• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A PAH Announcement and Apology!

D

DJLandon

A Pacific Auction House Announcement and Apology!

Apologies to all, for us taking so long to make any "official" response to the unfortunate event that happened this past Saturday.

Sadly, the Pacific Auction House (PAH) and Whispering Rose Radio (WRR) Staffs are just... well maybe too trusting! And, were in a state of shock!

In the interest of supporting an event that was created and run by dedicated UO players on the Pacific Shard, PAH and WRR, allowed someone to become part of our team. Unfortunately, in the end, it became clear, after the damage was done, that he had no honor or integrity at all!

It is a mistake we made and one that we are determined not to repeat!

The Pacific Rares Festival was one of the most ambitious and complex events put together by actual UO players in recent memory. It took months of planning.

PAH and WRR thank everyone for your support.... which has been overwhelming.

The events that happened and ultimately prevented the rares Auction from occurring were regretable...

But rest assured, PAH and WRR, take full responsiblity and will be contacting those who had losses, and compensating them accordingly.

A

AND3R

Following the discovery of the missing items - people were implicated and questioned about the missing items.
The people who were questioned were on the co-owner list at the time of the theft.

The priority of the Festival Staff remained simple.
In the best interest of the the players that lost items, it was evident that anyone on that list had potential to lift the items.

During this process, there were questions asked and reasonable concern to investigate the possibility that Lineman had stolen the items.

It was fact that Lineman had some strange changes to his museum that brought unwanted attention.
This change to Lineman's house was an amazing coincidence, and our scammer quickly capitolized on it.

I assured him during the questioning that it was not personal and was simply a necessity to investigate. A promise was issued to him that once his case was proven, that a public statement would be made to ensure his reputation stayed in tact - and I would issue a public appology for insulting his honor and character.

Lineman - not only was it my distinct honor to have worked with you on this project, but a tremendous learning opportunity to have colaborated with you and a handful of other UO icons. We had a lot of fun!

However, I'm saddened and extremley sorry, to have been put into a position to question your reputation, character and integrity. I only hope these words are enough to soothe the wrath of one's greed and my quick assumption.

Ander, PRFS
2010 Pacific Rares Festival Staff

CountSilverbow

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no wonder the thief was so jumpy about not having me involved when i was asked to help with certain events ... didnt want me around pointing out all the flaws in the plan.. chuckles fyi pac shard if you need someone to trust in the future for events look for stymie or yours truly "bites"... i had some much fun doing the raffle i feel like doing one every week now hmmm... besides the drama id give the festival a big thumbs up

S

SUPRsalad

Wasn't there. I don't know what was stolen.. but I blame baron..

E

Eyes of Origin

Wasn't there. I don't know what was stolen.. but I blame baron..
lol thats not nice, does that guy even play anymore? Guess I should log in and find out huh?
It is unfortunate about what happened tho.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also want point out that I was asked 5 minutes before the roadshow to help out because one of the hosts was late. I also dropped my access as soon as the show was over. The truth was all displayed for everyone too see with solid facts and screen shots on the rares forum. But the gestapo moderators there took it down. It is a true shame because it told the facts.

B

BeefSupreme

I also want point out that I was asked 5 minutes before the roadshow to help out because one of the hosts was late. I also dropped my access as soon as the show was over. The truth was all displayed for everyone too see with solid facts and screen shots on the rares forum. But the gestapo moderators there took it down. It is a true shame because it told the facts.
Yep. I saw that post. Clear friggin evidence and it gets removed. Even the people involved admitted to it in the thread! There was no dispute!

I don't even have a dog in this fight, however it really bothers me.

R

Rand Al

Mods do not like the truth just for your info. If you post screen shots of someone doing something hard evidence yea it is getting removed they protect scammers and hackers here on stratics.

G

Gellor

I had nothing to do with deleting evidence. But I decided to look at the evidence to dig into it.

The reason the evidence was removed is because it was private messages being posted. Unfortunately, THAT isn't allowed on stratics:
From here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/faq.php
E. Private Messages are to be considered private and are not to be posted publicly unless the sender of the private message agrees. This applies to any message or communication from any source that is not normally publicly viewable.
With the above said, it sucks for those who lost their items.

B

Budweiser KDL

NP Gellor. We understand your doing your job. ;)

BTW Tet. Nice sig. Might want to think about changing it soon.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sorry but this is solely the fault of the people who run the auction house. Sucks the dude decided to be a dbag -- sucks even worse that you let him.

