• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2020 Wish List for Ultima Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Give an incentive to players with multiple accounts to not have a house on each account taking up huge plots of land with empty housing plots or important spots for the community. Give me a reason to go hunt paragon balrons and demons and things solo again without needing a sampire or tamer to do content solo.

Give incentive to group with others though... Like make more loot drop if you're with more people.

Alternate currency and just scrap gold completely. When I brought up the idea for the gold being removed physically from the game that you all implemented, the next step to that was to make a new currency now that it's more secure. Fix the economy. They took our jawbs.

Ani

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My 2020 New Year wish is to make PvP great again!

It's too user friendly and catered to PvMer/Trammel players, brought in a lot of trolls to grief PvP fights.

Get rid of "refined" suits, make it more skilled based not so much item based

Make mages and dexers more balanced instead of forcing mages to have parry on every template

Some of us miss being more creative, nowadays we're all forced to play the trendy templates.

Happy New Year!

Tailean

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My PvP Wish List

Wish (#1) Increase Damage that the skill [Tactics] provides (Rewarding people for having it) and completely get rid on the need to have Tactics to do specials.

Wish (#2) How about a 9th Circle for Mage Spells? (New Mage Spells = OMG UBER) (Mostly a Joke, but would be neat)

Wish (#3) Make useless Spells useful. ([Mind Blast] could do better damage, [Strangle] could also do higher damage with the 18 hpr suits it does no damage at all. Just to name a couple.

Wish (#4) Lowering Archer Damage was a bad idea....they cant splinter and with parry they have a major disadvantage. Give them something more so they can be useful again.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same as always, tack for my ponies - my arms are tired

upload_2020-1-6_5-42-47.png

(oh, and get rid of Avatar)

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let humans who are wearing "pads of the cu sidhe" tame cu sidhes.
Make an equivalent "talons of the cu sidhe" so gargoyles can tame cu sidhes.
More "healing" pets please, so that not everyone shows up with a cu sidhe in tow.

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My wish is simple. Allow the use of the forged metal tool of artifacts give me a 100% chance of applying the bonus mod when using armor refinements.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pets that have "Healing" will heal and cure themselves outside of combat. I wish that pets with a magic (magery, magery mastery, chivalry, mysticism, ...) would also heal and cure themselves outside of combat.

I wish that manufactured pets (golems, automaton, etc.) could be bonded and be healed by magery and veterinary, and be resurrected by veterinary.
I wish that bonded manufactured pets could be trained.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The ONLY thing I would wish for, would be for the devs to get off their A****, do the job they are paid to do, and at least make an effort to do something about the scripters/gold sellers/multiboxxers. Instead of burying their collective heads in the sand like an ostrich, or worse....

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A new game engine and the entire game rewritten with modern code. Lose Broadsword and install a real producer and dev team. UO could be a great game again but not when it is being ran and managed by milk maids with the mission of getting every last drop from the udder until the cow finally falls over dead.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that training a pet in magery (magery mastery) did not cost a full 1501 points. Ouch! Please decrease to 500 points to bring it in line with spellweaving, mysticism, discordance, etc.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatever why not

1. Add X and Y axis manipulation using the Interior Decorator tool
2. Please add some more craftables to the granite walls, specifically wooden doors and floor tiles, barred door, etc.
3. Fix graphics. Boots & pants that don't overlap right, walls that hover in the air because the foundation is too short. Deco that shows thru the floor.
4. Add the lighter colored granite as craftable too. There are two types ya know?
5. Add UOStore items on TC1.
6. Put the craft titles on the BOD book covers like ore color and leather color titles are on those books. Fix the Tinkering cover that says "Shadow Dancer Black" instead of Tinkering.
7. Placing the new custom castles and keeps cost too much on TC1. Either give more than 2 million gold or decrease the cost of these so players can test them out.
8. Ability to move vendors to a new spot. In custom houses you can by placing a wall in its spot and the vendor will go to the moving crate to be repositioned. Move them like we can secures now.

I'll think of more...

OH YAH! Customize our own Castles and Keeps AND Keeps in Malas!

Last edited:

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
have T2A and/or dungeon spawns produce new, theme based, lootable deco similar to the way it is obtained at the Prime Evil Lich spawn

or stagger it in one spawn location at a time for that matter. it would give people a reason to want to do spawns again and encite pvp at the same time

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
A new game engine and the entire game rewritten with modern code. Lose Broadsword and install a real producer and dev team. UO could be a great game again but not when it is being ran and managed by milk maids with the mission of getting every last drop from the udder until the cow finally falls over dead.
Do people really have an issue with messana? Pretty sure she actually plays the game. IMO they just need more funding.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Do people really have an issue with messana? Pretty sure she actually plays the game. IMO they just need more funding.
Too bad there is no way to fund them and even if you could that would give you no say at all in anything that got done...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we had a leader that stopped playing favorites, stopped favoring cheaters, followed her own contest rules and followed through with fair idoc changes.
I wish there was a dev I could talk to about game issues without them getting instantly mad at me.
I wish we had more furniture options in the clean up game store npc.

Question, I watched players pop up in front of a keep and castle on two different shards a few moments ago, LS and Atlantic Young tags. The log in spot is not close enough to see the house sign. How do they know status?

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My wish for 2020?? Mmm Give us back our Vet Reward in Sept/Oct as they were originally .... and since we lost the new Vet reward pick for so long - give us 1 extra vet reward to all veteran ( paying ) accounts:Begging:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Fix Gregorio the Brigand's text because the way it is now is a fiction breaker. Make it something Gregorio says (above the head). Then hire a proofreader to make sure you didn't pancake that up. Then have the proofreader go through *all* text and fix all the other pancaked up omelet you have. This new proofreader has to be familiar with Ultima's Elizabethan, and familiar with Ultima (e.g. fix the gargoyles to use infinitives).

How do I know there's no one on staff now who can do this? Have a look at the messages from the Well of Souls area. Egad.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't spam me with "The pet's battle experience has pancakeing increased" messages when the pet's battle experience is at 100% already and is not actually increasing.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Change "An Harpsichord Roll" to "A Harpsichord Roll" and then hire a proofreader so that omelet like this doesn't go live ever again.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that the pet whistle worked with whatever pet(s) I happened to have out of the stable.
Seriously, Bleak, Kyronix, Mesanna, Misk, do better.
*You see Laura not buying a pet whistle*

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wanted to reorganize my vendor a little, so I picked up a bag that was in there and moved it ... and it fell to the ground at my feet instead of going where I put it.

I wish that whatever happened there gets fixed to work the way I thought it should work.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10. Toggle for the Ultima Store gump that seems to randomly pop-up upon login.

What's the defining factor whether or not this pops up. It seems random. I can login 14 different characters and some will get this popup and some won't.
Anyways. I don't want it to popup. I don't need it to popup. Put in a toggle for it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Black leather dye tub
Black metal dye tub
Black/white/colors/metallic dye tub that just plain works for everything that can be worn or wielded or used as furniture or is hair/horns
Pet dye tub -- only one per shard in the Brit community area, costs gold to use, can dye a pet any of the colors that that kind of animal can be found wild as. LOL.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
oh I thought of something else......make ethys 0 slots! and make the giant ice serpents "worms" be able to go to 5 slot!!!!!!!!! I mean for F sakes a bull can go to 5 slot, a skree can go to 5 slot, a gator can go to 4 slot and a giant ice serpent can eat all those! some of the animal slot capabilities really need a good re thinking, bake kitsunes would be amazing if they started at 2 slot...or 1 slot even.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
thought of something else lol.....give Serpentine Dragons the same graphic in classic as they have in enhanced....they are a boxy goofy hot mess in classic...

Jelinidas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
How about simple communication from our Dev team? Three weeks into the new year and its crickets. Do they have a plan for the year? Are they still on vacation? Do they even work for UO anymore? One or two posts on Krampus is all I have seen on the official *cough* forums.

Yeah, yeah...its a small team. That's a cop out.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fix cheating (we all know its not a programming iussue... i'm a veteran programmer and ) there is no need for a genius to understand that the problem is not in the source code!!!
Delete all these duped money from game... if necessary, delete all MONEY and give a base amount to all player to start again!

I see yesterday someone buying for 5/8 billion a keep....all over hundred hundred of items selling for 400/500/800mil...1/2/3 bill...absurd!!!!
I was hidden some days ago and i see 3/4 players talking about duping money, about having many pc running all day....what is UO now? WHAT IS? ASK this to yourself!

i return playing uo about 1 year ago and all i have its around 200 mil....

Cheating, Duping all around...in the sunlight!
I read people who insult themselves heavily with sentences and words beyond all decency!

This is no longer a game ... it is a race for those who have it bigger ... which would also be fine, but here we are talking about duplicating objects, illegally obtained money, money and objects sold for real money, offenses and swear words everywhere without a GM intervening .... practically an online anarchy!

Welcome to the new UO!
i'll quit soon and

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish tritons were permanently available and not a "limited time only" thing.
I wish the same for *all* limited time only things, so I don't have to tell new players, "You can't get a Conjurer's Trinket or a shoulder parrot or a whip recipe or a Mask of Khal Ankur any more, they were available for a limited time only, you missed the boat, sucks to be you."

I wish there were more, and greater variety, of healing pets. You know, because everyone's showing up with cu skidees except for that one guy who shows up with a triton. Here's an idea: tameable fairy dragons with natural healing ability.

Why don't people show up with lions, sabretooths, and triceratops? Because those don't learn all the magics that are desirable in a cu skidee? Because they can lose their healing ability? Because they can't be ridden and a cu skidee can? Here's an idea: rideable tigers with natural healing ability and trainable in the different magics. The artwork for riding tigers is already there. You already have the precedent of different rideable llama from unrideable. So hey.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that buying items from the "Ultima Store" weren't such a ridiculous pancakeing process.
Take my money, please.
No logging in to TWO OTHER pancakeing sites. Sheesh. Pancake this omelet.
*facepalm*

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd like to see the Luna bag ball stadium turned into a huge customizable house plot that can be rented out to a player for a day for community player events. Also I would like to see a better way to advertise them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd like to see the Luna bag ball stadium turned into a huge customizable house plot that can be rented out to a player for a day for community player events. Also I would like to see a better way to advertise them.
Have you ever played Bagball? Was fun for awhile while it lasted and we had regular teams and events there until a couple of a**hats decided to ruin it for everyone by using it to "train" skills there when they knew it was being used for the games... so nothing anyone could do since well there is no way to "kick" them out or "reserve" the field so the games went to private Fel homes... which became a cluster and eventually and the games ended... that took about 6 months. Far as I know it was never used again on GLs... save for once in a great while we'd do some sparing tournaments there before they gave us the arenas.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
grass, sand and snow tile prices are insane, they would be something good to add to the clean up rewards "as a reward not a turn in" also a couple more kinds of rocks that actually look like rocks, there are plenty of rock graphics in game a few of those would be nice to have. there are also lots of styles of weeds throughout the lands some that look like little ferns, some that look like grass....those would be nice to be able to grow

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The "Righting Wrong" quest.
When you find the fellow in Yew, he tells you to ... find and talk to himself.
That's dumb.
Talking him should be the end of the previous quest and the start of the next in the chain.
@Bleak @Kyronix I wish you would fix this.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish I could buy more storage for my house. 60% isn't enough. Take my money, please, and let my house hold 60,000 different lockdowns.
I wish I could buy another floor for a castle. I know there's a way to make one out of gozas, but the method is crazy.
I wish all the plants that we can grow were "walk through."
I wish that all the different species of seeds, when identified or seedboxed, had unique names. Haven't you ever accidentally grown the wrong kind of bonsai or the wrong height hedge or the wrong facing hops?
I wish that seedboxes could hold more seeds, because it doesn't take more hard drive space to hold 32767 of each kind in there than it does to hold 5000 total. In real life flower seeds are small. I *do* keep many thousands in a take-out bag from a fast food restaurant.
I wish houses had big basements. LOL.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that all "classic" quests were rewritten for the newer quest system, because you can have only one classic quest at a time.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wish that there were a one- or two-tile garden shed because the current ones are too big.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We got a fencer shrine captain who could not be killed. We could not budge his life bar. It seemed his regeneration powers were beyond those of any attacks.
I wish that there were no exercises in futility like this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.