[Archery] 80 DI on a bow but hits are so low

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 13, 2006
Great Lakes/Umbra
Is there a true cap out on DI? I have a suit that equals to 165 DI with the bow in hand. It does not deal out a very strong deal of damage. Highest was 27.

It also has 50 HLA and 50 HLD with Velocity of 44% and ofcourse the DI of 80, 100 physical damage. (pvp bow possible)

My skills are capped at 120 what gives? Anyone have an idea? Or is this bow mainly best to imbue for pvm not pvp.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 17, 2006
DI (suit and wep) is capped out at 100 and it does not matter how high you have it in your template. You can get to the overall cap of 300 by using slayers, Enemy of One, and honor. Damage output also depends on what you are hunting (and what resist they are weak to). In addition there are othe damage modifiers such as you level of tactics and anatomy that play into the calculation. Just because you have a high end bow does not mean you are going to do a ton of damage.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 17, 2006
Forgot to mention, damage output is capped in pvp (others can explain it), so a bow doing a ton of damage inpvm will not do the same in pvp. Not sure what the cap is 35 or so?

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 13, 2006
Great Lakes/Umbra
Forgot to mention, damage output is capped in pvp (others can explain it), so a bow doing a ton of damage inpvm will not do the same in pvp. Not sure what the cap is 35 or so?
Ah so yes this is a big factor here...Glad I have another bow I can imbue and make it for pvm.

And you say over all cap of 300 can you tell me what that means? (so if I made the bow with a slayer on it, it would cap at 300?)Because I thought you said DI (suit and wep) is capped out at 100 and it does not matter how high you have it in your template.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 17, 2006
Your equipment cap is (items that state damage increase) is capped at 100 (armor pieces, mods to weapon, talismen, jewels and such). The overall cap for pvm is 300 (not sure about pvp as I think they cap the damage amount to around 35. Others can comment on this as im not that into pvp mechanics). The remaining 200 DI for pvm comes from the use of EOO, slayer (direct slayer is more than super slayer. Alot of discussion takes place as to the exact amount, but there is also differences in game when testing the various hypothesies), and perfection (bushido and honoring the opponent. I do not think you can honor in pvp, never tried).

Some people sya that with 100 DI on equipment you only need to use eoo and a direct slayer to reach the 300 DI cap, however when you honor you can still see a damage output increase. Bottom line to achieve max damage output:

make sure your equipment is at 100 DI, Use EOO, Use Slayer, Honor (If the previous steps take you to cap then you still get the benefit of the extra luck from honoring after the kill).

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 17, 2006
Also forgot that having lumberjack on your template (GM level im assumiong) will also give you the ability to do more damage (I think it is a 5% chance). There may also be some other item attributes that can add to the damage output.

T

Tinsil

Lumberjack is specifically for axes only though.. Just pointing that out.