• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Treasure of Fey Destard spawn

Toya

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.... I get why the spawn generator along the west wall was disabled. But i think the paragon to normal spawn ratio is skewed? It takes an army to take one of the greater para dragons or wyrms down. Cant imagine how the less populated shards are managing. Thoughts anyone?

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So.... I get why the spawn generator along the west wall was disabled. But i think the paragon to normal spawn ratio is skewed? It takes an army to take one of the greater para dragons or wyrms down. Cant imagine how the less populated shards are managing. Thoughts anyone?
It's very broken this time...

Archangel0

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
we are not managing.. the paragons own destard, so its broken.

Kir

Journeyman
I'm on the fence for previous spawn points (instant point on specific locations), on one side you have this lag fest and people gathering up to 350+ an hour with potions.

On another side, it also allows less battle oriented players to just come together and leech during the lag fest, hence no one really left behind...
I've completed most my sets and got all the items I want though.... :shots:

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For those on less populated shards the spawn points provided great incentive to work together. Last night on Napa we managed to hold the spawn point with 8 or 9 players for a little over an hour. We died some, got disoriented a couple times, but all in all it was a good time for everyone and we all got good drops. Tonight there were around 6 or 7 people but everyone was spread out, which made dealing with the paragons a real pain. I had much less fun and got much less reward tonight. My assessment, it was not a change for the better. It will also cost broadsword some money. I bought and used a potion last night and would definitely have purchased more to use in the pile. I definitely won’t be purchasing any for the spread out solo play.

Kir

Journeyman
My discord/roof group also been doing the pile yesterday, most started to make a char for farming... buying scroll and gears etc.

With the lag issue etc, I do think it's a good thing that event can bring people to work together. The main issue always the reaper, even with 10+ people on a pile, without reaper the lag is bearable.... Once reaper up, it will be as bad or worst than EM event lags.... :rolleyes:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
we are not managing.. the paragons own destard, so its broken.
This. The changes they made took all the fun out of it. And everyone is too spread out to help deal with the higher power paragons.

Two things that could help fix it:

1) Increase the spawn ratio for paragons. 1:20 chance is stupid for smaller shards. Should be 1:50 or more.

2) It makes zero sense that a paragon greater dragon or lattice seeker has the same chance at a drop as a snake. Paragons should be a guaranteed drop for the amount of work it takes to bring down. That would help incentivize people to actually work the paragons as opposed to running away and hoping it doesn't follow you.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cant imagine how the less populated shards are managing
One or two drops per hour. Never had lag. Never had "glob."
No one battles the overpowered paragons. They stick around until they de-spawn.
Overpowered paragons. Not fun. Call out in General Chat to come defeat one? No one comes. Not fun.
Only two or three people in the dungeon at any one time. Not enough to take down an overpowered paragon.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One or two drops per hour. Never had lag. Never had "glob."
No one battles the overpowered paragons. They stick around until they de-spawn.
Overpowered paragons. Not fun. Call out in General Chat to come defeat one? No one comes. Not fun.
Only two or three people in the dungeon at any one time. Not enough to take down an overpowered paragon.
I try to keep 2 tamers by door on Origin as long as it's one at a time can kill. The weald protect then shadow wryn the welp toughest to me

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes
Adjusted my life to find other things to do

Lol
What is there to do besides UO. UO is everything. The kids, Wife's, Husbands, Weddings and all that need to be set up around UO shard downtime. at Lest that is what are Devs think. you get 15min to 30 mins away when severs are down. Can do all the other life stuff then.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What is there to do besides UO. UO is everything. The kids, Wife's, Husbands, Weddings and all that need to be set up around UO shard downtime. at Lest that is what are Devs think. you get 15min to 30 mins away when severs are down. Can do all the other life stuff then.
Yet asking for set start and end dates is frowned upon

mihali

Sage
We went from extremely high rate of respawn to super slow respawn rates, to the order as others have posted 3 drops/hour or 2 drops/hour for some players. Spell weavers have been nuked essentially, as many AEO types. Most of Destard is empty except the area close to the ramp to lev 2.
Seems 2-3 pple dabbling on lev 2,3,4.
So if 2-3 drops per hour, divide that into 250 drops for the books, it will take 60-80 hours continuous day and night Destard game play now to get these books?
So "normal" play for many folks is 2 hours/day or so since they have to work for a living, family time and with real life activities. So how many days it would take them to get the books? 40 days, or more?

Seems there should be a little compromise between "extreme spawn" and too little spawn. It can still be done, and it is early enough in the event.
They should put at least 3 and maybe 4 spawn generators, spread them around and speed up the respawn rates and increase the Paragon "reward value point".
Also looks like the potions are really defunct with this low spawn rate, that is sad for the folks who bought them.
Looks like the same pple that were crying about the "piles" and took the Dev to the "pile" on ATL, should reach out to them one more time and let them know the tweak or "fix" was overdone?
This seems like a fair idea that may help the new folks also, with sub-par gear maybe. Of course the folks that got 600-800 drops the first 2-3 days of the event would not mind either way, and maybe
improving the spawn rate now is bad for them since the prices of the items they will eventually sell would be higher if less pple get drops and rewards.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The grinder was the only way I was getting drops...

