realized something. In the heat of battle, various members of the Wakayama Clan had no problem dropping him to the ground while he fought to assist them against the likes of Revolution. On the other hand, the Knights, never took his life in such a scenario. With the exception of Captain Castor, who doled out a well earned punishment in the dueling arena in Wintermoor, never has a Knight raised a blade to him.

SpyderBite laid back down beside his wife and fell back in to a slumber.. longing for the visions of his pre-life when there was honor and respect on the battlefield. And, he prayed that the upcoming War on the horizon shined the same virtues as well.

I

imported_Bo Bo

Bo laughs at you good sir. Thou douth not know what thee is speaking. Thier is no alliance on field or off bewteen The Mighty Clan, and the lowly vampires. Thou sayest theen hath only seen small patrols of the Wakas. If thine troops put up more of a fight, thou will see more wakas. Hath thou forgotten of the slaughter at the Lady of the Snow. KSS forces were massacre by only 3 wakas. Wasabi the bloodthristy, Evan Spitfire a most deadly mage, whos magic fell upon thee so termedously thine smoking boots were all twas left, and myself.
Bo knows you will parish for your ill spoken words. For you sir are nothing more but meer fodder for Bo's horse.

G

The small half-elven scribe stopped, having come to the end of the scroll.

"That is all, milord." she said to her blind employer. "Do ye need me to re-read any or all of it to thee?"

Otto leaned back in his comfortable chair, a thoughtful look on his face.
A look that slowly turned into a smile, and then a grin.
Then he laughed.

Long, loud and heartily, he laughed.

"Nay, scribe, nay! I think to hear such a tale twice would cause me to laugh so hard, I would harm myself!" He mopped tears of laughter from his face, trying to control his mirth.

"Milord? This is a declaration of war. It threatens ye, and your fellows of Wintermoor, and many of your allies! Did ye mishear? I do not see the joke."

"Ah, Beatrice, I laugh, because of the sheer pomposity of that scroll.
Men will always ramble on at great length when they know their actions to be evil, and wish them to be seen as just - and here is the most hillarious example I have heard in many a year. It is just as funny as the first time I had that scroll read to me, many moons ago, in the libraries of Wintermoor."

"First time, milord? This scroll arrived but a short while ago - a runner came from Wintermoor with a copy for thee."

"Nay. This copy, and the one that recently arrived in Wintermoor, may have fresh ink, but the words are not new. That is the other reason I laugh. it is simply that I have heard that same tale before. To the very letter, I have heard it before."

"Milord?"

"I do not know who this man is who currently leads the Wakayama clans, but he is not Yasou. Yasou's style of writing is completely different, and besides, he would spot the glaring contradictions on that scroll in an instant. His pride would never allow him to send it, in that state. No, the sender may claim to be Yasou Wakayama, but he is not. Nay, what we have here is either a student of Dagashi, or Dagashi himself - unless some vile sorcery has overcome the Shogun, and imprinted the image of Dagashi's mind upon his. In any case, though this has caused me great merriment, it also causes me concern. Saddle my beetle - I will ride to the Wakayamas."

"Milord??? This is a declaration of WAR!!! Regardless of whether the scroll is old or not, there is no doubt that the clans have been preparing for war for some time! And ye would ride into the midst of it?"

"I have sat and talked at length with many of the clan members in times not too far distant, Beatrice. Both in their home, and in mine.
I have offered the true Yasou my aid in several endeavours, not the least when the YAMA clan journied to these shores.
They have invited me to hunt alongside them - although I did not often accept, not wanting to burden them with a blind craftsman in the midst of hordes of savage creatures. They stood just without thy own house, a very short while ago, and swore to thee that neither ye nor I would ever have cause to fear any Wakayama."

"But... milord..."

"Nay Beatrice. If they are so quick to put aside oaths, and so swift to abandon friendships, on a whim such as this, then they will deserve all they get. I have experienced a high level of honor from them in times past, regardless of what the tongues of the village gossips may say about them - and such honor does not depart overnight. Besides, if I am correct, and that man is NOT Yasou Wakayama, then someone needs to find the true Shogun. Assuming he still lives, of course."

Beatrice sighed. There was no arguing with him when he got like this.
Blind were his eyes, and yet, there was another blindness... or perhaps a different sight. The tendency to see the good in any person, no matter how small a spark that might be - and in focusing on that small light, the darkness around it may as well not exist, to his mind.
That, coupled with a dreadful stubborness, could be most infuriating at times. She felt slightly sorry for the Wakayamas for a brief moment - when preparing for war, the last thing any warmonger wants on his doorstep is someone who tends to point out the good in their foes.

