• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] SSI and Hit Leeches

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I get that SSI affects how much or little the hit life and mana leeches get. What I’m wondering is this, say I imbue max SSI to a weapon, along with max hit life and mana leeches then down the road I find (say a ring) with SSI and mods that helps me. If I go and lower the SSI on the weapon, would the hit life and mana leeches go up?

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you. I thought as much when I played with knuckleheads imbuing calculator but wasn’t sure if it worked that way in practice.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Which is why my Samp seldom carries ssi on any of his double axes. Gets it all through other items.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sadly, the toon I’m doing this for will need SSI on the weapons to get to 1.5. I’m looking at a thrower using soul glaives. But if I can get some more SSI on the suit, then maybe I can lower the SSI on my weapons. Time will tell.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Sadly, the toon I’m doing this for will need SSI on the weapons to get to 1.5. I’m looking at a thrower using soul glaives. But if I can get some more SSI on the suit, then maybe I can lower the SSI on my weapons. Time will tell.
I'm in the process of making a thrower and I have 50 ssi on my suit. I am thinking of changing out my chest piece which will drop me to 40 ssi but I dread having to put SSI back on my weapons :(

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm in the process of making a thrower and I have 50 ssi on my suit. I am thinking of changing out my chest piece which will drop me to 40 ssi but I dread having to put SSI back on my weapons :(
You need to look at the pro and con of changing the chest piece. What does the new chest piece add to your template and what would you loose on your weapon? The question is, Will this change make your character better?

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You need to look at the pro and con of changing the chest piece. What does the new chest piece add to your template and what would you loose on your weapon? The question is, Will this change make your character better?
That's the problem, I can't find any consistent information on a good garg thrower template so I have no idea what would be beneficial or not. I don't even know what min stats I need on my gear.

I'm currently running real skill -
120 Throwing
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Chivalry
100 Spirit Speak
80 Bushido
60 Necromancy

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You going in wraith form? If so, you only need 20 natty necro to stay in form. Drop some necro, increase spsp for more mana leech.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You going in wraith form? If so, you only need 20 natty necro to stay in form. Drop some necro, increase spsp for more mana leech.
That's an idea. When I made the char I was thinking I wanted 100% chance of casting wraith form but I could temp swap on some jewelry if needed.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Just an FYI, it takes 210+ stamina, and 55 SSI to get to 1.25 with a soul glaive.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I gave up trying to reach the 1.25 swing speed with a soul glaive. I'm at 200 stam and 50 ssi. I run no ssi on my weapons.

Felipovisk

Adventurer
I gave up trying to reach the 1.25 swing speed with a soul glaive. I'm at 200 stam and 50 ssi. I run no ssi on my weapons.
This is my thrower:
1620394839983.png

i dont see a point for me to have 120 chiv, since i dont have 4/6 fc/fcr.
Also i throw at 1.25s all my pieces are stone, and i got 10 stam on every piece.
Before the SSI eppy came out, to reach 210+ stam i used jewels with 4 stam and M&S glasses. Used to run 10 ssi on both jewels.
Nowadays with the SSI eppys, i use the khal ankhur pendant, ozy apron and M&S glasses, and only n1 jewel with 10 ssi. Also not using cameo, cause i dont need the 5 SSI.

For weapons, all my weapons runs 30 SSI and 25 DI. i couldnt find a big reason to not have SSI or DI on weapons since it makes easier to put a suit together and to find good jewels.

For me, there is a sea of SSI for throwers, since u dont drop it from glaive.

Cork

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For weapons, all my weapons runs 30 SSI and 25 DI. i couldnt find a big reason to not have SSI or DI on weapons since it makes easier to put a suit together and to find good jewels.

For me, there is a sea of SSI for throwers, since u dont drop it from glaive.
Dropping SSI on the weapon allows you have higher leeches so there is a benefit. But I agree it's much more convenient having SSI on the weapon. I'm still in the process of trying to get stone gear with the right stats. Once I can get 10 stam on all stone pieces I will rework my char.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from Lower Mana Cost - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

"Publish 81 introduced Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost. Each piece of non-medable armor will provide LMC with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor (up to five pieces) will provide a small percentage of LMC, which is not subject to the item property LMC cap of 40% and is neither shown on the item itself. The armor pieces which provide the most LMC will take priority (see list below):
  • Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of LMC per piece
  • Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of LMC per piece
  • Medable and woodland armor provides no inherent LMC.
Thus, as of Publish 81, a character covered in 5 pieces of studded leather can reach an total 55% LMC."

Essentially, if you can spare the 250k fee per item, remove it if you want the potential of an extra 15% LMC. On a more casual playstyle basis, you probably won't notice the difference too much.
@WonDumBaldGuy
This was posted by @Akiho in reply to my same question and gives you all the details