• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Publish 110 on Test Center

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Maybe put it on a surface that doesn't make it blend into the background? It's very difficult to see.

Here's what it looks like on a CC paperdoll

1614816489226.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1614816857908.png

The shield looks nice in the EC.

I look like I"m wearing the Sorting Hat from Hogwarts :/

And I have no fingers on my right hand....and my blue shirt that I am wearing under the robe sticks out...

but the shield looks nice.....*sighs*

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Decent artwork on the shield imo..

I love the Soulstone vessel though. It looks a little like what I thought the hunt on Chessy was going to be for... *sighs* I was disappointed when I read the full thread... :confused:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Art work is awesome, except not for a mage imo.
Depends on the mage honestly. I have a necro/mage who always rp'd evil.. so it would fit for him. He would likely try to pawn it off as a skull of his ex wife or something...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm amazed that noone has brought up the fact that Hook's Shield is a Mage Shield with 10% SDI. Only obtainable Shield-slot item in game with SDI.
Hook's Shield.PNG

I remember back on Napa, there used to be this Buckler shield locked down in Lord British's Throne Room named "Moiety", and it had SC/FCR 6/50% SDI. Everyone drooled over it.
Edit: In fact, it's still there.
Moiety.PNG

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Have you tested the vessel? No one seems to have soulstones on TC to test it. The gump is really small when you open it...I can't see 20 full size soulstones in there....very curious how that works.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm amazed that noone has brought up the fact that Hook's Shield is a Mage Shield with 10% SDI. Only obtainable Shield-slot item in game with SDI.
View attachment 117276

I remember back on Napa, there used to be this Buckler shield locked down in Lord British's Throne Room named "Moiety", and it had SC/FCR 3/50% SDI. Everyone drooled over it.

o.0
Must have for my sdi ho Mage/SW/Tamer.. would be that way even without the FC

(Moiety is still there on Atlantic, I go drool over it ever couple of weeks or so)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not impressed with the book strap AT ALL. It doesn't reduce the item count, AND you can't cast spells if your spellbook is inside it.
So if you can't cast spells while the book is inside the straps and the spell books themselves are blessed then what good is it same I would guess would apply to the rune book one also.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if you can't cast spells while the book is inside the straps and the spell books themselves are blessed then what good is it same I would guess would apply to the rune book one also.
The description says you should be able to cast with books in the strap. This is likely a bug that needs to be fixed.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
View attachment 117276

I remember back on Napa, there used to be this Buckler shield locked down in Lord British's Throne Room named "Moiety", and it had SC/FCR 6/50% SDI. Everyone drooled over it.
Edit: In fact, it's still there.
View attachment 117277
It´s also at the Lycaeum. At least on Siege...

Moiety.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The description says you should be able to cast with books in the strap. This is likely a bug that needs to be fixed.
You can but, as always you need the spell in your hand or Backpack. Its just a book holder.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You can but, as always you need the spell in your hand or Backpack. Its just a book holder.
Hopefully they resolve the issue. Reading the Pub Notes it does not seem to be working as intended.. Untitled.jpg

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1614824225540.png

For me, it only has the 10SDI. I like the shield I have. I use almost every stat.
I do not need the resists DCI or FC.

Might get some for NOOB mages I make.

Hopefully they resolve the issue. Reading the Pub Notes it does not seem to be working as intended.. View attachment 117280
That is not working. I noticed it immediately. I reported it in the TC area. Thanks

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That is not working. I noticed it immediately.
Question for on this one (trying to get free so I can hit TC but it's not looking doable today)...

When you tried did you have any other spellbook in your hand or a weapon? I know at times I am using a Slayer book in my hand and the book with the spells is in my pack... was thinking maybe there was some sort of issue where if you had something in the spellbook hand it would not allow the spellbook in the strap to work.

Just thinking outloud lol

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Question for on this one (trying to get free so I can hit TC but it's not looking doable today)...

When you tried did you have any other spellbook in your hand or a weapon? I know at times I am using a Slayer book in my hand and the book with the spells is in my pack... was thinking maybe there was some sort of issue where if you had something in the spellbook hand it would not allow the spellbook in the strap to work.

Just thinking outloud lol
I only have 1 spell book on my toon. I took it out of hand and put it in the strap. Could not cast spells. Got msg I dont know that spell.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Pirate Chest has 2 looks by design. You change the look by opening (dbl Clk). You can have the chest look or the Treasure look.

1614825045323.png

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I only have 1 spell book on my toon. I took it out of hand and put it in the strap. Could not cast spells. Got msg I dont know that spell.
Did your spell book have properties on it and did you keep those properties with it in the book bag.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
1614826104446.png

Dyed chest...not bad.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will be watching.

Jiminey Christmas L, how many hats are you wearing now?:ymca:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 117279

For me, it only has the 10SDI. I like the shield I have. I use almost every stat.
I do not need the resists DCI or FC.

Might get some for NOOB mages I make.
The FC 1 along with the SC is very nice. Helps SWers hit that 4 FC Cap. Only three other shields have +1 FC along with SC. Arcane Shield, Chaos Shield (Vesper Museum), and Hephaestus.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The FC 1 along with the SC is very nice. Helps SWers hit that 4 FC Cap. Only three other shields have +1 FC along with SC. Arcane Shield, Chaos Shield (Vesper Museum), and Hephaestus.
Yeah, I like the FC 1 because I'll be swapping out a Hephaestus for these on a few toons. Really pleased to see a decent shield that has SDI. Wish it was a lantern or 'potion' graphic or something mage-y, but happy with the stats for sure.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't use those either. I use protection. My mystic is a thrower so no shield.

Gargs can equip the shield.

Will you still have to equip the slayer ones to use them.
Yes.

In CC.
Also. if you have a book in hand and equip last from the bag. The one in hand goes to Backpack, then if you switch back, the one from strap goes in backpack.

So you can not switch them from the strap. When you switch them they go in backpack.

Maybe EC weapon macros will work from it, I dont know.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Will be watching.

Jiminey Christmas L, how many hats are you wearing now?:ymca:
Actually I went to Atlantic when I heard about this and bought all the decent price Mace and shield, Prismatic, and Spectors. So I will transmogrify as many as I can to wear at different times of the year,

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't use those either. I use protection. My mystic is a thrower so no shield.

Gargs can equip the shield.

Yes.

In CC.
Also. if you have a book in hand and equip last from the bag. The one in hand goes to Backpack, then if you switch back, the one from strap goes in backpack.

So you can not switch them from the strap. When you switch them they go in backpack.

So what real use are they besides the DEVs trying to come up with a Vet Reward that IMHO few will ever use much less ever need.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

:sad4:

That makes the straps fairly worthless as it doesn't cater to the reason mages carry a crapton of books in the first place.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That makes the straps fairly worthless as it doesn't cater to the reason mages carry a crapton of books in the first place.
I dunno, I mean I carry a crapton of spellbooks... but I rarely use a swap with last macro for them. I carry most of them because I don't want to recall home to swap book for the next place I hit. The last time I did that was in the Ice event. Kept swapping from a Snow Ele Scrappers to an Ice Slayer invasion book. Other than that most of the areas I hunt are single slayer type areas.

With the strap I would keep the 2 I was swapping from during that event or whatever and keep the rest in the strap.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dunno, I mean I carry a crapton of spellbooks... but I rarely use a swap with last macro for them. I carry most of them because I don't want to recall home to swap book for the next place I hit. The last time I did that was in the Ice event. Kept swapping from a Snow Ele Scrappers to an Ice Slayer invasion book. Other than that most of the areas I hunt are single slayer type areas.

With the strap I would keep the 2 I was swapping from during that event or whatever and keep the rest in the strap.
Here is my normal BP.
1614830199521.png

When I use multiple spell books it is usually 2. But when I die the macro resets and I have to search for the books here anyway. So I try to just use 1 book at a time. When I swap the books, it goes into a random spot usually in the pile of clickies and I cant find them.
That other BP has 40 items in it. A few more runebooks that get put in the main BP when I die.

Basically only the runebook one would benefit me. But I doubt I'd spend a vet reward on it.

I need a personal assistant instead.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also these straps do not reduce the item count. I guess they could not because you can remove the books and put in your pack.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
The Pirate Chest has 2 looks by design. You change the look by opening (dbl Clk). You can have the chest look or the Treasure look.

View attachment 117281

I don't like the art work on this chest. Which is a little surprising because lately the art has been on the up and up . This looks like they tried too hard to craft all the details and it wouldn't work on a more rounded chest . So they had to use this wierd looking design.
Does it bother anyone else ?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix @Bleak The book straps would be a lot better suited as something to be locked down in a house that would store your runebooks and spellbooks, and only count as 1 lockdown (with hopefully the capacity to hold 300 books, AND sortable). THAT would be a solid use of a vet reward! As it is now, I really can't see many people bothering with them. Even if the problem with the casting is fixed.