With a shrug, she headed down to the stable, to order the stableboy to prepare the giant blue beetle for travel.

"Mithras, be with him." she whispered under her breath. "He's really stepping into it this time."

Strangely, from far off, and yet very near at the same time, she thought she heard someone chuckle. But no one was to be seen...

K

Kat SP

As she made final preparations for the battles ahead, Kat glanced over at the crumpled remains of the messenger. Shaking her head she thought "How foolish of this man to come here with such demands!".

Kat walked over to his lifeless body and kneeled beside him. She lay her delicate, yet powerful hands upon him and began to summon the life forces bestowed upon her from the Ancients. As she ran her hands across his shoulders and to his heart she felt the blood beginning to course through his veins once again. Weinan slowly opened his eyes and then the look of fear appeared as he recalled the events prior to his death. He quickly attempted to get to his feet, but was restrained by the woman at his side. "Be still", She said, "I have not bestowed life upon you only to toy with you." "Regain your strength and you can be on your way. It was foolish for you to come here expecting anything less than death, with such assinine demands!" She continued, "Go back to your leader and tell him of your experience here and that it is nothing compared to the wrath you have brought upon yourselves by these demands."

Kat ran her fingers through the pool of blood next to Weinan, then softly ran a blood covered fingertip across his lips. Pulling him up from the floor into an upright position, as she pressed her body against his she whispered, "Remember the taste of your own blood, for you shall taste it again. This is war!".

I

imported_Felinious-CWS

Felinious set in the Tower of Wispwood reading the dispatches of the "Servants of Lord British" as now called themselves, and wondered what tidings this brought to his life and town. So he thought, they dont go to war over ideals, beliefs, or even strong emotions...they go to war for...gold. Taxes! no less. Not gold to hold in your hands and shower ones self with, but taxes for a king. They had become hired hands it seemed, to him at least. The sad part was no one had hired them, they took this taxing up on them selves, Lord British would never decree this, Blackthorne maybe, but never British. He left the tower bound for Elmamar where he spied Satinica of Waka. Being a tamer of animals, Fel asked if she was here for the bi-weekly fight night, her responce was meerly laughter and then she ran off.

He went up the barrel road bound for Eldamar, but stopped and returned to the tower. Sitting on the benches on the roof of the tower, he looked at the stone of the Shire. A symbol of goodness and honor to him. No answers would be found in the ruins of the old elf town, of Eldamar, long ago abadoned by his kindred for other shores. He thought about the battles that had been fought in the Shire and lands over the years...The Dark Tower *he shuddred*...the constant battles with the orcs and the Undead to the south, which had with the combined power of the White Council, had been driven from these lands, the orcs deep underground, and the Undead well their dark spector had been washed from the land, only their empty tombs stood in shambles. Many other clans of brigands had assailed the Shire, Avalon, Wintermoore and other places of light before. This was differnt to him

The enemy was not some vampire clan, orc clan, or cold undead clan bent on destruction, *not knowing he was echoing Grot's thoughts hours before*, this was man, and not evil men, but men thinking that the White Council was evil itself. Men that had so much belief in the King that had made the very virtues , that the White Council protects itself. The enemy threatend The Knights of Silver Serpants like they were criminals, not the Knights of Honor and Justice that they were. Flogging of Py??? Fel had charged many times into battle, in raged when evil doers would attack his old friend, the same would happen in this case, if Py was ever captive. Maybe KSS had political ideals that were differant from the Shire, but their cause was to help people, never to harm, the common of the land.

The White Council, how empty the chairs would be if and when there was a council called. The old alliances were there, but many of the men, women, and elves were not here. Perhaps this was the final test of the White Council, if these evil new taxmen take over the lands, unjustly taxing the common folk for things as simple as moongate use, where would they stop. Ale tax, food tax, when some can not feed their familys, a stable tax so the good animals wont be in the elements, where would it stop. Maybe the orcs, undead and others never had a chance to take the lands, the lands have to be saved from men of all things. Men who follow Lord British.... the thought was very unpleasent to Felinious, The Knights and the People of the Shire, would be under heavy pressure, hopefully they did not break, there were not many around to shoulder the pressure.....

*disclaimer--i know the reason the orcs and undead are not here, have nothing to do with the WC, just some good ole rp story there, and i asways i post as i know nothing but what msg have been sent to me, or i have seen, so i would not know of any other dispatches sent out, this is fun**

G

Ginsu-SP

<blockquote><hr>

Wasabi passed a parchment to Mizo. “Their village lies south west of
Wintermoor. Find any villager and give them the document instruct them to find
this Aeric Horn. Perhaps remain in dog form until you see a child.” Mizo took the
parcel and some candy and disappeared.

[/ QUOTE ]
The scream of a child is instantly alaming... and this was Tara! Drexton could
see her between the buildings standing still...and terrified. He ran to her and
knelt beside her only to come face to face with a snarling wolf. He drew his bow,
and was about to draw an arrow when in a flash the wolf transformed into a
dark hooded figure.
"Who are you?" demanded Drexton.
"I am Mizo... messenger of the Wakayama. I have a message of great
importance for Aeric Horni." said Mizo smugly. "Do you know him?"
"Yes I do. But the name is Horn."
"Ahhhh too bad. See that he gets this...." Mizo said dropping the parchment on
the ground along with a few pieces of candy.

And with that the messenger disappeared.

Drexton gathered Tara up and ran to the site of the latest construction,
and found Aeric there laying stone....
"A message brother!"
Aeric took the parchment and read;
<blockquote><hr>

Aeric Horn …
It has come to the attention of the Wakayama Empire that you are gathering
small tribes together as an alliance. Our understanding it is your intent to aid
the White Council in their war against our kingdom and the forces of Lord
British. As evidenced from your skirmish with our forces around Yew a night
past, your men and your combined forces are not yet up to the task. Rumors
have reached us of the odd make-up of your group … misfit vampires that walk
in the day … tamers of the Ruby Grail … A misfit gang that we doubt would be
seen favorably by the judgemental White Council. Think carefully before you
throw your sword into the conflict, is the risk worth the reward? Know that any
strike against a member of our Empire will result in the bloodflow of three of your
number.

Choose your actions well…

[/ QUOTE ]

Aeric looked at Drexton, wadded the parchment and pitched it in the mortar bed he had just laid.
"Help me with this corner stone while ye are here."
The two men wrestled the large stone down into the mortar.
Aeric looked at Drexton and Tara...
"We'll not waste a soul to send our message. We'll let our swords talk when the time comes."

M

Mjolniraa

*The priestess shakes her head sadly, remembering those in TnT and in WAKA that she called "friend"*

So, one calls for flogging of Py, another calls Miranda fool?

I know where I stand, proudly.
I stand with Miranda, and Py, and KSS.

G

Jacob sat against the rocks. It matters not where, or what rocks, or how particularly pointy these rocks were; he oft sat on the rocks, regardless of their location, type, or overall pointiness. He was a miner. And what difference be location to a miner, when all that really matters is whether you may glean ore from the mountainside? He leaned back casually, and smoked gently on a pipe. And that was of particular note, as he did not smoke for many years, and now thought of it as a filthy habit. But in times of great distress, or worry, when things became too much to process on the spur-of-a-moment, he found it comforting to bathe himself in trails of bluish-white smoke; it fogged out the world, in more ways than one, and allowed him the privacy of his thoughts...

If for no other reason than because most people hated the smell of his tabac.

Presently, he raised one foot and propped it against another rock, leaning his elbow upon it. The position was comfortable to him, yet to anyone approaching, he must have looked like an unfortunate rock-climber who had grasped at a solid formation of granite, only to find to his short dismay that it was weathered limestone instead. He oft wondered if he could sleep among the rocks, but never was willing to try it, as his back had enough problems with wielding his pickaxes these days... and besides, he did not want someone to reach the affore mentioned conclusion, and begin picking through his pockets for loose change. He hated having to kill a man who may simply be looking for enough food to feed himself.

And so was his way. To sit among the rocks, and think. To let reason stamp out his doubts, or at least asuage them. But today somethng was not right in his mind. He had sat at these rocks for hours after he had heard the proclamation, and then found a stray copy blown in the wind, half burned, that confirmed, if not all of it, then at least the most troubling parts. He thumbed another dollop of tabac into the bowl of his pipe, and lit it. By this time, he had gathered quite a bank around himself, and his exact shape, to the outside observer, would be hard to discern; He momentarily entertained the vague notion that he looked rather like an Air Elemental.

But his thoughts held firm to the circle they had wrapped themselves in.
War
Taxes
Death
Allies
Enemies
Humiliation
Pain
Good
Evil
Neutrality
Hate...

He could not see how, in good conscience, he could add the last word to the cycle... for if he did, the cycle could not be complete. War can never be the result of that. He had spent these hours with this list in his mind, re-arranging it, pushing at it, trying to force the word he desperately wished could fit, somewhere into it. He toyed with it still, like a child pushing at a loose tooth with his tongue, certain that given time and patience, the tooth would come loose, and all would be well... or at least, less frustrating.

He reached into the pouch again, and started when he found it empty. He blinked in amazement, his cycle broken by the revelation that his deepest philosophy and belief had just been left shattered...

Given time, comfort, and a pouch of tabac, a man may solve any problem among the rocks.

He sighed deeply, and for the first time in days, he cared where he was. He was in Umbra, lounging against the rocks of the western mountains. And the fog lifted.

Slowly walking toward the bank, he retrieved his belongings at the behest of the banker. There wasn't much in it. A miner needs only that which will keep him in his trade. He unwrapped a small piece of paper in the back, and revealed the only possession that he valued that did not pertain to mining. A soulstone. It glowed green with the power of the samurais that he had long retired from. A power he had considered throwing away many times.

As he glared at the power of the stone, he sighed. It looked back at him in askance, and asked him what honor he had left? He answered aloud;

"I have the honor of the rocks, and that has always been enough."

The banker looked at him oddly; of course, he could not hear the voice of the soulstone. Or was it conscience?

The stone laughed at him. I am what a rock aspires to be, miner... I am the power to change things. I am what a rock resists to be. Rocks hide for fear of losing the honor they have. I MAKE my honor. Do you?

Jacob Redwing, a respected, if reclusive, craftsman of Iantown... a peaceful soul, avoiding those who wield death, helping whenever he could, sighed one final time, as the tear slid down his cheek. Jacob Redwing, jovial, amateur diplomat, and respecter of all... embraced his honor.

The bank box closed soundlessly.

The pipe grew cold.

The soulstone glowed no longer.

And he found a way to fit that last word in; through his heart and resolve, he had wiped away all the others...

with love.

Somtimes, the tooth must be pulled.

-----------------------
"Take up arms against those who sit in judgement of others, for someday that judgement will fall upon you."
Jacob Redwing

Y

Yasou Wakayama

A night of Skirmishes

Forsaken and Evan Spitfire scouted for the enemy ... the rest of the Wakayama crew were busy banishing Melisinde and the Shimmering Effussion when the call came in ... EB2 was in despise and the two scouts were enaging the enemy.

Within moments reinforcments arrived to despise but it was too late the enemy had been vanquished by the two lone scouts. A perimeter was set and quickly the piper lord Baracoon was struck down. The enemy chose this time to return but they did not expect the ferocity of the Waka party as they split away from each other causing their defeat. Korndogg knocked two enemies to the dirt as the rest scattered. In the process of pulling out more enemies came but again they were seperated and Odom met his demise in the north tunnels.

Moments later skirmishes broke out north of Britian. Again the warriors and wizards of EB2 met the challenge, however this time their numbers were greater and they caused Isoroku Yamamoto to fall. However the balance of battle, despite the odds in the enemies favor did not fall in the enemies favor as one after another EB2 fell. Aikaeli, Sir Vincent, and Verum fell before the WAKA fighters. Evan Spitfire fell in battle on the WAKA side but was quickly back in the fray due to the mystical healings of Ibichi Wakayama. Kedyn Wolfsbane joined the battle along with other reinforcemnts for EB2 as the battle shifted south down the road to the public moongate.

Suddenly the small WAKA group of 4 was facing a two front battle against the forces of VmP from the south and the forces of EB2 to the north. Isoroku fell again and was lost to the realm. Yaosu came to support his troops and they rallied ... dispatching several VmP to hell starting with sam's dad ... after knocking a few EB2 to the dirt and pinning down the remaining Vampires in a home the small WAKA party withdrew to Umbra with the intention of heading to the Yard ...

