• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Castles Voting (Warning Picture Heavy)

Gallica

Visitor
Thankyou MalagAste and Cinderella for all the effort you both put into creating this reference for us all. It is very much appreciated!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's my pleasure... I know others did it in the past votes so I figured you know do my community service... I can't wait to see how the votes turn out. *crosses fingers* there are so many wonderful designs!

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, MalagAste!
I'm pleasantly surprised by a few very nice designs which aren't solely constructed for the purpose of showing off items, but offer potential for roleplaying. This time, I may actually vote for someone else's work instead of my own.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your video is awesome... I need to learn to do that.

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Robin's Roost - Robin
2. Camelot - CaMeLoT
3. Unnamed - Maya Foxglove
4. Okinawa Castle - Taka
5. Unnamed - Ra'Dian FI'Gith
6. Castle Terra - Mielikki Terra
7. Duel - PIT
8. Lacrimae in Caelo - Tears in Heaven
9. Stone Castle - Have A Good Day
10. The white Castle - Gloria
11. Traditional Castle - Newcastle Arms
12. Classic Tudor Castle - Pepper
13. Brown House - Taylor Swift
14. Castle INN - Bee
15. Grand Estate - Tatiana Thorn
16. Gilfane Manor - Sara Dale
17. Sandstone Castle - Lex Anteris
18. Sarah's Sanctuary - Sarah
19. Grimswind Sisters - Sis Draper
20. Dunescape - Tarzan

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm hoping mine #11 gets picked...

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
round 1 # 85 cuz it was different plus the house owner was michelle and 2 I voted for # 14 cuz the way it was built

Dramora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
#1 was my first vote and I was happy to see it in the second round! I'm hoping it makes it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
#1 was my first vote and I was happy to see it in the second round! I'm hoping it makes it.
I liked #1 as well just wished they would have left off those arches on the rooms so I could decide if I wanted arches or doors on most of those... as I would have preferred having more doors but with the arches there I can't have them.

Gallica

Visitor
I am disappointed that there were so many better designs in my opinion that did not make the final 20. However perhaps my "taste" is different to the majority and that's just how it goes. In the end I chose 2 for the final vote, these I could live in although there are aspects of both that are less than desirable. #1 Robins Roost, a good design, you can get to all parts of it. But I really don't like the staircase set up. They just don't flow and on the final level there is a wall that has to be manouvered to get to the next flight. It would have been much better to have left that wall out entirely. I also don't like all the doors on the third level. Better to have left them out and let people add them if they want to. My other votes went to #12 Tudor. Again a good design there's a lot I like but there are some things I don't also. The grey bamboo is one......but at least you can cover that up. I'm also not too keen on the sloping granite walls on the roof, but I do think they fit the design so can live with that too. The ability to put your own internal walls where you want to put them is a plus also.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking it would be good and bad if we knew how many votes we received in the first round. This would give you idea am I close to what other players like or should I scrape the whole idea I had. Part of me says that I don't want to know because it could be pretty demoralizing.
I just find it interesting that some of the designs reached the top 20. But everyone has their idea of what makes a cool and useful castle. Looking forward to the next contest. Good luck to the finalist of this round.

Last edited:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The vote tally should be public. I'd like to know how many votes each received and the total votes, for all the entries.

Something strange I noticed during voting. My entries in Trammel all mostly had like 150-170 visits yet my entry in Felucca only had 90 visits. It was the highest on the list though at #122.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I had over 200 visits to my entry but I believe over half were due to daily spawns such as animals and healers that went on the steps. This would explain some of the descrepencies.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I went to every castle but didn't go inside wasn't really interested in the insides. I was mostly interested in the roofs and how the outside looked.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Well, I won't be putting down 40-50 million for any of those.

Pretty disappointing selection there.
I know right?

then first place is robin's I went to see it out of curiosity. What's so good about it? no creativity, nothing. Looks pretty much like a regular castle with a few little differences. It is even uglier than a regular castle (sorry).

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think those pics are from an earlier release.... maybe Malagaste will edit for the pub number and we can get a new thread?

my short list (excluding my own house) is down to 6....

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I think those pics are from an earlier release.... maybe Malagaste will edit for the pub number and we can get a new thread?

my short list (excluding my own house) is down to 6....
and your number is?

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
and your number is?
uhh.....

919-867-5309

LOL

Seriously, my name is all over it so should be able to figure it out. ;)
Gotta say I am hard-pressed to vote on my own compared to these other 6 I like.

We need a separate thread fr pub 106.
And I noticed ppl are posting their homes (with concept writeups) over in the Homes and Castles board.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
uhh.....

919-867-5309

LOL

Seriously, my name is all over it so should be able to figure it out. ;)
Gotta say I am hard-pressed to vote on my own compared to these other 6 I like.

We need a separate thread fr pub 106.
And I noticed ppl are posting their homes (with concept writeups) over in the Homes and Castles board.
thanks for the phone number (icq) sweetheart but I meant your castle # ;)

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
did not see #10 castle, dragons nest, by dragon master. dam it. it is on the test center stone