• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A plea about the new Dragons and one for White Wyrms

G

I like the new change of beefed up dragons. But please give tamers a chance to upgrade existing dragons to the 5 slot versions, maybe by paying gold (I have no problem with it even if its lots) to an existing or new NPC (or perhaps even a dragon NPC), a quest or something. I really would like to keep my existing dragons as I've had them since long before the Felucca/Trammel split even. Same for my WW, which I'd also like to see beefed up versions of. (5 slot WW)

G

Hmmmm, not too many left it seems that like their existing pets so much that they'd like a change :/

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry just woke up.

I like the idea to get a quest to raise a older dragon to a new one. Maybe you need on a journey and kill certain things to find the inner dragons ultimate powers.Mmm sounds like Pokemon.....

I like a 5 slot WW too.

But most my pets are all GM skilled. I wonder if they go trough the journey and when they finaly change that they loose some of there skills they have now so you need to relearn some of them?

Oh and maybe limit it to 1 time a character.

G

Simply paying gold to make the dragon super strong does not seem very sensible. This was probably a relatively easy change. If they had to makes quests and other stuff then it simply wouldn't be possible because of other things that need to be done.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like the new change of beefed up dragons. But please give tamers a chance to upgrade existing dragons to the 5 slot versions, maybe by paying gold (I have no problem with it even if its lots) to an existing or new NPC (or perhaps even a dragon NPC), a quest or something. I really would like to keep my existing dragons as I've had them since long before the Felucca/Trammel split even. Same for my WW, which I'd also like to see beefed up versions of. (5 slot WW)

[/ QUOTE ]I would give up riding a mare for a beefed up White Wyrm. But then I also am a old fan of the Dragon riders of Pern and would ask that someday they fix it so we can ride them.

G

I think 5 slots for anything is to much 4 would have been fine because you can't ride them being able to ride an ethy would have been great you still can't ride a mare or other powerful creature with a beefed up dragon but being stuck on foot completely is a bit much. I think it is either time to reduce the number of slots back to 4 on dragons or make dragons a mount.

G

Well, if I "just" wanted a new dragon I could go tame it...but what I want is my "old" pixels beefed and I'd be willing to pay a lot for it too (millions even)...at least it would be a gold sink too.

Just make it so expensive that its only worth it for those who *absolutely* want their old pets exchanged.

G

*nods*
I have had my dragon over 7 years now... or is it 8?
Either way I'd be sad to "replace" him. He's such a loyal friend for so long.

*sigh*

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] Then I want to be able to pay lots of gold to beef up my weapon/armor also. Its all about balance right?

I

imported_Sarphus

I've been waiting for a 5 slot pet... I think these dragons are great and every tamer has the option to get a 5 slot dragon or stick with their current pets. This dragon is well balanced with existing pets and I think it should remain a 5 slot power pet. Nothing is forcing anyone to tame one. You can just tame one if you want a pet like the new dragons.

I'm indifferent on upgrading existing dragons, but I don't see how it could be done well... I think the devs way of putting in the 5 slot dragons is a great way to do it and I think their way is actually superior to any of the suggested changes I've read since the devs put in the 5 slot dragon.

I don't want a 4 slot dragon, I want a 5 slot dragon. A 4 slot dragon would basically be an unrideable hiryu that breathes fire... *yawn* If you want a 4 slot dragon, might I suggest you go tame a hiryu?

G

Sar I don't think he was complaining about the number of control slots.....
I could be wrong but I don't read it that way.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ] Then I want to be able to pay lots of gold to beef up my weapon/armor also. Its all about balance right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you could just go out and tame you a new weapon/armor, then there would be no balance issue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sar I don't think he was complaining about the number of control slots.....
I could be wrong but I don't read it that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you read it correctly

G

I like my existing 3-slot dragons and wyrms just fine, Chaos. I also have room for a five-slotter dragon in each of my tamers' stables.

Like Sarphus and others, I'm actually excited about this.

