• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 17 - The new beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iddqd

well as long as youre aware that in being a stealth tamer youre really only technically involved in pvp. there are a bunch of isp's now, i suggest you look into a faster conn - iinet has some pretty nice deals.

good luck

W

Warlord III

I admit it, SSO are the best field fighter / PvP out there...

Come on Ron's when are you going to join Ash to SSO????

I find it hilerious that you guys allow people like Ash and E|W tag along in field fights when you are fighting. If you really have the BALLS like you say you do, you would kill them on sight too..
HOnestly not all SSO lol
just Rons + cookie ->:hahaha:
Without them , they just using blue teamed up with ASh , Oyeah , Mac ,ToCers /MDKer to fight OMG.

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:hahaha: thats true... But i would included PET in with the Rons and cookie..

But i find it sad that the Rons said they don't need anyone, but when they get the chance they ally themselves with E|W and ash...

W

Warlord III

But i find it sad that the Rons said they don't need anyone, but when they get the chance they ally themselves with E|W and ash...
LOL ... do u trust what ever they say?Thats Rons ^^

P

Paradox_

Every chance we get?

They just join in to gank the easy newbies. Thats you btw.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't attack ASH simply because hes impossible to kill. Hes not going to attack us and he stand little chance to kill one of us in your mass newbie ganks.

As for E/W or whatever they are called, lol. They attack us just as much as they attack you. They are simply vultures and will join in on a gank. They will never attack me unless im being ganked, and I won't bother attacking them when they are sitting next to a guardzone because it will end in a guard whack (90% of my deaths). When we clean up the trash, ie OMG gank squad the vultures fly out for a quick hope in a kill shot and then will either die to SSO or flee to GZ with there tales between their legs. While OMG will mostly die or run into a house.

Dal is 100% correct, we have became this good simply because we fight and do not cower. A lot of Ex OPK are in OMG, they are the dreg members we couldn't stand, and were recruited along the long life of the guild. These guys now do exactly what TC did - cower on blues when they don't have numbers/or house hide. Infact our despise spawns will be scouted many times, yet never crashed. It shows you the mentality of most oceanian players - "don't try unless you are almost certain of a victory - i.e numbers". All long term members remain in SSO except for gobble, however hes terrible at pvp (i could say why but it will result in another banning).

Goodluck meatshields, but I doubt you will improve. Reflexes, logically thinking, and practice all come into play with field fighting. Multitasking is essential, and well DUH WOO WOO WOOF I dont think 90% of the people have it, nor understand what I mean.

I

iddqd

some other advice i would offer the experienced pvp'ers that arent quite there with cookie and rons and pet etc would be to forget about duelling to improve. duelling helps with reflexes a little bit, and anticipation, but its much more about developing a combo and redo-ing that combo until it works (though i havent played since tacts change came in) - and this isnt particularly helpful for field fighting. being good in the field requires a great deal of situational awareness - watching not only what your enemies are casting, what templates are where and who is doing what, but also the health of your teammates - a single well-placed heal can completely turn a battle.

the rons were never big fans of him, but i always liked having brandubh with me as he knew his relative place on the pvp food chain, so to speak, but he ALWAYS healed his teammates first and ALWAYS ressed people before anything else - he may not have been particularly awesome at pvp, but he was good in that having him with me made me feel more confident and willing to take more risks because i could rely upon him for help.

the rons are tough to kill, but if you have 3 more more people over your opposition and you are reasonably experienced you have all you need to take out anyone - no matter how good they are, if you co-ordinate properly. you dont even need dmounters or pets to do your job for you.

thats all im gonna tell though.

P

Paradox_

some other advice i would offer the experienced pvp'ers that arent quite there with cookie and rons and pet etc would be to forget about duelling to improve. duelling helps with reflexes a little bit, and anticipation, but its much more about developing a combo and redo-ing that combo until it works (though i havent played since tacts change came in) - and this isnt particularly helpful for field fighting. being good in the field requires a great deal of situational awareness - watching not only what your enemies are casting, what templates are where and who is doing what, but also the health of your teammates - a single well-placed heal can completely turn a battle.

the rons were never big fans of him, but i always liked having brandubh with me as he knew his relative place on the pvp food chain, so to speak, but he ALWAYS healed his teammates first and ALWAYS ressed people before anything else - he may not have been particularly awesome at pvp, but he was good in that having him with me made me feel more confident and willing to take more risks because i could rely upon him for help.

the rons are tough to kill, but if you have 3 more more people over your opposition and you are reasonably experienced you have all you need to take out anyone - no matter how good they are, if you co-ordinate properly. you dont even need dmounters or pets to do your job for you.

thats all im gonna tell though.
Put it this way. We had 4 members (Think it was 2x Rons, Me and Drac) vs at least 10 others all vs us. They got us split up and they killed us.

We came back, then stuck together and absolutely destroyed them.

Teamwork is something they just dont have. Especially Elwood. He gets targetted and bolts even when he has healers. He never sticks around to heal his team mates.

Teamwork can make up for individual lack of skill a huge amount.

P

Pumpen

We don't attack ASH simply because hes impossible to kill. Hes not going to attack us and he stand little chance to kill one of us in your mass newbie ganks.
Honestly, what a load of crap. Ash is hard to kill 1v1 sure because of his 'speed' but he dies easily to a timely gank. I've seen both SSO and OMG drop him pretty quick when they want to. However, SSO have not attacked him for some time now and he doesn't attack them. SSO have also ressed him a few times and healed him in the field as well. I have also seen on a few occasions now ash get killed at bmg and within 30 seconds SSO turn up to help him. No, there is a relationship there definitely, why don't you just admit it? We all know that ash just wants to run with whoever is strongest because he can't pvp and he is really only just there to loot corpses. SSO is the strongest I will admit, but I find it strange that they talk about having standards and not allowing sub standard players into their guild yet they have paradox and now ash as well. Just allow him to turn his guild tag on and be done with it. You might as well add macryius and elita while you are at it, they are of the same standard as paradox and ash.

In regards to all the stuff with the trammies, I think that anyone who spends their time griefing them at their events, spends time to make clones of their characters, trolls their forums and begs mods to share their rl details are really the biggest trammies of them all. I could not think of anything more boring, if they want to be pirates and have tea parties etc then let them. I honestly couldn't give a rats arse what they do, I think it's laughable that you would even waste your own time to do these things. Is your daily life that mundane that this is how you get your kicks? I'm not sticking up for them in any way either, I have no time for them myself but I don't lose a seconds sleep that they are around and do what they do, I just don't interact with them, simple.

P

Pumpen

Teamwork can make up for individual lack of skill a huge amount.
In your case you will never truely know how bad you are because you never log on without the back up of your main guild members.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ASH is the only one we don't attack. We kill elite ya azz and his brother all the time. They are even easier than most of your guild.

How about your MDK/TOC alliance? was about 10 of you ganking 4 of us last night. You guys didn't attack each other once. It was funny when we came back (4) and saw 5 OMG, you all ran trying to get into the house, some couldn't and you all fled, split up, and died 1 by 1. Real great teamwork/panic.

OMG are the biggest house hiding reds. Actually I wouldn't classify you as reds, your "accidential reds". House hiding won't improve you one bit. You guys rely on it so much. You get delt some damage - RUN TO HOUSE. Also when you start X healing its even funnier. Your entire guild goes in "heal mode" and don't cast one offensive spell, you just RUN!. We simply switch and kill a healer instantly as you slow ******* are fixated on healing the initial target (my point of multitasking is evident here).

As for using a tamer - It was Wez and my Bro. Wez is new to UO and cannot survive a gank hence he died. I came in to help my bro, however I logged into my tamer to Check Terra Sanct as it was a rat spawn and I was watching it. It would have taken 5 mins to time out, by which time Ron would have been dead. So I came on my tamer and Bolaed you all. You all died except Quick who was very lucky I might add. Pets never own us that much, espicially when we OUTNUMBER. Learn to x heal/invis *******.

Wez and Paradox are not general SSO standards, however Wez is Cookie's IRL bro and hasn't played UO since pre AOS. He will improve, and of course an SSO irl friend or brother is allowed in..... Paradox is one of my rl friends, hence hes in. Paradox still kills some of you 1on1, he killed Sneaky, lol.

As for standards, look at your guild - your best hide in a house with more numbers, lol. The remaining dregs run from GZ to house, house to GZ. Hi Hard Yakka and Jedi!

P

Pumpen

Ash is the only one we don't attack.
No that's right, you don't, and he never attacks SSO... But you also heal him at times and res him when he dies. And it is more than just a coincidence that lately when he dies SSO show up before you can say "I love South Australia". I just wonder why you can't admit that he is either in the guild or there is a field alliance there. Ok, so paradox and wez are in SSO because they are a friend or brother of a long time guild member but where does ash fit in? You didn't answer this in your reply...

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RONS you crack me up... Has Ash passed the TEST... you know what i mean...

Will we see him in SSO... In the Ron's We don't need anyone Guild but us guild...

F

FoUrTy

Pain ‎(4:54 AM):
when u urself can challenge somebody i will pay attention to ur ramblings
bigsexy ‎(4:54 AM):
i challenge u
pfft
now
im at wrong roof
bigsexy ‎(4:56 AM):
u are no were to be seen after that lil **** talk u dont even sho for a duel wow
bigsexy ‎(4:58 AM):
im waiting
bigsexy ‎(5:00 AM):
lamerz
Pain ‎(5:03 AM):
oi my pc is a complete peice of **** is lagged to crap am waiting for it to move on from the char selection screen has now crashed lol
but i am happy
to duel u
tonight
as soon as i can get back on
bigsexy ‎(5:04 AM):
the end this is a lame toc no doubt
Pain ‎(5:04 AM):
as for the lamerz well u can trash talk all u like
means *** all
bigsexy ‎(5:04 AM):
k
u will get ur duel til then
Pain ‎(5:05 AM):
i reboot and come
Pain ‎(5:05 AM):
i icq u when i rdy
bigsexy ‎(5:14 AM):
wow ....
bigsexy ‎(5:14 AM):
10 minutes later
bigsexy ‎(5:20 AM):
WTF....
15 minutes later ...
his comp must be crap no ?
Pain ‎(5:23 AM):
oh its crap alright
Pain ‎(5:23 AM):
but back now
Pain ‎(5:24 AM):
used to run ok til installed 61 updates now is slow as ****
Pain ‎(5:25 AM):
so
shall we
i have no rune to roof can meet u bottom
Pain ‎(5:28 AM):
no?
bigsexy ‎(5:31 AM):
roxxered what no comment ok blocked u newb ...

C

Coreyy

fourty you have too be the biggest joke, seriously grow some balls and play an american shard. i know pretty much everyone else would want too leave oceania if they culd ping good elsewhere

F

FoUrTy

fourty you have too be the biggest joke, seriously grow some balls and play an american shard. i know pretty much everyone else would want too leave oceania if they culd ping good elsewhere
Aye ok let me know when i can have my 3 suits u owe from them duels ... u play a nox dis arm dexxer with parry and i still kill u ur sad ...

V

vikingbod

I admit it, SSO are the best field fighter / PvP out there... ..
If thats true the why are tramies killing them all the time??

firstly who says I or anyone has to listen to you???

Secondly who says we do not pvp? I was in fel just the other night ask SSO they all died after threatening me. Just because we do not hang with your crowd does not mean we do not do something.
hmmmmmmm

I

iddqd

"If thats true the why are tramies killing them all the time??"

seriously. i dont even play anymore, but ess tee eff you, noob.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If thats true the why are tramies killing them all the time??
A greater dragon is not killing them, its just lame. Shows no skill at all, just a all kill macro and a bola. So as Dal said... STFU

Melon and Run?/Toc or whoever you are now I hope you read this..

I

iddqd

"A greater dragon is not killing them, its just lame."

even that gives it too much creedence. its one kill to 50 deaths and even then its not them doing the killing but yet another poorly thought-out utterly unbalanced pet, and even then its probably 3 or 4 of said pet and even then its still a lucky kill.

that somehow gets translated to 'all the time'.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"A greater dragon is not killing them, its just lame."

even that gives it too much creedence. its one kill to 50 deaths and even then its not them doing the killing but yet another poorly thought-out utterly unbalanced pet, and even then its probably 3 or 4 of said pet and even then its still a lucky kill.

that somehow gets translated to 'all the time'.
Lucky is correct. Lastnight i had Melon and PMS dismount me sick the greater on me and also had PMS shooting me with his godlike bow. Honestly Lame!!

EDIT: FYI, His xbow is Hit Lightning 48% HLD. With Concuss and the lightning his you can say bye to half ur life.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Such an ironic statement. You use to be in a meatshield guild with them Clog. Infact you guys use to call us lame when it was 3 SSO on blues vs 8 of your reds - all on ARCHERS!! Dismounting and instant killing us.

You still use a gimp archer a lot Clog, as with Elwood whos 80% on archer. The only time you sorry excuses for mages get a kill is on those archers. Chasing me down 2 vs 1 with running hits is the only way dregs such as yourself kill me. Hitting so quick, and not missing that my only option is to hope you lag or hit a tree.

I must say Clog, your one of the easiest mages to kill. I put elwood etc in terrible category, your 1 below them. Your almost on par with Corey. However at least you "semi" fight unlike most of your bolting, potting, server running guild. Elwood just runs to the serverline 1on1 and continues to do so until his attacker gives up and laughs. Que thinks hes great, however gets bloody owned if he doesnt bolt off with pots - proved this point in every non potting situation. I'll just run like him and pot if im low now, can't sratch me like that - and its LAME!

Dal Fourty is an american newbie. He is from a USA shard and plays oceania. He thinks hes gods gift to pvp and no 1 can take him 1on1. Hes a crappy 0 resist stealth archer who is lagged as crap. Just another ignorant american who cannot understand that his temp takes 0 skill and dies 1on1 in 5 seconds.

I

iddqd

its not lame as much as it is boring.

i mean if youre pinging 200+ and the game is essentially a series of freeze-frames, then you really dont have much choice, if youre wanting to engage in pvp.

however using a pet isnt really pvp, and there isnt really any satisfaction from watching a pet use its - in the case of the rune beetle at least - vastly overpowered abilities to get you a 'kill': essentially instant fc/fcr (meaning amongst other things they cast without stopping), mega hp and mp, good resistances, huge melee damage, special wep attacks like bleed and dp (DP!) (not to mention the rune beetle attack that lowers resistances dramtically), as well as movement that is faster than a char on foot.)

an effective stealth tamer can be made in 15 mins and requires absulotely nothing other than a bola and an 'all kill' macro to be effective at getting a kill. however its more like pve - overpowered pets have been added by the dev team to give trams a chance.

however like all aids, all it does is make the people that use them more reliant on overpowered help and more useless at developing skills/knowledge to help them survive and get better at the game - and this doesnt mean being able to cast spells quick or have a 300m gp suit or have a ping of <10, it means being able to make GOOD decisions QUICKLY, rather than make the usual tram mistake of displaying the curious tram behaviour of 'panic circles'.

I

iddqd

"Dal Fourty is an american newbie. He is from a USA shard and plays oceania."

hahahahaha. sorry cook!

one of the things i love is some yank guild deciding that they can come here and 'own' us, then after getting destroyed in a single fight, they give up and go home.

i mean, why even bother - whats the point of turning up on 15 tamers because youre too lagged to do anything else to try and 'own' a shard?

ps yanks are terrible - corn played on GL for a while recently, and got his guild to dominate the times of the day they were on within weeks.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Such an ironic statement. You use to be in a meatshield guild with them Clog. Infact you guys use to call us lame when it was 3 SSO on blues vs 8 of your reds - all on ARCHERS!! Dismounting and instant killing us.
Why I Left... Cannot learn from dismount ganks..

You still use a gimp archer a lot Clog, as with Elwood whos 80% on archer. The only time you sorry excuses for mages get a kill is on those archers. Chasing me down 2 vs 1 with running hits is the only way dregs such as yourself kill me. Hitting so quick, and not missing that my only option is to hope you lag or hit a tree.
I've been on him a little more lately cause my computer is starting to **** it self probably. Everytime i get in a high graphic intensity fight(is it possible in uo?) I start to lag.

I must say Clog, your one of the easiest mages to kill. I put elwood etc in terrible category, your 1 below them. Your almost on par with Corey.
Not that I care, I dont pride myself on being "awesome" at a computer game, I have a life outside of uo, hence why you will barely ever see me online on a weekend. And also the only time Corey has killed me was being dismounted by Macryuis and getting moving shot spammed, or getting Mass Fs'd by him High Risk and Ash, which they still had hard time doing so.

I

iddqd

unless your pc is a pentium 2, you shouldnt be gettign issues with graphics. its more likely that youve got some sort of connection issue, or you might be running too many things in the background. i find ICQ eats a lot of ram, if youre using that.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unless your pc is a pentium 2, you shouldnt be gettign issues with graphics. its more likely that youve got some sort of connection issue, or you might be running too many things in the background. i find ICQ eats a lot of ram, if youre using that.
My comp is a 2.4 AMD athlon, graphics itself isnt a problem, I am only running 700 odd ram atm. I blew up a 1gig not long ago. Though my bro playing WoW in the next room dont help the matter either

F

FoUrTy

ROFL on foot no aids he was mounted what a newb might as well join EOB

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't call you a no lifer... Most pvpers arn't, its the trammies that are - for the obvious reason they play this game for companionship. I think online tea parties and fairy role playing among "adults" indicates this. There are a couple of OMG that join in on this/chat up the houseys, but i'll leave this as my post will be deleted. YOU KNOW WHO U R.

Simply because i'm great doesn't mean im on 24/7... I'm barely on weekends at night as im out doing other stuff. Sunday I'm usually on all day, and sometimes during saturday day. I'm aware of some no lifer 4am spawners in OMG but I also won't get into it - FYI your not one of them Clog.

Dal i'll be moving to LA towards the end of next year. I'll be playing Atlantic when I go there as its the biggest shard. Both Rons will be there, so we will see how "crap" the americans are. I plan on starting my own guild there, and keep it with only a few quality players. Atlantic rounds up over 30 people a night doing despise (1 guild). Should be great fun slaughtering cattle over and over from lv1. I assume i'll need a reg suit because of PVPets/dismount situations. They camp despise bridge with necros and 10+ greater dragons, lol.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on telstra broadband with 40 ping. I've been "freezing" out for a second or two a lot lately. Its not my comp as I only just got it in April.

Also does anyone else freeze out from someone going in and out of doggy(animal form). Freezes me badley.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didn't call you a no lifer... Most pvpers arn't, its the trammies that are - for the obvious reason they play this game for companionship. I think online tea parties and fairy role playing among "adults" indicates this. There are a couple of OMG that join in on this/chat up the houseys, but i'll leave this as my post will be deleted. YOU KNOW WHO U R.
My post wasnt meant to come across the way it did, i apoligise for that.

Simply because i'm great doesn't mean im on 24/7... I'm barely on weekends at night as im out doing other stuff. Sunday I'm usually on all day, and sometimes during saturday day. I'm aware of some no lifer 4am spawners in OMG but I also won't get into it - FYI your not one of them Clog.
Aye, never said you were, your great cause you have been playing alot longer then me. I've played since 2000 but on a trammy dexer, mind u i was 12 when i first started playing, so i had no idea what i was doing. Ive only started playing mage since 06 maybe, but it dont explain my ****ness(i admit it :p)

I'm on telstra broadband with 40 ping. I've been "freezing" out for a second or two a lot lately. Its not my comp as I only just got it in April.

Also does anyone else freeze out from someone going in and out of doggy(animal form). Freezes me badley.
Yea, i am on Iprimus 1500kbs pining 45 and im lagging lately, alot more with ninjas going in and out dog form. Mind you Iprimus sends me to brisbane and back before i hit oceania server, which is strange, since im in newcastle and brisbane is the opposite direction :(

K

Katlene

ive got a question for you tramhater.
What in your opinion is the best type of template for a pvp char.

I

iddqd

"There are a couple of OMG that join in on this/chat up the houseys, but i'll leave this as my post will be deleted. YOU KNOW WHO U R."

i lol'd.

"I assume i'll need a reg suit because of PVPets/dismount situations. They camp despise bridge with necros and 10+ greater dragons, lol. "

be careful on the bridges - all corn used to to was put down two boxes behind him with a dp mage casting pois fields all over the bridge and a couple of necros in wraith form standing next to him. he's just stand there and spam HL while the necros spammed wither. US shards have the pop to do that sort of thing on both bridges.

aside from that, you and your bro have owned more than enough noobs at yew gate on test server to have a good idea of what youre in for.

I

iddqd

best overall template has been the scribe mage. tacts changes have meant that youd need to shift the skills around a bit, but its still the most versatile and effective template. its harder to learn to use - i used to use almost my entire keyboard for macros, and used most of them regularly - but when youre able to use it well you can effectively take on any other template.

its also the most fun to use. (though i did become quite partial to my necro/nox/ninja/chiv template for quite a while)

I

iddqd

110mage 120ei 100resist 120wep skill (probably macing to use war axe - and get a ubws war fork with hci) 100scribe 90tac 80med (or 100tac and 70med) = 720 skill points.

with applicably leet jewels with +skills on them you can add to preferable mage up to 120 then med then tac.

that would be what i would do

K

Katlene

ok i think i missed a memo somewhere how the hell does scribing help with pvp?

P

Paradox_

I actually rate Clog - he is one of the only OMG that heals his teammates even if he himself is low. Even though he is rubbish he actually tries and stays to fight. Pity his teammates dont return the favour. They just run to server line and run through it to get away.

I find it hugely hilarious when Fourty tells us to stop using a dismount archer (who was a blue non guilded magical que who was attacking us till we got outnumbered then went for the biggest guild) - WHEN HES ON A DISMOUNT ARCHER.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
scribe = 10% SDI bonus, and its an addition to the 15% cap on items for PvP

So 25% sdi.

Hence the best template.

You guys are going to love (hate) what 1 of the Rons is about to do to his template. However its your own fault for being such house hiders.

Waley the best template is scribe (overall). However trams should start as dexers and learn that way. Mages are complicated, and killing a crap mage is like stepping on ants. Play an archer, or dexer and learn what spells hurt you, how much damage they do, when to run etc. Also learn to multitask and learn what people are doing and casting around you. I also remember everyones templates and their weaknesses, although this is a tad advanced for most.

If you bother to fight - which I doubt. Start off we fighting OMG and TOC they are crap and at least you won't be synced by us and die in 2 seconds. No point fighting the best when your as skilled as a todler playing with a computer for the first time. A big problem for trammies is they only fight PVM which is simple and requires 0 thought. It rotts their minds, and they become so tramified its impossible to revert out. Also they hate death because fighting mr balron 10000000x times over means they rarley die and can't stand it.

Trammel = simple, repititive, and CRAP! Just a place for lonlies to pass time and maybe find a rl partner, lol

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually rate Clog - he is one of the only OMG that heals his teammates even if he himself is low. Even though he is rubbish he actually tries and stays to fight. Pity his teammates dont return the favour. They just run to server line and run through it to get away.
Thanks Paradox.. Though I know im rubbish, so I'd rather keep someone else with more skill in the fight then myself..

Maybe a better suit will improve my chances in a fight slightly, but only maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.