B

Budweiser KDL

I am sorry but this is solely the fault of the people who run the auction house. Sucks the dude decided to be a dbag -- sucks even worse that you let him.
Very true Pink. PAH and WWR need to take care of the players who lost items.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had nothing to do with deleting evidence. But I decided to look at the evidence to dig into it.

The reason the evidence was removed is because it was private messages being posted. Unfortunately, THAT isn't allowed on stratics:
From here:
http://vboards.stratics.com/faq.php

With the above said, it sucks for those who lost their items.
So if it was printed and not photos would it be allowed?

G

Gellor

The format of the private messages has no bearing: typed, screen shots, smoke signals, etc.

The posting of private messages without consent of all parties is not allowed on stratics.

In game messages I believe are the exception since there are no expectations of privacy in game. But don't hold me to that since I haven't discussed that issue with my boss *scrambles off* ;)

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked to make a post explaining my side of things or my supposed involvement in this situation. I did, I dug up all my old dsN info for stratics. Logged in and made a really long detailed post. When I went to submit it, the thread had been deleated. I was tired and frustrated so I went to bed. Had time to think afterward and I decided that I wasn't going to go through all the trouble. I had some knowledge that something might happen. I have knowledge of a conversation but because I don't take screenies of every little thing that I do or see ingame, I have no proof. I don't care if the community believes me. But here is all I am going to say. Tet is my friend and good or bad I stand by my friend. I feel bad that this happened to a degree but the bottom line is, its a game and its just pixels. Did I consider exploting the misfortune to reopen my auction house? Yes. Am I going to do it. No. Real life is so much more important to me, I have my priorities in order. Things that were said about me in general chat were mean and cruel and had no bearing on this game. The fact that an apologie was promised if I can on here and somehow implicated my friend that the upstanding and reputable person would apologize for saying what he said. Well, I don't need an apologie extracted as blackamil. News flash to the pac community I am overweight and I have medical and helath issues. For those of who who wish to join in the trash me party, my rl picture is posted in the sticky thread and has been for awhile. The man beside me loves me and thinks I am beautiful inside and out. So it doesn't really matter to me what you think.

M

Muu Bin

The format of the private messages has no bearing: typed, screen shots, smoke signals, etc.

The posting of private messages without consent of all parties is not allowed on stratics.

In game messages I believe are the exception since there are no expectations of privacy in game. But don't hold me to that since I haven't discussed that issue with my boss *scrambles off* ;)
How would one go about showing consent in order to NOT have the thread yanked? I am guessing it would be difficult to show this in a "quote" since any quote can be modified. Are you looking for a PM from all parties sent to a particular moderator for the forum in question?

G

Gellor

How would one go about showing consent in order to NOT have the thread yanked? I am guessing it would be difficult to show this in a "quote" since any quote can be modified. Are you looking for a PM from all parties sent to a particular moderator for the forum in question?
Here is the thing to consider... when does anyone post a privately talked about matter?(PM, ICQ, whatever) I'll give you a second to think about it.
It is usually when one guy is pissed off at the other and wants to troll. Soo... given this, do you honestly think both parties are going to agree to posting PMs?

So, as a general rule, if private messaging is posted, it is going to get removed. The only exception I see on this would be if something like this happened:
Guy A: Hey guy B, show them the ICQ logs.
Guy B: Okay, here they are:

If both parties are posting in a thread, I MIGHT let such logs fly. OTOH, as mentioned above, posting of logs is usually related to trolling so the thread would get nailed for that.:thumbup1:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The smoke signals gave me a chuckle

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

I find it funny how a "new" wrr pah member to stratics came out to post.. what only 6 post.. ya i smell bs and involvement in all this with the house and people involved.. still would like to know who allowed Tet to be co owner also.. everyone in the pah and wrr keep goin around the bush on who allowed him co ownership.. hrmm coverup? WHO CO OWNED HIM!!!!!

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

I was asked to make a post explaining my side of things or my supposed involvement in this situation. I did, I dug up all my old dsN info for stratics. Logged in and made a really long detailed post. When I went to submit it, the thread had been deleated. I was tired and frustrated so I went to bed. Had time to think afterward and I decided that I wasn't going to go through all the trouble. I had some knowledge that something might happen. I have knowledge of a conversation but because I don't take screenies of every little thing that I do or see ingame. I don't care if the community believes me. But here is all I am going to say. Tet is my friend and good or bad I stand by my friend. I feel bad that this happened to a degree but the bottom line is, its a game and its just pixels. Did I consider exploting the misortune to reopen my auction house? Yes. Am I going to do it. No. Real life is so much more important to me, I have my priorities in order. Things that were said about me in general chat were mean and cruel and had no bearing on this game. The fact thatan apologie was promised if I can on here and somehow implicated my friend that the upstanding and reputable person would apologize for saying what he said. Well, i don't need an apologie extracted as blackamil. News flash to the pac community I am overweight and I have medical and helath issues. For those of who who wish to join in and trash me party, my rl picture is posted in the sticky thread and has been for awhile. The man beside me loves me and thinks I am beautiful inside and out. So it doesn't really matter to me what you think.

so in basically sayin all this you sayin that you were the one that co owned Tet to the house and are you enjoyin your new items? are you goin to put them on display for all to see? go eat a twinkie and enjoy what you and your great friend "tet" have done.. celebrate.. oh ya dont forget to buy some name change tokens and move to ches for the next event right.. better start gettin your name in the right crowd now huh.. sad

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had some knowledge that something might happen. I have knowledge of a conversation but because I don't take screenies of every little thing that I do or see ingame. I don't care if the community believes me. But here is all I am going to say. Tet is my friend and good or bad I stand by my friend. I feel bad that this happened to a degree but the bottom line is, its a game and its just pixels. Did I consider exploting the misortune to reopen my auction house? Yes. Am I going to do it. No. Real life is so much more important to me, I have my priorities in order.
I don't blame you for not throwing your friends under the bus, but I can't imagine anyone trusting you to run an auction again. "Let's hand our valuables to the friend of the thief who pulled off the biggest auction heist in UO!" just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. :D

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with you totally Lineman. If there is concrete evidence on a thief, why protect them by pulling the post so others can't know the facts. I personally think it should have been left up for all to see, although I don't think it would have made the thief feel any remorse. I mean if you were the guilty party, would you proudly wear the tag "Winner of UO"? Priceless is all I can say and nothing like flaunting it in everyone's face.

G

Gellor

I agree with you totally Lineman. If there is concrete evidence on a thief, why protect them by pulling the post so others can't know the facts. I personally think it should have been left up for all to see, although I don't think it would have made the thief feel any remorse. I mean if you were the guilty party, would you proudly wear the tag "Winner of UO"? Priceless is all I can say and nothing like flaunting it in everyone's face.
Having seen the proof, it wasn't what I would call concrete even if it was allowed to be posted on Stratics.

As stated earlier in this, private messages are NOT allowed on Stratics... no matter the source(Stratics PM, ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, etc)

Also, the thread in question violated another Stratics RoC: trolling. As one would expect, it turned into name calling, etc.

But that issue aside, given the availability and ease of fabricating what was in the screen shots, it is not even close to concrete. Give someone who can do graphics 20 minutes, and they could change that whole conversation around to sound like Tet and the poster were romantically involved rolleyes:

Plus there is the whole "let's put a black box over a name" issue.:confused:

Plus add in the whole one thief throwing another thief under the bus and that takes even more credibility away from the "concrete" nature of the proof.

I don't have any stakes in what happened. While I feel bad for those people who lost items, RoC is there for a reason and that is what I have to enforce.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having seen the proof, it wasn't what I would call concrete even if it was allowed to be posted on Stratics.

As stated earlier in this, private messages are NOT allowed on Stratics... no matter the source(Stratics PM, ICQ, Yahoo, AIM, etc)

Also, the thread in question violated another Stratics RoC: trolling. As one would expect, it turned into name calling, etc.

But that issue aside, given the availability and ease of fabricating what was in the screen shots, it is not even close to concrete. Give someone who can do graphics 20 minutes, and they could change that whole conversation around to sound like Tet and the poster were romantically involved rolleyes:

Plus add in the whole one thief throwing another thief under the bus and that takes even more credibility away from the "concrete" nature of the proof.

I don't have any stakes in what happened. While I feel bad for those people who lost items, RoC is there for a reason and that is what I have to enforce.

Although I have to agree with things that you say, I think this post was put into an all different perspective. The party that was being accused also made post on the post admitting his involvement, so that was proof all in itself. If he had just refrained from posting, then as you say, it could have just been a case of one ratting another.