I'm gutted though not altogether surprised that none of the pvpers currently squealing "zOmg z0v3rp0w3r3d 5uP3r D7aG0n is teh 3nd of pvp 4eva!!!11!1" are actually concerned or even interested enough to take me up on my invitation to play with my TC1 Super Dragons to test them out for themselves.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
<blockquote><hr>

If you could just go out and tame you a new weapon/armor, then there would be no balance issue.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've spent just as much, if not more, time and effort farming and training pets, as any average respectable pvp'r does getting good gear, and then on top of that I've spent just as much time again on my suit.

If you want any old pet, yes, after you've spent the many hours training your taming skill (far more than the average pvp warrior spends training their skills), you can go out, and tame the first pet of whatever sort you are looking for (that is of course after you've figured out how to do it successfully). And then you can go off and gleefully pwn orcs, ettins, and elementals.

But if you want to have any chance in pvp against strong opponents, or against higher end content, you will find that spending the time to farm for a quality pet, and then spending the hours required to train that pet will, will be the difference between success, and having to beg rezzes for yourself and your pet every few minutes or so.

Statements like the above are a great example of a complete lack of understanding of the taming profession that seems to be prevalent among certain circles...

As for the original idea of the thread. I would be dead against it. My old dragon is still a very useful three slot pet, and will continue to be after the new dragon is introduced. I suggest that if your old dragon holds some sentimental value for you but you want a more powerful dragon, continue to snuggle with your old dragon and feed it the occasional goat or severed head, and go out and get yourself a greater dragon for it to play chess with...

G

There are enough OLD Bugs/Problems that still EXIST in this game without making new ones Like a 5 slot drag/ww. You would think the Devs WOULD GET THAT HINT with all the biotching that goes on in UO Hall about problems. Now add 5 slots on a Drag to me is a little bit redic, 4 ya, but not 5. It is absurd (esp when you can not even Ride it) try going thu an area infested w/ crap to get to another area where you actually want to go &amp; have it ACTUALLY Listen to you..... &amp; follow you! Even at 120 Real Tame / Lore / Vet the existing ones wander/don't listen when there are multi monsters around.

G

RTL:

I feel that the idea of 5-slot dragons is a good one, forcing someone to be on foot is always a good thing. Ninjitsu forms are a concern, however you are trading the ability to cast spells (mage) or use specials (dexer) The only thing really beneficial to your own character (defensive) you can do in a ninjitsu form is use bandaids or potions. Offensively, you only have petball and kill commands. Perhaps conflag pots. I feel petballs are the biggest concern...

*whack* sorry back on topic. I originally started typing to tell you guys I think 5 slot dragons should only have been acheiveable thru extensive, extensive training of a freshly tamed dragon. Perhaps tiers, or levels of training could be required. This way, it is even more desireable, and could be a large gold fund for tamers who can work them hard.

Granted, the coding would have been more extensive, and adding them this way was easier, and is already done. C'est la vie...

L

Lord_Asterix

So when do we get armor for our dragons and mounts etc?

That would look really cool.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I like my existing 3-slot dragons and wyrms just fine, Chaos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say you were going to be forced to upgrade your dragons, I said it would be really nice if there was a choice for those of us that have old pets.

<blockquote><hr>

Like Sarphus and others, I'm actually excited about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I didn't like this change I wouldn't be making this plea in the first place :p

G

Why do people keep acting like this would be a forced idea, I said you could give people a CHOICE.

Let it cost 10 million gold, that way it in no way pays off for anyone to do it other than those that really want it. (heck it would give me a reason to farm gold again)

G

Paying 10 million gold to upgrade your dragon isn't realistic.

G

In the same way as I wouldn't want to discover one or more of my dragons/ww's had been randomly converted into a reptalon or hiryu, I wouldn't want to learn one or more had been randomly converted into a 5-slotter uber dragon either.

Uber Dragons and Legacy Dragons fill very, very different niches.

My 3-slotter drags/ww's will continue being useful often because they are paired with a 2-slotter. Some pairings even permit me to be mounted...and as a non-stealthing, non-ninja tamer, that's a definite plus when I need to beat feet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, make it like a quest where you have to turn in 10 1 million checks.
It was just a number thrown out there to show that its not to create some cheap backway to get the new dragons, but I really *DO* want my current pets upgraded.

G

<blockquote><hr>

In the same way as I wouldn't want to discover one or more of my dragons/ww's had been randomly converted into a reptalon or hiryu, I wouldn't want to learn one or more had been randomly converted into a 5-slotter uber dragon either.

Uber Dragons and Legacy Dragons fill very, very different niches.

My 3-slotter drags/ww's will continue being useful often because they are paired with a 2-slotter. Some pairings even permit me to be mounted...and as a non-stealthing, non-ninja tamer, that's a definite plus when I need to beat feet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh...?

Again, I didn't say *anything* about anyone elses pets getting changed against their will. I am talking about a voluntary change you can make to your existing dragons if you so desire. If you want to keep your dragons at 3 slots, you just go on normally.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just a number thrown out there to show that its not to create some cheap backway to get the new dragons, but I really *DO* want my current pets upgraded.

[/ QUOTE ]I just don't see the logic, Chaos.

Best I can do is offer you one of my tamed super-dragons on TC1 and you will see for yourself they are very different critters.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you tame a new one? Attached to your pixels? ROFL!!!!!!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Funny, silly, soppy, or not, I am attached to my pixel pets. So ner.

I

imported_Lord Kynd

does this meen no more ethy mounts or chargers ?
tamers have to run around on foot now ?

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ya, I get attached to my pixels as well... until I find a better one. But for me it is all about memories. I don't have any problem selling an old favourite pet if I have found a better one, I won't forget the fun I had with that pet, and that is what I treasure.

I'll tell you why I think upgrading pets is a bad idea. I have spent hundreds of hours looking for good quality pets, and for me that is a great deal of the fun of having a good quality stable, the process of finding them. That is just as much a quest as anything for me. I just don't know how you would deal with stats if you could upgrade a pet.

If they are just random stats after they are "upgraded", then I would be destroying the pet I spent hundreds of hours farming for, for what would surely be one that is not of comparable quality. If their new stats were the old stats transposed (ie. if you had max hits on your old one, you would have max hits on your upgraded one), that would be completely unfair. It is much much easier to find a really good quality dragon, than it will be to find a good quality greater dragon.

Now, I suppose of they had some way of breeding pets, so they would grow from a drake, to a dragon, to a greater dragon, given time and feeding, and the potential to breed for certain characteristics, that might be a great deal of fun, but that would involve an entirely new system, as complex, or maybe more complex than the seeds and plants system.

edit: Now that I've thought about it some more, I wouldn't have a problem with a quest that would allow your dragon to grow into a greater dragon, or a system of some sort, as long as it was involved and challenging, and stats after the transformation were random. I guess that is what UO is all about, choices, and you could choose to go tame a greater dragon, or you could let your dragon grow into a greater dragon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I just don't see the logic, Chaos.

Best I can do is offer you one of my tamed super-dragons on TC1 and you will see for yourself they are very different critters.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see your objection. You're objecting to things I didn't even propose.

What does that they're different critters have to do with anything.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

does this meen no more ethy mounts or chargers ?
tamers have to run around on foot now ?

[/ QUOTE ]

With those new Dragons, Yes.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Its more then pixels, its the history you had with that pet you tamed years ago. All the time you spend together with the same dragon. It would be nice to see our old faithfull companion "grow" in a more powerfull and mighty beast.

Yes we can all tame a new dragon, and i know i will go get a new one too. But its still a different dragon from the loyal faithfull "friend" you spend years with. The first pet you ever tamed and raised and spend so many adventures with.

I think i understand well why Lord Chaos want to "upgrade" his most dear pet!

I

imported_Sarphus

that's a little ambiguous and I'm not really sure what you're saying.

I was responding to more than one of his posts in this thread with a single post. The comment about keeping the dragon 5 slot was in reference to his comment about making it a 4 slot dragon so he could ride an ethy. I would hate to see them do that to such a wonderful dragon...

I don't care about people being able to upgrade existing dragons for the most part, but I don't really understand people's bond to their current pets. Apparently I'm wired differently because all I care about in pets is that they have good stats. That's not to say that I think people who have an attachment to their pets shouldn't also be taken care of. I think all legitimate playstyles should be taken care of...

The only thing that concerns me about allowing people to upgrade existing dragons is that it would allow them to forego the risk of taming a 5 slotter and just pay to upgrade a newly tamed 3 slotter. If dragon upgrades can only be done to dragons that were bonded when the patch went live, I'd be ok with that. I wouldn't upgrade my 3 slot dragon. I like having a 3 slotter as well as a 5 slotter.

I would love to see a 5 slot version of the white wyrm. I would also like to see content in SA where there are lots of WW like you have lots of dragons in destard. Actually, it would be cool if there was a cave with nothing but 5 slot WW or maybe a new, untameable critter called an ancient white wyrm. I'm not sure if that jives with what the abyss is supposed to be, though.

Another way more powerful WW could be introduced would be to add a new level to ice dungeon where WW spawn. It probably wouldn't need that much map work... it could be a mostly open area... a lair. Another upgrade I think ice dungeon needs is an upgrade to ice fiends both in loot and difficulty. They are a joke for their fame level.

I

imported_Sarphus

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think a LOT of people would pay that. There are a lot of tamers out there that will never get rid of their first dragon, etc. Most tamers suffer a shortage in stable space, which directly conflicts with the idea of keeping your first drag AND getting a new one.

I think a lot of tamers would pay 10 mil to upgrade their existing dragon. I wouldn't... It would be a good gold sink at 10 mil

I will spend big gold on items that have mods I want, though... I recently dropped 12 mil to a collections quest to get a pair of those paladin glasses. 30% DI on my face!

We all get excited about something...

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think this is the best idea with the new drags.

i think they should be the ultimate, aged ones , converted.

G

Good idea, although i would prefer it if they Evolved/Ascended somehow, not a gold sink, like if they reached 7xGM, or if you acquired certain rare ingredients off of Rikktor or Paragon Great Wyrms (Which is what i think the new "Super Dragons" should be called) and had a GM Cook make it into a food that you can feed to your Dragon or WW to evolve them. Their' Great Wyrm Stats/Resists would be based on they're Stats as a "normal". This would make it to where you would actually have to work to evolve your Dragon/WW, instead of just dropping a bunch of gold on a NPC, which some player's can't afford.

Would also be cool to be able to transform a Dragon or WW with GM Magery/Eval/Med into a Dracolich (Skeletal Dragon). The Dracolich would be able to use both Magery and Necromancy spells, like Skeletal Dragons, but have some drawbacks to them. Could require another Ingredient (Attainable from Neira the Necromancer?) and a buttload of Regular and Mining Gems, to create a Phylactery. The Phylactery would act as a Pet Ball with unlimited charges for the Dracolich, but have a "cooldown timer" of 5 minutes after using it. If the Dracolich is killed, it is auto stabled with a loss to it's skills, and you would have to wait 10 minutes to be able to claim it from the stables or to summon it with the Phylactery, this would simulate it having to gather it's power to be able to re-corporealize. Could implement a system to where the Dragon/WW doesn't immediately transform into a Dracolich, but take like 1 RL week, like the bonding timer. If it's killed during this "Transformation Phase" however, it dies permanently, it's soul is destroyed because the transference of it's soul from the Body to the Phylactery wasn't complete upon the time of death.

I have a 7xGM WW named Hades that i tamed when WWs first came out, he does not eat Gold, he still obeys the Drop command, and he still does Frostbreath every now and then. Hades has high end Stats/Resists. I didn't keep him stuffed in the stables either, i used him constantly, he's survived more horrifying battles than you can shake a stick at, including the once dreaded Terathan Keep and Ophidian Lair. I would die, run to Papua or Delucia to get rezzed, come back expecting to find him dead (This was before bonding), and see nothing but Terathan or Ophidian Corpses EVERYWHERE and he would still be at 2/3 health chomping them. Hades won 1st place in the Napa Valley WW Tournament awhile back. He is quite possibly the oldest WW on Napa, if not UO.

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I realized I said this before, but at first this idea bothered me. It doesn't any more. I think a great deal of fun could be had with this idea with a little effort on the part of our poor besieged devs...

I also like the idea of breeding pets. I think that could also be a great deal of fun.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to "quest" your way to upgrading your current dragon, then currency should have nothing to do with it.

How about "the legacy dragon has to kill one of EVERY non-named creature in the game?"
This could be done in partnership with another pet, but the dragon has to be at each battle.

There - a training regime to boost your legacy dragon to ""Elder" status, that doesn't rely on the depth of your pockets.

FWIW, nothing will make me abandon or convert my current dragon. It was the first one I tamed, and has a sentimental value which outweighs its' weaknesses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you to death Noxin, but using "Dragon" and "realistic" in the same sentence like that just really doesn't fly =P

I say let em pay to upgrade. Im going to laugh my ass off when they get a weaker one then they'd have gotten if they'd just tamed a new one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I just don't see the logic, Chaos.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see your objection. You're objecting to things I didn't even propose.

What does that they're different critters have to do with anything.

[/ QUOTE ]If I tame an eagle, if I just keep it in my stables long enough and fling some gold at it maybe, it's NOT going to one day become Swoop, Pyre or The Phoenix - it's an eagle. My 9yr old horse won't (and shouldn't to my mind) one day be upgraded to a War Horse, or a Unicorn/Ki-rin, Fire Steed, or a Nightmare - it will remain always &amp; forever a horse.

Sarphus summed it up for me, bless'im, he said:- "The only thing that concerns me about allowing people to upgrade existing dragons is that it would allow them to forego the risk of taming a 5 slotter and just pay to upgrade a newly tamed 3 slotter."

A tamer is in no way obligated to obtain a 5-slotter dragon. If a tamer wants one, he or she should go out &amp; tame one or even purchase one from a tamer who has taken the risk &amp; successfully tamed a 5-slotter dragon.

Taming them is fun enough that I'll probably return to selling pets again!

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

It would set a very bad example if players could just request what they like and pay uo gold to have it. You seem to forget that we've had years of people requesting murder count reprieves for gold. If it did go through then I'd be right back on these boards requesting a blessed replenish charge everything slayer instrument because of all the hard work I put in 120'ing my bards skills.

Aside from that it was mentioned you want to upgrade your old pet because you've had it for a long time... well if you upgrade it, it won't be your old pet anymore will it? It'll be a completely different one.

How exactly would things like bonding, the old pet being trained, the stats/resists/skills of the upgrade work? When you take all those things in to consideration how would it be any different from you releasing your old pet and taming a new one? Other than you'd have to actually put the effort in to tame it.

It doesn't make sense to say you want to upgrade your old pet because as soon as you do it's not your old pet anymore. It sounds as though someones just trying to get around the bonding/training or something.

G

For people like me who have mastered the art of Lead Taming long ago, taming them Great Wyrms isn't much of a problem. I even lead tame Rune Beetles.

I think they should make it harder to Evolve your 3 Slot Dragon/WW into a Great Wyrm than to tame one, due to the fact that the Dragon/WW's Stats/Resists should determine what their' Stats/Resists would be as a Great Wyrm. Like the suggestions i posted above, getting a pet to 7xGM isn't all that easy, especially the Magery part, even when the Pet is Discoed and is training on a Shadow Ore Ele, it can take forever for them to even gain 0.1. Plus the chance to get the ingredient off of Rikktor or a Paragon Great Wyrm to craft into something that can evolve them should be very rare.

You said you wouldn't expect your Eagle to become a Swoop, Pyre or Phoenix (Which is basically what Pyre is, just a named one) if you kept it a long time, understandable. However with Dragons it should be different, after all, the UO Lore (And Lore from several other myths/games) states that they never stop growing during their lifetime. How do Ancient Wyrms come to exist (Lore wise)? Simple, they're incredibly old and powerful Dragons that have survived countless battles throughout their lifetime.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

You said you wouldn't expect your Eagle to become a Swoop, Pyre or Phoenix (Which is basically what Pyre is, just a named one) if you kept it a long time, understandable. However with Dragons it should be different, after all, the UO Lore (And Lore from several other myths/games) states that they never stop growing during their lifetime. How do Ancient Wyrms come to exist (Lore wise)? Simple, they're incredibly old and powerful Dragons that have survived countless battles throughout their lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't lore-wise in reference to dragons about their age talking in 1000's of years not the pale in comparrison 10 that UO has gone for? In that way your oldest dragon should actually be degraded in to a drake as it is a maximum of 10 years old.

