• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] 2010 Pacific Rares/Events Festival April 16, 17, 18

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still a month away and so many signed up already, I cant wait =)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Trying to plan my arrival date. What date will vendors be allowed to be set up?

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pardon my noobness, but I have yet to attend anything like this (gave up true rare collecting back when they decided to destroy the market for them). Plus losing my marble table by letting someone borrow it then they got banned *sigh*

however I'd like to get back into it, how would I go about buying an item? do I just x-fer over something like 500mil gold and hope I find an item I want? losing 60mil in transfer costs, or do I buy it then arrange payment to the owner on their shard?

thanks for putting up with me!

-Derium

S

shulginist

however I'd like to get back into it, how would I go about buying an item?

-Derium
Xfer gold over to Pac for the rares fest and visit the vendors set up at the rares fest house or buy from the auction there.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xfer gold over to Pac for the rares fest and visit the vendors set up at the rares fest house or buy from the auction there.

man, taking a for sure loss of 60mil gold just for a chance to buy something. there has gotta be a better way =(

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pardon my noobness, but I have yet to attend anything like this (gave up true rare collecting back when they decided to destroy the market for them). Plus losing my marble table by letting someone borrow it then they got banned *sigh*

however I'd like to get back into it, how would I go about buying an item? do I just x-fer over something like 500mil gold and hope I find an item I want? losing 60mil in transfer costs, or do I buy it then arrange payment to the owner on their shard?

thanks for putting up with me!

-Derium
Price for a back and forth transfer should be less than 40m on most shards. If you have close trusted friends going you can split the cost of the transfer with them as well to lower your cost. Most who go to the rares festival to buy also go to sell so what they make generally pays for the transfer cost. Perhaps you can dig through your chests for enough items to sell to get a vendor which will help you with your transfer fees. *smiles*

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, I have "new" stuff. but everything I have is post AOS, I sold out when AOS hit and they started remaking monthly spawns craftable ect. so nothing considered rare (I HATE EM/event items post 2000, I know they are considered rare, but not in my mind =p ). I wanted to take at least 500mil in case something good shows up at auction, if I bought 4 transfer tokens just for two characters, that's 68mil (17mil per is the cheapest right now). I just thought maybe they would let you confirm all of your gold if you wanted to bid on big ticket items, then if you win you transfer the gold to the owners server, pay them, then get your item and transfer it back, or something. Or maybe transfer gold after you won, I dunno haha.

but if that's the only way, I suppose I'll just consider the 68mil the price of admission heh

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
aye, I have "new" stuff. but everything I have is post AOS, I sold out when AOS hit and they started remaking monthly spawns craftable ect. so nothing considered rare (I HATE EM/event items post 2000, I know they are considered rare, but not in my mind =p ). I wanted to take at least 500mil in case something good shows up at auction, if I bought 4 transfer tokens just for two characters, that's 68mil (17mil per is the cheapest right now). I just thought maybe they would let you confirm all of your gold if you wanted to bid on big ticket items, then if you win you transfer the gold to the owners server, pay them, then get your item and transfer it back, or something. Or maybe transfer gold after you won, I dunno haha.

but if that's the only way, I suppose I'll just consider the 68mil the price of admission heh
Why you need 4 tokens? you can transfer 875 items at a time. 125 x 5 pack horses and 125 for your pack and bank.

Just letting you know.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why you need 4 tokens? you can transfer 875 items at a time. 125 x 5 pack horses and 125 for your pack and bank.

Just letting you know.
I had NO idea you could do that via pack horses. hrrrm, that would have saved me a lot when I moved over to ATL haha, I was deleting chars and making more to get everything moved.

thanks! find me there, I'll buy you something for 15mil since you saved me 30 ;)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had NO idea you could do that via pack horses. hrrrm, that would have saved me a lot when I moved over to ATL haha, I was deleting chars and making more to get everything moved.

thanks! find me there, I'll buy you something for 15mil since you saved me 30 ;)
Yep, max item transfer is 900 items. So plenty of space. If you've already bought the tokens you can bring them with you and possibly sell them to someone at the festival or hold on to them for the next one. Look forward to seeing you there!