Now I'm back to turning in eggs...:(

I really wanted to get some armor pieces to put on my mannequins!

mihali

Sage
For those not on the Forums 24/7 PSA that would be @Keven2002
Wow. One of "us" ? Jeez Lets Vote him for President! :D
I have seen stuff in the game that will make your eyes pop out, (both in Fel spawns, and also Tram pet train areas where some pple bring some incredible things). Pretty much unwilling to mention them here or the other area. The big fear is if it goes to the Devs, they will intervene and that is the scary part. It could damage many peoples game by the Devs pulling the trigger and overfixing somethings.
I suspect that the overfixing behavior may be due to not adequately personally testing the different features they add.

mihali

Sage
The grinder was the only way I was getting drops...

Now I'm back to turning in eggs...:(

I really wanted to get some armor pieces to put on my mannequins!
Good luck with that though. 10 eggs=1 drop. Sooo..Lets see for the Books =250 drops it would be umm..2,500 eggs? How will you get so many eggs? 2,500 ?:cool:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good luck with that though. 10 eggs=1 drop. Sooo..Lets see for the Books =250 drops it would be umm..2,500 eggs? How will you get so many eggs? 2,500 ?:cool:
Players got 300 eggs a day when they knew where and what time to look for them. Also they are not shard bound.

less than 9 days.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

I currently have 2600 eggs sitting at my house and I collect more every day. It's not that hard.

1651382041223.png
Just in case no one believed me. this is just the backpacks I can reach. In the wooden chests is the complete set of 255 common eggs.

mihali

Sage
I currently have 2600 eggs sitting at my house and I collect more every day. It's not that hard.

View attachment 130017
Just in case no one believed me. this is just the backpacks I can reach. In the wooden chests is the complete set of 255 common eggs.
That is a massive egg collection! All I can say is wow! Do you find them anywhere? Or you get them from nuking things as drops, lite bunnies, or just find them on the ground in Tram?
I like the Destard challenge but eggs could be another item to think about. Still can collect 300 a day?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
If no one else is around. I don't go to every place they spawn either but I made a runebook with the locations.

Moonglow farms
Brit Farms
Jhelom farms
Yew farms
New Haven
The Waste
Sometimes around moongates
Skara

There are other places but those are the ones I usually hit and once I hit the last spot I go back to the first and the eggs are respawned.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some very small islands have egg spawns and they are the only islands on the server lines. They respawn pretty fast.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For those not on the Forums 24/7 PSA that would be @Keven2002
I wasn't crying about the pile at all on the first day; I was too busy getting drops. I'm not sure who was crying about getting easy drops but it was likely the people who script and knew that if they couldn't control the market that they wouldn't make any money. The Devs decided to do a stealth fix and try to lie about it that they didn't do anything except relocate the pile. By now we all know that was a lie.

The result of that change? Scripters got what they wanted because they can still AFK farm but the casual UO player like myself is either forced to join a less rewarding "pile" / "grinder" / spamfest or go run around the dungeon looking for 1 or 2 things to kill before someone else beats you to it.

Not everyone wants to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a night after work grinding in UO for enough drops to get a ankh of devotion.

Stranger

Lord of the Dance
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't crying about the pile at all on the first day; I was too busy getting drops. I'm not sure who was crying about getting easy drops but it was likely the people who script and knew that if they couldn't control the market that they wouldn't make any money. The Devs decided to do a stealth fix and try to lie about it that they didn't do anything except relocate the pile. By now we all know that was a lie.

The result of that change? Scripters got what they wanted because they can still AFK farm but the casual UO player like myself is either forced to join a less rewarding "pile" / "grinder" / spamfest or go run around the dungeon looking for 1 or 2 things to kill before someone else beats you to it.

Not everyone wants to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a night after work grinding in UO for enough drops to get a ankh of devotion.
Makes ya wonder if they are lying in the same bed. Just sayin'.

They could make all of us happy and save a lot of real life hours wasted grinding if they would just do something very simple...

First reward claim is like 10x less points, but it's account bound. After that, it's 10x the points if you want a second one.
So a book is 25 points, then after you claim one, it's 250 points.

That way everyone who wants the rewards for themselves for personal use can more easily get one.
And the people who want to sell to people who missed the event or who want extras can get them...if they wanna grind their lives away. (Or script their lives away.)

My time is more important then this and the devs should be ashamed to design such a time wasting grind that serves no purpose and isn't even fun to participate in. It's disgusting.

Be more creative devs.
People have lives, families, friends, jobs, hobbies, and other games they want to play. Respect that. Don't make us sit here for an absurd amount of hours or make us collect 19,000 eggs. Seriously WTH!

