• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

My suggestions to the dev team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selurnoraa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just sitting here I have had several idea's and decided to share them with you all, I realize much of this has probably been discussed in the past and may even be considered 'beating a dead horse' I believe in all of this. So I hope the moderators allow for a discussion to take place here without letting their personal views on the subjects affect the outcome of this thread.

1. Champion Spawns should be removed from Felucca and T2A on all realms (including siege) and instead powerscrolls should be added to all of the Trammel spawns including ones in Ilshenar as well as the Primeval Lich, Abyssal Infernal, Twaulo of the Glade, Illhenir the Stained and Serado the Awakened. Also setting up a new spawn location(s) for the Harrower.
  • Felucca has had control over powerscrolls long enough, It's time to allow entire playerbase to have access to this content without the risk of being killed by another player.
  • Revitalizing the relatively unused spawns, will give players more options in what they do with their playtime. Without any major content updates in the foreseeable future it is vital that old systems be brought to the forefront and made worthwhile.

2. Obviously with the removal of champion spawns from Felucca the players need something new to fight over so what I propose is 'Skill Cap Scrolls'. These would allow the player to increase their total skill cap above the current 700/720 cap that is currently in place depending on account age. (so 745 for a 4th+ yr account)
  • These would be obtainable in the same value's as stat scrolls (5,10,15,20,25) off a boss which is summoned in a way similar to that of its predecessor the harrower himself, by collecting the keys(skulls) off his minions.
  • It has been atleast 10 years since Character's have experienced and kind of progression in this game. It is about time that we can power up our characters a little further.

3. Doom needs an item overhaul. If you honestly look at all the gauntlet artifacts really only two of them have much use these days (ornament of the magician and armor of fortune) some have situational uses or can be playable but in reality there is better options available.
  • An example of why this needs to happen if you take the Axe of Heavens, you can imbue the exact same item for a weighted intensity of 480/500 which allows for the addition of 5 ssi. Which not only makes it easier to obtain but a better weapon from the start, and If I am not mistaken 2-handed weapon intensity cap has recently been raised even higher then 500. Making this item and many others further obsolete.
  • I propose that many of these items be replaced in the gauntlet drop system with new additions. Some of the borderline artifacts that have potential with a few tweaks should be added to a new 4 tier artifact turn in system. tier 1 would be 25 turn in's, tier 2 50, tier 3 75, tier 4 100. Each gauntlet artifact turned in would be the equivalent of one point in this system.
  • Hopefully with the recent addition of detecting duped items and blocking them from vendors this could be applied to this system to prevent duped artifacts from being cashed in for greater rewards.
  • Based on tier level the new artifact would be of a higher artifact rarity starting at 12 going up to 15 for the final tier.
  • Items like Conjurer's Garb/Trinket/Grimoire can be added as new drops to the gauntlet, along with things of like a greater rune beetle in a crystal / or a greater white wyrm. Maybe a weapon similar to the planesword that has a random max property that does not count the items final weight.
  • Also expanding on the skill cap scrolls suggested earlier I believe an item similar to the recently added Scroll of Valiant Commendation. A similar one raising stat cap by 5 should also drop from doom allowing the skill cap total to reach a maximum of 750.

Some examples of items that could be on each tier are:

Tier One: take the Axe of Heavens and make it a little stronger example tier one 15 hci/15dci/75 lightning/50 damage increase and 20 ssi. Or give the staff of the magi the Balanced property

Tier Two: Put the faction quality items like the improved Ring of the Vile/ Fey Leggings / Rune Beetle Carapace / Stormgrips along with some other legacy updated doom arties into this tier.

Tier Three: The faction version of the Spirit of the Totem / Hunters Headdress / Reading Glasses.

Tier Four: The faction Ornament / Crystalline Ring / Crimson Cincture / Inquisitors Resolution.

4. Minor Peerless Artifacts hopefully with the addition of powerscrolls to ilshenar these would be a lot more common and again could use a turn in system maybe not to the cost extent of doom. But a way to get improved peerless artifacts by maybe just a 3 tier system for 5, 10 and 15 turn in's per level with the 3rd tier having items on par with the faction revamped Heart of the Lion.