L

Luke Carjacker

I think it is highly inappropriate for a moderator to put their own spin on any of the evidence provided. Moderator's have a heightened level of credibility on these forums, and their opinion can mistakenly be taken as fact.

So, if you need to remove the post according to the ROC or whatever, then fine. There's no need for you to try to also call into question the veracity of the information; people can draw their own conclusions. Fact is, there's a lot more evidence beyond that post, including Tetricyde's own words that he pulled the heist but didn't end up with any of the stuff(?!?!) that support the conclusion of guilt.

But, this response isn't about any of that. Do what you must as a moderator, but don't use your status and implied power to try to influence the thinking. That's not what your moderator tag is for.

Pink Floyd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is entitled to any opinion he wants and as long as his moderating actions are just you can pretty much just suck it because I think he's doing a pretty rad job.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so in basically sayin all this you sayin that you were the one that co owned Tet to the house and are you enjoyin your new items? are you goin to put them on display for all to see? go eat a twinkie and enjoy what you and your great friend "tet" have done.. celebrate.. oh ya dont forget to buy some name change tokens and move to ches for the next event right.. better start gettin your name in the right crowd now huh.. sad
uhh no. I am in no way affliated with PAH or WRR which are one in the same. I got nothing out of this situation except a hard time. And I don't like twinkies, I prefer fruit actually. Has a natural sweetness that manufactered crap can't beat. I have never played on any shard other than Pac and I never will. Why change my name and hide? I didn't do anything wrong.

A

AND3R

Gellor - Rules Are Rules and thats that!
Fair Enough. And good job for stickin to it!
Easy to imagine that it isnt as easy as it looks!

I would like to bring up a different thought that has not been discussed yet.

I am a Highly Decorated and Honorably Discharged Veteran of the United States Army - Ft. Campbell Ky - 101st Airborne.
Served several successful tours both in the U.S. and in other Countries around the world.

I can remember growing up - being taught that when you are in trouble, or need some help, if there is no one around... you can find a Police Officer, a Fireman, or even a Veteran or Soldier and they will help you.

These individuals represent "Core Values" and are willing to help people and do the right thing...
Ring ANY bells yet fella?

The United States Army and title of "Soldier" was used to abuse, scam, and con for personal gain and entertainment. That being said, I appologize to Kahlan for losing my cool and saying inappropriate things of you.

IF the actual in game skill of "Stealing" was used, this article woudln't exist.
This is not the case indeed.

I don't remember CON, SCAM, LIE, or ABUSE OF MILITARY STATUS being in the list of "Core Values."
Surely if a Base Commander was to hear of these kinds of umbecoming acts of his soldier(s), I am more than certain that any soldier using these kind of values would be painting bus stops for the entirety of his career. This action reflects great discredit and other than favorable opinions onto the United States Army and his unit of station.

*Sets Old Army Rolodex on the desk*

I pray FOR troopers who are tempted to act unbecoming or unfavorable in the hope that they may change and abide by the "Core Values" full-time.
Regardless of where the soldier is, you are a soldier 24/7 and you display dicipline, fortitude, leadership, kindness, professionalism, and integrity. None of which should be abused for entertainment or personal gain.

Let me say this TROOPER - you know what the right thing to do is. All of America's Soldiers, Mothers and Fathers of soldiers, Brothers and Sisters of soldiers, Sons and Daughters of soliders, we are all watching for you - to do the right thing.

FALL-IN! ATTEN-TION! RIGHT-FACE! FORWARD-MARCH!

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't blame you for not throwing your friends under the bus, but I can't imagine anyone trusting you to run an auction again. "Let's hand our valuables to the friend of the thief who pulled off the biggest auction heist in UO!" just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. :D
*waves at Sable*

Hey there. I never had a problem with my auction... I had a problem with an ex and my auction though. Lol he thought it was funny when he snatched a few mil worth of items. I returned double the gold value the next day, AFTER I donated plasma. But anyway I have too much going on in rl to reopen. So it's all a moot point. Nice to "see" you again though.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Gellor - Rules Are Rules and thats that!
Fair Enough. And good job for stickin to it!
Easy to imagine that it isnt as easy as it looks!

I would like to bring up a different thought that has not been discussed yet.

I am a Highly Decorated and Honorably Discharged Veteran of the United States Army - Ft. Campbell Ky - 101st Airborne.
Served several successful tours both in the U.S. and in other Countries around the world.

I can remember growing up - being taught that when you are in trouble, or need some help, if there is no one around... you can find a Police Officer, a Fireman, or even a Veteran or Soldier and they will help you.

These individuals represent "Core Values" and are willing to help people and do the right thing...

The United States Army and title of "Soldier" was used to abuse, scam, and con for personal gain and entertainment.

I don't remember this being in the list of "Core Values."
Surely if a Base Commander was to hear of these kinds of umbecoming acts of his soldier(s), I am more than certain that any soldier using these kind of values would be painting bus stops for the entirety of his career. This action reflects great discredit and other than favorable opinions onto the United States Army and his unit of station.

*Sets Old Army Rolodex on the desk*

I pray FOR troopers who are tempted to act unbecoming or unfavorable in the hope that they may change and abide by the "Core Values" full-time.
Regardless of where the soldier is, you are a soldier 24/7 and you display dicipline, fortitude, leadership, kindness, professionalism, and integrity. None of which should be abused for entertainment or personal gain.

Let me say this TROOPER - you know what the right thing to do is. All of America's Soldiers, Mothers and Fathers of soldiers, Brothers and Sisters of soldiers, Sons and Daughters of soliders, we are all waiting for you to do the right thing.

FALL-IN! ATTEN-TION! RIGHT-FACE! FORWARD-MARCH!

*Applauds the speech and looks out over the crowd for someone to stand up*

A

AND3R

Kahlan - My public appology for losing my cool and saying inappropriate comments of you.
Forgivness is not necessary but up to you.
I was wrong for saying what i said about your appearance and i know that. Again - I applogize.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND3R;1693288 [I said:
I am a Highly Decorated and Honorably Discharged[/I] Veteran of the United States Army - Ft. Campbell Ky - 101st Airborne.

I don't remember this being in the list of "Core Values."

Did you earn all those decorations for picking on and belittleing people? Did you use and abuse your position of authority and respect in an effort to make people feel bad about themselves?

How did you help me? When I was in between a rock and a hard place, not WANTING to be involved, why didn't you just leave me alone?

Look in the mirror Ander. You sir, are a hypocrit. I HAD nothing but respect for you.

Telling someone to go inhale a burrito, that they are a fat waste of space, that they can do other sexually explicit acts IS NOT part of the Core Values either.

Where was your kindness and professionalism? Where was your integrity when you involved my personal life in general chat?

"Life is mostly froth and bubble two things stand like stone; Kindness in another's troubles and Courage in one's own."

A

AND3R

Did you earn all those decorations for picking on and belittleing people? Did you use and abuse your position of authority and respect in an effort to make people feel bad about themselves?

How did you help me? When I was in between a rock and a hard place, not WANTING to be involved, why didn't you just leave me alone?

Look in the mirror Ander. You sir, are a hypocrit. I HAD nothing but respect for you.

Telling someone to go inhale a burrito, that they are a fat waste of space, that they can do other sexually explicit acts IS NOT part of the Core Values either.

Where was your kindness and professionalism? Where was your integrity when you involved my personal life in general chat?

"Life is mostly froth and bubble two things stand like stone; Kindness in another's troubles and Courage in one's own."
Look Kahlan, I posted a public appology just as i said to you that i would.

Im not perfect, i did lose my cool and say something about you. But remember you are the one bringing it back up and posting what you think i said.

I never said you were a waste of space....
what i said was "You smoke burritos like a cigarette."
That was wrong of me to do.

But your incesanct bank trolling and "Holier than thou" attitude were ticking me off. And to respond to the....
"How did you help me? When I was in between a rock and a hard place, not WANTING to be involved, why didn't you just leave me alone?"
If you want to be left alone, then keep your opinions in your mouth.

I delivered the appology, gave you my word I would. I even did it at the bank - but you were not satisfied with it, considering your ratings/viewers were down because people decided to leave.
Furthermore - you are the last one that should be playing the "VICTIM" card on stratics: trying to discredit me and manipulate the public's opinion of you and your friend.

Either way the appology still stands - take it or leave it.

L

lols

I was asked to make a post explaining my side of things or my supposed involvement in this situation. I did, I dug up all my old dsN info for stratics. Logged in and made a really long detailed post. When I went to submit it, the thread had been deleated. I was tired and frustrated so I went to bed. Had time to think afterward and I decided that I wasn't going to go through all the trouble. I had some knowledge that something might happen. I have knowledge of a conversation but because I don't take screenies of every little thing that I do or see ingame. I don't care if the community believes me. But here is all I am going to say. Tet is my friend and good or bad I stand by my friend. I feel bad that this happened to a degree but the bottom line is, its a game and its just pixels. Did I consider exploting the misortune to reopen my auction house? Yes. Am I going to do it. No. Real life is so much more important to me, I have my priorities in order. Things that were said about me in general chat were mean and cruel and had no bearing on this game. The fact thatan apologie was promised if I can on here and somehow implicated my friend that the upstanding and reputable person would apologize for saying what he said. Well, i don't need an apologie extracted as blackamil. News flash to the pac community I am overweight and I have medical and helath issues. For those of who who wish to join in and trash me party, my rl picture is posted in the sticky thread and has been for awhile. The man beside me loves me and thinks I am beautiful inside and out. So it doesn't really matter to me what you think.

I'm pretty sure she's just trying to insert herself into the drama..

she seems to thrive off of it.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if barrack Obama played UO and wanted to kill someone in FEL...

That makes him a murderer in real life because he should have known that it is taught to us not to kill...

Ander how about a nice cup of STFU :thumbup1:

I do recall you saying,

"If it was you dude, awsome. I want involved"
"If it wasn't you dude, awsome. I want involved either way"

I remember when i first started playing UO and the Box the game came in had a few "Popular Semi-Famous" People inside the cover....

It showed the persons RL Job and Hobbies, and The Person's Char's In-Game job and Hobbies...

This Game was created for you to take a Different Role in the game and not Affiliate it with anything related to real life other than a subscription fee...

Regardless of my Innocence or Guilt in his matter...

I NEVER once said anything about me being in the military other than General interest when asked... If I was asked what im doing in Alaska and i reply I'm stationed here... It was followed by you asking what my job was, how long I've been in....

I NEVER once said, "I am in the military so trust me and do what I say!!"

So like i said Mr. Hypocrit... You'll find any any any any any subject that MIGHT make people look at the situation different and Exploit it to hell...

Like me Owning 3 of the Original Tunics... I was handed ONE tunic by Crystal Rose in EVERYONES presence and when Cyno Razik held the meeting I was the 2nd person to turn mine in... But since A Jealous thief whose name i'll leave out said I have 3... It MUST be true... If I had 3 then you should look into the security of WRR and PAH once again... Messanna Gave all Surcoats to Miss D so unless corruption was at play and i convinced or bribed her to give me more than 1... We got the same problem as the items stolen....

Then there was, "Hey this Kahlan person is defending Tetricyde! It must be Tetricyde on a different account!" Which was proven false so ander used his next exploit to convince others, "Hey Tetricyde said he had a Girlfriend in Real Life (which is suspicious huh? for me to have a girlfriend... OH NOEZ!) it must be his girlfriend playing on another account!" which was discredited once again soon followed by, "Kahlan and Tetricyde Share a Sexual Relationship together etc..."

Like i said... you can find all the things in the world to say to me to get people to take your side... but until you get some hard evidence...

please shut your Discharged ass up :thumbup1:

R

Rand Al

You cannot compare pvp with a con dude. pvp uses in-game mechanics you took advantage of peoples trust. When people see me in fell they know what i am doing i pvp. The reason people trusted you is cause most people are not what there character is in game like you pointed out so having a thief title doesn't make you a thief but in your case it does. On a side note it is just pixels and people should treat it as that you are not going to die cause someone took some item from you on a game. Just remember not to trust Tetricyde with your game crap or people that allow more than one person to have access to that item. This is over the items are gone move on!

A

AND3R

"please shut your Discharged ass up" <-- u know im right about the soldiering!

Barak Obama playing UO...:popcorn:

Im a little dumber for having read that post.

Thanks for all the decent things you did do Tetricyde. Believe it or not, he did do some good....
Although, most of your ideas and kindness, we can now see were just meant to "set the stage" for the end result.

That would be a killer addition to the game:
A Court System with elected officials....
OH wait....I smell an infiltration coming already..:gee:
The evidence is already removed from stratics.
Maybe Shinobi will make a movie for us to watch on youtube!

Nice Signature Tetricyde..."Weekend in Thieving History. You surely do think highly of yourself.
Just shameful for you to think you have Gaming Skill.

