• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Bets on the release date?

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I doubt NL will be launched before 2025, I still think there are too many excuses. If the team was too small to make this new server then why didn't they hire some more people? Everything is done on the cheap.
I dont know but I suspect they dont make a whole lot of money?? :confused:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Well they recently took on a new community liaison person, I just feel that money could have been better spent elsewhere.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well they recently took on a new community liaison person, I just feel that money could have been better spent elsewhere.
that can't be alot of pay. no offense to this new person :blushing:
they could have gotten someone to pay THEM to do that...one of the fanbois lol

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I just had a thought...

Look at the date of when this thread was started; early last year (March 2022). If we don't get NL until 2025 (assuming around March) that would be 3 years from when this thread was made. Now add in that this thread was made 2ish years after NL was announced. So the estimate on NL completion is currently at 5 years.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
He mentioned this in the Unleashed thread, but supposedly some Alpha testers have posted their concerns on Discord about the state of Alpha.

Would it surprise me if this was true? Absolutely not given the extreme lack of any details of NL, but at this point it's all hearsay.

They've already missed the 25th anniversary release & pushed back NL from 2023 so they will be working hard for 2024 release which might mean that a extremely buggy / subpar version of NL is released. They've kind of painted themselves into a corner here with NL.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd be more surprised if people didn't have concerns during an Alpha.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd be more surprised if people didn't have concerns during an Alpha.
Agreed but I think @Veldrane nailed it in a previous post. It's all about the expectation the Dev team sets. Currently we don't know much about NL; did the Alpha team get the same treatment? Given our experience with the Dev team, just as recently as pub 117 on TC1, there isn't much info given on how things are expected to work so I wouldn't be surprised if the Alpha testers were just given access to the shard and told "go test".

Perfect example is the new greenhouse on TC1. As of this morning, we still haven't been told the expected functionality of the item (outside of the items inside do not go against house storage) so players are left to rely on their own expectations. My expectation of a greenhouse is that it's a place to grow plants in... so far the greenhouse initially didn't accept "live" plants (which was fixed) and no don't actually grow the plants so in my mind this item is broken.

Anyone who has ever done QA/UAT in software development will tell you that having the expected outcome of a test is the crux of testing. Otherwise you will have no idea if the test is a pass or fail.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Agreed but I think @Veldrane nailed it in a previous post. It's all about the expectation the Dev team sets. Currently we don't know much about NL; did the Alpha team get the same treatment? Given our experience with the Dev team, just as recently as pub 117 on TC1, there isn't much info given on how things are expected to work so I wouldn't be surprised if the Alpha testers were just given access to the shard and told "go test".

Perfect example is the new greenhouse on TC1. As of this morning, we still haven't been told the expected functionality of the item (outside of the items inside do not go against house storage) so players are left to rely on their own expectations. My expectation of a greenhouse is that it's a place to grow plants in... so far the greenhouse initially didn't accept "live" plants (which was fixed) and no don't actually grow the plants so in my mind this item is broken.

Anyone who has ever done QA/UAT in software development will tell you that having the expected outcome of a test is the crux of testing. Otherwise you will have no idea if the test is a pass or fail.
You're overthinking it. Either you're on the alpha or not. If you're not, like me, we just have to wait. All this speculation is just because you want it so you're trying to get as much as you can from it now. And there's nothing to be had. It's healthier for you and for your future self's enjoyment of the content to just be excited or not and go play something else.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
September I hope. I'm booked for multiple trips in June and July.
That wouldn't be sticking to their timeline of a September NL release (NL Beta release and NL Release are very different).

I'm not sure how buttoned up things are for NL (since the Dev team has been purposefully silent on it) but doing a July Beta should leave enough time to fix/tweak things with the assumption they are probably targeting a late September release. Personally I think anything past July would probably start impacting the quality of testing since it might not leave enough time to adequately test, but again it kind of depends what is "new". If we are getting like a Fel only version of what we currently have with just a few changes then there is less to test, but if it's a complete overhaul to the mechanics of the game (which is what I thought the premise of NL was) then I think the limited Beta would impact the final product from either a quality of release or the timing of the release.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That wouldn't be sticking to their timeline of a September NL release (NL Beta release and NL Release are very different).
Because they have a history of making deadlines? :grin:

Most of you say no-one wants NL. So what's the rush?

Personally I am fine playing what we have now. Posters asked for ToT to return. We had the original 3 times. Then they made better versions. Which have been very popular. If you do not like ToTs you are in the minority. When posters kept asking to do the original over and over. I was the only one saying, No, make other things for us.

Either yall just want to complain about the developers, or you want NL real bad and pretend you don't. Or you are wasting a lot of time and energy for nothing.

Read the title under my name. When NL comes out, that is what I would have to do.

So, I say drag it on till next year.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Either yall just want to complain about the developers, or you want NL real bad and pretend you don't. Or you are wasting a lot of time and energy for nothing.
The dev team has been using NL as an excuse for why we aren't seeing timely development releases for prod without actually showing what they've been working on for the last several years. So maybe the majority of us want NL to either be live or abandoned, so the Dev team can't use that as an excuse for development in absentia.

I await your normal reply of "bUT wE DoNT nEEd to KnoW"

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The dev team has been using NL as an excuse for why we aren't seeing timely development releases for prod without actually showing what they've been working on for the last several years. So maybe the majority of us want NL to either be live or abandoned, so the Dev team can't use that as an excuse for development in absentia.

I await your normal reply of "bUT wE DoNT nEEd to KnoW"
To late to stop NL when they have a game that others are playing in. So wasted effort wanting them to stop.

UO has been secretive since 97. That's not changing either.

At least you are smart enough to stop paying for what you don't like.

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You should give yourself a pat on the back. Your constant cheerleading and shouting down anyone who didn't bend over for Messena contributed too.
Seriously! His shouting down of anyone who does not 100% bend over to Mesanna is so awkward, sometimes I wonder if he is a paid Russian troll or Mesanna's husband.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should give yourself a pat on the back. Your constant cheerleading and shouting down anyone who didn't bend over for Messena contributed too.
Good. Hope it works some other useless posters.

Countless accounts are lost when a player comes here ands sees all the whining. Ill trade 2 for for those.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bingo. The only reason NL is still a talking point is because it's taking away 95% of the attention away from the Prod servers. The whole "the Dev team is small and has limited resources" that some people repeat over and over works both ways; it also means they really haven't given much real attention to actual Prod servers in almost 5 years.

Countless accounts are lost when a player comes here ands sees all the whining. Ill trade 2 for for those.
I once thought like this too where people being overly negative would "scare away new/returning players" but I don't think we've had much influx of those since Covid started back in early 2020 and people were stuck inside. In reality those are the only people that might be lost because the people that are already playing the game can formulate their own opinion based on what they experience in the game. Either way, I doubt anyone is coming here to have their opinion shaped for them, if anything it's more likely they started in the game and can't figure out what to do or how things should work so they come here and see what people write. In that case, they probably see "all the whining" and think to themselves "wow - there are bugs that have been around for years unaddressed and people exploit game mechanics without punishment? I don't think I feel like dealing with that". Truth of the matter is that those people "stopping by" would never stick to UO long term and would quit anyway with or without coming here.

@Pawain - You are a walking/talking (maybe typing is a better word) definition of irony. You are trying to claim someone like Veldrane is causing countless accounts to be lost when all he has ever talked about is basic project management and how the Dev team doesn't practice any of them; hardly enough to "lose" anyone. Meanwhile you are the resident troll (here and the official forums) that literally bullies people for posting questions/issues with snarky comments like "learn to play the game better - it works for me just fine" for things that are actually bugs but you haven't experienced them. You also argue back and forth with literally anyone that you can (shootgun is just the latest but also McDougle/Frodo/etc) which results in threads (here and official forums) getting locked. The common denominator of all those issues is you yet you're still trying to say other people are the reasons why "countless accounts are lost". Super ironic.... but I think you can give it a break; we get it.

At this point, I doubt there is really much new blood coming into the game given the lack of content/updates over the last few years. If anything there are more people quitting the game then joining and it's by quite a bit yet the Dev team doesn't address the reasons people are quitting (same boring content / lack of updates or bug fixes / lack of addressing exploiters & cheaters). Even the amount of people posting here or on the official forum has noticeably decreased over the last few years. It's really only like a dozen or so people who actually post anymore. It seems like it's only a matter of time before the game is literally going to be like 10 people who script 10 accts at a time and Pawain along with maybe a few others. UO will (of maybe already has) go from a MMO to a MO (multiplayer online) due to the way Mesanna has led. It's all good though because Pawain will still be here waiving the pompoms! :cheerleader:

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I once thought like this too where people being overly negative would "scare away new/returning players
I base this on the first magazine review of UO. The reviewer did not like his experience.

UO was having an large influx of new subs. The review slowed it down significantly. Diablo took the bulk of the players. At that time the two were almost the same game.

One game continued to grow the other got a bad review in a gaming magazine.

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Diablo took the bulk of the players. At that time the two were almost the same game.
I want to have what you are having. I have been a heavy drinker most of my life, I don't think I ever got this drunk.

One game continued to grow the other got a bad review in a gaming magazine.
Could this be because one game has very bad developers, management, producer, etc? And, the other one has more skilled people working on it? Could this be for any reason other than the players complaining? Maybe it is not the players that are at fault but the developers, management, producer, etc?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I want to have what you are having. I have been a heavy drinker most of my life, I don't think I ever got this drunk.
You played Diablo and UO when they came out? They both were top down games (not first person) where you collected armor and weapons to fight monsters. Both had mages and warrior templates, Both games had many common monsters, like skeletons etc. Both have a paper doll to put your armor on. Both used names for descriptors on items. Towering sword of Thunder. etc Both use potions to heal etc. Both had a place where you stored stuff. One called bank one called stash. It was a while before players got houses in UO. Since it only had 1 chest and could be broken into very easily or stolen from you, the house was not much of a perk. Both had PvP, Diablo was smart enough to put a switch way before UO made Tram. Both have NPCs. The difference is one runs with the left mouse and the other uses the right mouse.

So you are saying Lord British had a bad management style? UO was part of Origin Worlds online at this point.

Drink some more.

Last edited:

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You played Diablo and UO when they came out? They both were top down games (not first person) where you collected armor and weapons to fight monsters. Both had mages and warrior templates, Both games had many common monsters, like skeletons etc. Both have a paper doll to put your armor on. Both used names for descriptors on items. Towering sword of Thunder. etc Both use potions to heal etc. Both had a place where you stored stuff. One called bank one called stash. It was a while before players got houses in UO. Since it only had 1 chest and could be broken into very easily or stolen from you, the house was not much of a perk. Both had PvP, Diablo was smart enough to put a switch way before UO made Tram. Both have NPCs. The difference is one runs with the left mouse and the other uses the right mouse.

So you are saying Lord British had a bad management style? UO was part of Origin Worlds online at this point.

Drink some more.
Hmmmm, Castle Crashers also have most of those. So UO and Castle Crashers are the same? But, you did not answer my question about whether this could be due to bad developers, management, producer, etc? So according to you only the players are to blame for not liking UO as much as Diablo?

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good. Hope it works some other useless posters.

Classy to the last, I expected nothing less. Oh well, enjoy UO, man; I wish you the best.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmmm, Castle Crashers also have most of those. So UO and Castle Crashers are the same? But, you did not answer my question about whether this could be due to bad developers, management, producer, etc? So according to you only the players are to blame for not liking UO as much as Diablo?
Both were in their first few years. The original developers were still running Things.

The constant PK ing probably made a lot of players leave UO. So not making a pvp switch could have saved some losses. By the time tram came uo was not gaining a lot of new players like Diablo was doing.

Also the incident that killed Lord British made the gaming community have some doubts.

I won't say the made bad decisions, they were the first to make those decisions. Diablo Had no problems copying UO but UO avoids copying Diablo.

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I won't say the made bad decisions, they were the first to make those decisions.
Sooooo, Diablo developers were not the first to make any decision? Only UO developers were pioneers of fantasy/rpg game development? All Diablo developers did was copy UO?
Both Diablo and UO were the first to make some decisions. UO has always had ****ty developers that made ****ty decisions. Blizzard always had top notch developers that made great decisions. So Diablo became top game with 100s of millions of dollars in revenue and people stopped playing UO. Broadsword right now can't even afford to have enough GMs to cover servers around the clock. And to remind you, broadsword GMs are shared between DAoC and UO. That is 2 games not making enough profit to cover 24 hours.

Diablo Had no problems copying UO but UO avoids copying Diablo
Interesting... Can you please give me a list of things that Diablo developers took from UO?

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sooooo, Diablo developers were not the first to make any decision? Only UO developers were pioneers of fantasy/rpg game development? All Diablo developers did was copy UO?
Both Diablo and UO were the first to make some decisions. UO has always had ****ty developers that made ****ty decisions. Blizzard always had top notch developers that made great decisions. So Diablo became top game with 100s of millions of dollars in revenue and people stopped playing UO. Broadsword right now can't even afford to have enough GMs to cover servers around the clock. And to remind you, broadsword GMs are shared between DAoC and UO. That is 2 games not making enough profit to cover 24 hours.

Interesting... Can you please give me a list of things that Diablo developers took from UO?
There probably was a small group complaining about Diablo at the beginning, just like they complain about D4 now. But one game kept growing and the other did not.

I guess you did not play both games when Diablo and UO came out. I was playing both games and saw. Nope I don't remember every detail.

You also gonna claim that the original Microsoft browser is not a copy of Netscape? Then claim that Apple and Microsoft never copied each other?
I used DRDOS instead of MSDOS. MS copied every good thing that DR had. Have you ever seen a car? They copy each other all the time.

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There probably was a small group complaining about Diablo at the beginning, just like they complain about D4 now. But one game kept growing and the other did not.

I guess you did not play both games when Diablo and UO came out. I was playing both games and saw. Nope I don't remember every detail.

You also gonna claim that the original Microsoft browser is not a copy of Netscape? Then claim that Apple and Microsoft never copied each other?
I used DRDOS instead of MSDOS. MS copied every good thing that DR had. Have you ever seen a car? They copy each other all the time.
Ahahaha, you claimed one game copied another. I asked for an example. You could not even name a single one. Then started talking about DRDOS and MSDOS :)
You are a joke. Everything you say is a joke. You just try to shout down anybody that does not bend over to Mesanna 100% of the time. Secret crush maybe? Or are you her husband? Maybe a paid Russian troll?
Ahaha

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahahaha, you claimed one game copied another. I asked for an example. You could not even name a single one. Then started talking about DRDOS and MSDOS :)
You are a joke. Everything you say is a joke. You just try to shout down anybody that does not bend over to Mesanna 100% of the time. Secret crush maybe? Or are you her husband? Maybe a paid Russian troll?
Ahaha
It's better to just ignore him. He's a confirmed apologist Mesanna troll who is only interested in turning every conversion into a poo-flinging contest. His raging fanboyism knows no bounds when it comes to how far he can stuff his nose up Mesanna.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ahaha
Sorry I don't remember specific details 25 plus years ago. If you played both, you would have seen it. There is probably a web page dedicated to it. But, I don't care enough to look it up for you, when you should have that ability.

I gave examples of other PC related copying. Are you really that naive that you don't think games copy from each other?

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sorry I don't remember specific details 25 plus years ago. If you played both, you would have seen it. There is probably a web page dedicated to it. But, I don't care enough to look it up for you, when you should have that ability.

I gave examples of other PC related copying. Are you really that naive that you don't think games copy from each other?
Ahahahaha, such a good day for trolling people ain't it Pawain? Everything you are saying now is called "I have no idea WTF I am talking about although I was acting so sure 5 minutes ago. Please look at the other way and let me get away with my BS although I was so sure 5 minutes ago. BTW, did I tell you I was so sure 5 minutes ago but I have no idea or can't remember right now?"

@Veldrane is right, you are suffering from a severe case of "confirmed apologist Mesanna troll who is only interested in turning every conversion into a poo-flinging contest. His raging fanboyism knows no bounds when it comes to how far he can stuff his nose up Mesanna."

You told me Diablo copied UO! I asked for an example! Ever since then you are giving one excuse after another non-stop, going as far back as to DRDOS. You have yet to produce a single example of what you said earlier. Pics or didn't happen :)

Ahahah, god bless long islands and all the entertainment Pawain is providing us at this boring friday afternoon :)

Last edited:

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Veldrane is right, you are suffering from a severe case of "confirmed apologist Mesanna troll who is only interested in turning every conversion into a poo-flinging contest. His raging fanboyism knows no bounds when it comes to how far he can stuff his nose up Mesanna."
I mean... turning the community into a toxic pit of sycophants who worship the producer in the hope that she'll shower them with her well-documented favoritism is a great way to make sure a game in maintenance mode continues to be profitable, right? Right!? lol

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I mean... turning the community into a toxic pit of sycophants who worship the producer in the hope that she'll shower them with her well-documented favoritism is a great way to make sure a game in maintenance mode continues to be profitable, right? Right!? lol
Well, I wont link it here since I got a warning last time I linked it. An ex-employee of broadsword did an AMA on reddit. This old employee claims that few other employees were involved in scripts/exploits/RMT and Mesanna was looking the other way. If you are interested in more details, then you can look at the AMA at /r/ultimaonline on Reddit. I wonder what Pawain gets in order to go into this rabid poop throwing ape mode?

Last edited:

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
BTW, I wish I was as fluent in English as you are. I am really impressed how well you use grammar and how well you can convey our ideas in a single or few lines.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I wont link it here since I got a warning last time I linked it. An ex-employee of broadsword did an AMA on reddit. This old employee claims that few other employees were involved in scripts/exploits/RMT and Mesanna was looking the other way. If you are interested in more details, then you can look at the AMA at /r/ultimaonline on Reddit. I wonder what Pawain gets in order to go into this rabid poop throwing ape mode?
I don't remember seeing that one, but I do recall several well-documented sources of feedback on her management and leadership abilities. She sounds like a hoot to work for and completely incompetent when it comes to the business end of running a software-as-a-service engagement.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get a room, lovebirds.

You have spare time since you both quit UO.

I've quit a bunch of games over the years. Why would someone post on a game forum they don't play any more?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Zero hype with beta testing supposedly to start soonish with maybe September release really it's troublesome shouldn't the advertisement squirrel be working overtime

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Zero hype with beta testing supposedly to start soonish with maybe September release really it's troublesome shouldn't the advertisement squirrel be working overtime
I think the advertising squirrel ran away many years ago. We now have a fox posting on social media.

Stay tuned to UO.com for updates is not enough advertising? :lol:

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not sure what kind of hectic schedule UO follows. Every single software development company I interacted with followed the same steps as part of their release cycle:
  • Alpha testing 1
  • Alpha testing 2
  • Beta testing
  • Limited release
  • General availability
Usually, there are 3 to 6 months between each of these steps depending on the amount of the bugs found/unsatisfactory feedback/missed functionality/etc. Heavy advertising starts around beta testing or close to the limited release depending on the confidence on the product.

Limited release wont happen with UO since it is a game. It seems like they are skipping Alpha testing 2. If beta testing starts tomorrow and lasts 2 weeks, which is cutting it short, they will have 2 and half months to fix all of the bugs, improve unsatisfactory parts of the game, change functionality depending on the feedback, etc. That is 2 developers maintaining production shards, old ruleset shards, 2d client, 3d client, implementing the upcoming treasures of event, and developing/fixing NL. I doubt they will be able to make it.

It seems like their options are to delay the release date again or release an extremely buggy game, which is not unheard of as far as UO is considered.

Last edited:

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've quit a bunch of games over the years. Why would someone post on a game forum they don't play any more?
We found a liar and a troll, we cant stop exposing him even after we left the game. I am still waiting for your proof that Diablo developers copied things from UO that was first invented by UO developers.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We found a liar and a troll, we cant stop exposing him even after we left the game. I am still waiting for your proof that Diablo developers copied things from UO that was first invented by UO developers.
Sorry the internet was not what it was today. I lived it, so I saw it. I did not document it. The games were so close to being identical at the beginning of each. I went over the similarities in another post.

Maybe this is why?

But you did not play either in 97 so you know more.

Like said, you probably think Microsoft and Apple did not constantly copy each other and any program they could. Word uses the same shortcut keys that word perfect used for years before word was created. Coincidence? Even used the name word.

Last edited:

shootgun

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But you did not play either in 97 so you know more.
Ahahaha! Tell me more about what I did and did not play in 97. Dude, I had my first computer at 1989. The first program I ever wrote was in BASIC for Commodore 64... But, yeah, do tell me more about what I did not do on 97 :)

About the link, all you could find after hours and hours of search was a single link that says isometric game play and game engine was good at Ultima Underworld? And, other games wanted to do something like it? Is that it?
Ahahah, what would I do without you on my Fridays. You are the best entertainment I have never paid for :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I searched 2 seconds. I never played the Ultima games.

Most people name the micro chip in their first PC if they had one long ago. Taught students how to work on 8088s, used the school computer lab to play games. My first was a 286 it had a 10M hard drive, I thought, how could someone use all that space. I bought a Roland MT 32 for the sound. Connected it to an amp and home speaker system. I played mostly games that had that as a sound choice. All Sierra games could use it. The 3in floppys were not out yet.

Played my aunts pong game as a teen in the 70s. Had atari system when those came out. Moved to the ones with keyboards and a cassette tape to record programs on. The keyboard was the old style flat touch key. They were crap.

Fun fact after the 8088 Intel named their chips 286 386 486 the names were copied by others. They could not copyright numbers, so the 586 turned into Pentium instead, and the next was Pentium II. Also can't copyright Taco Tuesday.

At one time Computer Shopper was a huge book that was 3in thick each month. We would grab the new ones and run to the break room to see all the new stuff.

Last edited: