• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

11/20/2007 (RESOLVED again at 7:33PM PST) 5:20 PM PST Update Service interuption

• Thread starter imported_LFancey
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

laaa laaaa laalaalaalaa ......bored ........need a life i think.

C

Catwoman1966

Thanks Lee, it's good of you to keep us informed like this.

Cheers,

Cat.

I

imported_remflyer

Windows XP
Using shortcut to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EALand\TSOPatch\TSO.exe" -w
East Coast (CT), 1:50 pm EST

Castanet error message has changed to "'There was an error reading from the network. This may be due to connectivity problems or the server may be down due to maintenance."

I ran the repair option available on EA-Land but the problem seems to be server based.

I am really wishing that the TSO Update Utility would not go through the verifying file loop everytime we wish to see if the server is fixed yet. It is frustrating to wait for that to go through our files before we can see if a fix is in place. Any chance we could get a check box to avoid this needless verifying in the future? One time through should be enough.

Are you still going through with today's planned update if this has not been fixed?

I

imported_LFancey

remflyer,

There are reasons it has to verify. It is trying to determine if there are updates and since it can't contact the server there is nothing to let the clients know. Kinda of like a phone call when no one answers.

Not sure yet about the update. One crisis at a time

Still working on it everyone

Lee

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

remflyer,

There are reasons it has to verify. It is trying to determine if there are updates and since it can't contact the server there is nothing to let the clients know. Kinda of like a phone call when no one answers.

Not sure yet about the update. One crisis at a time

Still working on it everyone

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, darn.
I was really hoping there was some way around the verifying loop.

I know this has got to be as frustrating to the team as it is to us. Wish I could go and kick the server. lol

J

Just A. Sim

I am west of the mississippi and still getting the same error. I have tried to do the EA Land download but it will do nothing after installing the active x controls. I have read that vista is having problems with the EA Land Log in and download.

Hope this resolves the issue that it is happening to the west as well. thx.

G

ok i got in using my sim folder i opened it and went in thru my tso.exe icon in tso client folder hope it works for you too

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

Use TSO Client and u can get in avoiding the patch

[/ QUOTE ]
I just got in using the Client. I should have thought of that. Ty for posting this tip. I guess I'll just be stuck in TC3 for awhile until this is resolved.

I

imported_LFancey

Everyone,

Please we are working on the problem. And using the TSOClient directly can actually make it worse for you in some instances.

If you get in using TSOClient it is accidental that you have the correct version of the client. This will not work for everyone.

I repeat this will not work for everyone.

Lee

PS did I mention it won't work for everyone.

I

imported_herk1287

I was in av earleir on desktop but had to do ystem restore to a week ago now its stuck, it appears to load but closes
i even did a repair of ealand

I

imported_LFancey

So this is a hardware issue... If you system restored you patched your computer backwards in time. If at that time you where say in TC3 then you can't get to AV and since TC3 has been updated you can't get there either.

There is virtually nothing you can do on your ends to get in if you are stuck.

You will have to wait for us to get it resolved.

Lee

I

imported_princess45001

ok now all my issues are fixed except when i try and invite a roommnate i get error that says there was an error in inviting roommate invitation was cancelled.ugh.what can i do to fix this?been happening for 2 days

G

<blockquote><hr>

...when i try and invite a roommnate i get error that says there was an error in inviting roommate invitation was cancelled.ugh.what can i do to fix this?been happening for 2 days

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had a few people tell me this princess, thanks. I'll spread the word to the devs.

I

imported_princess45001

ty niki lol i have lots ppl want to room and i have to keep saying no
i really appreciate the fast responses lately has really helped in being patient with the quirks, you guys are the best:)

I

imported_LFancey

Update...

It's still broke.
We are still working on it.
No ETA.

Lee

I

imported_LFancey

The service is restored and new hardware is in place. We have seen connections to the new service and people are patching.

I will keep watch but for now I am on my way home for a little sleep.

Thanks

Lee

P

PB Three

Thanks Lee and the network team for your hard work! Glad to be back in TC3 now.

PB Three

G

<blockquote><hr>

Update Error

There was an error reading from the network. For more information, please go to http://thesimsonline.custhelp.com (search key word: 'CASTANET_ERROR_UNEXPECTED_EOF'). Please select 'Retry' to attempt to update the game again, or 'Quit' to exit the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still getting that error. I get it BEFORE even getting into the game

I

imported_LFancey

juicy,

You are getting a Castanet error? Can you please verify for certain?

Thanks

Lee

L

Lucky Hawk

I can't get into TSO period using the EALand client. What is the solution when the damn client doesn't enter the game and keeps verifying?