• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A UO facelift idea

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
These are just notes at this point, and I’m looking for suggestions before I submit the idea higher up.

I doubt anything would come of it but I figured I would share my day dreaming of a game we all love. It’s just one persons idea and possible Business Plan for Ultima Online Revamp and NFT Integration

1. Executive Summary:
• Ultima Online, the pioneering MMORPG, is set to undergo a visionary transformation, blending classic gameplay with modern graphics and NFT integration.
• The proposal aims to tap into the nostalgia of the existing player base while captivating a new generation of gamers.
• With an integrated NFT marketplace, players can enjoy true ownership and scarcity of in-game assets, creating an immersive and economically vibrant ecosystem.

2. Introduction and Background:
• Ultima Online, established in 1997, is a trailblazer in the MMORPG realm, boasting a rich history spanning 26 years of continuous operation.
• The game's evolution reflects its adaptive nature, seamlessly integrating traditional RPG elements within an expansive, player-driven virtual world.

3. Market Opportunity:
• The target audience includes both seasoned Ultima Online players and a new generation seeking a blend of nostalgia and cutting-edge gaming experiences.
• Projections indicate a sizable market share and substantial revenue potential from the revamped Ultima Online ecosystem.

4. Product Description:
• The revamped game will feature updated, visually stunning graphics while preserving the beloved core gameplay mechanics and open-world dynamics.
• Integration of NFTs will introduce a groundbreaking layer of digital ownership, allowing players to trade, collect, and showcase rare in-game assets in a secure and transparent environment.

5. Competitive Analysis:
• Evaluation reveals a unique market positioning for the revitalized Ultima Online, combining the nostalgia of the original game with contemporary gaming standards and NFT innovation.
• Key differentiators lie in the game's rich history, dedicated player community, and the introduction of a secure, player-centric NFT marketplace.

6. Marketing Strategy:
• A multifaceted marketing strategy will leverage social media, gaming influencers, and community-driven initiatives to foster engagement and promote the revamped Ultima Online experience.
• Strategic partnerships with gaming events and conventions will further amplify the game's visibility and appeal.

7. Financial Projections:
• Estimated development costs for the revamp and NFT integration are approximately $8 million.
• Marketing and promotional expenses are projected at $2 million, with a targeted ROI of 25% within the first year.

8. Risks and Mitigation:
• Identified risks encompass technical challenges, market adoption dynamics, and regulatory uncertainties associated with the NFT market.
• Mitigation strategies include comprehensive testing, proactive community engagement, and adherence to evolving regulatory frameworks.

9. Implementation Plan:
• The development phase is estimated to take 18 months, with a focus on maintaining the game's original essence while incorporating modern features and NFT functionalities.
• Key milestones and responsibilities have been delineated to ensure a seamless execution process.

10. Conclusion:
• The proposed Ultima Online revamp and NFT integration represent a transformative step toward redefining the MMORPG landscape, blending tradition with innovation.
• With the potential for sustained growth and a thriving player-driven economy, this venture promises to solidify EA Games' position at the forefront of the gaming industry's evolution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
These are just notes at this point, and I’m looking for suggestions before I submit the idea higher up.
I doubt anything would come of it but I figured I would share my day dreaming of a game we all love. It’s just one persons idea and possible Business Plan for Ultima Online Revamp and NFT Integration
1. Executive Summary:
• Ultima Online, the pioneering MMORPG, is set to undergo a visionary transformation, blending classic gameplay with modern graphics and NFT integration.
• The proposal aims to tap into the nostalgia of the existing player base while captivating a new generation of gamers.
• With an integrated NFT marketplace, players can enjoy true ownership and scarcity of in-game assets, creating an immersive and economically vibrant ecosystem.
• Ultima Online, established in 1997, is a trailblazer in the MMORPG realm, boasting a rich history spanning 26 years of continuous operation.
• The game's evolution reflects its adaptive nature, seamlessly integrating traditional RPG elements within an expansive, player-driven virtual world.
3. Market Opportunity:
• The target audience includes both seasoned Ultima Online players and a new generation seeking a blend of nostalgia and cutting-edge gaming experiences.
• Projections indicate a sizable market share and substantial revenue potential from the revamped Ultima Online ecosystem.
4. Product Description:
• The revamped game will feature updated, visually stunning graphics while preserving the beloved core gameplay mechanics and open-world dynamics.
• Integration of NFTs will introduce a groundbreaking layer of digital ownership, allowing players to trade, collect, and showcase rare in-game assets in a secure and transparent environment.
5. Competitive Analysis:
• Evaluation reveals a unique market positioning for the revitalized Ultima Online, combining the nostalgia of the original game with contemporary gaming standards and NFT innovation.
• Key differentiators lie in the game's rich history, dedicated player community, and the introduction of a secure, player-centric NFT marketplace.
6. Marketing Strategy:
• A multifaceted marketing strategy will leverage social media, gaming influencers, and community-driven initiatives to foster engagement and promote the revamped Ultima Online experience.
• Strategic partnerships with gaming events and conventions will further amplify the game's visibility and appeal.
• Estimated development costs for the revamp and NFT integration are approximately $8 million.
• Marketing and promotional expenses are projected at $2 million, with a targeted ROI of 25% within the first year.
8. Risks and Mitigation:
• Identified risks encompass technical challenges, market adoption dynamics, and regulatory uncertainties associated with the NFT market.
• Mitigation strategies include comprehensive testing, proactive community engagement, and adherence to evolving regulatory frameworks.
9. Implementation Plan:
• The development phase is estimated to take 18 months, with a focus on maintaining the game's original essence while incorporating modern features and NFT functionalities.
• Key milestones and responsibilities have been delineated to ensure a seamless execution process.
10. Conclusion:
• The proposed Ultima Online revamp and NFT integration represent a transformative step toward redefining the MMORPG landscape, blending tradition with innovation.
• With the potential for sustained growth and a thriving player-driven economy, this venture promises to solidify EA Games' position at the forefront of the gaming industry's evolution.
Spit, interesting idea!!

