• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Pet Training A-Z

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Fixed some of the links, the training guides are apparently gone. So if anyone can point me in the direction of new player written training guides ill update them.

Kallath

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Discordance training works great at the Acid Slugs in the Abyss Dungeon. You can send the pet on the bottom with the slimes and have it guard you. You then move and stand overtop on the ledge. You do not get hit by the slimes and as long as you put on Consume Damage, the pet wont lose much health. I have used this tactic a few times for disco cu's after training their wrestling, etc.

For anyone who doesn't know (which I am sure there aren't many), discord cu's with a pure mage/Spell weaving with as much SDI as you can get is insane (PM me if you want to know specifics). The pet is effectively your tank with discordance (must be 120) and you just bomb any mob. This build is great for Cu farming, just about any solo farming to include Lady Mel who is easily solo able with this spec/cu combo.

ChaserR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Colleagues, I have a small problem. My Сu Dog doesn't want to use chivalry, the skill doesn't grow. All skills are trained almost to the maximum, but the chivalry remains 40. Tried to train on vortex. shadow and blood elem., riktor spawn but all in vain. Can someone tell me what else to try

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Colleagues, I have a small problem. My Сu Dog doesn't want to use chivalry, the skill doesn't grow. All skills are trained almost to the maximum, but the chivalry remains 40. Tried to train on vortex. shadow and blood elem., riktor spawn but all in vain. Can someone tell me what else to try
Did you put another magic on?

Show a pic of the two lore and knowledge screens.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poisoning is a magic. It removed chivalry. Pets can only have 1 active magic.
The lore and knowledge screen in black tells you what the pet can do. Notice that chivalry is not there.

Time to make another one. :)

ChaserR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Poisoning is a magic. It removed chivalry. Pets can only have 1 active magic.
The lore and knowledge screen in black tells you what the pet can do. Notice that chivalry is not there.

Time to make another one. :)
1611134038854.png
that is, poisons do not work on this build ? why did train poisoning ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 115586
that is, poisons do not work on this build ? why did train poisoning ?
The lore and knowledge screen in red shows what you added. You said you added poison. But when you added Chivalry the poison stopped gaining.

Repel is a horrible skill to put on a pet.

ChaserR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The lore and knowledge screen in red shows what you added. You said you added poison. But when you added Chivalry the poison stopped gaining.

Repel is a horrible skill to put on a pet.
So in order to train a poison and chivalri, i must first train the poison, then add chivalri and train it, right?
Why repel is horrible, it is advised for hiking to the roof :rolleyes:
Which build of cu sidhe u using on the roof with char-bard?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So in order to train a poison and chivalri, i must first train the poison, then add chivalri and train it, right?
Why repel is horrible, it is advised for hiking to the roof :rolleyes:
Which build of cu sidhe u using on the roof with char-bard?
You can not have 2 active magics on a pet. Posion is a magic. So when you choose a different magic the other one goes away.

AI/Chiv on a pet does the most damage. Repel does not last very long so it may trigger and the pet take no damage.

ChaserR

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You can not have 2 active magics on a pet. Posion is a magic. So when you choose a different magic the other one goes away.

AI/Chiv on a pet does the most damage. Repel does not last very long so it may trigger and the pet take no damage.
This build was advised to go to the roof, can you advise something?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Start over and make an AI/Chiv pet. They do the most single target damage.

Choose the ability and magic in the last round.

cosariberry2

Adventurer
Governor
UNLEASHED
This is a very thorough and a great write-up that I am frequently consulting. I do have a few questions though:

1. Is there any solid advice on training pets with stats/attributes below 125 to get to 125 first before standard training and points application? UO-CAH says that you can train up to 125 in stat/attributes for free but I can't find any info on how to do this. I've had some pets gain but then stop short of 125 and I can't get them to gain again.

2. Does anyone have any info on training a Sakkhran Bird of Prey? I can't find any info on them online beyond they are a vanity mount that start at 1 slot and can be trained to 3 slot. They look like hiryus/lesser hiryus and have the same damage type as hiryus/lessers but not sure if they can also have bushido naturally or if they have to be opened on the tokuno islands to gain bushido. What about other magic/special abilities?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a very thorough and a great write-up that I am frequently consulting. I do have a few questions though:

1. Is there any solid advice on training pets with stats/attributes below 125 to get to 125 first before standard training and points application? UO-CAH says that you can train up to 125 in stat/attributes for free but I can't find any info on how to do this. I've had some pets gain but then stop short of 125 and I can't get them to gain again.

2. Does anyone have any info on training a Sakkhran Bird of Prey? I can't find any info on them online beyond they are a vanity mount that start at 1 slot and can be trained to 3 slot. They look like hiryus/lesser hiryus and have the same damage type as hiryus/lessers but not sure if they can also have bushido naturally or if they have to be opened on the tokuno islands to gain bushido. What about other magic/special abilities?
1. Shadow eles raise stamina and dex. Also sitting on a ship with soulbinders aggroed on the pet raises them.

2. That bird only goes to 3 slots and you wont get max damage. So only a few players train them.

apogipinoy

Visitor
I trained a Less Hiryu that was lurking behind Yukio because her guards weren't doing anything to protect her lol

The Lesser Hiryu is rated just below 70 and I'm curious if anyone has any recommendation on builds for this pet? It comes with Grasping Claw and Dismount. I was thinking of putting Bushido on it, and maybe Armor Ignore?

A few questions I'm hoping all y'all vet's can help a 10-month old player out with :)
  1. Would adding Bushido and FWW be redundant, given Whirlwind Attack comes with Bushido? I'm not sure I understand the difference, after reading the Uo-cah descriptions, other than FWW puts Ninjitsu on your pet (which I'm wary of having to build, alongside Bushido)
  2. Would Chiv/AI + FWW be better? I have a triton with Chvi/AI + Explosive Goo. I like it but can't mount it :p
Thanks in advance!!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I trained a Less Hiryu that was lurking behind Yukio because her guards weren't doing anything to protect her lol

The Lesser Hiryu is rated just below 70 and I'm curious if anyone has any recommendation on builds for this pet? It comes with Grasping Claw and Dismount. I was thinking of putting Bushido on it, and maybe Armor Ignore?

A few questions I'm hoping all y'all vet's can help a 10-month old player out with :)
  1. Would adding Bushido and FWW be redundant, given Whirlwind Attack comes with Bushido? I'm not sure I understand the difference, after reading the Uo-cah descriptions, other than FWW puts Ninjitsu on your pet (which I'm wary of having to build, alongside Bushido)
  2. Would Chiv/AI + FWW be better? I have a triton with Chvi/AI + Explosive Goo. I like it but can't mount it :p
Thanks in advance!!

That will get a single magic one. Like AI/Chiv etc.

Because they have grasping claw they can not get 2 other specials. No AI/FWW/Chiv on a Hiryu.
Tritons are what we wish Hiryus were.

For FWW and Chiv you need 700 more points so you would have to add the FWW in round 3 then Chiv in round 4.

They do 100% physical damage so they are not as popular as other pets because most Mobs have high phy resist.

Also it will be no where near the Triton. Healing makes a huge difference in pet survival.

apogipinoy

Visitor
Awesome! yea, that healing on Triton's and Cu's is amazing, together with Consume makes those pets near invincible.

What about, instead of using Chivalry, use Bushido (which has a Whirlwind attack) and then adding AI, so you have Bushido/AI/GraspingClaw/Dismount? If I read correctly, Grasping Claw reduces physical resist, then AI would reduce resists even more. I'm not sure if Bushido on pets is mostly used for defensive purposes, or if the offensive attacks like Whirlwind and lightning strike are worth using.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awesome! yea, that healing on Triton's and Cu's is amazing, together with Consume makes those pets near invincible.

What about, instead of using Chivalry, use Bushido (which has a Whirlwind attack) and then adding AI, so you have Bushido/AI/GraspingClaw/Dismount? If I read correctly, Grasping Claw reduces physical resist, then AI would reduce resists even more. I'm not sure if Bushido on pets is mostly used for defensive purposes, or if the offensive attacks like Whirlwind and lightning strike are worth using.
A Bushido pet is tanky but AI/Chiv does the most damage. If you run consume you should go for killing fast.

But Lessers are disposable pets, make one of everything and try them out. I have one with each magic.

Amamos

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
This is a very nice write up - thank you.

A little something I would like to mention. If, for whatever reason, you want to train up a lowly pet like a ferret, squirrel, chicken, horse, etc - I do suggest training stats the old way first. Each stat will train to 125 (raising HP, stam, and mana along the way), which is that many less points you need to spend when it comes time for slot training. And on those pets, you only get one or two training sessions, so those points can matter.
Please, anyone knows if we can train stats to 125 even after starting advanced training?

I'm training a pet with lower than 125 stamina/dex, but the stat is raising sooo slowly.

I would like to start advanced training right now to get HP regen, resists, etc., leaving points to do the stamina cap on last round.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please, anyone knows if we can train stats to 125 even after starting advanced training?

I'm training a pet with lower than 125 stamina/dex, but the stat is raising sooo slowly.

I would like to start advanced training right now to get HP regen, resists, etc., leaving points to do the stamina cap on last round.

Is that possible?

Thanks!
Yes you can do that. But many players forget to go back and raise them to 150 later.

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Is that possible?

Thanks!
Stats are trained fast when one of linked skills will reach 100.
Focus, med or resists are good for this.