• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scary?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the lastest newsletter:

Also included in Publish 110 are a couple of critical bug fixes. One of the players on Sonoma was kind enough to give steps on the current pet exploit that has been reported. I am giving everyone advanced notice, the steps were confirmed, and if you have a pet that is now considered illegal, when Publish 110 is deployed to your shard that pet will be reverted. All creatures have a default range for each stat. When the fix is published, illegal pets will be adjusted so illegal stats will be randomly assigned based on the default range for that stat. Illegal pets will keep their skill training and all the scrolls you have applied to them. This only applies to pets with illegal stats.

What was seen on Sonoma?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't see it as scary.. I see it as a good thing. Most of the ones done by the exploit are rather obvious.

Granted some less knowledgeable folks likely got taken advantage of, which I why I try to tell folks only purchase from reputable folks.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Someone gave detailed step by step instructions on how to do it.

AirFluff

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They already tried this and failed. I don’t know why they would succeed now.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, the current pet stat exploit is basically just the old pet stat exploit, with a few additional steps. The "patch" for the last exploit was fairly lazy, it made it to where releasing a pet would dispel any buffs/debuffs off of it. However, the loophole for this is when a pet decides to go wild, it still retains the buffs/debuffs on it.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I see this patch ending badly some special pet is going to jump slots or be changed permanently.
I also saw no mention of rideable ossein rams and frost mites. :spider:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So they are not going to change anything but the illegal stat on the pet so are they going to let you go back into pet training mode and give you points back to fix the stats that they just dropped down.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So they are not going to change anything but the illegal stat on the pet so are they going to let you go back into pet training mode and give you points back to fix the stats that they just dropped down.
If they fixed the bug that let players get an illegal stat. You can't train it back to that stat.
Reverted pets do not get training points back.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they fixed the bug that let players get an illegal stat. You can't train it back to that stat.
Reverted pets do not get training points back.
I am not saying train that stat back to what it was but when training stats you have a max points allowed and if a stat is way over capped then you have hit the max allowed Stat Intensity Cap: XXXX / 3300 and Attribute Intensity Cap: XXXX / 2300 I understand that you didn't change any Stat/Attribute because of the over cap but now you lose the over cap so IMHO your pet is worthless because of all the base line Stats on a fully trained 5 slot pet.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am not saying train that stat back to what it was but when training stats you have a max points allowed and if a stat is way over capped then you have hit the max allowed Stat Intensity Cap: XXXX / 3300 and Attribute Intensity Cap: XXXX / 2300 I understand that you didn't change any Stat/Attribute because of the over cap but now you lose the over cap so IMHO your pet is worthless because of all the base line Stats on a fully trained 5 slot pet.
The way they did the last deal is they also seemed to apply an 'Overall Intensity Cap' as well. So the folks who had every possible 120 on them found themselves with low hp fully scrolled pets. So yeah they were basically worthless.. that is the penalty for doing a pet that way. Sucks to be a buyer of one (as I have seen some of them go for insane gold), but fools and their money almost always take a beating.

Wharton

Adventurer
Is there an easy way to see which pets are not legal? I have purchased some from the magincia stables area and hope they are all OK. Would be nice to know if the pet I am looking at for purchase is leagal or not.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Is there an easy way to see which pets are not legal? I have purchased some from the magincia stables area and hope they are all OK. Would be nice to know if the pet I am looking at for purchase is leagal or not.
Basically anything that is overpowered. If you see almost any high end pet that is maxed out to the gills (max hp's/mana/intel), 120's out the wazoo etc it is a safe bet it was an exploit. I mean there are Shadow Wryms running around with 120's and special moves on them and they spawn as a level 5. They were being sold as 'pre-patch' :rolleyes:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This may be based on a post from Mervyns buddy Yoshi.

It was a 1 slot Lesser Hiryu with over 2000HP.

Hopefully they can recognize that without effecting other pets that have over cap stats at tame. Or a PP WW.
Death to Flappys!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
source: NLS Newsletter #6

I wonder if they will be able to find a lot of the 90--99% intensity pets that were also exploited.
I am sure some slot dropped a pet, put it near max stats and then pressed the red diamond. How would the game determine this?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This may be based on a post from Mervyns buddy Yoshi.

It was a 1 slot Lesser Hiryu with over 2000HP.
Yep, i've seen a Lesser Hiryu similar to that on Atlantic. Even took screenshots of it. That's a 1 slot Lesser Hiryu with 1,165 Health and below spawn-level skills. Wouldn't be surprised if he tried to sell it as a "pre-patch". :rolleyes:
Bugged C@K LHiryu 1.PNG Bugged C@K LHiryu 2.PNG Bugged C@K LHiryu 3.PNG

I'm gonna laugh my ass off hard at the dude i saw in Yomotsu Mines with a severely stat exploited Bane Dragon that had full 120s on it. There goes 2 Plat down the toilet when they revert that pet.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't see it as scary.. I see it as a good thing. Most of the ones done by the exploit are rather obvious.

Granted some less knowledgeable folks likely got taken advantage of, which I why I try to tell folks only purchase from reputable folks.
I am pretty sure I do not have any exploited pets. There are only 3 that I own that I did not tame myself, and their stats are nothing exceptional. Still, I do see this is scary. I have very little trust in the dev team's ability to carry something like that out without major bugs. We all know how much effort they devote to QA. If they screw up my fully scrolled Cu or a lesser Hiryi, it will cost me a lot to replace it. But if they screw up my Bane Dragon, well those are effectively irreplaceable these days. So, yeah, anytime this team goes bug fixing, I am very scared.

Pseudodragon

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I am scared too and not for having bugged pets, which i dont, but because i dont wanna see my fully scrolled PP pups screwed up :(

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I am pretty sure I do not have any exploited pets. There are only 3 that I own that I did not tame myself, and their stats are nothing exceptional. Still, I do see this is scary. I have very little trust in the dev team's ability to carry something like that out without major bugs. We all know how much effort they devote to QA. If they screw up my fully scrolled Cu or a lesser Hiryi, it will cost me a lot to replace it. But if they screw up my Bane Dragon, well those are effectively irreplaceable these days. So, yeah, anytime this team goes bug fixing, I am very scared.
This is not the first time the Devs have done this though. Sure, I was apprehensive the first time they did this type of thing but it seemed to have went pretty well. There were no massive issues with people losing true pre-patch pets etc. I suspect the only thing they will do is que up that same code and deploy it.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is not the first time the Devs have done this though. Sure, I was apprehensive the first time they did this type of thing but it seemed to have went pretty well. There were no massive issues with people losing true pre-patch pets etc. I suspect the only thing they will do is que up that same code and deploy it.
Did not they bork some legit pets in the process too? I recall some discussions on the forums at the time.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I remember the discussions but I do not recall any issue of a legit pp being goofed up. I do remember a lot of folks who thought their pets were legit who got popped.. but from what I recall most of them had purchased those pets from others who actually took advantage of the exploit.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember the discussions but I do not recall any issue of a legit pp being goofed up. I do remember a lot of folks who thought their pets were legit who got popped.. but from what I recall most of them had purchased those pets from others who actually took advantage of the exploit.
The first revert and fix caused Hiryus and Cus that did not have the button pushed after pub 97 to stay at 4 slots. But we were able to release and retame them to get them to 3 slots. Then the next fix caused release and retame not to work. So tell all the 4 slot Cus and Hiryus they were not affected Also old fire and giant beetles stay 3 slot. Legit pets were affected by the devs fixes.