• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Maybe, just maybe......

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The number of comments saying EJ was a failure by players that really have no idea whether it was a success for EA/BS or not is amazing. I'm sure there are tons of people who are, for lack of a better description, butt hurt from the influx of EJ accounts, but I don't see how that correlates to any kind of failure for EA/BS ? We have no idea how many of those EJs came back and actually resubb'd, but there sure is a lot of assuming going on.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The number of comments saying EJ was a failure by players that really have no idea whether it was a success for EA/BS or not is amazing. I'm sure there are tons of people who are, for lack of a better description, butt hurt from the influx of EJ accounts, but I don't see how that correlates to any kind of failure for EA/BS ? We have no idea how many of those EJs came back and actually resubb'd, but there sure is a lot of assuming going on.
A lot of frustration stems from comparing UO to other games that employed similiar strategies but went very different routes on implemting F2P. Whether it's fair or not. You can't unsee what you see in other games, and sometimes they even do a great job.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
AKA no fast storage of the loot, AKA no regroup at guild house, AKA no fast restock... all things that are necessaries if you don’t play yew gate only, especially for a red char
Sorry don't buy it. Any bank can give you fast storage / restock if it's only consumables. If you are looting items and stockpiling things that's a different story and in that case you can pay to play like the rest of us :cool:

PageBoy

Journeyman
Sorry don't buy it. Any bank can give you fast storage / restock if it's only consumables. If you are looting items and stockpiling things that's a different story and in that case you can pay to play like the rest of us :cool:
Lol I pay to play from years tbh.

buy what you want, EJ is s***t and this game is dying due the bad politics of ea and bs

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Most of the people who came back were returners and they would have come back with Return-to-Brittania anyway, not sure how many of them stayed around let alone re-subbed. On the other hand there will have been some people who had accounts with no house on that just let the account roll over onto EJ, my husband and I did that with our second accounts that had been paid as needed on a monthly basis. Other games have brought in a free-premium-sub system that worked very well, the UO one just wasn't done as well as it could have been. The number of UO subs has not been disclosed for a long time, so we won't ever know unless they tell us.