• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thrower and Mage Armor suit pieces

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working on my first Thrower and some of the Legendary pieces have Mage Armor on them. Should I remove the Mage Armor property, or does it even matter?

Thanks

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Taken from Lower Mana Cost - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

"Publish 81 introduced Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost. Each piece of non-medable armor will provide LMC with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor (up to five pieces) will provide a small percentage of LMC, which is not subject to the item property LMC cap of 40% and is neither shown on the item itself. The armor pieces which provide the most LMC will take priority (see list below):
  • Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of LMC per piece
  • Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of LMC per piece
  • Medable and woodland armor provides no inherent LMC.
Thus, as of Publish 81, a character covered in 5 pieces of studded leather can reach an total 55% LMC."

Essentially, if you can spare the 250k fee per item, remove it if you want the potential of an extra 15% LMC. On a more casual playstyle basis, you probably won't notice the difference too much.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taken from Lower Mana Cost - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

"Publish 81 introduced Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost. Each piece of non-medable armor will provide LMC with the exception of woodland armor. Each piece of armor (up to five pieces) will provide a small percentage of LMC, which is not subject to the item property LMC cap of 40% and is neither shown on the item itself. The armor pieces which provide the most LMC will take priority (see list below):
  • Studded leather, hide armor, stone armor and bone armor provides 3% of LMC per piece
  • Platemail, ringmail, chainmail, and dragon armor provides 1% of LMC per piece
  • Medable and woodland armor provides no inherent LMC.
Thus, as of Publish 81, a character covered in 5 pieces of studded leather can reach an total 55% LMC."

Essentially, if you can spare the 250k fee per item, remove it if you want the potential of an extra 15% LMC. On a more casual playstyle basis, you probably won't notice the difference too much.
Thanks @Akiho That made a big difference in the LMC:thumbsup:

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
To the extent possible, I try to use as much stone pieces as I can find for my Thrower in order to get the LMC bonus. Well worth it if you can find the right pieces.