• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

so.... this years Halloween event (pub 106) ???

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
HalloweenColor.jpg
the colors have always been previewed on test shard.
the token matches the clickie you got it from.
And the armor drops are always shown on the clickies too.
I first noticed that last year, cause the clickie matched the armor drops when we got them.
And I didn't get armor drops when it was on TC, just when it went worldwide...

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
SandOnCorgul.png
I was worried about the amount of sand I would need.
I used up 1500 sand just to make 14 soulbinders (without using a loss prevention talisman)
I was so relieved when I read this

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten a LOT of sand from sinking Merchant Ships, anywhere from 50 to 250 in most of them.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Pretty sure that's not the sand you use.
I was assuming Kyronix meant the sand we already have, otherwise he would have said ethereal sand.
it takes both sand & ethereal sand to make the soulbinder.
I used my sand from production shards for crafting the new stuff, but ran out and was only able to make 14 soulbinders.

I have never turned in a map for Corgul, but I know that before you could turn in a 6 or 7.
so does that mean you can turn in a 4 or 5 now?
I would like to test Corgul, to see how much you can get there

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You can use any map lvl for corgul tattered or digged doesnt matter, you need one of thoose and a world map.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You can use any map lvl for corgul tattered or digged doesnt matter, you need one of thoose and a world map.
we did a completed level 6 before and the spawn was the only thing on the island.
was that a bug or does that mean someone else had already killed him for that day.
someone said that you can only kill him every 7 hours?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Cinderella look at the bottom of the world map and it should say how long your have. If it was only a few mins than he didn't spawn. He can be buggy at times. I hope that this isn't the only Halloween event. Also does anyone know how many people can use the soul things on the same dead boss? Is it everyone that killed it or just he lucky (quickest) one to target and store his soul?

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thing is, though, that all of the 2019 ongoing event, called Rising Tide is based on a revamp of High Seas, which was all about the Sea....

So, given the theme, I do not see anything wrong, in having it all based on the Sea.
My point was making the choice of the seas in the first place, beginning to end. It's all FUBAR

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im not gonna lie, ever since they started the Halloween dungeon events ive really looked forward to each year and what it would bring.

what color is the drop armor and weapons gonna be.
what is the name on it gonna be.
will i be able to get a full set of it in bone.

was easily my fav content every year last couple years running.

so ya, im more than a little disappointed that it went away this year.

its such a shame too because they had so many more dungeons to work though.
they've only done one in Malas, one in T2A, one in Ilsh and one in Eoden.
hell they haven't even done any of the original dungeons yet!

Last edited:

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
im not gonna lie, ever since they started the Halloween dungeon events ive really looked forward to each year and what it would bring.

what color is the drop armor and weapons gonna be.
what is the name on it gonna be.
will i be able to get a full set of it in bone.

was easily my fav content every year last couple years running.

so ya, im more than a little disappointed that is went away this year.

it such a shame too because they had so many more dungeons to work though.
they've only done one in Malas, one in T2A, one in Ilsh and one in Eoden.
hell they haven't even done any of the original dungeons yet!
I'm thinking this years, it will be in Blackthorn's Dungeon.
And that's why we can't get into the Dungeon on TC
the quest to do it, won't be there until its worldwide.

And usually they show the color of the armor drops, on the statues that you click on TC.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Maybe they do now that nobody is farming him and are trying to change that? I'd encourage them in making positive changes to the content that nobody uses anymore.
Charybdis is a female, from ancient lore. The lore also has "Symbligades Stones" two giant rocks that form a passage between them, that a ship must go through, then when the ship is in they close and crash the ship and its crew. They had to time the passage of the ship just right to avoid being crushed. Then what followed was this beast Charybdis, and then Skylla another massive Hydra-like monster, Jason and the argonauts had to survive, to finally get to the fabled Golden Fleece that had miraculous powes such as give life back to a dead human etc.
Would be interesting if some more of this stuff finds its way into UO.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree with the disappointment but that seems to be the norm of late... everything is a big ass grind... boring grindy and NOT fun... the sounds of the new "event" are grind, grind, grind your life away gathering sand, spend ages grind out making the bottle go have 10 to 20 min of "fun" gathering up souls and turn the few of them in for Meh rewards... and grind grind grind away again..... Does NOT sound fun to me. Sounds epically boring and grindy like most everything else in game is turning into.

And people wonder why I complain a lot. Because the "fun" is being systematically destroyed and turned into a boring grind only rewarding those who cheat... and those of us who don't have 24/7 to grind and grind some more are left with less and less to do... and more and more of the game is focused on Solo gameplay..... which IMO if I wanted to play Solo I'd play a Solo game.... like Skyrim.... or something of that nature not an MMORPG...

