• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

700k or 1 million?

Elm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't it not long ago when Funcom announced 1 million users? Now they're saying 700.000. eh?

http://mmocodex.com/blog/?p=17127
700k active subscribers.

The previous newsblast was that they had shipped out 1 million copies of the game:

Funcom is proud to announce that Age of Conan will pass the astounding “One Million Copies Shipped” milestone, in less than three weeks after the launch of the game.

A

al-Maroc

ah mea culpa for thinking that meant subs

that's kinda like how Casablanca shipped out 1 million of each of Kiss' solo records in the late 70s so they could say they shipped platinum albums

Edit: btw, I had bought the Peter Criss one :D

W

WarandWin

When they said they have more than 1 million users, they refer that the users were subscribers to the web, and when they said 700k users, they are the players who bought the game.

I

Ironforge

The numbers will bounce around a lot until the Q4 financials come out if they even release the real numbers there. There are a lot of people attempting the game and trying it out and a lot of the one month free trials are coming to an end. Its getting to the point where players have to make the decision to pay or not.

I enjoy the game and will stick around. Hopefully others do as well.

S

SWATJester

As a note, those of us who have spent time in the games industry know that numbers aren't always accurate or truthful. The best thing to do is check the videogame sales tracker charts, the MMORPG charts, the business journals for the entertainment and electronic industries, etc. It gets you a more rounded picture.