5. Classic mounts (horse, ostards, llama, ridgeback, swamp dragon) should have their health and resistances be put on par with those of a faction warhorse. These should not remain one hit kills to an opposing player.
  • A new item for the Gauntlet should be a Fountain Of Life that instead of producing enhanced bandages, it produces a special new bandage that allows the user to resurrect their own mount with it in exactly the same fashion a faction player can res their warhorse. Basically any of the mounts listed above and including the two peerless mounts and excluding frenzied ostards.
  • Gargoyle's can fly human's and elves should atleast be able to res their favorite steed.
6. Siege Perilous should pioneer the f2p market for Ultima Online.
  • Players would still need to have purchased a valid game license to play, so the worry of scripters would be minimal due to having to pay for a new license if the one you were using got terminated.
  • Siege's ruleset already does a lot to hinder unattended macroing with skill systems like RoT or the lack of recalling.
  • With one character per account, no trammel, no insurance it gives new players the opportunity to get hooked on UO and consider adding a subscription to make alts or have an easier gameplay experience on a regular production server.
  • Having recently attempted to start up on Siege Perilous it is clear that this shard can thrive on the origin store, soulstone tokens are practically a currency over there which would lead to increased revenue's off the UO store.
  • I seem to recall mention that Siege Perilous will probably get special house placement rules with the potential of manual refreshment being required to maintain a house. Which is honestly perfect for a free to play server.
  • On an unrelated note Treasures of Tokuno should be a year round addition to siege, so instead of players hording these items they remain in circulation.

I know many players refuse to allow their game completely become free to play, but maybe a compromise could be made. This game is seriously hurting population wise and desperately needs something positive to market on to try and draw in new and old players. Since Siege is already a unique ruleset that has more of a hardmode feeling to it, I see no better opportunity then to make this happen.

Anyways those are my thoughts hopefully not all bad :(

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
You put alot of work into this, i hope it will be read over by the devs to catch up some ides.
Well done, congrats!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) No. PS are the only thing fel has. Tram has litterally everything else. Be happy with that.
2) Meh. I don't think the desire would be that high for this kind of item. At best its probably just going to save you a property slot on some jewelry. Not against it per say, but it's no power scrolls.
3) Something like that would be cool with me, though I personally would just like them to cycle out the old ones and replace them with a whole new set of items rather than revamp them. Same with Paragon arties. As those things are pretty useless now a days.
4) See 1.
5) So long as their follower slots goes up, I'm fine with souped up common mount varieties. Thinking about ostard here especially. If you give them war horse stats they would be really overpowered.
6) No. No. NO. I am all for a f2p plan for UO, but if you are going to test it out test it out on a shard made to do so. Siege has suffered enough over the years. We don't need to add billing change guinea pigs to that list.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure send 105/110/120 to tram

But give fel 125/130/135/140

And bump cap to 735 for all account ages

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scrolls have always favored the Fel player as it was the main incentive to get players to go to fel in the first place... The dev didn't care that the big red guilds and factions reds would monopolize the spawns an make big business out of it. Now I wont say they own every spawn but a good deal of spawns are completed by them no matter who starts them.
I wont go into the whys and where for's of it lets just say it has been unfair for the mass majority of players. Will it change? no

greenwolf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol everyone bawks about how they should leave powerscroll's in fel, but see the thing is in today's day in age of uo. Even when one does get raided they don't actually finish the spawn majority of these so called PvPers will just kill you and either camp the area to attempt to kill you again, or just simply run off.

So the problem here is that its not even about the powerscrolls to theses PvPers, its about "the kill". Yet everyone says scrolls are the only thing fel has to fight over, Pvp in this game sense day one has been about roaming the lands to find someone to kill. That's fine and dandy for all those grievers out there but there is no real objective to that at all but to cause grief for another player who just wasted 45 mins working a spawn.

One may say that the objective there is to grab the scrolls from them, but in all my days doing champs everyone who jumped me after i killed the boss never was able to steal my scrolls... and everyone who killed me before i finished it never actually finished it themselves.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no real objective to pvp, like how there is in battlegrounds/fps like capture the flag for example there is a bigger objective then to just run around and kill everyone.

The way I see it everyone complains about how dead pvp is and that's cause in all honesty it is boring. No one wants to waste their time day in and day out checking spawns for someone to kill when 9 out of 10 times you wont see anyone except at fel yew gate. That's why it was never about scrolls because if it was you would see everyone at spawns rather then sitting their happy asses at fel yew gate.

You can continue to bawk but go to Atlantic and ask anyone who pvps they will tell you that its not about these petty scrolls its about "the kill". That is why powerscrolls should be allowed in tram, but then again there should be more things to do in fel then then sit at a gate or raid someone at a spawn.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol Felucca has one thing tram doesn't and look how you get out of shape about it. Tram has many things felucca doesn't but you don't see the felucca players coming here to complain about it. You know, I try to get in 2 -3 solo champs a week and never see anyone raiding me so its not near as bad as your making out

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The scrolls have always favored the Fel player as it was the main incentive to get players to go to fel in the first place... The dev didn't care that the big red guilds and factions reds would monopolize the spawns an make big business out of it. Now I wont say they own every spawn but a good deal of spawns are completed by them no matter who starts them.
I wont go into the whys and where for's of it lets just say it has been unfair for the mass majority of players. Will it change? no
It would be equally "unfair" to take the only thing worth fighting for out of fel because people don't want to risk pvp, if you ask me. Especially when every other single addition since power scrolls has been either available in tram or in tram ONLY.

Its ok if ONE thing favors fel players. People still scroll up with little difficulty.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol everyone bawks about how they should leave powerscroll's in fel, but see the thing is in today's day in age of uo. Even when one does get raided they don't actually finish the spawn majority of these so called PvPers will just kill you and either camp the area to attempt to kill you again, or just simply run off.

So the problem here is that its not even about the powerscrolls to theses PvPers, its about "the kill". Yet everyone says scrolls are the only thing fel has to fight over, Pvp in this game sense day one has been about roaming the lands to find someone to kill. That's fine and dandy for all those grievers out there but there is no real objective to that at all but to cause grief for another player who just wasted 45 mins working a spawn.

One may say that the objective there is to grab the scrolls from them, but in all my days doing champs everyone who jumped me after i killed the boss never was able to steal my scrolls... and everyone who killed me before i finished it never actually finished it themselves.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is there is no real objective to pvp, like how there is in battlegrounds/fps like capture the flag for example there is a bigger objective then to just run around and kill everyone.

The way I see it everyone complains about how dead pvp is and that's cause in all honesty it is boring. No one wants to waste their time day in and day out checking spawns for someone to kill when 9 out of 10 times you wont see anyone except at fel yew gate. That's why it was never about scrolls because if it was you would see everyone at spawns rather then sitting their happy asses at fel yew gate.

You can continue to bawk but go to Atlantic and ask anyone who pvps they will tell you that its not about these petty scrolls its about "the kill". That is why powerscrolls should be allowed in tram, but then again there should be more things to do in fel then then sit at a gate or raid someone at a spawn.
Yeah it's ok they are in it just for the kill. Though, I think many are in it for both the fun of pvp as well as the reward for doing it well. The point is there is some to fight OVER. There's a reason to fight, and a place you can regularly find fights because of it. Which I believe is the whole point.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just sitting here I have had several idea's and decided to share them with you all, I realize much of this has probably been discussed in the past and may even be considered 'beating a dead horse' I believe in all of this. So I hope the moderators allow for a discussion to take place here without letting their personal views on the subjects affect the outcome of this thread.

1. Champion Spawns should be removed from Felucca and T2A on all realms (including siege) and instead powerscrolls should be added to all of the Trammel spawns including ones in Ilshenar as well as the Primeval Lich, Abyssal Infernal, Twaulo of the Glade, Illhenir the Stained and Serado the Awakened. Also setting up a new spawn location(s) for the Harrower.
  • Felucca has had control over powerscrolls long enough, It's time to allow entire playerbase to have access to this content without the risk of being killed by another player.
  • Revitalizing the relatively unused spawns, will give players more options in what they do with their playtime. Without any major content updates in the foreseeable future it is vital that old systems be brought to the forefront and made worthwhile.
No, you don't want to take the risk, then pay those that do for the reward.
2. Obviously with the removal of champion spawns from Felucca the players need something new to fight over so what I propose is 'Skill Cap Scrolls'. These would allow the player to increase their total skill cap above the current 700/720 cap that is currently in place depending on account age. (so 745 for a 4th+ yr account)
  • These would be obtainable in the same value's as stat scrolls (5,10,15,20,25) off a boss which is summoned in a way similar to that of its predecessor the harrower himself, by collecting the keys(skulls) off his minions.
  • It has been atleast 10 years since Character's have experienced and kind of progression in this game. It is about time that we can power up our characters a little further.
Doesn't this just blow your reasoning for number 1 out of the water? You argue against allowing these types of items in Felucca, but yet you say, lets replace it with something that would be worth WAY more than a powersrcoll.
3. Doom needs an item overhaul. If you honestly look at all the gauntlet artifacts really only two of them have much use these days (ornament of the magician and armor of fortune) some have situational uses or can be playable but in reality there is better options available.
  • An example of why this needs to happen if you take the Axe of Heavens, you can imbue the exact same item for a weighted intensity of 480/500 which allows for the addition of 5 ssi. Which not only makes it easier to obtain but a better weapon from the start, and If I am not mistaken 2-handed weapon intensity cap has recently been raised even higher then 500. Making this item and many others further obsolete.
  • I propose that many of these items be replaced in the gauntlet drop system with new additions. Some of the borderline artifacts that have potential with a few tweaks should be added to a new 4 tier artifact turn in system. tier 1 would be 25 turn in's, tier 2 50, tier 3 75, tier 4 100. Each gauntlet artifact turned in would be the equivalent of one point in this system.
  • Hopefully with the recent addition of detecting duped items and blocking them from vendors this could be applied to this system to prevent duped artifacts from being cashed in for greater rewards.
  • Based on tier level the new artifact would be of a higher artifact rarity starting at 12 going up to 15 for the final tier.
  • Items like Conjurer's Garb/Trinket/Grimoire can be added as new drops to the gauntlet, along with things of like a greater rune beetle in a crystal / or a greater white wyrm. Maybe a weapon similar to the planesword that has a random max property that does not count the items final weight.
  • Also expanding on the skill cap scrolls suggested earlier I believe an item similar to the recently added Scroll of Valiant Commendation. A similar one raising stat cap by 5 should also drop from doom allowing the skill cap total to reach a maximum of 750.

Some examples of items that could be on each tier are:

Tier One: take the Axe of Heavens and make it a little stronger example tier one 15 hci/15dci/75 lightning/50 damage increase and 20 ssi. Or give the staff of the magi the Balanced property

Tier Two: Put the faction quality items like the improved Ring of the Vile/ Fey Leggings / Rune Beetle Carapace / Stormgrips along with some other legacy updated doom arties into this tier.

Tier Three: The faction version of the Spirit of the Totem / Hunters Headdress / Reading Glasses.

Tier Four: The faction Ornament / Crystalline Ring / Crimson Cincture / Inquisitors Resolution.
Doom does need some love, but I'm not sure this is the way to do it. Also faction items need to go as do factions. Bring back Order/Chaos!

4. Minor Peerless Artifacts hopefully with the addition of powerscrolls to ilshenar these would be a lot more common and again could use a turn in system maybe not to the cost extent of doom. But a way to get improved peerless artifacts by maybe just a 3 tier system for 5, 10 and 15 turn in's per level with the 3rd tier having items on par with the faction revamped Heart of the Lion.
Minor artifacts are also way too common already due to the improper drop rates at the start of ML and such. Keep PS in Fel, get your hands dirty. There is no reason a tram guild couldn't go to Fel and run a spawn and defend it.

5. Classic mounts (horse, ostards, llama, ridgeback, swamp dragon) should have their health and resistances be put on par with those of a faction warhorse. These should not remain one hit kills to an opposing player.
  • A new item for the Gauntlet should be a Fountain Of Life that instead of producing enhanced bandages, it produces a special new bandage that allows the user to resurrect their own mount with it in exactly the same fashion a faction player can res their warhorse. Basically any of the mounts listed above and including the two peerless mounts and excluding frenzied ostards.
  • Gargoyle's can fly human's and elves should atleast be able to res their favorite steed.
Go do Medusa, get her blood, turn it into a pet resurrection potion. You do not need bandages for this, this option you speak of for self rezzign pets without a tamer already exists.
6. Siege Perilous should pioneer the f2p market for Ultima Online.

• Players would still need to have purchased a valid game license to play, so the worry of scripters would be minimal due to having to pay for a new license if the one you were using got terminated.
  • Siege's ruleset already does a lot to hinder unattended macroing with skill systems like RoT or the lack of recalling.
  • With one character per account, no trammel, no insurance it gives new players the opportunity to get hooked on UO and consider adding a subscription to make alts or have an easier gameplay experience on a regular production server.
  • Having recently attempted to start up on Siege Perilous it is clear that this shard can thrive on the origin store, soulstone tokens are practically a currency over there which would lead to increased revenue's off the UO store.
  • I seem to recall mention that Siege Perilous will probably get special house placement rules with the potential of manual refreshment being required to maintain a house. Which is honestly perfect for a free to play server.
  • On an unrelated note Treasures of Tokuno should be a year round addition to siege, so instead of players hording these items they remain in circulation.

I know many players refuse to allow their game completely become free to play, but maybe a compromise could be made. This game is seriously hurting population wise and desperately needs something positive to market on to try and draw in new and old players. Since Siege is already a unique ruleset that has more of a hardmode feeling to it, I see no better opportunity then to make this happen.
They have stated MULTIPLE times FTP is not currently an option nor will it be in the future. Even if they did try to attempt a FTP shard to ships and googles, they would need to make a new shard, so that way current players didn't get screwed.

Anyways those are my thoughts hopefully not all bad :(
You tried.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would this come before or after the high res art? the changing of UO currency? the bug fixes and patches? I think any changes like this are literally a dream at the moment. It seems to take weeks/months/years to even hear about updates to things the devs had already said are coming.....!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Please and emphatic NO to #1,2,4,5 and 6.
Just the fact that you said "unused spawns" proves you and I aren't playing the same game.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those were some of the worst ideas.

You want to remove power scrolls from fel, when it's the only unique thing to fel.

You want to go over a 120 cap for skills. Do you know how hard someone would hit you with 145 eval. If you had a problem with people killing you now and taking your spawn, you would post with more horrible ideas to curb that even faster.

You want faction items from doom, but without participating in factions. Simple solution join factions.

You described how powerful war horses are, again the solution to having a pet like that would be to join factions and get that pet. Also if you want to res you pet get 40 SW and cast gift of life on your pet, or use the potions that were put in game. I'm not sure why all the pets would get a massive hp increase though? Why don't you use and armored swamp dragon? 1 slot, a good amount of hp, and high resists when armored.

The only part anyone could possibly agree with is that doom items needs to be redone/buffed. There are only a few items that are still viable today since they were created.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why didn't you make a big blue guild to fight the big red guild and come out victorious? Seems like that would have been the simple solution.
The odd part is that you described the mass majority (being blue) so numbers should be in your favor. You should follow the power in numbers expression. OR I suppose you can complain rather than get a group and have team work.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) No. PS are the only thing fel has. Tram has litterally everything else. Be happy with that.
No, you don't want to take the risk, then pay those that do for the reward.
These are both absolutely lame and ludicrous arguments.

I go to fel all the time. When I get attacked by a player I die. I never won a PvP fight (maybe I did with some luck a few times over the years, but I can't remember). Still my net gain is a lot higher in fel than in tram. And once in a while I manage to take down a spawn without someone showing up. So where exactly is my risk here? I'm not in danger of loosing anything. I get more in a shorter time, even if I die.

Second, what does fel or its community gain, when I'm there? Nothing. I'm cannonfodder. A real PvPer doesn't have any fun with me since I can't deliver a worthy fight. Maybe someone, who needs to pamper his ego feels better, but that is all I can contribute to fel.

Hoffs

Gilfane Keeper of the Hall
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember back on Siege circa 2005/6 and a certain guild ran ghost cameras almost 24/7. They had people on at all times and a spawn had something like an 80-90% chance of a raid. But still the "Trammy" guild I was in tried our luck and it made it all the sweeter when we actually succeeded.

But the ghost cams are long gone and doing a spawn is relatively easy now on Siege unless it is Despise. So I cannot believe that you can't do them easily enough on most other shards with the possible exception of Atlantic. Get your group together, get in fast, finish the spawn and get out. And even if you are raided/killed, your stuff is insured on a normal shard. What exactly have you got to lose other than a little bit of time?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These are both absolutely lame and ludicrous arguments.

I go to fel all the time. When I get attacked by a player I die. I never won a PvP fight (maybe I did with some luck a few times over the years, but I can't remember). Still my net gain is a lot higher in fel than in tram. And once in a while I manage to take down a spawn without someone showing up. So where exactly is my risk here? I'm not in danger of loosing anything. I get more in a shorter time, even if I die.

Second, what does fel or its community gain, when I'm there? Nothing. I'm cannonfodder. A real PvPer doesn't have any fun with me since I can't deliver a worthy fight. Maybe someone, who needs to pamper his ego feels better, but that is all I can contribute to fel.
There is more risk, as a player is more dangerous than a monster. The loss may not be substantial with insurance and all, but there is more risk. As for what someone gets out out of it, thats really up to them. I think the most important element of champ spawns is that they attract people, so you know where to find fights.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In most cases I do not fight back, since it is pointless anyway. So what kind of fight is this? Can you even call it fight?
Well, you are just one example. Some people DO fight back. And as I say what the player attacking you gets out of it is up to them. The point really is that there is a specific place for the people who enjoy this sort of thing to do it, and no one is forced to participate.

Last edited:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In most cases I do not fight back, since it is pointless anyway. So what kind of fight is this? Can you even call it fight?
I would PK you every time I seen you, I have met people like you before and trust me after while you will change your armor and you will try to defend yourself at some point. And you will attack me when you have few friends with you. Even the most submissive players get to point where either they don't come back or the have had enough and start to fight back.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady's and Gentlemen this thread is pointless as the Dev have no intention of ever changing this status on scrolls.
It's truly a moot point.
Ghost cams were sanctioned in most parts and the GM's let them alone..
Dev put in the sending them flying out of area spell and that was that in their book.
Look I know for a fact many of the large Fel guilds made mega gold (some of which I wouldn't doubt was duped later by some) on selling the scrolls.
Show me a harrower being done back then on any shard and I know it was raided and fiinished by one of the top raiding guilds.
The Dev unwittingly helped along the high prices those scrolls have sold for.
I don't begrudge the fel players something to do but to make it totally their enterprise?
I am sorry the Dev that made it exclusive did it wrong and I do blame them for it.
Try to examine WHY players flocked to Tram in the first place.
This would have been my question rather then gift the Fel raider guilds with the majority rule on the spawns.
Uvtha
Yes some have done the spawns and not seen a single red or been raided.. while others get to the last line of the candles and find next thing is all are dead and the raiders have the scrolls well in hand.
Fair? Well to the raiding guild its their territory.. ask them.
They have told on many a shard the spawns belong to the raider guilds not some trammy who thinks he can steal their scrolls.
Like I said it's moot. Your not gunna get it changed.
I gave up long ago on getting my own scrolls.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe someone, who needs to pamper his ego feels better, but that is all I can contribute to fel.
Not all people who kill innocent weak players are "pampering their ego's". Some are just cold blooded murderers that enjoy picking off the weak. Has nothing to do with PvP, instead is culling the sick from the heard in a sense.

Basically, (at least on prodo), people whining that they want this stuff in Tram is because they don't like to die, or spend insurance money. GET OVER IT and go to Fel for your powerscrolls.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uvtha
Yes some have done the spawns and not seen a single red or been raided.. while others get to the last line of the candles and find next thing is all are dead and the raiders have the scrolls well in hand.
They have told on many a shard the spawns belong to the raider guilds not some trammy who thinks he can steal their scrolls.
Yes it IS fair. When you go to fel you must expect that you will get raided. Sometimes you won't, but you need to be prepared for the possibility. If you want to solo, or 2 man a spawn, you have to know you are putting yourself at great risk. If you don't want to get raided find some pvpers, and make a deal with them over the spoils if they protect you. You may not always win, but your odds will greatly improve.

I for one never even tried to get my own scrolls. I can't pvp at all. I do champ spawns when the chance arises, and enjoy them, and if we get raided then we get raided and I will probably die. It's not a big deal, and I play on a shard where dying actually does have a real tangible downside.

That said I have never had any issue getting scrolls, not even when they were actually expensive. I do other things, earn gold and buy scrolls, or I have friends that are good at getting them that are willing to share.

I'm no pvper, but I feel they deserve to have as much fun as the next person. Having something to fight over not only gives you a predictable place to find action, but also a reward when you come out on top. For something to attract people it has to be valuable.
So I think the tram people should just accept that they have 99% of the game, and be satisfied, rather than demand that last 1%, especially when its super easy to get scrolls.
And I agree I HIGHLY doubt they will change this.

Last edited:

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No its not fair.
My characters were almost all born in Fel... and raised there to boot.
Felluccia was not this red domain that any blue had to shiver in their boots or run and hide.
NO person in UO has that right to say the Fel pvper has that right to claim all of the spawns. Guild or no guild. Period.

The Dev on this is dead wrong and its one of the main sticking points WHY they cant get people in fel.
You in these guilds wonder why no one comes down to fel??
Well lets list it for you:
PVP
PK"S
Thieves
Reds and "Blue" reds

Now things have changed a lot from the AoS days when fel emptied in under 3 months. But getting players to move there..... or even work...
Hell no.
I live in fel on most shards and life there is dead as a door nail unless you by accident get off at Yew gate... and then only at peek hours on some shard are you taking your life in your hands. OOOoooOOOOoooOoo

They made champ spawns in the Tram areas and they should get the same chance for scrolls. It wont stop the die hards from the Fel grounds. Not by a long shot.

The Dev will not budge on this... unless its a blue moon and the man in the moon shows his tushie !

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fiery Ice was about the last dev that i can recall that really had any influence in fel and pvp.

People need to stop crying about power scrolls in fel.

If you don't like it then don't play the game.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No its not fair.
My characters were almost all born in Fel... and raised there to boot.
Felluccia was not this red domain that any blue had to shiver in their boots or run and hide.
NO person in UO has that right to say the Fel pvper has that right to claim all of the spawns. Guild or no guild. Period.
ANYONE has a right to claim the spawns. Thats the whole point of them. If you don't like it, usurp them.

The Dev on this is dead wrong and its one of the main sticking points WHY they cant get people in fel.
You in these guilds wonder why no one comes down to fel??
Well lets list it for you:
PVP
PK"S
Thieves
Reds and "Blue" reds

Now things have changed a lot from the AoS days when fel emptied in under 3 months. But getting players to move there..... or even work...
Hell no.
I live in fel on most shards and life there is dead as a door nail unless you by accident get off at Yew gate... and then only at peek hours on some shard are you taking your life in your hands. OOOoooOOOOoooOoo
No one wonders why few come to fel. Not only do many people not have any interest in pvp related game play, there is the fact that tram is simply the path of least resistance. Its easier to get stuff in tram. Its like... why would you ever hunt in hythloth right now? Shame has better loot, so going to hyth is pointless. Why do champ spawns in fel when you can be killed and your time invested wasted when you can do it in tram and know that so long as you can kill the monsters you could sit there all day long? Why does everyone do baracoon? Because its the easiest.
Tram is full of the same opportunities (and many unique opportunities) as fel, but there is no risk of failure.

They made champ spawns in the Tram areas and they should get the same chance for scrolls. It wont stop the die hards from the Fel grounds. Not by a long shot.
By a long shot, yes it would. If there is an open champ spawn in tram with the same rewards and your goal is to get power scrolls, not to pvp, why would you go to fel? There is no reason. The only reason someone would do a fel spawn would be because the tram spawns are all already camped. Even then I think it would be rare.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lady's and Gentlemen this thread is pointless as the Dev have no intention of ever changing this status on scrolls.
It's truly a moot point.
Ghost cams were sanctioned in most parts and the GM's let them alone..
Dev put in the sending them flying out of area spell and that was that in their book.
Look I know for a fact many of the large Fel guilds made mega gold (some of which I wouldn't doubt was duped later by some) on selling the scrolls.
Show me a harrower being done back then on any shard and I know it was raided and fiinished by one of the top raiding guilds.
The Dev unwittingly helped along the high prices those scrolls have sold for.
I don't begrudge the fel players something to do but to make it totally their enterprise?
I am sorry the Dev that made it exclusive did it wrong and I do blame them for it.
Try to examine WHY players flocked to Tram in the first place.
This would have been my question rather then gift the Fel raider guilds with the majority rule on the spawns.
Uvtha
Back in September at the 15th Anniversary party in Fairfax, Virginia, one of the items Mesanna listed as being on the "Dev Wish List" was "Reworking champ spawns."

Unfortunately, the only publicly available video of that part of the party has a sound problem. This is all you get to hear if you weren't there in person when she gets into explaining that item a little further: "We want to rework all the champ spawns. What I mean by 'rework them' is this: Right now, it’s just a dance. You know exactly what you have to do, what steps you have to take. There is no changeup. There is no excitement. There’s no guesswork. It’s just there. I personally--" And that's where there is a precise 10-second gap in the audio. [Source: http://uo.ultimacodex.com/2012/10/uo-15th-anniversary-transcript-presentation/ Go to 9:41.]

I'm sure there are people who went to the party that know what Mesanna said at that point. Maybe one of them would be kind enough to tell us what else Mesanna or the devs had to say that day about "reworking champ spawns." (There was supposed to be a long developer-lead discussion later in the party, but neither EA or anyone who was at the party has ever posted any additional video, even though Kai did announce a few days later that video would be forthcoming.)

I don't want to think this was just another dangled carrot. Maybe Mesanna can give us some more details in an Ask and Answer or a Producer's Letter. Whether or not you ever do Fel champ spawns yourself, how they work and what they provide to those who do is something that directly or indirectly affects almost every player in the game to some extent at some point.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tina what Mesanna and the Dev do need to know is players are not bored with them... they are just sick and tired of the raids by those who reap all the rewards of hard work at the last second... Tell me you don't feel like that after putting in all that time in working a project and have someone else claim all the glory of it...
It's as if the Dev supported the evil of the game for what ever reasons... and the average player can go punt.
It didn't matter to them that 75% of us didn't pvp ... or that the games economy was being driven by the scrolls back then.
I would not be at all surprised that the gold made by those scroll sales was what ultimately was duped.
I have been in a feluccian guild that did champs, we were big enough in force that the raiding was kept at a minimum.
We had plenty of highly skilled Reds of our own to keep the riff raff out.
It also helped that it was an Australian shard too.
Many Americans didn't have good ping to play.
That was way back when we had a lot of players.
If she wants to do something to make it more popular make the areas sealed to only those in party for the spawn can get in the area... change it up for skills and thinking things out is needed.. like puzzles in the mix. And for heavens sake don't alienate the Trammel players!
People left Fel for a reason respect that and learn to make it fun for all not just the dev's pets who tear up fel.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it IS ok to alienate fel players. :/

Making instances for these spawns is the same thing as putting them in tram.
Would annoy the hell out of the PKers who want someone else to do most of the work for them and be beaten up easy targets wouldn't it. What!! no big Reward for little Risk?!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He is right the FEl pvp pk'rs don't take much risk they reap all the rewards though
If that is the case, it is the fault of the spawners. As a spawner it is your duty to be protected or to risk the loss.

I want to capitalize yet again that champ spawns are the only, the single activity FOR fel players. It's ok if raiders are the "home team" so to speak. They have nothing else.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PvP and PKing involves little risk? Perhaps I have been misunderstanding what PvP and PKing is all about...
The Risk comes from fighting difficult opponents. Something champ battle worn non-PvP Trammel players really don't qualify as due to normal playstyle and their temperment.

PvPers have a serious pair and fight challenging opponents. PKer's don't and target easy targets. You PKers should stop insulting the real PvPers by calling yourselves PvPers.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Risk comes from fighting difficult opponents. Something champ battle worn non-PvP Trammel players really don't qualify as due to normal playstyle and their temperment.

PvPers have a serious pair and fight challenging opponents. PKer's don't and target easy targets. You PKers should stop insulting the real PvPers by calling yourselves PvPers.
You PKer's...? Sorry, but I don't represent all Pkers, or anyone else other than myself and my experiences...

And my experiences with most PKers is that they do in fact fight challenging opponents. You can't exactly go red and survive in Fel now days by PKing only "trammel" players and ignoring the PvPers. That is not to say that ALL PKers actually fight challenging opponents, but some do. Point being, you can't pigeonhole people into one category...

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read this thread like so many others like it, and pretty much just bite my lip on the subject of getting Power Scrolls to Tram. But one thing that I've seen here and other threads is:

.....The tram people should just accept that they have 99% of the game.
What exactly constitutes the 99% of the game that Trammel has that Fel does not? o_O

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read this thread like so many others like it, and pretty much just bite my lip on the subject of getting Power Scrolls to Tram. But one thing that I've seen here and other threads is:

What exactly constitutes the 99% of the game that Trammel has that Fel does not? o_O
Doom (and the rest of malas), Ilsh, Ter Mur and SA/Underground (excluding the 2 champ spawns which people are trying to take away in this thread) Despise, Tukuno and all of the Peerless.... I'm sure im forgetting some stuff, but basically everything post powerscrolls is tram only content.

The two champ spawns with SA, and the inclusion of pirates in fel are the only fel additions since champ spawns.

Maybe 99% was hyperbolous, but you get my point.

And since SoTs became available in tram power scrolls are the only thing you can only get in fel.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point really is that there is a specific place for the people who enjoy this sort of thing to do it, and no one is forced to participate.
If you don't have the money, but still want to scroll up, you are forced. There is no other way to obtain scrolls.

I would PK you every time I seen you, I have met people like you before and trust me after while you will change your armor and you will try to defend yourself at some point. And you will attack me when you have few friends with you. Even the most submissive players get to point where either they don't come back or the have had enough and start to fight back.
I never said I stand still and let myself kill. Usually I try to get away and about 50% of all attacks I manage to escape.
As I said before, the net gain is usually higher. So there is no point in not coming back (except for spawns, since a spawn already brought to level 3 or 4 usually gets finished by the one who drove me away (or killed me)).
And quite often it's a zerg anyway, so it's no point in fighting back. Thus escape is the only choice...

GET OVER IT and go to Fel for your powerscrolls.
There is nothing to get over it. As I wrote before, I do spawns in fel. And once in a while I'm lucky and I'm able to finish a spawn without PK interruption.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't have the money, but still want to scroll up, you are forced. There is no other way to obtain scrolls.
But you don't HAVE to have those scrolls to play. If you don't have the gold to buy them yourself (which is a dubious supposition imo) then you could join a guild who does spawns, and gets scrolls for their members. I have personally been given dozens of scrolls by friends. I have yet to meet someone unable to get scrolled.

AND you technically can get 5's in tram, so you CAN get 1000 of them and bind them together. :p

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My bad, I thought you could get them from the spawn in both facets.
If I recall you can get a power scroll. I know I have recieved them once in a while at the Ilsh rat spawn and the dragon spawn in Tokuno. Unless it was a bug and never reported but I didn't get them all the time.

Last edited:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the OP.

Good ideas but you know number 1 will not happen because Feluccan's residents would rather have a prostate exam done by a leper who walks away with 9 fingers before letting them go to any tram facet rules.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I recall you can get a power scroll. I know I have recieved them once in a while at the Ilsh rat spawn and the dragon spawn in Tokuno. Unless it was a bug and never reported but I didn't get them all the time.
Yeah, I thought you could get them. I can't say first hand.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Would annoy the hell out of the PKers who want someone else to do most of the work for them and be beaten up easy targets wouldn't it. What!! no big Reward for little Risk?!

This can be dealt with. You can have friends using PvP-dedicated characters to defend, and even the appearance of an even fight can discourage raiders.

On the other hand, in Trammel I can do nothing about jerks who wait around, then jump in only when the champ has appeared. If the Navrey cave had a Fel rule set, there wouldn't be this nonsense of someone letting others tanking Navrey, counting on a few arrows to get looting rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.