• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] 47 Event Items / Rares Auction on ATL

• Thread starter shulginist
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
S

shulginist

I have been getting quite a few pm's about buyouts so I will give a 24 hour notice (give or take an hour) that tomorrow I will set some to appease the masses.

With this being said I find regular auctions more fun so the buyout prices will most likely be around or above market price. Have fun and happy bidding.

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I personally say just let the auctions run but if buyouts are coming it's understandable.

Thanks for posting time, I'll do my best to be on for it.

P

PoCove

I have to remove my bid on
10) Blood (Wall splatter blood that wasn't locked down)

Sorry

B

Beleth of Atlantic

Buyout on 19 daemon's essence

I have a CPR course tomorrow and sunday during the day but should be around to complete the transaction in evening.

PM me how you'd like to go about it and your icq# if you like =)

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was gonna do buyout on #10 but that splatter looks the same as ones that currently drop, if it is different design then ill do buyout. Let me know when you have a chance thxs.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
was gonna do buyout on #10 but that splatter looks the same as ones that currently drop, if it is different design then ill do buyout. Let me know when you have a chance thxs.
Same graphic, but if the weight is 1 stone then its the old item and not the new champ reward.

S

shulginist

Ok on number 19 I have two people that believe they won. I listed in my original post that all bids must be made through the thread but I did not include that buyouts must also be through the thread as well and not pm so that is my fault. Gunga Din pm'd me that he would do the buyout right before the buyout was offered in the thread. Due to my wording not being precise on the edit when the buyouts were added I decided to not have a buyout on #19. Happy Bidding and sorry for my mistake and confusion.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same graphic, but if the weight is 1 stone then its the old item and not the new champ reward.
Ya i checked it out its a one stoner and I do believe the graphic is different as well

V

Varrus

11. Rubble Dress 50 mil Buyout
45. Wyrms Heart 15 mil Buyout

Thanks

B

Beleth of Atlantic

Alright, I am editing this slightly as my initial reaction plus alcohol was a bit over the top.

I bid at the required time and won the item fairly and feel the price should be honored. I could have pmed shulg anytime saying I'd meet the buyout at any price like Gunga did but chose not to as the buyouts were to be POSTED at 9pm EST. I monitored the thread from that time and bid when the buyouts were added.

I placed my bid before Gunga did and as such feel the price of 250m should be honored. Please do the right thing shulg and sell me the daemon essence.

Thanks.

B

Beleth of Atlantic

I sent in PM for buyout on 19.
The buyout was to be posted IN THE THREAD sir. I won the item fairly.

I also find it odd that rather then start at the 250m you claimed you offered as buyout, that you bid 200m now? Seems very underhanded.

I am extremely frustrated over this.

Halister Marner

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bids and buyouts must be through this thread for transparency reasons.
To be fair, whoever posted the buyouts in the thread should really get the item. I don't see much confusion with following the same format as the auction in regards to buyouts, the instructions were fairly straightforward.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To be fair, whoever posted the buyouts in the thread should really get the item. I don't see much confusion with following the same format as the auction in regards to buyouts, the instructions were fairly straightforward.
Agreed. The terms were to post buyouts in the thread and Beleth was the first to do so. Cut and dry.

That being said:

35) Equinox Wine

5m bid.

B

bandw

15) The Head of Lord DarkMage (Can lock down) Buyout 10m
28) Playing Cards (Two deck facing eachother) Buyout 70m

icq 154737127

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the sale price was decided, I wanted you to present it previously.
It ended on the day when UOSS was not checked because it had been thought that it was an auction until the date.
I cannot buy and am regrettable. :(

G

Gunga_Din

I also find it odd that rather then start at the 250m you claimed you offered as buyout, that you bid 200m now? Seems very underhanded.

Just waiting for your 250 bid, ahh well then....

(19) Vial of Daemon Essence 250 Mil

B

Beleth of Atlantic

Just waiting for your 250 bid, ahh well then....

