• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Social Distancing - No Guilds

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What if it jumps species and infects your pet? Watch out for virus laden goo spewing in your environment. Better to wear a Leurocian's Mempo than just a pendant of the magi or gorget. Prefer the hooded Hawkwind's Robe if i could run it in a washer with bleach. Wizard's reading glasses need altering to a full face shield, and I'd love heavy duty non-porous no shrink latex free gloves. Forget the hole ridden Minax sandals and wear Anon's Boots! Maybe we can ask the Devs for Tyvek coated Jumu's hide capes, or have the ability to convert out mempos to P100 respirators.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hasn't hit home yet has it... all so hilarious, no really. Not. Good luck. Some stuff is funny. All of the above isn''t No matter how you spin it. Please do not say you are trying to lighten things up. :( People are dead, not ooh I can rez dead.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While you fools were playing UO I bought all the TP in the country and have built a massive real life Keep in a swamp with it.
Well I guess we don’t need to worry about “draining the swamp” any more :grin:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Free games on GOG.com, 4 Ultima games.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had not been to a store in 3 weeks. I was shocked at what is not there yesterday. Dont ppl use TP all the time? Why do you need a years supply? Or does everyone duece at work and now they need it at home. WE still have a few rolls from last shopping trip. Wife found some at a convience store for 1.50 a roll. They were nice and limited them to 2 per customer. Thats what the Stores should have done instead of letting ppl buy 100 rolls.

Went shopping for a new Washer. 4 stores and they were all out of freezers. Guess thats where all the lunch and hamburger meat goes.

Ill be living off Special K, Fruity Pebbles and Popcorn for a while. :) The only meat they had was the expensive steaks. I bought a few of those. Frozen breakfast foods must not be popular. Plenty of frozen waffles etc.

Ppl do some weird stuff.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We had not been to a store in 3 weeks. I was shocked at what is not there yesterday. Dont ppl use TP all the time? Why do you need a years supply? Or does everyone duece at work and now they need it at home. WE still have a few rolls from last shopping trip. Wife found some at a convience store for 1.50 a roll. They were nice and limited them to 2 per customer. Thats what the Stores should have done instead of letting ppl buy 100 rolls.

Went shopping for a new Washer. 4 stores and they were all out of freezers. Guess thats where all the lunch and hamburger meat goes.

Ill be living off Special K, Fruity Pebbles and Popcorn for a while. :) The only meat they had was the expensive steaks. I bought a few of those. Frozen breakfast foods must not be popular. Plenty of frozen waffles etc.

Ppl do some weird stuff.
Been to a few stores the past week. Did find TP today 12roll pack. Frist time in a week was able to get groundbeef. They only allowed 2 items of each. We tend to have a month supply of food anyway dont deal much in can food. The can food was all gone.

One store cash only. A diffent store card only

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Really is crazy what people are doing
Here in Orange County California the stores are all out of tp wipes all other paper products no meat except for $35 per steak lol haven’t haven’t had any protein in over a week no milk
Even other dairy items are all wiped out

We are trying to follow the rules and stay home but every day we have go try and find tp lol the more we leave the great the odds of getting this damn virus and we live in a place called little Saigon as ha

people really need to chill out we not going to run out of anything here in the USA

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saw the usa government thinks it can last up to 18 months. The canada government is closeing the USA/Canada broader besides trade. That has never happened that I know of. Soon people will be selling 1 roll of tp for a plat with shipping.

If you need tp that bad just go to the fast food place and steal there jumbo roll. Lol

Sam Adams

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Saw the usa government thinks it can last up to 18 months. The canada government is closeing the USA/Canada broader besides trade. That has never happened that I know of. Soon people will be selling 1 roll of tp for a plat with shipping.

If you need tp that bad just go to the fast food place and steal there jumbo roll. Lol
This is already happening at rest stops around the country. Awkward imo

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is already happening at rest stops around the country. Awkward imo
I did not know that. So pretty soon they will be handing you the rest room key along with a few squares of tp.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Life Hack: Rent a hotel room and use their toilet paper for the night. Cheaper.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What does the stay at home thing mean exactly? Can ppl like landscapers, swimming pool cleaners, painters, plumbers, etc go out and work? Or are we going to replace this with West Nile Virus if pools turn green and yards are wet marshes. Thanks I do one of those jobs.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does the stay at home thing mean exactly? Can ppl like landscapers, swimming pool cleaners, painters, plumbers, etc go out and work? Or are we going to replace this with West Nile Virus if pools turn green and yards are wet marshes. Thanks I do one of those jobs.
This is how the shelter-in-place rule is going to work in Los Angeles: “Safer At Home”: What You Need to Know | Help prevent the spread of coronavirus in L.A. County. . That list looks very similar to the list for the San Francisco Bay Area's shelter-in-place requirement from earlier in the week.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Tina Small

Thank you! My business stays open when we follow.

Plumbers, electricians, exterminators, custodial/janitorial workers, handyman services, funeral home workers and morticians, moving services, HVAC installers, carpenters, landscapers, gardeners, property managers, private security personnel and other service providers who provide services to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation to properties and other essential activities.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Tina Small

Thank you! My business stays open when we follow.

Plumbers, electricians, exterminators, custodial/janitorial workers, handyman services, funeral home workers and morticians, moving services, HVAC installers, carpenters, landscapers, gardeners, property managers, private security personnel and other service providers who provide services to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation to properties and other essential activities.
There was a small business owner in CA that posted a good vid on Youtube about how "pausing" life needs to be universal and not just business or individual specific. You can't expect people to pause and not expect things like rent or mortgages and such to not pause too. Right now it's up in the air on if people that are affected by the stay at home rules are going to get help paying rent and such. This individual's rent was 12.5k a month and he got his bill yesterday, but his business is not essential and has seen less business.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Really is crazy what people are doing
Here in Orange County California the stores are all out of tp wipes all other paper products no meat except for $35 per steak lol haven’t haven’t had any protein in over a week no milk
Even other dairy items are all wiped out

We are trying to follow the rules and stay home but every day we have go try and find tp lol the more we leave the great the odds of getting this damn virus and we live in a place called little Saigon as ha

people really need to chill out we not going to run out of anything here in the USA
Should I post photos of the 4 grocery stores here and you tell me where you can see anything other than shelving. The locusts hit and keep hitting. Two of the stores are going to enforce limits AND possibly age restrictions to allow seniors to get a shot at stuff. Dunno how that'll work ... but in the meantime <points to sigline>

G'day

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really hope you all are managing ok out by far the worst hit here

Good luck faur
Should I post photos of the 4 grocery stores here and you tell me where you can see anything other than shelving. The locusts hit and keep hitting. Two of the stores are going to enforce limits AND possibly age restrictions to allow seniors to get a shot at stuff. Dunno how that'll work ... but in the meantime <points to sigline>

G'day

I really hope you all are managing ok out there you all have been hit the hardest it seems. No words

Good luck fair well

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

G'day
They done it up here where am at. 8am to 8pm. From 8am to 9am is elder and disability people only. Can buy two loads of bread two chicken and beef products. Two can goods like beans and vegetable. Two cans of canned meat. And one bag of milk and one carton of eggs. Suger and flower as well. Gets depressed when you have to feed your 3 kids and wife. Tonight I had had some bread and butter when they ate. Think I might be loseing 100lbs in the next few months.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Two of the stores are going to enforce limits
The stores should have done that when the first person bought 10 packages of something. Ours have a limit of 2 now for a lot of things. You can get 2 of anything if you go in the morning. By noon the TP is gone. WTF is up with hoarding TP still? They have a Cop with with a vest at the entry and let 20 ppl in at a time. We started the "stay at home" tonight. The Mayor said the Police will not stop ppl driving (they will assume you are supposed to be out) but the heathcare workers, my field and im sure others who are exempt have "tags" to place on vehicles. All the other type stores I went to today have tape on the floor so you stand 6 ft apart in lines.

I follow my normal routine except I have to eat lunch in my pick up. I enjoyed eating fast food indoors with AC and reading the forums at lunch. Wife works from home now. They closed the University today, so they had 1 last opportunity to get anything from their office they need.

Over 2M live in the city, nothing has made the internet so far, everyone is acting decent.

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Can someone tag me when there is news? I'm not following UO too closely, but am interested.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone tag me when there is news? I'm not following UO too closely, but am interested.
Corona Virus news? Happens all the time. Prince Charles tested positive.

Heres a viral video: Oops

In UO news, they broke Navrey holes and can not fix them. So, players are asked to donate theirs to the EM for setting up as public use.

Last edited:

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Corona Virus news? Happens all the time. Prince Charles tested positive.

Heres a viral video: Oops
LOL I must have clicked the wrong thread. Stratics was loading slow for me when posted that. I was referring to whatever news release they said was going to bring some players back.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I think they forgot all about the 'big news' or they put it on hold for a while. They did say March, but I guess it will be later.

mspossi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stores should have done that when the first person bought 10 packages of something. Ours have a limit of 2 now for a lot of things. You can get 2 of anything if you go in the morning. By noon the TP is gone. WTF is up with hoarding TP still? They have a Cop with with a vest at the entry and let 20 ppl in at a time. We started the "stay at home" tonight. The Mayor said the Police will not stop ppl driving (they will assume you are supposed to be out) but the heathcare workers, my field and im sure others who are exempt have "tags" to place on vehicles. All the other type stores I went to today have tape on the floor so you stand 6 ft apart in lines.

I follow my normal routine except I have to eat lunch in my pick up. I enjoyed eating fast food indoors with AC and reading the forums at lunch. Wife works from home now. They closed the University today, so they had 1 last opportunity to get anything from their office they need.

Over 2M live in the city, nothing has made the internet so far, everyone is acting decent.
Hey Pawain, the same thing happens here, today I asked a toll collector a question (is toll essential?) All roads have toll booths working; am I an imbecile?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hey Pawain, the same thing happens here, today I asked a toll collector a question (is toll essential?) All roads have toll booths working; am I an imbecile?
NY Thruway booths are active but no one in them. They take a shot of your license plate and then bill you that way. My only question is - which plate? NY has a front tag, but a lot of out-of-state folks do not. Hmmmm.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I really hope you all are managing ok out by far the worst hit here

Good luck faur

I really hope you all are managing ok out there you all have been hit the hardest it seems. No words

Good luck fair well
My only real issue is that the spare fridge died a few months ago so I have no extra storage. There are about 5 things I need on a regular basis and I stock up on them when I do so. But they are all on the "take dozens of me!" list so the shelves are empty. Cannot seem to get any into the store. I'm also in the high risk group (>65 with underlying medical issues) so I really try to limit store time.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My only real issue is that the spare fridge died a few months ago so I have no extra storage. There are about 5 things I need on a regular basis and I stock up on them when I do so. But they are all on the "take dozens of me!" list so the shelves are empty. Cannot seem to get any into the store. I'm also in the high risk group (>65 with underlying medical issues) so I really try to limit store time.
it’s going to be a very rough ride but stay home as much as you can

I really feel for you the stress has to be surreal

fair well friend

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL I must have clicked the wrong thread. Stratics was loading slow for me when posted that. I was referring to whatever news release they said was going to bring some players back.
That is UO and other EA titles being to Steam this spring or summer.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are having trouble finding food items at the store(s) where you regularly shop, some other sources you should check into are:

1. Community-supported agriculture (CSAs) in your area. A website you can use to find CSAs in your area is localharvest.org. Each CSA offers different items, but you will most likely be able to get eggs, bread, and produce (fruits, vegetables) and possibly other food items through a CSA. You may not be able to pick the specific fruit/vegetables you will receive each week, but it actually makes you have to learn what to do with things and try stuff you wouldn't necessarily have thought to try otherwise. You will most likely be able to set up your account to have your boxes/bags delivered to your doorstep.
  2. Dairies - Should be able to have milk and other dairy products delivered. Sometimes you can also order other refrigerated items like raw cookie dough.
  3. Stores that specialize in selling just meat, poultry, and/or eggs. Many are now letting you order online or have a price list you can consult and then you call in or e-mail an order, call with your credit card number, and then drive to their location and they will bring your order to the car.
  4. Small ethnic grocery stores or markets. In addition to selling specialty items, these small stores often also sell milk, eggs, bread.
  5. Restaurant supply businesses. Many of these companies are now taking retail orders and will have a price list or order form on their website to let you place an order. As above, you place the order online or over the phone, go to their location during a set timeframe, and they will bring the order to your car and even put it in the car for you and you don't have to get out of the car. This could end up being a win-win for these businesses because they have lost a lot of restaurant business and may be able to make up for some of it through retail orders. However, it isn't always a viable option if the package sizes are still geared for restaurants. Do you really have room for a 50 pound bag of potatoes or 20 pounds of chicken breasts? If you have neighbors or relatives that you can join up with, while still maintaining social distancing, this could still be a good option if what you order can be split between families. If there's a local association of chefs, check their Facebook page or website for leads on businesses that might be offering online ordering access on a retail basis.
These are just some ideas for how you might be able to get food that you can't find in the stores and can't get right now by ordering delivery from your grocery store, Walmart, or Amazon. If you haven't signed up for Nextdoor, now might be a good time to do so because your neighbors might have posted information about some of these sources on there. Or pay attention to your Facebook feed if you have friends and relatives that live in the same general area as you, as they may have posted information as well.

Unfortunately, I haven't stumbled across any good ideas for alternate sources of other products you might need now, such as paper products or cleaning supplies. Office supply or hardware stores might be a place to check. You could check their websites to see if you can order online and then go pick up the order and have it brought out to your car. I think many companies are just regularly doing that now to minimize contact between customers and the store staff. If you're into gardening and need materials, this could also be a way to get your potting soil, compost, pots, seeds, etc. Order online and then go pickup and have it put in your car. Same with crafting materials. I saw the other day that Michaels is doing that, i.e., order online and they'll bring your order out to your car. I don't know if Michael's stores are open in many places, because they might not be considered an essential business. But if you are a handy person and maybe looking for stuff like more yarn, that might be a way to get some without having to go in a store.

Last edited: