• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] 2010 Pacific Rares/Events Festival April 16, 17, 18

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rules were stated for quite some time. You do not have to participate if you dislike the rules. The hosts are putting in their time, energy, and gold for it - not you.

You have no entitlement to any feelings of unfairness or misgivings.
i will at the next rares festival, rules will be very different for that one thanks, enough of your annoying replies, let the people hosting it reply

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not talking about the vendor fee... im saying i can make a lot more money selling rares on a vendor for about a week (today-sunday) rather than just the time the festival takes place (friday-sunday)
agreed.
ps - also helpful for buyers/sellers that might not be around all weekend.
Agreed.

I hope be able to stock my vendor with stuff like old deeds, donuts, wrist watch, etc etc these kind of stuff before Apr 16th.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then ask to leave it on there after the festival ends. Obviously, the hosts are putting in a lot of effort in trying to make it seem like something more than a greed fest. They want to have sort of a real "opening" to the festival and make it more of a community thing.

Respect their wishes and hard work to make it something more than a farmer's market.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll admit, I'd love to get rid of extra stuff too, but I never stock my vendor until I know its okay. If I can't be around the morning of the festival, I'll stock it the night before as late as possible. The stocking rule has been in place in every festival I've attended, although quite a few ignore it.

What bugs me more than the stocking early, is those that stock items that aren't rare like haven barrel hoops, etc. I wish we could come up with a set of universal rules as well as a system to ban the items like the aforementioned. Perhaps the hosts keeping track of whose vendor is whose and they are messaged to remove the item and if they don't, than they are banned from having a vendor at the next one. Can they find a way around it? Sure, but I'd like it if at least we made an effort to protect the integrity of the rares community as a whole by publicly taking a stand against it. It really hurts our reputation and imposes the sense that the entire community is about greed more than education, safety and passion.

U

UOFree

Then ask to leave it on there after the festival ends. Obviously, the hosts are putting in a lot of effort in trying to make it seem like something more than a greed fest. They want to have sort of a real "opening" to the festival and make it more of a community thing.

Respect their wishes and hard work to make it something more than a farmer's market.
"you can sell a few pieces, but PLEASE not the best or a lot. " I'm telling everyone the same thing." Quoted from Miss D on ICQ.

But to be honest its not so much about greed, its most about actually making some gold to spend on the weekend. How many will xshard 2-3b to spend there when they have a lot of items to sell?

I myself have over 450 pieces of Rubble a lot of good rubble aswell I moved it all there to have some for pre-sales aswell. I doubt I would be able to sell it all in 3 days.
Else I might aswell just setup a vendor on a Atlantic and sell off there because it would be nearly the same and just keep the stuff thats really good for Rares Festival only. So the smaller collectors might not be able to get anything because most items will be the good and expensive stuff.

I can understand that some people who first comes friday or thursday would feel sad if they missed out on some "bargains" or items they wanted during the week. But they cant expect the items to be for sale there anyway.

F

Fraggles

We can stock the vendors with items that are not so rare and then stock our rares on friday right? thats what has happend on past rares fests

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think outside of the box. Follow the rules and you can continue the sell after the festival is officially over :)

E

Eden13

All,

I have begun giving out the vendors! If I have not yet contacted you via ICQ, feel free to reach out to me. Evenings between 8PM and 11PM EDT, and mornings just after server reset are the best times to reach me.

To answer the question of stocking:

I am expecting pre-sales of semi-rares, EM items, etc. We are having an opening, and I want to respect that folks who xshard may arrive on Thursday. I would not want them to spend the gold to xshard only to find that the item they wanted was sold already. Server Births and true rares should not be stocked until Thursday night.

I look forward to meeting each of you soon!

Thanks,
Miss D

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of you struggling with putting gold on your vendor for upkeep, I'll share a nifty trick. Get a bod book and put a bod in it and price it for however much you want you to put on the vendor. Put the bod book on your vendor 'not for sale', open it and buy your bod. You can do this with the character that owns the vendor and it saves you some trips to the bank.

Enjoy!

E

Eden13

There are 5 Registered Vendor Renters who have not yet responded to my ICQs. As the 2010 Pacific Rares & Events Fest opening ceremony is in 10 hours, and I have a wait list in case of cancellations, I feel the need to post a warning.

If you are one of the 5 Registered Vendor Renters, and you don't reply to my ICQ or show up for your vendor by 3PM PDT on Friday April 16th, I will start to rent the remaining contracts to folks on the wait list.

I hope that this warning reaches folks who still want their reserved vendor, and that you contact me within the next 17 hours!

Thanks,
Miss D

N

NorCal Uo Dealer

There are 5 Registered Vendor Renters who have not yet responded to my ICQs. As the 2010 Pacific Rares & Events Fest opening ceremony is in 10 hours, and I have a wait list in case of cancellations, I feel the need to post a warning.

If you are one of the 5 Registered Vendor Renters, and you don't reply to my ICQ or show up for your vendor by 3PM PDT on Friday April 16th, I will start to rent the remaining contracts to folks on the wait list.

I hope that this warning reaches folks who still want their reserved vendor, and that you contact me within the next 17 hours!

Thanks,
Miss D
Crosses Fingers that at least one doesnt show up :p yes thats right i am next in line :)