From presentation standpoint, mind I suggest editing to add some spaces between each point? I can assist and edit for you if you'd like.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Absolutely! My format transfers from devices always seems to mess with the editing. Feel free to adjust or add ideas! I’ve been kicking this idea around for a while now on how somwthjbg like that could be incorporated. Have a great day, thanks for reading!

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Absolutely! My format transfers from devices always seems to mess with the editing. Feel free to adjust or add ideas! I’ve been kicking this idea around for a while now on how somwthjbg like that could be incorporated. Have a great day, thanks for reading!
I added some spacing between topics and bolded some headings. Let me know if you'd like to see any other adjustments.

Will give another read through and provide some more content related feedback. good job!

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Looks great! Had I been at my computer, as I should have been when I posted, I should have added it! In my defense….I got my grade 10!
Back to the topic….

The Bad:

While there are potential benefits to incorporating NFTs, (will list some at the bottom) into Ultima Online, there are also challenges that may hinder its successful implementation. Here are ten reasons why integrating NFTs might face difficulties in Ultima Online:

• Technical Challenges: Implementing NFTs within an existing game framework can pose complex technical challenges, potentially leading to system instability and performance issues.

• Security Risks: Introducing NFTs can create security vulnerabilities, making the game susceptible to hacking, fraudulent activities, and unauthorized transactions, leading to a loss of player trust.

• Market Volatility: Fluctuations in the NFT market value could impact in-game asset values, leading to an unstable in-game economy and discouraging player participation.

• Complex Legal Issues: Incorporating NFTs may give rise to intricate legal considerations related to ownership, copyright, and intellectual property, leading to potential legal disputes and complications.

• Exclusivity Concerns: Introducing NFTs might lead to certain in-game advantages being exclusive to players who can afford to invest in these digital assets, creating an imbalance in the gameplay and player experience.

• Community Division: Introducing NFTs may result in a divided player community, with some players feeling alienated or disadvantaged due to the emphasis on monetization and trading rather than gameplay.

• Overemphasis on Monetization: The integration of NFTs could shift the focus of the game towards monetization rather than gameplay and story development, potentially diminishing the overall player experience and immersion.

• Regulatory Challenges: Adhering to regulatory guidelines and compliance standards for NFT integration may pose challenges, potentially leading to legal complications and restrictions.

• Technical Barriers for Players: Not all players may be familiar with the technical aspects of NFTs, leading to confusion, frustration, and a lack of accessibility for certain segments of the player base.

• Potential Exploitative Practices: The introduction of NFTs may give rise to exploitative practices, such as price manipulation, scamming, and unfair trade practices, which can harm the integrity of the in-game marketplace and discourage player engagement.

The Good:

So here are just ten reasons how NFTs can enhance the Ultima Online gaming experience:

• Enhanced Ownership: NFTs can provide players with a strong sense of ownership over unique in-game items and assets, fostering a deeper connection to the game world.

• Tradable Assets: NFTs enable the seamless trading of in-game assets, allowing players to engage in a vibrant marketplace for unique items, skins, and collectibles.

• Scarce and Unique Items: Implementing NFTs can introduce limited-edition or one-of-a-kind items that players can collect, trade, and showcase in the game.

• Player-Driven Economy: NFTs can empower players to influence the in-game economy, encouraging strategic decision-making and fostering a dynamic player-driven marketplace.

• Monetization Opportunities: NFTs offer a pathway for players to monetize their in-game achievements, creations, and contributions, incentivizing active participation within the game.

• Customizable Avatars: NFTs can provide players with the ability to customize their avatars with unique and rare cosmetic items, enhancing the overall gaming experience and personalization options.

• Community Engagement: NFTs can stimulate community engagement by fostering interactions, collaborations, and competitions related to the creation, trading, and utilization of unique in-game assets.

• Investment Opportunities: Integrating NFTs can create investment opportunities within the Ultima Online ecosystem, allowing players to strategically acquire and trade valuable digital assets for potential long-term gains.

• Incentivized Gameplay: NFTs can serve as rewards for completing challenging quests, participating in competitive events, or achieving specific milestones, motivating players to actively engage in various aspects of the game.

• Unique Gaming Experience: By incorporating NFTs, Ultima Online can offer players a more immersive and unique gaming experience, characterized by an enriched virtual economy, exclusive content, and a thriving player community.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Was this a suggestion or a follow through? Also I believe NFTs were 9,years ago and not really popular till 2017.

EA themselves have publicly admitted they think NFTs will be the future of gaming, or at least an active part of it. I can supply links with those arrivals when I’m in front of the computer if needs be. If the idea was properly submitted to EA it would be an interesting proposition for them. Ultima online is an older title and would be a good one to test that on, for multiple reasons. It’s not that hard to make contact with them, or someone else for a possible licensing agreement. If you found your investors and they had little to lose, it’s an interesting proposition for a 30+ billion company already dabbling in the NFTs. That’s just my opinion.

in starting this thread I was hoping to get others feedbackor creative ideas, good or bad so have at it!

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those are some serious Cons on that list. I have the same understanding of NFT's as Pete. I understood they are now worthless (whatever they were) and were basically a big scam. From your Pro list, NFT's just sound like expensive in game store items.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I think it is very creative. Well done.

Nft's are unique and unduplicatable..it's not about value. However since they are verifiable there might be some value.

I say submit it and see where it runs to. Every idea should be considered.

*raises his glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in Salute to you*

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enhanced Ownership: NFTs can provide players with a strong sense of ownership over unique in-game items and assets, fostering a deeper connection to the game world.
That's the general misconception no. 1.
You do NOT own the item. You only own the receipt for buying the item. NOTHING ELSE.
If you buy a monkey jpeg, noone stops anyone else from copying that picture and do whatever he/she wants to do with it.
Or if some unique in-game item, which someone bought as NFT gets duplicated or BS just adds a second one, tough luck.

