• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A discussion on the Player run communities.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Should the various communities continue to try to exist separately? Should they come together? Would efforts to build a teleporter house be a better idea? I am listening. I may create a poll based on any ideas and suggestions later.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
babe, I know you've wanted the return of Iantown. But I think its time we thought about combining communities.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*nods* I believe it is time for extraordinary measures to bring the Siege community together.

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hate to agree with Luka (nothing personal- just the idea!) but it might be for the best to move together, if people are willing to do it. There is so much history with player-run towns but what good is it if they are ghost towns? The problem is: where should everyone move to? Should you try to rejuvenate an old town like the Shire or Safe Haven (or any of the towns) or should you pick a new location and start a new town on neutral territory? If you choose a new location, there could certainly be buildings dedicated to the old towns, like a gilfane zoo or a wintermoor tower.

If there is enough interest among the remaining citizens, everyone could make it work. Some of the my best times on Siege were in the player-run towns. Maybe some of that can come back again if everyone is in one location instead of all over the maps. Who knows- maybe some people would come back. : )

Just my 2 cents.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you could either move everyone to one of the existing places, or pick a new place (there are sadly PLENTY of places around that would be enough room for a whole town) and plan things out anew with what might be wanted, and go from there.

I think it would be nice to plan out a place, and place all the houses in a nice orderly and symmetrical manner. Work it up, get a GM blessing etc...

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well... Gilfane is the largest remaining community, and it does have a swell stable right in the middle of it. I will add more after I get home from work. I am still wanting to hear your input.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Malas is the worst place to have anything... IMO

Pick anywhere else.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Care to elaborate? I will respond after work.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think we need to all uproot and move, if we can link the towns with teleporters.

Terry likes to be isolated, so our chateau is out in the sticks, but I'm only a step away from the shop now we have a teleporter, and that's right by the moongate.

S

Sturdy

I would move again if it made sense (I just did) A concentration of players would increase the sense of community and allow for a more vibrant vendor scene. I am all for it.

I have been working on a new Rune library much like and very near the Umbra station and not too far from Kelmo's teleporter house.

(I know it duplicates that building but it is a fun project for me and why not)

I also will happily host or sponsor tele tiles from or to anywhere worthwhile. I have one extra set now and would buy more if I had good places to link to. I would love to link to the abyss.

(They are not hard to recharge)

E

Elmer Fudd

I was actually thinking of this myself a week or so ago and forgot to post anything, I of course would be willing to move to the town, or on the outskirts and I will most gladly be the Villian Pk that tortures the folks night and day....lol

Ask Vortex and Gill how the last Elmer Fudd Raid went in there town, I would handle it the same way...all good clean fun:gee:

I mIght add, this is an excellent Idea and when we have a good group of folks, playing non-stop in the area, watch how many more will want to be near and place house and be part of the action...
I would have to agree...Malas wouldnt be the Best of Options IMO, theres some very nice locations way south of Luna...where VMP's Old village was

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unsafe haven would be cool but there seems to be a large amount of ghost castles.... and i agree with drax, malas blows hard

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh and i would also support a house telly spot on my keeps front steps in unsafe haven, but i dont have any...

now that i look at it i have no flat spots on my front stoop maby that was a tower i was thinking of

Patty Pickaxe

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do so many people hate on Malas??? Is it because it came out with AoS? Is it because of Luna? I personally like Umbra and most of Malas. I only consider Luna to be the trailer park. You shouldn't hate a whole facet just because of one bad area. I mean, do you hate on every town that has a ghetto? :mf_prop:

Or, is it the inability to place a castle or keep?

E

Elmer Fudd

Why do so many people hate on Malas??? Is it because it came out with AoS? Is it because of Luna? I personally like Umbra and most of Malas. I only consider Luna to be the trailer park. You shouldn't hate a whole facet just because of one bad area. I mean, do you hate on every town that has a ghetto? :mf_prop:

Seems like it went down hill when you took over....LOL JK, u know I love ya Patty...lol

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Still at work, just a couple of quick thoughts. I realize this sort of thing is not everyones cup of tea. Some folks prefer a more privacy, some prefer to see activity around the community the choose to live in.

