• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Triton Builds

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The range for physical resist is 45 to 55. His is at 20% of that range. if 45% it would be 0%.

You are calculating the % based on the total. I did that when the Calculator came out. It is better to calculate it the way they do for comparisons. It's nice to see you have a pet that is 97.61% of the total tho.

They did not want to put the total % on there but they did put the numbers in the results so you can easily calculate the total%

If they did totals, a lot of pet types would be above 80 all the time.
I used your pet that I quoted for the numbers and typed 155 for intel.
This is from that calc.

Intensity Rating %
This is the rating of a pet and indicates how it compares to the best possible spawn of that pet. A 100% rating is truly quite rare, if not impossible.

All those % are compared to a max possible pet not to all pets possible but to the max pet possible and the only ones that are right are the 100%
Just look at your hit points of 696 of of 700 (max) is no way 91% of max, 91% of 700 is 637.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A range of 45 to 55 is ten points. Each point is worth 10%. Since they cant be 0% you cant use that as the lowest.

@Khyro can explain why this method is better. He convinced me it is the better way to get a rating.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is from that calc.

Intensity Rating %
This is the rating of a pet and indicates how it compares to the best possible spawn of that pet. A 100% rating is truly quite rare, if not impossible.

All those % are compared to a max possible pet not to all pets possible but to the max pet possible and the only ones that are right are the 100%
Just look at your hit points of 696 of of 700 (max) is no way 91% of max, 91% of 700 is 637.
Well, if my thoughts are correct, what the calculater does, is assign o% to the lowest number the pet can spawn at, and "scales" the % from there.

Example: Energy resist can ONLY spawn between 85-90%. 85 would be 0%, 86-20%, 87-40%, up to 90-100%

BUT, since I prefer an 85% energy resist one, everything else being the same, an 85% one would have a "slightly" lower % score, it would be preferable. :)

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Maybe my math is wrong but if you have 4443 points out of 4552 points total how does that equal 88.99% I used your numbers posted and came up with a different percent than you did but even so the percent just does not work. 88.99% of 4552 would be 4,096 points not 4443 points. 4443 out of a total of 4552=97.61% I never did understand his percentages on that calc. How can your phy resist of 47 out of 55 be only 20%. IMHO your pet is way more than what you are saying it is.
This is from that calc.

Intensity Rating %

You are not doing the right math to determine the % of points possible in the spawn range. You are basing the percent on a scale of 0 intensity to max intensity. Nothing spawns at 0 intensity. You need to find the possible spawn range by subtracting the minimum possible from the actual intensity and max intensity before doing the division.

The formula to get the % from a range is: (((Actual Value - Min Possible) / (Max Possible - Min Possible)) * 100)

Without accounting for this, the scale basically becomes 80% to 100% and doesn't give a fair assessment of pets (i.e. the worst pet possible could still rate an 80%).

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, if my thoughts are correct, what the calculater does, is assign o% to the lowest number the pet can spawn at, and "scales" the % from there.

Example: Energy resist can ONLY spawn between 85-90%. 85 would be 0%, 86-20%, 87-40%, up to 90-100%
I understand what you are saying but that is not what he said and then maybe they should post the ranges of the pet and not just the max. Don't get me wrong it is a good tool to use as it gives you the max of every thing that your pet can start with.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I understand what you are saying but that is not what he said and then maybe they should post the ranges of the pet and not just the max. Don't get me wrong it is a good tool to use as it gives you the max of every thing that your pet can start with.
Only so much can be displayed in the results table without crowding it, so we chose to display the max possible stat. Full ranges for pets are always available in the Animal Bestiary

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are not doing the right math to determine the % of points possible in the spawn range. You are basing the percent on a scale of 0 intensity to max intensity. Nothing spawns at 0 intensity. You need to find the possible spawn range by subtracting the minimum possible from the actual intensity and max intensity before doing the division.

