• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[UO Herald] Publish 76 comes to TC1

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are the publish notes for publish 76 comming to TC1. Enjoy!
Publish 76.0.0

Gardening System

• Vanilla has been added to the Gardening System
  • Vanilla seeds can be found on Exodus mobs inside Exodus Dungeon
  • Vanilla plants will produce vanilla and additional vanilla seeds
  • Vanilla plants cannot be crosspollinated with other plants
  • It is possible to get mutant colored vanilla plants using conventional gardening techniques
Covetous Dungeon Revamp

Level One – Still a great place to farm feathers but added a few suprises.
Level Two – Contains the Void Pool
  • Covetous Level 2 represents a new style of PvM for Ultima Online. Instead of farming monsters for treasure, the players’ task is to defend the Void Pool from Cora’s minions. Cora will invade the dungeon with endless waves of monsters. Each wave is tougher than the last. The monsters do not drop loot, and instead players score points for making kills or assisting in making kills.
Level Three – Cora and her Minions
  • When she was denied advanced knowledge of mana by the Codex of Infinite Wisdom, the sorceress Cora became enraged. In her pique, she poured all of her enormous energy into a magical spell and focused it onto the Codex. Despite the sheer power of the Codex, she wrested a few pages from its binding.
  • The magical blast also bored a hole through the Void Between Places, anchored by a section of stone from the Codex’s podium. Cora and the pages from the Codex were pushed through the hole in space.
  • The far end of the hole erupted into the middle of Dungeon Covetous. Injured, and with her own ability to channel mana damaged, Cora retreated deeper into the dungeon. Over time, she recovered, and now sends minions enhanced by magic to attempt to capture more pages of knowledge from within the Void Pool.
  • Use of travel spells near the Void Pool in Covetous is impossible because of the twist in space, so Cora must gate her minions into the dungeon from a distance.

Void Pool Points

Once you have gained enough void pool points visit Vela the Sorceress in Minoc, outside the Old Miners Supply building.

New Artifacts found in Covetous

Armor

• Savage Chieftain’s Headdress
    • Intelligence Bonus 8
    • Mana Regeneration 2
    • Reflect Physical Damage 15%
    • Lower Mana Cost 10%
    • Physical Resist 10%
    • Fire Resist 9%
    • Poison Resist 10%
    • Energy Resist 25%
  • Crown of Insight
    • Intelligence Bonus 8
    • Mana Increase 15
    • Mana Regeneration 2
    • Defense Chance Increase 5%
    • Lower Mana Cost 8%
    • Physical Resist 9%
    • Fire Resist 3%
    • Cold Resist 6%
    • Poison Resist 3%
    • Energy Resist 17%
  • Headdress of Evil
    • Hit Point Regeneration 2
    • Stamina Regeneration 3
    • Damage Increase 25%
    • Physical Resist 18%
    • Fire Resist 3%
    • Cold Resist 7%
    • Poison Resist 17%
    • Energy Resist 6%
  • Hephaestus
    • Self Repair 5
    • Defense Chance Increase 15%
    • Faster Casting 1
    • Lower Mana Cost 8%
    • Physical Resist 15%
    • Fire Resist 1%
  • Inferno Tunic
    • Self Repair 5
    • Night Sight
    • Physical Resist 24%
    • Fire Resist 34%
    • Cold Resist 4%
    • Poison Resist 1%
    • Energy Resist 2%
    • mage Armor
  • Bracelet of Protection
    • Hit Point Increase 5
    • Hit Point Regeneration 10
  • Champion’s Breastplate
    • Hit Point Increase 10
    • Hit Chance Increase 5%
    • Physical Resist 35%
    • Fire Resist 3%
    • Cold Resist 2%
    • Poison Resist 3%
    • Energy Resist 5%
    • Lower Requirements 10%
  • Queen’s Gloves
    • Strength Bonus 8
    • Hit Point Increase 5
    • Stamina Regeneration 1
    • Luck 140
    • Damage Increase 20%
    • Physical Resist 18%
    • Fire Resist 3%
    • Cold Resist 1%
    • Poison Resist 20%
    • Energy Resist 3%
  • Void Walk
    • Durability +100%
    • Stamina Increase 8
    • Stamina Regeneration 3
    • Hit Chance Increase 20%
    • Physical Resist 8%
    • Fire Resist 4%
    • Cold Resist 4%
    • Poison Resist 36%
    • Energy Resist 2%
Weapons