I have not discussed this with the leaders of Gil/Gilfane. I eagerly await some thoughts from that community. I just wanted to see where this discussion leads.

D

Daleth

I just replaced an 18x18 in Makota but Kelmo I did look at Iantown and seriously considered it. I would be willing to move again in support of this effort, the area south of Luna is quite nice several island type areas connected by bridges I once lived there. But whereever to support this I will move to the area picked!!!!:grouphug:

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I honestly believe it lacks a lot of character. It's nothing but an expanse of absolutely nothing. There's an empty orc fort here and there... but literally, the place is nothing but a bunch of house plots... if this shard was populated, it would literally be a world full of private house plots no one can access.

Tokuno is not bad, but Felucca has the most character IMO.

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with Draxous as well

Malas to me was invented just for player housing...I would be nice to see the area around Yew gate or parts of Brit used rather than the empty landmass of malas.

Vortex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ask Vortex and Gill how the last Elmer Fudd Raid went in there town, I would handle it the same way...all good clean fun:gee:
Most fun I had in a long time. Elmer made that event at least 3x more fun just by adding the danger to it.

That has always been the fun of player run towns. The PK's know where to find you. The more people know that, the more people will play.

The idea is an excellent one. I agree with the posters that Malas is not the best place, but the stables in Gilfane are very handy.

Felucca would be my first pick but how hard will it be to find a large area where a lot of houses can be placed.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also would prefer a city not in malas. Like drax said, while its got a ton of space... it just has zero charm.

Ideally for me it would also be in old Britannia, but I think it would be pretty dang hard to find a large spot since the place is so lousy with castles.

I would't mind living in an area with more active players myself.

S

Sturdy

I dont disagree that Felluca has more charm than Malas but it really would be difficult to locate an entirely new player town there. Also large sections are very distant from moongates.(the ones more likely to be open to housing) The Yew and Minoc server lines always bug me and I feel like all of the vesper area is on some old forgotten server.

My favorite part is right around Britain. Unfortunately these houses seem to turn over very slowly.

I think the mechanics of player towns may be effected by the teleport tiles. If player services and activities are centered in a specific area accessible by gate and tile it may serve the same purpose as a player run town.

The player services I am thinking of mostly consist of vendors- a concentration of vendors might do the trick.
Other services of interest to me are museums, inns & taverns, rune libraries, guild halls, and especially spiffy house designs. Clustering these things together and actively linking them to the broader world via tiles might do the trick.

I think if this were to happen people would be drawn to place houses in the area naturally.

Basically I am thinking that it is not necessary to come to a broad consensus. What is required is that active players who run or want to run any of the services mentioned above come to an agreement.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The area around Gilfane is opening up somewhat. A year ago there wasn't any space left and we actually had people moving into those islands to the west.

Now however, we have some space. There is a stable, and an inn next door to that.

We also have a several public buildings, tavern, etc... There is a guild vendor house, albeit somewhat slow these days. I could see about the possibility of opening that up to non-guild members to place vendors.

We have already been considering where to place some tiles for public use, so I think this discussion comes at a good time.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just recently placed an 18 x 18 in Zento to rebuild the hospital. I would be in support of moving to a location where there are active players. I like Brit area as well.
Please keep me posted on the developments with this idea.

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of the player run towns but the problem is that the shard has gotten smaller the "towns" need to be moved closer to the gates roads main run ways that way they can easily be found. The teleporters are nice idea but new players wont know where they are located.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My present Siege homes are one in Iantown, one at the Trinsic Bridge, and a new one in Zento.

Last time I had a Skara home it was VERY EMPTY thus lots of room was in and around the areas that go from Skara to Brit Moongate and up in and around those areas Brit down to Trinsic. While that is a lot of realestate, it is old world fel and lots of empty spots of all sizes.

A new glitch to some fel spots is UO may now tell us we can not place a home where before where homes stood, now they are listed as non place spots. :(

Another thing to think about is IF OR WHEN EA goes more live with new faction bases where will these all be ? We might think to repopulate those areas nearer the new faction strongholds too. WHENEVER.