If you are so innocent, then where is this information that disproves allegations of you NOT doing it?
Quite a lack of evidence there too isnt there?
Point one finger at someone, you will still have four pointing back at yourself high speed.

I prefer to set a higher example...
The best example that can be set for this situation is to move on. Make no mistake: should you ever find yourself in need of something from me....I guaruntee that you will be met with silence. Im certain I wouldn't have anything you need - as you have already "won uo."

Over & Out Trooper.

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please define: Over & out...

Last time I checked Over meant, you were finished talking and listening to the other ends next transmission...

and Out means You were finished talking and nothing else should be said...

So Over & Out is a contradicting statement...

But of course you wanted to use "army talk" you seen in the movies to talk **** about me...

There is NO evidence I did anything other than rumors and accusations....
there is also NO evidence I didnt Do it...

So basically, I have accepted the fate that all of you will soon come to do yourselves... let it go and move forward :) because i'm sure everyone can agree here that 300 posts about this later combining all threads... and nothing has changed...

The Items are STILL gone
I am not going to jail as Sandman ever so ignorantly stated
I am not getting banned
I am not losing sleep at night by everyone making up and talking ****
I am not losing anything really by letting you all entertain yourselves...

So explain to me the justification needed for me to try to search for info that disproves alligations that I didnt do...

there is still nothing to gain or lose...

So take it how you want... beleive all the bull**** that WRR and PAH and everyone helping them argue are dishing out... and either way whether I did it or someone else did it....

PAH still let the items go... :stretcher:

so once again Ander was given more discrediting information from me to prove certain items... and notice my last post and the things ander chose to mention from it.. and the obviousness of the things said by me that he didnt re-mention must of been correct...

tyvm have a wonderful day :lol:

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the risk of yet more **** being talked about me and becoming the target of yet more trolls, enough is enough already. Everyone is standing around and pointing fingers, everyone has a different point of view, and interpertation of what they believe to be the facts... or the information they have. Whatever, big deal. It's over and done with. Quit :bdh:, "clinck", "lock", "delete", or :gun: this thread. It is accomplishing NOTHING.

R

Rand Al

At the risk of yet more **** being talked about me and becoming the target of yet more trolls, enough is enough already. Everyone is standing around and pointing fingers, everyone has a different point of view, and interpertation of what they believe to be the facts... or the information they have. Whatever, big deal. It's over and done with. Quit :bdh:, "clinck", "lock", "delete", or :gun: this thread. It is accomplishing NOTHING.
I do not know why you keep trying to shove your face in all this. As for everyone clowning you about being his partner ect just people poking fun. Look at slave talking about midori that happens to everyone in the game get over yourself no one knows who you are or cares who you are so yea all i got to say about you.

G

Gellor

I think it is highly inappropriate for a moderator to put their own spin on any of the evidence provided. Moderator's have a heightened level of credibility on these forums, and their opinion can mistakenly be taken as fact.

So, if you need to remove the post according to the ROC or whatever, then fine. There's no need for you to try to also call into question the veracity of the information; people can draw their own conclusions. Fact is, there's a lot more evidence beyond that post, including Tetricyde's own words that he pulled the heist but didn't end up with any of the stuff(?!?!) that support the conclusion of guilt.

But, this response isn't about any of that. Do what you must as a moderator, but don't use your status and implied power to try to influence the thinking. That's not what your moderator tag is for.
As a mod, I am indeed entitled to present MY opinion in whatever form I see fit as long as it follows RoC and is presented as MY opinion.

Key word has been highlighted. As long as I present something as mine and not Stratics, there is no issues as long as I enforce the rules equally. Being a mod doesn't mean I have to be silent.:thumbup1:

The poster I quoted claimed the proof was concrete. I presented several reasons why it was anything BUT concrete. You will note I didn't say the proof presented WAS doctored. Just that it wasn't concrete because of all the ways available to fabricate similar "evidence".

But none of the reasons I presented for it not being concrete had anything to do with why the post got moved: ie trolling and posting private messages.

Also please tell me where I'm trying to use my mod powers to influence anybody's thinking?:confused: AFAIK, I never throw around the fact I'm a mod and that my opinion must be supreme because I am:confused:

As for moderating your response, there is no reason. You presented an opinion on what mods should do and what you thought of my opinion.

To enchanted or Kahlan, is the new rule for thread locking that it accomplishes nothing? As long as a thread is not too much of a RoC killer, I'll let it go. This thread is being treated in a semi-RoC friendly manner.

A

AND3R

Gellor, lol.

Yea this thread is actually meant for appropriate appologies -
So i'll stop and find something productive to do instead of adding another post.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tetricyde, do NOT blame Miss D for the missing surcoats. Miss D is nothing but a true and honest player. She has held things for me and done plenty of good things for me and it is not in her character to steal these items.
However, announcing and boasting in ICQ to other friends I have pretty much puts your head on a platter and it's too bad that even if those posts were made where you said you did it and gave the items to dupers would be deleted, nothing can really be done can it? Sure you don't have the items now, but soon everyone will have them.
Lastly, I think you not returning the what? 8 pairs of house teleporters and 16 vet character statues is pretty much a bullseye on who did it.
While you may not be a thief IRL, and you ay be a good guy and fun to be with and talk to, you're taking your in game role too far. You made people trust you and ultimately you ****ed yourself. By totally screwing over people who put trust in you, you've made yourself look like a real *******, in game and out.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not know why you keep trying to shove your face in all this. As for everyone clowning you about being his partner ect just people poking fun. Look at slave talking about midori that happens to everyone in the game get over yourself no one knows who you are or cares who you are so yea all i got to say about you.
/Kahlan :lol:

Alea

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have already admitted your guilt in the deleted thread, and in game at luna bank, then you tried to spin the whole big conspiracy idea.

Besides your guild title, and signature here on stratics screams your guilty. :loser:

Shinobi planted that backpack himself right? Give me a break.

What you did was a scam not a steal. May want to change that title of your signature :twak:

Let me guess those screenshots I took of you while you were ripping off the casino are fake too. Or lemme guess that wasn't you?

:stir:

Give me a break buddy, BE A MAN.

Alea

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked to make a post explaining my side of things or my supposed involvement in this situation. I did, I dug up all my old dsN info for stratics. Logged in and made a really long detailed post. When I went to submit it, the thread had been deleated. I was tired and frustrated so I went to bed. Had time to think afterward and I decided that I wasn't going to go through all the trouble. I had some knowledge that something might happen. I have knowledge of a conversation but because I don't take screenies of every little thing that I do or see ingame, I have no proof. I don't care if the community believes me. But here is all I am going to say. Tet is my friend and good or bad I stand by my friend. I feel bad that this happened to a degree but the bottom line is, its a game and its just pixels. Did I consider exploting the misfortune to reopen my auction house? Yes. Am I going to do it. No. Real life is so much more important to me, I have my priorities in order. Things that were said about me in general chat were mean and cruel and had no bearing on this game. The fact that an apologie was promised if I can on here and somehow implicated my friend that the upstanding and reputable person would apologize for saying what he said. Well, I don't need an apologie extracted as blackamil.

you more than considered you asked if I knew where a good 3rd account was for you to buy so you could reopen your auction house.

Had shinobi not posted that you had 100% involvement in Tet's plan you would have continued with your plan of reopening your auction house.

And as far as you being asked to post here. I was the one who asked you to do that not Ander. You were dragging a PAH members name through the mud and I asked you for proof of this conversation.

And I have to ask you again why would you not take screenshots of the person that you claim to be your "Arch Enemy". :lie:

Alea

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Pacific Auction House Announcement and Apology!

Apologies to all, for us taking so long to make any "official" response to the unfortunate event that happened this past Saturday.

Sadly, the Pacific Auction House (PAH) and Whispering Rose Radio (WRR) Staffs are just... well maybe too trusting! And, were in a state of shock!

In the interest of supporting an event that was created and run by dedicated UO players on the Pacific Shard, PAH and WRR, allowed someone to become part of our team. Unfortunately, in the end, it became clear, after the damage was done, that he had no honor or integrity at all!

It is a mistake we made and one that we are determined not to repeat!

The Pacific Rares Festival was one of the most ambitious and complex events put together by actual UO players in recent memory. It took months of planning.

PAH and WRR thank everyone for your support.... which has been overwhelming.

The events that happened and ultimately prevented the rares Auction from occurring were regretable...

But rest assured, PAH and WRR, take full responsiblity and will be contacting those who had losses, and compensating them accordingly.

Nicely said Dj Landon. Let's get this thread back on course.