Scarce and Unique Items: Implementing NFTs can introduce limited-edition or one-of-a-kind items that players can collect, trade, and showcase in the game.
That is already possible WITHOUT NFTs. If BS decides to add limited-edition or one-of-a-kind items that players can collect, trade, and showcase in the game, then you do NOT need NFTs for that. And there are already tons of such items in the game. So NFT adds ZERO value.

The main issue with NFTs is, that those try to solve a problem, which does not exist. And that's the reason, why NFTs are worthless these days. It took the people some time to realize that, but finally we're here.
So please stay way with that NFT crap from UO.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would never aquire a nft. They are absolute worthless and there is nothing behind it. Yes the game itself has Pixel for which alot of people are paying money but i pay while I play a mostly fair amount of rl money.
I would invest in a picture if I have money left but theese days I have to rebuild a rest room which is expensive enough.
nft is a joke for beleaver

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Al for your feedback, be it positive or negative Nancy responses.

blockchain technology is not worthless. People stating this clearly have not. Researched, or have an understanding of what this even is.
I’m suggesting ultima be used for this technology mainly because of the value in the player market, the age of the game, the history of the game, and also the amount of work it would take to-preserve it past the death of the last veteran player keeping it alive. The game will die once thelast collector does. It’s not unreasonable to want to preserve and put forward options and ideas. The worse they can say is No.
Also, if you don’t try it’s always No.
Thank you all again for the feedback and have a wonderful day!

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You do NOT own the item. You only own the receipt for buying the item. NOTHING ELSE.
If you buy a monkey jpeg, noone stops anyone else from copying that picture and do whatever he/she wants to do with it.
Or if some unique in-game item, which someone bought as NFT gets duplicated or BS just adds a second one, tough luck.

That is already possible WITHOUT NFTs. If BS decides to add limited-edition or one-of-a-kind items that players can collect, trade, and showcase in the game, then you do NOT need NFTs for that. And there are already tons of such items in the game. So NFT adds ZERO value.

The main issue with NFTs is, that those try to solve a problem, which does not exist. And that's the reason, why NFTs are worthless these days. It took the people some time to realize that, but finally we're here.
So are there are no duped items? People with idoc issues agree with that statement? There are tons of pros just as much as cons. To add a ledger to the current items and secure ownership… I would think this would be more appealing then hoping they don’t remake the 1:1 item you have hiding. It would be a big project but the history of this game screams to be the leader in the next step to what I think, and many others, is the future of games and also UPC replacements Irl. IMO.
;)

Last edited:

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

you dont own the dollar either. The main issue with NFTs is, that those try to solve a problem, which does not exist. And that's the reason, why NFTs are worthless these days. It took the people some time to realize that, but finally we're here.
I have a few issues with that statement... the value of an item currently is based off of what the collector will pay, not the age, not anything else. so.... if no one pays or wants it then it collapses, as we have seen many many EM items do. some go from 100m to 4p in value, some go from 4p in value to 20m. it's all about the demand and the buyer, that is why so many people are living off this game. a lot of us have deeper pockets and have no issues doing what it takes to have said item in the collection. IMO, Having a ledger to keep track of who owns, how much was paid, how many were made...ect, would solidify the current system in place. Even if you took the original game, rebuilt it and relaunched a sister game of the exact thing but using blockchain technology to release items and inventory everything in game from land to items all the way down to the hat you have on your Paperdoll........I would think that would be interesting. Ultima is a 26-year-old game.... i would imagine remaking it from scratch to adopt the new technology and update the graphics alone would be a challenge.... but a worthy one.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Aside from the article above that states that 95% of NFTs are completely worthless. How, pray tell, are you going to enlighten the crusty 100-year-old UO player base on what exactly an NFT is?
It’s not easy. Most do not even want to listen or hear change.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

1. Executive Summary:

3. Market Opportunity:

4. Product Description:

5. Competitive Analysis:

6. Marketing Strategy:

8. Risks and Mitigation:

9. Implementation Plan:

10. Conclusion:
This is a great write up and definitely the out of the box thinking our game desperately needs, sadly with the current team it would be wasted if implemented though... we would need Richard Garriott behind the helm for this idea as he also has experience in the NFT realm

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This is a great write up and definitely the out of the box thinking our game desperately needs, sadly with the current team it would be wasted if implemented though... we would need Richard Garriott behind the helm for this idea as he also has experience in the NFT realm
I totally agree and have thought about this and how a person would attempt to approach him on it. I’m sure many have already. We would need a solid presentation for him and a path to licensing or securing the title outright, and that I highly doubt EA would do. We could maybe get permission but I’d be very surprised if they ever parted with UO ownership. Im also not quite sure I’m qualified to honeymoon the creator of this very unique game. I have been brainstorming on it though…lol

I am mobile this week so y’all have to deal with my copy/paste from the cloud. Apologies.

Below was my first initial plan/notes when preparing to approach the King:

• Emphasize the Legacy: Highlight how the project aims to preserve and honor the legacy of Ultima Online, integrating modern technology like NFTs while staying true to the original essence and vision of the game that he created.
  • Showcase Creative Control: Assure him of a significant degree of creative control and input in the development process, allowing him to shape the narrative, characters, and overall direction of the game's evolution.
  • Highlight Innovations: Discuss how NFT integration can bring fresh innovations to Ultima Online, revitalizing the gameplay experience and engaging a new generation of players while retaining the elements that made the game a classic.
  • Outline the Community Impact: Illustrate the potential positive impact on the Ultima Online community, emphasizing how his involvement can foster a sense of trust and excitement among existing players, encouraging their active participation in the game's evolution.
  • Discuss Long-Term Viability: Present a comprehensive business plan that outlines the long-term viability of the project, including revenue models, market demand, and strategies for sustaining the game's relevance and profitability in the evolving gaming landscape.
  • Illustrate Benefits to Players: Explain how NFT integration can benefit players by providing them with unique ownership experiences, enhanced gameplay options, and new ways to engage with the Ultima Online universe, creating a more immersive and dynamic gaming environment.
  • Address Concerns: Be prepared to address any concerns or reservations he might have, such as technical challenges, community reception, or potential risks, and provide viable solutions to mitigate these issues.
Approaching him with a well-thought-out plan that reflects a deep understanding of the game's history and potential for growth can demonstrate commitment to honoring his legacy and securing his involvement in the project.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So are there are no duped items?
Yes, there are.
Blockchain does NOT prevent you from duping. There's the block chain and there's an in-game database. Those are two completely different things, which would have to be kept in sync.
Yes, your receipt on the blockchain cannot be duped, but your precious in-game item related to it can. So what's the point?

IMO, Having a ledger to keep track of who owns, how much was paid, how many were made...ect, would solidify the current system in place.
You do NOT need blockchain for that.
In fact, every single point you bring up can be done in game WITHOUT the use of blockchain.

A highly speculative currency should have nothing to do with a game people play in their spare time.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, there are.
Blockchain does NOT prevent you from duping. There's the block chain and there's an in-game database. Those are two completely different things, which would have to be kept in sync.
Yes, your receipt on the blockchain cannot be duped, but your precious in-game item related to it can. So what's the point?

You do NOT need blockchain for that.
In fact, every single point you bring up can be done in game WITHOUT the use of blockchain.

A highly speculative currency should have nothing to do with a game people play in their spare time.
You miss the point of the blockchain. You have a way higher chance of someone discovering a bug and exploiting to dupe in this old of a game than you would with an updated system.
I’m not going to say you’re wrong completely. But I will say your comments seem hostile and I would love to discuss blockchain technology more with you to help clarify confusion on it. I wish you the best and thank you for the input! I appreciate that!

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A in game item might be duped on game yes, but on a blockchain it secures the original and can track the in game item, or however it’s designed. Just an example. It’s a secure ledger. Money does not have to be tied into it anymore than the current amount required to play.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You miss the point of the blockchain. You have a way higher chance of someone discovering a bug and exploiting to dupe in this old of a game than you would with an updated system.
You missed my point. And judging by your answer, there is no way to explain it to you in any way, that you would understand.

I’m not going to say you’re wrong completely. But I will say your comments seem hostile and I would love to discuss blockchain technology more with you to help clarify confusion on it. I wish you the best and thank you for the input! I appreciate that!
There is no confusion. I know very well what blockchain is and how it works down to on a technical level.
I say it again, blockchain or any other highly speculative/volatile currency should never be introduced to a game, where people just want to have fun.
This will just create a two class society, the ones who just want to play and the ones who try to earn a big buck with blockchain/NFTs. And when devs realize, they can have a slice from the cake, they will just cater the latter group and people just wanting to play will be on the short end.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You missed my point. And judging by your answer, there is no way to explain it to you in any way, that you would understand.

There is no confusion. I know very well what blockchain is and how it works down to on a technical level.
I say it again, blockchain or any other highly speculative/volatile currency should never be introduced to a game, where people just want to have fun.
This will just create a two class society, the ones who just want to play and the ones who try to earn a big buck with blockchain/NFTs. And when devs realize, they can have a slice from the cake, they will just cater the latter group and people just wanting to play will be on the short end.
The argument you propose appears weak for several reasons. Firstly, it incorrectly assumes that blockchain integration solely focuses on preventing item duplication, disregarding its broader applications in enhancing security, transparency, and ownership tracking.

Furthermore, the claim that in-game measures can achieve the same outcomes as blockchain technology overlooks the robust security and decentralized nature of blockchain, which makes it more resilient to manipulation and hacking.

While the argument highlights the potential risks of integrating blockchain into gaming, it fails to acknowledge the benefits, such as fostering player trust, enabling secure peer-to-peer transactions, and ensuring a transparent and verifiable item ownership history.

Additionally, dismissing the relevance of a speculative currency in gaming disregards the growing trend of integrating virtual economies with real-world financial systems, creating new opportunities for both players and developers.

Also………. You do realize that's what we currently have, right? Many of us enjoy having fun in Ultima, whether it's in PvP, role play, events, or collecting. However, with life being so busy, many of us don't have time for all of it. Despite our preferences, we all cherish this game. Like any game or technology, there will always be those who manipulate the system for personal gain or to cause trouble.

I'm particularly fascinated by the player market, the enduring longevity of the game, the inflation, and player-driven pricing. I would love to see a more updated system in place, even if the game isn't actively running anymore down the road.

Ultima Online has remained slow and steady, unlike many other games that have faded away. It's no different from collecting baseball cards; it's just digital.

A more contemporary system and updated graphics could potentially attract more players, even those from platforms like Roblox.

Implementing a proper billing system would ensure that those working to sustain the game actually benefit from the financial support, instead of just a few who have found loopholes in the outdated system.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Furthermore, the claim that in-game measures can achieve the same outcomes as blockchain technology overlooks the robust security and decentralized nature of blockchain, which makes it more resilient to manipulation and hacking.
Sigh.
That's where you argument falls flat.
A game is a centralized system. It runs on dedicated servers and stores its data in a centralized database. All the players and all the items are stored in that centralized database.
Even if the game uses blockchain, it is an external system. You cram a decentralized system into a centralized application and thus lose all benefits, since the centralized application is still the weak point.
Hence it is pointless.

Additionally, dismissing the relevance of a speculative currency in gaming disregards the growing trend of integrating virtual economies with real-world financial systems, creating new opportunities for both players and developers.
Worst take I've ever heard.
Finances and recreative activities such as gaming should be kept separate!

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Sigh.
That's where you argument falls flat.
A game is a centralized system. It runs on dedicated servers and stores its data in a centralized database. All the players and all the items are stored in that centralized database.
Even if the game uses blockchain, it is an external system. You cram a decentralized system into a centralized application and thus lose all benefits, since the centralized application is still the weak point.
Hence it is pointless.

Worst take I've ever heard.
Finances and recreative activities such as gaming should be kept separate!
Clearly your trolling.
While it's true that games typically operate within a centralized framework, integrating blockchain technology can provide tangible benefits. By utilizing blockchain, developers can ensure secure ownership of in-game assets, prevent fraud, and enable players to trade items across different platforms. Moreover, it fosters a transparent economy, enhancing the gaming experience and fostering a sense of community among players. The hybrid approach of integrating decentralized elements into centralized systems offers the best of both worlds, enhancing security and promoting player engagement.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, I'm not trolling.
You just look at it through rose colored glasses and are not able to see the issues, drawbacks and pitfalls of such a solution.

Last edited:

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
RMT by the back door? No thanks
No, I'm not trolling.
You just look at it through rose colored glasses and are not able to see the drawbacks and pitfalls of such a solution.
I'm putting forth pros and cons, that was the purpose of the thread...as stated above the first post. I'm not closedminded or have tunnel vision to other people's concerns. I posted a thought that's been going on for years in the back of the head to get feedback from players. So, I appreciate your time you put into the responses. I do not agree updating UO would be "pointless", and this was simply one person's version. you're welcome to come up with one or help me finetune this into something we all can get on board with before I submit it to their portal. Thank you again, you have a great day!

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
help me finetune this into something we all can get on board with
You don't get it. I don't want this. In my opinion, blockchain does NOT belong into gaming.

I said it earlier in this thread and I say it again:
You will have two different types of players:

Players who just want to have fun in their spare time.
And "players", who want to earn money with blockchain. They do not care about the game first and foremost, but only the money they can squeeze out of it.
In the end the latter group will destroy the good experience for the former group.

If blockchain makes it to UO (or any other game I like), I will quit it. You can still continue playing, I don't care. But I will be gone.

Feel free to send your proposal to their portal. They have barely enough devs to work on NL and maintain current prod shards. (I'm curious, how many devs do they have? Is it just Kyronix or are there more now?) And your proposal would require some MAJOR effort. So I'm fairly confident, nothing will come out of it, if they receive it.

Iniquity

Visitor
UNLEASHED
You don't get it. I don't want this. In my opinion, blockchain does NOT belong into gaming.

And "players", who want to earn money with blockchain. They do not care about the game first and foremost, but only the money they can squeeze out of it.
In the end the latter group will destroy the good experience for the former group.

If blockchain makes it to UO (or any other game I like), I will quit it. You can still continue playing, I don't care. But I will be gone.

Feel free to send your proposal to their portal. They have barely enough devs to work on NL and maintain current prod shards. (I'm curious, how many devs do they have? Is it just Kyronix or are there more now?) And your proposal would require some MAJOR effort. So I'm fairly confident, nothing will come out of it, if they receive it.
100% agreed nfts are an abomination - will 100% close my accounts if this comes to uo

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You ARE trolling! I was just guessing

Ultima Online has a rich legacy and has contributed significantly to the evolution of the MMORPG genre. Giving it a fair chance at the forefront allows for the exploration of new possibilities and the revitalization of its timeless appeal. Refusing to accept any change and reacting impulsively to innovative ideas without considering their potential benefits can indeed limit the growth and evolution of a beloved game. Embracing constructive changes can breathe new life into the gaming experience and attract a fresh wave of enthusiastic players, ensuring the game's continued relevance and success in the dynamic gaming industry. It's crucial to approach changes with an open mind and a willingness to adapt, ensuring that Ultima Online remains a prominent and engaging player in the gaming community.

Ultima Online's historical significance and dedicated fanbase warrant an open-minded approach towards its development. Embracing change can infuse new energy and innovation into the gameplay, attracting both veteran and new players alike. It's vital to understand that refusing change might hinder the game's potential for growth and adaptation in an ever-evolving gaming landscape. Let's embrace the possibilities and work towards a future that honors the game's legacy while fostering new and exciting experiences for all players.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Given that Ultima Online's maintenance is handled externally, it's possible that EA Games may have shifted its immediate focus to other internal projects. However, this presents an opportunity for them to revisit their involvement with Ultima Online and recognize its enduring significance in the gaming world. By reconnecting with the game and its community, EA Games can harness its nostalgic value and integrate contemporary gaming elements, revitalizing Ultima Online's position and reestablishing its prominence in the gaming industry. It's time to reignite the passion for Ultima Online and pave the way for a promising future.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You ARE trolling!
No, I'm not. I just have a different opinion.
Introducing Blockchain would be the death of UO (at least as we know it) and thus I just point out how bad this idea is and how disconnected your suggestions are from reality.

Refusing to accept any change and reacting impulsively to innovative ideas without considering their potential benefits can indeed limit the growth and evolution of a beloved game.
Sorry to break it, adding blockchain is not an innovative idea. Look at other games, who tried and where they are now.
I am quite open to change, but only meaningful change. I.e. I'm looking forward to NL and hope for a good season theme. I'm also looking forward to new NL seasons with new ideas which shake up of how you play UO. That's the beauty of seasons, you can go wild without affecting PROD.

attract a fresh wave of enthusiastic players, ensuring the game's continued relevance and success in the dynamic gaming industry
This is where it starts getting ludicrous.
You won't attract new players without a complete remake of the game. Client wise as well as systems-wise and obviously server-wise too.
UO had its fair share of relevance in the MMO genre. It won't come back. Apparently you don't really have an idea, how that genre changed in the last 26 years...
Enjoy it as it is and as long as it lasts. And I hope it will last like this another 26 years...

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No, I'm not. I just have a different opinion.
Introducing Blockchain would be the death of UO (at least as we know it) and thus I just point out how bad this idea is and how disconnected your suggestions are from reality.

Sorry to break it, adding blockchain is not an innovative idea. Look at other games, who tried and where they are now.
I am quite open to change, but only meaningful change. I.e. I'm looking forward to NL and hope for a good season theme. I'm also looking forward to new NL seasons with new ideas which shake up of how you play UO. That's the beauty of seasons, you can go wild without affecting PROD.

This is where it starts getting ludicrous.
You won't attract new players without a complete remake of the game. Client wise as well as systems-wise and obviously server-wise too.
UO had its fair share of relevance in the MMO genre. It won't come back. Apparently you don't really have an idea, how that genre changed in the last 26 years...
Enjoy it as it is and as long as it lasts. And I hope it will last like this another 26 years...
FYI When you’re done gaslighting there is an event going! Just thought I’d point that out! Hope you find some joy! Cya in game.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Spitfyre, your updates have been thoughtful. Coming from a finance and investing background, your business plan has good frame work and is clearly thought out.

That said, I have some feed back of my own:

• From a finance perspective, the broader NFT market has proven to be a bit of a dud with some major flameouts, despite having some initial momentum. Various art related NFTs were over valued, over sold and then crashed in value. Quite simply put, use of NFTs as a financial instrument just hasn’t caught on yet. This uncertainty / instability would be a major risk for a mature title like Ultima Online, especially given that a financial instrument as exotic as NFTs are generally more palatable for a younger crowd – not the particular space UO’s player base is derived from.

• From a business perspective, EA’s 2023 EBITDA is estimated to be roughly $1,868,000,000 on gross revenue of $7,426,000,000. For arguments sake, let’s say there at 15K subscribers in UO who pay monthly at $15, plus an additional 10% for UO Store purchases… this would put the revenue generated by UO at approximately $3 million - a very generous estimate. This is before paying staff and making a contribution from the Broadsword subsidiary up to EA… let’s say after all said and done, you’re left with $1 million profit/EBITDA directly generated by UO. Comparative to EA’s total revenue and income, UO is truly just a drop in the bucket. Despite what anyone in this community thinks, this game is no where on their radar. The amount of money EA would have to invest into some type of NFT exchange just to set it up (think legal fees and compliance costs), let alone costs to continue to operate it afterward, would likely far exceed the few million dollars of revenue that UO generates in a given year.

• My ultimate point – I think your idea would work great with a game that had a larger and younger player base, where there was an ultimate owner who had a more vested interest in taking a risky and unique approach to monetizing their titles. EA is known for its very conservative approach and likely wouldn’t be a candidate for this. And thus, I don’t think this idea would be successful for UO. Our player base is quite set in their ways and changing the way their game is monetized would likely be too great of a shock for majority of the base to want to deal with.

• One particular positive I want to highlight would be in your bullet point 6 regarding marketing. You've hit on an underserved business area. I think UO is way behind in marketing on even the most basic scale. While there is a “Community Manager” with an Instragram profile, they should have someone who is really doing more. IG posts every few days. Making some fun videos with new content. Interviewing EMs to talk about their upcoming story lines and other members of the community to talk about what’s going on. Posting up some tutorials on YouTube. Small ad banners on gaming websites. Someone who could reach out to the Discord channels for guilds of all sizes. All examples of areas where even a title like UO could be doing a lot more to get out the word that we’re still here. Every year at the anniversary, there are articles celebrating UO’s age – this would be a perfect time for a mini-campaign with some of those types of examples. But alas, we do not make proper use of that goodwill the gaming world still has for UO’s historical impact in this genre.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This will just create a two class society, the ones who just want to play and the ones who try to earn a big buck with blockchain/NFTs.
This right here.

People trying to make a buck off the game turned it into the festering, trash-filled swamp it has become.

Introducing NFTs and digital assets into games has been done. The problem is that it always becomes all about that and not about the game actually being fun to play. I don't believe that when UO was designed that anyone even considered the idea of digital assets actually having real value. They just made a game that was fun to play.

I believe that UO was made to be an engine for role-playing. It is why you start the game, even today, with a book and a candle. It's why there are a bunch of foods and drinks even though they are pretty much useless. It is why we all remember players like imanewbie, Belan the looter, and Chad Sexington. The development team (this one in particular) already focuses too much on digital assets, and in my opinion, broke the game forever by catering to these "collectors" to the point where players like the ones listed above will never play again.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Spitfyre, your updates have been thoughtful. Coming from a finance and investing background, your business plan has good frame work and is clearly thought out.

That said, I have some feed back of my own:

• From a finance perspective, the broader NFT market has proven to be a bit of a dud with some major flameouts, despite having some initial momentum. Various art related NFTs were over valued, over sold and then crashed in value. Quite simply put, use of NFTs as a financial instrument just hasn’t caught on yet. This uncertainty / instability would be a major risk for a mature title like Ultima Online, especially given that a financial instrument as exotic as NFTs are generally more palatable for a younger crowd – not the particular space UO’s player base is derived from.

• From a business perspective, EA’s 2023 EBITDA is estimated to be roughly $1,868,000,000 on gross revenue of $7,426,000,000. For arguments sake, let’s say there at 15K subscribers in UO who pay monthly at $15, plus an additional 10% for UO Store purchases… this would put the revenue generated by UO at approximately $3 million - a very generous estimate. This is before paying staff and making a contribution from the Broadsword subsidiary up to EA… let’s say after all said and done, you’re left with $1 million profit/EBITDA directly generated by UO. Comparative to EA’s total revenue and income, UO is truly just a drop in the bucket. Despite what anyone in this community thinks, this game is no where on their radar. The amount of money EA would have to invest into some type of NFT exchange just to set it up (think legal fees and compliance costs), let alone costs to continue to operate it afterward, would likely far exceed the few million dollars of revenue that UO generates in a given year.

• My ultimate point – I think your idea would work great with a game that had a larger and younger player base, where there was an ultimate owner who had a more vested interest in taking a risky and unique approach to monetizing their titles. EA is known for its very conservative approach and likely wouldn’t be a candidate for this. And thus, I don’t think this idea would be successful for UO. Our player base is quite set in their ways and changing the way their game is monetized would likely be too great of a shock for majority of the base to want to deal with.

