• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Macroers and Houses

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
RECOMMENDATIONS the might help.
1. Need to document "visitor names" so OWNER can check legitimacy of players. Make new option on house sign ONLY visible to OWNER that shows "VISITORS". BANNABLE from house option from this list. NOT HARD, already records visitors, now just ad names so owner can see.
2. IDOCER's use banks to transfer loot also. a. RECORD all moongating/recalling toons at IDOC. HOW? PLACE a "RECORDER" NPC at house, and at 3 or 4 "RECORDER" NPC's locations near, but off screen to IDOC. Have "MINTER" record log of incoming toons when IDOC falls. HOW? EVERY time a house falls, what happens? The house sign goes "POOF" and "BROADSWORD" knows when a house will fall. TO TO SIMPLE to start log file with "MINTERS" at all banks at "SUPER SECRET" fall times.

If YOU have been warned, you would simply check names of people whom visited your house. BAN that toon, it BANS the account associated with it.
Just stupid ass "recommendations" that might work.
QUIT bi-----ng, make suggestions to HELP. Every suggestion is just that, a suggestion. MAKE THE SUGGESTION BETTER, make YOUR GAME better. NOW, go back to putzing!!

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
RECOMMENDATIONS the might help.
1. Need to document "visitor names" so OWNER can check legitimacy of players. Make new option on house sign ONLY visible to OWNER that shows "VISITORS". BANNABLE from house option from this list. NOT HARD, already records visitors, now just ad names so owner can see.
2. IDOCER's use banks to transfer loot also. a. RECORD all moongating/recalling toons at IDOC. HOW? PLACE a "RECORDER" NPC at house, and at 3 or 4 "RECORDER" NPC's locations near, but off screen to IDOC. Have "MINTER" record log of incoming toons when IDOC falls. HOW? EVERY time a house falls, what happens? The house sign goes "POOF" and "BROADSWORD" knows when a house will fall. TO TO SIMPLE to start log file with "MINTERS" at all banks at "SUPER SECRET" fall times.

If YOU have been warned, you would simply check names of people whom visited your house. BAN that toon, it BANS the account associated with it.
Just stupid ass "recommendations" that might work.
QUIT bi-----ng, make suggestions to HELP. Every suggestion is just that, a suggestion. MAKE THE SUGGESTION BETTER, make YOUR GAME better. NOW, go back to putzing!!
Really nice recommendations. Thanks

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
which is also a reason why all the duped 5.0 sots cannot be traced anymore for example and make others a fortune...
Talking about Duping, I was MUCH surprised to see in the Table kindly provided by @Tina Small here NEWS - Ultima Online Newsletter #43 , that the last actions taken for Duping dates back to December 2018.... no action was taken for Duping in 2019....

Does this mean that, FINALLY, Duping is no longer possible in Ultima Online ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So, to anyone reading this, this isn't an old Stratics VP and AE giving you an emotional 'ok' to macro or break the rules, it is my testament to the UO community - the entire reason I stay. It's the reason I write a newspaper every week for my shard. It's the reason I have taken the time to write this. COMMUNITY is the reason that I and my dear friend run a new/returning welcome center for all players AND WE NEVER ASK AND NEVER WILL ASK IF THEY MACRO! We just welcome new people and help our community and THAT IS WHAT IS MOST ENDANGERED BY THIS RULE. Those were my public houses, where out of six houses only one was for me. The rest have been publically purposed, and contained TRAINING EQUIPMENT new players without homes yet could use. I was willing to pay $12.95 per month per account just for my COMMUNITY - not for Broadsword. No one is more endangered by this new 'policing' than my friend and I. All of Lake Austin shard delivers gold, resources, armor, weapons and other UO items to our mailbox and overflow chest so we can FREELY DISTRIBUTE IT BACK to new and returning players! They deliver resources to our houses with training equipment freely usable inside for developing characters .. BOOM... do you hear a ban coming? I have closed my Luna vending house with training equipment for new players without homes on the 3rd floor. It endangered my existence. I have made private all the places I meticulously decorated and created for public purposes. WHAT GOOD ARE THEY NOW? I might as well CLOSE THOSE ACCOUNTS. That is the tragedy here. Our community - our actual reason for being in UO in the first place - has been endangered and perhaps destroyed, and Mesanna didn't even think of it, or care about it.
Paranoid. Nobody is going to use your house to group skill. There are plenty of places in the wild to do that. Players were making walls in houses to Train Discord and other skills on pets or themselves. The devs have already been doing this. Thats why the number was so high last Month. Did it affect you? I bet not. They were stupid to tell us they were doing this. Only the guilty would know if they hadn't.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the devs really wana put a stop to it then put a stop to it and see what happens to ATL and their wallets. Truth be told they'll do what they need to, to try and keep some of the masses happy, you know the saying. A little goes a long way.

