• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

15th Anniversary Robe Status

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
20th Anniversary robe would have been a good compromise and then even the folks with the 15th ones might have wanted it also. But I don't think they really put much thought into this stuff lol
I really don't get that either. They could make so much more money with a progressive thinking person on the team. Wishful thinking I suppose.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sorry to say but I don't Understand the issue.

There were several Moments where you could have gottrn one with the 15th Anny

They were given out for a few occasions and ofc you can still buy them in game. And actually even if I don't like that they were in Shop a few hours with full Name you should be Happy as it lowers the price.

I paid a Lot for mine. But obviousely you want them for no real efford. I also had to gsther the needed gold. Why? Becausd I wanted it.

So id suggest if you want one with the full Tag Press ur buttcheecks together and Start gathering the money or stop complaining

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Iam iam pretty sure iam not only me who wanted one and had to gather / save the gold first to buy it.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Sorry to say but I don't Understand the issue.

There were several Moments where you could have gottrn one with the 15th Anny

They were given out for a few occasions and ofc you can still buy them in game. And actually even if I don't like that they were in Shop a few hours with full Name you should be Happy as it lowers the price.

I paid a Lot for mine. But obviousely you want them for no real efford. I also had to gsther the needed gold. Why? Becausd I wanted it.

So id suggest if you want one with the full Tag Press ur buttcheecks together and Start gathering the money or stop complaining
Yeah yeah that's my argument... really that's my entire point. So where was the outrage when they trashed singing balls, ceramic mugs, used rare art over and over making much of the rares market worthless. Can't even guess at how much gold I've lost over the years. So what made the robe "special" in this instance, nothing. The whole deal smells and it does reek of insider trading or something. A little perk to those in the loop. Frankly it's bull. Nothing made this any more special than any of the other rares they've walked all over in the past and there have been plenty. Sure it's useless so that makes it easier to take, I mean it's not like I'd wear it over say the Blackthorn robe that is actually useful. But it's the point of the thing. Why was this one item in the long history of Broadsword trashing the rares market special? It's very very odd. Now if Broadsword has truly seen the light and stops trashing the rare market in the future that's great. But I don't see that happening and allows me to go into conspiracy mode. I've used your argument over and over again as I've lost platinums and Broadsword never gave a damn. So I'm all ears if anyone can give me a valid excuse for this move.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is no valid excuse, as the validity would need to apply to everyone involved and it didn't. It was done for (and this is a guess on my part)...4 people...maybe 5, as are most changes under the current producer.

And before anyone labels me a disgruntled player who cries conspiracy theory, take a poll on the number of people who somewhat agree. When you've got that many players questioning the ethical behavior of someone, that someone has a problem.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well the Arguments it's done only for a few is not 100℅ correct. Id say that most likely 5% of the Players hold more than 50 % of Accounts. Which would mean it's don't for maybe halb of the Players.

Becausd even if we don't like it. Those few Players pay for keeping the lights on

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well the Arguments it's done only for a few is not 100℅ correct. Id say that most likely 5% of the Players hold more than 50 % of Accounts. Which would mean it's don't for maybe halb of the Players.

Becausd even if we don't like it. Those few Players pay for keeping the lights on
Yea agreed, that's always where I wonder how deep the rabbit hole is.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just saw the funniest thing on VS Atl Commemorative Robe for 100M. So in what 4 days they have dropped 75M for basically a free item.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It doesn't even have mods! What is the point? :p
No point anymore. The point was, it was a 15th anniversary robe.
Now it's a commemorative robe.
Commemorating what? That they recovered from their "delivery troubles"
it's all just more of BS bs...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
It doesn't even have mods! What is the point? :p
well...... i know people dont want this getting out, but from what ive been told the robe has hidden properties thus the reason they made a new graphic for it and only gave it away to die hard fans.

you didnt hear it from me!

sorry, cant stay, have to go make supper and stir the pot...... :)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well...... i know people dont want this getting out, but from what ive been told the robe has hidden properties thus the reason they made a new graphic for it and only gave it away to die hard fans.

you didnt hear it from me!

sorry, cant stay, have to go make supper and stir the pot...... :)

be sure to lick the spoon upload_2016-11-24_19-27-29.png

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 15th anniversary robe was desireable generally for a status symbol. (or had personal sentimental value to those who physically attended the event or won the contest)

you can still find one relatively easily, (because theres lots of them) if you still want this item as a status symbol. Obviously this wouldnt apply to personal sentimental value becuase that person would already have one.

you can get the commemorative robe for very cheap if your not concerned with the status symbol element, and just want to show your support of "commeorating" all the years of Ultima Online, plus have something a little special not available from in-game play.

To me, it just seems that those complaining about the new title never had motivations for actually wanting the 15th anniversary robe, but rather the status symbol associated with it but without the cost. The year is a non-issue. The Commemorative Robe, while more generalized, can be interpreted to Commemorate all, or any year in UOs long history.

Tho i was never a fan of these robes, or items that break the immersion of the game in general by association with Real Life dates / events, i think this move by the devs is a very appropiate one considering the history, reasons for desirability, and symbolic value of both versions of the robe.

I do agree it was a blunder on the devs part to accidentally release the 15th version for a very short time. yes a few people wil profit off this mistake. but its also not the first, or the last time that people will profit off of a mistake that was only there a few days. Think pre-patch imbued weapons. only available a few days, used to sell for over 1bil each. like the SC FC1 bokutos. But also, most collectors are aware that a few more hundred are out there, and price had already come way down on these robes. they were originally worth 800m, in the past year were down to 400m, and after the store item, similar graphic of Hawkwinds, and the initial mistake release are now only worth around 200 to 250. In short, theres not an overwelming gap between the 15th version, and the 5 dollar version. Its a gap yes, but not an astronomical one.

On a side note, Hawkwind's robe looks virtually the same and is available from normal, in-game play. and has useful mods.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, the hawkwinds is ugly as f**k!!!
agreed, so is the anniversary robe ;)

i dont think one really looks any better or worse than the other and the art / graphic is of the same styling.

robes.png

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note....sentimental robe for attending the real event [ not pixel crack ingame event]... awesome!!!..i should have flew over 2000 miles and picked one up!!...silly me!!

I will be very very disapointed if free 20th anni stuff is given out to those lucky enough to live nearby....ANY 20th anni item MUST be made available to EVERYONE and ANYONE who wants to celebrate the 20th anniversay....Via the ingame store [fullstop].

this as been a joke...enough of this greedy ********!!!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a side note....sentimental robe for attending the real event [ not pixel crack ingame event]... awesome!!!..i should have flew over 2000 miles and picked one up!!...silly me!!

I will be very very disapointed if free 20th anni stuff is given out to those lucky enough to live nearby....ANY 20th anni item MUST be made available to EVERYONE and ANYONE who wants to celebrate the 20th anniversay....Via the ingame store [fullstop].

this as been a joke...enough of this greedy ********!!!
to be fair THP, yes it wouldnt be realistic for people outside of the US to attend the event. Even most people in the U.S. (depending on income and vacation time available) but alas UO is a US based game. comparatively, the original 15th robe can be bought for gold and is very affordable compared to even someone in US actually attending the event in person.

Personally, i would have made the robes account bound. however the devs made them able to be traded to give those who couldnt attend the opportunity to own one.

And i do agree, a 20th anniversary item should be made available to everyone. With additional, seperate item or "swag bag" to those who invest the time, money, and effort to attend the event in Virginia. again, personally id prefer if these items given out for attending the actual event were "no drop no trade" account bound.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And i do agree, a 20th anniversary item should be made available to everyone. With additional, seperate item or "swag bag" to those who invest the time, money, and effort to attend the event in Virginia. again, personally id prefer if these items given out for attending the actual event were "no drop no trade" account bound.
%100 DISagree. Just because you are fortunate enough to live near the event does not mean you are more entitled to IN-GAME items any more than anybody that pays a sub to support UO. If you want to give SWAG then make it something you hang on a wall or place on your desk but STOP feeding the greedy. How many of thase ROBES were give out, we all know for a fact that people got more than one each and most of them turned into nothing more than sell items ingame. If anything ingame is given it needs to be made account bound and has to be done right there with a DEV, you log in and a DEV logs in and the account/maybe even char. bound item is given and only ONE per person, none of the multi gift BS.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
%100 DISagree. Just because you are fortunate enough to live near the event does not mean you are more entitled to IN-GAME items any more than anybody that pays a sub to support UO. If you want to give SWAG then make it something you hang on a wall or place on your desk but STOP feeding the greedy. How many of thase ROBES were give out, we all know for a fact that people got more than one each and most of them turned into nothing more than sell items ingame. If anything ingame is given it needs to be made account bound and has to be done right there with a DEV, you log in and a DEV logs in and the account/maybe even char. bound item is given and only ONE per person, none of the multi gift BS.
i dont see how it matters whether its an in game item, or physical item when it relates to "feeding the greedy". both can be sold.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i dont see how it matters whether its an in game item, or physical item when it relates to "feeding the greedy". both can be sold.
Not here on Stratics because there are no RMTs allowed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
agreed, so is the anniversary robe ;)

i dont think one really looks any better or worse than the other and the art / graphic is of the same styling.

View attachment 57434
Hawkwinds rather reminds me of a wedding gown gone wrong... and both of them, I'm sorry to say, make your character look FAT.