• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

15th anniv items are here

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is 16 different types of sands of sosaria, each having a unique hue, containing a brief history of the respective year from 1997 to 2012.

For the Britannian date, we can see in the game that five seconds is a minute in Britannia, which makes the time 12 times faster. The first four items on UO Stratics - Time are according to that fact:

However, as far as I can understand, at one point, someone calculated "One Earth year equals five Britannian years" according to some type of a source which I have no idea of today. In order to adapt the date to this new information while maintaining the fact that the time passes 12 times faster, they had to make a Britannian year 12/5 times longer. Thus, a Britannia year became 365 * 12 / 5 = 876 days and a Britannia month became 876 / 12 = 73 days. This is where that magic number, "73", comes from on the last four items of the same page:
Trying to nail down the Britannian Date for these items was no easy task. After consulting various sources, pouring over past BNN articles, and trying to find some level of consistency amongst it all I really needed a huge Advil. In any case, the dates represented were the closest to any consistency that made sense for what had been done in the past. Glad everyone is enjoying the presents!
To view the original post, please click here