• Blight of the Tundra
    • Hit Dispel 50%
    • Stamina Regeneration 10
    • Swing Speed Increase 30%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Cold Resist 15%
    • Cold Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 15-19
    • Weapon Speed 4.25s
  • Mace of the Fanatic
    • Hit Stamina Leech 50%
    • Swing Speed Increase 75%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 14-16
    • Weapon Speed 3.5s
  • Plaguebringer
    • Hit Poison Area 100%
    • Dexterity Bonus 5
    • Hit Chance Increase 15%
    • Swing Speed Increase 20%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 12-13
    • Weapon Speed 2.5s
  • Thundrous Roar
    • Hit Lightning 50%
    • Defense Chance Increase 15%
    • Faster Casting 1
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 15-17
    • Weapon Speed 3.25s
    • Two Handed Weapon
  • Fayaxion’s Bane
    • Dragon Slayer
    • Luck 140
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Fire Resist 20%
    • Use Best Weapon Skill
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 17-18
    • Weapon Speed 4.5s
  • Reptile’s Kiss
    • Random Slayer
    • Hit Poison Area 100%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Poison Resist 15%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 10-12
    • Weapon Speed 2s
  • Breathless Sickle
    • Hit Life Leech 100%
    • Hit Harm 40%
    • Spell Damage Increase 15%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 13-15
    • Weapon Speed 3s
  • Bedlam’s Mortar
    • Hit Lighting 40%
    • Hit Lower Defense 50%
    • Strength Bonus 10
    • Damage Increase 75%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 16-17
    • Weapon Speed 4s

Decay Point Change

• Factions, Virtue, and City Loyality points will not decay if you log in daily anytime after maintenance.
  • Except to the rule is faction points will decay if they are over a hundred regardless if you log in or not.
Pirates and Merchants in Tokuno

• We have added Pirates and Merchant ships to Tokuno waters

Bug Fixes

• Certain peculiar seeds will no longer be unidentified when removing them from a seed box
  • The Alchemist in Ter Mur should now sell glass blowing tools
  • The crystal portal will take the speaker to the Ilshenar Gypsy Bank when the words “Ilshenar Mint” are spoken
  • Hail Storm can no longer be cast thru walls
  • Hail Storm will now have diminishiung returns like the other area effect spells in the game
  • All Bard Mastery Party abilities are now subject to a beneficial action check
  • The Crystal Lotus question has been fixed
  • Display cases can now be dyed with the furniture dye tub when in deed form
  • Plant pigments that are the same hue will automatically stack in your backpack
  • The 10th Anniversary Sculputure can now be turned with the deco tool without any issues
  • Faction points that were not scaled correctly have been addressed

Classic client 7.0.25

Classic Client Patcher Update.

• Cliloc Changes

Enhanced Client 4.0.25

• Cliloc Changes

Continue reading...

O

Old Man of UO

Looks like nice changes to Covetous... good time to head to TC!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was the massively cripling bug fixed in the EC yet? You know, the one that causes it to store information till its nearly bursting and very little of it continues to function? Its the bug you introduced with the Pub 75 patch. We're waiting...

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I like the sound of the new PvM model. Sounds fresh, intriguing.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any update on the issue with Multiple Summoned creatures and releasing them? I know Pinco made a post in the thread a while back but haven't heard anything recent about it. Kind of thought it would be implemented in Pub 76.

Solution to releasing multiple pets/SUMMONS (summon fey) at ONCE WITHOUT requiring magery! | Stratics Forums

I've also found out that it's not that the pets don't always listen... Sometimes they also get summoend with the same name as one you already have, so you have to repeat the name and release command twice... Could we just get an update on the all release command for summons that Pinco is working on?

O

Old Man of UO

Lol at marginally improved doom arties.

Not one of those is decent enough for use.
The Headdress of Evil and Crown of Insight might make nice additions to the right suit. I also think Doom arties should get a marginal bump, but not to be similar to these.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love this patch tons of new fun things it looks like. Also they fixed the faction point decay it looks like which should help those on smaller shards.

B

Bishop Cats

what the heck is the point in re-introducing these useless doom arties....all they did is change the name. if anything.. these "new" items just make uo more of a joke. MAKE NEW ARTIES. STOP RENAMING THEM AND CALLING IT NEW!!!!!!!! and on top of that, now there is even less incentive to go to doom if i can just go to cove and get the same, slightly better, copies of arties. may as well get rid of doom while they are at it. its cool that covetous got revamped, but the item idea is just ********.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what the heck is the point in re-introducing these useless doom arties....all they did is change the name. if anything.. these "new" items just make uo more of a joke. MAKE NEW ARTIES. STOP RENAMING THEM AND CALLING IT NEW!!!!!!!! and on top of that, now there is even less incentive to go to doom if i can just go to cove and get the same, slightly better, copies of arties. may as well get rid of doom while they are at it. its cool that covetous got revamped, but the item idea is just ********.
They are eventually going to get around to revamping doom too they are just starting at the begining again.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Allow me to provide the translation for the patch notes:

Publish 76.0.0

Gardening System

• We looked in our spice cabinet and realized we needed more Vanilla
  • This system should keep stay at home moms busy instead of bank sitting all day
Covetous Dungeon Revamp

Level One – Added some minor new content but really not much here.
Level Two – Contains the Void Pool
  • Covetous Level 2 represents a new style of PvM for Ultima Online. Instead of farming monsters for treasure, the players’ task is to defend the Void Pool from Cora’s minions. This is our way of truely adding a grind to monster hunting. You can thank us later when your eyes glass over with boredom and you face plant into your keyboard. UO : Building Worlds!
  • Level Three – Cora and her Minions

• Some useless info from a story line no one is paying attention to
  • You cannot recall/sacred journey in/out from here

Void Pool Points

Once you have cleaned the drool off your keyboard and arisen from the monotony of killing 10,000 rehued creatures, visit Vela the Sorceress in Minoc, outside the Old Miners Supply building where you can choose from some fancy deco items or artifacts with Reflect Physical Damage.

New Artifacts found in Covetous

Armor

• [[ List of Armor Items 75% unusable because they include reflect physical damage which is even more annoying than having Luck -100 on them. This will essentially nerf them to worthlessness before they are ever even used. Ha Ha - we tricked YOU citizens of Sosaria. We roxxor joo!]]

Weapons

• [ List of generally unusable weapons except for this one that will likely allow a player to swing at max speed with 10 Dex and a stamina suit/pot.
  • Mace of the Fanatic
    • Hit Stamina Leech 50%
    • Swing Speed Increase 75%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 14-16
    • Weapon Speed 3.5s
  • Breathless Sickle
    • Hit Life Leech 100%
    • Hit Harm 40%
    • Spell Damage Increase 15%
    • Damage Increase 50%
    • Physical Damage 100%
    • Weapon Damage 13-15
    • Weapon Speed 3s
    • HA HA UO Faithful- got you on that one too! We made a SDI 15 weapon with no spell channel!! We crack ourselves UP!!
Decay Point Change

• If you suck at factions, just log in every day to keep from losing your uphill battle.
  • If you built up alot of faction points - jokes on you, they will still decay like wildfire.
Pirates and Merchants in Tokuno

• We have added Pirates and Merchant ships to Tokuno waters so stop all the non-stop complaining you 2 pirate hunters of UO!

Bug Fixes

• BLah blah - fixes for gardening that 6 people on dial up connections care about
  • The Alchemist in Ter Mur should now sell glass blowing tools because holy crap do you players buy alot of glass blowing tools!
  • The crystal portal will take the speaker to the Ilshenar Gypsy Bank when the words “Ilshenar Mint” are spoken - sorry we missed that 7 publishes ago
  • Hail Storm now sucks
  • All Bard Mastery Party abilities are now subject to a beneficial action check becuase bards were ruining PvP
  • The Crystal Lotus question has been fixed - if anyone knows what this means you get a free ethy scorpion.
  • Display cases can now be dyed with the furniture dye tub when in deed form - house decorators and stay at home moms rejoice!
  • The 10th Anniversary Sculputure can now be turned with the deco tool without any issues - again - stay at home moms rejoice! Put on your best matching robe/cloak and dance at Luna bank!

Additional Unwritten Notes
    • We were clearly too lazy to fix any of the community collections or other grinds in the game. Thanks for the great read though on the forums! You sure do keep us laughing.
    • While we fixed the decay for town loyalty, its still a royal pain in the butt to gain it up through an insane grind. Thanks for working at Ultima Online! Remember to fund your own 401k because we don't have a pension plan here nor do we pay you for your work.

• Massive flip of the finger to you crafters - bet you thought we'd find it in our hearts to fix the runic tool bug we created last publish where you only get 20% DI on runic made weapons. Sorry but we didn't even freaking notice, nor does anyone read the boards so maybe in 5 more years we can fix it back to the way it is supposed to work. In the meantime - don't craft anything with runics - just use them to reforge.
Lastly, please keep paying your subs so we can work on revamping another dungeon that people will ignore while major gameplay issues exist from the last publish! This helps us show growth in the game - even if its only with growth of number of bugs reported.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ver Lor Reg looks pretty much like Exodus Dungeon now on atlas map.
Change is always a good thing, but It's a shame to see lovely places in UO go away, I just hope whatever replaces it isn't like the Magincia replacement.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Seriously people... The patch looks good.. the changes to dungeon are looking awesome! I really need to get my ass on and make a usable char!!

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seriously people... The patch looks good.. the changes to dungeon are looking awesome! I really need to get my ass on and make a usable char!!
Good idea there buddy. Whats taken you so long.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good idea there buddy. Whats taken you so long.
I am lazy and busy making other things to do with Ultima :)

I have started a Bard on Atlantic I just need to train it and spend some gold... Although I wont be against playing on any other shard if anyone wants to be my sponsor (in a personal trainer sort of way)

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
god what rubbish artis, all they seem to have done is got the old ones renamed them and tweaked them a bit, 90% of those artis are pointless...

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am lazy and busy making other things to do with Ultima :)

I have started a Bard on Atlantic I just need to train it and spend some gold... Although I wont be against playing on any other shard if anyone wants to be my sponsor (in a personal trainer sort of way)
If you come to chesy ICQ or PM me. I love helping noobs :D. Also for Theo they did remove a ton of the grinding associated with the virtues and town loyality. Thats a good start while there are still things it takes time to work things out. This is a good start to showing that they heard us and are doing something about it.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the effort but really.... The idea and concept of an "artifact" should be something that is better than anything craft-able. Looking at that list they just renamed half the current artifacts and added 1-2 properties that still make the item useless. If you REALLY want to entice people to partake in this new system then introduce items that are better than stuff you can imbue/reforge.

Looking at the items i'd rather spend 10 mins making an item 100% better than those listed than spend hours doing the spawn.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • The Crystal Lotus question has been fixed - if anyone knows what this means you get a free ethy scorpion.
The Crystal Lotus question is part of the third installment of the Ter Mur-based Echoes of the Past questline, Ritual. It is a Simon-esque repeat the color pattern game (on an island north of the continent ) you have to play to get a 'Pristine Crystal Lotus' to turn in to get the Tur Mur snowglobe and part of Zhah's book.

The simon game was broken two or three publishes ago, thus breaking the quest - not that the quest makes a hell of a lot of sense anymore since Scelestus was killed off.

I'll take my free ethy scorpion now. :p

Another Lamer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously im just not excited by this.

Doom artis were amazing in 2003. Considering what you can now craft the progress that has been made on adjusted doom arties in 9 years is very very poor.

Hephaestus looks like it could be interesting (depending what it is...patching up to find out).

Overall verdict.......rubbish

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Was the massively cripling bug fixed in the EC yet? You know, the one that causes it to store information till its nearly bursting and very little of it continues to function? Its the bug you introduced with the Pub 75 patch. We're waiting...
I know I am... I'm sick and tired of my health bars not updating properly.... not knowing or having any clue how low the monster I'm fighting's health is till it falls down dead... getting a bit old people.

Oh and I agree 100% about the crappy arties with Reflect Physical.... first off anyone who's anyone doesn't do physical damage.... they consecrate weapon... and more often than not physical is NOT your lowest resist... and hey joke is on us because if you note they give physical reflect...... but then give 15 to 25 physical resist.... HELLO! Like you want to have high resist since even most monsters don't do physical damage and seem to use consecrate weapon as well so they hit with some other sort of damage... so totally USELESS stuff and don't we have most this stuff anyway??????

*sighs* I don't want more artifacts I am not going to use.... Unless they are worth massive turn in points who cares?

And say are we not due for new colored pigments?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do appreciate the non-decay for the virtues if you log in daily. I just hope they didn't make up for it by accelerating the decay rate that applies if you don't log in.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I do appreciate the non-decay for the virtues if you log in daily. I just hope they didn't make up for it by accelerating the decay rate that applies if you don't log in.
I would but I can only log in 6 days a week. So I guess I'm penalized...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I'd much rather they just eliminated decay altogether, but I have a feeling someone on the team is too fixated on it to get rid of it completely. We're clearly being sent the message that UO is not just a game, IT'S A JOB.

A

archite666

Seriously im just not excited by this.

Doom artis were amazing in 2003. Considering what you can now craft the progress that has been made on adjusted doom arties in 9 years is very very poor.

Hephaestus looks like it could be interesting (depending what it is...patching up to find out).

Overall verdict.......rubbish
Nope, Hephaestus is Aegis with FC1. I thought it would be amazing too, until I realised its a shield.

A

archite666

I found this out because they literally took each doom arties and added 1 property. I just looked for what item matched the rest of the stats besides FC1, Aegis.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't get why you would add MORE items to the game. You took all the doom artifacts, gave them a new name, and added one property. Why not just add one property to all the current doom artifacts? makes no sense... smh

wonder which of those is medable/non medable... the redone lightning axe seems nice... so does the redone helm of insight if its non-medable...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, maybe decay a bit for one day, instead of every day. Is that not better? It's a step in the right direction and you never know, they may get rid of it later on.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Half assed new artifacts kind of sucks when it is that obvious that they are just doom arties with adding\modifying random properties without putting any thought behind it.

Can we get someone that actually plays the game to do new artifacts?

Hail Storm nerf is another great Pvp Tweak that break PvM fun. Big Booo on this change

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sadly a vast majority of the Doom Arties are garbage. I mean really who uses that Dragon Slayer Lance?????? Anyone?

And the Aegis shield?????

Never.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The non-decay is a much desired change; I wonder if "logging in" is character or account based? Either way, it takes some of the horror out of the town loyalty grind, and makes me wonder if they've done the number crunching and seen just how off putting it was to those who had stopped taking part?

The virtue decay I assume will still occur from using the skills though (namely Honor)?

As someone who doesn't use melee characters for high end PvM (because I hate all the min/maxing that goes with it) I don't have an opinion on the artefacts, but I'd be interested to see what the rewards for the new dungeon revamp actually are; I must admit the others have left me cold, as they didn't really change much of the game experience, so it sounds like they are trying to make them appealing in a more traditional way too? Also Corgul's summoning mechanism is in there, I wonder if it's been moved?

I hope the 10th Anniversary statue at least allows you to pick the thing up now too; mine's been stuck to the floor for months.

And the changes to Ver Lor Reg and the Crystal Portal need keeping a close eye on; access to Ver is of course how you do Part 3 of the Awakening...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the effort but really.... The idea and concept of an "artifact" should be something that is better than anything craft-able. Looking at that list they just renamed half the current artifacts and added 1-2 properties that still make the item useless. If you REALLY want to entice people to partake in this new system then introduce items that are better than stuff you can imbue/reforge.

Looking at the items i'd rather spend 10 mins making an item 100% better than those listed than spend hours doing the spawn.
Instead they should just add the ability to enhance the artifacts or reforge them with an increased risk of breaking them.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're trying to spice up the new dungeons and can't exactly add uber gear that beats all the current gear each time they redo a new dungeon. You start running into problems.

It seems to be a cycle, once they tweak gear in one spot it makes gear in another system like crafting obsolete so they keep having to tweak it over and over.

Why not introduce a new pet to the dungeon, or introduce something like the harbringer into a dungeon that drops the same conjurers robe with and without luck so you don't have to drop 20-40m on one. Or even a slither or something, that would drive prices down on existing items.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They're trying to spice up the new dungeons and can't exactly add uber gear that beats all the current gear each time they redo a new dungeon. You start running into problems.

It seems to be a cycle, once they tweak gear in one spot it makes gear in another system like crafting obsolete so they keep having keep tweaking it over and over.
I agree. If they started adding uber gear all the time people would complain its killing the crafting system, making it useless. It's good for those who don't rely on crafted gear or the newer players. People tend to forget not everyone who plays has access to all the powerful stuff the more veteran players can get on a whim. This gear is still a hell of a lot better than that junk that use to be in every dungeon.
Although I must add that it would be cool if they added maybe a few very rare uber gear, something that isn't easy to get.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice arties for people that like to collect pixels, but unfortunately useless otherwise.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As someone who doesn't use melee characters for high end PvM (because I hate all the min/maxing that goes with it) I don't have an opinion on the artefacts, but I'd be interested to see what the rewards for the new dungeon revamp actually are; I must admit the others have left me cold, as they didn't really change much of the game experience, so it sounds like they are trying to make them appealing in a more traditional way too? Also Corgul's summoning mechanism is in there, I wonder if it's been moved?
I've only been to Wrong one time so far since it was updated. I just couldn't get enthused about going there after I realized you can't recall into it. I guess that aspect of it perhaps cuts down on farming by "bots" (maybe). However, if I'm playing at a time of the day when I might get interrupted, the no recall aspect of Wrong and all of the Fel dungeons and Fel T2A usually makes me cross them off the list of places I might want to visit right then. I'm not asking for this change to apply to the Fel dungeons or Fel T2A, but for the Trammel dungeons with "no recall" (Wrong and apparently now Covetous), I wonder if the devs would consider adding some one-way teleporters to let you quickly leave the dungeon (kind of like in Wind), alive or dead. Maybe it would make those dungeons a bit more appealing for people who have less time to play.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMHO:
- The covetous revamp is a good idea, finally there is an endless champion to fight :thumbsup: .
- The new artifacts are just a copy of the worst doom arties, I don't see nothing interesting... :thumbdown:
- The points decay is unfair because not everyone can login daily, would be more fair once a week instead... :thumbdown:
- Even if EC seems now clearing the cache correctly, there still a problem that prevents to get the right items mods by script (you can't get the data updated). :thumbdown:

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the majority of the players think that the new artifacts are useless and not interested with them at all, maybe the Devs should change it before the publish comes to the production shards.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
- The points decay is unfair because not everyone can login daily, would be more fair once a week instead...
It is an improvement over it decaying regardless if you logged in or not.

People are complaining too much, the fix is a decent one. If they made it a week decay someone would say it isnt fair, it should be a month.

It's like they handed someone 5 bucks and the person complained it was in 1 dollar bills and not a 5.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to know why we are trying to appeal to people who play little. Isn't the idea to try to get them to play more?

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
anyone checked to see if they are imbuable or reforgeable?
the hailstorm nerf isnt cool for pvm

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mace of the Fanatic
Swing Speed Increase 75%
Breathless Sickle
Spell Damage Increase 15%
HA HA UO Faithful- got you on that one too! We made a SDI 15 weapon with no spell channel!! We crack ourselves UP!!
dragkiris also pointed out that the current SSI cap is 60%, so a weapon with 75% SSI is strange.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to know why we are trying to appeal to people who play little. Isn't the idea to try to get them to play more?
There's two ways to do that, though. One way is to offer rewards/incentives for logging in, and the other is to punish if you don't. Which do you think most people prefer?

:)