• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasures of the Feudal Lands - Tips and preparation

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Treasures of the Feudal Lands [Phase 116.1]
  • The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will take place in the Tokuno Overlands of Isamu-Jima & North Makoto-Jima
  • The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will begin following 12pm ET when each shard receives Publish 116.1
  • Points from the Treasures of the Feudal Lands expire Wednesday, December 20, 2023 11:59:00 PM GMT-05:00
  • Points can be redeemed for rewards from the Artifact Trader located south of the Makoto-Jima desert pass

When:
Starts Wed Oct 18th.
Where:
  • The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will take place in the Tokuno Overlands of Isamu-Jima & North Makoto-Jima
The Wastes is Northern Makoto-Jima (the sandy area) the turn in NPC is at the entry.
The included mobs are marked with Treasures of Feudal Lands [Frosted]. Ice and white variant colors.
There are certain Mobs that will not be Marked for the spawn, Notably Yamandon and Frost mite.
There will be a mix of included and non included spawn, look for the name tags and colors.
There are certain areas that will not spawn the event Mobs. There are some areas that have a mix.

You should not go afk by the NPC, the Mobs can come into that area.
The Shrines have Ankhs for healing.

The spawn created by the Sleeping Dragon Spawn will not be included in this event.

Notable location of Mobs and not included spawn areas.

Black circles are areas of non event spawn, the event spawn can go into those areas.
Orange circles are areas where some spawn is event and some is not.

Red Square Rune Beetles
Green Square Mages
Yellow Square Kappas
Brown Square The normal spawn plus mixed spawn
White Square has a few Frost Mites mostly Lady of the Snow and many types of ice mobs.
Seems everything in this area is tagged for event.

All the other green areas will have their normal spawn plus random spawn mobs
also some mobs not part of the spawn.

1697518484931.png

Uncluttered version of this map: https://uo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/tokuno-locate.jpg
https://uo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/tokuno-coords.jpg
Mob type\location https://www.uoguide.com/Isamu-Jima ;
Makoto-Jima - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Preparations:
Gather Orange Petals, Enchanted Apples, Petals of Trinsic, Fish Pies for stat Buffs
Make slayers of the types you think you will need.
Slayer books.
Beetle Slayer Talisman or book
Mark Runes.
Get familiar with the maps so you don't get lost when running around and you can call someone to come res you since there is 1 healer in each area.
Buy a new Undertakers Staff from the UO Store in the game.

Notable Mob Types:
There will be at least one imported Mob. On Test Center 1 it is the Skeletal Dragon and Liches
We will find out what they are for us when this goes live.

Hiryus have Dismount.
There are many caster type mobs that will poison and debuff you.

Resident Mobs and slayers and lowest resists:

Hiryu Dragon Cold
Fan Dancer Demon Energy/Cold
Oni Demon cold
Tsuki Wolf Demon Phy
Rune Beetle Beetle Cold/Fire
Lady of the Snow Undead Fire/Phy
Revenant Lion Undead Fire
Rotting Corpse Undead Fire
Dread Spider Spider Not Poison
Kappa None Cold/Energy
Elite Ninja None Cold
Evil Mage Mage Any
Evil Mage Lord Mage/Repond Any
Elementals Elemental Fire
Kaze Kemono Elemental Fire Cold

The mobs that give points towards drops have the event tag and are hued white and ice variants.
1697564064512.png

The ones that do not give credit towards drops are the normal colors and names.

1697564036534.png

Mobs not included in event:
Frost Mite None Fire/Not Cold
Rai-Ju Elemental C P E
Yamandon Reptile/snake Not Fire

There are multiple type lesser mobs that are not difficult.

The difficulty is varied.

For a Calm play, use the Waste in Makoto-Jima

For Midrange play, use any grassy area

For Advanced play, use Winter Spur (Northern white tip)

Preview of many rewards is on Test Center 1 or here Treasures of the Feudal Lands | uo-cah.com

Modifications to Paragons! We will be dramatically increasing the rewards points that are awarded from paragon mobs.

All fighting templates can be used.

Lots of great rewards!

Will be lots of fun!

Have Fun! Rub a Luck Statue and anti Pilfer Totem before you go hunting.

Add your tips and experiences.

There will probably be a lot of ships on the coasts, be kind and set your deck to public but restrict usage.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Latest info Post from Kyronix

Kyronix Posts: 1,072Dev
October 16

We don't plan on adjusting the cost of any of the items at this time.

Reactive holy light will cast holy light when a non-PvP aggressor attacks the wielder. It works like other reactive properties and casting power is based on casting holy light as if it were done via chivalry.

Certain areas of the overland are excluded from the event, as are certain creatures. This is done intentionally. The overland spawn areas can spawn any combination of creatures - remember Treasures mobs are randomly chosen each server up. There are some mobs that will always be included, and some that will never be included.

We can dynamically adjust the density - we won't be making these adjustments until sufficient observation period on each shard. Based on results the drop rate is in line with our intentions. We will be dramatically increasing the rewards points that are awarded from paragon mobs.

Stay tuned to UO.com for publish updates and thanks for all the feedback.

Rumples

Visitor
UNLEASHED
I never participated in any "Treasures of"-event. Just read the info at Treasures of Tokuno - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Does it still apply, that minor artifacts directly drop into your backpack and that you have to exchange 10 minor for one major?

Also are there any benefits or drawbacks, when doing it solo vs. in a party?
This is a different event. You have to turn in the drops you get to an artifact dealer to select your rewards. Check out Treasures of the Feudal Lands | uo-cah.com

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got it, thanks. And apparently they still drop into your backpack.

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That map is way too confusing. Am I supposed to look for only marked MOBs?
Agreed; this is stupid. They should have just made all of Tokuno part of the event (including Serado's spawn) and let everyone hunt wherever they want.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That map is way too confusing. Am I supposed to look for only marked MOBs?
Yes it is! There are clean links to maps below it.

Some areas will not spawn the event mobs, so I tried to mark those areas with black circles.
Some areas have a mix of event and non event, so those have orange circles.

To make things more confusing, in some areas you can kill the non marked mobs to make marked ones.

Does not give points:
1697563144725.png

Gives points. Have Ice and white color variants. And are tagged with the Treasures of tag and Frosted.

1697563288203.png

Agreed; this is stupid. They should have just made all of Tokuno part of the event (including Serado's spawn) and let everyone hunt wherever they want.
Yes this sucks and is why the drop rate is horrible right now. And why I have to draw confusing maps.

The Tsuki Wolf Spawn below the Yamandon is not included! GRRR

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Atlantic Shard:

@Lord Nabin has set up his house for players to use during the event.

He has the pilfer, luck statue and repair bench all set up for the community at his easy to get to house in Luna on Atlantic.

Event Rune books added on floor!

Including all forms of clicky travel!

1697564732200.png

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yes it is! There are clean links to maps below it.

Some areas will not spawn the event mobs, so I tried to mark those areas with black circles.
Some areas have a mix of event and non event, so those have orange circles.

To make things more confusing, in some areas you can kill the non marked mobs to make marked ones.

Does not give points:
View attachment 148178

Gives points. Have Ice and white color variants. And are tagged with the Treasures of tag and Frosted.

View attachment 148179

Yes this sucks and is why the drop rate is horrible right now. And why I have to draw confusing maps.

The Tsuki Wolf Spawn below the Yamandon is not included! GRRR
I'm curious to know if the tamable-kind critters "ot Feudal Lands" are still tamable, and, if yes, if once tamed they keep the "ot Feudal Lands" Tag & Hues...

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no they are not tamable i tried to tame a rabbit

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update on start and end times:

Greetings,

Beginning with our Japanese servers this evening, all shards will be updated with Publish 116.1 following their normally scheduled maintenance. Please check out the publish notes and ready yourself for the Treasures of the Feudal Lands!

The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will be active following all shards being published. We expect the event to start rolling out between 12pm ET and 3pm ET on 10/18/2023.

See you in Britannia,

Treasures of the Feudal Lands [Phase 116.1]
  • The Treasures of the Feudal Lands will begin following 12pm ET when each shard receives Publish 116.1
  • Points from the Treasures of the Feudal Lands expire Wednesday, December 20, 2023 11:59:00 PM GMT-05:00
  • Points can be redeemed for rewards from the Artifact Trader located south of the Makoto-Jima desert pass

Nereus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The spawn created by the Sleeping Dragon Spawn will not be included in this event.
Darn. Was looking forward to that glorious paragon explosion at stage 4!
Should make it a one-off event just to see.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
@Pawain - Thanks for the set of runebooks to the various destinations of the event. They have been added to the front of the house for everyone to use!

*stiches a slight tear in his hunting robes in preparation for the days events.*

Attachments

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ax people seem to be having the most fun. Many run right up on whatever you are killing. LS is worst for that. It was kinda fun for awhile, :). Did get some drops. So thks team!

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The ax people seem to be having the most fun. Many run right up on whatever you are killing. LS is worst for that. It was kinda fun for awhile, :). Did get some drops. So thks team!
i think you still get credit if you do damage.
actually prefer the help, saves me on repairs and get more respawns..

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
It appears that drops farmed from an EJ account can only be turned in by that account. and any items claimed seem to be tied to that specific account

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It appears that drops farmed from an EJ account can only be turned in by that account. and any items claimed seem to be tied to that specific account
Yes, I believe previous events were like that as well

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
you unfortunately cannot tame anything special hue from the event. I was hoping to get a frostmite, tsuki wolf or hiryu (stuff that is normally tamable is not if special hue).

all these tamed creatures from the event are from the command undead necro mastery spell

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
frosty color would be a nice color to add for next years bones in the graveyards

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone mind sharing where they think the best spots to farm for drops is? Last year I was averaging bout 20 an hour on level 3 in deceit but struggling to find anywhere dense enough this year that will give me more than 4 or 5 an hour

Xoos

Journeyman
I've barely done the event yet but so far I'm liking rune beetles and that area. I can generally survive but a healer nearby, two or three shot them with a beetle slyer tali, and they respawn fast. I think you could get 20 an hour

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes beetles is a nice place with the tali. just make a circle use ships as needed.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No ej stuff account bound
Yeah, the minor artifacts are definitely account and shard bound.
But the artifacts you buy with it, are just marked as shard bound, but not account bound, at least on the vendor, before you buy them.
Do those become account bound too? Because I'm currently farming with my tamer for a melee char in training, which is on another account. That would be a bummer...

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, the minor artifacts are definitely account and shard bound.
But the artifacts you buy with it, are just marked as shard bound, but not account bound, at least on the vendor, before you buy them.
Do those become account bound too? Because I'm currently farming with my tamer for a melee char in training, which is on another account. That would be a bummer...
Only the EJ-farmed stuff (Drops & Rewards) is Account Bound to the EJ-Account that farmed/redeemed it.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you misread. When you buy an item, it will have the name of the character on it. And another account can not use it.
Did I?
SteelRust said "Only the EJ-farmed stuff (Drops & Rewards) is Account Bound to the EJ-Account that farmed/redeemed it. ".
The account I'm farming with has a paid subscription and thus is not EJ. So according to him it should not be account bound.
Or is his statement wrong?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did I?
SteelRust said "Only the EJ-farmed stuff (Drops & Rewards) is Account Bound to the EJ-Account that farmed/redeemed it. ".
The account I'm farming with has a paid subscription and thus is not EJ. So according to him it should not be account bound.
Or is his statement wrong?
I thought you said you were farming with an EJ account.

Why even bring up account bound and stuff if you are not using an EJ account? The items do not say account bound, they say shard bound.

Thankfully a certain vocal posters stupid account bound reward plea has fallen on deaf ears.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
If you farm with an EJ account the drops can only be claimed by that EJ account

if you turn in points that specific item says “owned by your toon” and cannot be used by anyone else.

I confirmed this with a conjurer trinket. Not certain if the hiryu statue can be opened by another account.

this only applies to EJ accounts.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you said you were farming with an EJ account.
The warrior in training is on an EJ account. I did get a few drops with him until I decided, that playing with him isn't that efficient as he lacks a few skills & some items. On his minor artifact drops I noticed the account bound property.
The tamer is on my main account, which has an active subscription. I didn't pay much attention, if account bound was there. So all is good ;)

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I still have two curiosities.

EJ-farmed/redeemed Items (Drops & Rewards) are EJ-Account Bound, so no other Accounts can USE them, and that' a fact.

But can those Items

1) still be TRANSFERRED (by Trade Window or simply dropping them on the floor) from the EJ-Account that farmed them to a Char of another account, and

2) from this receiving Char, MOUNTED on Mannequins?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still have two curiosities.

EJ-farmed/redeemed Items (Drops & Rewards) are EJ-Account Bound, so no other Accounts can USE them, and that' a fact.

But can those Items

1) still be TRANSFERRED (by Trade Window or simply dropping them on the floor) from the EJ-Account that farmed them to a Char of another account, and

2) from this receiving Char, MOUNTED on Mannequins?
No off shard armor for you