• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS UO Newsletter #45

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IDOC Changes? I would like to read more about this issue...

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2019 Content Updates

The following updates will be made to content released during 2019,
  • Plunderbeacons & The Maritime Black Market will remain as semi-permanent content pending future development.
  • The Fellowship Shop will be closing and the mini-quest in Blackthorn's Dungeon will be cleaned up.
  • Shrine Battles & the Hawkwind Quest will remain as semi-permanent content pending future development.

where is the "felloswhip shop" in game?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So they will remove the house IDOC status from the sign, that's okay as people asked for that. What's the point of saying the house owner will get a message when they step onto the plot, if the house is IDOC then surely they stopped playing.... why are they not being sent an e-mail?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think this is a great change and look forward to the drama and "I quit" threats that will surely come out. It's also cool that they're still talking about the High Seas in "Omens", I was really hoping what we saw at the end of 2019 wasn't all.....

Last edited:

Adell of Catskills

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
2019 Content Updates

• Plunderbeacons & The Maritime Black Market will remain as semi-permanent content pending future development.
  • The Fellowship Shop will be closing and the mini-quest in Blackthorn's Dungeon will be cleaned up.
  • Shrine Battles & the Hawkwind Quest will remain as semi-permanent content pending future development.

North east brit. It's where you get fellowship coin and turn in ethereal soulbinders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2019 Content Updates

Im thinking its the shop you get the fellowship coins from in Brit.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
House owners whose home is in decay should IMO get a message in-game as soon as they log in... NOT when they step on the stairs. I don't know about anyone else but I might not step on the stairs of my house for months. With teleporters and everything else and having many accounts, I don't visit every home I have all the time... I would think you could get an in-game message when you log in. Would certainly be more useful.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm guessing that's both the turning in the crates for the coins and turning in crates in Britain to the npc shop... that is ending... but not the one in Bucs den.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So they will remove the house IDOC status from the sign, that's okay as people asked for that. What's the point of saying the house owner will get a message when they step onto the plot, if the house is IDOC then surely they stopped playing.... why are they not being sent an e-mail?
the 90 day house owners. And if you buy or place a new house and need to move. In both cases you get notification without the risk and pressure added by idoc players

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If your house go idoc... it s mean you cant log in because 3 months inactivity so how come you can walk to your house steps ????
If you have bought a new house u get several days to move you belongings. You told house will start to decay. So you will get messages to warn/remind you to get moving If you play the risky 90 day game the active players will be locked out if a house they are friended with, alarming the dormant Acct to reactivate

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it, or is it not possible for the current or future cheaters to by pass the house sign to detect decay? Just asking. I like the pet statues and the new boar. And stairs maybe. Wishing for new furniture...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I applaud the devs for trying to (finally) do something about cheaters/scripters at IDOC's, it's kind of sad that they couldn't just "go after" them, instead of penalizing the honest IDOCers as well. It's KIND OF like saying "well, we are now going after the EM event cheaters, so, there will be no more drops". Instead of, hmm, I don't know, maybe just GOING AFTER THE CHEATERS directly. I mean, come on, pretty much EVERYBODY knows who they are.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So will houses still drop, I am not sure i get whats going on here. Will the houses still say idoc just not the stage?.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm hoping they don't say anything, just drop on the ground and last for 24 hours for explorers to pick up.

And hoping EJ gets killed with this same publish so the script scouters will have to use paid accounts.

Pipe dreams, I am sure...

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"Plunderbeacons & The Maritime Black Market will remain as semi-permanent content pending future development. "

Yay!!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If you have bought a new house u get several days to move you belongings. You told house will start to decay. So you will get messages to warn/remind you to get moving If you play the risky 90 day game the active players will be locked out if a house they are friended with, alarming the dormant Acct to reactivate
You get 3 to 4 days to move if you place a new house or get one transferred to you... Do NOT dilly dally and take your time moving... you will be sad.... it says you get 5 days but I have found this is NOT the case.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im hoping the houses just fall at random times. Now that there is no stage on the house sign scriptors will only catch the IDOC if its already fallen and they run by.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats actually a very good point

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I applaud the devs for trying to (finally) do something about cheaters/scripters at IDOC's, it's kind of sad that they couldn't just "go after" them, instead of penalizing the honest IDOCers as well. It's KIND OF like saying "well, we are now going after the EM event cheaters, so, there will be no more drops". Instead of, hmm, I don't know, maybe just GOING AFTER THE CHEATERS directly. I mean, come on, pretty much EVERYBODY knows who they are.
Penalizing them wouldn’t make any change, most of them run 5-10accounts with some **** equipment and nothing to loose anyway... u ban them the recreate other ones... better change the system that is allowing them to do so, so the devs did a really good job there

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So idocs are just gonna drop with out decay cycles? if so that is F'ing amazing!!!! that is exactly what we needed to keep idocs in game with no one having the upper hand..... no decay on sign means no script to mark them, they just fall ...boom! you will actually have to recall around and look for houses on the ground......i love it

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So idocs are just gonna drop with out decay cycles? if so that is F'ing amazing!!!! that is exactly what we needed to keep idocs in game with no one having the upper hand..... no decay on sign means no script to mark them, they just fall ...boom! you will actually have to recall around and look for houses on the ground......i love it
You have not seen the toons that walk around to every house already every day? Do you think those are not scripters?