(19) Vial of Daemon Essence 250 Mil
I am waiting on a response from shulg before I do anything. I am hoping he makes the right decision and honors the buyout.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did you not read his post, he didn't specify buyouts were to made in this thread. He has since edited it so it says buyouts only in this thread as well. He clearly stated that Gunga made the buyout, and to try and appease everyone he re opened #19 with out a buyout. Sounds like the fairest thing to do to me. I agree the way this auction went down was a little strange but I think shulginist was just trying to make everyone happy. And don't forget they are his items and he can do what he wishes. If people don't like it dont bid, simple

S

shulginist

I am waiting on a response from shulg before I do anything. I am hoping he makes the right decision and honors the buyout.
Once again sorry for MY screwup. Like previously stated I did not change my initial rules post to include the transparency of buyouts even though I had intended to. The transparency of bids is one of the most important things to me during an auction so everyone knows who is bidding on what and there are no false bids. With this being said I do not hold buyouts on the same level of integrity since there would not be any fake buyouts but I didn't want anyone to be left in the dark or felt cheated in any way so I was having the people who pm'd me say so in the post as well. I was attempting to take preemptive measures to make certain this would finish smoothly and it ended up being more of a detriment because of my poor implementation.

I had to tell four buyers that pm'd me about buyouts they needed to go ahead and post in the thread for all to see. To avoid any further confusion I edited my original post to say all bids and buyouts must me made in this thread. All of them were able to do so and still win minus Gunga who didn't get his thread post in before your post. Since this was my screwup I took the item price back down to the last bid before the two 250m bids.

Any resolution that I took would be stepping on someones toes. Earlier you had mentioned Beleth that you wish the auction would just run its course without any buyouts so I went ahead and tried to come up with a solution that would upset the two of you the least amount and hoped this was it. Once again sorry for any confusion. I thought I had all my bases covered. I thought wrong.

S

shulginist

Agreed. The terms were to post buyouts in the thread and Beleth was the first to do so. Cut and dry.
The terms at the time were all bids must be added through the thread and it did not mention buyouts until after this mishap. To prevent any further problems such as this one I edited the rules post to include buyouts. Bid noted.

S

shulginist

If the sale price was decided, I wanted you to present it previously.
(

I gave a 24 hour notice on the buyouts hoping everyone would be able to see but I know a couple of people missed it and for this I am sorry. :sad3:

Originally I told the first ten or so people that asked there would be no buyouts and I was happy with that. I kept getting asked in game and pm's about adding buyouts but I thought where is the fun in that. Then people kept giving me logical reasons on to why I should add them and even though in the long run I would make less their reasons did make sense. Here are a few and I bet if I thought about it longer I would remember more.

1) I don't play during the weekend.
2) I won't be on that late on the end date because of time zone differences
3) There are a few other really nice auctions going on at this time and I don't want to tie up all of my gold on something I might not win.
4) I will be out of town and will not be able to check this until after its over
5) I am not going to keep hitting refresh during the Manning Bowl on sunday night football.

Once again semmerset I am sorry that you didn't hear about the buyouts. You have always been nice and I wish it would have worked out better for you. Have a good day :) ....or night or whatever it is there.

Lady Amy

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6) Vid De Pri-Tas Earned by the Britannian Royal Spies - 27 mil
42) Fitness Race Contestant - 4mil

V

Varrus

One of the nicest and most honest traders I have met!!! Thank you so much for a smooth, quick transaction!! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

B

Beleth of Atlantic

Shulg I wanted the auction to run as an auction but once you informed buyouts were coming I won fairly. The fact that I now have to get into a bidding war is unfair and I feel the price should be honored

The other bidders bid behind the scenes which unsavory at best to begin with. Post the time gunga pmed you and if it was after the buyout itself was posted and before I posted my winning bid I will digress and be content with being forced into a bidding war. Otherwise I should get the essence for 250m

B

Beleth of Atlantic

Did you not read his post, he didn't specify buyouts were to made in this thread. He has since edited it so it says buyouts only in this thread as well. He clearly stated that Gunga made the buyout, and to try and appease everyone he re opened #19 with out a buyout. Sounds like the fairest thing to do to me. I agree the way this auction went down was a little strange but I think shulginist was just trying to make everyone happy. And don't forget they are his items and he can do what he wishes. If people don't like it dont bid, simple
I wasn't here during any of the edits after I WON the item I went out for the night and didn't feel it was necessary to keep watch on the thread. My bid was public I had no way of knowing about ones sent via pm. It's obvious bids and buyouts should have been made in the thread as it's a public auction