~ Assia Penryn

C

Crystal Rose

Just posted the 48th confirmed vendor for the festival. The schedule of events to be posted soon.
Great work everyone!

~CR~

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like a vendor spot please if there is still room available:

Stratics Name: Shelleybean
ICQ Nickname: Shelley
ICQ number: 132015295
Home Shard: Legends
the Character name which will be accepting the contract: Calypso
I will be selling event items and rubble

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics Name: Derium of LS
ICQ Nickname: Derium of LS
ICQ number: 78881350
Home Shard: Atlantic
the Character name which will be accepting the contract: Derium
I will be selling tokens, artis, ethereals and general mil+items

C

Curran

Miss D is really good about answering messages so she might not have gotten it. =[
It's ok. I thought maybe she wasn't on her icq (or might have missed it) but would surely see the post here. I don't think she got the first one tho but wez ah a-ok! ;)

E

Eden13

I have registered everyone from Stratics, PMs and ICQs. At this point we have only FIVE open vendor registrations available! If you have any interest in a vendor, speak up quickly...

Thanks,
Miss D

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have registered everyone from Stratics, PMs and ICQs. At this point we have only FIVE open vendor registrations available! If you have any interest in a vendor, speak up quickly...

Thanks,
Miss D
Do I need to be concerned? I was given vendor 51 but my name is not on the list. Thank you

E

Eden13

Shelleybean,

I sent your name to Crystal Rose, who maintains the top portion. Anyone who has been given a confirmed Vendor number has nothing to be concerned about - except perhaps needing more gold! Looks like we are going to be chock full of great rares soon!

Everyone who has not yet requested a vendor,

I have been contacted by two more people in the past few hours, and will confirm them tonight. Almost full!

Thanks,
Miss D

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stratics Name: Demonous
ICQ Nickname: Demon Slayer
ICQ number: 102388892
Home Shard: Chesapeake
the Character name which will be accepting the contract: Demonous or Demon
I will be selling many different event items

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had no idea u guys were even reserving vendors yet, i didn't know a post about the dates was up at all... 52 vendors reserved by the time i found out about this, hopefully theres still room for a spot, im usually in the first 5 to reserve one

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i had no idea u guys were even reserving vendors yet, i didn't know a post about the dates was up at all... 52 vendors reserved by the time i found out about this, hopefully theres still room for a spot, im usually in the first 5 to reserve one

if you missed a vendor spot, I will give you mine :)

E

Eden13

Demonous has been confirmed. Two more available spots!

- Miss D

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shelleybean,

I sent your name to Crystal Rose, who maintains the top portion. Anyone who has been given a confirmed Vendor number has nothing to be concerned about - except perhaps needing more gold! Looks like we are going to be chock full of great rares soon!

Everyone who has not yet requested a vendor,

I have been contacted by two more people in the past few hours, and will confirm them tonight. Almost full!

Thanks,
Miss D
Thank you kindly. :)

Luna [MoD]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like a vendor spot please if there is still room available :)

Stratics Name: Luna [MoD]
ICQ Nickname: Luna [MoD]
ICQ number: 40468421
Home Shard: Drachenfels
the Character name which will be accepting the contract: Lost in Time

Will selling: Server Birth Items , Rares , EM Event Items , Rubbles and other special Items

E

Eden13

If you have one left I will take one Thank you
Riply,

I do have one spot left at the main house. Please contact me via PM or ICQ with the necessary information and I will supply your confirmation number.

To anyone else who has not yet reserved a vendor for the rares fest,

We are exploring two neighboring malls for additional vendors. Please let me know if there is interest in this. Additionally, if there is only one more person who would like a vendor, I will give mine up.