G

If evolving Hades to a Great Wyrm meant him losing his Frostbreath, his refusal to eat gold and his ability to understand the "Drop" command, i wouldn't evolve him. However i would evolve both of my Red Dragons on my Tamers, Hercules and Deftclaw Redreaver, or evolve my other Tamer/Mage's WW, Grimnoshtadrano.

G

Time in Brittania passes 12 times faster than it does in RL. Ever count how long it takes from day to turn to night and day again in UO? 2 Hours. Thus my WW Hades would be at least 100 Years older than he was when i tamed him, and White Wyrms are already old Dragons.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It would set a very bad example if players could just request what they like and pay uo gold to have it.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed!

<blockquote><hr>

Aside from that it was mentioned you want to upgrade your old pet because you've had it for a long time... well if you upgrade it, it won't be your old pet anymore will it? It'll be a completely different one.

[/ QUOTE ]Again, agreed!

It may be that you have me confused with Lord Chaos, or it might also be that you were responding to a previous post for convenience.

Purely for the avoidance of any doubt whatsoever, I do not have any desire to lose the dragons/wyrms I already have nor do I wish for any ability to change/grow/evolve/etc them into something they are not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For people like me who have mastered the art of Lead Taming long ago, taming them Great Wyrms isn't much of a problem. I even lead tame Rune Beetles.

[/ QUOTE ]Pfft! I'm a lead tamer, too. Not sure how to break it to you, but most tamer folk know how to lead tame and have done since at least unbroken line of sight was required for taming and a penalty introduced for para-taming.

It actually [/b]is[/b] a challenge lead taming these Super Dragons. That said, I used my own straight mage/tamer templates, and I guess if ya don't believe a wee 9yr taming youngster like me, well, then TC1 awaits the pleasure of your presence.

<blockquote><hr>

However with Dragons it should be different, after all, the UO Lore (And Lore from several other myths/games) states that they never stop growing during their lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]Heck, I'm all for upholding Ultima history and lore - just show me where it says I can pay gold or quest to upgrade my pets into something they never were and I'll quit objecting.

<blockquote><hr>

How do Ancient Wyrms come to exist (Lore wise)? Simple, they're incredibly old and powerful Dragons that have survived countless battles throughout their lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]Somehow, I do not find it credible to imagine that the Ancient Wyrms became Ancient by requiring human/elf assistance in surviving those countless battles nor in availing themselves of the comfy confines provided by our kindly stablemasters either.

If anything, it would seem far more probable to me that those two factors would negate any ability to evolve to Elder or Ancient level/status.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

To Nico:

Yes I was just replying to the thread in general. (more specifically the OP)

I forgot to put rtlfc on it.

G

I still don't see your objection, noone is forcing you to use it.

You cite circumventing the effort in taming them? How exactly is that more effort?

If you have 10 million gold, I can garantee you you can easily buy one if a new one is what you desire.

This is for the OLD players that DO wish to have their existing pets upgraded through MUCH more effort than it takes to tame a new one or just buy a new one.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It would set a very bad example if players could just request what they like and pay uo gold to have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed!

[/ QUOTE ]

We can already do that, just buy it off a player or buy it at a token store or whatever.

I didn't say gold was the limit to it, I don't care what it entrails, make it so I have to tame TEN elder dragons to convert 1 single regular dragon...or make it 100, I don't care.

<blockquote><hr>

Aside from that it was mentioned you want to upgrade your old pet because you've had it for a long time... well if you upgrade it, it won't be your old pet anymore will it? It'll be a completely different one

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its simply an evolution, its still the same pet to me.

<blockquote><hr>

I do not have any desire to lose the dragons/wyrms I already have nor do I wish for any ability to change/grow/evolve/etc them into something they are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is forcing you to, this system won't really affect you, why are you argueing against something that matters to other players simply because it doesn't matter to you?