Other things you could have done:
A 1x daily token drop system. After you get your 1 token for the day you can still play other parts of the game or go do something else instead of spending all of your time stuck in Destard or endlessly chasing eggs.
An instanced wave/boss fight system. So nobody has to deal with the lag or spam or AFK scripters.
A defend the cave quest system so as long as you're in there for 10 minutes 'scouting' or 'fighting' or 'touching pillars' or whatever you win and can log off.
A re-supply mission. Drop items into crates. The crates randomly spawn all over the dungeon. Crates only visible/usable by the player who started the quest.
A way to bury the easter eggs to spawn a monster that you fight and the reward is linked to whoever buried the egg. Like collect 10 eggs, turn them into 1 giant egg, bury it, kill it, if anyone interferes the reward still goes to the player who buried it. That way they can go bury it at the front, back, left, right, 3rd floor, or wherever the heck they want. The more eggs buried by groups of people in the ground at the same time the bigger and badder the monster spawns. Bigger badder mob has a special drop for the elite boss killers.
And on and on and on...
Oh wait I forgot its a "Treasures of..." event. My bad. No creativity allowed.

"Get in get out get on with your life."

Who took my lunch?

DIANE!!

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure who was crying about getting easy drops but it was likely the people who script and knew that if they couldn't control the market that they wouldn't make any money
Ah, there's a little gem of wisdom.

This has been a little bit of a let down for me. I hadn't participated too much in the past 2 events and decided that I was going to hit this one hard. I'm bored after about 10 minutes.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Ah, there's a little gem of wisdom.

This has been a little bit of a let down for me. I hadn't participated too much in the past 2 events and decided that I was going to hit this one hard. I'm bored after about 10 minutes.
Yea so far this has been a tough event to go hard on (outside of the first day). I'm in the same boat as you, I'm bored/frustrated trying to get drops on ATL so I've played maybe a net total of 90minutes over the last 3-4 days (completely unheard for me to not play the start of an event)? I played an hour earlier today on Origin which isn't as bad as ATL but still seems to have it's own set of issues when it comes to rewarding killing stuff in Destard as opposed to recalling around for eggs.

I'm hoping they are still looking to make things right and the event will be improved but tough to say bc some people say "it's fine" but again I'd question if they are the same ones complaining things were too easy before.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Get the fey slayer talisman !

Whether you buy from someone or are reduced to picking up eggs to help you get points. It will change your life haha

Am still not getting lots of drops , I haven't tried the potions, but I can at least do enough damage to qualify for drops . Getting about 8:1 drops with tally versus 2 or 3 an hour without it .

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Get the fey slayer talisman !

Whether you buy from someone or are reduced to picking up eggs to help you get points. It will change your life haha

Am still not getting lots of drops , I haven't tried the potions, but I can at least do enough damage to qualify for drops . Getting about 8:1 drops with tally versus 2 or 3 an hour without it .
If you just tap an enemy it's enough to get drops. You don't even have to kill them. Tag as many enemies as you can.

Assuming they're at least dying soon. Don't just run through the dungeon tagging stuff and leaving people to kill it.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Right
Paragons should give automatic drop. At least the harder ones at least.
Or a scaling thing where the longer it's fighting the more likely you are to get a drop. If all of them gave a drop and just that, the people already getting drops still benefit.

If they do something like say... honor... that scales up, a tamer that's been struggling to kill a paragon will not have felt like it's wasted time.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if there was a drop cooldown… maybe something like 120 seconds, 60 seconds with the potion. I’m guessing it would be unnoticeable for most average players but might do a little to limit the bots?

Would cap drops at 30 per hour without a potion and 60 per hour with one?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right
Paragons should give automatic drop. At least the harder ones at least.
I have brought this up on the official forms for the past treasures event to promote teamwork on the tough paragons. It would help solve the parking them behind closed doors. But it goes nowhere. I should start going to a meet and greet and start slipping them cash instead.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would love paragons giving 1 drop per. Id have 500 more drops per event just counting the top ones. Not gonna happen.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think when people talk about their experience with the event they really need to mention which shard because different shards have different situations.

Regarding paragons guaranteeing a drop, that would be infuriating on ATL where any paragon approaching one of the three piles in the dungeon is eliminated in 1-5 seconds. All of those scripters would be rewarded even more for their lack of actual gameplay and lagging the entire dungeon.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think McDougle just wants back in the pile.

The devs have already said that there's a weighted system where paragons count more towards your chance to get a drop. I distinctly remember them saying there is a system where you get a number of points per mob you kill. The points are your chances to get a drop. Every time you get a drop, the points reset to 0. I don't know how much more transparent they can be about it.

It sucks that the devs apparently can't fix this event and make it fun for anyone. If Destard is the problem, which is what the devs are saying, why can't they just move it somewhere else? From what I've read, this event is a dumpster fire.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So wanting to hear yes we've made adjustments is bad ?? Anyone who has played today can see there's been no change so what are they doing just gonna ignore?