• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Which Properties Do You Like on Non-Meddable Armor?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's do the same exercise again and talk about non-meddable armor, i.e., bone, studded, hide, chainmail, ringmail, platemail, dragon, and stone armor. (Might have missed something in there!)

I've always assumed that it's non-mage characters that use the non-meddable armor. However, because the Mage Armor property exists, I know that assumption could be very wrong.

So which characters use all that hefty armor?

How important is stamina loss reduction and is it important enough to make you stick to chainmail, ringmail, platemail, and dragon armor?

Does seeing the Mage Armor property on studded, hide, bone, or stone armor automatically make you disregard the piece for your non-mage character?

Is it important to you to be able to use the armor refinement components?

Do you prefer certain types of crafted heavy armor because of material bonuses? Do you ever add material bonuses to looted items by enhancing?

Is it important to have LRC on heavy armor for a non-mage character, e.g., to avoid tithing for chivalry spells?

If you're using necromancy on a dexxer, how important is it that your armor is completely meddable? Do you need full LRC on the suit?

Is it practical or desirable to try to equip a mage in heavy armor and can you get away with not having Mage Armor on every heavy armor piece? If so, how do you do it and why do you do it? Is it feasible to pay a mage guildmaster NPC to add the Mage Armor property to pieces you want to use?

Which heavy armor properties are a waste of space because you can pick up those properties on other parts of your gear?

I'll try to come up with a list of the properties I'm seeing on heavy armor but it will be later tonight. I'm hoping maybe we can come up with some recommendations for the devs for "heavy armor" in the treasure chests so more of it is usable and isn't just thrown out or unraveled.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does seeing the Mage Armor property on studded, hide, bone, or stone armor automatically make you disregard the piece for your non-mage character?
No, you just bring the piece to the mage in new haven to remove mage property thus being able to utilize the 55% lmc cap for non mage armor. Works great on certain builds that have no med and/or focus.
I only use that on one mage type character, but it only works if I use a suit that has 30 mana regen total. So I need 3-4 mr on everything I wear and hold.

This means I can play bard songs on my 4x pure bard with no med or focus. Disco songs don't last forever, but peace/provo songs do. It also allows me to cast spells as needed.
This char also has max int so that may make a difference in mana regen.

Is it practical or desirable to try to equip a mage in heavy armor and can you get away with not having Mage Armor on every heavy armor piece? If so, how do you do it and why do you do it? Is it feasible to pay a mage guildmaster NPC to add the Mage Armor property to pieces you want to use?
AFAIK you can't add mage armor on a piece via the mage npc if it has over 4 intensity slots already used.

One more edit, for the above mage type nonmed suit you also want lrc, lmc and int

*bolded edits

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you hadn't noticed yet, the loot in the cache, horde and trove chests will be associated with specific themes. So far, I've come up with the following armor and shield items showing up in the Artisan through Ranger themes. Still working towards checking that Warrior chest contents hasn't changed from the first pass on TC.

ARTISAN ARMOR:
- Octopus Necklace (it has no properties and so far cannot be modified)
(All the cloth hats that were showing up, minus bandanas, have disappeared!)

ASSASSIN ARMOR:
- Bandana
- Chainmail Coif
- Chainmail Leggings
- Chainmail Tunic
- Ringmail Gloves
- Ringmail Leggings
- Ringmail Sleeves
- Ringmail Tunic
(Still looking for mempo and ninja jacket. Have to do some Tokuno chests.)

MAGE ARMOR:
- Bone Helmet (not seeing Mage Armor on these as a property)
- Wizard's Hat
- Leaf Arms
- Leaf Gloves
- Leaf Gorget
- Leaf Leggings
- Leaf Tunic
- Leather Gloves
- Leather Gorget
- Leather Leggings
- Leather Skirt
- Leather Sleeves
- Leather Tunic
- Leather Bustier
- Female Leather Armor
- Leather Shorts
- Gargish Cloth Arms
- Gargish Cloth Chest
- Gargish Cloth Kilt
- Octopus Necklace

RANGER ARMOR:
- Raven Helm
- Hide Gloves
- Hide Gorget
- Hide Pants
- Hide Pauldrons
- Studded Gloves
- Studded Gorget
- Studded Leggings
- Studded Sleeves
- Studded Tunic
- Woodland Arms
- Woodland Gauntlets
- Woodland Gorget

In the first pass of testing, Barbarian chests had the types of armor listed below. However, this theme was eliminated and the contents were to be divided among the other themes.
BARBARIAN ARMOR (no longer exists as a theme):
- Platemail Arms
- Platemail Gloves
- Platemail Gorget
- Plate Helm
- Female Elven Plate
- Female Plate
- Gauntlets (wooden)
- Woodland Gorget
- Woodland Leggings
- Dragon Helm
- Small Platemail Jingasa
- Gargish Stone Amulet

I have to do more Warrior chests since the recent changes to TC. However, below is what I noted from the first pass of testing for these chests. I'm guessing this theme picked up the platemail, dragon helm, and stone armor from the Barbarian theme. Seems chainmail and ringmail moved to Assassin from Barbarian.
WARRIOR ARMOR (may have changed with current pass of testing):
- Helmet
- Leather Cap
- Tricorne Hat
- Vulture Helm
- Winged Helm
- Chainmail Leggings
- Ringmail Sleeves
- Dragon Gloves
- Dragon Leggings
- Dragon Sleeves

WARRIOR SHIELDS:
- Heater Shield
- Metal Kite Shield
- Tear Kite Shield
- Gargish Chaos Shield
- Large Plate Shield
- Medium Plate Shield
- Small Plate Shield

Also, the first pass of testing had gargish cloth and leather wing armor with no properties. Kyronix said they would be getting properties, but I haven't seen any yet in this next pass of testing.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(All the cloth hats that were showing up, minus bandanas, have disappeared!)
I hope that is to run thru the artwork for being able to wear a Parrot, and see its face, wearing any type of headgear.

Bandanas never had that issue. It was stated at last meet and greet in Atlantic it would be fixed for the next publish.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't care about medable armor for my sampire.

Key must have mods :

Stamina Increase (Need as much as possible to increase swing speed)
Mana Increase (Need as much as possible for specials - i have very little INT - the points are all in DEX and STR)
LMC (Need to max across the suit to reduce the cost of specials)

Nice to have mods :
HCI/DCI (Need this on at least a few pieces in the suit to max my HCI/DCI)
HP increase
HP/Mana/Stamina Regen

Resists - as high as possible with emphasis on Fire resist as a vampire your suit needs like 95 fire to combat the effects of Vampiric embrace

My sampires are pretty much all elves because you get free nightsight, you get extra energy resist and you can wear more armor - really no downsides to elves - at all.

So most of my sampire armor is a few key artifacts (like mace and sheild glasses for the Hit Lower Defense) and then woodland armor. You can enhance it to get DCI/HCI added along with imbuing up the properties above.
So I'll imbue all pieces with Stamina 8, Mana 8, LMC 7 or 8 (only need enough to max LMC across the suit) then a bunch of resists and enhance with Heartwood hoping to get HCI/DCI.

a gorget.jpg a legs.jpg

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty much what Theo said. I prefer to use looted bone or studded armor for the extra LMC. If I have to imbue a piece to complete a suit it's always studded for me. Non-med to me means warrior only. I know there's setups where you use non-med with a mage, but that isn't for me.

I don't always follow this, but ideally it's my top priorities:
stamina increase
high resists - or enough to compliment what's needed
str/dex/int bonuses
mana increase/hpi
hci/dci - as needed
regens - preferably mr or hpr

Jewelry is all about SSi and over-capped DI to me. When I make weapons ,I will only put one or the other on it. So I need to make up for the other in my suit. Usually DI on the suit and SSI on the weapon.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to hijack this into crafting... But you can use a runic saw to reforge 5 hci on a bunch of the same pieces... Then imbue with Heartwood hoping for hci... That way u can get 10 on pieces....

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not to hijack this into crafting... But you can use a runic saw to reforge 5 hci on a bunch of the same pieces... Then imbue with Heartwood hoping for hci... That way u can get 10 on pieces....
Yes, BUT in this case you are limited to 5 mods (HCI plus others then 5% more HCI). IF you craft without HCI then add it with heartwood - you can have 6 mods.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty much what Theo said. I prefer to use looted bone or studded armor for the extra LMC. If I have to imbue a piece to complete a suit it's always studded for me. Non-med to me means warrior only. I know there's setups where you use non-med with a mage, but that isn't for me.

I don't always follow this, but ideally it's my top priorities:
stamina increase
high resists - or enough to compliment what's needed
str/dex/int bonuses
mana increase/hpi
hci/dci - as needed
regens - preferably mr or hpr

Jewelry is all about SSi and over-capped DI to me. When I make weapons ,I will only put one or the other on it. So I need to make up for the other in my suit. Usually DI on the suit and SSI on the weapon.
So do you use the quest item to remove the DI on your weapons since they all come with some level of DI when crafted based on your arms lore?

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So do you use the quest item to remove the DI on your weapons since they all come with some level of DI when crafted based on your arms lore?
I craft non-exceptional axes and reforge to 100% elemental. Since it's a two handed weapon, I can still imbue everything except maybe one thing to max. It just depends if I imbue super or regular slayer.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My archers need Dex and Stamina on each piece because the weapons are slower than Melee weapons. I need 210 stamina with 30 SSI to get 1.5s on a composite. Otherwise I would need 270 stam 30SSI for 1.25. Or 210 Stam 51 SSI.

So I am stuck at 1.5s.

I dont need Stam Regen because the goal is to not take damage. I need Mana Regen.

So Id like this with higher resists or more stats like +Mana:
upload_2019-5-21_19-37-55.png

All my warriors use, Gloves of Fuedal Grip, Britches of warding, and Prismatic Lenses or Mace and shield.

So I only need Arms, Chest, and Gorget to make a suit.

Dex loot is the most uncommon. The Roof drops much more Intel/Mana loot than Dex.

This would be worth a lot if it were Studded or Hide.
upload_2019-5-21_19-45-18.png

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've found 95% of what I see that is "usable" at all has mage properties mainly... I rarely if ever find an item that is geared to a dexer.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I started another spreadsheet for armor and shields that is like the one I made and posted about last night for weapons. Still have a lot to add to it, but here is what it looks like so far. Will be adding to it later today. Time to stop for now.
Publish 105 Armor and Shields (Round 2)
Nice job ty for the spread sheet, so much easier for me to digest. So the only armor that you are getting is ring/chain (noisy) and I do not see any cloth/leather (quite) armor. Aren't assassins suppose to be stealthy killer types. I also thought that there was suppose to be a lot more higher end type stuff so where is the major loot upgrade in all of this. I see that you got 3 legendary items out of 33. Any good jewelry?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
+8-10 Stamina
+DEX
+8-10% LMC
+2-4 MR
High Resists

Anything else is a bonus. Finding a piece with +5 HPI/+Stam/+LMC/+MR/High Resists would be awesome, but seems to be impossible now that no-name Legendaries don't really spawn anymore. Only way to get something like this anymore, is to imbue then enhance it yourself.
I so want to see some good Legendary Dragon Armor. I've always loved the look of that, as well as Bone Armor.

So most of my sampire armor is a few key artifacts (like mace and sheild glasses for the Hit Lower Defense) and then woodland armor. You can enhance it to get DCI/HCI added along with imbuing up the properties above.
The thing is though, that not only does Woodland Armor not have any innate LMC bonus at all, but it also has absolutely zero Stamina Protection whatsoever. Even meddable Leather Armor provides more Stam Protection than Woodland does.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
+8-10 Stamina
+DEX
+8-10% LMC
+2-4 MR
High Resists

Anything else is a bonus. Finding a piece with +5 HPI/+Stam/+LMC/+MR/High Resists would be awesome, but seems to be impossible now that no-name Legendaries don't really spawn anymore. Only way to get something like this anymore, is to imbue then enhance it yourself.
I so want to see some good Legendary Dragon Armor. I've always loved the look of that, as well as Bone Armor.

The thing is though, that not only does Woodland Armor not have any innate LMC bonus at all, but it also has absolutely zero Stamina Protection whatsoever. Even meddable Leather Armor provides more Stam Protection than Woodland does.
This is not correct.
Studded armor, hide armor (not dragon turlte hide), stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
This is not correct.
Studded armor, hide armor (not dragon turlte hide), stone armor, bone armor, woodland armor, will provide a light bonus to stamina loss reduction.
I like turtles. :D

Non-med is ok for my tamer, who doesn't cast very often usually. Or when training certain skills, or on my crafters, except scribe.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like turtles. :D

Non-med is ok for my tamer, who doesn't cast very often usually. Or when training certain skills, or on my crafters, except scribe.
I use a mix of everything :)
on my tamer i have full studd suit, works pretty well.
I even use leather armor on my samp it's not game breaking to roll with 1-2 leather pices as long as u have decent stats.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice job ty for the spread sheet, so much easier for me to digest. So the only armor that you are getting is ring/chain (noisy) and I do not see any cloth/leather (quite) armor. Aren't assassins suppose to be stealthy killer types. I also thought that there was suppose to be a lot more higher end type stuff so where is the major loot upgrade in all of this. I see that you got 3 legendary items out of 33. Any good jewelry?
I haven't finished putting everything in yet. I think there will probably be about 150-200 items by the time it's complete.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I haven't finished putting everything in yet. I think there will probably be about 150-200 items by the time it's complete.
TY for the spreadsheet because all those pictures start to blur together looking at them

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TY for the spreadsheet because all those pictures start to blur together looking at them
You're welcome! I've put in all the armor and shield information I have as of tonight. I want to do some more warrior cache chests tomorrow for more heavy armor and shields, and then some of the other themes in other facets. I am also hoping maybe the hats have been added back to the Artisan cache/horde/trove chests....it's weird not seeing them.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Something like this is what I'd hope for from the higher end chests (I think I got this from the roof). The mana could be swapped out with HP and it still be good. To make it even better add the HP/Str on top of what's on there now.
CaptureGorget.PNG

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is not correct.
I've just tested it again. Whenever i took damage while wearing full Woodland, i lost a lot of Stamina. Got hit for 24 damage when formerly at full Health, lose 18 Stamina.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Let's do the same exercise again and talk about non-meddable armor, i.e., bone, studded, hide, chainmail, ringmail, platemail, dragon, and stone armor. (Might have missed something in there!)

I've always assumed that it's non-mage characters that use the non-meddable armor. However, because the Mage Armor property exists, I know that assumption could be very wrong.

So which characters use all that hefty armor?
If you have Meditation on the characters template you need Mage Armour, if you do not use Meditation you do not need it to be Mage Armour.

How important is stamina loss reduction and is it important enough to make you stick to chainmail, ringmail, platemail, and dragon armor?
I've never used it as I prefer 55 LMC, however, others in the warriors profession forum often prefer it. I don't know how effective it is in practice, if it's good enough to not need Hit Stamina Leech then that would indeed be a massive boon. Personally I still prefer the higher LMC.

No, because you can remove it at Mage Guildmaster NPC's.

Is it important to you to be able to use the armor refinement components?
Yes, unless it's a PvP character, and assuming I can be bothered to farm the things.

Do you prefer certain types of crafted heavy armor because of material bonuses? Do you ever add material bonuses to looted items by enhancing?
If you plan every aspect of the suit properly you know before you build it whether you need to enhance it or if you can reach the caps you need by remaking base pieces. So sometimes yes.

Is it important to have LRC on heavy armor for a non-mage character, e.g., to avoid tithing for chivalry spells?
It depends how heavily the character uses those type of abilities. On a Mystic dexxer hybrid I will have it because it's a core part of the template. I won't usually bother for Tithing Points because a) they're really cheap and b) if I'm using Chivalry to that extent it's on a 4/6 character and the suit is more cramped for item properties.

If you're using necromancy on a dexxer, how important is it that your armor is completely meddable? Do you need full LRC on the suit?
The suit doesn't need to be medable unless you're using Meditation. The only dexxer template hybrided with Necro that would feasibly bother with that is for PvP. At which point it's a moot question you either need it or you don't it's not a preference. LRC question as above.

If you're not using the Meditation skill it's feasible. You might be playing a Mystic/Necro (terrible combination but still feasible) getting your mana from Focus and Wraith Form.

Which heavy armor properties are a waste of space because you can pick up those properties on other parts of your gear?
Luck, Stamina Regen and RPD are a waste of space unless you're building a Luck suit (which are pretty rigidly set already), or including 100 RPD in your suit (for a PvP character). I'm not a massive fan of the Eater property in PvM either, possibly aside from Fire Eater vs Breath as there's not really any other counter for it (except Evasion and that's very template specific).

I'll try to come up with a list of the properties I'm seeing on heavy armor but it will be later tonight. I'm hoping maybe we can come up with some recommendations for the devs for "heavy armor" in the treasure chests so more of it is usable and isn't just thrown out or unraveled.
Not sure what you're defining as 'Heavy Armour' but I assume you mean non-Medable. The only things that matter on non-Med dexxer armour for PvM are resists, Stamina Increase, Mana Increase, Lower Mana Cost, HP Increase, and if you can get Str/Dex/Int that is also a plus. Regens don't really matter on PvM dexxers as you have Hit Leeches. (I'm not interested in the just res'd argument because if you setup/play your character right you shouldn't die anyway.) If stuff spawned with HCI/DCI it'd help take pressure off the jewels.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just tested it again. Whenever i took damage while wearing full Woodland, i lost a lot of Stamina. Got hit for 24 damage when formerly at full Health, lose 18 Stamina.
how much stam did u loose when wearing a leather suit ?