• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ideal Sampire Build for Champ Spawns

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
@Merlin

I agree that double slayer seems like overkill, but on waves 3 and 4 of some spawns I wonder if the damage boost is worth it.

I did a calc and estimated that you'd see ~30 more damage to normal mobs with a double axe. (assumptions below)

I'm trying to get in and out as fast as I can, so getting everything as close to 1 hit kill as I can would be awesome.

1601520296147.png

Zorminius

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ill jump in here,

iam running my samp since years and all my warriors (except pvp) are running 120 chiv to benefit fully from EOO and DF. thats makes a lot of room on the weapons and ensures that i always have max output.

at the moment iam running the following template.

120 Anatomoy / Resist (sometimes i swap it like at neira)
120 Swords
120 Tacs
120 Bush
90 + 30 Chiv (+ 30 on Jewel)
80 + 30 Parry (+ 30 on Jewel)
70 + 29 Necro (+ 29 on Jewel)

Suit is Refined to 75 75 75 75 80

150 HP
190 Stam
85 Mana

45 hci
19 dci (yes i know...)
100 DI
35 SSI which is enough for two handed axes and double axes

Cameos for Slayers

i have no SSI or DI on the Weapons so i can freely choose 5 mods to put on

i can use 100% leech forged weapons and not have to think about which kind of elemental i need due to Consecrate Weapon

works quite OK

planned improvements would be replacing some metal armor parts with studded to get lmc back to 55 (49 atm) but those pieces can get nasty in price.
Would love to see pics of the pieces you are using to fit all that on your build, thanks!

Ninjaface

Visitor
Heyo. What skills/gear would you recommend for a returning player running a Throwing Sampire at Spawns?

I have 15k gold to my name, everything is hella expensive on vendors. Luckily some nice folks set me up with some starter gear. But yea, I can't get into a fancy suit, or weapon, or anything.

Skillwise I'm glad I read this thread, I'm thinking about dumping chiv and using books to recall if needed.

They don't even have any 105 scrolls of power for sale on my server, probably throw the stuff away, and the 110's are 500k and 115-s 500k-x mil, and 120s 5 mil+ - yea will be a while before i get this. So for now thinking

100 throwing (I'm GM'd now)
100 tactics (still training, 75.x)
100 anat (think I'm at 97.x)
100 necro (I'm GM'd)
100 Bushido (Training up, in my 50s now)
100 Resist (really need to work on this one, its like 40s)
? for rest?

I have kind of a hodgepodge of other skills right now, I'm gm spirit speak, could possibly do some weirdo whammy that aoe's spawns til I dump it, dropping healing, dropping focus

I realize I am not killing any bosses, but I'm hoping to do maybe 1st or 2nd level of spawns and hoover up 105's and occasional 110? (i hope? can't remember if I can even get those) and try to get more powerful, earn gold and get better gear.

For throwing weaps soul glaive has the AI (but again I don't think I'm killing bosses any time soon), boomerang has Mystic arc which is an aoe but I don't yet have a Hit Area aoe or even slayers.

No house yet, of course this means many things, like no skill stones, no storage, etc, basically seeing what I can do with Endless journey before I re-up a sub.

Pretty much just super noob with high but realistic aspirations.

Seeking any throwing sampire advice. Been out of the game a very very long time, used to pvp a lot on other servers and participate in guild wars, harrower and other stuff. So long ago though

thanks

Last edited:

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I’ll save you a small bit of time. EJ accounts don’t get power scrolls, you have to sub to get them as drops in Fel.

In terms of getting on your feet, try to join a guild that does a lot of roof runs. That can be a really good source of gold to start if you get even one or two decent artifact drops.

I assume you are not on Atlantic, but if you are I can give you some stuff to start with.

I never play thrower so I’m not sure if it works for spawns, but spawning is probably not the best place for you till you sub.

Ninjaface

Visitor
hm thanks for the info, maybe i will sub sooner rather than later
any skill point advice for me? so i have a direction to work towards.
i had a garg thrower sampire long time ago seemed pretty good but, game evolution. no idea where they are now

Aestra

Adventurer
Dont take tactics off it's very important to hit. You need resist and a whirlwind weap that has hit x area (depending on spawn type).

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk
I don’t think tactics had any impact on your hit chance ??

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Heyo. What skills/gear would you recommend for a returning player running a Throwing Sampire at Spawns?

I have 15k gold to my name, everything is hella expensive on vendors. Luckily some nice folks set me up with some starter gear. But yea, I can't get into a fancy suit, or weapon, or anything.

Skillwise I'm glad I read this thread, I'm thinking about dumping chiv and using books to recall if needed.

They don't even have any 105 scrolls of power for sale on my server, probably throw the stuff away, and the 110's are 500k and 115-s 500k-x mil, and 120s 5 mil+ - yea will be a while before i get this. So for now thinking

100 throwing (I'm GM'd now)
100 tactics (still training, 75.x)
100 anat (think I'm at 97.x)
100 necro (I'm GM'd)
100 Bushido (Training up, in my 50s now)
100 Resist (really need to work on this one, its like 40s)
? for rest?

I have kind of a hodgepodge of other skills right now, I'm gm spirit speak, could possibly do some weirdo whammy that aoe's spawns til I dump it, dropping healing, dropping focus

I realize I am not killing any bosses, but I'm hoping to do maybe 1st or 2nd level of spawns and hoover up 105's and occasional 110? (i hope? can't remember if I can even get those) and try to get more powerful, earn gold and get better gear.

For throwing weaps soul glaive has the AI (but again I don't think I'm killing bosses any time soon), boomerang has Mystic arc which is an aoe but I don't yet have a Hit Area aoe or even slayers.

No house yet, of course this means many things, like no skill stones, no storage, etc, basically seeing what I can do with Endless journey before I re-up a sub.

Pretty much just super noob with high but realistic aspirations.

Seeking any throwing sampire advice. Been out of the game a very very long time, used to pvp a lot on other servers and participate in guild wars, harrower and other stuff. So long ago though

thanks
Keep in mind, with archery or throwing, you leach back much less life or mana compared to a melee fighter. In my experience, I did not need vamp form to stay alive with any archers/throwers I tried it with. I found it to not be a great use of skill points. Especially if you're a thrower, you will have a free hand to use potions for heal / cure. Skills for a true melee sampire would look something like Swordsmanship / Tactics / Necromancy / Bushido / Parrying / Resist Spells / Chivalry. Some people will substitute Anatomy for Chivalry or Resist Spells.

On the other hand, if you want to keep necro and add spirit speak make a wraith thrower build - you can leach back a tremendous amount of mana and be able to chain Armor Ignore. However, that's a different build from a sampire.

I don’t think tactics had any impact on your hit chance ??
It Doesn't.

I play EC, and toggling the paper doll does not aggro the spawn....what am I missing here?
Setup a quick macro for opening and closing your paper doll and do it while running around. You will definitely aggro mobs onto yourself.

Ninjaface

Visitor
couple updates
have a source of money now, joined the deceit drop mayhem and traded a drop for a 110 throwing scroll of power and some insurance money, have a couple more drops now i think i can trade for stuff.
what stuff should i make a priority for a thrower sampire?

i seem to die pretty fast to the tougher stuff in deceit, anything with magic just smokes me unless i can get it 1v1, and even then the tougher stuff will smoke me anyway, luckily my ping is good. resist still in training, ill need to drop something to raise it. plus it doesn't help in vamp form my armor only gives like 49 fire res.
my whole suit is pretty much a mess, but i don't have much i can replace it with.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
couple updates
have a source of money now, joined the deceit drop mayhem and traded a drop for a 110 throwing scroll of power and some insurance money, have a couple more drops now i think i can trade for stuff.
what stuff should i make a priority for a thrower sampire?

i seem to die pretty fast to the tougher stuff in deceit, anything with magic just smokes me unless i can get it 1v1, and even then the tougher stuff will smoke me anyway, luckily my ping is good. resist still in training, ill need to drop something to raise it. plus it doesn't help in vamp form my armor only gives like 49 fire res.
my whole suit is pretty much a mess, but i don't have much i can replace it with.
For suit items, you may want to find out when they occur and participate in, EM events and Scalis The Enforcer, the big lobster that hits like a 40 to truck. Sampire will not work on him since he has corrupt life and it will hurt you. But you can wait the Scalis and loot the corpe when it becomes public, and get some decent loot that way. Also Do participate in EM events, make sure you heal others since this is participation that counts, and you may get an EM item that sells tor upwards from 100-200 M, if that happens make sure you insure it immediately, and also loot the boss's corpse when it becomes public. Then you may be surprised with the armor/stuff you get this way. Find out when fabled net tosses happen, and loot all the time, esp Scalis.
Another way if you got the time, you can develop another character such as mystic/spellweaver to do T-Maps, etc. T-Maps may have some decent items for suit building on occasion, and also possibly items you can sell.
Last and possibly the best way is to get together with guild that does the Roof, and there are some decent stuff to loot there.
Lastly lastly..when it works, VS is your friend. Just don't get ripped off, and only hunt for bargains on VS, some decent stuff there too. You need to upgrade your armor to at least all 70's resists, plus the rest that makes up a fightable Sampire.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Also, when you do spawns, have a friend that you trust, that he takes the function of "protector" and make sure he protects you, and re-protects you after you die eache time when he rezzes you. So you guys get more scrolls. While you doing the spawn, and esp close to the end when the Boss spawns, if you see any "helping guys" there, esp. in Atl, you can count that they are there to get you. Usually its just one player with two toons one the will "help" you drop the boss, and either towards the end or after the boss drops and the scrolls are in your pack, his "other" character in the form of a white tiger will flash right next to you and steal your stuff, possibly kill you. The other character will conveniently disappear. The white tiger is a ninja mastery form with high dci. Your stuff will be in his pack now. If you manage to kill him, make sure you loot his corpse and quickly make it out of there. Don't use the black gait..His other char is waiting for you in the star room. Exit the spawn area fast, and then try to run away from there is you can. If you have managed to kill the thief, you will not be able to teleport, recall etc. so you try to wait for the timer to end, I think its 5 minutes or so. Its good not to be on foot so you can run fast. Remember to always loot the thief's carcass, since your scrolls/items are in there. Also if there is only one exit from the area, you can count that he is waiting for you there, first, he will try to get you again, then he will try to get to his corpse. So by thinking ahead and having some strategy, you may walk out of there with some PS, and if you get the wrestling one you made good $$. Another scenario is direct PK, when two reds will get you, almost always. The usually work in teams. Possibly can be outsmarted out-fought but don't count on it.
Good thing is PKs are not always there, but they are there enough times, lol. So you may get killed, so what? Frankly I find the thieves 10 times more dangerous esp. the good ones. Heck in Deceit, I get killed at least 2-3 times per hour when I miss a paragon hehe. Spawning in Fel, probably died only 2x altogether.
With spawns you gan make some decent $$ depending on what PS you catch, quickly. Its fun, a little adrenaline but awesome with sampire, or even some tamer templates, esp if your pet is a surprise to the PK/Thief pet! (Something there is no way to get away from, and nearly 95-98% killing even the best geared PK - hint something that is lightning fast, has massive firepower, renders PK unable to heal fast enough, and has no slayer against it, and will kill the PK even after he has killed you.) But of course would much rather use a sampire and not a tamer any day of the week.
The more spawns you do the more you will learn the tricks of the trade.
But first, would try to get all resists to 70's at least, get HCI and DCI and SSI to speed, also damage to max, and get a set of slayer weapons, and you are on your way.
There is a thread in here by a nice player "Rags to Riches". He wrote it a few yrs back, very useful, he left the game, now I was happy to see him come back possibly ATL.
Good luck, and happy hunting!

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Also, when you do spawns, have a friend that you trust, that he takes the function of "protector" and make sure he protects you, and re-protects you after you die eache time when he rezzes you. So you guys get more scrolls. While you doing the spawn, and esp close to the end when the Boss spawns, if you see any "helping guys" there, esp. in Atl, you can count that they are there to get you. Usually its just one player with two toons one the will "help" you drop the boss, and either towards the end or after the boss drops and the scrolls are in your pack, his "other" character in the form of a white tiger will flash right next to you and steal your stuff, possibly kill you. The other character will conveniently disappear. The white tiger is a ninja mastery form with high dci. Your stuff will be in his pack now. If you manage to kill him, make sure you loot his corpse and quickly make it out of there. Don't use the black gait..His other char is waiting for you in the star room. Exit the spawn area fast, and then try to run away from there is you can. If you have managed to kill the thief, you will not be able to teleport, recall etc. so you try to wait for the timer to end, I think its 5 minutes or so. Its good not to be on foot so you can run fast. Remember to always loot the thief's carcass, since your scrolls/items are in there. Also if there is only one exit from the area, you can count that he is waiting for you there, first, he will try to get you again, then he will try to get to his corpse. So by thinking ahead and having some strategy, you may walk out of there with some PS, and if you get the wrestling one you made good $$. Another scenario is direct PK, when two reds will get you, almost always. The usually work in teams. Possibly can be outsmarted out-fought but don't count on it.
Good thing is PKs are not always there, but they are there enough times, lol. So you may get killed, so what? Frankly I find the thieves 10 times more dangerous esp. the good ones. Heck in Deceit, I get killed at least 2-3 times per hour when I miss a paragon hehe. Spawning in Fel, probably died only 2x altogether.
With spawns you gan make some decent $$ depending on what PS you catch, quickly. Its fun, a little adrenaline but awesome with sampire, or even some tamer templates, esp if your pet is a surprise to the PK/Thief pet! (Something there is no way to get away from, and nearly 95-98% killing even the best geared PK - hint something that is lightning fast, has massive firepower, renders PK unable to heal fast enough, and has no slayer against it, and will kill the PK even after he has killed you.) But of course would much rather use a sampire and not a tamer any day of the week.
The more spawns you do the more you will learn the tricks of the trade.
But first, would try to get all resists to 70's at least, get HCI and DCI and SSI to speed, also damage to max, and get a set of slayer weapons, and you are on your way.
There is a thread in here by a nice player "Rags to Riches". He wrote it a few yrs back, very useful, he left the game, now I was happy to see him come back possibly ATL.
Good luck, and happy hunting!

i gotta know, what is this pet you speak of!!! naja with mortal strike/dismount? Phoenix maybe? those were the pets i was considering making as some point

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
i gotta know, what is this pet you speak of!!! naja with mortal strike/dismount? Phoenix maybe? those were the pets i was considering making as some point
Its a secret weapon pet its so idiotically simple it will surprise you. If you really want to know let me know and I will PM you. There is away to kill it, it has susceptibility only one, also dont want the Devs nuke/nerf it. So far it has killed 3 pkers, three different spawns, who raided me, one actually killed me, and the pet caught up with him (I should say her), and killed the Pker after I was dead.:hahaha:
However, doing spawns with a tamer really makes no sense, esp if you plan to do a solo job!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@Tabin Your post in 2016, Rags to Riches from 2016 was an inspiration, and great advice. Thank you for that, and welcome back to UO again, I salute you..

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
@Tabin Your post in 2016, Rags to Riches from 2016 was an inspiration, and great advice. Thank you for that, and welcome back to UO again, I salute you..
Hail! Thanks for the welcome back!! Ive indeed returned and im having a blast. Even started going to fel deceit and helped attack pkers with my sampire. Couldnt have asked for a better time to return.

Also really glad to get those 10ssi epaulettes. I redid my sampire suit just for it.

Gossamer Moonfly

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Its a secret weapon pet its so idiotically simple it will surprise you. If you really want to know let me know and I will PM you. There is away to kill it, it has susceptibility only one, also dont want the Devs nuke/nerf it. So far it has killed 3 pkers, three different spawns, who raided me, one actually killed me, and the pet caught up with him (I should say her), and killed the Pker after I was dead.:hahaha:
However, doing spawns with a tamer really makes no sense, esp if you plan to do a solo job!

Hi Celticus, I'd like to know what this pet is please.