• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Forsaken Foes coming to Origin, Izumo, and Baja

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
9/9/2019 Greetings, Beginning with each shard’s normally scheduled maintenance on September 10th, 2019 we will be deploying Forsaken Foes to Origin, Izumo & Baja. Forsaken Foes is the third in our High Seas themed content updates for the year and brings updates to the Huntmaster’s Challenge, fresh rewards on Scalis, Charybdis, and Corgul, and a huge update to Aquariums! Forsaken Foes also brings 22nd Anniversary Rewards, a new vendor type, and various Quality of Life Changes! Please be sure to check out the latest publish notes for the full release details and give your feedback on the UO forums! We […]

Continue reading...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes – Ultima Online

:cheerleader:Notice how many changes were made due to feedback. :cheerleader:

If you give constructive input, Kyronix will look at it.
  • Added the “Silver Tincture” to the Fellowship Shop, which will provide slayer bonus to Soulbound creatures. Using the effect makes a player vulnerable to reponds.
The Orc Pumpkin Heads are not Orcs or repond. We can get a slayer add-on.
  • Based on player feedback added the “Leurocian’s Mempo of Fortune” to the Charybdis reward list.
A way to get the Mempo.
  • Based on player feedback updated the cost of rewards from the Fellowship Shop
Who asked for the rewards to be more than 1 Point! :fight:
  • Removed the turn-in NPCs from 2017 & 2018 iteration of the Treasures of Halloween as first indicated in the Publish 101 patch notes.
Last chance to get these rewards!!!!

I'm Ready!:party:

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The fishies are still going to die. I was nice, I said constructive input. Nope LOL! Still die. I just hope it won't be too horribly insane to get a pumpkin rowboat (hint hint Allen)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The fishies are still going to die. I was nice, I said constructive input. Nope LOL! Still die. I just hope it won't be too horribly insane to get a pumpkin rowboat (hint hint Allen)
A Llama in a Pumpkin Rowboat. I can get you a Fleet.

I noticed this:
  • Non-tameable creatures spawned as treasure guardians from treasure chests will also be “Soulbound”
You can participate without High Seas! Or getting your feet wet @obeeee

Dig Dig Dig

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
"Based on player feedback added the “Leurocian’s Mempo of Fortune” to the Charybdis reward list".

So they added it to the loot of the Boss nobody wanted to do that now has even more hoops to jump through and little chance of a reward....we could have bet money that's what they would do! *sigh*

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So they added it to the loot of the Boss nobody wanted to do that now has even more hoops to jump through and little chance of a reward....we could have bet money that's what they would do! *sigh*
Nobody wanted to do Charybdis because of its spawn mechanics + having no loot.

Everything they have done in the Publish had made it have good loot and make it easier to do.

Not sure I understand why you think they added more hoops

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Maybe because I read this post from MissE on the other forum:

"I have never done Charybdis due to lack of never getting the bait/oracle after goodness knows how many fishing quests, and even with the oracle being crafted, reading above I will still not be doing it. Having to burn through so many ancient sos's is not efficient to get an item that 'may' result in you finding the boss which then may allow you to get some .1% chance of getting a drop that you need.
I am seriously disappointed in that this is the worst boss in game to make part of any content that has new rewards involved. It is the boss that is the least done on any shard, and the one that is just too much of a pain to get to. I asked my limited amount of friends and not a single one has ever done it due to the above. I guess it will fall into the category of a boss that still no one will bother with, maybe once a year at best if someone else has bothered to get the stuff. Kinda like Cora and Doom.
Scalis and Corgul are fine, this one, useless, given the hoops you have to jump through to access it. To burn thought 18 ancient nets just to crafit it you should be guaranteed a main drop or it is just a serious waste of time and effort."

So did they make some drastic change that we didn't hear about yet? I know they made it spawnable more often but that doesn't change anything else if you don't have the items.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes well as I also said after that on the other forum I can't find where it says what is needed to 'craft' the oracle, only going on what Tanager said re burning through 18 ancient sos's to get the stuff to craft the stuff.

I am still unsure what exactly we need to craft the stuff..... , tried googling it but got no hit. However i noticed in another post over there someone has tested by doing 2 charybdis, 2 scalis and 2 corguls all for zero drops so I wouldn't be getting too excited.

From all accounts that boss is horrible to kill and I don't actually KNOW anyone who has ever bothered with it due to the hassle getting the stuff to actually spawn it, no one bothered so it wasn't an issue that it could only be done once a day as no one bothered with it at ALL. Anyone who wanted to do it could of done it lol.

Not sure what changing it to hourly will do if it is next to impossible or downright onerous to get the stuff to spawn it still. Maybe you will get the stuff once a yr, so when you actually get there you wanna hope you get a drop lol. Good luck with that.

Edit well I logged onto test to see what tool crafted it, it is the tinkering tool under the 'assembly' section. 5% chance as default at gm, with my tally it took it to 30%, only 24% with the master craftsman tally (protection fail) so not sure exactly what gets burned when you fail til I can test it.

upload_2019-9-10_21-49-18.png

given the ocean sapphires only spawn on ancient sos's not sure the drop rate on those.

Anyways, seems you can now also get the bait from (other than rare drops rewards from fishing quests) cooking trade:

upload_2019-9-10_21-54-41.png

Although not sure where you get the salted serpent steak from, could only find 'grilled' serpent steak in the cooking menu, and that requires a recipe and also fresh seasoning to make which needs 3 dried herbs.

But not sure where you get the salted one.

Anyone notice the HOOPS we will now have to jump through?

Attachments

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
My husband and I were back for over 3 years and our alliance on Europa was very active with two guild hunts a week, nobody in all that time ever suggested doing Charybdis, everyone lamented how they never had the necessary items to do it. So unless they made some major changes I still don't think it's going to be a regular thing. They are trying to force people to do it to get the Mempo, they could have added that to all 3 Boss encounters loot tables, but they didn't because they knew which one nobody would bother doing.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will admit I've not been paying a lot of attention to UO this summer. But I have been trying to read publish notes. Has there been any information provided yet from the dev team as to the purpose of the mysterious fragments (or whatever they are called, I haven't looked at the few I have in several months) found in treasure chests?

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know this is a noob question, but is the fellowship shop the same as the ultima store? I still have a lot to learn.
Thank You.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I will admit I've not been paying a lot of attention to UO this summer. But I have been trying to read publish notes. Has there been any information provided yet from the dev team as to the purpose of the mysterious fragments (or whatever they are called, I haven't looked at the few I have in several months) found in treasure chests?
Kyronix has refused to give any information at all, he just keeps repeating 'they are mysterious', I guess he thinks it's amusing but seriously it's starting to sound silly, not to mention people are getting a bit annoyed that they still don't know if they are collecting them for any useful purpose.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not sure how many of you noticed this down the end, but it is a fix that has been 10 yrs in the making. I asked about this back in March at the M&G on Oceania and was told pub 105, so the fact it seems like it has finally made it to pub 106 is pretty good. Not sure exactly what the last line 'issue' is til I can test, but this is a fix that has been needed for YEARS. I am just hoping that you can copy and paste into the books.... goes to tc to check.

• Classic Client: Increased the size of the book gump
  • Enhanced Client Book Update
    • Resolved issue where books opened in the EC would break viewing in the Classic Client due to saving incorrectly
    • Enhanced Client books now follow text editing rules that mimic the Classic Client
    • Enhanced Client books now use a Unicode font to support multiple languages
    • Known Issue: There are some line width differences when viewing books written in the EC via the CC
  • Oh well seems the tc has crashed, can't test

Last edited:

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) Oracle of the Sea: craftable with Tinkering, 5% success chance at GM, requires 3 ingots, 2 workable glass and 3 ocean sapphires. The ocean sapphires are apparently found as occasional loot in Ancient SOS (reported roughly 1 in 3-6 ASOS). Keep in mind that the Oracle is rechargeable though, so you will only need one for life.

2) Recharging the Oracle of the Sea requires a fish oil flask. Craftable with Cooking, 80% chance at GM. Apparently requires 8 raw fish steaks and 1 coffee grounds now.

3) Charybdis bait: craftable with Cooking, 5% chance at GM, requires 1 Samuel's secret sauce, 50 raw fish steaks, and 3 salted serpent steaks (not sure if these are the same steaks from the new Huntmaster's Challenge recipe).

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1) Oracle of the Sea: craftable with Tinkering, 5% success chance at GM, requires 3 ingots, 2 workable glass and 3 ocean sapphires. The ocean sapphires are apparently found as occasional loot in Ancient SOS (reported roughly 1 in 3-6 ASOS). Keep in mind that the Oracle is rechargeable though, so you will only need one for life.

2) Recharging the Oracle of the Sea requires a fish oil flask. Craftable with Cooking, 80% chance at GM. Apparently requires 8 raw fish steaks and 1 coffee grounds now.

3) Charybdis bait: craftable with Cooking, 5% chance at GM, requires 1 Samuel's secret sauce, 50 raw fish steaks, and 3 salted serpent steaks (not sure if these are the same steaks from the new Huntmaster's Challenge recipe).
I checked the recipe from the huntmaster, that is for 'grilled serpent steaks' which is also the only thing I could find on the cooking tool.

EDIT: It appears the salted serpent steaks are also what you 'may' get by fishing up an ancient sos. Along with the ocean sapphires so it will be down to the rng as to how many of those you need fish up to get what you need.

Last edited:

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A Llama in a Pumpkin Rowboat. I can get you a Fleet.

I noticed this:
  • Non-tameable creatures spawned as treasure guardians from treasure chests will also be “Soulbound”
You can participate without High Seas! Or getting your feet wet @obeeee

Dig Dig Dig
By the looks of that first post, you've had a bit too much coffee!
I'm not finding it all so exciting.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would have rather seen the Mempo put on Corgul or Scalis but with the changes to the timer, the Oracle and Charybdis it looks to be a lot easier to do and the loot potential worthwhile. Prior to these changes about the only reason to do Charybdis was so you could say you did Charybdis. Might have to do 500 of them to get a Mempo or might only have to do one............. that is just the nature of the RNG. The important thing here though is the Mempo is obtainable once again through game play, even if you don't like how it is available :)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
crafted a cowl on test (like the scholar halo thing) but cant equip it. anyone else have this trouble?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Charybdis was hardly ever done because it's a roayal pain... I've killed it 2 times... and the loot sucks quite frankly... adding an ugly ass mempo to it doesn't make the loot any better for the pain that it is to kill the thing.

Personally I'd rather find other ways to waste my life than kill the thing. Thankfully I already own 2 or 3 of the ugly mempo's... and don't need to farm one.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I have been looking forward to the most in all of this is the new vendor. I literally stopped vending stuff because of the vendor fees on the old vendors. The New vendor using lock downs/storage means nothing to me. I can see where it would be a problem for folks with 1 to a couple of houses at or close to max storage capacity. But over all I believe the new vendors will be very good for us lower pop shard players and far more profitable than things sitting and vendor fees adding up until you are losing gold on most of what you offer.

The aquariums and fish I could care less about :)

Still not feeling any love or excitement about pumpkin row boats, cannons or helmets.

Mempo on Charybdis and the changes to that system overall do make me happy as Charybdis is a fun encounter but was just such a PITA to get to and nothing that made the time and effort investment worth doing it. Looks like that has all changed for the better. Oracles are not all that difficult to make or recharge but do take a bit of time and effort. The reduction in the timer was long over due. I suspect the folks selling Mempos for crazy high prices will not be pleased with this as people will start farming Charybdis and the number of Mempos in game will increase over time hopefully driving those prices down.

Huntmaster stuff is mostly useless to me beyond what was already there.

Overall a good pub with a little bit that fits into everyones interest and play styles. For me the new vendor type and the Charybdis changes are the highlights of the pub. And see no reason to complain about the other content that holds no interest for me, beyond saying it just does interest me :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Charybdis was hardly ever done because it's a roayal pain... I've killed it 2 times... and the loot sucks quite frankly... adding an ugly ass mempo to it doesn't make the loot any better for the pain that it is to kill the thing.

Personally I'd rather find other ways to waste my life than kill the thing. Thankfully I already own 2 or 3 of the ugly mempo's... and don't need to farm one.
LOL I have 6 that I used bless deeds on and could use another couple dozen :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL I have 6 that I used bless deeds on and could use another couple dozen :)
Oh I am glad I have a few but willing to waste time killing a mob that gives jack for loot besides this??? No, not really.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good thing thats not the only loot its getting then. Also, seems like the Devs actually listened to your previous feedback about Charybdis eh?

My husband and I were back for over 3 years and our alliance on Europa was very active with two guild hunts a week, nobody in all that time ever suggested doing Charybdis
Yea....because its only loot was a bunch of fish steaks and 1 piece of worthless epiphany armor for the fisher.
it is the boss that is the least done on any shard, and the one that is just too much of a pain to get to
Least done because again, it had no loot and it WAS a pain to get to! Luckily that's exactly what they are addressing in the publish isn't it?

Oracle of Seas? Now you can also craft it
Timer? Changed
Multiple can now spawn at the same time
Has new loot!

Not to mention, one of the best things to use on Charybdis were cannons + those were much improved in Rising Tides = a much easier boss

Charybdis is easy. I dragged 3 of my friends to do it with me when it was newer. The hardest part about the fight was using the stupid cannons.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some were complaining because you can craft the Charybdis Items now. If more would go give constructive feedback instead of complaining after the fact, maybe other things would have changed.

We still have Jolly Roger!

Turkish

Journeyman
I'm on Baja, but can't find anyone who is selling the new commission vendor. The release updates says they are sold wherever vendor deeds are normally sold, but I can only find the regular version of employment contracts. Anyone know where I can find a commission vendor?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on Baja, but can't find anyone who is selling the new commission vendor. The release updates says they are sold wherever vendor deeds are normally sold, but I can only find the regular version of employment contracts. Anyone know where I can find a commission vendor?
On test center, I bought mine from a banker. However, not every banker sold them. So if one doesn't have it, check the other.

Turkish

Journeyman
On test center, I bought mine from a banker. However, not every banker sold them. So if one doesn't have it, check the other.
I've checked just about every bank and each banker within at this point. I don't see them anywhere. I wonder if there was a mistake in the patch.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've checked just about every bank and each banker within at this point. I don't see them anywhere. I wonder if there was a mistake in the patch.
Same on Origin. Guess I'll make a post in the official forum unless someone beat me to it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Either that or someone beat you to it and they are sold out for now.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Collected 100 22nd anni bag on Origin and the RNG hates me today or the rare hues are really rare. Got 1 out of the 100, not complaining lol I actually like rare things to be rare :) Not even sure what color to call that..... Maybe puked on after drinking too many foo foo drinks hue ?

wings.png

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure how many of you noticed this down the end, but it is a fix that has been 10 yrs in the making. I asked about this back in March at the M&G on Oceania and was told pub 105, so the fact it seems like it has finally made it to pub 106 is pretty good. Not sure exactly what the last line 'issue' is til I can test, but this is a fix that has been needed for YEARS. I am just hoping that you can copy and paste into the books.... goes to tc to check.

• Resolved issue where books opened in the EC would break viewing in the Classic Client due to saving incorrectly
    • Enhanced Client books now follow text editing rules that mimic the Classic Client
    • Known Issue: There are some line width differences when viewing books written in the EC via the CC
Yeah - One of the truly annoying things was that I made a list of music box gears needed for all of my friends' boxes (plus the one I'm trying to fill for a future player event prize), and 2 lines in each page in the book are "in limbo" after the book was broken - you have to add lines to pop them onto the next page, or delete lines to bring them back.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, those complaining about the mempo's look - isn't it one of the items that can be made into something else as a result of the event, as well?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And, those complaining about the mempo's look - isn't it one of the items that can be made into something else as a result of the event, as well?
also look a little better if you change the color to something darker :)

mempo.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Collected 100 22nd anni bag on Origin and the RNG hates me today or the rare hues are really rare. Got 1 out of the 100, not complaining lol I actually like rare things to be rare :) Not even sure what color to call that..... Maybe puked on after drinking too many foo foo drinks hue ?

View attachment 101849
"Gangrenous flesh"

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Gangrenous flesh"
Sad thing is that now that I hung it on the Ori gate house wall.......... it will be there for all time :) Should have displayed it in the Luna Trailer Trash House :(

BTW the stench from the overflowing sewage from the outhouse is not bothering you too bad is it? You being down wind and all :)

Last edited:

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some were complaining because you can craft the Charybdis Items now. If more would go give constructive feedback instead of complaining after the fact, maybe other things would have changed.

We still have Jolly Roger!
Constructive feedback = trash the whole idea. And Devs, since you have all this time fix my tmaps you turned to Cache!
And Allen, settle down. There are meds for you now!

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a response on the other forum:

Kyronix said: @ Maximus_Neximus Re: Looking into the commission vendor - might need to go through another maintenance cycle to refresh all the vendors.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards

View attachment 101849
CopperPatina.jpg
I"d say its pretty close to the 22 year of weathered copper

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Ok so this is a fail.

Cannot 'paste' a few pages into a book with ctrl v , you get like the first page and that is IT.

FAIL FAIL FAIL :(

upload_2019-9-11_11-12-27.png

That is as much as it copied and pasted into an EC book.... If someone has the CC installed please copy and paste my original post text (as in the quote above) into a book and see how much of the text copies. From memory it should copy the whole lot to fill the pages until done or the book is full. I thought I had cc installed but I don't and can't be bothered to download it again.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok so this is a fail.

Cannot 'paste' a few pages into a book with ctrl v , you get like the first page and that is IT.

View attachment 101908

That is as much as it copied and pasted into an EC book.... If someone has the CC installed please copy and paste my original post text (as in the quote above) into a book and see how much of the text copies. From memory it should copy the whole lot to fill the pages until done or the book is full. I thought I had cc installed but I don't and can't be bothered to download it again.
This was changed when 106 went to TC. In CC the books are bigger than before and you can past in them.

They paste fine.

upload_2019-9-10_20-43-8.png

I dont know if the words stay if you die.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok so this is a fail.

View attachment 101908

*sigh* ... why am I not surprised.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This was changed when 106 went to TC. In CC the books are bigger than before and you can past in them.

They paste fine.

View attachment 101909

I dont know if the words stay if you die.
So in otherwords they didn't 'fix' the EC books, they still won't paste into as the cc ones do. This has always been a problem. When you are trying to do a player run event or something, rules or instructions, you usually type into a text or word doc then copy to an in game book, it works fine in cc but always bugged out in the EC and wouldn't copy so you would need to do it manually page by page, so basically a fail. It is still a fail as EC books will still not copy anything after the first page.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So in otherwords they didn't 'fix' the EC books, they still won't paste into as the cc ones do. This has always been a problem. When you are trying to do a player run event or something, rules or instructions, you usually type into a text or word doc then copy to an in game book, it works fine in cc but always bugged out in the EC and wouldn't copy so you would need to do it manually page by page, so basically a fail. It is still a fail as EC books will still not copy anything after the first page.
When I am writing a report during an EM event I write the notes in notepad and copy paste to the book right before I turn it in. The books in CC will go blank for reasons I dont know. I do not know if that was fixed.

They are bigger now...