But as long as macroing and the sale sites benefit the pockets of the higher ups. It'll never truly end.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Paranoid. Nobody is going to use your house to group skill. There are plenty of places in the wild to do that. Players were making walls in houses to Train Discord and other skills on pets or themselves. The devs have already been doing this. Thats why the number was so high last Month. Did it affect you? I bet not. They were stupid to tell us they were doing this. Only the guilty would know if they hadn't.
Pawain - I think you're bringing in a Straw Man.

The issue isn't people using a stranger's house to "group skill".

The issue is that (and has been repeatedly brought up here and on the official forums), especially for LUNA houses, that the way Mesanna and the other devs are PHRASING the enforcement opens a possibility to GRIEF people for potential profit. Specifically, use some other accounts (unlinked to their main accounts, if not actual hacked/stolen accounts) to put on a SHOW of violating said rules, page on those accounts with their main, and wait for the homeowner's accounts to be actioned, to be able to eventually take the plot with their real macro accounts when the supposed "cheater" has their house fall/deleted. They could even do this to several different houses with different characters/accounts simultaneously.

Just the fear of this is enough to panic people like El, who worked hard to get what she has legitimately (and she's on a low-pop shard that would be extremely unlikely to actually occur). It should scare the hell out of anyone with a public Luna house on Atlantic (and some of the other choice spots there).

While I personally don't believe that this is as serious as they think (I think that BS phrased this extremely poorly, and that there will be clarification this week - or next if they're out for Thanksgiving), the chance that what was said actually being accurate (and BS didn't think the unintended consequences through) is significantly greater than 0, hence the fears and precautions. After all, there's a long history going back to the first day of Beta of the various generations of Devs not thinking things through from the viewpoint of those willing to grief others (and some of the former devs have admitted such failures in hindsight). The idea that evil would be rare and could be effectively self-policed by the rest of the player base, for example.

Until the devs actually clarify their intent, I understand the overabundance of caution for Luna residents everywhere and the residents of other areas on Atlantic where high-end property is at a premium, even though it means I had to take down my two vendors at El's. On the other hand, I'm not going to change anything on my houses in the middle of nowhere - even the THB guildhouse which has Lockpick training boxes for the public. I will, however, send a private feedback to the Devs pointing out the long tradition of such training resources that are designed to be used with in-game and UOAssist macros, and the need to better define what is being watched for as to not trample on 20+ years of tradition.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! that is so helpful to know. I've never had a private house in all my years in UO! I'll place mine out in front! :)
One may set the house to public and then have the entry points (doors, gates) set to guild or friends. In this way, one may have a pubic house with all that goes with it (mailbox and vendors) and yet still have a home which only those one has screened have permission to enter.

I do this on Siege which has a fel ruleset so it should work anywhere.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The issue is that (and has been repeatedly brought up here and on the official forums), especially for LUNA houses, that the way Mesanna and the other devs are PHRASING the enforcement opens a possibility to GRIEF people for potential profit. Specifically, use some other accounts (unlinked to their main accounts, if not actual hacked/stolen accounts) to put on a SHOW of violating said rules, page on those accounts with their main, and wait for the homeowner's accounts to be actioned, to be able to eventually take the plot with their real macro accounts when the supposed "cheater" has their house fall/deleted. They could even do this to several different houses with different characters/accounts simultaneously.
That was brought up in the official forums. That's why she said the violators would need to have a container that they can use. So if you have friends or co owners that can open boxes, and they are dropping resources in those boxes by constantly recalling in and out then you need to worry. Most of us do not have bots coming and going from our houses every few minutes. Someone dropping of items to your mailbox once a day or week is not going to get you a warning.

I stick with my diagnoses. Paranoia.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Pawain - I think you're bringing in a Straw Man.

The issue isn't people using a stranger's house to "group skill".

Just the fear of this is enough to panic people like El, who worked hard to get what she has legitimately (and she's on a low-pop shard that would be extremely unlikely to actually occur). It should scare the hell out of anyone with a public Luna house on Atlantic (and some of the other choice spots there).

While I personally don't believe that this is as serious as they think (I think that BS phrased this extremely poorly, and that there will be clarification this week - or next if they're out for Thanksgiving), the chance that what was said actually being accurate (and BS didn't think the unintended consequences through) is significantly greater than 0, hence the fears and precautions. After all, there's a long history going back to the first day of Beta of the various generations of Devs not thinking things through from the viewpoint of those willing to grief others (and some of the former devs have admitted such failures in hindsight). The idea that evil would be rare and could be effectively self-policed by the rest of the player base, for example.

Until the devs actually clarify their intent, I understand the overabundance of caution for Luna residents everywhere and the residents of other areas on Atlantic where high-end property is at a premium, even though it means I had to take down my two vendors at El's. On the other hand, I'm not going to change anything on my houses in the middle of nowhere - even the THB guildhouse which has Lockpick training boxes for the public. I will, however, send a private feedback to the Devs pointing out the long tradition of such training resources that are designed to be used with in-game and UOAssist macros, and the need to better define what is being watched for as to not trample on 20+ years of tradition.
Thank you my dear old friend :). What you said is very helpful and clarifies my own poor communication!

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
As the saying goes, just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me. I refuse to make the lake austin player center private but I sure have made the other three private for now. My UO friends are too valuable to lose because a griefer decides to get my account banned. My account is more than pixels, it is 18 years of memories. Friends made and lost. Adventures with family. A way to cope when things are bad. A way to celebrate when things are good. So yep for now I'm playing it paranoid.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That was brought up in the official forums. That's why she said the violators would need to have a container that they can use. So if you have friends or co owners that can open boxes, and they are dropping resources in those boxes by constantly recalling in and out then you need to worry. Most of us do not have bots coming and going from our houses every few minutes. Someone dropping of items to your mailbox once a day or week is not going to get you a warning.

I stick with my diagnoses. Paranoia.
Agreed, paranoia. I think this new policy is just a way to make sure they can perform actions against the "legitimate" accounts that actually control the bots. Without this they couldn't really ban the accounts that scripters use for storage as they technically didn't break the ToS. I would have worded it differently, like "any account that is being used to provide storage for those that do not comply with the ToS will be subject to action." This makes more sense and is also a bit more of a blanket policy that covers more actions. The policy with the wording I have provided can be used to ban accounts used to store goods listed on RMT sites, duped items, and resources. The key word should be "storage." I'd bet even I would be amazed at how many of the houses we see are used only to store items that will be sold for real money.

I'm still sad that nobody has taken me up on my offer to test this theory at my house on Siege.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was brought up in the official forums. That's why she said the violators would need to have a container that they can use.
Please point to the post where she said they would need access to a container for the house owner to be actioned.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please point to the post where she said they would need access to a container for the house owner to be actioned.
From the closed thread:
Specifically, if we come across a situation where a group of macroers are holed up in a house doing whatever it is they are doing (skill gains, crafting etc) or a recall group dropping off resources in chests at a specific house (or houses), We are going to confirm the house owner from the house sign and then note that house-owner account about what the GM observed in the product account notes section of that house-owner account.

They will note the house owner. Then if more macroers are holed up at a later date, they will note the account.
Does not say how many notes it takes to action the account of the house owner.

Crafting? Do any of the sales sites sell crafted stuff? I have not noticed an influx of luck suits on Atlantic.

When I bulk craft I have two or three accounts sitting there to make tools or go grab items from storage while the crafter crafts. All done with the basic CC and nothing else. I am not worried.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
From the closed thread:
Specifically, if we come across a situation where a group of macroers are holed up in a house doing whatever it is they are doing (skill gains, crafting etc) or a recall group dropping off resources in chests at a specific house (or houses), We are going to confirm the house owner from the house sign and then note that house-owner account about what the GM observed in the product account notes section of that house-owner account.

They will note the house owner. Then if more macroers are holed up at a later date, they will note the account.
Does not say how many notes it takes to action the account of the house owner.

Crafting? Do any of the sales sites sell crafted stuff? I have not noticed an influx of luck suits on Atlantic.

When I bulk craft I have two or three accounts sitting there to make tools or go grab items from storage while the crafter crafts. All done with the basic CC and nothing else. I am not worried.
So she specifically says “Skilling”, many of which do not require access to any container, so your claim is patently false.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok EJs can't drop off crap into any secured container, so the players doing this are doing it with registered/active accounts that they at least paid once for. If they are paid account those accounts more than likely have a house of their own, unless this is pertaining to Atl, which is a cesspool of afk macroing anyway, which goes damn near unchecked, at least at Luna. I think this whole thing is ridiculous and makes zero sense, and was brought out as a pathetic attempt to silence the current outcry against IDOC/Event cheaters that BS is willingly turning a blind eye to....#endrant.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully one of the GM's or Messanna will ban one of my accounts, and give me a reason to quit immediately. ;) If that happens, I'm releasing all of my private collection on the net. And teaching everyone to use them. So keep praying it happens. She's going to ban the wrong person eventually, and UO will get much more interesting pretty quickly. By the way, to the people who think you can just 'stop' scripting. Nonsense. UO can't stop scripting. EA can't stop scripting. No games can stop scripting. It just CANNOT happen. Unless they sweep everyone up right now and ban them all. It's ridiculous to think that's going to happen. Every pvper on Atlantic would be gone tomorrow. There isn't one that doesn't use scripts, or programs. And you ban 3 or 4 them that can script, and your problems will just increase when those people stop playing and release their libraries. Status quo is what will happen. I bet ya.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
One may set the house to public and then have the entry points (doors, gates) set to guild or friends. In this way, one may have a pubic house with all that goes with it (mailbox and vendors) and yet still have a home which only those one has screened have permission to enter.

I do this on Siege which has a fel ruleset so it should work anywhere.

I've had my doors set privately for years. However, I have large front areas used for vendors and public space, so a macroer can easily work there. There are even comfy chairs normally! ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only people with a confirmed connection to the house (i.e. a friend, co-owner, guildmate or ally (which would require a further check of secures' access levels)) should be someone whose activities could threaten a house owner's account. Further, the activity in question should also require some aspect of the house (storage, design) for it to be held against the house owner, not simply their being in it.

So someone couldn't come into your public house, which they aren't specially accessed to, perform a ToS-violating activity and have it be held against the house owner. This is what people are worried about, the griefers who just love to stir up trouble.

If a player is actioned while in a house, with or without a mark against the house-holding account, the owner should be emailed with the offending character's name so they can take action (un-friend/co-owner and/or ban the person). And no, "privacy" isn't an excuse to forego this notification, since the homeowner account is endangered as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only people with a confirmed connection to the house (i.e. a friend, co-owner, guildmate or ally (which would require a further check of secures' access levels)) should be someone whose activities could threaten a house owner's account. Further, the activity in question should also require some aspect of the house (storage, design) for it to be held against the house owner, not simply their being in it.

So someone couldn't come into your public house, which they aren't specially accessed to, perform a ToS-violating activity and have it be held against the house owner. This is what people are worried about, the griefers who just love to stir up trouble.

If a player is actioned while in a house, with or without a mark against the house-holding account, the owner should be emailed with the offending character's name so they can take action (un-friend/co-owner and/or ban the person). And no, "privacy" isn't an excuse to forego this notification, since the homeowner account is endangered as well.
Change my answer to above.

Same thing but worded better.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, as for containers....

Consider how PUBLIC LOCKPICKING HOUSES work.

The half of the announcement concerning containers and skilling has a gray area there. Will people training skills legitimately manipulating LP boxes get accused of cheating (remember you can pick and relock 20-30 LP boxes with ONE UOAssist macro)? Remember, one of my houses is a THB GUILD HOUSE. It's quite possible for containers set as locked down just for people to look in, to sometimes have stuff added by people with no permissions (the ability seems to come and go between publishes - just like there's been 2 or 3 times in the last 14 years where I had to change the set-up of the lockpick boxes because some odd change to how security works made the LP books not work). That in and of itself could end up with someone simulating a scripter to frame a houseowner if the permissions are in a state where a public locked down box can receive items.

Certain houses have always had public containers for community support. There's always been a chest on the front porch of my THB house (and its predecessors under the 2 THB Guildmasters before me on LA that I remember) where people could drop off extra picks or maps, or take any, set for public access. Tamais' Player Center has a public (secured, not just locked down) "donation overflow" chest, where people can drop stuff after the mailbox fills up - and other public chests that have free starter kits for people needing the basics for nearly every skill in use (crafter kits for each skill, full spellbooks and bags of regs, etc.). We've ALREADY had to close off some of those latter containers (and replace them with vendors with "free" stuff) because people were looting the donation boxes for resale or unraveling (I would routinely drop stuff off armor and weapons at the PC for outfitting newbies and returnees, often after enhancing, that I saw far worse selling for 1 million plus on Atlantic - yes, on LA we're THAT generous).