With less population, we probably should seriously think those whom are in favor to try to move closer to towns closer to each other as citizens, near any moongates fel side or to fill umbra to luna if that is the choice or old Zento/Homare even. Wherever we think may work for those of us left whom may want 18 x18's and keep castle placements too, thus felucca more should be considered to group up if we can.

D

Duke TNT

Once I get back in game when school starts again, I'd move if there is a town somewhere near a gate, or accessible through a teleporter near a gate. Maybe I would actually see someone in game for once :) Also, it would kick butt if most of the shard's vendors are in one general area.

I agree with most here; I'd like it in Fel only because of the castle placement restrictions in Malas. I would have trouble downsizing.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
My opinion. Fel is out of the question. There is no spot out there not populated to some existent. Sorry folks. Malas was designed for housing and towns.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel. The town is there already.

Any that disagree are free to build a town in the old lands. I would love to see it. Bartertown has done an admirable job... but there is no room for growth.

The Shire... Only a core of houses. Bless them for standing strong with so few.

DTA... likely one of the oldest communities. Yet a ghost town.

Iantown... yeah. I tried. I have had several folks step up. It is a ghost town as well.

The Cross roads community is silent, Freja's place? All castles and keeps.

This type of thing is not for everyone. We have new tools to make a community accessible.

I am just saying let go of the Malas bias. it is not going to happen in the old lands.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well late last night I was thinking...........WHAT IF ....Everyone that already IS in Malas by Umbra, if they choose not to live so far out as Iantown ie even us whom are there already, and we move back closer to Umbra to fill in all the vacancies that popped up around it lately. There are a lot of empty spots there in and around all of Umbra that we could all be filling, those of us whom already live around Umbra sorta anyhow...just move in closer.

Why ? Well Umbra has an arena, TNT's is right there, YOU have the future sight of Siege house teleporter tile park, the Aeric Horn memorial is already just out of town and should be RE OPENED, set to public, instead of kept private...there are some others whom live in close to Umbra that have a few vendors up and a LOT of empty spots right there right by downtown EMPTYING that need fillin back up again. We can call it all "player town" *Umbria*filling in all the gaps of Umbra that exist right near by it all now and fill it UP...then build outward/west from it.

OR keep Iantown as is..have folks or other folks, move in to fill in the myriad of gaps from town all the way out TO Iantown..but I doubt we have enough players to fill up that much space. So IF we are to possibly let Iantown go, which we do not wish to do but to rebuild Siege should matter more. But in reality we may have to let go of the dream of an active Iantown or any exiting player run town atm that exists too far out anywhere, to make a reality of an active SIEGE somewhere closer to towns and extend out from these few towns of choice on the shard as a whole.

So if we opt to rebuild closer into Umbra filling in all the spaces that are now empty, fill it all back up again, using what DOES exist there, ie. your teleporter home, Kat's arena for the shard already standing right there, and the rest...and make something of it all [right AT the town's ton of now, empty spots. I kept running around Umbra the past two days and seen, 2 max secured spots side by side, now empty, that even I could take and toss all my carp. vendors right there AT town, and still be close to the arena, and the memorial and right near the Umbra moongate serving us all there in town. Iantown and what is left of Stonehaven can also all move IN right by Umbra town too, and so can others the empty spots are all over there.

For those NOT into Malas, Zento still has empty spots and also player run vendor homes and rune library set ups ...BUILD IT UP.

For those wishing to rebuild up fel side...if ya place a home, fill IN from BRIT DOWN to Trinsic, for example. Set up player run vendors or taverns whatevers.

Lotsa room there for max secureds even a lot of space for a few keeps close in to trinsic that are way south of the swamp even, and place some more homes going down the coast FROM Brit to Trinsic to the bridge of gazers even...be nice to see *highway men* roaming the streets, from Brit south to Trinsic again too.

Anyhow there IS room for myriad of homes of assorted sizes Brit south Trinsic downtown north to Brit...just sayin if we focus on building up some few areas for those whom CAN move or wish to move to rebuild up some sort of player continuity of being closer than all spread so far apart we look like one big ghost shard.

We probably could at least have some direction on spots to we should try to fill up, that ARE NOW EMPTY to build 2-3 more player run communities of some sorts...if we focus on a few directions for us all to FILL IN ..then we could DO THIS !

Just focus on a few areas in these 3 UO expansion packs, and BUILD/relocate ! AOS Malas to Luna, TOKONO, fel side like Brit to Trinsic or wherevers and RELOCATE us all, whom are willing to relocate to try to help our shard be more active in fewer places all together. Not that difficult really. rolleyes:

BTW I believe 'Umbria' is a lil town/real town, I think somewhere in central Italy. Umbria means shadow...seems to fit a player run town, springing up by Umbra UO. ;)

G

Guinnessmeister

The area around Gilfane is opening up somewhat. A year ago there wasn't any space left and we actually had people moving into those islands to the west.

Now however, we have some space. There is a stable, and an inn next door to that.

We also have a several public buildings, tavern, etc... There is a guild vendor house, albeit somewhat slow these days. I could see about the possibility of opening that up to non-guild members to place vendors.

We have already been considering where to place some tiles for public use, so I think this discussion comes at a good time.
I think I was a bit too prophetic when I built the 'Ruined Abby' in Gilfane. I finally log back in to find nearly the entire east side of the road, with the exception of the immediate Cidadel area, Troops purple shoe factory, and the vendor house, to be completely empty. Sad, really. I'd love to see some new housing go up around here! Even if some members simply relocated out (being only a teleport tile away now), it gives the impression that the town/guild/shard is dying. Used to be I couldn't run the length of Gilfane without seeing a few people coming or going. Now it feels like another ghost town to me. I'd be happy to reactivate a second account to place if others here would also make the effort to either re-populate this area, or start an active community somewhere else. :grouphug:

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GIL could build by the fantastic looking home, a GIL home, in Umbra the 'Explorer's League Library' filling up with rune books and public dye tubs and it is ... right by downtown Umbra there, relatively new out there but it is fantastic, I toured it tonite, and build WEST from that. :)

Umbra has the potential with some already exiting fine establishments for many of us AOSlanders to build west from Umbra outward and fill in all the gaps. No matter what guilds we hail from we can all become *Umbria* and build onto exiting establishments there. A fine stadium is there, this one GIL home, a Library full of spiffy rune books set to public is already there...etc.

BUILD IT ! :)

*goes to move one or more of my existing homes, into that area* and I hardly even like Umbra...but why waste what is left standing there ? Just fill in the gaps folks ! :)

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kelmo...Welcome To Umbria!

*sorry could not resist*
:)
The following words from googling... Italy Europe.. Online...

When we think of Umbria we think of the Italian word ombra. Shadow. One of Italy's smallest regions, Umbria lies in the shadow of its more illustrious neighbor, Tuscany. The many Umbrian hills and mountains cast long dark shadows over river valleys which are already darkened by lush chestnut groves and elm forests. This landlocked region's overwhelmingly 'medieval character harkens one back to the mysticism and mysteries of the Dark Ages.' In so many ways, Umbria has lain in the 'shadows' for centuries. The very identity of its original inhabitants, the Umbrians, is so clouded that we still have no clear understanding of the meaning of their name.

*ps. they have fine wines and black truffels too* lol

We can become a Perilous Umbria full of mixed peoples/guilds of unknown and known origins and make a new player run town.. right by some fine Umbra already existing establishments. :)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think I was a bit too prophetic when I built the 'Ruined Abby' in Gilfane. I finally log back in to find nearly the entire east side of the road, with the exception of the immediate Cidadel area, Troops purple shoe factory, and the vendor house, to be completely empty. Sad, really. I'd love to see some new housing go up around here!
Well, then you may enjoy what I've been wasting my time on this evening, while rocking my new Noe Venable album... yer lovely home is up there in the purp area.

Potential spot for proposed "uber town", in Malas:

Key:
Green: proposed town boundaries.
Yellow: No placement, but hey... who knows it may one day open up.
Purple: Obvious Gil territory

Owners of homes in area:

1: Grog
2: Spock of Vulcan
3: Anne nomilly
4: Texas Black
5: Araka
6: Lucy Giboyeuse
7: Meowth
8: Kemo Ven Ayen
9: Dane Everhue
10: Tel
S: EM Cecil (with working moongate)

Some of these houses are gonna drop I'm sure. Others may wish to live in a nice city, others might sell. Who knows. There are a few other houses in the purple area, but I left that space to Gil.

I thought this area was a good choice for a bunch of reasons.
A) Large space, and only one of the little glades is fairly full. The other "green zone" areas can fit a LOT of large homes especially if placed carefully.
B) The area has a nice bit of character, with the bridges, and the little ruins, and the EM hall (which is defunct correct?). Plenty of woods for choppin, close by mines and mountains for diggin.
C) Close to Luna, but far enough away to be its own place.
D) Back in the day there was a small guild town (forget guild name) that I lived with up there. It was a nice little area at the time with lots of people running around, and I enjoyed living there.
E) NPC stable, and EM placed Moongate in the near by area, which is a nice bonus.
F) Near an already (or at least once) established player area.

Where ever it ends up being (if it ever does end up being) I will be linking my big Zento house to my proposed house in the area, so thats one easily accessible teleporter spot.

Any thoughts? Opinions?

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uvtha,

thanks for the map.

The eastern side of the purple Gil area used to be fully populated as recently as six months ago, now it's all empty with the exception of a couple of houses.

We have been planning on placing some publicly accessible tele tiles, one of which will include the new rune library Sturdy has built in Umbra. As to how many we place and exactly where they will be, we haven't decided yet, but it's being discussed.

We aren't planning on moving our guild hall or our tavern. We like having those things right next to the stable.

I agree with Kelmo, while some of you might not like Malas, it is ideal for building a player community like this. I do particularly like the area where the islands are, it has some very pretty things over there like some ruins, ponds and deco. Having a teleporter from there to the main area of Gilfane would be nice for people to be able to quickly get to the stable.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My opinion. Fel is out of the question. There is no spot out there not populated to some existent. Sorry folks. Malas was designed for housing and towns.

There is no need to reinvent the wheel. The town is there already.

Any that disagree are free to build a town in the old lands. I would love to see it. Bartertown has done an admirable job... but there is no room for growth
No need to reinvent the wheel? Then what the hell was the point of this thread? Please remove your foot from your mouth. You shouldn't have made this a public discussion if you didn't want to hear what the public had to say.

My opinion. Felucca offers dungeons. Offers overworld spawns. Offers access points to many places and many things to do. There are many places to build a town. You just have to be willing to go to a location that doesn't sit on top of a moongate or NPC city.

Malas offers nothing. Build it there and it will be a bunch of buildings people will visit every now and then when they are bored. You want a place people will come to and leave from doing the every day things they do because it gives access to many of the things this game has to offer? Look closely... there's many places open for you to build upon.

Once you find the place you wish, you can even place a house near a moongate and open it to the public and connect it to the rest of the world. Again, if it's in Malas... it will be a tourist attraction rather than social hub of player activity.

I coordinated the building of a town in 11 days 5 years ago in Felucca. Speaking of barter town... My home is but one of the places you can visit when traveling there.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Kelmo, while some of you might not like Malas, it is ideal for building a player community like this. I do particularly like the area where the islands are, it has some very pretty things over there like some ruins, ponds and deco. Having a teleporter from there to the main area of Gilfane would be nice for people to be able to quickly get to the stable.
You know... oldasthehills would be someone you should talk to before you make a statement like this.

The only thing malas has going for it is that it's pretty damn easy to find vast open areas? Particularly because so many people hate living in that place.

So yeah, take the half assed - easy way out. Or genuinely survey the lands of Tokuno and Felucca and once you've exhausted your search... fall back on this wonderful Malas backup plan.

You also might want to consider that building around a few already established homes... may bring those players back out of the woodworks should they log on and see their neighborhood has come to life again.

k...

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know... oldasthehills would be someone you should talk to before you make a statement like this.
Why? Can you elaborate? Are you referring to the housing census?

So yeah, take the half assed - easy way out. Or genuinely survey the lands of Tokuno and Felucca and once you've exhausted your search... fall back on this wonderful Malas backup plan.
Many things are being tossed about. I believe the goal is to bring several small communities together. Not so people can run through them on the way to the dungeon, but so those owners can interact with each other on sight. The people who are interested in doing this want interaction and possibly RP, not easy access to PVM dungeons. You have to consider that it's not about what YOU want Draxous. It's about what the people involved in this want. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but insulting everyone else's opinion in the process isn't winning you any friends.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Ian. Do not listen to Draxous. He had nothing to do with Barter Town. It sprang up around him. I would hazard a guess he interacts with those folks as much as he interacts with the rest of Siege. Almost never.

I invite any one that regularly interacts with Black Rain to offer a differing opinion.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Irregardless this is a tough call even for myself.

I walk around Iantown seeing all the newer homes that went up these past few months, catch the breezes off the water of Gravewater Lake and part of me does not wish to leave it at all.

Spaces around downtown Umbra that can easily connect GIL town and Iantown both.

I think this is going to be tougher than even I figured, me the Queen of moving endlessly. rolleyes::lol:

Yet the convenience to have a real NPC INN, the stable, and public moongate too, in the area of GIL is also appealing.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why? Can you elaborate? Are you referring to the housing census?

Many things are being tossed about. I believe the goal is to bring several small communities together. Not so people can run through them on the way to the dungeon, but so those owners can interact with each other on sight. The people who are interested in doing this want interaction and possibly RP, not easy access to PVM dungeons. You have to consider that it's not about what YOU want Draxous. It's about what the people involved in this want. Yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but insulting everyone else's opinion in the process isn't winning you any friends.
You ask why? Because he's probably more familiar with the housing landscape on siege than most...? I figured you'd assume that from his reputation alone.

And you're not going to demonize me for constructively criticizing things that have been said. I didn't insult everyone. I didn't insult anyone unless someone in particular construed it that way.

You know my presentation by now. This is how I communicate here. Can't address the things beings said so attack the person saying them. Grow up.

You're right though... this isn't about what I want, but close this discussion and take it up in private if you don't want to hear what those not directly involved have to say.

PS. It's not about easy access to dungeons. That's just a perk of better decision making. Please forgive me for wanting that. :(

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This is tough on me too QZ. I love that spot. My first house here. Folger's memorial. So many memories and so much history. As Ian and I discussed earlier today, the past is what it is. We can only change the future.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ian. Do not listen to Draxous. He had nothing to do with Barter Town. It sprang up around him. I would hazard a guess he interacts with those folks as much as he interacts with the rest of Siege. Almost never.

I invite any one that regularly interacts with Black Rain to offer a differing opinion.
Ian. Listen to Kelmo. He can't argue with anything I've said, but he can attack who I am.

I would hazard a guess that I've hurt his pride. What a tiny little pathetic shell of man. I look forward to seeing the tiny little pathetic shell of a town he's leading you to build.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have done the leg work. I have searched the shard over and over again. (made a mint in idocs as a result) You may insult me Draxous. You do so as some one that does not play this shard. Not really play it. I have seen nothing you bring to the community... nothing.

Log in and build a community. Hell, log in and play with the community you claim to be a part of. I am sure Barter Town would welcome some involvement.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why has no one mentioned Homare? I love that area because of all the spawn there and a close moongate.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
What is available in Homare is cluttered. We are talking a large community.

Symma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why you're so angry Draxous. I could understand if you had some big vested interest in this subject.

But back to the point. Malas is ugly, but there is a undeniable fact that the ratio of houses falling will always be better in Malas.

No castles had fallen for ages in Felucca before I took a break a few months ago (but I believe one or two did after lol, just my IDOC luck). I would check the IDOCs every couple of days across the whole shard (would miss one or two small houses but never the big ones). There will never, however much you want to believe otherwise, be enough space in Felucca to accommodate people's needs for 18x18s and to make a reasonable town.

Unfornately Malas is the best of a bad situation.

IanJames

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back when housing plots were hard to come by, people would sacrifice storage just to get A plot. Now though, why should you when there are so many empty plots available?

That's what makes this difficult, Symma hit it right on the head.