• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

▒ - SOMETHING TO CONSIDER - ▒ ( Need your Opinion )

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I AM ASKING THE STRATICS MOD'S TO WATCH THIS THREAD VERY CLOSE AND DELETE THE FLAMES
THIS POST IS NOT ABOUT ME, IT IS ABOUT THE SITUATION ITSELF

I know a lot of people will think this is a Strange thing on what I am about to suggest the UO Community and the Devs, specially coming from a person that also like to do Idocs. But It is time to really think on what is going on around us and maybe act to help those that may need us soon.

I know it is too soon to ask the Devs to help those that may need, but I will suggest anyway.

@Mesanna - @Bleak - @Kyronix

Everybody know that Texas was Hit really hard by the Hurricane Harvey, all the damage that caused and all those people without a roof and power for months and months to come and made me think that a lot of those people may play UO and they will have no way (ofc) to pay for their accounts or check anything at all, so therefore a lot of them may loose their houses on the coming months... so I was thinking if there is a way to either Freeze all the Idoc's for the next couple months or if they have a way to check for those that live on those states and prevent their houses to collapse.
I know it may sound crazy, I know that nothing will collapse now...but was just something that Io thought...a lot of them already lost their Homes and belongs IRL, so why not help them save their UO Houses!

Cheers

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
(Watches the thread very closely)

I seem to remember the same type of thing happening after Hurricane Katrina, and when the Iraq war started since people being deployed couldn't keep up with paying their UO subscriptions, so there is precedent for it.

I support this idea and think it would be a very nice gesture.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have my vote too.
Irma is already a hurricane... she is aimed so far at the islands but can and looks like she will bounce up to Florida and maybe the gulf or eastern seaboard.
The season has just started to wind up.
We need our player base... and Texas is not a tiny place! Anyone who has ever driven on interstate 10 knows what I mean.
We all know Katrina made a mess of NOLA. Well this has done the same on a grander scale...
I do hope the Dev take this in consideration.
It cant hurt to hold off the demolition in light of the devastation and the family's ripped out of homes.
The least we can do is give them the peace of mind their game home will be there for them.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm in!
Love the idea...
I moved out of Houston 6 months ago and i have hundreds of friends devastated by this...

What people dont realize...
Flood insurance is a secondary insurance in Houston - meaning, it's not require to have...
Most people don't realize that just because the hurricane brought on the flooding doesn't make it hurricane damage...
Flooding is technically Ground up... so 10's of thousands of people with flooded home are S.O.L. based on insurance standards... just keep that in mind.
One of my best friends and his wife just trudged through 20" of water to get to his house... It was 3 feet under water for 3 days... and he doesn't have flood insurance...
His cars are totaled - but insurance will cover those.

(actual photo of him and his wife - check out the fence-line to the left... that's the water height)

eber.jpg

Attachments

Lord Ron Fellows

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My vote is no. There have been plenty of natural disasters in the last 20 years and there will be many to come. Why start now?
If a temporary hold is put into place how long would it be?
How bad does the disaster need to be to roll out this rule?
My house burned down in the 2007 California wildfires and my UO account survived.
Last year alone there were 5 notable natural disasters with hundreds of deaths and tens of billions of dollars in damages.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I Too Love this Idea ...may I Add one further idea. Maybe on the account web page have a link or a button for just a situation That maybe if they can use a smart phone log on to the website they can click that to "Put account on hold due to _____ Situation" I know it seems like a lot to ask For the $12.99 a month BUT when you add in time Spent In this game to the Player its So much more ..I mean just look how We all are devastated that one time you forgot to SECURE that one chest when moving & you lost a few Valuables in game :eyes: ( You know we all have) Have like a 1- 2 month Limit on the holding of account ...:Begging:

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My vote is no. There have been plenty of natural disasters in the last 20 years and there will be many to come. Why start now?
If a temporary hold is put into place how long would it be?
How bad does the disaster need to be to roll out this rule?
My house burned down in the 2007 California wildfires and my UO account survived.
Last year alone there were 5 notable natural disasters with hundreds of deaths and tens of billions of dollars in damages.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Um you do realize idocs was slow at falling even if they did it was RARE pre 2005 ... Because they had 2-3 Major Mass house decays to clean up non active accounts in last 12 years.
This would be a great PR Move for the company to make ...Yes they may loose some money if they do it but what is money compared to loyalty ?
I have castles that took me YEARS & I mean like 6 years of holding houses to get all I needed to upgrade to castle. I know people aren't all about houses but most UO players Collect something and usually put many MANY years into it, only to have some one say Oh well Life sucks, Sorry about your luck! Pffft :facepalm:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think it's a wonderful Idea...

I can personally count several friends who have left UO because they lost their home and everything in it. We don't need that. Anything that can be done to prevent that is great.

People down there have enough on their plate or in their bucket... not having to worry that they will lose their UO house would be one less stress.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Love the Idocs also, but i think this is a fantastic idea. between the anny events and halloween coming up we have more than enough to keep even us idocing buzzards busy ........ there is also mass flooding in Asia according to an article i read. turn em off for a bit, and send those poor people some prayers, good vibes, positive energy...just what every ya got =) good suggestion AR

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
They Heard You... Minus the fact that they also stopped everything...

Turning off Housing Decay for the Month of September
Posted on September 1, 2017 by Mesanna

Greetings everyone,

We are turning off housing decay for the whole month of September starting today (9/1/2017) to try to help any of our players that are having to go through the disaster occuring in Texas at this time. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your families.

Please be aware that during this time you will not be able to place a house, transfer a house, demolish a house or resize a house.

Thank you,

UO Team

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's awesome to hear!

I'm wondering how the 20th anniversary castles being given away at the party are going to be given out now though... If it's impossible to transfer a house during September, and the castles are being given out in September.... how will they get transferred to their winners?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations my dear friends... the dev heard us and acted.

I am very proud of our game for its support of this.

Yes its a hastle for some but considering who it helps... its worth every day.
some Sandy and Katrina people are still hurting and kat was over 12 years ago!
These people can use every ounce of consideration.
Even 30 days for housing in a game.
It may be weeks before any get near a computer or bank even!
Just because the water is lowering.. does not mean the shops and banks are open for business.
They too got hit hard. They will take time to be any way close to opening their doors and business as usual.
Jobs just got lost.... business's wiped out... Those who can ride the storm will need time.

We did good.
As did Mesanna and the dev in their wise move to help.
We are gratefull for their understanding and actions

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My only concern is the favouritism in something like this. Wait before the flame. I believe this would not even be remotely considered if this was for example an earthquake in New Zealand. Much like ones that have happened previously. So, why should something like this happen for Americans, where it would not happen for other people around the world?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My only concern is the favouritism in something like this. Wait before the flame. I believe this would not even be remotely considered if this was for example an earthquake in New Zealand. Much like ones that have happened previously. So, why should something like this happen for Americans, where it would not happen for other people around the world?
So because we cant help everyone we shouldn't help anyone. I never understood that mindset.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So because we cant help everyone we shouldn't help anyone. I never understood that mindset.
I see where youre coming from, but thats a lot deeper question - than, a computer games IDOCs being turned off. As someone studying Medicine, I have dealt with patients who I did not want to personally treat. However, it is our job to treat everyone and treat everyone with respect and dignity no matter what. So in my perspective we should all be treated the same if its extenuating circumstances. Do you concur?

In all honesty, do you think if there was another devestating Earthquake in Nz/Aus? or Japan or even Europe? They would turn idocs off? If you do so believe that would happen, fair enough. It's a good precedent to set.

Lastly, if we are that concerned about people not being able to pay for their accounts, why not setup a system when if a house drops, let all the stuff go into the bank? There's many other methods.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I see where youre coming from, but thats a lot deeper question - than, a computer games IDOCs being turned off. As someone studying Medicine, I have dealt with patients who I did not want to personally treat. However, it is our job to treat everyone and treat everyone with respect and dignity no matter what. So in my perspective we should all be treated the same if its extenuating circumstances. Do you concur?

In all honesty, do you think if there was another devestating Earthquake in Nz/Aus? or Japan or even Europe? They would turn idocs off? If you do so believe that would happen, fair enough. It's a good precedent to set.

Lastly, if we are that concerned about people not being able to pay for their accounts, why not setup a system when if a house drops, let all the stuff go into the bank? There's many other methods.
You make a good point, and your concern about favoritism is justified.

However, I see the favoritism concern from a different angle. Yes, it is favoritism, but there is a good reason for that favoritism existing from a business perspective.

Americans have always made up the majority of UO subscribers, which is evidenced by the fact that the largest shards in UO since day one were Atlantic and Great Lakes, which are both American shards. Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States, and on top of it UO started in Austin, Texas which is very close to Houston.

It makes perfect sense for a business to make more of an effort to keep their largest customer base happy, than to go out of their way to help a tiny country like New Zealand which may only have 50 total UO players, but by doing so would anger their largest customer base due to the housing being down etc.

It's impossible for UO as a business to shut down housing every single time there is a large natural disaster somewhere in the world, because something happens almost every month these days. It makes far more sense to pick the disasters most closely related to their primary player bases. They are still helping people, the only difference is that they are minimizing the risk for themselves and maximizing the good publicity created from it, since Americans will like seeing them help other Americans which will keep their main player base happy.

Personally, I would rather they help some people than none at all, regardless of whether or not it is favoritism.

To put this into a medical perspective since you mentioned you are a medical student, let's say there are two people dying and you only have the resources to save one of them. Which is worse, saving the one you like more so at least one person gets to live, or letting them both die for the sake of fairness?

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You make a good point, and your concern about favoritism is justified.

However, I see the favoritism concern from a different angle. Yes, it is favoritism, but there is a good reason for that favoritism existing from a business perspective.

Americans have always made up the majority of UO subscribers, which is evidenced by the fact that the largest shards in UO since day one were Atlantic and Great Lakes, which are both American shards. Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States, and on top of it UO started in Austin, Texas which is very close to Houston.

It makes perfect sense for a business to make more of an effort to keep their largest customer base happy, than to go out of their way to help a tiny country like New Zealand which may only have 50 total UO players, but by doing so would anger their largest customer base due to the housing being down etc.

It's impossible for UO as a business to shut down housing every single time there is a large natural disaster somewhere in the world, because something happens almost every month these days. It makes far more sense to pick the disasters most closely related to their primary player bases. They are still helping people, the only difference is that they are minimizing the risk for themselves and maximizing the good publicity created from it, since Americans will like seeing them help other Americans which will keep their main player base happy.

Personally, I would rather they help some people than none at all, regardless of whether or not it is favoritism.

To put this into a medical perspective since you mentioned you are a medical student, let's say there are two people dying and you only have the resources to save one of them. Which is worse, saving the one you like more so at least one person gets to live, or letting them both die for the sake of fairness?
Well firstly, Japan has the most subscriptions for UO. Moreover, if New Zealand has lets say 50 players. Let's just shut down the IDOCS on Oceania, not game wide. Thus making some sort of fairness.

I think they should make an effort to help everyone not just Americans. For example, with Japan being the biggest suscriber to UO game play or close to. There was nothing that i am aware was put into place during the 2011 tohoku earthquake and tsunami. Which argueably was more devestating than the current issues in America.

Once again, there is a lot more that goes into a descion like that - firstly you weigh up who you have the best chance of saving with the limited resources. which, would take into consideration age, comorbidies, consent, gender, race and my ability to treat. I believe you're trying to make an arguement here that is unrelated to the situation. A compuer game is not life and death. But, as a paying customer, our opinions should be heard as well as americans. Do you not agree?

So let's test your ethics, you seem to be biazed on this fourm to your friends. So if one of your friends breaks some rules and accuses every member of UO staff of being involed in corruption, would you let their thread run? And ban anyone that disagrees with that statement?
I assume I'll get banned for posting this... so peace!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well firstly, Japan has the most subscriptions for UO.
I highly doubt this, since Atlantic is the only shard left with a large population, and the Japanese shards are mostly medium to low population even during their prime times (I do shard transfers often so I end up on those shards frequently and notice this).

Let's just shut down the IDOCS on Oceania, not game wide. Thus making some sort of fairness.
For a localized region like New Zealand, I agree that would be a good plan. The American shards are so twisted together that it would be difficult to shut down only the "Texas" shard when Texans play many American shards though.

But, as a paying customer, our opinions should be heard as well as americans. Do you not agree?
I agree completely, there is nothing stopping your opinions from being heard. It doesn't mean UO will choose to follow that plan though.

So let's test your ethics, you seem to be biazed on this fourm to your friends. So if one of your friends breaks some rules and accuses every member of UO staff of being involed in corruption, would you let their thread run? And ban anyone that disagrees with that statement?
See, the issue with this is that it's actually pretty much impossible for me to be biased towards my friends on here. The reason is that nearly everyone here is or has been my friend at some point. Not kidding at all, there are very few people on Stratics I don't have some type of friendship or at least mutual respect with. So to be biased towards my friends I would have to moderate nothing at all, which isn't possible as a moderator. As I'm sure they can attest to, I send my friends warnings whenever it is needed as part of moderation, and have even perma banned a couple over the years.

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't, because there is no reason for that friend to be doing that and it violates the Stratics Rules of Conduct. That isn't an emergency situation either, so isn't an accurate comparison to the natural disaster and life or death stuff. There is nothing on the forum that could be compared to natural disasters that I can think of actually.

I assume I'll get banned for posting this... so peace!
No, you won't get banned for this, don't worry about that. I don't take any offence to what you wrote, and if you do end up getting a warning for it from another moderator at some point, that was their decision not mine.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
My 2 cents @Parthis the difference is, NO ONE...... NO ONE from Japan or any other place asked for help or the Forums, I was looking all over and there is NO post anywhere.....so something bad happened in Texas, We decide to make a post and ask for the Devs if they could do something to help and They saw ALL the positive comments of Everyone that posted, saying that was a Good Idea and than when they did, now all of sudden Hell Breaks!

You know the difference is, Disasters occurs everyday on every Country....but this was the 1st TIME that I ever seem someone asking the Devs for some sort of Help and They heard! and I bet will be the last, bc after everything that we heard people here saying about them (Devs) and that how some people on this board could care less if his neighbors die or whatever, I dont think you will see any more help coming!!

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My 2 cents @Parthis the difference is, NO ONE...... NO ONE from Japan or any other place asked for help or the Forums, I was looking all over and there is NO post anywhere.....so something bad happened in Texas, We decide to make a post and ask for the Devs if they could do something to help and They saw ALL the positive comments of Everyone that posted, saying that was a Good Idea and than when they did, now all of sudden Hell Breaks!

You know the difference is, Disasters occurs everyday on every Country....but this was the 1st TIME that I ever seem someone asking the Devs for some sort of Help and They heard! and I bet will be the last, bc after everything that we heard people here saying about them (Devs) and that how some people on this board could care less if his neighbors die or whatever, I dont think you will see any more help coming!!
Once again, this is not an offical UO fourms, I dont understand why people would ask for help here? It should be much better asking via emails or an offical fourms.Furthermore, my understanding is that all the Dev team is American, and I am not aware of any that understand the Japenese or Korean languages.. So an average Japenese player would have no sway on an UNOFFICAL uo fourm. You're stating from your perspective you have no really no clue if the other players have posted on their own fourms about issues, I very much doubt you read the german fourms, from drachs, The Japenese fourms, The Russian fourms and even the Oceania fourms. Where these players may of asked for help but it falls on deaf ears.

It seems a lot of you here have good relationships with the Dev team and can make changes, but its unfortunate for players who are not from the high traffic areas get left out if something happens to them.

And do you really think if i posted saying, New Zealand just had another earthquake i cannot sort my accounts out they would change anything.

If you have access to post on these fourms you have access to pay for your accounts it's pretty simple.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I highly doubt this, since Atlantic is the only shard left with a large population, and the Japanese shards are mostly medium to low population even during their prime times (I do shard transfers often so I end up on those shards frequently and notice this).

For a localized region like New Zealand, I agree that would be a good plan. The American shards are so twisted together that it would be difficult to shut down only the "Texas" shard when Texans play many American shards though.

I agree completely, there is nothing stopping your opinions from being heard. It doesn't mean UO will choose to follow that plan though.

See, the issue with this is that it's actually pretty much impossible for me to be biased towards my friends on here. The reason is that nearly everyone here is or has been my friend at some point. Not kidding at all, there are very few people on Stratics I don't have some type of friendship or at least mutual respect with. So to be biased towards my friends I would have to moderate nothing at all, which isn't possible as a moderator. As I'm sure they can attest to, I send my friends warnings whenever it is needed as part of moderation, and have even perma banned a couple over the years.

But to answer your question, no I wouldn't, because there is no reason for that friend to be doing that and it violates the Stratics Rules of Conduct. That isn't an emergency situation either, so isn't an accurate comparison to the natural disaster and life or death stuff. There is nothing on the forum that could be compared to natural disasters that I can think of actually.

No, you won't get banned for this, don't worry about that. I don't take any offence to what you wrote, and if you do end up getting a warning for it from another moderator at some point, that was their decision not mine.
My warmest congratulations to cpt Norrington for his thoughtful post and the UO staff for the action of delaying housing for one month.
I think the majority of the UO players, including the Japanese and European server players would agree with the support of UO community as a whole to this massive disaster and what is has meant for the people affected. Regardless of comments about favoritism and other negative concerns, it remains that we the majority of players are supportive of this. Again cudos to UO community and UO staff , GOOD JOB!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
My congrats to UO staff and the majority of the UO community for expressing their sorrow support for the many thousands of victims of this massive natural disaster. There are not enough words to describe what the victims are going through right now, and what a lot of them have lost, and in what state they will go back into their lives. For a lot of us it is even not possible to imagine their pain and hardship, unless we had been in a similar state in the past. VERY good job!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

Dont be too upset and the majority of us UO players are in support of the housing action by the staff. Dr Perthes only expressed just one man's opinion. I just think he probably wanted to just try to be the devil's advocate and he is only one person, and not a majority IMO.
I do think that the housing act was good and the majority supports it. I think that the devs know it and they will continue to supportive and compassionate in future disasters, regardless of nonsense comments about "favoritism" etc.

Parthis

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Dont be too upset and the majority of us UO players are in support of the housing action by the staff. Dr Perthes only expressed just one man's opinion. I just think he probably wanted to just try to be the devil's advocate and he is only one person, and not a majority IMO.
I do think that the housing act was good and the majority supports it. I think that the devs know it and they will continue to supportive and compassionate in future disasters, regardless of nonsense comments about "favoritism" etc.
You're firstly implying that I am not for this..Which, I have never said. correct? I do not disagree that it is the right thing to do. Do you think it's just one persons opinion. The people who i am advocating for generally are not on these fourms. So it does look pretty one sided i do admit.
But, what I would like to see it happen through the UO community rather than just Americans. Does that sound like the right to do? Help everyone out during a period of sorrow,pain and suffering.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well I note that when Cyclone Debbie hit the north east coast of Australia affecting about 2600 kms of coastline in March 2017, including as far north as Townsville down to the Lismore area where I live and causing mass flooding and devestation for months, 11 deaths and where even now 1/3 businesses in Lismore are still not reopened that nothing was stopped etc.

While I appreciate that those in Houston are experiencing major trauma, I believe the month they have turned housing off for is plenty and any more is overkill. Not to mention we could end up having it permanently turned off if another disaster happens somewhere else. After a month people should be able to access account management via phone or internet cafes if they need to renew their subscriptions even if they are unable for whatever reason to access the game itself.

If turning off idocs means turning off all housing systems as it seems to have currently done then no I am not a fan of this. I have no idea why currently all house placement etc is turned off if they are able to just stop the houses going into idoc status, unless it is for those couple that may have gone into that state in the first couple of days since the incident before something could be done, in which case surely Mesanna could of 'held' those until the people returned and could hand them back over instead of stopping all housing placement, customising, idocs etc etc.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Once again, this is not an offical UO fourms, I dont understand why people would ask for help here? It should be much better asking via emails or an offical fourms.
The UO Official Forums are "Coming Soon" :)
But as far as I know, Stratics is the only "official" channel that the devs use to communicate with the players other than the monthly M&G on all shards.
Many times the Devs post on this forum to ask us to give feedback on something new or whatever. anyone on any part of the world can "google" and the 1st choice as the result will be Stratics, also We have on stratics all the shards listed, with no Language barrier... I am not giving you a hard time at all, but on all those shard forums, no one ever posted anything, no one ever thought about asking for help before? and than why when some of us think about and post something to get peoples opinion and the answers or feedback was quite positive and to be really honest, I am so surprised that the Devs even acted so fast on the matter... and look at this exactly moment and think about!!!! We asked for a little of help for those that may need (I am not in Texas btw) and instead of be happy about the Devs decision on act.....no......look at the recently posts!! all about hate, dont like, screw this, screw them, and we are here at this moment discussing / typing our opinions on what and why and how and not focusing on the matter that The Devs did what they did "thinking" that they were helping!!!.......

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think shutting off house decay is a good decision but why this month? People who pay for their accounts houses wouldn't be falling this month. I am just asking to find out. Also why does decay shut off turn off the whole trade market? I feel this was a Awesome to do in times of disaster and thank the devs for doing so but these are the only questions I have about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Kyo

Seasoned Veteran
Whilst on Sept 1, they turned off house decay for a month, I feel this isn't long enough. Houston and neighbouring towns will take months to recover. I hope that the decay is shut off for more than a month. A month will only extend them from decay for 4 months (if I calculate it correctly).

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fact you know there are offical fourms coming soon, means you have a relationship with the Dev team in some shape or form.
Mesanna said it a couple of times at the M&Gs. That, of course, doesn't mean it is really going to happen, nor that they have someone still maintaining it 6 months after the first release ;) It's more of a pipedream of Mesanna to have her very own echo-camber. Hardly thought through, staffed with some volunteers close to her.

Just like their wiki, which obviously also lacks an editor to follow things up.