As the small group of Hugibear, Yasou and Forsaken entered Umbra however they immediately faced another enemy ... a large force of TnT were gathered ... so the WAKA men exacted revenge for the earlier killing of Weinan (who had returned to Wakatown earlier and recanted his tale) ... so with shouts of "This is for Weinan" the Waka men dropped Shad and Omni to the ground as their hapless mates could only pray for mercy. As the WAKA men were severly outnumbered and with TnT's allies EB2 nearby ... they took their leave.

No Knights of Mithras nor Citizens of Wispwood were found this eve ... but their time will come.

(fun battles last night to all who fought us - thanks for the good time)

S

Shad-SP

As Shad stared out over the rising sun, he mused over the previous nights events and his brief trip into the netherworld. A dry cackle escaped his lips as he replayed the sounds of battles and death, "Ahhh, it has begun and it is as I had hoped."

Alaric strode into the Temple. "Old man, I understand you have a desire to die; but do you think you could be a bit more subtle in your attempts?" Shad turned to his trusted warrior and chuckled. "You refer to Umbra and me succumbing to the Wakayama? Honestly, something bewitched me. I walked forth from the Moongate and saw KornDogg....for some reason I saw him not as foe but as friend and followed like a pig to the slaughter. By the time the voices in the wind warned of my impending doom, I realized I was surrounded by the enemy. I tried to escape to level ground beyond the hideous guards, but my fate was sealed. Mayhaps, I was too tired or bewitched. Regardless, I walked into that death. They were efficient, I will give them that." Alaric grinned and handed him an ale.

"So what else came of last night?" Alaric asked. "Well, there was a group of us practicing in Stonehaven when KornDogg, Satanica Stiles, and Squidd Wakayama tested our defenses. Unfortunately, Mitsurgi seemed slow in the sand and fell. But Omni, Vaype, our friend Masumatek, and myself engaged the remainder. Goldie Pawn eventually mastered the use of a bola and KornDogg was slain. Squidd barked once or twice and disappeared, never to be seen again. Satanica stayed around...I am not sure why. I believe he was playing a childs game of hide and seek with us. Who knows? He would emerge and hurl a meaningless insult or arrow and then run to hide again. We pursued for a bit, but decided to return to our dueling and leave him to play with himself. So we fared well on the whole." Shad and Alaric grinned.

Alaric rose, "Well, it is time for me to join in the fray. I leave to prepare." "Very well, friend. Be well and shoot straight." Shad and Alaric clasped hands and departed.

Shad's gaze returned to the rising sun and his mind returned from the past and looked to the future, the dawning of the new day. A grin covered his ghostly skull and his heart lusted for the next engagement.

G

Grot

<blockquote><hr>

The Crimes of the White Council
These be the points, cause and mischiefs of gathering and assembling of us, the king's loyal servants, which we trust to Almighty God to remedy, with the help and the grace of God and of our sovereign lord the king, and the poor commons of Sosoria, and else we shall die therefore: We, considering that the king our sovereign lord, by the insatiable, covetous, malicious persons that daily and nightly are about his highness, and daily inform him that good is evil and evil is good:
Item. They say that our sovereign is above his laws to his pleasure, and he may make it and break it as he pleases, without any distinction. The contrary is true. (The towns of Wintermoor and Wispwood Shire make their own laws and refute the king as proper lawmaker) For this volition a tax of 2.5 million gold pieces is levied on each township – in addition their “mayors” much swear allegiance to the proper king – Lord British.
Item. They say that the commons of Sosoria would first destroy Lord British’s friends and afterward the remnants of his kingdom, and then bring the Py Lethius to be king so that by their false means and lies they may make him to hate and destroy his friends, and cherish his false traitors. (In the absence of the true King – Py Lethius and the White Council tried to establish themselves as lawmakers and law enforcers of the lands) For this violation Py Lethius himself must ante 1 million gold coins and stand in public for flogging. After this public humiliation he will stand in servitude as a True Brit until he has regained favor.
Item. They take advantage of public transportation and the usage of public facilities and yet do not do any servitude to the kingdom or pay taxes for their usage. (Moongates and banks are used frivolously by the members of the White Council without thought to their financial upkeep). A safe estimate at 10gp per use over the course of the past year – 800k to clear this violation.
Item. The town of Wispwood Shire hosts a weekly tournament of combat. Yet the vassals of Lord British have not seen any taxes generated through smithy and tailor repares, percentages of revenue from the events or any taxes whatsoever. As the violators are both the Shire and a citizen named Hoffs both are charged a penalty of 500k and Hoffs must also hold a public tourney at the Wrong Arena where taxes for the kingdom may be collected.
Item. The town of Wispwood Shire hosts a weekly gathering at their tavern and yet have made no tax payments for the spirits consumed within. While the laws state that there shall be no taxation on food – all spirits carry a tax of 2gp per bottle. Judging by the condition of some attendees for the past year – a fee of 200k will suffice to clear past debt and a fee of 500gp per night for each future Story Night shall be collected.
Item. The White Council guilds are venturing into the Lost Lands without first informing the kingdom or paying the necessary tax. (The Lost Lands are offlimits until a proper method of taxation has been established – for now a permit can be issued upon prior consent). Any White Council member seen in the Lost lands will be escorted out or forcibly removed unless a permit has been issued.
Item. We will that it be known we will not rob, nor plunder, nor steal, but that these defaults be amended, and then we will go home; wherefore we exhort all the king's true liege men to help us, to support us, for whatsoever he be that will not that these defaults be amended. As some of the citizenry has complained as to the behavior of certain White Council members as to plundering the fallen in Luna – an investigation will begin. Opportunistic looting is frowned upon – if a crime has been committed and the foes is dispatched – looting is a right … however to pick the corpse of a fallen where you took no action in his/her dispatch will be punished.

So sayeth the Servants of Lord British.

As Representatives of the absent King we take the above items as our mantle to carry.
Make your decision …

[/ QUOTE ]

Handing the missive back to Siofra, Grot shakes his head. "Thank you, Sio, for bringing this by. It confirms what I'd heard through other sources. I bid you farewell for now. I will compose my response, though I doubt it'll mean much to these glorified bandits. Call on me anytime you are in need. Best wishes to you and Wintermoor." With that, he heads upstairs and takes a seat at his writing desk.

-----------------------------------------------

To Yasou Wakayama:

You and your clan of bandits and raiders will not receive one copper of tax from the Shire. Wispwood Shire was granted as a fiefdom to its Citizens by Lord British many years ago. Its citizens were charged with the protection and improvement of the land within its borders. British's guards do not protect our town nor does his workmen build our roads. Such is the way of fiefdoms. Contrary to your belief, no laws within the Shire violate those decreed by British, they only expound on them. No taxes are due except by direct demand of British. Definately no taxes are due to invaders from another land making preposterous claims. It almost goes without saying how hilarious some of the taxes you demand are. Taxes on events where there is absolutely no profit to the Shire. Rather, we fund them out of our coffers with no demand or expectation of reimbursement.

You and your clan have proven that you are not his servants, regardless of your claim. Anyone can wear a manufactured badge. A badge means nothing without backing by proper authority. Most of you are marked as murderers by his laws. If you had his authority, you would be able to act within his towns. This is not the case. Your claim on taxation of the lost lands is not only a farce, it is utterly illegeal. Free travel is a right of all persons.

I answer only to British regarding my opinion of him and his laws. Though I disagree openly with how he runs things, and the strumptet he left behind to command his guard, he is still King. If he returns and wishes to call me on my statements, he knows were to find me. You have no authority over me or the Shire.

If you insist on continuing to propogate your claims and this war, you will be met by all the force I can muster. Though you have twice over our numbers, you will still find yourselves hiding in houses. It seems you learned that tactic well from the Vampires you recently allied with. And you claim to have God's blessing too...

-Grot
Lord of Wispwood.

G

The old crafter leaned back in the saddle as the great beetle guided itself into the Umbra stables, and sighed.

It had been a fruitless day.

He had ridden past the home of every Wakayama, Yamamoto, and their kin known to him, and not one of them had been in residence - or, if they had, they had ignored his patient knocking on each and every door.

Frustrated at this, he had then ridden to their varied hunting grounds, and, while the large supply of gold in his beetle's saddlebags had grown consistantly with each new mob of monsters, he was fairly certain that no hydras or enslaved satyres had joined any of Yasou's millitary divisions.

The most highly populated monster areas, the ones he knew they favored, also appeared deserted. His beetle saw none of them, and he himslf heard not a whisper of those he sought.

Turning his beetle back towards Umbra, he had knocked a second time on the door of Obake Yamamoto, hoping that he may have returned.
Again, there was no response. Then he remembered the last time he had been there - he had been called friend, and offered a key to the house, to make himself at home and rest his tired feet any time he had been mining in the area.

The key no longer fitted. The lock had been changed.

"So, you, too, are so easily swayed by words that make no sense." sighed the old miner. He considered trying the other keys he had been offered, but decided against it. If one ranking so highly as Obake had changed his locks, could the others have done less. Still...there are many reasons why a man might change his locks. There was no need to take this personally just yet.

Otto turned the beetle towards another Wakayama household nearby, not prepared to give up just yet. However, as he neared the large vendor house shared by many Wakayamas, his beetle stopped in it's tracks, and shuffled behind a nearby building.

"What is it, lad?" whispered Otto. The beetle gave a quiet click, with an air of concern in it. Otto knew that one well. 'Shut up' was hard to miss, when spoken by so huge a creature.

Then the voices reached his ears. The voices of the murderers of the Strong Arm Steady gang. Murderers and highwaymen, all. And they were standing blatently on the doorstep of the Wakayama household, very clearly welcome there, from their words.

Otto turned the great beetle quietly, and headed to town.

There would be no opportunity to speak with those he had sought in person.
Pigeons were pointless. Yasou - or whoever this truly was - had made it clear that he would say absolutely anything that he felt appropriate in writing.
Otto had wanted to hear his voice - many years without sight had trained him to pick the slightest tremor in the voice, certain clues as to a liar, or a man's true intent.

After a quick stop at the bank to ease his beetle's heavy load, he'd headed for the stables. Paying the stable-hand the nightly fee, he left his beetle in the stables, and went to find his own lodgings for the night. Perhaps the next day would be more fruitful.

As he drifted off to sleep on the slightly lumpy bed of the Umbra inn (which suited him - it was very similar to the granite he was used to mining for ore), his thoughts were of friends. Those in KSS, and the rest of the White Council, all in receipt of the recent threats - the Wakayamas were certainly not short of those of late - but also of another friend. He had to know what had happened to Yasou... if he was even still alive.

Had his mind been altered through some strange means? Was someone blackmailing or manipulating him to this course of action? Or had he simply been replaced by a duplicate?

"Whichever it is, whoever is behind this can not be allowed to continue" he muttered to himself, utterly oblivious to the dark clad figures who were ever so silently climbing in the window...

T

The ONE Prophet

In a sequestered land, far beyond the realm of the lands that run red with the birth pains of what promises to be a horrendous war, an eleven mage reads the news of the tyranny of the "Servants of Lord British." She sighs as she absorbs the loathsome details of tyrannical acts of war, acts of war with reverberations that may sever friendships and alliances for quite some time to come.

Something strangely familiar about this story stirs within the pit of her stomach. She makes her way to a library of scrolls and searches through her ever growing collection for an ancient scroll passed down to her from her now senile grandmother. The scroll has existed in her family for generations. She had enjoyed it's colorful stories as a child, but now these colorful stories took on a strange new dimension and deeper meaning.

As she brushed the dust from the ancient scroll, she began to reread the words her grandmother use to read to her as a child. The scroll talked of a great deliverer to come, who will be known as "The ONE". The ONE who promises to free the land of the powerful stench of tyranny. A deliverer who will one day join together an alliance between the citizens of Sosaria to fight for the freedom of the aequus rights of the individual to choose whom they will serve. The alliance of "The ONE" promises to squash the dark rulers who use fear and treachery as a means to power.

Could it be true? Could there really be such a deliverer in our future? Are these words an obscure myth of a time long ago, some phantasm of an ancient ancestor, or do they carry an element of truth? Who would this deliverer serve? Would he serve Mondain, Mithras, or the Ancients? The ancient scroll was cryptic and spawned more questions than answers but it did promise to reveal itself to a high priestess with great power. However, one thing the scroll is clear on and that is that no mortal man will know the time and hour of the arrival of "The ONE". The ancient scroll would only reveal that before the arrival of "The ONE" a prophet would appear. A prophet so new to the ways of Sosaria that he himself did not know the details of "The ONE" of which he was to fore tell. The Prophet will only be tormented by a vision of the coming of a great deliverer who will one day be known as "The One."

The eleven Mage thought back to a discussion she had earlier in the evening with some local townsmen of the strange ramblings of a lunatic within the city of Luna. He called himself "The Prophet" and spoke obnoxiously of "The ONE" to come. Were these just digressed delusions of a mind to far gone to comprehend the reality of the world in which he found himself; or the efforts of a poor innocent soul trying to communicate a vision beyond his comprehension?