I'm grumpy and complain because I'm sick of seeing the game I used to love so much whittled down into a boring cash grab grindfest. I'm tired of watching my friends quit... tired of seeing things I enjoyed ruined... and tired of having to deal with constant bugs.

Once upon a time I used to rock things... used to be I could loot super fast... incredibly fast... but the DEVs saw fit to destroy the EC looting so now I can't loot a damn thing anymore at EM Events... hell can't even get the public corpses to open anymore without crashing the client half the time and if I do manage to get it open all the crap in there is jumping about so much you can't even see WTF your looking at since it's perpetually in motion and you can't even try to pick anything up..... so yeah I'm grumpy and I complain a lot.... they have taken away pretty much all the fun from the game and made it near impossible to play without grinding, cheating, or just giving up doing anything but deco... and even there you find constant bugs... deco all you like but when you can't see half the stuff you are working with it kills that fun too...

If I had to go back to playing in the CC and keeping sheets to tell me what is the caps and all that crap and having to go plug in all pet lore stuff into some website to check if the pet is worth taming or not I'd rather quit.

I don't want to have to work and do complicated math and all that crap to play a game .... I want to play the game to relax and get away from doing all that complicate crap I have to do all day long at work...

So yes.. I complain. I miss the simpler times in UO. When there was an abundance of players actually playing.. not afk scripting. When what was "fun" was gathering with friends and doing things as a group.... not going off all alone.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The amount of grind we have here makes most free-to-play games look like a leisurely walk in the park, they might like to remember sometimes that not ALL of the player-base are actually retired! We can't all just sit playing UO all day we have other stuff we need to do and other people to look after. Many players only have a couple of hours a day or a few hours a week. I wish they had brought back the Treasures of Tokuno style events, I liked those and you could join in even with limited play time. :(

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping for more armor sets as well. Thats just one of the things I collect. I dont mind things being a little grindy but like mentioned, Not all of us can play 22 hrs a day. But then again I guess we could run scripts while we are gone to make up for the time lost doing everyday things like WORK. Its not like they care or anything.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
So, um, you can't test this on Test Center? Does this mean something untested will be going live?
looks like it.
also looks like they are behind schedule too
the final release to TC was supposed to have been two days ago
wondering if that pushes back when it goes world wide

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
looks like it.
also looks like they are behind schedule too
the final release to TC was supposed to have been two days ago
wondering if that pushes back when it goes world wide

lol no.

They make deadlines for WW, whether it's ready or not.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nothing ever goes live without testing. That would be bad. Wouldn't it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
The exact method for the events will be tested on baja and origin. Just like the gumshoe part from last year.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nothing ever goes live without testing. That would be bad. Wouldn't it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Stuff goes live all the time without "us" testing it.. more and more often it goes out and isn't IMO tested at all and I often wonder just what the QA person does... Since I can't for the life of me figure how they passed on unlegible things like the words in the EC Atlas... they are so light you can't read most of them... thankfully Pinco fixed it... but it's sad Pinco has to fix so many of the problems with the EC ... too bad he can't fix all of them.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I know for sure is you cannot stack the amount of ethereal sand you have. Will not go over 5k no matter what. And the one gold/coin price for the fellowship toys is a placeholder. (aww) Kyronix said so. Must be true. :) And I think that blue sand will make awesome player pond deco for water elements.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you all seem to think what is currently on test center is all the publish will have? Before criticizing this years content perhaps you should wait until you see the final notes.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you all seem to think what is currently on test center is all the publish will have? Before criticizing this years content perhaps you should wait until you see the final notes.
I heard this one before. By the time you see final notes it's way too late. Generally it's also too late by the time you see stuff on TC. Yes, they occasionally change things according to feedback once on TC. But generally that is the stuff they are not sure about to start with. For the most part, once you see something on TC, it's going production regardless of what players say. They have their 2 year schedule, and are not about to fall behind because some players are not happy.
The game is littered with poor to horrible design decisions. All of them were criticized prior to release. 99% of them are still with us, some a decade or more after release.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no they don't, they use many chars and get many cargo. they use the regular ships
A while back I tried putting an EJ character on a boat with my regular character. Had the EJ cast a damage spell on the beacon and then destroyed it with my main. The EJ character did not get a drop.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A while back I tried putting an EJ character on a boat with my regular character. Had the EJ cast a damage spell on the beacon and then destroyed it with my main. The EJ character did not get a drop.
I tried the same thing, my EJ doesn't have high seas either. No drops
I only tried after I heard you could.