• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forsaken Foes coming to Origin, Izumo, and Baja

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I am writing a report during an EM event I write the notes in notepad and copy paste to the book right before I turn it in. The books in CC will go blank for reasons I dont know. I do not know if that was fixed.

They are bigger now...
suggest you go post in my thread re books on the official forum in test centre forum

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I gave up trying to get books to work in the EC... When we need to turn in books for EM Events on GLs they nicely let us EMail them... Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to do it...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My husband and I were back for over 3 years and our alliance on Europa was very active with two guild hunts a week, nobody in all that time ever suggested doing Charybdis, everyone lamented how they never had the necessary items to do it. So unless they made some major changes I still don't think it's going to be a regular thing. They are trying to force people to do it to get the Mempo, they could have added that to all 3 Boss encounters loot tables, but they didn't because they knew which one nobody would bother doing.
It's just that mindset with Kyronix. Someone will pat him on his back for putting the mempo behind multiple week grind against the RNG, for everyone having a life it unfortunately stays out of reach just as so many things.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It just seems that these new items are rewarding people who were already lucky enough to get the originals, then of course they need to be lucky again to get the recipe, it wouldn't be so bad if the RNG wasn't so totally wonky. Some people are just really unlucky with drops. It's great for hoarders though....that mempo is really, really ugly....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would have rather seen the Mempo put on Corgul or Scalis but with the changes to the timer, the Oracle and Charybdis it looks to be a lot easier to do and the loot potential worthwhile. Prior to these changes about the only reason to do Charybdis was so you could say you did Charybdis. Might have to do 500 of them to get a Mempo or might only have to do one............. that is just the nature of the RNG. The important thing here though is the Mempo is obtainable once again through game play, even if you don't like how it is available :)
@Tyrath

Do you often do Charybdis solo ?

What would be a good Template to deal with this particular foe Solo and, most importantly, I seem to understand that the timer which before was 24 hours, now has been reduced to only 1 hour....

Would 1 hour be enough from start to finish when doing this Boss solo ?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The book fiasco is just another glaring example of how broken the entire game and teams mindsets are.

I wish, to be honest, that they would close out the QA dept, since it doesn't appear to do much, and put that salary toward another coder...since it seems the players do most of the bug testing anyway.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK well the pom pom wavers are coming out in the other thread/forum. For god's sake why are people so eager to wave the flag for such a crap 'fix'. After 10 years this is just crap. I get so pissed off with people when they accept such half way measure. Every time one of the pom pom wavers comes out it sets the game back another 10 bloody years.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personal opinion...

Some of Mesanna's ways, attitudes, and ideas have led us to near destruction. Yet she has such a strong following it's crazy...beats the hell outta me!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
It's because some of those people have nothing else to play, they never have or will play anything else, they are so afraid of losing their only gaming entertainment that they will put up with almost anything. The players here are so often their own worst enemies. :(

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
It just seems that these new items are rewarding people who were already lucky enough to get the originals, then of course they need to be lucky again to get the recipe, it wouldn't be so bad if the RNG wasn't so totally wonky. Some people are just really unlucky with drops. It's great for hoarders though....that mempo is really, really ugly....
the recipe for the mempo will be a reward from Treasures Of The Sea.
the recipes from Charbydis, Corgul, & Scalis are decorative versions (no artifacts required to craft & no stats)

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I am writing a report during an EM event I write the notes in notepad and copy paste to the book right before I turn it in. The books in CC will go blank for reasons I dont know. I do not know if that was fixed.

They are bigger now...
  • Writing a report? I didn't realize this is junior high school. I was sadly mis-informed this is a game we pay for.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some shards ahve events where participation and leadership earn ranks, etc. such as Royal Britannian guards, Rangers of Skara Brae, etc. It's fun =) and adds a bit to the happenings

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Tyrath

Do you often do Charybdis solo ?

What would be a good Template to deal with this particular foe Solo and, most importantly, I seem to understand that the timer which before was 24 hours, now has been reduced to only 1 hour....

Would 1 hour be enough from start to finish when doing this Boss solo ?
I did about 6 times after high seas was released and said screw this its not worth the time or resources invested to do. So I am the wrong person to ask about the most efficient way of doing it. And no I did not do it solo any of those times had two friends with me.

since it seems the players do most of the bug testing anyway.
This has been the case since 1997 LOL the 22 year old Beta

Personal opinion...

Some of Mesanna's ways, attitudes, and ideas have led us to near destruction. Yet she has such a strong following it's crazy...beats the hell outta me!
When you are bad at UO you become the UO producer :)

It's because some of those people have nothing else to play, they never have or will play anything else, they are so afraid of losing their only gaming entertainment that they will put up with almost anything. The players here are so often their own worst enemies. :(
Could also be a lot of us actually enjoy the game despite the problems. And every game has problems and bugs. Despite Mes UO is still a great game.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Could also be a lot of us actually enjoy the game despite the problems. And every game has problems and bugs. Despite Mes UO is still a great game.
I enjoyed it too until they messed with t-hunting. Yes all games have bugs but they don't all take 20 years to fix some of them! :p I totally agree with the last part, but it sometimes seems like she is actually trying to make things worse. :(

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any reports from the "Test Shards" on how many points a Mythical Soulbinders give?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
So... just to be clear on the book thing... I could not copy from a word doc into an EC book and have CC players be able to read it, and I still cannot. I could not write a book in EC without paying very careful attention to manually counting spaces and lines and turning to the next page to add more text - and even then, I would have to switch to CC to make sure I did not mess up. Now that is not a concern. As an EC player, reading another player's CC book ran the risk of permanently messing it up and making it unreadable in ANY client. No longer a concern.

Not every single issue was dealt with in this patch, and probably never will be, but the major issues were fixed. We have to go back and redo some already made books, but the entire EC book system moving forward is an improvement over what we had. I understand that the current ''fix'' is not perfect, but I do not appreciate the personal attack. Since I am the ONLY other person in that thread besides Bleak, do not try to claim it is not personal. I prefer my pompoms over the constant, incessant, never ending stream of vitriol displayed by the vast majority of posters across ALL UO forums.

I do apologize for setting the rest of you back 10 years every time I enjoy this game despite the bitter people who never have anything constructive to say and have zero capacity to ever be grateful for what they do get. There are ways to voice an opinion or disagreement without spewing overwhelming negativity.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I give my props to them when it's due... Not due here. Books are NOT fixed... still can't really use them at all in the EC. But what do they care they don't use the EC either as if they did most of these IMO game-breaking problems with it would be fixed. It's obvious they don't play... and even more obvious that they don't log into the EC and actually test anything at all in it.

You can wave your pompoms however you like but it doesn't change that.

It's great I won't ruin books anymore for everyone... though this isn't always true that the EC did that... as if books were leafed they were fine for the EC people to read.

How is this moving forward for people in the EC? It's moving forward for the CC users? But I'm fairly sure that the EC will be forgotten as always. Still can't read runes placed in my atlas for any places in Malas... still can't see any animated objects in my house... circle of transparency is still pathetic compared to the CC... still can't loot for squat years later... I still open public corpses and see them empty until I have to switch to list mode at which the stuff in the list jumps up and down and all around so much that I can't put a cursor over anything and if I try to scroll down every time someone moves anything on the corpse it jumps me back to the top of this making looting IMPOSSIBLE in the EC... and this is something I should pat them on the back for?

Looting is a MAJOR part of any game. Not being able to do it in UO makes it a GAME BREAKING issue IMO... yet it is not ever addressed. It's always blamed on Pinco... when it isn't Pinco's UI that is the problem this crap happens in vanilla UO as well... But I'm supposed to not be upset about it and wait??? How many more years should I wait??? It's been what at least 5 since this fiasco of a publish that ruined my looting in the first place...

Once upon a time, people in the EC could loot 10x faster than anyone... Once upon a time, I could see everything fine... I had no problem looting or opening public corpses at EM Events it didn't crash the client or lock it up solid. Then they changed the UI... and ever since it's been broken. That is what I know. I had to suffer for months while they were changing the UI... then they changed it and it broke looting. And it hasn't worked since but I'm not supposed to be upset about that? I'm supposed to give them a pat on the back when they do things to "fix" the EC but it doesn't fix a freaking thing?

They claimed to give us a "fix" for being locked up at EM Events when stupid partical effects like the white screen effect happen... I'm supposedly able to turn that off.... well here's a news flash for you... it's BACK and it's killing the EC and making everyone in the EC lock up and crash again since the latest publish or two... I can't turn the thing off and I'm stuck at EM Events without being able to see WTF is going on nor am I able to move... just hope and pray my character is still alive and functioning while I close down my client and reboot it because I'm locked up after each and every bright white flash... meanwhile people in the CC using 3 and 4 characters in tandem (yes multiboxing) are just fine... and they can loot too.... but I'm not supposed to be pissed off or upset about not being able to enjoy the things I want to enjoy in-game... I am supposed to kiss their ass and tell them it's all good... WHY????

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
As far as I can tell, not one thing was changed for CC books. This was all about EC, and our horrible, book-breaking, unable-to-use EC book system that users of BOTH clients have begging to be fixed for YEARS. What about the new EC book system makes it LESS able to use than it was before? That would be an example of constructive feedback. Unless you were in the habit of pasting oodles of info into an EC book and not caring if anyone else could read it, this is all win-win. It is unfortunate if a few lose out, but the vast majority of EC users now and in the future benefit.

As for the rest of the complaints, those were not being addressed in this patch and have no purpose in this thread.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yes I was in the habit of pasting stuff in the books and not caring if the CC could read it.... I could so sweep the rest of the issues with the EC under the carpet and pretend they don't exist still???

Yes because if we don't talk about it then it isn't an issue and we don't have to let them look bad... WRONG. I'm sorry I'm fed up with not being able to play my game as intended.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As for the rest of the complaints, those were not being addressed in this patch and have no purpose in this thread.
Complaining about everything in every thread no matter what the topic is kinda just what @MalagAste does. You'll just have to get used to it if you want to hang out around here, just like she will have to get used to my snarky comments about it.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Well, it is regrettable that you are one of the few who lost out on the EC book upgrade, it seems. If anyone actually reads my posts, I do point out things that do not work, and I am not shy about saying what I would like to see done differently - and I did so this time as well. I wish I could express my gratitude for now being able to actually use a book in the client that I prefer without suffering personal attacks for my gratitude. However, the reality is that the world and this game does not revolve around me, and I do not always get my way. In any case, this conversation has exceeded its potential for anything constructive. I would wish you a nice day, but I suspect that is not possible for most posters on this forum.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's obvious they don't play... and even more obvious that they don't log into the EC and actually test anything at all in it.
Around June of every year I get sick of eating what I serve to the public. By the end of November the last thing I want to see is a Messy Mike, A Pork Chop, Pulled Pork, or a grilled chicken. Then there is always the people you can't make happy no matter how hard you try. Even when 95% of the people tell you that yer product is great or the best they have ever had. There is still that 5% that will pick everything apart and I believe just keeping coming back just to complain. Then let one of the 5% see you sitting down after a show in Texas Roadhouse for a nice thick juicy steak with a mesquite grilled lobster on the side............ And OMFG HE DOES NOT EVEN EAT WHAT HE SERVES US! Guess what the last thing the folks that work at the steak house want to do after they get off work, is go home clean up and go back to the steakhouse to eat the same stuff they have been cooking and serving all day. No different in any job or business in the Devs case their job is to code, test and keep the game running and functional. After doing that all day do you think they are going to really want to go home fire up the computer and spend another 2-6 hours playing the game they have worked on all day? Add in the fact that it is a VERY SMALL team with a VERY LARGE work load and I am guessing they are even less inclined to spend their free time playing UO. They despite being game Gods are only Human :) I know the last thing I want to think about at the end of the day are hogs, chickens, gardens, fields, the commercial kitchen, the Chuck Wagon and everything on the farm that is broke, breaking or needs improved. I walk in the Cabin and unless something is on fire or dying..... it ceases to exist until I walk back out of the Cabin.

Pretty much sums up how everyone that has to deal with customers and the public really feels :)
shgh1.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well, it is regrettable that you are one of the few who lost out on the EC book upgrade, it seems. If anyone actually reads my posts, I do point out things that do not work, and I am not shy about saying what I would like to see done differently - and I did so this time as well. I wish I could express my gratitude for now being able to actually use a book in the client that I prefer without suffering personal attacks for my gratitude. However, the reality is that the world and this game does not revolve around me, and I do not always get my way. In any case, this conversation has exceeded its potential for anything constructive. I would wish you a nice day, but I suspect that is not possible for most posters on this forum.
Where did I attack you? I merely said that I'm not patting them on the back... again I ask why am I supposed to pat them on the back when I've been waiting for YEARS to be able to loot again. You want to jump for joy over them fixing books that's great... but I won't because they aren't fixed for me.

And yes I'm grumpy but why aren't others for not being able to loot??? It's a major part of the game. But I guess they are happy to just get whatever they got in their little slice of the pie when the mob dies if you can log back in after being locked up from the effects fast enough to actually get to loot your instanced corpse... IF ... many times I can't even do that. So the only corpse I get to try to loot is the public one.. which is impossible to loot. But I'm not supposed to care about that.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Writing a report? I didn't realize this is junior high school. I was sadly mis-informed this is a game we pay for.
  • Wednesday, 9/25 8pm C – Royal Britannian Guard Promotions
    Note: If you haven’t turned in a Guard Report you will NOT receive a promotion item. (Only 18 people are eligible)
You NOOBs can can come watch me get honored.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was told the full Soulbinder gives 10K Silver.

upload_2019-9-11_14-50-15.png

First item is the item that makes your weapon a slayer. Rest are on TC if you want to go see them.Or read about them in Patch notes above.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wait wait wait... the only wait you can get the pumpkin rowboat is with those binders? What about all those COINS???? :Begging:

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
  • Wednesday, 9/25 8pm C – Royal Britannian Guard Promotions
    Note: If you haven’t turned in a Guard Report you will NOT receive a promotion item. (Only 18 people are eligible)
You NOOBs can can come watch me get honored.
I was a real soldier, I don't play 'toy soldier' thank you.
Dig Dig Dig

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The coins and mysterious fragments are part of the main story arc (apparently), not the Treasures of the Sea event for Halloween. They don't always let us test those quests first; they don't like to give us spoilers. My impression from Dev comments is that part won't be for a little bit. The fragments might be a permanent addition to treasure chests, and might already be active. I honestly have no idea.

This years' Treasures of X seems to be a bit earlier than usual, and I am glad cuz we have to go looking for the spawn instead of just farming in a glazed over daze in a dungeon, so it takes longer. And there is no RNG, really, which makes me happy. Kill soulbound things, get roughly same amounts of points per type of kill, turn in bottle to get rewards. The only RNG is finding the ships and things, but I can deal with that since we don't (appear to) need 100 of them to get one item from the reward vendor. I might prefer the t-map spawn for points, depending how slow/fast they fill the bottles.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We have 2 story arcs and a mini event coming. Plus the normal Halloween stuff with new rewards!

We are lucky we can collect the items in advance. So we can go kill stuff immediately.

There will be plenty to do.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it would be nice if we just knew a fews things about mysterious crystals. people have spent many hours trying to see what they do even though we didn't know if active. I heard some lost fragments that sank in ground. we just need alittle info is all.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The shrines will become corrupted and we will use them to enter the event at Blackthorns Dungeon. Or something similar.