Some people are focusing too narrowly - others too broadly. Either way, some people will look for a way to use the change to their advantage in an "un-good" way.

To quote one of my favorite Heinlein novels.....

But intelligence can find solutions where there are none. Psychologists once locked an ape in a room, for which they had arranged only four ways of escaping. Then they spied on him to see which of the four he would find. The ape escaped a fifth way.

Heinlein, Robert A.. Tunnel in the Sky (Heinlein's Juveniles Book 9) (p. 20). Spectrum Literary Agency, Inc.. Kindle Edition.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully one of the GM's or Messanna will ban one of my accounts, and give me a reason to quit immediately. ;) If that happens, I'm releasing all of my private collection on the net. And teaching everyone to use them. So keep praying it happens. She's going to ban the wrong person eventually, and UO will get much more interesting pretty quickly. By the way, to the people who think you can just 'stop' scripting. Nonsense. UO can't stop scripting. EA can't stop scripting. No games can stop scripting. It just CANNOT happen. Unless they sweep everyone up right now and ban them all. It's ridiculous to think that's going to happen. Every pvper on Atlantic would be gone tomorrow. There isn't one that doesn't use scripts, or programs. And you ban 3 or 4 them that can script, and your problems will just increase when those people stop playing and release their libraries. Status quo is what will happen. I bet ya.

I don't know....

I have seen quite a lot of fellow UO players, over the Years, quit playing Ultima Online because they refused to "keep up" with the Scripting or other various ways of cheating to get an edge over fellow players or even just to "keep up with" those UO players who actually used them with their playing....

There is players, to my understanding, out there, who want to enjoy playing a game WITHOUT having to use cheats, hacks, scripts, Third Party Utilities or anything else which might provide an advantage because other player use them.....

So, perhaps, Ultima Online might get back more players then what it would lose if all Scripting, hacking and Cheating was to finally be eradicated from the game once and for all ?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't know....

I have seen quite a lot of fellow UO players, over the Years, quit playing Ultima Online because they refused to "keep up" with the Scripting or other various ways of cheating to get an edge over fellow players or even just to "keep up with" those UO players who actually used them with their playing....

There is players, to my understanding, out there, who want to enjoy playing a game WITHOUT having to use cheats, hacks, scripts, Third Party Utilities or anything else which might provide an advantage because other player use them.....

So, perhaps, Ultima Online might get back more players then what it would lose if all Scripting, hacking and Cheating was to finally be eradicated from the game once and for all ?
It doesn't matter what game you play you will ALWAYS find people cheating... it's not possible to make a game without it.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't matter what game you play you will ALWAYS find people cheating... it's not possible to make a game without it.
But perhaps it is possible to "reduce" the issue to a more tolerable and less noticeable level ?

The problem with Ultima Online is, that throughout the Years all of these "aids" have been plaguing it beyond reason....

Too much Scripting, too much duping, too much hacking and cheating....

No doubt, to my viewing, that a bunch of players not wanting to play in such an Environment with rampant and widespread cheating may have left it....

PageBoy

Journeyman
UO can't stop scripting. EA can't stop scripting. No games can stop scripting. It just CANNOT happen. Unless they sweep everyone up right now and ban them all. It's ridiculous to think that's going to happen. Every pvper on Atlantic would be gone tomorrow. There isn't one that doesn't use scripts, or programs.
+1

moreover, scripting in UO allows you to perform simple actions allowed in every modern game. Can’t play in 2019 as if I was still in 1997

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Macroing has been part of UO since the start because many of the tasks in the game are repetitive, and unfit as an activity for humans. This latest crack down is very unsettling and draconian. Who will even want to play UO with all these mass bannings going on? You know who this really hurts? It hurts veteran players who have many years of subscription fees and new players who could have a passion for UO but will find it unplayable. Real cheaters just make trial accounts, ban them go ahead, they will open another trial account. This is a road to nowhere and a very poor policy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I wonder is, when UO is going to get real content. That's fun. Devs? I haven't been excited about anything in UO in a very long time. But hey, keep those worthless rewards coming. And deco. Gotta have more of that. :eyeroll:

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*sighs* again: which cheating is and is not good or bad for the game isn't relevant at present. separate discussion. issue is we need clarification on this policy.

have we actually gotten it or are certain posters here, dare i say it, just being over-optimistic.

did.....did i just type that?

anyway: have we actually had clarification? from messie or someone who works for her?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not yet - but then again, based on the "longer than normal testing period due to Thanksgiving" mentioned for the update currently on Origin, Baja, and Izumo, it's likely Broadsword is taking ALL of this week off, not just Thursday/Friday, with only the GMs working.