They will increase their rounds and accounts to do it 24 hours a day. How often do you recall around the lands?

Have fun finding stuffs.

Akalabeth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love this game of Ultima Online. I do not do IDOCs, I respect those who try to save the houses. I also know that watching for IDOCs is a part of game play for many people. I also realize that scripters are way ahead of the game on any IDOC situation. I only see this new idea of not putting decay on the sign as a way to wipe out the "play as intended IDOCer" and a way of giving it all to the "scripter cheater". It breaks my heart. One more time trying to put a nail in UO's coffin. We don't need to prevent people from playing the parts of the game that they love. Every news letter I see numbers of macroers, afkers etc. Why can't we get the scripters?

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Make everything go into a moving crate for the house owner account and the house can fall empty no loot and when the owner back in game and owner place or buy a new house he will can remove crate from sign house
I think this is the best and wisest thing for the game, I wish they would implement that. Just save the items to the account, like when you transfer shards

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You have not seen the toons that walk around to every house already every day? Do you think those are not scripters?

They will increase their rounds and accounts to do it 24 hours a day. How often do you recall around the lands?

Have fun finding stuffs.
those are just railers, their scripts read house signs , mark their books and tell the status...…...im not saying it still cant be scripted but not having signs will certainly help..... u could still park a toon at a sign and alarm when a sign is gone...but look at all the shards all the houses per shard.....no one that plays this game can monitor every house in uo with an alarm

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
those are just railers, their scripts read house signs , mark their books and tell the status...…...im not saying it still cant be scripted but not having signs will certainly help..... u could still park a toon at a sign and alarm when a sign is gone...but look at all the shards all the houses per shard.....no one that plays this game can monitor every house in uo with an alarm
But they could find all the IDOCs. Ok.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I hate the war boar. In related news, I also kind of love the war boar. It looks like it's going to run super awkwardly, and that only adds to its dread, grotesque charm. It looks like it escaped from the Cavern of the Discarded. It's awful. I want one.

The graphics aren't bad for the most part (no circle tops, YAY!), but the animations are too fast--the anvil looks like someone is setting off firecrackers on it. I'll be interested to see the spiral staircase in action.

I like the idea of the glass and masonry stations. Those tools are a pain. I particularly don't like the animation on the masonry one at all though--it just doesn't look right.

I'm glad they are leaving the plunder beacons and black market.

You should not have to purchase a store item to craft a suit any more than you should have to have an extensive spreadsheet to craft a suit. Cash items to circumvent bad or overcomplicated game mechanics is backwards. UO needs new/returning players, and cash shakedowns on incredibly complex systems aren't going to endear this game to anyone except possibly the already hopelessly addicted who will buy anything. Make a less painful way to craft and quit milking the badness of it for cash already.

I am not convinced that two EMs covering multiple shards will yield the best results. There is definitely more that two EMs can do together than one can do alone, but it sounds like a recipe for confusion and burnout. I still think each shard should have a PEC-like EM JUST FOR that shard and the drops moved to shard-roving big-battle EMs to serve both the home shard and x-shard communities the best, but I guess we'll see.

To build on that legacy and bring Ultima Online to the largest audience ever, the team is in the early stages of designing and building our biggest and boldest endeavor in over a decade! We are incredibly excited about the future and cannot wait to share the journey with you!
Color me intrigued. If it's just Steam, I will be very disappointed. I'm gonna go out there and say I'm hoping for an expansion with a single shared landmass for all same-ruleset servers where you'll always have people to play with and future development can be more finely focused, the player-driven quest system they dangled out there at the 20th party that still has yet to coalesce, and a robust and engaging new player experience. I can dream.

Last edited:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love this game of Ultima Online. I do not do IDOCs, I respect those who try to save the houses. I also know that watching for IDOCs is a part of game play for many people. I also realize that scripters are way ahead of the game on any IDOC situation. I only see this new idea of not putting decay on the sign as a way to wipe out the "play as intended IDOCer" and a way of giving it all to the "scripter cheater". It breaks my heart. One more time trying to put a nail in UO's coffin. We don't need to prevent people from playing the parts of the game that they love. Every news letter I see numbers of macroers, afkers etc. Why can't we get the scripters?
When one of the 'best' parts of the game is standing around for hours on end waiting to scoop up things a departed player left - you know your game is in shambles. Thats the best thing to do in game? Speaks volumes.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can someone explain the anvil? Is it same as forged metal of artifacts?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I'm with @Pawain on this, astonishing I know! :p I am pretty sure that the scripters will still be able to get to all the IDOCs and the rest of the 'honest' IDOCers will still get screwed. I have no idea how these scripts work but I bet they will still have the advantage after this change, especially since they have way more time than the non-cheating players. I did say whatever they did would help the scripters more and it looks like that's exactly how it went. Why the hell do they not just ban these people? They know who they are! Oh yes, because their bottom line is more important than the unhealthy state of the game. :(

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any time there is a change towards randomness, it benefits scripters, not players. A regular player cannot spend 24/7 just waiting for a house to fall. A bot has no issues doing just that. It seems the upcoming IDOC change will drive regular players from IDOCs, while decreasing the competition for the scripters.

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
When one of the 'best' parts of the game is standing around for hours on end waiting to scoop up things a departed player left - you know your game is in shambles. Thats the best thing to do in game? Speaks volumes.
its actually just human nature at its finest. Look at black Friday for example, and that stuff isn't even free lol