• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 17 - The new beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet again more people acusing me of hacking.... As for "speed" I think you should take a look at Dain, he has great "speed" when he was on his red last night. No surprise from Dain, hes an utter coward and will do anything to avoid a death. Most of the time that avoidance is "log out".

More foolish newbies last night from MDK were claiming we had to "cheat/hack" in order to survive there newbie ganks of around 8 to 10 people. I had no deaths, ron 2 had 1 death, drac had a couple. Pretty pathetic. I assume these MDKers on their mages were the "doggy crew" and have nfi how to play a mage, and can't understand how someone is better than their crappy mage.

Que was pretty funny last night. He was dismounted in gz and then died to PARADOX 1vs1, lol. YOU RULE QUE! He then cried and cried to 1vs1, of which me and my brother swifty dropped him in a matter of 30 seconds each time. Your terrible Que. Go practice more at wrong roof for your "1vs1". What I find really pathetic is you guys leave PvP battles to 1vs1 each other on wrong, trying to improve. FYI we don't duel at all, or practice. CRAPPY OMG. However at least the ex dreg OPK don't come out with this hacking nonsense.

Warlord go to www.icaa.org.au

I think you will find I have a tax module exam on tuesday, i've been off work studying since wednesday. After realising how much the unemployed oceanian community spawned throughout the day I put stealthers at the t2a rat spawns while I was studying. Thankyou for the 4 spawns - 3 of which were OMG. 120 ei was very nice dragod. Don't worry soon enough you can go back to all day spawning.

W

Warlord III

Again more people who think they hack... you guys can't accept the fact that they are better?
woops .. yes , you are better ^^
but i got gilligan 1 vs 1 last night , i was so excited with it. Coz i am slower than all the SSO but i dropped a DP warrior @@ which they love to run and bandies.

W

Warlord III

The Most funniest things was i had 1 vs 1 unempoly morri weeks ago at despise. I had been putted a poison field on bridge , he was standing on it next to me which he can still casted FS while i spamming harm at the time.

that whats i had never meet in game before unless he got protection on.
I dead within 5 secs by EXP+FS + multi harm.
I do admit they are good field fighter at all , but what's the problem while we training pvp at wrong?

A

Amathist of PoC

THE ONLY PVP SSO can get ......truly sad

how bored and how lame are they that they can not entertain themselves in fel for one evening so they plot together to try and wreck some trammie fun........SAD AND LAME.

SSO boats covered cove harbor - this screen shot does not show all

My form of PVP against griefers - call a GM - boats gone

So quick every other PVPer out there go take the spawns and go laugh yourself silly at there lameness because they are TRAMMIE try hards not pvpers add this to the smack down at brit moongate the other night and it shows how truly pathetic SSO are as a pvp guild.....elite ...haha my 2 year old is more bad arse then them.

thanks Nox, basehead and draconious for the show of your intelligence and lameness, I am sure your captain is proud.

S

Sunrise

I really wish they would put cannons on a boat....Now that would be fun! :D

Boom Boom...Ugh U sank my battleship :D

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jokes on you, the GM is in strife who did it now and don't be surprised tomorrow morning.

Word is its gonna be real laggy with a chance of 100 ships.

K

Katlene

Gee if you and your 'friends' are as sad to do that. it wont be to hard to go somewhere else seriously. n i bet youll be all we can go where ever you do attitude kicks in now.
Remember what you said to me, basically dont stick your nose where it doesnt concern... choke on your own words buddy.
And how on earth would you know the ins and outs of gms
what was on those ships was breaking the T&C of the game. the removal of the ships was the right thing to do. so whoever told you the gm is in strife is just blowing gas.

A

Amathist of PoC

Poor poor fact still upset I booted him from a trammie event its truly sad you want so badly to be a trammie and play in our little games, yet don't want to be seen as uncool so instead you carry on like a twit.

So sad your life is so boring you comment how lame we are for what we find joy in all I can say is look in the mirror.

Is anyone else scared of the PVP gods wanting to be trammie griefers seriously I can page on your all day long so be my guest. You wont wreck our fun we will just work around you its NOT THAT HARD.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,
Thank you for letting us know about this situation.
We are concerned and want to know about instances like this.
We very much appreciate that you took the time to make us aware of this GMs actions in game and we will be reviewing it with them internally. We always expect our GMs to behave within game rules, and with a professionalism that you deserve.
We may not discuss the internal process we will conduct, but I can assure you that we will make the adjustments required to assure future interactions are carried out per our policy.

K

Katlene

Congratulations, you were given the standard responce when reporting on a GM.
GO do some pvp or whatever it is your soooooooooooooo good at
:coco:

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations, you were given the standard responce when reporting on a GM.
GO do some pvp or whatever it is your soooooooooooooo good at
:coco:
According to Amathist I'm pvping right now.

S

siyeng0

The fact that Oceania is made up entirely of people who take themselves direly seriously and twelve-year-old boys* is possibly the reason why PvPers and roleplayers will never get along.

Do you not realise how you're acting? Certainly, I'm as annoyed as you are when PvP trash-talk starts flying in threads where it technically has no place, but this particular thread is for PvP. It's not a place to talk about roleplaying. It's not a place to get all haughty** and superior about others' play-style and how it impacts upon yours. If you have an issue with a particular player, send them a private message; if the problem is with a group of players, make a thread to discuss that. Do you know what dragging your grievances up over and over again in here will do? It will get you mocked. Two thirds of the people on this board have nothing to do with the roleplaying community - they dislike it on principle; sometimes I feel like I can't blame them - and they have little idea what you're talking about; all that they see is somebody getting very worked up about a terribly small thing*** and spewing accusations like an American who's just been excreted upon in a public place and wants to sue somebody for it. You are making yourself an irresistable target.

At the same time, I understand fully how frustrating it is when roleplaying events and posts are constantly raided and belittled by the PvPers. However, I would just like to point out that trolls thrive on reaction; people consistently overreact on this shard, due to either having no sense of humour or being twelve, creating huge hysterical scenes that even I find hilarious.

In an ideal world, we could make an agreement that unless one really wants to try out the play-style of the other, PvPers and RPers will leave each other well alone. Unfortunately, this can't happen due to the personalities of the people involved, and so this ridiculous "feud" will continue until attitudes are seriously changed. And I am speaking about people on both sides of the fence here.

tl;dr: srsly guyz dont troll

*Luckily, I don't think we have anybody who takes twelve-year-old boys direly seriously. But you would never know, would you?
** I originally typoed that as "naughty." Don't do that either. Although it would be fun.
*** Not John Howard.

free is not three

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Amathis you've got owned.

As for the gm deleting our boats... that's ridiculous this is not a live event, and they were placed 24 hours before your tram crap even started. I hope the gm gets in trouble as he deserves. Maybe i should kick up a tram fuss at every boat i see that i dislike?

Even so the boats still served their purporse - u got totally fired up and raged. Mission accomplished.

As the trammel with the asian name above said, you have no sense of humor. Your a dull human being. If your event is so fun, how come 5 people rocked up, and it was even announced on FoF. Obviously these ridiculous events are held for 'power', it's so funny you don't even allow your guild members to talk.

BTW nice lag LOL, looks like your 5 tram event is ruined

K

Katlene

Its not just the fact that the boats were there it was what was there as the ships name.
Just a shame that i didnt get to see them. I would of taken lots of pictures to add to 'my file'

free is not three

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done OMG, again u show us how without a massive gank u won't fight.

6 of u were at despise, i crash solo, of course u dismount ganked me, but it took u long enough to kill me while dismounted (0 team work nubs).

THEN my bro logs in, so there is 2 of us, you guys refused to do despise again - no surprise wouldn't want pvp! And then 5 of u either house hid, gz hugged or recalled vs 2 of us.... U even g-wacked 1 of us at one stage, but u still got owned - cept que who decided it was safer to stealth in dog form on a blue, and hard yakka who decided to recall out.

And well done for friday night. Woah what a slaughtering, it's amazing how OMG's force just keeps getting bigger and bigger... i guess when ToC used to get more kills than you, recruitment is the only option.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i just had a blast. Went to fire fel all by myself and killed SSO 6 times! Didnt even get a scratch myself. Was so fun. Even had one of you guys (i presume the Rons) saying wtf haker! haha! Just cos i have some fully trained pets doesnt mean im a hacker in any way. :loser:

Next time ill do it in my sleep :sleep2:

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i just had a blast. Went to fire fel all by myself and killed SSO 6 times! Didnt even get a scratch myself. Was so fun. Even had one of you guys (i presume the Rons) saying wtf haker! haha! Just cos i have some fully trained pets doesnt mean im a hacker in any way. :loser:

Fail troll is fail.

I

iddqd

when was the last time a massive 4-5 hour fight for a harrower happened?

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when was the last time a massive 4-5 hour fight for a harrower happened?
Never, they don't crash our harrowers because when we do them we usually have Drac, Myself, 2 rons and cookie i.e they cannot win.

I'm playing till I get WAR anyway.

I

iddqd

reading this, seems to me that there doesnt seem to have been a decent fight since tc gave up and left.

even then, by 'decent' i mean of course still crap, but at least youd get a fight for a couple hours a day, even though you'd have to essentially 'fight' the guards as well.

A

Amathist of PoC

Well i just had a blast. Went to fire fel all by myself and killed SSO 6 times! Didn't even get a scratch myself. Was so fun. Even had one of you guys (i presume the Rons) saying wtf haker! haha! Just cos i have some fully trained pets doesnt mean im a hacker in any way. :loser:

well done JAHIRA hit them a few times for me...but of cause they will scream your template is not pvp but MEH to them your in fel you killed them thats player v's player. GOOD JOB.

I just wish I had of seen what killed them all the other night god it was funny - "your going to die" attack - then they are dead and I am alive it was so hilarious. The three stooges couldn't have done it better.

Now to all the other try hard trolls and griefers - you came you tried you failed our event went on and we had fun, yes you slowed it down but you did not stop it and again the GMS saw through your stupidity.

And you just showed how lame your pvp play style really is because you could not find something better to do with your day them to try and be a trammie try hard those which you scorn and despise........SAD should be your new guild abbreviation not SSO or maybe SOS lol.

I

iddqd

haha owning the shard with 5. used to need at least 8 for that back before i left...

i just dont see why people dont fight. back when i was new, av, jinman, rei etc had 4/6fc and if the current noobs think pvp is tough now, you shoulda tried fighting v someone with 4fc with no sdi cap - 25 point lightning that cast as fast as magic arrow.

here's a tip: only way you get better is by dying a lot and learning how to NOT die. the best way to do that is to fight. also, you get better by playing vs the best, and in rons, cookie, pet and drac you have the best this shard has seen (cept for dal of course...).

GET OUT THERE AND FIGHT. dont use guards unless youre being ganked and try learning something other than - dismount 'all attack'. it might take a while and youll die a lot and lose some gold, but you'll get better and then youll start having fights that go for hours and youll find yourself experiencing one of the most fun things in mmorpgs - UO pvp.

A

Amathist of PoC

hehe see your wrong poor child to be so bored must be horrid - there were 4 competing but far more on the docks just watching and others out at sea being check points.

But its okay you tried you failed it happens don't take it too hard.

S

siyeng0

I feel that I am not being listened to. This is intimidating and distressing, so I'll contribute to all the ****.

Non-PvPers. This is not your thread. If you are going to persist in coming in here, spouting off inane, faux-witty chatter in which you try so very hard to make it sound like the PvPers' behaviour doesn't bother you that it becomes entirely clear that every scathing post they leave fills you with inutterable rage and sadness, and criticising their play-style... I believe that you surrender the right to act like you are being persecuted when they troll your posts.

Do you enjoy being trolled? Honestly, do you enjoy it? Your reaction to every lame little snipe they make is so ridiculously over-the-top, and your refusal to listen to sense so adamant, that I sometimes feel that I'm surrounded by people whose main source of enjoyment is trolling and being trolled. In short, I've somehow wandered under a bridge.

It is common courtesy to do as you would be done by. This board is blessed with an unusually high number of illiterate trolls, but I assure you that if you were to simply keep to yourself and, if you dislike PvP, avoid the temptation to come in here and make snippy, snarky little posts that kick the concept of irony in the groin and then make it eat its own mother, they would eventually give up and leave you alone.

Like I said, perhaps you like it. However, your outraged responses to having your threads raided assure me that you don't. Protecting oneself against trolls is very simple: stop giving them ammunition. For the good of the community, I will continue to repeat myself until somebody listens - I want the PvP/RP divide to be actually bridged, but you are not helping.*

tl;dr: srsly guyz stop trolling PLZ cant we all jsut b frends.

*Obligatory footnote.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
siyeng0, you are too smart to be posting here. Please stop.

hehe see your wrong poor child to be so bored must be horrid - there were 4 competing but far more on the docks just watching and others out at sea being check points.
How many were not PoC? 0.

Face it, your event was a total, utter failure...

tramhater

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dal there are fights. However OMG (a lot of Ex Kov and dreg OPK + randoms) don't like to fight away from a gz or house unless they have large numbers. Even so they will outnumber and house hide. They often spawn, however will only do T2A spawns so we don't find it. Despise is done by them in the early hours of the morning or during the day. ASAP we crash one, they don't come back. Infact they can only hold a spawn if 1 SSO is online.

Friday night was Ronx2, Drac, and Ash (who we didn't attack).

About 10+ newbies including OMG were hiding in gz, only to be ripped apart ASAP they formed any sort of attack. OMG were on reds prior to this. They had about 6 blue newbies attacking them. 2 SSO came, they all died or went into the house, then swifty logged on blues or logged out. It shows you the attitudes of the other pvp guilds in oceania. Effectively they are as cowardly as TC were. Yet again our victories are blamed on "programs" not skill, simply because they cannot explain how we win "outnumbered". Deaths for me are rare, and generally involve archers dismounting or instant killing. OMG mages are terrible.

If you come back Dal your always welcome in the "true OPK" which is now SSO. We generally rally 5 to 6 people a night for pvp. PvP generally at its prime from 9pm onwards. Sundays are usually dead.

A

Amathist of PoC

I feel that I am not being listened to. This is intimidating and distressing, so I'll contribute to all the ****.

Non-PvPers. This is not your thread. If you are going to persist in coming in here, spouting off inane, faux-witty chatter in which you try so very hard to make it sound like the PvPers' behaviour doesn't bother you that it becomes entirely clear that every scathing post they leave fills you with inutterable rage and sadness, and criticising their play-style... I believe that you surrender the right to act like you are being persecuted when they troll your posts.

Do you enjoy being trolled? Honestly, do you enjoy it? Your reaction to every lame little snipe they make is so ridiculously over-the-top, and your refusal to listen to sense so adamant, that I sometimes feel that I'm surrounded by people whose main source of enjoyment is trolling and being trolled. In short, I've somehow wandered under a bridge.

It is common courtesy to do as you would be done by. This board is blessed with an unusually high number of illiterate trolls, but I assure you that if you were to simply keep to yourself and, if you dislike PvP, avoid the temptation to come in here and make snippy, snarky little posts that kick the concept of irony in the groin and then make it eat its own mother, they would eventually give up and leave you alone.

Like I said, perhaps you like it. However, your outraged responses to having your threads raided assure me that you don't. Protecting oneself against trolls is very simple: stop giving them ammunition. For the good of the community, I will continue to repeat myself until somebody listens - I want the PvP/RP divide to be actually bridged, but you are not helping.*

tl;dr: srsly guyz stop trolling PLZ cant we all jsut b frends.

*Obligatory footnote.
firstly who says I or anyone has to listen to you???

Secondly who says we do not pvp? I was in fel just the other night ask SSO they all died after threatening me. Just because we do not hang with your crowd does not mean we do not do something.

Fact is you dont know what me or my guild do and I have just as much right to post here as you do especially when it is concerning PVPERS and the state of PVP.

Also not once did I ever say I did not like pvp I have shown interest in it many times, factions also - I have commented I hate the attitude of some but that is entirely different.

So again unless you know what your talking about and can 100% for certain tell me what my guild does and does not do who are you to tell me where I can post.

I

iddqd

nice comment. while it is a nice idea to try to 'bridge the rp/pvp divide', as you put it, its unfortunately not really possible. to blow my own horn once more, i and cornelius almost managed it back in the day with sdk when we managed to get all the tram guilds together for a meeting to discuss banding our noob forces together to have a crack at 'taking back fel' from opk and tc/gan. however, many of the trams got offended by the spell spam letters above my head as i typed out the plan (i hadnt figured out to put caps lock on and to type with little finger on shift) - and this GRIEVOUS error offended their rp sensibilities so horribly that they were so emotionally scarred by a few letters that they had to leave in tears and our plan in tatters.

while i was to blame for my egregious error, the fact that they couldnt even persevere with some extraneous letters a few minutes would indicate that when we inevitably lost our first fight theyd have dropped out just as quickly, instead of sticking to the plan.

that, and there is the simple fact the the mentality of rp'er and pvpers and their respective approaches to game play are vastly different and never the twain shall meet.

Fact.

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
firstly who says I or anyone has to listen to you???

Fact is you dont know what me or my guild do and I have just as much right to post here as you do especially when it is concerning PVPERS and the state of PVP.
Except for the fact that they are/were in your guild.

S

siyeng0

Thankyou for the response, iddqd. Attempts to create events for both PvPers and RPers tend to be explosive on this shard. I don't think that they're impossible, but they do take a lot of work.

However, what I would like would be if PvP and RP were mutually respected play-styles. UO is a game. It's meant to be fun. Some people enjoy PvP; some people enjoy roleplaying. Personally, I don't enjoy PvPing, simply because I find fighting any sort of enemy to be boring and think that roleplay is more fun. At the same time, some people - most of them, I think, on Oceania - prefer PvP to roleplaying, because unlike me, they think fighting is more enjoyable than pretending to be a fictional character. The thing is that these hobbies are both equally ridiculous (really, they are rather ridiculous if you stop to think about it) ways of having fun. One is not better than the other. They're both perfectly acceptable ways of playing the game, and I don't believe that any player should criticise another's play-style just because it's not what that player likes doing.

This goes both ways. The griefers are at fault, but so are the people who react obnoxiously to those griefers and perpetuate the cycle. Creating a community or event where everyone PvPs and roleplays, like you mentioned in your comment, may well be impossible, as the two groups will remain segregated due to wildly different interests; creating a community where everybody is civil to each other is not.

That's just my opinion, though. I am starting to feel like an outspoken minority would rather ruin things for both groups just for the sake of getting the last word than really contribute to making the shard genuinely fun to play in.

tl;dr: Y HALLO THAR

P

Paradox_

Thankyou for the response, iddqd. Attempts to create events for both PvPers and RPers tend to be explosive on this shard. I don't think that they're impossible, but they do take a lot of work.

However, what I would like would be if PvP and RP were mutually respected play-styles. UO is a game. It's meant to be fun. Some people enjoy PvP; some people enjoy roleplaying. Personally, I don't enjoy PvPing, simply because I find fighting any sort of enemy to be boring and think that roleplay is more fun. At the same time, some people - most of them, I think, on Oceania - prefer PvP to roleplaying, because unlike me, they think fighting is more enjoyable than pretending to be a fictional character. The thing is that these hobbies are both equally ridiculous (really, they are rather ridiculous if you stop to think about it) ways of having fun. One is not better than the other. They're both perfectly acceptable ways of playing the game, and I don't believe that any player should criticise another's play-style just because it's not what that player likes doing.

This goes both ways. The griefers are at fault, but so are the people who react obnoxiously to those griefers and perpetuate the cycle. Creating a community or event where everyone PvPs and roleplays, like you mentioned in your comment, may well be impossible, as the two groups will remain segregated due to wildly different interests; creating a community where everybody is civil to each other is not.

That's just my opinion, though. I am starting to feel like an outspoken minority would rather ruin things for both groups just for the sake of getting the last word than really contribute to making the shard genuinely fun to play in.

tl;dr: Y HALLO THAR
PvP and RP have worked fine in the past. The VKR wars mixed both (i was actually a member of VKR for a time) to great success.

The problem is the majority of 'RPers' are 'Pirates' who reside in Trammel and dont do any pirating, and when we tell them this, they get defensive and chuck their toys out the pram and have a cry.

I

iddqd

while roleplay has never been my bag, what i can do is explain the appeal of pvp:

the sheer immediacy of the experience, of combating another player who makes decisions and develops a skill with the interface that enables them to offer a challenge that no AI can (or possibly ever will - at least not for a long time) is what the appeal is. i have had fights that have gone for over 8 continuous hours of play, and didnt really even notice the time had gone by, as i was literally on the edge of my seat for the entire time. good pvp is genuine white-knuckle stuff, and UO has/had arguably the best pvp system in mmorpgs (the only other game that is close is EVE, but thats more for the community than the actual interface or pvp system).

also, it might do you some good to remember that trolling is really just forum pvp. ive had some great fights on here with pretty much everyone on the entire shard, including my now friends but then dire enemies in opk. as long as people dont go crying to mods after they makie the decision to join in the fight and it all stays reasonably close to the guidelines, i think any and all posts should be fair game for pvp.

I

iddqd

"The VKR wars mixed both"

i dont think wearing a uniform and saying 'hail' instead of 'hi' counts as rp.

S

siyeng0

PvP and RP have worked fine in the past. The VKR wars mixed both (i was actually a member of VKR for a time) to great success.

The problem is the majority of 'RPers' are 'Pirates' who reside in Trammel and dont do any pirating, and when we tell them this, they get defensive and chuck their toys out the pram and have a cry.
I am a victim of my own bad phrasing. (I'm very sorry about that - I tend to get a bit incoherent when trying to churn out "Why can't we all get along?!" pseudo-pamphlets at the rate of three per minute.) I meant that with the shard as it is right now, in this state, populated by these people, I can't see a community springing up where both PvP and RP are practiced at the same time, to the detriment of neither. It may change in the future. I hope it does; a bit of PvP livens up roleplaying too, you know. At the moment, it would surprise me if some guild managed to blend RP and PvP seamlessly, because the entire shard is full of people who only want to snipe at each other, making such things very difficult indeed - the fact that the shard has, like, four people on it doesn't help.

At the moment, I'm trying to convince my side of the shard that their skin is too thin and they have to stop overreacting so ridiculously to every little comment made to them. (Some of these comments are even vaguely constructive, yet the same response occurs.) As you can see, I'm not having much luck. But, I'll keep trying.

Until they learn some tact and restraint, none of these problems will be solved. You're all well within your rights to keep poking them for as long as they insist on trolling you, as far as I'm concerned. It'll take a bit of effort from both sides to stop all this crazy arguing, and until they're willing to make that effort, the shard will be stuck in this constant state of gang war. (Not the fun type of gang war, of course.)

Thankyou for your comment. The courteous responses I've been getting have been very heartening.

I

iddqd

no, true, but i couldnt help myself.

the VKR i met was a pale shadow of its former self, and essentially a dead guild.

---

P

Paradox_

no, true, but i couldnt help myself.

the VKR i met was a pale shadow of its former self, and essentially a dead guild.

---
Im talking 2002/2003 when I was in it.

The entire population of Oceania wouldnt even match the size of VKR back then.

We actually had to RP and talk like you were a knight. It was done well. Guild was organised. And they PvPed. Alot. I remember massive team fights in Jhelom farms. They mixed it very well.

I would suggest mixing PvP and Rping as a pirate is not the most difficult thing in the world. Its not like your RPing a bunch of pixies OH WAIT.

I

iddqd

"The courteous responses I've been getting have been very heartening."

to be honest, as much as youll get grief from pvp'ers, generally speaking like any social situation, you tend to get what you give. most people who get 'griefed' on forum started complaining or allow themselves to be taken in by silly comment instead of - quite simply - ignoring it.

ingame however its even more important to ignore grief - i made a bunch of cash through infuriating fools with a few words so much that theyd keep coming back to get their measly 2-cents in again and again and getting killed until id taken all their insurance money AND their suit.

either way, good luck with your idea, i genuinely hope it works.

P

Paradox_

Hey dal did you get rid of (aka sell) your account?

You should come back, OMG are worse than TC. Its actually hilarious.

D

Dain

VKR Wars were good fun, and yes they were real RP aswel.

Mind you i was about 9 year's old back then so my RP aswel as PvP was ****e.

V

VoNMuCK

i was in OrB back then and i remember having 'pvp' duels with VKR in our home made fight pits (i'd forgotten about that)

recently returned ;)

I

iddqd

Hey dal did you get rid of (aka sell) your account?

You should come back, OMG are worse than TC. Its actually hilarious.

nah, i still own it, it might even be active still, but i just moved in with the girl so dont got internet atm.

actually been playing wow the past month or two to check out their quest systems and other content features so i can steal the good ideas.

pvp in that game is an utter joke - people think gear makes a big diff in UO? its NOTHING like wow. they even reduced their pvp to basically being like pve - people do battlegrounds over and over to earn reward items.

while items in UO are important, it was/is in a much better way - part of becoming good at pvp was making a suit, you had to construct it like a fricken lightsabre or something - and if you didnt know what made a good suit, you didnt know how to pvp.

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admit it, SSO are the best field fighter / PvP out there...

Come on Ron's when are you going to join Ash to SSO????

I find it hilerious that you guys allow people like Ash and E|W tag along in field fights when you are fighting. If you really have the BALLS like you say you do, you would kill them on sight too..

I

iddqd

they're the best fighters out there because everyone in that guild does nothing but fight. all of them have (and probably still do) fought in situations where they were greatly outnumbered and stayed to fight regardless.

what im saying here is not to be their little fanboy, but to re-iterate what i said earlier about fighting and getting better at fighting - they are the best at it because they stay to fight almost every single time. they in general dont rely upon using blues and hiding behind the apron strings of the guards and in general also refrain from relying upon pets to do their fighting for them

(bear in mind my use of the term 'in general' - while they have done these things and im sure still do, they usually use the much more difficult - and accordingly more effective overall - mage templates)

I

iddqd

id also say theyre by far the best pvm'ers also. at least as far as i know when i was playing, we could do more, faster with 2 players than anyone else could with 5 or more.

gogo <10min 2-man despise spawns.

I

iddqd

So, with the upcoming "war" and factions etc playing a large part in it, I wanna make something that will have at least a half a chance at surviving in Fel =)

Please bear in mind, I ping 350+ and pretty much haven't really played a warrior much at all =)

With that said, what would be people's recommendations for a template? I've heard before that a stealth archer may be best for me to attempt 'cos of connection speed - but TBH I seem to lag so bad that the "advantage" of being further away to hit someone really just doesn't make any difference to me. Of course, could just be 'cos I have no idea how to play the template too =)

ok, while i feel a bit dirty for suggesting this, with a ping of 350 (how do you even play the game???) you really have no choice with regards to pvp other than to go with a stealth tamer. with a soulstone or two, an advanced character token and say 5mil for pets and some passable gear, you can have a useable one within about 15 mins. all you do is have dismount prepped on your bow, or use bolas and have 'all attack' macro finger twitching to go the second you drop your target of their mount.

YOU may be lagged, but pets have 0 ping and the rune beetle is one of the most poorly-thought-out things ever to happen in UO, which is saying a lot.

T

Teeshy

"with a ping of 350 (how do you even play the game???)"
Slowly! =P

And thanks for the suggestion as well =) I had actually just decided to try out a stealth tamer and am in the process of training her up (80 stealth is all I need, for never fail in med armour, right?)

I have most skills ready to swap over for stealth archer as well, if I don't like the way this one is going =)

Status
Not open for further replies.