One of the reasons I said I was going to wait until the week after Thanksgiving for clarification.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not yet - but then again, based on the "longer than normal testing period due to Thanksgiving" mentioned for the update currently on Origin, Baja, and Izumo, it's likely Broadsword is taking ALL of this week off, not just Thursday/Friday, with only the GMs working.

One of the reasons I said I was going to wait until the week after Thanksgiving for clarification.
well that's neat & all but the point is: When people talk like they know what this'll entail and how it'll work, where are they getting that from?

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Just going to leave this right here. I am fine with the new Broadsword position.

Hi Bonnie,

I have a had a vendor house in Luna with a library for a very long time now. Your new policy gives me some concern.

We would also like to update everyone on a new policy as it relates to how we handle ToS violations within a house. If players are caught in a house violating the ToS, in any form, the account which owns the house will also be actioned.

I really can not prevent someone from entering the house as it needs to remain public for the vendors. How do I avoid being actioned for something like this?

Looking for suggestions here not trying to be critical.

Nabin

Hi Nabin.

Please understand just because someone is standing there macroing a spell , those are not the people we are after. We have seen a major increase of Macroing in the last few months and scripting using a real account and 15 EJ accounts , the owners have to be responsible. Understand also these are notes in your file in the beginning along with banned EJ account.

I promise all the GM's are going to use common sense with addressing this issue.

Mesanna

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
15 EJ accounts. That a specific and small number and almost guaranteed not to be accurate.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theminer did you really read what she said ans you reply this lol
Ya. Unless she's trying to say they, as in BS, used 15 EJ accounts for something in whatever detecting method they're using.

In any event. I still say they qont knock it down as much as they say they will bec it will hurt their pockets. They'll do as much as they need to to quell the masses. But if they truly crack down on it. Well know bec ATL qill be as "dead" as most every other shard there is.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya. Unless she's trying to say they, as in BS, used 15 EJ accounts for something in whatever detecting method they're using.

In any event. I still say they qont knock it down as much as they say they will bec it will hurt their pockets. They'll do as much as they need to to quell the masses. But if they truly crack down on it. Well know bec ATL qill be as "dead" as most every other shard there is.
A player, creates 15 ej accounts to run a scripted task, dropping off the goods at a paid accounts house. thats what she is saying

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
i dont think excessive is a word for some scripter..they always want more...btw some have really more than 15 ej… only think at ghost cam in fel on almost each shard at hot spot

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When they will ban the spammer 'avatar' in chat channel. I will start believing the uo devs skills
That one honestly could be difficult as VPNs are a dime a dozen and last I knew, EJ could chat to general channel.

But I will have to agree with the underlying sentiment.

ziox

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That one honestly could be difficult as VPNs are a dime a dozen and last I knew, EJ could chat to general channel.

But I will have her agree with the underlying sentiment.
trial accounts did not have access to the general chat channel, why the EJ?
they do not ban the accounts by the IP (so they don't need any VPN), probably too complicated with their two left hand and make granny understand... is not part won.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@TheMiner ghost cam are ghost ej account placed at entrance of all spawn... with a scrpit it s announce them who are doing the spawn and where and some scripts also say how many candles spawn is...used by majority of big raiding guild

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She could have been that rational sounding in the first place.
I don't think I would have believed it then and I do not believe it now.

Happy Thanksgiving !! :)

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She could have been that rational sounding in the first place.
I don't think I would have believed it then and I do not believe it now.

Happy Thanksgiving !! :)
She could have moreover clarified it in public instead of just answering certain people in private. But that's her..

GMs will use coming sense. I believe it when I see it. The same common sense they used to ban people at IDOCs, that blackthorn scripters or what not :pint:

Last edited:

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question....why would they say anything at all, just enforce the rules using common sense....if the cops raid a drug house, I'm pretty sure they don't call first.

TheMiner

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My question....why would they say anything at all, just enforce the rules using common sense....if the cops raid a drug house, I'm pretty sure they don't call first.
They might to their informants. Which in this case is maybe a 3rd of the population left