The formula to get the % from a range is: (((Actual Value - Min Possible) / (Max Possible - Min Possible)) / 100)

Without accounting for this, the scale basically becomes 80% to 100% and doesn't give a fair assessment of pets (i.e. the worst pet possible could still rate an 80%).
What you are saying is not what is posted on the web site and I quote

Intensity Rating %

and the only thing showing is the pets numbers and the max numbers only, there are no min range showing that I can see. Like I said yours is the best tool out there but you are not showing all the numbers and your explanation is not what you just said.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What you are saying is not what is posted on the web site and I quote

Intensity Rating %

and the only thing showing is the pets numbers and the max numbers only, there are no min range showing that I can see. Like I said yours is the best tool out there but you are not showing all the numbers and your explanation is not what you just said.
It's exactly what I just said, and the part you are quoting from the website does not contradict that. The rating is based on how well the pet compares to the best possible spawn.

The full spawn range is displayed directly under the rating of the pet:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's exactly what I just said, and the part you are quoting from the website does not contradict that. The rating is based on how well the pet compares to the best possible spawn.

The full spawn range is displayed directly under the rating of the pet:

This is from your web site

Intensity Rating %

That say This is the rating of a pet This is the pet that I have tamed/others have tamed, a pet = one pet.

and indicates how it compares to the best possible spawn of that pet. The best possible spawn is still just one pet. Your statement compares one pet to one pet not a range of pets. I understand what you are saying here but that statement on the web page does not say that.

That pet had a 696 HP out of 700 HP or 2088 out of 2100 and it was listed at 91% on a one to one comparison A that does not add up. A 696 HP out of 700 HP or 2088 out of 2100 is a 99.43% comparison.

The pet used had a 696 hit point rating and when compared to the max pet of 700 points it gave a rating of 91%

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Lord Frodo Their caclulator starts with 0% at THE MINIMUM SPAWNING NUMBER (that's why 85 energy resist=0%), for that particular pet, and scales the %'s from that number. Not at zero. That is why y'all are coming up with different numbers.

Khyro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is from your web site

Intensity Rating %

That say This is the rating of a pet This is the pet that I have tamed/others have tamed, a pet = one pet.

and indicates how it compares to the best possible spawn of that pet. The best possible spawn is still just one pet. Your statement compares one pet to one pet not a range of pets. I understand what you are saying here but that statement on the web page does not say that.

That pet had a 696 HP out of 700 HP or 2088 out of 2100 and it was listed at 91% on a one to one comparison A that does not add up. A 696 HP out of 700 HP or 2088 out of 2100 is a 99.43% comparison.

The pet used had a 696 hit point rating and when compared to the max pet of 700 points it gave a rating of 91%
You still aren't getting the math.

You are doing 696/700 = 99.43%. This is incorrect. For that math to work, the minimum Hit Points needs to be 0.

You have to do the math on the spawn range:
- Min Hits = 651
- Max Hits = 700
- Actual Hits = 696

Possible Hits range from 651 to 700. What % of possible hits is 696? Find the actual possible range first:
  1. Actual Hits - Min Hits = 45
  2. Max Hits - Min Hits = 49
So we actually have 45 Hits out of 49 possible in that range. Now do the math on those numbers:
  1. 45/49 = 0.91
  2. 0.91 * 100 = 91, or 91%

Maybe this will help. 651 Hits is the lowest possible hit points for a Triton. If we do the calculation the way you are doing it above: 651/700 = 0.93. Does it seem right that the worst possible hit points on a Triton would still rate 93% of total hit points?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still aren't getting the math.

You are doing 696/700 = 99.43%. This is incorrect. For that math to work, the minimum Hit Points needs to be 0.

You have to do the math on the spawn range:
- Min Hits = 651
- Max Hits = 700
- Actual Hits = 696

Possible Hits range from 651 to 700. What % of possible hits is 696? Find the actual possible range first:
  1. Actual Hits - Min Hits = 45
  2. Max Hits - Min Hits = 49
So we actually have 45 Hits out of 49 possible in that range. Now do the math on those numbers:
  1. 45/49 = 0.91
  2. 0.91 * 100 = 91, or 91%

Maybe this will help. 651 Hits is the lowest possible hit points for a Triton. If we do the calculation the way you are doing it above: 651/700 = 0.93. Does it seem right that the worst possible hit points on a Triton would still rate 93% of total hit points?
The question to ask, though, would be whether the Developers ever released the information on what type of spawn is the range...

Is it linear ? Is it weighted with higher intensities being increasingly more difficult ? Is it logarithmic ?

Something else ?

My point being, unless it is an information known how the Developers designed the spawning rate for the higher quality tameables, how is it possible to then say what Intensity Range is more difficult to achieve ?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The question to ask, though, would be whether the Developers ever released the information on what type of spawn is the range...

Is it linear ? Is it weighted with higher intensities being increasingly more difficult ? Is it logarithmic ?

Something else ?

My point being, unless it is an information known how the Developers designed the spawning rate for the higher quality tameables, how is it possible to then say what Intensity Range is more difficult to achieve ?
There is no advanced math other than statistics/probability.

Each category has a range. HP, STR, all of that. Each resist has a range.

So each of those categories are determined separately. So theres like 8 categories with different ranges whose values are determined by RNG. So it is difficult to get a good value for 8 different things all on the same pet. So each roll is separate. Its like using a standard di. Roll 8 times. What is the chance of getting 8 rolls of 6 in a row.

Such is the life of a tamer.

If you were to plot the distribution you would get a bell curve. There are fewer really high end pets and fewer real low end pets.

Armor is even worse. Things can spawn on armor that you do not want.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Poison Builds:

Pets that can get poison as a magic can access Poison Abilities:

Venomous Bite (Mana Cost 30)
Trains the creature in the Venomous Bite special ability, causing the creature to poison all nearby targets.
Vicious Bite (Mana Cost 20)
Trains the creature in the Vicious Bite special ability, causing the creature to inflict a festering wound on approaching targets that does direct damage over time.

Aura of Nausea (Mana Cost 100)
Trains the creature in the Aura of Nausea area effect, causing nearby targets to suffer a reduction in swing speed, hit chance, defence chance and faster casting.
Poison Breath (Mana Cost 50)
Trains the creature in the Poison Breath area effect, causing lethal poison to nearby targets.
Essence of Disease (Mana Cost 20)
Trains the creature in the Essence of Disease area effect, causing poison damage to nearby targets.

How to add Poison abilities:
The Poison Magic Ability costs 100 points.

You need to decide what you want for the entire build so you can get the things you want.
Always do a test run on test center.

Using a Triton with no abilities chosen. I want all of my pets to have AI so I choose that first.

Choose the Magic Ability; Poison

The pet can now access Area Poison Abilities and Poison Special Abilities.

Choose the build you want. You can then go back to Magic Abilities and choose a differnt Magic.

Here are some that do damage:

upload_2019-5-11_23-25-26.png

upload_2019-5-11_23-25-58.png

upload_2019-5-11_23-26-36.png

Here are some that you can try at your own risk:

Tokuno spawned pet
upload_2019-5-11_23-28-51.png

Tokuno spawned pet
upload_2019-5-11_23-29-32.png

Here is one I made: Chivalry is over 100 so I can take him out to fight.

upload_2019-5-11_23-39-2.png

You can skill the poison to 100 in Destard if you want interactive skilling. Start with the Crimson/Platinum Drakes. Then move up as the skill increases.

upload_2019-5-11_23-41-31.png upload_2019-5-11_23-41-57.png

He seems to use his Chivalry skills on single targets more than the Area Poison.
Uses both in crowds.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I think I've settled on 2 triton builds to start.
Figured I'd see if these look ok
TritonCA.PNG TritonDC.PNG

I might try to grab a couple more statues before I actually start to train these 2. However, I think both of these guys should do fine, even though they both start low with STR

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
View attachment 97738 View attachment 97739

I might try to grab a couple more statues before I actually start to train these 2. However, I think both of these guys should do fine, even though they both start low with STR
Looks good. Honestly, with the exception of a spec or maybe 2, you don't need a high starting strength Triton. For a couple builds I've done, I didnt even care about strength at all, it was about wrestling and resists being high.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
does that mean were gonna see/ and get slowed down/ crash because of 100s of tritons at events now .... instead of 100s of screen filling dragons....dohhhhh

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Looks good. Honestly, with the exception of a spec or maybe 2, you don't need a high starting strength Triton. For a couple builds I've done, I didnt even care about strength at all, it was about wrestling and resists being high.
What you are saying about STR really rings true with both of them. The planned Disco/CB has 139 STR. While the planned Chiv/AI one has 103 (although I kind of cheated a little on the planner by assuming I'll get STR to 125). Both look like they will be super fun to play with.

And then a friend got this guy for me....
Triton 4 Mordha.PNG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
View attachment 97738 View attachment 97739

If you are building basic single magic builds the strength or starting % does not matter. If the str started at 125 they would still have 625 str at the start of round 3. They have higher total resists and HP than a Cu. So the worst one is still a Cu on steroids at 3 slot with free Wrestling scroll.

Both look good. Since the second one doesn't do more than base melee damage, the Wrestling is not that important. But, yours is over 120 so that saves 200 points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What you are saying about STR really rings true with both of them. The planned Disco/CB has 139 STR. While the planned Chiv/AI one has 103 (although I kind of cheated a little on the planner by assuming I'll get STR to 125). Both look like they will be super fun to play with.

And then a friend got this guy for me....
View attachment 97743
You could build a Two Magic Beast with that one. You dont have to put 120 scrolls on everything. I sure dont.

Saved Planner | uo-cah.com

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
does that mean were gonna see/ and get slowed down/ crash because of 100s of tritons at events now .... instead of 100s of screen filling dragons....dohhhhh
Nope..Just the opposite. The Tritons use much less moving sprites, and not FLAPPING around all the time like Dragons. Should be better if anything.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I plan to make at least 1 more, looking for area moves like FWW, 1 of the area moves or maybe venomous bite, and maybe mysticism.

I wonder if FWW, venomous bite, essence of disease, and mysticism would work.

What build would be the ultimate area damager do you think?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I plan to make at least 1 more, looking for area moves like FWW, 1 of the area moves or maybe venomous bite, and maybe mysticism.

I wonder if FWW, venomous bite, essence of disease, and mysticism would work.

What build would be the ultimate area damager do you think?
Cant get that many things when using poison.

This would be closest.

upload_2019-5-12_16-59-22.png

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I opened my 4rth Triton last night. Unfortunately it was 35% and <120 wrestling. Worst one I've opened yet! Gave it away free. I would need a good one to make that build Pawain posted. Should try it on test center first though. Adding mysticism might be too much.

Last edited:

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You could build a Two Magic Beast with that one. You dont have to put 120 scrolls on everything. I sure dont.
its not a "two magic".

That is confusing for people, especially newly returning people reading this thread. It would be excellent if you stopped using that phrasing.

It's one magic.

and a special move that adds passive bushido/ninjitsu just for damage/effectiveness calculations.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I call them two magic when you have to pay for bushido or ninja and then add another magic other the poison. You have to buy 2 magics. You just do not activate one. But you still have buy it.

Paying 500 points for a passive magic and 200 for the scroll is very expensive.

So. How many magics do you have to buy to make FFW/chiv? Two.
We know what you mean Pawain, but some noobs reading your posts may not, and think they can go and add something like chiv and mysticism to an animal. We all know how people plow right through the magic warning window.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We know what you mean Pawain, but some noobs reading your posts may not, and think they can go and add something like chiv and mysticism to an animal. We all know how people plow right through the magic warning window.

Yes, have had to correct several people who have read pawains two magic posts here thinking they get two full magics on their pet.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Chances are that it will not be more popular. It is not rideable, looks butt-ugly, there are some magics it does not get (Bushido for example), AND if is accidentally released, or goes wild then just vanishes into thin air. Also, they hinted it will not spawn after December? Not sure. But it is a serious toy to play with for now, some interesting builds also. Will not replace Cus.
Should have given it a different graphic, make it rideable also.
Imagine tho, Fully scrolling one with 150-200M worth of PS, then spend gobs of time to train-skill, then POOF!
Since this post it was found by our testers that YES you can add Bushido magic class to these if you spawn-ckick them in Tokuno islands. (Not sure if it was intended or accidental, but makes sense with game mechanics.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Had a good friend give me a nice Triton the other day. figure I'd make a tank out of this guy.
I feel this will be a good setup.
triton tank final.PNG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Had a good friend give me a nice Triton the other day. figure I'd make a tank out of this guy.
I feel this will be a good setup.
View attachment 97942
Yours is light on points but my first one is working great I have taken it all over the place. Both magic skills are 118 + (that is a record for me in such short time.)

Some may say it is ability bloated. Every ability is useful. It is made for tanking and killing a high HP mob. The Feint causes incoming damage to be cut in half. The AI does its high damage, The chivalry does what chivalry does, High damage. Healing does what I need, heal. So not matter what it decides to do, it needs to do that.

I use it on my archer tamer who has no vet or healing. Chiv healing is not for pets. I can run consume when needed.

It can stand toe to toe with Navrey, Travesty, Rikki and do damage. I only need to run consume for a few seconds at Navrey if it never gets webbed. If it gets webbed the HP are back to max in seconds. The only thing that killed it was Grizzle because I did not move it and it drank the Green Goo.

I'm currently putting the build on a Mystery pet that has no healing and lots fewer HP.

@Mordha 128 wrestling Tritons dont grow on trees. Please put AI/Chiv on it and give to another tamer of yours or a returner or new player that may come later.

Find you another one that's 126 or more and has enough points for this build:

upload_2019-5-19_16-23-6.png

A Tank can kill stuff now!

Last edited:

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Got my newest Triton to 4 slot. Ended up going with Poison/Essence of Disease/FWW. It was a tough choice, goo has much larger range, but very low damage. I like how essence of disease keeps ticking damage.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What thoughts does anyone have on a Chiv/AI/Conductive blast Triton ? It seems good to me(like PHY damage and Grasping Claw on a Hiryu) , but looking for some feedback. Also, if I go with an area effect (more to agro spawn to the pet, plus some damage) is Goo still the way to go? I put Aura of Energy on a couple, but it hardly does any damage AT ALL.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
What thoughts does anyone have on a Chiv/AI/Conductive blast Triton ? It seems good to me(like PHY damage and Grasping Claw on a Hiryu) , but looking for some feedback. Also, if I go with an area effect (more to agro spawn to the pet, plus some damage) is Goo still the way to go? I put Aura of Energy on a couple, but it hardly does any damage AT ALL.
I was thinking of Chiv/AI/CB too but it seems like I saw quite a few people say that combo won't be super effective due to AI hitting a 100% phys which makes CB (lowers energy) usage on those hits irrelevant.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was thinking of Chiv/AI/CB too but it seems like I saw quite a few people say that combo won't be super effective due to AI hitting a 100% phys which makes CB (lowers energy) usage on those hits irrelevant.
Hmm, good thought. With "regular" hits it should (?) help though. Anyone else?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmm, good thought. With "regular" hits it should (?) help though. Anyone else?
Ideally yes it will but it seems very hard to predict when pets will use things. If the pet were to cast EoO and then immediately a few AI's followed by a CB to lower energy and a few regular hits while it built mana that would be perfect. What could also happen (or likely for me lol) is that it hits CB to lower the energy and then does a couple AI which wastes the CB time and then after that it casts EoO and a few chiv spells. I've certainly thought about it quite a bit on how to do the most damage with a Triton and it seems as it stands after much testing by Pawain/ the K's/others that Chiv/AI straight up is still the most DPS dealer.

If you can get a friend to go along with you then a better combo would be disco/CB on a triton and then chiv/ai on another triton (or Cu) as Pawain mentioned.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've certainly thought about it quite a bit on how to do the most damage with a Triton and it seems as it stands after much testing by Pawain/ the K's/others that Chiv/AI straight up is still the most DPS dealer.
Depends on the tamers spec, the mob you are fighting and if it's just the tritons damage you are looking at.

If you can get a friend to go along with you then a better combo would be disco/CB on a triton and then chiv/ai on another triton (or Cu) as Pawain mentioned.
Chiv Energy Drake would be better than a cu or second triton.