Thanks,
Miss D

SevenDF

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would like a vendor spot please if there is still room available :)

Stratics Name: SevenDF
ICQ Nickname: Floppy
ICQ number: 124846084
Home Shard: Drachenfels
the Character name which will be accepting the contract: Seven

Will selling: EM Items and what else i can find in my chests ;)

Orc39

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there,any vendor spot left?

Stratics Name -> Orc39
ICQ Nickname -> Orc
ICQ number -> 342887953
Home Shard -> Great Lakes
Char -> Orc Chief

If there was full any other luna spot for me? ;-)

E

Eden13

SevenDF, Orc39,

I will send you ICQs tonight. I believe I can fit you both at the main house. One renter and myself are planning to remove ourselves from the list to make room for the two of you, unless I can work out spaces at the neighboring housing.

Thanks,
Miss D

E

Eden13

Hi SevenDF, Orc39, Restroom Cowboy,

I have not forgotten about you. I am still working on the additional space at the neighboring mall, and will post a reply as soon as this is worked out. Thanks for your patience.

- Miss D

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
D, you can give my vendor to someone else. =] I don't think I'll be around for the festival unfortunately. =[

O

Old Macdonald

Wow!
This thread exploded! April can't get here fast enough!:popcorn:

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry, Cowboy, but it isn't up to me as to who gets my spot. =[ It's free now and Miss D will assign it.

E

Eden13

I have now assigned spots in the main house to SevenDF and Orc39, as they were the next two to request vendors. I will request the top of the post be updated to reflect that as soon as they reply to my ICQs.

I will take your spot if you dont mind. I have roughly 100 items to bring to pac for the auction and vendors.
Restroom Cowboy,

Please ICQ, PM or Post the required information (ICQ name & number, home shard, char to accept the contract). I will then contact you to confirm your rental.

Thanks,
Miss D

E

Eden13

All,

We have officially filled the 2010 Pacific Rares & Events Fest vendor house. All 58 contracts have been assigned. I will begin contacting the registrants to accept their contracts on Monday.

Please do not stock your rares until the beginning of the fest! Store your gold, meet the other vendor renters, and get ready to have fun!

Thanks,
Miss D

U

UOFree

All,

We have officially filled the 2010 Pacific Rares & Events Fest vendor house. All 58 contracts have been assigned. I will begin contacting the registrants to accept their contracts on Monday.

Please do not stock your rares until the beginning of the fest! Store your gold, meet the other vendor renters, and get ready to have fun!

Thanks,
Miss D
So no pre-sales?

F

Fraggles

i have some items i was wanting to stock on my vendor that are not true rares but of intrest to collectors like old ship wreck items and persenal bless deeds with nice names that i was going to place on vendors before rares fest to help get me some gold to spend is this going to be allowed ?

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it kind of makes people lose a lot of gold by not stocking their rares right away, a few days that they could have been making gold from instead of just 3

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it kind of makes people lose a lot of gold by not stocking their rares right away, a few days that they could have been making gold from instead of just 3
?????????
There is no vendor rental fee and you get charged what, 16 gold a day by the vendor itself if you have nothing on it? That sure is a lot, you're right.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
?????????
There is no vendor rental fee and you get charged what, 16 gold a day by the vendor itself if you have nothing on it? That sure is a lot, you're right.
im not talking about the vendor fee... im saying i can make a lot more money selling rares on a vendor for about a week (today-sunday) rather than just the time the festival takes place (friday-sunday)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im not talking about the vendor fee... im saying i can make a lot more money selling rares on a vendor for about a week (today-sunday) rather than just the time the festival takes place (friday-sunday)
agreed.
ps - also helpful for buyers/sellers that might not be around all weekend.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then don't participate. Everything is not about maximizing your wallet.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then don't participate. Everything is not about maximizing your wallet.
no, i just find that unfair to people that want vendors, the first 3 or 4 rares festivals the hosts didn't care about when people stocked their vendors, then this one and the previous 2 they did for some reason

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rules were stated for quite some time. You do not have to participate if you dislike the rules. The hosts are putting in their time, energy, and gold for it - not you.

You have no entitlement to any feelings of unfairness or misgivings.