• One particular positive I want to highlight would be in your bullet point 6 regarding marketing. You've hit on an underserved business area. I think UO is way behind in marketing on even the most basic scale. While there is a “Community Manager” with an Instragram profile, they should have someone who is really doing more. IG posts every few days. Making some fun videos with new content. Interviewing EMs to talk about their upcoming story lines and other members of the community to talk about what’s going on. Posting up some tutorials on YouTube. Small ad banners on gaming websites. Someone who could reach out to the Discord channels for guilds of all sizes. All examples of areas where even a title like UO could be doing a lot more to get out the word that we’re still here. Every year at the anniversary, there are articles celebrating UO’s age – this would be a perfect time for a mini-campaign with some of those types of examples. But alas, we do not make proper use of that goodwill the gaming world still has for UO’s historical impact in this genre.
Thank you for putting this into a little better understanding, not only for me but for others as well!! Wonderful food for thought and things i have not thought through as of yet. You make solid points and I agree with them totally. I am just a blue-collar worker with a deep passion for writing and bringing ideas to life. I am guilty of going hyperfocus mode on ideas, good or bad, and this one has been with me a while. I've been working on this idea for over 2 years steady and am determined to put UO back on EAs radar and hopefully address some of these very valid points you listed. I'll put some thought into how a person could approach the powers that be with these ideas and hopefully come up with a legit path forward to jumpstarting this game. My thought was to go directly to EA and not do my first thought and bring it to Bonnie first. i suspect there is drama around this too as well, in house. I'm researching, gathering information and will work something up and post it for some feedback at a later date. again, I appreciate your time, and everyone else, that took a look and felt the need to share ideas be they good or bad.
THANK you again!

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3. Market Opportunity:

Break down the development costs versus any hardware & licensing costs.

Where are you getting a 25% estimation on ROI from? According to Forbes the average spend on NFT per user in 2023 is $115 per year. With $10 million in initial expenditures, you'd need ~87k users. While we don't know current subscriber numbers, the accepted estimation is 15k active users. That would be a 480% increase in the first year assuming ever single user purchased an NFT. This does not take into account that the age demographic of someone willing to purchase NFTs is the 20 to 30 age bracket, while the majority of UO's age demographic falls in the 45+ bracket. Additionally according to a Wallstreet Journal article, adoption rate of NFT within a user base is 5%. Given these last two points, a 25% ROI within the first year is aggressive beyond reason.

4. Product Description:

5. Competitive Analysis:
Please expand on this mention of contemporary gaming standards. NFTs alone will not bring UO into contemporary gaming standards. It's an aged gaming system that no longer conforms to MMO best practices. It would be a significant lift to update. What are envisioning taking place here to bring the game up to contemporary standards? Simply updating the graphics as mentioned in item four bullet one will not achieve a competitive edge in the marketplace

6. Marketing Strategy:
These are good ideas and something UO should be doing regardless of NFTs or not.

9. Implementation Plan:
Break down the milestones. Given the current team dynamic, your 18-month timeline is not achievable as NL has been in development for 48 months and has just recently achieved Alpha

This was a good thought exercise though ultimately not something that would be feasible or valuable to EA or Broadsword.

Last edited:

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This right here.

People trying to make a buck off the game turned it into the festering, trash-filled swamp it has become.

Introducing NFTs and digital assets into games has been done. The problem is that it always becomes all about that and not about the game actually being fun to play. I don't believe that when UO was designed that anyone even considered the idea of digital assets actually having real value. They just made a game that was fun to play.

I believe that UO was made to be an engine for role-playing. It is why you start the game, even today, with a book and a candle. It's why there are a bunch of foods and drinks even though they are pretty much useless. It is why we all remember players like imanewbie, Belan the looter, and Chad Sexington. The development team (this one in particular) already focuses too much on digital assets, and in my opinion, broke the game forever by catering to these "collectors" to the point where players like the ones listed above will never play again.
there are at least 5 people you could list right now living off this game, manipulating values anyway they can, as well as those that horde everything of value to control pricing, to just point out a few helpful people. that doesn't even take into account the scammers actively trying to rip people off, just like any game. To act like we don't have that system of Haves and have nots in this game already is a JOKE! Greed did help break the game but laying down and crying won't change it...posting about how dumb ideas are wont change it. the social part of uo and the market is one of the huge and only reasons this game is even still active. there are 15-20k people probably at best paying for this game as was pointed out. I've checked a few spots, and it claims 15-50k subs roughly....I'd say 90% of those do not play and are just active accounts so you don't lose your stuff. the other 10%.... well those are all getting codes from Russia for pennies on the dollar... so how does that help the developers fund or do anything positive with the game? so yeah, at best maybe 2k logins a day? maybe its higher than that. The point I'm trying to make is not only is this game losing money at insane amounts yearly. Seems like a lot of people prefer the game does no forward walking and just slowly crawls into that grave that negativity and greed has helped dig for it. those same people are the first to complain about everything too. People heard change and started in with the why doing nothing would be better than trying something. it's quite 2023 of us honestly. I'm used to hear why things are dumb, can't work, ignorant, foolish in my life. Makes me lots of money. HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!!

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My opinion is that the best thing that could happen for this game is to pull the plug and set these poor people free from the chains of the "digital assets" that keep them in their $15 per month prison of mediocrity. Maybe then they would open their eyes to the community of developers that actually have talent and passion for the game. I admit there would probably be a period of mourning the loss of their pixel junk, but I think eventually the players would get over it and attempt to rebuild their digital empires elsewhere. Perhaps a place that enforces their rules and cares about the concerns of players without trying to fleece them out of their cash.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can pay Joe 10 plats for your rares but they are still owned by EA.

What a waste of time for anyone reading all that..

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My opinion is that the best thing that could happen for this game is to pull the plug and set these poor people free from the chains of the "digital assets" that keep them in their $15 per month prison of mediocrity
The only people with that kind opinion are the entitled old vets that no longer play and just come here to troll, agreed things need to change but not by pulling the plug...

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's crucial to distinguish between development costs and other project-related expenses like hardware and licensing. Development costs typically include salaries for the development team, software tools, equipment, and any external services related to creating the game. These are the primary expenses in building the game itself.

Hardware costs might include server infrastructure, networking equipment, and data center expenses. Licensing costs could involve fees associated with using certain development tools, game engines, or third-party software.

While achieving a 25% ROI within the first year can be ambitious, it's based on the assumption that a significant number of users would engage with NFTs, and that their average spend on NFTs is consistent with the Forbes estimate. The concerns about user demographics and adoption rates for NFTs are valid and should be factored into a more detailed financial model.

Ultimately, my estimations are a starting point, and refining these projections would require more in-depth financial analysis, taking into account a variety of factors. These might include user acquisition costs, pricing strategies, and the potential revenue streams beyond NFTs, such as subscription fees, microtransactions, and other monetization strategies. Collaborating with financial experts or conducting a detailed feasibility study can help provide a more accurate financial projection. The commitment to running the numbers and seeking data-based insights is an essential step toward a more comprehensive financial plan for the project.

let's address your questions while considering the clarified focus on revenue from subscriptions, NFTs for item tracking, and the challenges of updating an aging game to contemporary standards:

3. Market Opportunity:

The market opportunity, as clarified, relies on attracting both seasoned Ultima Online players and a new generation of gamers. While the revenue source primarily comes from subscriptions and not NFT sales, projections indicate substantial revenue potential. However, it's important to remember that attracting a new generation to an older MMORPG may require significant efforts in modernization and marketing.

With the emphasis on subscription revenue and non-monetization of NFTs, the 25% ROI estimation might need to be reevaluated. It's essential to consider realistic growth projections based on subscriber numbers and cost management. The ROI should be based on subscription revenue, not NFT sales, and the numbers will need to be adjusted accordingly.

4. Product Description:

To bring Ultima Online up to contemporary gaming standards, more than just updated graphics will be required. This may include revamping gameplay mechanics, improving user interface, optimizing server performance, and enhancing player engagement features. The integration of NFTs, while primarily for item tracking, should not be the sole focus for modernization.

5. Competitive Analysis:

You are correct in pointing out that NFTs alone won't bring Ultima Online up to contemporary gaming standards. Modernization should encompass not only NFTs but a comprehensive overhaul of the game to meet contemporary MMO best practices. The document should provide a more detailed plan for achieving these standards.

6. Marketing Strategy:

Agreed, these marketing strategies should be applied regardless of NFT integration. Marketing and community engagement are crucial for attracting and retaining players.

9. Implementation Plan:

The development timeline should be realistically extended if the team has struggled to meet development milestones. Proper planning is essential to ensure the successful execution of a project as complex as modernizing Ultima Online. In summary, the proposal would benefit from a more detailed and realistic financial projection based on subscription revenue, a comprehensive modernization plan, and an achievable development timeline. While the concept of using NFTs for item tracking and not for cash flow is valid, the success of modernizing an older MMORPG depends on a holistic approach that aligns with contemporary gaming standards and player expectations.

spitfyre of C@K

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Recreating Ultima Online with a budget of $10,000,000 could indeed be more cost-effective than starting an entirely new project for several reasons:

1. Existing Game Foundation: Ultima Online already has an established game world, lore, and mechanics. Rebuilding from scratch would require designing these elements anew, which can be time-consuming and costly.
  2. Player Base: Ultima Online has a loyal player base. Rebuilding the game allows you to leverage this existing community, potentially reducing marketing and acquisition costs compared to a completely new project.
  3. Game Design and Documentation: Much of the game design and documentation can be carried over or updated from the original game, saving time and costs compared to designing a new game concept from the ground up.
  4. Assets and Content: While updating assets and content is an expense, you can still reuse some of the original assets and focus on improving them rather than creating everything anew. This can save both time and money.
  5. Licensing and Intellectual Property: You already own the rights to Ultima Online, so there are no licensing costs associated with using the IP.
  6. Player Engagement: The nostalgia factor is a powerful engagement tool. Many players may return for the updated version of a beloved classic, reducing the need for aggressive marketing strategies.
  7. NFT Integration: If the primary purpose of NFTs is item tracking and collectibles and not as a primary source of revenue, the implementation can be more straightforward and cost-effective, focusing on functionality rather than complex monetization.
However, it's important to note that the success of such a project hinge on careful planning, a realistic scope, and efficient resource allocation. The budget allocation provided is a good starting point, but the actual expenses can vary based on project specifics, team expertise, and unforeseen challenges.

Additionally, it's crucial to manage expectations and communicate clearly with the community, especially regarding the purpose of NFTs and their role in the game. A transparent approach can help mitigate potential controversies and ensure the project's success.

What I was basing my starting point off of is listed below:

Project Phases and Estimated Budget Allocation:

Project Planning and Analysis:
Initial planning, market research, and team assembly. Budget allocation: $500,000

Game Design and Documentation: Detailed game design, storyline, and feature specifications. Budget allocation: $500,000

Development Phase: Development of game client, server, and core systems. Budget allocation: $6,000,000

Asset Creation: Creating or updating in-game assets, including characters, environments, and objects. Budget allocation: $1,500,000

Sound and Music: Composing original music, sound effects, and voiceovers. Budget allocation: $500,000

Testing and Quality Assurance: QA testing, bug fixing, and performance optimization. Budget allocation: $1,000,000

Server Infrastructure: Developing and maintaining server infrastructure. Budget allocation: $1,500,000

Marketing and Promotion: Marketing, advertising, community management, events, and promotional materials. Budget allocation: $500,000

Legal and Administrative Costs: Legal support, contracts, and administrative expenses. Budget allocation: $500,000

Contingency Budget: Allocate a contingency budget of at least 10-20% of the total development budget to account for unforeseen expenses. Budget allocation: $1,000,000

Post-launch Support: Budget for ongoing post-launch support, including patches, updates, and customer service. Budget allocation: Ongoing, depending on the duration of post-launch support.

NFT Integration (Optional): If you choose to integrate NFTs for item tracking and collectibles, allocate resources for NFT system development and blockchain integration. Budget allocation: Depends on the complexity of the NFT implementation.

This budget plan allocates approximately $10,000,000 to various phases of the project. It's essential to closely manage costs, prioritize features and content, and make strategic decisions to stay within budget. The specific allocation and execution would require detailed planning and collaboration with a development team experienced in MMORPGs. The key to success is maintaining a realistic scope that aligns with the available budget.

THIS IS AN ESTIMATION ONLY, I pulled numbers off of other projects I was able to search when I was trying to nail a cost down.

Last edited: